Page 6 of 48 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 180 of 1423
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Morbis Meh's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    On the Ragetrain
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked (Pathfinder IC)

    Jodiah sighs "The narcotic may not work period if they deliver here first... Waiting for here is just asking to be discovered, we're not far from our original cell and it may take time for them to finish cooking. If a guard goes by our cell it will be all for not anyways."
    A big shout out to myself for the custom Thanatos Avvie... never again lol
    Is the proud owner of 7 cookies and 1.5 internets
    Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    Benny Hill theme, firing terminal velocity zombies via portals, with your wife as backup.
    ... I'm pretty sure you win an internet. Maybe even two internets.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Past Avatars
    Szilard

    Red Wizard avvie by Kymme

  2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGirl

    Join Date
    Jul 2010

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked (Pathfinder IC)

    Sirin Starshine

    Sirin takes up all her meager equipment (veil, dagger, empty potion vial, and masterwork thieves' tools) and rises to her feet. She lowers her head and responds to Jodi in a deferential manner.

    "I'm willing to go, Nana Jodi. But is there any way to go down besides down those stairs?"

    "If we go down those stairs, we might meet them on the stairway bringing the prisoners' food up."


    Edit: She looks at the others, including Grumblejack, clearly wondering what their opinions are.
    Last edited by Frivolous; 2012-11-10 at 12:01 PM.

  3. - Top - End - #153
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Lost Demiurge's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked (Pathfinder IC)

    Grumblejack shrugs and spreads his hands. He seems a little confused. "Who leads us, anyway? All this bickering giving headaches."
    Last edited by Lost Demiurge; 2012-11-10 at 01:02 PM.
    Awesome avatar by Kpenguin. ALL HAIL DOCTOR DIRE!


  4. - Top - End - #154
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Finkmilkana's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2011

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked (Pathfinder IC)

    "No, there seems to be no other way. The only question right now is just which door we should use. And I would say we move now if everyone has gotten what he needs."
    With that he once again starts to move towards the stairs, waiting if the rest follows.

  5. - Top - End - #155
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Lost Demiurge's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked (Pathfinder IC)

    The stairs descend to a 30 by 20 room, with lantern sconces in the walls on either side of a door to the north. A door to the east is unlit. There appears to be nothing else of note in this room.
    Last edited by Lost Demiurge; 2012-11-11 at 12:13 PM.
    Awesome avatar by Kpenguin. ALL HAIL DOCTOR DIRE!


  6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGirl

    Join Date
    Jul 2010

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked (Pathfinder IC)

    Sirin Starshine


    Sirin looks nervously at the others, then follows after Marthras at a distance, maybe 15 feet, her dagger in her hand.

    She does not follow too closely, since he has armor and she does not.

  7. - Top - End - #157
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Sjurd's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked (Pathfinder IC)

    Silas holds a finger up to his lips to indicate the need for stealth, then slowly approaches the northern door, listening to hear for any noise coming from the other side.

    Stealth (1d20+5)[21]
    Perception (1d20+4)[21]

  8. - Top - End - #158
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Finkmilkana's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2011

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked (Pathfinder IC)

    Marthras whispers to the rest:I would say we go through the unlit one, I guess it is more likely to find guards behind the lid one.

  9. - Top - End - #159
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Lost Demiurge's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked (Pathfinder IC)

    Silas hears muffled conversation coming from behind the northern door. It sounds like it's a distance away...
    Awesome avatar by Kpenguin. ALL HAIL DOCTOR DIRE!


  10. - Top - End - #160
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Sjurd's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked (Pathfinder IC)

    ...and then he listens at the eastern door.

  11. - Top - End - #161
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Lost Demiurge's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked (Pathfinder IC)

    Silas hears skittering from the eastern door. Sounds like... Rats gnawing? Not many of them, though.
    Awesome avatar by Kpenguin. ALL HAIL DOCTOR DIRE!


  12. - Top - End - #162
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Sjurd's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked (Pathfinder IC)

    Silas whispers to the other party members. "I hear scurrying. Maybe rats. Probably no people or they would have scared the rats off."

  13. - Top - End - #163
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Finkmilkana's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2011

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked (Pathfinder IC)

    "Ok, then lets try this."
    After a few moments and if no one protests Marthras will try to open the unlit door with the keys.

  14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGirl

    Join Date
    Jul 2010

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked (Pathfinder IC)

    Sirin Starshine

    Sirin says, "Just be sure to peek in, then close the door and lock it again if it's dangerous."

    She then draws her dagger and hides in shadows waiting for Marthras to open the door.

    Stealth
    Spoiler
    Show
    Stealth: (1d20+7)[8]


    For once, Sirin's skill at stealth fails her. She doesn't seem to be hiding very well.
    Last edited by Frivolous; 2012-11-13 at 11:18 AM.

  15. - Top - End - #165
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Morbis Meh's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    On the Ragetrain
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked (Pathfinder IC)

    Jodiah just mundanely follows, starring out into nothingness with her spaced out gaze. She stands behind Sirin complacently not particularirly trying to hide just being naturally smaller than the figure in front of her.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Well lets see how hiding goes for me, it would be funny if it was low then I could just say she was trying to mimic Sirin
    (1d20+5)[21]
    A big shout out to myself for the custom Thanatos Avvie... never again lol
    Is the proud owner of 7 cookies and 1.5 internets
    Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    Benny Hill theme, firing terminal velocity zombies via portals, with your wife as backup.
    ... I'm pretty sure you win an internet. Maybe even two internets.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Past Avatars
    Szilard

    Red Wizard avvie by Kymme

  16. - Top - End - #166
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Lost Demiurge's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked (Pathfinder IC)

    The eastern door opens, and dim light from the room you're in spills into the darkness. There are a few squeaks and a scuttling sound, as vermin run for cover. You can see boxes, crates, and barrels, some covered with tarps. The only other exit is a door to the north.

    NOTICE DC 18
    Spoiler
    Show
    From the room beyond the northern door, you hear someone say "Myra? MYRA? Hey, what's wrong?!?"
    Awesome avatar by Kpenguin. ALL HAIL DOCTOR DIRE!


  17. - Top - End - #167
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Morbis Meh's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    On the Ragetrain
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked (Pathfinder IC)

    Jodiah keeps her complacent stare and her silly grin in place Damn... the cook tasted the food and is out cold...

    Jodiah looks around the group and says in a distant tone "My this walking tour is sure taking it's time, I think some poor dear named Myra in another group fainted. That's just bad business, I am going to complain to our tour guide!" She stomps off toward Grumblejack and jabs his shin with a finger "Now listen here mister tour guide man, it is bad form to have tour groups walking such long distances without breaks and provided lunch. Not to mention your explanation of this sites are deplorable, I shall lodge a complaint against you with your manager on our way out!" She turns to the group with her dreamy smile and odd gaze "Now everyone my name is Jodiah, but please call me Nana Jodi it's what my children called me, if any of you are feeling dizzy or tired please let me know because I am trained in first aid." She wanders up to Briget "My you are a pretty lass, what is your name child, you look vaguely familiar... maybe we met or maybe I know your mother, I am rather old and I have worked for a lot of families."
    A big shout out to myself for the custom Thanatos Avvie... never again lol
    Is the proud owner of 7 cookies and 1.5 internets
    Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    Benny Hill theme, firing terminal velocity zombies via portals, with your wife as backup.
    ... I'm pretty sure you win an internet. Maybe even two internets.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Past Avatars
    Szilard

    Red Wizard avvie by Kymme

  18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGirl

    Join Date
    Jul 2010

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked (Pathfinder IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception: (1d20+11)[25]



    Sirin Starshine


    Sirin tilts her head towards the north and brushes some of her hair away so that one of her pointed ears is visible.

    "I believe the Oil of Taggit is taking effect. I can hear someone asking Myra what is wrong."

    She points at the recently discovered door to the north.

    "I believe that way leads to the kitchen, more guards, and all their equipment."

    The half-elf gives Jodiah a concerned frown.

    "Nana Jodi.... Nana Jodi... We're in prison. You have to pull yourself together so we can all escape."

    "We need you to be focused, Nana Jodi."


    Then she asks Bridget, "Bridget, can you repeat your spell? If we can take them by surprise while they fuss over the unconscious ones, their equipment can be ours."
    Last edited by Frivolous; 2012-11-13 at 12:54 PM.

  19. - Top - End - #169
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Sjurd's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked (Pathfinder IC)

    "If this 'Myra' is falling asleep, they may or may not suspect the food. We can attack now, or wait a minute or two to allow any others who ate the food to also fall asleep. I think we should wait a moment to allow any guards to fall asleep as well."

  20. - Top - End - #170
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Aug 2010

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked (Pathfinder IC)

    "Eating is not what you do if someone falls unconscious. Going for help is what you do."

    She turns to Sirin, "I can and I will. Let's get to that door so we're ready if someone is coming this way. When you are ready, signal that you're opening the door and I'll be ready with my spell."


    When Nana Jodi reintroduces herself, Bridget gives her a long look. "Hello Nana, my name is Saff. I was just about to go look at the next exhibit. Would you like to wait here and rest for a few minutes with our tour guide? You can welcome the other members of our tour group if they come through that door." she indicates the northern door, "What do you say, my dear, would you like to throw a surprise party for them?"

  21. - Top - End - #171
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Sjurd's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked (Pathfinder IC)

    Silas sneers at Bridget. "You know, girlie, there may be guards in other parts of the prison - guards who are eating right now - who did not hear her yelling. And even if they do, that doesn't mean that the food will be the first assumption. They may even order the maid in there to keep serving dinner while they lug the cook off to the infirmary." He jabs a finger toward the northern door for emphasis. "But if we go in there buck-wild and don't put down everyone in the room in two heartbeats, they will sure as hell know that we are here."

  22. - Top - End - #172
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Lost Demiurge's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked (Pathfinder IC)

    Grumblejack is perplexed by Nana Jodi scolding him, but seems to take it in good grace.

    From the next room, there is the sound of a door opening, and male conversation.

    PERCEPTION DC 18
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Okay old man, very fun- Uh. Okay, something's wrong here."
    Awesome avatar by Kpenguin. ALL HAIL DOCTOR DIRE!


  23. - Top - End - #173
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Morbis Meh's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    On the Ragetrain
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked (Pathfinder IC)

    Jodiah turns around with with a puzzled look on her face then turns her head back to Bridget "Prison? Of course we're in prison, that is the tour I signed up for... I think or was it the museum of pastires, I cannot recall come to think of it." She frowns and appears lost in thought but snaps out of it at the mention of a surprise party "That would be a lovely idea but it is hardly appropriate on a tour, why we would need to gain permission from the administration then plan the party. Why we don't even have decorations or a cake, everyone knows you cannot have a proper party without cake!" She turns to the big half orc with the scowling face "Guards sleeping on the job? Now that certainly is unprofessional, why we should notify their manager immediately, also tuck in your shirt and stand up straight young man just because you're on a field trip doesn't mean you can look like a slob in public!" She gives a loud audible sigh "I think we should continue on, the day is moving on and their is so much to see, we need to make sure to have enough time to visit the gift shop!"
    A big shout out to myself for the custom Thanatos Avvie... never again lol
    Is the proud owner of 7 cookies and 1.5 internets
    Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    Benny Hill theme, firing terminal velocity zombies via portals, with your wife as backup.
    ... I'm pretty sure you win an internet. Maybe even two internets.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Past Avatars
    Szilard

    Red Wizard avvie by Kymme

  24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGirl

    Join Date
    Jul 2010

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked (Pathfinder IC)

    Sirin Starshine


    Sirin keeps listening to the mumbled conversation on the other side of the door to the north.

    "I think... I believe someone else has fallen asleep. A man this time. So that's two down, in addition to the two we caught upstairs."

    "As Silas said, if we wait a little longer, maybe more will fall asleep."


    OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    For Lost Demiurge: Was the name Myra in the roster of guards that some of us (including Sirin) read?


    The half-elf smiles instinctively at the delicious memory of killing two of her jailers, then she addresses the others.

    "Until Nana Jodi comes back to herself, we have to protect her."

    "Especially since she has magic. Have you ever seen a caster go berserk when harmed? I would really prefer not to find out what other spells she has up her sleeve."

  25. - Top - End - #175
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Lost Demiurge's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked (Pathfinder IC)

    GM REPLY
    Spoiler
    Show
    No, the name Myra was not in the guard roster. Come to think of it, all of the names in the roster were male...
    Awesome avatar by Kpenguin. ALL HAIL DOCTOR DIRE!


  26. - Top - End - #176
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Finkmilkana's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2011

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked (Pathfinder IC)

    "We should make our move now, if we wait to long they might raise the alarm and get reinforcement from the city. At least that's what I would do if everyone is falling asleep without reason and I quite doubt that all ate at once."

  27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGirl

    Join Date
    Jul 2010

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked (Pathfinder IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Finkmilkana View Post
    "We should make our move now, if we wait to long they might raise the alarm and get reinforcement from the city. At least that's what I would do if everyone is falling asleep without reason and I quite doubt that all ate at once."

    Sirin Starshine


    Sirin smiles a little as she coos a response.

    "-You- might be so decisive and quick-thinking, Marthras, but most people aren't. They dither and walk in circles and pray to their gods for aid before the act."

    "So I believe that if you just wait a few more moments, everyone who has had a few bites of food laced with Oil of Taggit will be asleep."

    "However, I have been wrong sometimes, so if you want to open the door right this moment, be my guest. I won't stop you."

    "I suggest that Silas and maybe Grumblejack stand beside you. Bridget right behind so she can cast her spell."

    "But not me, I hope, since I have no armor."

  28. - Top - End - #178
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Sjurd's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked (Pathfinder IC)

    Silas smiles. "I think we've waited long enough just talking about whether or not to wait. Let's move." He takes position by the northern door, holding his sword and shield ready. He motions toward the door with his chin, indicating that someone else should open it so he can be ready to swing.

  29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGirl

    Join Date
    Jul 2010

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked (Pathfinder IC)

    Sirin Starshine


    Sirin purses her lips, then shrugs and opens the door for Silas.

    Then she quickly retreats behind the half-orc's armor-clad bulk.

  30. - Top - End - #180
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Aug 2010

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked (Pathfinder IC)

    As Sirin moves to open the door, Bridget readies her spell to cast as soon as the targets are visible.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •