Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 243
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground
     
    ZeroNumerous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007

    Default Team Cybele: The Leaf and the Sand

    DM

    Setsuna moves to the east, and leaps over to the larger tree beside her. She retrieves a small card-shaped object from her belt pouch.

    Spot DC 21
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's an Advanced Seal.

    Ninjutsu DC 23
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's the Ninja Art Trap technique, and it was loaded with a Summoning Technique.


    She casually rips the card in half and throws it in the air. The pieces explode into smoke, and three shadows fall out of the smoke and onto the tree with her. The three shadows stand up, and reveal themselves to be pale-skinned copies of the three sky-nin. The massive copy of Houshi carries a giant club and drools openly from his mouth. The copy of Amon crackles with lightning and seems to be talking, but the real sky-nin don't hear anything coming out of her mouth. The copy of Yousuke carries a chipped sword with no sheathe, and doesn't seem to have some sort of mocking trait behind him.

    Setsuna smiles, and shrugs. "I thought it would only be fair that you children would fight children. I, naturally, didn't have any. So you'll have to excuse me for borrowing your faces for a little while. It was surprisingly easy. None of you are terribly special after all."

    Fake Houshi, Fake Amon, and Fake Yousuke leap into action. Fake Houshi moves to directly confront Yousuke. Fake Amon and Fake Yousuke move south in order to stop the enemy from reaching Setsuna. All three fakes seem to be readying themselves to use some kind of skill.

    Camille is still out of it, but consents to be released by Cybele. The sky-jounin lets her go, and she sits down on the tree branch without comment or complaint.

    Spoiler
    Show


    Legend: Red - Fake Houshi
    Light blue - Fake Amon
    Light gray - Fake Yousuke

    Initiative: Yousuke - 24 - 60ft up.
    Setsuna - 20 - 75ft up.
    Fake Genin - 20 - 65ft up.
    Camille -19 - 65ft up.
    Houshi - 19 - 65ft up.
    Cybele - 12 - 65ft up.
    Amon - 7 - 65ft up.

    Setsuna retrieves an Advanced Seal from her belt pouch as part of her move action to (14, 3). She takes ten on her jump check. She rips it to summon the fakes as a standard action.

    The fakes all move to their specific locations as move actions. They take ten on their jump checks. They ready actions to do various things.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Kansas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Leaf and the Sand

    Inwardly, Houshi begins, Well, scratch that plan... Tactics would suggest...

    He hops through the trees, positioning himself to soon fight himself, "You may be able to copy our looks, you may be able to copy our abilities, but you will never be able to copy our souls!"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Hit Points: 38/38
    Chakra Pool: 29/30
    Chakra Reserve: 8/8
    Armour Class: 20
    Effects: Spd Rank 1 (1/5)

    Free: Unsuppress Speed Rank 1
    Double Move: 70' to 2-3/8-9, draw fullblade. taking 10 on Jump for 25.
    My first fanfic - Log of the Grinning Shadow Pirates - Chapter Four is now up! Enjoy!

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground
     
    ZeroNumerous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Leaf and the Sand

    DM

    Houshi's first leap sends him straight into an trap. A burst of flame drops the genin down five feet as the branch he lands on explodes. Houshi's second attempt to move forward results in another trap exploding beneath his feet. The genin plummets to the forest floor, and is immediately assaulted by the neurotoxin.

    Cybele releases Camille just in time to watch Houshi fall below the line of mist. The sky-jounin releases all of her restraints, and her muscles visibly bulge as she stops holding back. "Amon! If you have a gas mask or something, take it and go help him!" Without waiting for a response Cybele instantly disappears. She reappears behind Setsuna a second later, and immediately launches two punches at Setsuna's skull. The first blow misses as Setsuna blocks it with her hand. She smiles. "Silly girl. Congratulations, you made it to me. But at what cost?"

    "I won't let you harm what's precious to me." Cybele responds in a cold manner as she swings again. The second blow hits the doctor square in the liver, and she coughs up some blood as the organ bursts under the pressure. Setsuna just smiles.

    "Did you think... I'd risk everything... in a fistfight with you?" The doctor explodes into a burst of smoke, and the cloned versions of the genin explode as well. The only thing left of any of them is a small pile of dirt and stones.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Cybele uses Hirameku to cross the distance between herself and Setsuna in 1 standard action. She moves 110 feet to appear at (13,3) on the same level as Setsuna.

    She hides as part of her movement. She takes 10 for 32. Setsuna can only roll a maximum of 27, so she cannot possibly succeed.

    Cybele makes an unarmed full-attack vs Setsuna, then attempts to hide again. She's threatened, so she'll need to roll: (1d20+2)[22](-20 penalty for attacking in the same round) vs (1d20+7)[18] spot by Setsuna.

    Attack#1 Roll: (1d20+15)[19]
    Damage Roll: (1d3+2)[4] + (3d6)[11] sneak attack

    Attack#2 Roll: (1d20+10)[20]
    Damage Roll: (1d3+2)[5] + (3d6)[10] sneak attack
    Last edited by ZeroNumerous; 2012-11-02 at 12:22 AM.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    TraceHyde's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Leaf and the Sand

    Amon is stunned by the turn of events. Some vain part of her is offended to have fallen into the obvious, strategically avoidable fight, though mostly she's just bewildered as the fight seems to start and END with Cybele's fight. Yousuke had an excuse when he fell in the trap of ignorance, though Houshi just HAD to get himself in trouble. hadn't he insisted on grabbing Camille and running? She didn't even have time to evaluate her offence at the clone of herself before it pops out, Cybele apparently vanquishing their suddenly less than impressive opponent.

    "HOUSHI, ARE YOU OKAY?!" Amon shouts down as he descends into the mist, knowing he might well be dead. She could swear she heard him shouting when he hit the ground.

    And this fight wasn't over yet; if they didn't get away from this mist, if they ended up paralysed, then the real Setsuna would swing around shortly enough to finish them off. But if Houshi was out of it, no, he was almost certainly shot in the nerves, how were they supposed to escape while dragging him? At Cybele's order, she hesitates as she reaches for her mask. If the gas was rising, she might not be able to escape it in time for the mask to remain effective at protecting her. But if Houshi was bleeding out down there, she couldn't just leave him alone... "HOUSHI, IF YOU CAN MOVE, I NEED YOU TO TELL ME RIGHT NOW!" she shouts vainly. There was no way he was on his feet
    Last edited by TraceHyde; 2012-11-02 at 08:52 AM.
    Was given wrong medicine. Will hopefully improve soon >_<
    Spoiler
    Show
    Soragakure OOC (I II III IV V VI)-IC (I II III)

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    TraceHyde's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Leaf and the Sand

    Amon prepares to rescue Houshi, donning her gas mask and focussing her chakra as she makes to head into the gas.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Amon spends a round in total activating her Tree climbing technique (1 chakra) and donning her gas mask


    Amon quickly asks for advice on how to retreat, her voice muffled but no less desperate. "Cybele! How will we position out of here? We're vulnerable like this and she'll know where we are! Can you see the tags well enough for us to maneuvre out of here?"

    Spoiler
    Show
    If Houshi doesn't respond or produce a sign of his survival quickly enough, Amon will start making her move into the mist, using a run action to get as close to Houshi's position as possible
    Was given wrong medicine. Will hopefully improve soon >_<
    Spoiler
    Show
    Soragakure OOC (I II III IV V VI)-IC (I II III)

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Kansas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Leaf and the Sand

    *creak*

    *snap*

    *bang*

    *thud*

    On the ground level, Houshi yells, "Ouch... I'm alright!" With a few quick uses of shundou he ascends back up the trees.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Four of them to be precise because them movement is halved to put back up at 80 ft.
    My first fanfic - Log of the Grinning Shadow Pirates - Chapter Four is now up! Enjoy!

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground
     
    ZeroNumerous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Leaf and the Sand

    DM

    Amon finds Houshi conscious, but very injured, at the bottom of the pit. The gas rises twenty feet above the two sky-nin, and they're no longer inside it but it's now a twenty foot block above them. Cybele leaps back to Camille's location, looks down to see that they're okay, then shouts down to them. "If there's no mist down there, then just travel under it! Head northeast!"

    Cybele picks up Camille, then leaps over to Yousuke. She unceremoniously throws an all-weather cloak at the genin. "Put it on, quickly." If Yousuke doesn't obey immediately, then she repeats her order with urgency. If the genin does obey, then she grabs Yousuke, picks him up with a strength hidden behind her thin frame, then hugs him close to her. The cloak provides a barrier between her skin and the genin's, as it absorbs the sheen of sweat covering her thin frame. "Don't let go."

    Cybele assumes a shunpo stance, then in six seconds Yousuke, Camille, and their jounin teacher have traveled 520 feet north. They've left the mist 200 feet behind them. Cybele drops Yousuke and Camille. "Watch her." Then she's gone once more as she travels 450 feet back to where Amon and Houshi were. The jounin looks at the two genin, then points at their belt pouches. "Cloaks. Clothes. Whatever you've got, you need something that will block skin contact with me." Houshi can see that she's in a Flash Step stance.

    Yousuke

    Camille doesn't move, nor does she say anything. She simply hugs herself and stares at the ground.

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    TraceHyde's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Leaf and the Sand

    Amon senses Houshi making to move as she travels through the mist, feeling downright rejected in her efforts to rescue him. "Stay put!" she advises him as she reaches ground level, "You'll re-expose yourself to the gas otherwise and I don't trust your chances with that neurotoxin!"

    Knowing better than to waste her time to heal his wounds - a number of scorch marks and dislocations that he paid no heed to at the moment - when they could make good their escape, AMon instead surveys the area, waiting as Cybele returns. When at last she does, she nods, grabbing her worn cloak by its fabric and slipping it around so the fabric faces the jounin, her front and neck now covered by it and her face of course obscured by her gas mask still. "Ready," she declares.
    Last edited by TraceHyde; 2012-11-02 at 04:40 PM.
    Was given wrong medicine. Will hopefully improve soon >_<
    Spoiler
    Show
    Soragakure OOC (I II III IV V VI)-IC (I II III)

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Kansas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Leaf and the Sand

    Houshi stops himself before hit the pink smoke and pulls out an extra shirt, "Okay... but how you gonna carry both of us?"
    My first fanfic - Log of the Grinning Shadow Pirates - Chapter Four is now up! Enjoy!

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Leaf and the Sand

    Left alone with Camille, Yousuke throws his own cloak around her shoulders and reaches an arm around to give the girl sideways hug, drawing her into his chest. He knew, in the back of his mind, that bodily contact with her as a bad idea but damn the consequences, the pitiable girl needed support. "Just stay strong," he whispers, "I will not let harm befall you."
    Last edited by Bad Situation; 2012-11-02 at 05:21 PM.

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground
     
    ZeroNumerous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Leaf and the Sand

    DM

    Cybele motions for Amon to climb on her back, and once the genin does so she grabs Houshi around the waist and bodily lifts him over her head. In six seconds the two sky-nin are standing beside Camille and Yousuke. Cybele drops Houshi and Amon beside Yousuke, then releases her stance and suppresses her physical nature once more. She's breathing a bit harder, but is otherwise okay. "So change in plans. What now?"

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    TraceHyde's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Leaf and the Sand

    Amon breathes heavily in her mask as some relief overcomes her, but she quickly reaffirms the knowledge they are not safe yet. Wait, is Cybele asking AMON for advice, no way... "I'm surprised that's all she had planned. For all the preparation she had up, the most effective tactic ended up simply being to 'charge in and rearrange her organs' - the default position for any ground-combat team. Either she isn't taking us seriously or she's up to something... perhaps luring us, or testing us. It would be wrong to take her at her word that that was her only trap, especially when her clone will have likely informed her of our tactics. I'm not quite sure wher eto go form here... She psyched us out last time by letting us think we'd outsmarted her, a classic maneuvre. Now that we know her tactics but she knows our's... I don't even know anymore. It depends on factors we don't know of her - her resources, personal and equipment-wise, and her ability to detect us. She fights eerily similar to how I would engage us, really... From her perspective, if we stay out here and assume she has another trap set, even the threat of that trap would be enough for us to stay out in the wilderness long enough for her to really set another one. But we are getting very desperate, and with our prize of sanctity in the village closer now than it was when we started, a clever glitch in our psychology would make us think we'd be losing something by turning back, something she may predict..."

    Amon looks to Yousuke, smiling invisibly behind her mask as she sees him hugging Camille. She was safe at least. "Careful, Konpaku-san..." she reminds him softly. "Yousuke, do you have any analysis?"

    Still mulling it over in her head, she quickly suggests to Cybele "I think we should head to Konoha still, the only matter remaining is how directly we should head. Some swerving maneuvres away from our most probable path would do nicely at escaping preset traps unless she can predict our every slightest movement; the only problem with that is it technically gives her more openings to intercept. How fast could you take Camille there with that technique?"
    Was given wrong medicine. Will hopefully improve soon >_<
    Spoiler
    Show
    Soragakure OOC (I II III IV V VI)-IC (I II III)

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground
     
    ZeroNumerous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007

    Post Re: Team Cybele: The Leaf and the Sand

    DM

    Cybele looks at the sun poking through the canopy above. She mentally makes a map of their location, then turns back to Amon. "A minute and a half, give or take fifteen seconds. But it's too risky. If Setsuna shows up in the flesh then I'm the only one who can fight her evenly."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Cybele takes 10 on Survival to figure out her location based on the sun. She gets a 25 and succeeds. She takes 10 on Navigate to figure out where she is in relation to Konohagakure. She gets a 20 and succeeds.
    Last edited by ZeroNumerous; 2012-11-02 at 06:07 PM.

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Leaf and the Sand

    Yousuke stands and brushes himself off before saluting to Cybele. He listens to Amon's opinion but shakes his head at several parts, "A shinobi is not above lying to his enemies. For all we know, Setsuna lay multiple traps in all directions of advance and chose to disarm the team morale by claiming that she had predicted our course of action. No matter her intelligence, predicting an enemy's approach with only one contingency is a fool's game. There is no reason to believe that she does not have the resources to employ several traps rather than only one. It is my belief that she is using psychological ploys and is presenting 'evidence' of her superiority to dishearten us."

    "She is expanding her web of traps and using her clones to box us into her designs pinpoint our location. With that in mind, I agree that we move to Konoha. We are close and if my theory is indeed true, then continuing with the mission would be playing into her trap and allow her additional opportunities herd us toward her ends."

    "Sensei, can you get into contact with Scarlet or one of her servants? They should know that we are being delayed and may wish to know that a rogue Euryale is attempting to steal away someone that they have offered refuge."

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground
     
    ZeroNumerous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Leaf and the Sand

    DM

    Cybele shakes her head. "I do not know the summoning technique, so I am unable to communicate with them. In Soragakure, Kaede-sama contacted Scarlet."

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    TraceHyde's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Leaf and the Sand

    "I know..." Amon budges at Cybele's analysis of the situation and objection to the idea of taking Camille there quickly. "If we were to do that, now is our only chance, before she can hone on us, though if she has shunpo, she'll arrive here before you get to konoha. But then, she'll also overtake us on the road. I'm sorry, Cybele, you want to protect Camille, but since you have to watch over us too, we're endangering you a lot..."

    Amon gives another unseen smile as Yousuke's analysis seems to basically match her own, with a few expanded details. "though if she and her clones are in a variety of positions and she possesses the speed to get here before Cybele can get to Konoha and back, then she'll just overtake us on the road anyway. That, and she only really wants Camille. She only engages us to take us out of the equation... I think."

    Amon turns towards Konoha. "Hmm... Cybele, why don't you use your own earth clone to carry Camille to Konoha then - or to at least keep an eye on us while you go personally? I can't ensure we get Camille to safety otherwise... not while we're weighing down your movements. If we can't keep up in a fight anyway..."
    Last edited by TraceHyde; 2012-11-02 at 06:40 PM.
    Was given wrong medicine. Will hopefully improve soon >_<
    Spoiler
    Show
    Soragakure OOC (I II III IV V VI)-IC (I II III)

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground
     
    ZeroNumerous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Leaf and the Sand

    DM

    Cybele shakes her head again at Amon's suggestion of using her own Stone Clone. "It doesn't move as quickly as I do, as it's unable to use the Flash Step technique. And if I left it here, then there would be the risk that it could be destroyed and you would be left in danger."

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    TraceHyde's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Leaf and the Sand

    "It can't flash step? Damn..." Who would have thought Cybele would care so much for our safety? She clearly doesn't like us or anything, I don't get it. Well, technically it's just me she hates I imagine - I give everyone a reason to hate me, it seems, so I... GAH! FOCUS, DAMMIT! Amon shakes her head quickly, realising that in surrendering to some sense of futility in her thoughts, her thinking was already turning to currently irrelevant things.

    "Nothing else for it... we'll have to go to Konoha as one. Cybele, you're a master of evading detection, I'm sure you'll know how to best lead the way. We'll leave right now unless anyone has a better idea, Yousuke?" She digs out her wild card. "Cybele, do you think your curse would affect me if I used a technique through this?"
    Was given wrong medicine. Will hopefully improve soon >_<
    Spoiler
    Show
    Soragakure OOC (I II III IV V VI)-IC (I II III)

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground
     
    ZeroNumerous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Leaf and the Sand

    DM

    The sky jounin shakes her head once more. "No, because my chakra doesn't enter the device. I simply give it the knowledge of a technique, and it performs the technique for you. Only your chakra is involved in its use."

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    TraceHyde's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Leaf and the Sand

    "In that case, if you have any aid to give, now's the time to give it. Got anything for me to borrow that might be useful in any future scenario?"

    She nods to Houshi and Yousuke to get going as she makes towards Konoha slowly, waiting for everyone else to start moving

    "Lead on Cybele. I would recommend irregularly changing direction to throw off her preparations, but you're the boss."
    Last edited by TraceHyde; 2012-11-02 at 08:33 PM.
    Was given wrong medicine. Will hopefully improve soon >_<
    Spoiler
    Show
    Soragakure OOC (I II III IV V VI)-IC (I II III)

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Orc in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Kansas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Leaf and the Sand

    Houshi raises his hand in protest, his arm being little stiff after the fall, "Whoa, hold on there. Say it is true and she set up three different traps in three different directions. We ran into that trap about an hour after being found right? How long would say it would take to set up a trap of magnitude? Then, two more in two different locations reasonably distance from each other. Cybele-sensei, is possible for those clones to do such things?"
    Last edited by zeone3000; 2012-11-03 at 08:56 AM.
    My first fanfic - Log of the Grinning Shadow Pirates - Chapter Four is now up! Enjoy!

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground
     
    ZeroNumerous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Leaf and the Sand

    DM

    Cybele nods. "A Stone Replication could set explosive tags and things, but it would have to be given those tags in order to do so. But... A ninja can only have one Stone Replication at a time. Unless she's created some kind of variation of the Stone Replication technique."

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Orc in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Kansas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Leaf and the Sand

    "So, she either got lucky and picked the right way. Two, predicted our movements and only set one trap. Three, somehow trapped all three paths. Hmmm, I think she may have an accomplice if she trapped all three." He looked down the suggested path to Konoha, "How long will it take get there at our current speed?"
    My first fanfic - Log of the Grinning Shadow Pirates - Chapter Four is now up! Enjoy!

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground
     
    ZeroNumerous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Leaf and the Sand

    DM

    Cybele does some quick mental calculations. "Fifty minutes, give or take five."

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Leaf and the Sand

    "Would it be reasonable to assume that somebody in Konoha would be able to contact Scarlet?"
    Last edited by Bad Situation; 2012-11-03 at 09:17 AM.

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground
     
    ZeroNumerous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Leaf and the Sand

    DM

    Cybele gets a bit sarcastic at that. "It is reasonable that, in a major city full of ninja, one of them would know the summoning technique."

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    TraceHyde's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Leaf and the Sand

    Amon quicks an unseen eyebrow at Cybele's sarcasm. She grabs at her mask's bindings. "Cybele, do you want this mask? I don't have a technique for curing neurotoxin so I'm useless if only I make it out of an attack like that anyway."

    Amon looks to the trees, analysing the strategy of traps. "For her to set up so many traps at the exact height and place we'd be is insane. We're clearly too predictable." Doing a quick calculation in her head, Amon advises "I think we'll be able to better evade if we change our height and path by perhaps 10m and arbitrarily 100m respectively every 5 minutes overall. It may add another 10 minutes to the journey though in case she attacks us more directly. Cybele, by any chance do you already have a clone of yours following us like usual? The extra surveillance might do us good. Anyway, like I said I'm ready to head out at the drop of a hat - time is of the essence, after all and I trust your sense of tactics to lead us out of here. If there are no alternate paths into Konoha, I suppose we'll make her own, and failing that, go straight there"
    Last edited by TraceHyde; 2012-11-03 at 09:45 AM.
    Was given wrong medicine. Will hopefully improve soon >_<
    Spoiler
    Show
    Soragakure OOC (I II III IV V VI)-IC (I II III)

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground
     
    ZeroNumerous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Leaf and the Sand

    DM

    Cybele shakes her head when offered the mask. "I couldn't wake any of you up, and couldn't move more than two of you at a time. There's no point in me having the mask either. And no, it costs too much chakra to maintain a stone clone for longer than a few minutes. If we have to go out of our way by one hundred meters every five minutes, then it'll add a lot longer than ten minutes to the journey."

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    TraceHyde's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Leaf and the Sand

    "100m was arbitrary," Amon comments, shaking a little awkwardly. "I meant since... if she attacks us with the gas again then only the one wearing the mask will still be standing to fight her off. I'd rather that be you than me. If we did all get paralysed, if that really did come up... transport me last, okay? There are other medics in Konoha after all" The muting of her mask and its hiding of her face makes her expression hard to tell, though her fear of being a burden is clear. "Let's get in the trees, I'd say 50 feet up, okay? Height should be easy enough to vary."
    Was given wrong medicine. Will hopefully improve soon >_<
    Spoiler
    Show
    Soragakure OOC (I II III IV V VI)-IC (I II III)

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Orc in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Kansas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Leaf and the Sand

    Houshi sighs at Amon insecurities, "If continue to think like that, you'll never stop being what you fear. Now, because of how close it is, Konoha is our best bet. Time to test if she really did predict our route. If so, we should except another trap. If not, she's just full of it."
    My first fanfic - Log of the Grinning Shadow Pirates - Chapter Four is now up! Enjoy!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •