New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default World of Warcraft XIV: Fish Felreed, and the Reed Pond fish

A thread of all of us Giant ITP'ers to discuss World of Warcraft.

Lets hear about your success and failures!
    Lore discussions, class discussions, faction discussions.

Also, ask questions. Crowd source those problems.

Obligatory Linkages:
    www.worldofwarcraft.com --official site
    mmo-champion.com --news site
    www.wowpedia.org --encylopedia of the Warcraft Universe
    www.wowhead.com --search engine for pretty much anything in the game. Items, quests, achievements, enemies, everything.
    www.tankspot.com --strategy guides, class guides and videos, forums. PST and The Weekly Marmot are posted on this site.

Previous Thread
    Last edited by Togath; 2012-11-02 at 10:18 PM.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: World of Warcraft XIV: Fish Felreed, and the Reed Pond fish

Yeaaaaah new threaad. New issues of dattamining Varian... more BE Alliance rumblings so we can all facepalm and wish that BEs would just go down to female-dwarf level of the population.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

That reminds me, how different is the alliance storyline for pandaria from the alliance perspective compared to the alliance storyline from the horde perspective?
    For horde our first encounter is being attacked by them, freeing the pandarans they enslaved, and allying with the surprisingly smart hozen, while fighting off the vicious jinyu.
    It seems like the alliance quests probably have a different story(since they have paladins and that sort of thing, enslaving the natives of a continent and allying with vicious fish men to slay the comparatively peaceful hozen seems out of place. Their leader in jade forest also becomes a minor sha in the horde quest line)
    Mostly, it's that from what I remember from playing my alliance, they were usually the more heroic side, and it seems like it would be a rather odd choice to flip the styles
    Last edited by Togath; 2012-11-02 at 10:57 PM.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

For Alliance our first encounter is storming and wiping out their base on the southern tip of Jade Forest with an aerial assault, allying ourselves with the Pandaren village the Horde were jerks to (including kidnapping their young to use as bargaining chips) as well as allying ourselves with the wise and measured Jinyu, who are under attack by the vicious and brainless Hozen.

And yeah, one particularly angry Horde becomes a Sha. One of our guys, a Night Elf, actually almost succumbs to the Sha in the beginning, but a Shado-Pan (Taran Zhu?) draws it out of him. This happened when the Night Elf and his men were ordered to shoot the Horde survivors dead in the water -- he was pretty torn with doubt at that point.

The Alliance's reason for being there, though, is because the ship carrying Varian's son, Anduin, was lost at sea, and so a strike force was sent to find him. When you find Anduin, however, he refuses to leave, knowing that the arrival of the Alliance and Horde has set events in motion that could destroy the world if left unchecked. He's trying to uncover Pandaria's secrets and, well, save the world.
    Last edited by The Linker; 2012-11-02 at 11:14 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

Aye that's pretty much the horde quest line, but with the sides reversed. Horde and hozen being the corrupt/brutal ones, with the alliance being he peacful ones, though the encounter with wrynn is different(as horde you capture him at rifle point).
    The horde's reason for arriving was because a shipwrecked crew washed up on an unmapped continent(pandaria).
    I wonder how much of the jade forest quest lines are mirrored, I've really got to level my alliance sometime(I have three sitting at 85, but I haven't played them since early cata)
    Last edited by Togath; 2012-11-02 at 11:45 PM.
    Meow(Steam page)

6. - Top - End - #6
    Firbolg in the Playground

Karoht finally replaced his last piece of Heroic Dragon Soul Gear. Yes, it was THAT good that it lasted me to 90, and then into the dungeon gear up.
    My shoulders. Better shoulders just refused to drop, the quest rewards all were crap, etc.
    With that, I'm now sitting with a 470 item level. I just need a chest upgrade, and I'm ready for challenge modes.
    ~~Courage is not the lack of fear~~
    Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    If the party wizard can't survive a supersonic dragon made of iron at epic levels it's his own fault really.
    "In soviet dungeon, aboleth farms you!"
    "Please consult your DM before administering Steve brand Aboleth Mucus.
    Ask your DM if Aboleth Mucus is right for you.
    Side effects include coughing, sneezing, and other flu like symptoms, cancer, breathing water like a fish, loss of dignity, loss of balance, loss of bowel and bladder control."

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

Just remembered, does anyone here play either Scryers alliance or Shu'halo horde?, My mains are on Shu'halo, but my old alliance toons are over on Scryers in case anyone wants to try grouping up on either server(mainly on Shu'halo, since it's small enough for it to be difficult to find pugs for challenge mode dungeons, and I've been wanting to try them on my hunter)
    Meow(Steam page)

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

Conversation from the previous thread(moved since the previus one reached 50 pages)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daverin View Post
    I think I will try a monk again, but first I am going to farm up for leather heirlooms. I am thinking maybe it is unfair to compare it to the classes where I have two pieces of armor and now a weapon.

I kind of wish there was a 2h agility heirloom. I don't want to have to farm for two weapons for a monk... I wish heirs were as cheap as back in Wrath.
    There is actually a 2 hand agility heirloom, a staff bought from the justice point vendor for 3500JP.
    The darkmoon fair also has a few heirlooms, and if you buy the darkmoon quest items before it starts, you can usually get them for only 15-80g each
    Meow(Steam page)

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Well... I am disappointed at the moment.
    This ID the others in my guild began to run away from me in the sense of dps.
    Spirit Kings I with 52k dps and them with about 70k dps... and I don't know why? I did the same stuff as last ID and then I was practically on the same amount of dps...
    Elegon was slain last ID and our Mage got the damned Wand from him as Bonus Loot and I still haven't got something really useful. An Intellect/Crit Trinket and well... some reputation stuff (Valor) stuff.
    Have a nice Day,
    Krazzman

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground

How much is norml dps for level 90?(I mostly ask since I've been wondering if I built my hunter wrong, since he's only ending up with usually 6k-10k dps at level 90, which didn't seem that much better then I did with him in cata)
    Last edited by Togath; 2012-11-03 at 02:37 PM.
    Meow(Steam page)

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    How much is norml dps for level 90?(I mostly ask since I've been wondering if I built my hunter wrong, since he's only ending up with usually 6k-10k dps at level 90, which didn't seem that much better then I did with him in cata)
    Generally, you want a minimum of about 48k (ilvl 460). Ideally, you'll be somewhere between about 52k and 70k.

I honestly don't know how your DPS is so low. Armoury link?

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

Link here to his page. His main spec is beast master, and he does do about 30k dps in survival.
    Meow(Steam page)

13. - Top - End - #13
    Bugbear in the Playground

Conversation from the previous thread(moved since the previus one reached 50 pages)

There is actually a 2 hand agility heirloom, a staff bought from the justice point vendor for 3500JP.
    The darkmoon fair also has a few heirlooms, and if you buy the darkmoon quest items before it starts, you can usually get them for only 15-80g each
    Eh, I mostly just run Wintergrasp and Tol Barad when they come up, since on my server they are deserted and alliance controlled. Which means a slow, but steady income of annoyance-free honor.

I'd almost consider the Darkmoon Faire, except... I have no idea where to begin with that one. That and, don't you have to do at least 2 months worth to possibly get enough tickets?

Also, I hate farming. So much. I can only hope this will make it worth it...
    Last edited by Daverin; 2012-11-03 at 04:02 PM.
    Awesome avatar by Abscondcrow

Spoiler
    Show
    Former awesome avatar by Zefir.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground

If you go for the darkmoon quest artifact items(which can drop from anywhere as long as you have the journal in your inventory, and they can drop even without the fair active) you can get the tickets a little faster. The monthly quests(each gives 3 tickets) also give 5 skill ups each, which can be useful if your leveling any professions. Also, how well is your guild doing?, If a guild is high enough level you can buy heirlooms for only 1300-1500g
    Meow(Steam page)

15. - Top - End - #15

Its a newbie guild, which I joined because my friend helped found it. I honestly am only looking for the chest/shoulder and eventually the weapon. Managed to get shoulders, now just for the chest.

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

Found out yesterday that a few guildies aren't coming back for MoP raiding. This includes the main healer/guild leader and the main tank. Plus another healer. And a DPS. This all makes me a sad panda.

Also, I've run six heroics so far and not one upgrade has dropped for me. Luck is not on my side.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

Its a newbie guild, which I joined because my friend helped found it. I honestly am only looking for the chest/shoulder and eventually the weapon. Managed to get shoulders, now just for the chest.
    Ah, chest and weapon are harder then the shoulders.....tol-barad/wintergrasp are probably the fastest ways then.

Quote Originally Posted by The Linker View Post
    Found out yesterday that a few guildies aren't coming back for MoP raiding. This includes the main healer/guild leader and the main tank. Plus another healer. And a DPS. This all makes me a sad panda.

Also, I've run six heroics so far and not one upgrade has dropped for me. Luck is not on my side.
    Ouch, which server are you on?,My mains are The Scryers and Shu'halo, but I also have a few characters on Agrammar and Farstriders.
    Meow(Steam page)

18. - Top - End - #18

Ah, chest and weapon are harder then the shoulders.....tol-barad/wintergrasp are probably the fastest ways then.
    Yeah. Plus, I actually would have to farm up quite some gold. And rep, although that seems relatively easy.

I mean, really given the option, I'd take a full entourage. It's just that is more work than I really care for. I mean, if I could make gold really fast, I'd just briefly join another guild and farm its rep, but... I just have never made money very easily.

Although it does look like running 70 heroics seems to at least not be horrible in that regard. Is there any raid that is not too difficult for a mage to run that give good gold?

EDIT: Wait, looks like I can fairly safely do 80 heroics. Which also means Battered Hilt.
    Last edited by Daverin; 2012-11-03 at 08:51 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #19
    Colossus in the Playground

Aye that's pretty much the horde quest line, but with the sides reversed. Horde and hozen being the corrupt/brutal ones, with the alliance being he peacful ones, though the encounter with wrynn is different(as horde you capture him at rifle point).
    The horde's reason for arriving was because a shipwrecked crew washed up on an unmapped continent(pandaria).
    I wonder how much of the jade forest quest lines are mirrored, I've really got to level my alliance sometime(I have three sitting at 85, but I haven't played them since early cata)
    Alot of it is mirrored. A very large portion are identical quests period. the tian monastery, the jade mines, that section where you end up freeing the ghost in the ruins and run a fairly long quest chain, that panda village in flames, the jade dragon quest chains with killing the moths in the library and such, all are identical.

I hate those &^$R%*&^%$ monkeys. If I have to read one more spammed message about being ooked in the dooker or whatever, I am going to start petitioning blizzard to let me set the faction at war and slaughter the entire misbegotten race. Seriously, I hate those things. I hate them in the panda starting area, I hate them as my enemies on the alliance, I hate them as my allies as a horde, I HATE THE MONKEYS!
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

Ouch, which server are you on?,My mains are The Scryers and Shu'halo, but I also have a few characters on Agrammar and Farstriders.
    Uh, Llane. Why?

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground

I was mostly checking if you happened to be on one of the servers I'm on(I usually run tanks, and sometimes healers, so I was seeing if you needed someone to fill the missing raid slot).

Also, is it an exploit to use the monk flight glyph to gather crafting materials without landing?, I just a little while ago began to wonder if I should stop doing that(since even druids need to land)
    Last edited by Togath; 2012-11-03 at 11:18 PM.
    Meow(Steam page)

22. - Top - End - #22

So, I just found a way to bypass the whole "once a day" thing for farming Battered Hilt, although it can be very annoying and costly in repairs: Wipe before you complete a boss in Halls of Reflection. The entire waves restart from wave 1.

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

So, I just found a way to bypass the whole "once a day" thing for farming Battered Hilt, although it can be very annoying and costly in repairs: Wipe before you complete a boss in Halls of Reflection. The entire waves restart from wave 1.
    Wouldn't it be easier to just kill all the non-boss mobs in Pit of Saron, zone out of the dungeon, then reset it?

24. - Top - End - #24

Can you reset it if you kill none of the bosses? I don't quite remember how it all works.

Also, I finally have a steady source of income: Managed to get tailoring to 325 and got Northern Scavenging. Now I can loot frostweave easily, which sells for a lot.
    Last edited by Daverin; 2012-11-04 at 02:48 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

That reminds me far too much of simply playing HoR back in Wrath.

26. - Top - End - #26

I can do the other two Frozen Halls without dying, but that one is still too much for my sad mage. Always was a brutal dungeon.

But I also liked all three. Plus, Bronjahm is one of my favorite bosses ever. Ya duh duh dum.

EDIT: Wow, didn't know that (or forgot) about reseting heroics. Thanks for the tip, Zero!
    Last edited by Daverin; 2012-11-04 at 03:29 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Got the MoP trial 5 days ago and been leveling a monk tank/dps.

Love the class but its rather subpar in pvp
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

Can you reset it if you kill none of the bosses? I don't quite remember how it all works.
    As long as you don't kill any of the bosses and just kill mobs you can reset it up to 5 times in an hour.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Antonok View Post
    Got the MoP trial 5 days ago and been leveling a monk tank/dps.

Love the class but its rather subpar in pvp
    What spec are you using?, I might have some useful advice, and the monk can be a tricky class to get used to.

From the battlegrounds I've run on my monk so far, I've found myself usually trying to stay at range to take advantage of windwalker's spinning fire blossom, mixed with the self heal and crackling jade lightning, or wade in with spinning crane kick and stunning kick with the bouncing heal talent thingy(it heals allies/damages enemies, and bounces up to 7 times) when there's three or more players grouped together, using fists of fury to stun them when I can.
    Meow(Steam page)

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

What spec are you using?, I might have some useful advice, and the monk can be a tricky class to get used to.

From the battlegrounds I've run on my monk so far, I've found myself usually trying to stay at range to take advantage of windwalker's spinning fire blossom, mixed with the self heal and crackling jade lightning, or wade in with spinning crane kick and stunning kick with the bouncing heal talent thingy(it heals allies/damages enemies, and bounces up to 7 times) when there's three or more players grouped together, using fists of fury to stun them when I can.
    Currently level 61, and with brewmaster I can hold my own for a rather long time until I get stunlocked, but I can't do enough damage to hardly even bypass most classes self healing abilities.

With windwalker I can't hardly do anything with unless I'm with a group. Force Jade Lightning helps a bit, but it even lacks any real punch.

The main issues I'm having is no CC breaks (aside from the gnome racial), and the lack of any real CC abilities. Since I hit 60 a bit ago I got the Charging Ox Wave talent (30 yard stun) so that will help. Its just majorly sucks to be passed around like a cheap bottle of wine without any way to break out of the stuns/fear (gods I hate fear)/entangles.
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile