New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: World of Warcraft XIV: Fish Felreed, and the Reed Pond fish

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Im working on cloud serpent faction. Just hit revered and of COURSE the race course trainer quest is buggy as hell. She keeps warning me to keep up, then poof, she vanishes, but the tether remains and never goes away. Is there a trick to keeping this from happening? Or am I just that unlucky that I keep hitting all thes (^&%I*&^%*&&^% buggy quests on every class I try to play?
    High server lag. Do you play with the micro-menu enabled? It has a very small lag-o-meter which should show when your connection latency spikes.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ettin in the Playground

Just found an interesting bit of lore on grummles;
    apparently(or at least according to the book I found in game) they are a form of mutated trog, created by the moguls to serve as scouts against the pandaran, jinyu and hozen.
    It’s kind of fun to find something that makes them seem a little bit less random, anyone else find interesting bits of lore in mists yet? Since I found the grummle thing I’ve been reading most books I find while questing, to see if there’s anything interesting in them.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

3. - Top - End - #93
    Troll in the Playground

Borong Grummle "i didnt SEEEE any enemies" thing, some Zandalari stuff, bla bla bla...

Heirlooms are affordable for me all of a sudden! Is there a discount for guild rep? XD. Or are quests just actually funding me now?
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ettin in the Playground

Guild rep does reduce the price of guild heirlooms, and level 90 quests often award 20-50g each, so it may be both.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

5. - Top - End - #95
    Troll in the Playground

Lorewalker Cho's story on the Jinyu, through the provided 'pictures', seemed to indicate the Jinyu are Murlocs that evolved over time into a wiser sort of aquatic humanoid from the magical pools within Pandaria. I think that was the neatest snippet I've found.

I never liked the grummles...

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ettin in the Playground

The jinyu thing is neat, and aye, I agree that the grummles are a bit odd(I actually thought they were a joke when they were first revealed on the preview site).

A completely unrelated thing I’ve been trying to figure out; is the female pandaran dance a specific one, or a specific parody of something? I feel like I’ve seen bits of it before, but can’t place what it’s a parody of.
    Meow(Steam page)

7. - Top - End - #97
    Bugbear in the Playground

Yes it is a parody/taken from some stupid anime dance. Someone here will tell you i'm sure but in the mean time i suggest you look up Female Pandaren Dance on youtube. Chances are any video that comes up will likely point it out.

I like the grummles. I'm their Lucky-do. I think its cute to have this sort of Gipsie like race going around. Creatures that are tricky and good hearted but not stupid. yea, i think Gipsy is the best word for em. Representative of those clever sherpa travelers who seek opportunity, but not enterprise like Goblins.

-----------

But i find it interesting just how much the Vale of Eternal Blossoms has modified Pandaria. The Jinyu, The Mogu, and by them the Grummle and Saurok.

If you read, the Yaugol are Tauren immigrants from before the sundering. They got stuck on the bad side of the wall and so where forced to be more vicious and opportunistic (and learned how to use Oil) in order to survive.

I also hope the Jade serpent doesnt die before another vessel can be made for her! (they said it took 1000 years to get all that jade for the statue.)
    Last edited by Cerlis; 2012-11-15 at 02:38 AM.
    Part of the "Raise Nale and Let Him Serve Life in Prison" fan-club

"The only reason why people didn't like Durkon before was because he is the only member of the group that doesn't commit evil, like hurting others, or breaking the rules for giggles. I.E.' He's not cool'"

8. - Top - End - #98
    Troll in the Playground

Ah, the Female Pandaren dance. I recognized it instantly; given the Haruhi fans I know online and off, I've come across the video more than once.

Edit: Oh, and it's also mixed with the Caramelldansen dance. That video is just one example of millions, but I think you'll get the idea.
    Last edited by The Linker; 2012-11-15 at 03:01 AM.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cerlis View Post

I like the grummles. I'm their Lucky-do. I think its cute to have this sort of Gipsie like race going around. Creatures that are tricky and good hearted but not stupid. yea, i think Gipsy is the best word for em. Representative of those clever sherpa travelers who seek opportunity, but not enterprise like Goblins.
    Aye the grummles are cute, I more meant it seemed odd at the time(since out of saurok, mushan, mogu, wind serpent, grummle, bug thingies. all but one is some sort of fierce monster, or powerful beast)

Quote Originally Posted by The Linker View Post
    Ah, the Female Pandaren dance. I recognized it instantly; given the Haruhi fans I know online and off, I've come across the video more than once.

Edit: Oh, and it's also mixed with the Caramelldansen dance. That video is just one example of millions, but I think you'll get the idea.
    Ah, so that's why they looked familiar(I think I've seen bits of the haruhi dance, and well as the second one before, which would explain the déjà vu)
    Meow(Steam page)

10. - Top - End - #100
    Firbolg in the Playground

Wow. I am sitting on 9 Sigils of Power already, just from LFR raiding. I got 5 last night.
    Probably going to do the second half of HoF this weekend, and I've got my first full week of raiding with my new guild starting tonight.

LFR balance is interesting this go around. Because people who are well geared are still mostly incentivized (not required) to still go to LFR, it means that you get a good spread on gear levels for everyone. I'm almost in complete LFR gear now, but I'm usually coming in 2nd for healing on most fights. Then I inspect the guy in first place and of course, they are better geared than me, though usually with a small margin rather than a large one.

Oh, and my LFR group managed to have no one die when Elegon dropped the floor, and we one-shot Garalon without a single person standing in the purple circle. This is LFR we are talking about people. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?
    ~~Courage is not the lack of fear~~
    Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    If the party wizard can't survive a supersonic dragon made of iron at epic levels it's his own fault really.
    "In soviet dungeon, aboleth farms you!"
    "Please consult your DM before administering Steve brand Aboleth Mucus.
    Ask your DM if Aboleth Mucus is right for you.
    Side effects include coughing, sneezing, and other flu like symptoms, cancer, breathing water like a fish, loss of dignity, loss of balance, loss of bowel and bladder control."

11. - Top - End - #101
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Pics or didn't happen, man.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ettin in the Playground

Just heard something while browsing tvtropes. Does anyone know if it's true that their planning to kill off Garrosh by making him the final villain of the expansion?
    Meow(Steam page)

13. - Top - End - #103
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    Just heard something while browsing tvtropes. Does anyone know if it's true that their planning to kill off Garrosh by making him the final villain of the expansion?
    ...Thats been out since like, pre-Beta. How did you only hear about it now? Him being a raid boss near the end if the expac has been known as discussed to death.
    Spoiler
    Show
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    don't feed the troll...

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm not sure how I didn't hear about it then...
    Is he still going to be the horde warchief?
    Meow(Steam page)

15. - Top - End - #105
    Troll in the Playground

...When he's dead? Seems doubtful to me.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ettin in the Playground

Ah, so it's not a "beat him until whatever is possessing him is gone" scenario.....darn
    Have they revealed any of the plot that explains how he's suddenly turned evil?
    Meow(Steam page)

17. - Top - End - #107
    Troll in the Playground

I think the point is not that he's not going to turn evil. He's a hateful, warmongering, vicious, animalistic humanoid who chooses violence before words and seems close to attempting to wipe out his own allies. A lot of people already want him dead, one of them being Vol'Jin, the Troll leader.

In theory, this storming-Orgrimmar event would occur after he goes just a bit too far and the Alliance and Horde mutually agree he needs to be stopped. Perhaps he'll want to raze Pandaria for the sake of razing Pandaria, and everyone rises up against him for it.

At any rate, it's (probably) not that he gets possessed by the Sha or anything. He's been a bastard from the beginning.

I don't think we know for sure that he'll be killed, but he'll certainly be outed as warchief, I believe. And someone we "might not expect" will come forward to fill the throne.
    Last edited by The Linker; 2012-11-16 at 01:20 AM.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ettin in the Playground

After you mentioned the Vol'jin thing, I looked up some lore...I'd lost track of more then just the Garrosh thing apparently.
    Are there any good sites for looking up lore?(I'm really interested to see if I've missed anything else)
    Meow(Steam page)

19. - Top - End - #109
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, tons of fun lore. Outside of virus warning wikies, there's always WoWInsider, but they have Tinfoil Hat editions, which are all speculation.
    Spoiler
    Show
    don't feed the troll...

20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground

I don't think we know for sure that he'll be killed, but he'll certainly be outed as warchief, I believe. And someone we "might not expect" will come forward to fill the throne.
    Thralls back. Yay...

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ettin in the Playground

He's a hateful, warmongering, vicious, animalistic humanoid ...
    You left out spiteful. And jerkface.
    John Ling
    Frog God Games Lead Pathfinder Developer

Note: unless explicitly stated otherwise, opinions in my posts are my own and not those of Frog God Games.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zherog View Post
    You left out spiteful.
    Hey, I can respect a spiteful quick thinker. Not that Garrosh thinks, but you know what I'm saying.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Orc in the Playground

A couple of things relevant to the current conversation:

1) Garrosh may not be a raid boss. I believe the words used were event. So it could be a scenario.

2) Thrall(Go'el) is unlikely to come back to be the Horde Warchief.

3) WoWInsider is definitely a good source for lore, but make sure you're not looking at the Tin Foil Hat edition and taking it as canon. Another good resource is Wowpedia

I've been a fan of Trolls since release. My original Horde main(I was alliance for a couple of months, first) is a Troll Shaman, that is still my main today. They're just awesome. And Vol'jin is excellent. The new Troll starting area is great, and if you enjoy their lore at all, it's probably worth leveling a troll to ~10 to see it all. Vol'jin is also feature in an upcoming scenario I believe, in 5.1

Also, on an unrelated note, I run a Horde guild on Ravenholdt-US(RP-PvP), we've been around since BC. If you're on the server, check us out. Legacy of the Sun
    Last edited by Gryffon; 2012-11-16 at 09:23 AM.
    CEO of Evil Incorporated: "Subjugating humanity for a better tomorrow."

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I've been a fan of Trolls since release. My original Horde main(I was alliance for a couple of months, first) is a Troll Shaman, that is still my main today. They're just awesome. And Vol'jin is excellent. The new Troll starting area is great, and if you enjoy their lore at all, it's probably worth leveling a troll to ~10 to see it all. Vol'jin is also feature in an upcoming scenario I believe, in 5.1
    Yeah I like them the most too. At least on Horde side... I began playing a Nightelven Hunter (switched to Draenai Paladin, paid to make him human when he was 80, switched servers and fractions to another RP-PvE server).
    Yet I suck at names... my Main Krazzman, I will level a DK (to help my GF level her Paladin faster) named Krassman and now have a level 13 Shaman named Ryodact... luckily I'm no longer playing on a RP server anymore... weird guys were there... Names like Hope or Axeofdeath were "allowed" but pure fluff names were reported. For example someone called his druid Acewind in celtic. He had to rename his char to Acoend. When he had hit 70 months ago.
    Have a nice Day,
    Krazzman

25. - Top - End - #115
    Firbolg in the Playground

Wowpedia.org and wowinsider are the two I most strongly recommend.
    Along with keeping up with MMO-Champion.com

wowwiki is not recommended, for reasons previously mentioned.

@Garrosh
    1-Vol'jin is in an upcoming scenario. Spoilers are up on mmo-champion.com but to sum up, the tension between Vol'jin and Garrosh is increasing.
    2-Christie Golden is writing a book about Vol'jin currently. This is a big deal, though it is not actually evidence that he will be the new Warchief.
    3-Patch 5.1 brings us one set of events of the story for the expansion. Later patches have been hinted at to have similar story events to patch 5.1.

Make of that what you will.

Unrelated-Patch 5.2's development started shortly before or shortly after Pandaria launched. It's been in alpha phase testing since the PTR went up, according to my contacts.
    ~~Courage is not the lack of fear~~
    Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    If the party wizard can't survive a supersonic dragon made of iron at epic levels it's his own fault really.
    "In soviet dungeon, aboleth farms you!"
    "Please consult your DM before administering Steve brand Aboleth Mucus.
    Ask your DM if Aboleth Mucus is right for you.
    Side effects include coughing, sneezing, and other flu like symptoms, cancer, breathing water like a fish, loss of dignity, loss of balance, loss of bowel and bladder control."

26. - Top - End - #116
    Orc in the Playground

Yeah, I've seen the name stuff as well. Most of my characters are actually named using the random generator in-game, aside from my priestess(Illumine), and my Death Knight(Shikyo).

One of my old guildmates used to be named Gooch-something. It got reported, and a GM renamed him to Taynt. That was pretty funny.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ettin in the Playground

I'd always thought the naming thing was just a myth/joke., Then again, most of my characters on rp servers(I don't actually rp myself, due to too many encounters with weird people, such as the people who often in habit the Pig and Whistle or Lion's Pride inns on some servers...such as moonguard) have names such as Ilara, Iver, Joe[still amazed I managed to snatch that one up], or Freddee...then again, I also have a monk named Foomanchui and a rogue named Scorpon on the same server as the Ilara, Joe and Freddee.

I also once made a hunter named "Moranus" due to a typo(meant to call him Moronus, as a meta joke about the term "huntard"). Amazingly he still has that name, and he's ended up my main.
    Last edited by Togath; 2012-11-16 at 10:38 AM.
    Meow(Steam page)

28. - Top - End - #118
    Colossus in the Playground

I'd always thought the naming thing was just a myth/joke., Then again, most of my characters on rp servers(I don't actually rp myself, due to too many encounters with weird people, such as the people who often in habit the Pig and Whistle or Lion's Pride inns on some servers...such as moonguard) have names such as Ilara, Iver, Joe[still amazed I managed to snatch that one up], or Freddee...then again, I also have a monk named Foomanchui and a rogue named Scorpon on the same server as the Ilara, Joe and Freddee.

I also once made a hunter named "Moranus" due to a typo(meant to call him Moronus, as a meta joke about the term "huntard"). Amazingly he still has that name, and he's ended up my main.
    I have an entire clan of characters on an rp server. Stabbymcgee, my rogue, Healymcgee, my priest, Scrubbymcgee is another rogue, I had Demomcgee as a warlock for awhile but I deleted him, basically, any time I create a character I mostly intend to just fart around with, maybe run a starting area for giggles, I give them a goofy name, (My orc warrior Rendalthor is awesome) The rest get some variation of Traab or Trib.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

"Moranus"
    Well... I laughed at that... it remembered me at my encounter with a Random Names generator. You could choose something like medieval europe and such and... well I went for German Male names.... with Anus being on top of that list.

I think the worst name I have seen was from a Counterstrike buddy of me... he played a short time with us on Forscherliga and... well his DK he generated there was called: Scatman. I laughed. (In german the Trolls say "man(n)" instead of "mon"). He got a few reports... as well that our Hunter tried to name his Bearpet Pedobär (pedobear) and well it got reported rather quickly... he renamed it to pedrobear and... it got reported too.
    Have a nice Day,
    Krazzman

30. - Top - End - #120
    Orc in the Playground

The best hunter pet I've seen is the white ape named "Honkey Kong"