New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Team Cybele: The Leaf and the Sand

Camille

The younger girl shakes her head. "You and I both know why I can't stay." With that said, she just shrugs when questioned about Yousuke. "He was right behind me, but then he disappeared."

2. - Top - End - #152
    Troll in the Playground

Yousuke appears as suddenly as he disappeared, standing behind Camille and raises his hand for the group to see. "I apologize. I had some...business in the marketplace that I had to take care of. As you can see I am quite ready for our departure."

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ettin in the Playground

Amon blinks as Camille declares she should know why, before the realisation hits her. "Oh, you figured out that the Euryale..." she falls silent until their final team mate approaches.

Amon nods to Yousuke as he approaches. She catches his meaning rather quickly for once - a present for her, is it? I wonder if I have time to pick up something too? ..Nah, I might overshadow Yousuke then. Maybe I can make her something for Camille on our way over. I'll just snatch some supplies on my way out of town.

Patting Camille's head, she smiles. "Let's get you home then. Lead the way, Camille-chan."

---
    After departure (of course)
    ---

As they navigate, Amon can be seen occassionally tinkering with something as they go, having picked up a few gears on her way out of town. She was coordinated enough to craft while walking, but doesn't let Camille see. In face a lot of the time, she doesn't even look at what she's doing, trusting her sense of having made thousands of similar items to guide her hands. Eventually she needs an engraving. "Hey, Camille, how do you spell your surname? Why? Uh, no reason, just I keep a diary is all, yeah..."

Spoiler
    Show
    I take 10 on navigate to hit 15

As they travel, Amon whispers briefly to Yousuke when she's quite sure Camille can't hear, "I hope you made it count." In obvious refence to two things; his last words and his gifts to Camille. Assuming in the case of the latter, he hadn't granted her his gift(s) before departing town
    Last edited by Princess Tracy; 2012-11-10 at 11:03 AM.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ettin in the Playground

Amon gives a little hop to pat Houshi's head as they go to gain his attention. "Hey, Houshi, about yesterday...I feel I owe you a hug back, but it'll have to wait until my hands are free," she says, indicating to a small bundle of cloth in her hands that she was obscuring her tinkering with. She gives Houshi a bit of a smile. "It is nice to be appreciated, isn't it, Noble Swordsman?"

5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground

DM

The genin and their charge head out to the Mansion. The trek is short, as it only takes a few hours via walking to arrive at a wide river. During the trip the sky slowly darkens as rainclouds gather together. Camille stops the group, then points to the north. The group skirts the river until they come to a small canyon created by the river's flow. Dense trees grow between the canyon's walls, and the group enters the forest quickly. The river eventually brings them to the Mansion itself. The tall structure juts out of the riverbank majestically. The canyon wall behind it protects it from any attacks from the rear, and the river's bend covers any attempt to approach from the front. Camille points out a small dock built onto their side of the river, and then points to the mansion. The group would need to travel across the river with the boat, or use their chakra to walk across, and expode themselves to anyone watching from the Mansion. Unless stopped, Camille opts to take the boat as she lacks the capacity to walk on water on her own.

The boat trip is short, almost as if the river's currents are dragging the boat toward the mansion rather than downriver. When the boat docks, which it does without any assistance from the genin or Camille, the group's greeted by a familiar looking woman in a green qipao.

"Greetings travelers." Suzunabu stands at the top of a series of white stairs that lead down to the dock. "To say it's a surprise to see you here would not do this visit justice. I trust you did not have trouble." Before Suzunabu can make anymore small talk a feminine voice shouts from behind her.

"Meiling! Are they my guests? If not, just throw them in the river." Meiling shouts an affirmative, then motions for the genin to come up the stairs. If the genin go up, then they're greeted by an older woman leaning against a short stone wall. She's wearing a purple shawl and hood held in place by a necklace of gold and jewels. The shawl seamlessly flows into a tight fitting purple dress that shows off the woman's curves. Strangely, the dress is missing a large amount of fabric, and it grants the genin a view of her cleavage. She's covered in golden jewelry. A pair of thick golden bands wrap around her biceps, her thin wrists are adorned with many golden bracelets and loops, and she wears two golden rings on each hand. The rings on her middle fingers are set with rubies, while the rings on her ring fingers are set with sapphires. She has her head resting in her hands, and her elbows resting atop a small wall that blocks any view of her below the waist. The genin can see that each of her fingernails are painted gold.

Spot DC 21
    Spoiler
    Show
    The thin green tail of what seems to be a large snake curls around the edge of the short wall. Its upper body is hidden behind the wall, and it seems to be crawling toward the lady's feet. The color and pattern on its back is reminiscent of a very poisonous snake.

The woman's lizard like eyes flicker from genin to genin, before finally settling on Camille. Suzunabu bows down in front of the woman, then motions toward the genin. "These are the sky-nin under the tutelage of Euryale Cybele. They have brought your estimated guest." The woman smiles mischievously, and Suzunabu goes on to introduce her. "Guests, this is Lady Scarlet Satoko. Scarlet-dono, this is Euryale Camille, Konpaku Yousuke, Amon, and Houshi. I am afraid I never learned the full names of either of the other children."

The woman's smile doesn't subside as she extends her right hand toward the genin. Her palm is turned down and her fingers point downard. It's obvious she'd rather have her hand kissed than shaken. "Charmed, I'm sure."
    Last edited by ZeroNumerous; 2012-11-11 at 03:49 AM.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Troll in the Playground

When Yousuke sees Suzunabu he smiles and bows. "It is a pleasure to see you again, Suz-" The swordsman is cut off by a voice from above and instead turns his direction toward the source. "Her guests...that voice must be the lady of the house..." Taking in a deep breath, the genin prepares himself to climb the stairs and meet the woman they would be entrusting Camille to.

Noticing the snake on the wall, Yousuke quirks and eyebrow. "A snake...would it be considered a good or bad omen, given the nature of Camille's ailments..." Shrugging his shoulders imperceptibly, he maneuvers himself to Camille's side and climbs the steps in time with her footsteps, eager to meet their host.

At the top of the stairs, the white haired shinobi regards the woman with curiosity in his eyes but when he notice Suzunabu bowing he bends down and does the same. "It is an honor and pleasure to meet you at last, milady." Remembering his manners in time and takes the hand gratefully, kissing it as he was taught by Youki. Drawing his lips back, Yousuke takes a kneel a few steps away from her and keeps his arms distant from his weapons as a sign of respect. "I am Konpaku Yousuke, son of Konpaku Youmu, daughter of Konpaku Youki. In the name of my clan's honor do I kneel before you now."
    Last edited by Bad Situation; 2012-11-11 at 03:56 AM.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ettin in the Playground

Amon pockets her tinkering product as they approach the river, getting ready to row. "Well, I'm the ONLY one here that thought to learn how to walk on water - there's your project before our next mission, Yousuke - and we won't get far if I have to carry Houshi. Come on."

---

Upon seeing Suzunabu again, Amon jauntily tilts her headband in greeting. "Hey, if it isn't my favourite dragon! What up, Suzunabu, how's the kid?" Laughing a little nervously, she adds, "Hey, no hard feelings over when I used my technique to make you -?" She gets halfway through apologising before the apparent lady of the house interjects.

Eyeing Satoko, Amon smiles. Well, she doesn't seem like a worse person to leave her with than Setsuna, so, you know, that's a point in her favour. She doesn't blush at the sight of her, despite her being attractive. With a woman like this, the team could do without her fumbling and laughable attempts at courting. No matter how nice older women are...

When called upon for a 'formal' greeting, Amon is annoyed to already see Yousuke take the hand. A little grossed out, she remembers to pick a finger he didn't kiss as she kneels, doing the same (ew, I don't want Yousuke-spit, eeewwww). "Ah, charmed indeed to meet the illustrious Scarlet-sama," she declares in her rarely heard formal voice she'd always honed by her parents side as she lavishly pecks the sapphire of the ring finger. "By birth of Hiruku and Ayaka of Yamana, I am Yamana Amon. But by merit of my own efforts, I am Shokunin Amon, Genin and mechanic of Soragakure. Call me what you will, milady." She smiles, deepening her bow by Yousuke's side.

"You keep quite the nice home; a simply understood regal charm to any peasant observer, but to a ninja's eyes there is no mistaking its placement as accidental in its safety. Forgive me for that focus, for safety has seemed an unaffordable luxury throughout our trip."
    Last edited by Princess Tracy; 2012-11-11 at 06:04 AM.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

Camille

The young girl bows deeply as well, but does not kiss the lady's hand. "My name is Euryale Camille, Scarlet-dono. It is an honor to finally meet you after our correspondence." She shakes a little as she rises, and does not meet Satoko's eyes.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Bugbear in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Houshi waves at Suzunabu as she makes her appearance at the top of the stairs before he mentally frowns when the lady presents her hand, Ugh, I hate royal etiquette. He ascends the stairs behind his teammates and kneels next to the them, "Takanashi Houshi, thank you for granting our charge asylum in your court." Frankly, Houshi didn't like nobles that much.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Titan in the Playground

DM

"Oh?" Scarlet seems interested in Amon's statement concerning the defensibility of her home. "Well, while the canyon is quite easily defended, it's also quite troublesome to escape from. I like to keep unwanted guests out, and invited guests in after all."

Scarlet's smile dims a little as she settles her shoulders. Her bosom becomes less prominent, as she crosses her arms over it, then sighs. "They're easily cowed, aren't they Meiling?" Suzunabu shakes her head, and it only causes the noblewoman to laugh.

Satoko turns her gaze on Yousuke first. "Proud, aren't you lad? But I can see you aren't all you pretend to be. Delicious, absolutely delicious." She practically beams with joy at Yousuke, then her smile dies as she turns to Amon. "A mortal, but a strong one. Or, maybe... Hm. Interesting." She gives the girl a thin but wide smile, and shrugs it off. "Well, do as you will."

With that said, she turns to Houshi. "Bold not to kiss my ring, but still mortal. You smell like blood young man." She gives him a curt nod and soft smile, then addresses all the genin.

"You have free reign to do as you wish within the Mansion. I'm sure you're all quite hungry. Suzunabu, show our guests to their quarters, then be so kind as to prepare their meals." The woman's upper body rises up, and while she seemed tall before the genin finally get a gauge of how truly large she was. She towers over Houshi, and the small wall covering her body is dwarfed by her size. The purple dress she's wearing terminates at her hips and just four small flaps cover her lower body. Well, they would if she had a normal lower body.

Her waist flows straight into the muscular upper body of a snake. Green-and-yellow scales flow from her hips into a long sinuous snake tail. The powerful mono-limb flexes and squeezes as she "sits" up and draws herself to her full height. She stands nearly eight feet tall, and smiles down at the young sky-nin. She no longer shows the playful, mischievous side of Scarlet Satoko. Now she's the Dragon Sage. The lady to whom the greatest of summons bow and scrape. "Remember. So long as you are guests of the Dragon Sage, there will be no one within these walls whom would dare lay a hand upon you."
    Last edited by ZeroNumerous; 2012-11-11 at 02:23 PM.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ettin in the Playground

Amon raises an eyebrow,not sure how to take the sudden attention as Satoko looks over each of the genin. "Strong... mortal?" Amon repeats, not one of the words she says before turning to Houshi sitting well with her. Or at least, that's how her remembering of her reactions goes as Scarlet unfurls to show her true form, some naga-dragon-thing she doesn't even know - a certain bizarreness and the slime-dry scales creeping her out, her vastness certainly making her take a step back. Her words of 'keeping guests in' and 'cowing' take on a rather oddly sinister meaning, but she keeps a yelp down, forcing the hand she'd instinctively thrown up to her chest in defence, back down to her side before Satoko notices her posture.

"Ah~?" Amon yelps a little when she tries to speak, trying not to stare at the swishing tail. Clearing her throat, she regains her nerves as best she can, at least trying to keep up her formal attitude. "Ah, ahem, well. We wouldn't want to be a bother," Amon says, seeming to accept the offer for food anyway as she prepares to step forward.. just as soon as Houshi or Yousuke do. She tries to keep her legs stable and succeeds for the most part in not showing her discomfort by shaky knees, but of course that damn leg gives an audible clunk or two before she calms down.

Remembering that Suzunabu was instructed to prepare quarters, Amon makes her excuses ahead of time. "I don't know that quarters will be entirely necessary, as we are quite busy," she informs Satoko, smiling pleasantly as a single bead of sweat forms at the side of her head. "Our own masters might brutalise us while there's more work to be done, after all," she offers as a reason, remembering what she knew of Satoko's (dragon's) work ethic. "Of course, i can hardly refuse hospitality when it is offered by a lady. Might you have any tea?" Amon finally proposes, quickly backtracking as she realises how careless she's being with her words - STUPID, you're going to get us all eaten, think before you speak, get an idea of her mindset THEN refuse to stay the night, what's wrong with you!?

Clearing her throat one last time, Amon bows as she finally regains her composure. "Ah, forgive me please. One would think I would be used to the sight of Sages after the first, but the surprise put me off balance, ah-hah," she says, her giggle returning to a more usual, playful one. When Satoko declares no one will touch them, Amon crushes the last of her hesitation as she forces one foot in front of the other towars the mansion. "Not even a friendly hand, milady?" she jokes.

Amon bows her head to Suzunabu again as she passes

12. - Top - End - #162
    Titan in the Playground

Camille

The purple-haired Euryale freezes when Satoko rises up to her full stature. She had been feeling an oppressive nature exuding outward from the woman, and the revelation that she was part dragon only enhanced that pressure. Camille visibly shudders, but locks her thoughts away in order to preserve her sanity. The snake-woman seems to take no notice, and simply ignores Camille.

Scarlet

The dragon-lady leans in closer to Amon. Her snake "legs" bend to accommodate, and soon she's on the same eye level as the young girl. Satoko's alien-like pupils contract as she stares Amon in the eye. Scarlet smiles, then brushes the young girl's cheek with the back of her hand. "Don't worry young mortal", the snake lady says with a smile that shows her fangs, "I'm not the type to eat you. It would be terribly rude of me to eat guests, after all." The snake-woman laughs at her own joke, but doesn't seem to be terribly aggressive. She's simply naturally scary.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ettin in the Playground

Amon shivers as Satoko touches her, blushing a little even in spite of herself. 'That's how you know you've been single too long - when the big scary snake monster touching your face gets you excited, you dumb pervert Amon', she disciplines herself - anything to distract herself from showing too much fear. At Satoko's reassurance, Amon quivers again purely at her specificity. Is she bringing up eating me because the thought crossed her mind or... can she read minds? Oh god. Do't think about sex, don't think about sex - no, better, don't think about not thinking about sex (but still make sure not to think about sex). AH, is there no privacy even for my thoughts, it feels like I'm naked - wait what are you talking about, people can't READ MINDS, I've been reading way too many comics. If such a technique existed I'd make it my business to know it by now.

Amon chuckles breathlessly at Satoko's joke. "Y-yeah, I guess that would be against some manners somewhere, right? Ha." Pursing her lips, she gathers herself again, Satoko's persuasion finding the oddest ways to keep her off balance even when she was trying to be nice - and Amon wasn't even sure why. Maybe it was the scaly lower half, the memory of snake crawling through her body - anyone would be creeped out by that, she supposes. "Although your referring to me as 'mortal' doesn't do well to keep my demise out of my mind," Amon adds, trying to contribute to what she interpreted as Satoko's still high-spirits mood. "Perhaps 'human' or 'Amon' would be a better fit, milady?" She does seem to have gathered up some of her nerve again, enough to appear strong... except maybe to Satoko if she really could read minds, of course.

14. - Top - End - #164

SamuraiGuy

Houshi's hands tremble at the women's appearance, slightly confused by her words, Of course I smell like of blood, I'm full of it. Then, if she meant in the warrior fashion, Yousuke should too. He waved it off as the eccentricities of a noble. He looked to Yousuke to garner his thoughts on staying.
    Last edited by zeone3000; 2012-11-11 at 07:41 PM.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Troll in the Playground

Ignoring Amon's chattering, Yousuke steps toward Satoko and bows low. "I apologize for my impertinence but I would like to request that you extend your hospitality to my team for an additional three days. For my own selfish peace of mind, I wish to see Camille settled into her new environment before I leave here. I do not have the wealth required to pay you for such a kindness but I will gladly pay back my expenses with my body!"

Blushing deeply at the implication of his words he clarifies, "Th-that is to say, I will pay you back with my labors."Realizing the potential insult in his words he is quick to add, "I mean no disrespect to you though! You are beautiful indeed and if I could appreciate a mature woman such as yourself I would!"

The swordsman hangs his head in shame, "I will speak no further..."

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

16. - Top - End - #166
    Titan in the Playground

DM

Suzunabu quietly leaves in order to get things ready for the genin.

Satoko leans away from Amon in order to allow Yousuke to speak. The young man's stumbling words, unfortunate implications, and general ineptitude draws out a hearty laugh from the older woman. She chuckles for quite sometime afterward, then turns on her tail in order to start slithering toward the mansion. It's only when she's stretched out during movement that you get the real scope of how truly large she is. Houshi could lay down beside her, and it would take three of him in order to measure her length from tail to head. The tip of her extremely long tail curls upward and wiggles to and fro as she "walks" toward the mansion. "I like you boy, so I'll allow you to stay. But so long as you are my guest you may not call me "Lady" or "Mistress". You must use my name, or call me "Ma'am"."

Regardless of the genin's answer, the noble snake-woman guides them to the Mansion's gates. They're a set of massive steel bars fashioned into twelve foot tall gates. Satoko pushes them open as if they were as light as feathers. She guides the genin to the mansion, past its large wooden doors, and into its posh interior. The walls are tastefully decorated in soft pink, its hard-wood floors are covered by tasteful pink rugs, and several small tables with small flower arrangements lay spaced out every fifteen feet. Satoko points to the west wing, then to the east wing. "There's the library down that way. The bedrooms are that way. There's a kitchen on both sides of the mansion, as well as lavatories. You're free to do as you will as long as you wish to stay."

The snake-lady waits for any questions, and unless some are proffered then she heads to the east.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ettin in the Playground

Before Camlle can dwell on Yousuke's words to Satoko, Amon spins around, aiming a sharp, quick kick to his leg to signal him to shut up before he digs himself in deeper, her facepalming a signal of her conquered fears in the name of 'Yousuke is dumb'. She's a little surprised to hear Satoko accept, almost as surprised as she is that Yousuke would want to stay. "Did you really just need something to do until your sword is ready?" she asks him harshly - not really so annoyed by the prospect as she was by Yousuke's repeated offences with word choice in front of Camille. Looking to Camille, she does soften up a smidgen. She didn't seem angry or sad again, and she could detect clearly that fear of Satoko. Stlll wearing his loves, Amon gives Camille a fond pat on the head as she follows Satoko inside. "You don't need to impress us, Camille, even a true ninja gets scared, right?" she asks pleasantly

Inside, Amon eyes the place oddly. "So, ah, how about that tea?" she proposes politely. "Where will Camille be staying then?" she asks half of Camille and half of Satoko.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Troll in the Playground

Yousuke easily avoids the kick, gracefully turning the dodge into a self-serving bow. "I am humbled by your kindness, mil-ma'am." When Satoko finally turns away, the polite smile on his face disappears and turns into an annoyed frown when Amon brings her attention toward him. "Worry not, Yamana-san. I am not nearly as petty as you." Satisfied with his parting shot, Yousuke chases after the Satoko.

---
    When he finally tracks Satoko down, Yousuke follows her from behind for some distance until he is sure nobody from his team is following or listening. "E-earlier. When you said that I was hiding something...did you know that...I have youkai blood in my veins? A youkai hunter by the name of Reimu informed me of my lineage and the thought has been with me for some time now..."

Looking directly into her eyes in spite of his fear, he asks, "I would not presume too much of you but is my condition...similar to your own?"

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ettin in the Playground

Unwilling to let up, Amon follows closely by Yousuke's side even as he initially tries to slip away. "Imagine a moment if the lord of this house were a man and I, in exchange for room and board, offered 'my body'. I don't think I would be given the benefit of the doubt that was anything but the offer of a mistress - do you?" Nodding sagely, she adds finally "But then if the springtime of your youth is so overpowering that 'serving' the first lady you meet is too tempting to refuse, I can hardly stop you." Before Yousuke can retort, Amon blows a raspberry, then mimics his movement - quickly stepping away from him, getting the last word in unless Yousuke spoke up

---

Spoiler
    Show
    ((I'm considering leaving this dialogue until we get lunch with Satoko. if that isn't happening, Amon will ask her this when she finally leaves the group to their own devices))

"So I understand Yusa of the Black Sand was here then?" Amon asks of Satoko. Yusa's escape had been bothering her for a while - she hadn't heard ANYTHING about her since she escaped. And there was war brewing between the Sand and the Leaf; Yusa of the Sand would be in quite the position among the confusion to accomplish whatever goal against she had. Even though she's clearly really tough, it was still at least a little bit their fault for letting her escape - Amon wonders if this war would have sprung up if they'd been strong enough to apprehend her. "Or perhaps the winning and ownership of your Contracts is a more private affair I should not stick my nose into, forgive me"
    Last edited by Princess Tracy; 2012-11-12 at 06:49 AM.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Troll in the Playground

Yousuke rolls his eyes and let's Amon blather on pointlessly as he ignores her very presence. Thank you for proving my point, he says aloud and without looking at his teammate as she tries to slink away. After this is said he goes back to ignoring Amon.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground

Camille

The girl just smiles at Amon, a little shakily. She hastily avoids being touched out of reflex. "Do not worry, Yamana-san. There is nothing between Konpaku-san and I any longer. You do not need to protect me." She beams at Amon, even if her hands are still shaking from Satoko's reveal. "B-Besides. I'm more afraid of my new landlady."

Satoko

When Amon whispers, the large dragon-lady just turns around and smiles at the girl. "You would be right! It would be rather amusing to mistake the young man for anything more than a fool, but if one takes a fool seriously, then who is the true fool?" She chuckles, then turns to Yousuke. "Moreover, it is rude of a gentleman to call a lady petty, whether it is true or not. You should be more of a gentleman. You have read the Konpaku serials, have you not? Would Youki say such a thing to a lady, even if she had her weapon drawn and to his throat?" Satoko teases Yousuke seemingly without knowledge of his nature.

If Yousuke follows, and if he speaks to Satoko, then she responds casually. "If that miko said so, then it must be true. I have no doubts that you realize she is not one for practical jokes or games. As far as hiding something... No. I was referring to your words." Satoko points a thin finger to the young man's forehead. "You're not honest. You were putting on an act for me back there, and I was letting you know that I know."

With that said, Satoko continues on to the east wing. It's literally impossible for Yousuke to walk alongside her due to the sheer size of her lower body, but she talks to him anyway. "Besides that... Yes, I am a youkai. As are my daughters now. Surely someone related to Youki would know the story: My husband became a dragon, and as part of his bargain with the dragon pact our souls were traded away. I became what you see before you: A partial dragon. My daughters became... something worse."

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroNumerous View Post
    "There is nothing between Konpaku-san and I any longer."
    Amon frowns obviously
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroNumerous View Post
    "B-Besides. I'm more afraid of my new landlady."
    Giving a chuckle, Amon attempts to pat Camille again, this time aiming for her shoulder. "What did you think I was talking about?" she asks playfully. "Hey, she said she wouldn't eat you at least. Or rather 'guests' - but you'll be a resident I guess." She puts on that old evil grin she hadn't worn since her second mission. "I suppose YOU'RE the one that should be watching your back then. You never know when she'll... GET YOU!" she goes quiet and slow towards the end before springing forth as if to attack Camille before shouting the last two words. Giving a bit of a laugh, she pats Camille again. I'm wearing gloves and I'm much more powerful than you, it's alright. There is a slight apology in her tone as her laugh quickly calms down.

---

Amon laughs with Satoko as she hails Yousuke as a fool. At the mention of Youki's serial though, Amon looks on wonderously. "You read those too, Lady Satoko?! Yousuke-kun's always like this, Camille is the rare exception of a girl he actually tries to treat like a gentleman - would you believe he's really Konpaku Youki's grandson?" Thinking a moment, an evil thought occurs to her again. "If he shall be in your service for the moment, perhaps you can get him to follow a code of manners? Or a uniform at the least," she giggles, wanting to mess with Yousuke for his constant messing her about. That and Yousuke going around as some butler straining out the words 'at your service Yamana-sama' earned her an odd sort of villainous glee.

Spoiler
    Show
    If Yousuke pisses Amon off, she's got a decent (and evil) prank to play

As Yousuke budges in for Satoko to speak privately, Amon takes it as an opportunity to speak to Camille. Taking out a box containing the result of her latest tinkering she hands it lightly to Camille. before the little black felt-lined box can be inspected though, Amon quickly takes it back, looking worried. "Ah, never mind, it's still broken..." she says, embarrassed. Shoving it into a pocket of her dress, Amon quickly starts talking before Camille can dwell on the (by Amon's standards) half-finished watch. "You ever think about how many things that happened to you were pure luck, good or bad?" Amon comments oddly before rolling with it. "Well that applies to the vast majority of people I guess. If I'd been a few miles to the west, maybe I'd still have my leg, y'know? I was just thinking though, about how your whole affair started by that twist of fate that we just happened to find you just after your transformation - of all the ninja teams in all the villages, the one in the area with Cybele should find you. Not just that, but YOUSUKE found you an acted all heroic for once."

Smiling at some odd sense of nostalgia of young love, she continues. "I suppose I am just jealous of Yousuke in a way - that surly rude little boy found a nice young girl that brought out the best in him - a girl that cares for him, no less, and don't pretend you don't," she adds, fixing her with an authoritative gaze before smiling again
    Last edited by Princess Tracy; 2012-11-12 at 02:19 PM.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Titan in the Playground

Camille

Again, the sky-nin avoids being touched. Whether Amon was wearing gloves or not, she had been trained to avoid direct contact with others, and that training made her react almost like a compulsion. She gives a blank face to Amon's attempt to scare her. After all, there were worse monsters around than simple jump scares from a teenage girl. Nonetheless, she just shrugs when Amon talks about luck. "Not really. Have I cursed the fact that I've becoming what I am? Yes. But I can't change it. I am who I am now, and nothing will change that. Cybele-sama would always tell me that she regrets that I was afflicted with her problems."

Camille absentmindedly reminds Amon that she's not crippled, injured, or hurt. She's dying. There's no fake limb capable of fixing her, no salve for the mental pressure of dealing with the end of her life, and the only possible path to her recovery--to the recovery of the entire Euryale clan in fact--closed when Setsuna was murdered by Amon's teacher. When Amon talks about her feelings for Yousuke, Camille just casually shakes her head. "There's nothing between Konpaku-san and I any longer, nor can there ever be again. Furthermore, there can be nothing between you and I. Not if you value your life." Camille's voice grows cold at that last statement. "Satoko-sama said she can stop the growth of... the thing in me by being nearby. I feel it subsiding even now, and it doesn't hurt nearly as much as it used to." Camille sighs.

"I'll die if I stay with the Euryale. I'll kill Yousuke if I stay in Soragakure. But if I stay here, then I'll get to live a little longer and everyone is happy. The right choice is obvious."

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ettin in the Playground

Amon looks at Camille with a smile that didn't give out, even though her eyes turned quite dark. She knew Camille was dying; she was a lot worse off than her. But that's no reason to act like it, right? To treat her like she was dying seemed too cruel. It wasn't that big a deal in the ninja world, Amon feebly reasons; me and Yousuke and Houshi probably won't live to see our twenties, let's face it, Camille might outlive us. Even as she thinks that, she knows there's a fallacy there. Reflecting briefly as Camille stops for breath, Amon realises that not one conversation she'd had with Camille after that time in the diner had failed to make her feel like ****. Some hideous nihilistic part of herself almost wanted to grab Yousuke and just landhop back to Soragakure just so she wouldn't have to deal with that dread. God I'm a coward. Maybe Cybele failed to kill Setsuna after all. Of course, that would mean Cybele is currently tied up being experimented on... we really should have called Kaede, i can't believe we rushed out of town so fast

At the last statement of Satoko's power though, Amon does give a bit of a budge. "That's why you wanted to come here... Why didn't you say anything? I thought you just wanted to get away from it all..."

At Camille's last round up, Amon looks rather guilty. "I never wanted you to be a ninja, Camille; that was the worst thing about leaving you with Cybele is I knew she'd bring you into the fold. When she had taught you how to deal with your curse a little I was going to try and arrange for you to have a civilian life. The only reason I didn't want you to go with Scarlet in the first place is that I wanted to keep an eye on you, we all did..."

"Although." Amon steps at last, circling Camille like a shark with her paces as she speaks without making eye contact. "I have two objections to that line of thought, Camille." A hand on her hips in some sort of indication to maturity, she remarks "You don't need to grow old with someone or touch them to love and be loved. And two." She plants her feet, looking right into Camille's eyes, bearing down with her height on the younger girl. "Don't say 'everyone's happy'." She nods to Camille in indication, first article: you aren't happy.

Amon heads for the front door, frankly needing some air. "Rather, it would be more correct to say, 'everyone's safe'. We're ninja, Camille. We're never safe."

(If Camille has no initial response, see spoiler. If she does, don't worry, I'll edit this part out and put it in a seperate post if it is appropriate to do so)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Amon stops if talked to. but guesses Camille might want an 'out' of this conversation. That and some time to think. Still, she knows she isn't the best judge of character; her stride is not dismissive or even brisk and Camille is free to follow if she so chooses. Unless anything more is said, she goes out to the front garden or nearest equivalent to catch her breath for a few minutes, staring into the river bank. As she stares, she finds somewhere to sit down, sets down her things, returning to tinkering as she reflects on everything. She really didn't have anything smart to say - she had a smart line to say to Camille but it no longer seemed appropriate. As she tinkers this time, she gives up all pretense of hiding her creation from Camille, openly admiring her handiwork as she messes with the gears, screwdriver and tweezers at hand as she does her thing. There was something soothing to tinkering, her finest hobby, how time flies and her worries seem to vanish; as long as she makes something, it all feels just a little bit better...

Amon spends (5d6)[18] ~5 minutes tinkering before she intends to head back inside, her head quite cooled. Unless someone approaches her, a loud noise or other 'remarkable' event knocks her from her 'tinkering trance', or she is sent for (likely for lunch, she was offered food after all), of course
    Last edited by Princess Tracy; 2012-11-12 at 04:07 PM.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Troll in the Playground

Yousuke pauses and stares at Satoko with tired eyes. "...people seem to expect much from me, due to my lineage. I love my grandfather very much but being the grandson of Konpaku Youki is as much an honor as it is a burden. It is the truth that I am not nearly as excited to be in your presence as I have made myself out to be but I truly am grateful that you have taken Camille into the safety of your home. That was not a deception."

With that, he is content to trail behind Satoko, eager to broach the question of their mutual youkai blood. "What is it like...being a youkai I mean. I cannot fully empathize, given the nature of my inheritance but I would like to know more. The news was a shock to say the least but I am trying to take it in stride...a Konpaku swordsman embraces all aspects of himself, youkai or not. If there is something to be attained by this blood then I will master it as surely as I will master both my body and soul. ...grandfather teaches me that the Konpaku are tigers and dragons wearing one skin and that I more than anyone else embody this to its fullest extent. I have never quite been able to understand him but I was hoping you could give me more insight into his words."

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

26. - Top - End - #176
    Titan in the Playground

Camille

The young girl shrugs. "What more was there to say?" Once Amon talks about not being a ninja, Camille just shakes her head. "I was doomed the moment that... That woman did what she did. Whether I was a ninja or civilian didn't matter."

When Amon talks about love, the girl just shakes her head. "Cybele-sensei tried to say the same thing. Is she happy? Is she loved? No. I saw my future in her, and I did not want to live that way. Besides: Everyone is happy. I'm content with that outcome." Camille didn't need time to think. She'd already thought about it for a lot longer than this little conversation, and for longer than even the trek over. She'd thought about it since the day she arrived in Soragakure. She has nothing more to say, and allows Amon to leave.

---

Outside, the genin finds the gardens peaceful. Strangely, no birds or squirrels enter the leafy green around the mansion. The garden is well-tended, and a variety of flowers grow in it. The garden's clearly a high priority, but it seems too large for one person to take care of. Nonetheless, no one bothers Amon at all outside the mansion.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ettin in the Playground

Amon stops at the door, unable to leave Camille's words without response. She'll be jaded if I leave her now... if you want to leave some impression on her, now's the time to do it. She's been left with her own thoughts; you'll have to cut her deep if you want to leave an impression, disturb her notions. But how - what can I hope to accomplish?

"Cybele-chan is not example to live your life by. She has been through a lot and responded to it poorly. Her, let's face it, lust for Kaede and worship-like devotion may be misplaced." She turns to face Camille. "At the very least her conduct, the way she thinks, is wrong. But the sentiment she bears cannot be torn down even if she herself is. Ad hominum tu quoque, my dear Camille," she nods despite her no doubt garbled latin. "I've known some degree of love in my time, of intimacy. Do you think I needed to get down and dirty to do it? Do you think i needed the guarantee of a long term relationship just to feel safe enough to let myself feel something for someone?" She invisibly bites her tongue, thinking. "Yes, it's wrong to place myself in your position. I can't possibly imagine what it's like for you so I can hardly draw such parallels - whatever my ego, I am not a monster."

"You've let yourself be ruled by your misfortune, Camille, and it hurts to watch. How can I be happy for that? How can Yousuke be happy for that? You've locked your heart, Camille - that much is obvious from your speech, your priorities." Amon strides towards her suddenly. "You are far too young to think only of others. I don't consider it the least bit greedy for you to consider your own happiness."

28. - Top - End - #178

SamuraiGuy

Needless to say, Houshi felt out of place. They actually succeeded in their mission but no one was truly happy about it. Well, he was. If this was Camille decision, let her live with it. Even if it was the cowardly way out, "Ha, if you say so." He directed his sarcasm at Camille's statement.

Then, at the mention of a kitchen, Houshi was off towards the food.
    Last edited by zeone3000; 2012-11-12 at 06:52 PM.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ettin in the Playground

Amon stops halfway towards Camille, looking sadly to the floor as she feels herself run dry. "Camille, maybe it is for the best that you stay here... but you shouldn't be afraid to feel. Cybele's weakness is how bundled up she is, how much she disocciates from things that should affect her. If you truly want to avoid becoming her..." She sighs in apology. "I'm sorry, I'm not the best person to say this to you. I just... wanted to help..."

She backs up a little, towards the door, but doesn't exit until Camille says something, anything
    Last edited by Princess Tracy; 2012-11-12 at 07:07 PM.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Titan in the Playground

Camille

The purple-haired girl simply shakes her head. "You're smarter than that, Yamana-san. Yes, I saw the way Cybele-sensei looks at Uchiha-san, and yes, I realize that her love is forever one-sided. But you're a fool if you think that was what I was referring to. As I will say for the last time: There is nothing between Konpaku-san and I, nor can there ever be." Camille's obviously angry that Amon doesn't understand, and her attempts to fake comprehension and say all the wrong things only drive the young girl deeper into her anger. "What would you understand of the kind of pain a Euryale deals with every day? Nothing. You have an inkling, a minor little nagging thought, of what it's like to carry a tiny fraction of hell inside your body. But do not ever even imagine you understand what it means to burn in agony every single morning until you force your own body to obey you. Don't imagine you know what it's like trying to force this thing away from your brain or your heart so you live another day!" Camille's now shouting and gesturing aggressively at the older sky-nin. "And you speak of Cybele-sensei weakness when you have no idea what it is like to live in eternal isolation. Do not imagine that you know her. Because she's suffered this far longer than I, and is still rational. You mock that with your words, and I do not wish to hear them any longer."

Amon has definitely succeeding in cutting Camille, but most definitely not in the way she intended. The little purple-haired girl angrily gestures toward the door. "Get away from me. I won't be lectured at by someone who doesn't understand the pain of being Euryale. Get out and don't speak to me again."

Yousuke

"Oh? I'm sorry to hear that it's such a drag to have a famous and powerful grandfather. Is it troublesome to be loved as well, or am I deluded? Ooh, does it take a lot of focus to scowl so much, or is that just natural?" Satoko turns to smile at the sky-nin as she playfully mocks Yousuke's complaints. "Yes, much will be expected of you. It is your heritage after all. But do not think of it as a burden. Many would count their blessings to have a loving grandfather in their lives, even if he was not Konpaku Youki. Regardless, whether you lied or not is none of my business." The snake-woman continues on through the mansion with practiced ease. "I only called attention to it so you'd know I knew, and wouldn't maintain the charade any longer. I like men who are respectful, but distaste meaningless subservience."

When Yousuke asks about their mutual status as youkai, Satoko stops and turns around. She looks Yousuke in the eye, and shrugs. "What is it like to be yourself? I do not know, for I have never been anyone but myself. I am me, and you are you. Whether you are human or youkai changes nothing about that." When Youki's words are brought up, Satoko simply shrugs once more. "Well, I do not know. Maybe you should ask him?"

Houshi

The mansion's large, and seems quite accommodating for someone of Houshi's size. It's only natural, given how large the snake-woman was. The large sky-nin smells his way toward the kitchen, and eventually stumbles into an extremely large--and extremely empty--dining hall. A familiar woman in a green qipao stands in front of a large stew pot. Several bubbling pans rest atop the stove's range alongside the pot. The red-haired woman dashes from pan to pan in order to make sure nothing is burning, something is seasoned, or to flip whatever it is she's cooking. She seems to be utilizing her trained speed in order to pull this off, and it's hard to imagine a normal person succeeding nearly as well. Unless bothered, Suzunabu continues cooking.