New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PF Paladin

1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: PF Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Xander96 View Post
    What is WBL?
    Wealth By Level. The presume amount of resource you have at each level.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xander96 View Post
    What is WBL?
    Wealth By Level, i cant list off the PF values, but assuming they are remotely near what they are in 3.5, the WBL values are so bad that it is painful early for melee, and a complete joke for the pure spellcasters. It then grows at such a rate that you can reasonably buy any magic item you could find remote use for as a melee, or just research the 9th level spell "Deus Ex Machina" for any of the primary casters and put it on an infinite use slotless magic item, with a free action trigger.
    My Homebrew: found here.
    When you Absolutely, Positively, Gotta Drop some Huge rocks, Accept NO Substitutes

PM Me if you would like a table from my homebrew reconstructed.

Drow avatar @ myself

3. - Top - End - #33
    Orc in the Playground

RogueGuy

PF WBL is available on the srd. And I've never had any problem spending all of it and having plans for more, regardless of whether I'm playing melee or a caster.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by jmelesky View Post
    PF WBL is available on the srd. And I've never had any problem spending all of it and having plans for more, regardless of whether I'm playing melee or a caster.
    A: that isnt the PFSRD, and it massively irritates me when people link to that site claiming it to be. That is a third party archive of published Pathfinder material.

B: ok, that is 11% more then 3.5 WBL. Spending that, if the item costs are similar, is going to be alot harder, considering that actually going for a +10 item most of the time is not the desireable choice.
    My Homebrew: found here.
    When you Absolutely, Positively, Gotta Drop some Huge rocks, Accept NO Substitutes

PM Me if you would like a table from my homebrew reconstructed.

Drow avatar @ myself

5. - Top - End - #35
    Orc in the Playground

RogueGuy

Quote Originally Posted by toapat View Post
    A: that isnt the PFSRD, and it massively irritates me when people link to that site claiming it to be. That is a third party archive of published Pathfinder material.
    It's the community SRD. It's better organized, more up-to-date, and more complete than the Paizo PRD. You can double-check the relevant page at the official PRD if you'd like.

B: ok, that is 11% more then 3.5 WBL. Spending that, if the item costs are similar, is going to be alot harder, considering that actually going for a +10 item most of the time is not the desireable choice.
    I still haven't had any problem spending my entire WBL. I haven't managed any actual level 20 play, but up through 17 I've always had plans on what to spend on next.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by toapat View Post
    Given that the web address is www.d20PFSRD.com
    I'm sure you can understand the confusion potential.
    [retired]

Horribly out of date guide goes here:
    Oradin Guide

7. - Top - End - #37
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kobold

Yeesh, such op-raging in this thread O.o

Anyways, not too long ago I had a pretty fun time with the Warrior of the Holy Light archetype. It gives up spell casting for some pretty fun dps tricks (What's not to love about being able to heal yourself to do more damage? Not much more, but it helps everyone)

We were playing pretty low level, about 7-9 I think, and with a feat that lets you use LoH from a distance not only was I the front-line melee bruiser with my Greatsword, I was also getting to be the off healer/buffer. With the Divine Bond to my weapon, I was crit-ing pretty often with the spontaneous Keen, and with the Vital Stike+Smite+a crit, I got 97 damage and one shotted a boss my DM was going to make into trouble with it having a buffer and healer with it (too bad for them I won Init muwahahaha)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhyvurg View Post
    That's what they all say, then when you go to sleep, bam! Face full of alien wang.