New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

biggrin Favorite Lethal Joke Skills?

Share stories of your favorite lethal joke skills(like a lethal joke character/item, but a skill or talent tree, or even just a particular one, in a game).

One of my favorites is the "fisticuffs" skill in dragonquest 9.. much weaker than any other weapon in the game(aside from most wands).. until you get 100 points into it, at which point it equals or beats anything before end/after game in regards to it's attack stat(you also can obtain the multifists attack, which hits four times for about 60% damage for no cost, giving a total increase--at least vs. single targets--of +160% in addition to the ultra high base attack)

Another one, from pokemon in this case, are metronome and assist, capable of using any other move in the game(or in assist's case, one move randomly usable by a different member of your party).. though only assist can be reliable(I have wondered what would happen if your party only had pokemon with assist and you used assist)
    Last edited by Togath; 2013-04-18 at 02:39 PM.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: Favorite Lethal Joke Skills?

Assist can't pull Assist. If it doesn't have any valid moves to copy, Assist fails.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    Share stories of your favorite lethal joke skills(like a lethal joke character/item, but a skill or talent tree, or even just a particular one, in a game).
    Final Fantasy Tactics-- Using the squire's Accumulate ability for several rounds and then start flinging rocks that deal a one hit kill. That always gets a chuckle from me.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

Does craft(underwater basket-weaving) count?
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Firbolg in the Playground

I like the unarmed combat in Skyrim. Hilarious to punch a dragon or giant to death, or to kill a Thalmor wizard with a wrestling move.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

The Cream Pie sub-weapon in Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin. Being the only dark elemental sub-item, it is perfect for taking out Richter. The Dart is my second favorite. Sure it doesn't to that great damage, but there is no sprite limit to it. That means you can back dash cancel is as fast as you can. It trivializes some otherwise difficult fights.
    Last edited by ObadiahtheSlim; 2013-04-22 at 12:40 PM.
    If God had wanted you to live he would not have created me!

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh in Lords of Magic:SE Chaos is pretty much the worst faith. Their range unit is crap and their spells are too unreliable at low level. However get a level 10 chaos shaman (either through careful leveling or or a different faith's high level wizard for training XP) and you get some insanely powerful spells. Plus with polymorph self, your wizard suddenly isn't very squishy. Then throw in the most broken spell in the game, reincarnation, and you will have a huge army with some very nice units.

My other favorite lethal joke is a level 1 custom water mage start. You have just enough points to get the legendary staff of drowning. The staff of drowning lets your weak level 1 mage cast drowning twice per turn. This can easily solo low to mid level encounters.
    If God had wanted you to live he would not have created me!

8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground

MonkGuy

Dwarf Fortress 40d.

Throwing beetles at a blind cyclops until the RNG puts one clean through it's brain.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cikomyr View Post
    I like the unarmed combat in Skyrim. Hilarious to punch a dragon or giant to death, or to kill a Thalmor wizard with a wrestling move.
    Unarmed combat starts off extremely lethal - a khajit with the gloves from the Ratway can absolutely wreck any levelled enemy in one or two punches, but it scales terribly. Even if you pump enchantment and wear full heavy armour with that one perk, you're miles behind what a sword user can do with the same level of effort.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Even if you pump enchantment and wear full heavy armour with that one perk, you're miles behind what a sword user can do with the same level of effort.
    Still, you don't need any kind of optimization to be powerful in Skyrim anyway, so at least it's good that you can pull funny builds like that and still be able to play the game.