New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: World of Warcraft XIV: Fish Felreed, and the Reed Pond fish

If you're running out of mana on an Enhancement Shaman in the low levels, chances are you're casting spells a touch too often. There is no need to open up with a Lightning Bolt. Walk up, kill things in a flurry of blows, move to next guy while proc buffs are still up, repeat. Most mobs, the only expenditure of mana I put into them was a Shock spell, if it was off cooldown. That lasted all the way to 70-ish. By that point, Storm Strike was a thing, and you regain a lot of mana from Storm Strike. Combined with free casting from Maelstrom Weapon, I didn't look at my mana bar once until about 87-ish.

@Rideable Characters
    Yeah, that had me scratching my head for a solid half hour. Now I'm rather curious as to what that question was about.
    ~~Courage is not the lack of fear~~
    Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    If the party wizard can't survive a supersonic dragon made of iron at epic levels it's his own fault really.
    "In soviet dungeon, aboleth farms you!"
    "Please consult your DM before administering Steve brand Aboleth Mucus.
    Ask your DM if Aboleth Mucus is right for you.
    Side effects include coughing, sneezing, and other flu like symptoms, cancer, breathing water like a fish, loss of dignity, loss of balance, loss of bowel and bladder control."

2. - Top - End - #302
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Acromos View Post
    Are there ridable characters now - am I getting that right? Is this too dumb for me to pick WoW up again?
    The druid's stag form is rideable. But I don't really see how that's "dumb" enough to prevent someone from playing the game, or really, how's it "dumb" at all. If someone can transform into a Big Dang Quadruped, what's wrong with them carrying a buddy along?

It's really only useful in the battlegrounds, anyway.
    Spoiler
    Show

So the song runs on, with shift and change,
    Through the years that have no name,
    And the late notes soar to a higher range,
    But the theme is still the same.
    Man's battle-cry and the guns' reply
    Blend in with the old, old rhyme
    That was traced in the score of the strata marks
    While millenniums winked like campfire sparks
    Down the winds of unguessed time. -- 4th Stanza, The Bad Lands, Badger Clark

3. - Top - End - #303
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
    Out of curiosity have you played a mana using class since MOP?
    Yep, got my warlock to 90, and am working on my mage.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

4. - Top - End - #304
    Ogre in the Playground

Well ..... about rideable characters.

The fact that you guys like it don't mean I have to. I ask no one to agree with me, but I find the concept painful to contemplate.

I could go into an explanation of why - but I really don't think there's any point. Lets just agree that opinions on this vary, and we disagree.

5. - Top - End - #305

Quote Originally Posted by Acromos View Post
    Well ..... about rideable characters.

The fact that you guys like it don't mean I have to. I ask no one to agree with me, but I find the concept painful to contemplate.

I could go into an explanation of why - but I really don't think there's any point. Lets just agree that opinions on this vary, and we disagree.
    If you want to drop it that's fine, but I'm just confused that it even came up, as it's mostly a non-issue. I'll just fill you in on it, in case you've misheard about it and how it works and whatnot.

The options for a 'rideable character' are as follows:
    -Motorcycle-One driver, one passenger in sidecar
    -Mammoth-One driver, two passengers
    -Rockets-One driver, one passenger
    -Vial of the Stone Drake-Turns the bearer into a Dragon, passenger mounts, dragon is still the driver.
    -Druids-Stag travel form-Requires a Glyph (so you can choose to not have the feature if you don't want it), passenger rides on the back of the Druid, druid is the driver. The druid community actually asked for this one for quite some time.

Nothing in there is immersion breaking, save for maybe the motorcycle and rockets in a semi-fantasy setting.

As for in-game, it's mostly a non-event. I've never had anyone demand or beg a ride from me. There are people who sell services with them, but just like Mages selling portal service, it isn't really a huge thing. When I'm questing with my fiance, I'll occasionally bust out the motorcycle when she gets up to go to the bathroom, have her hop in, and when she get's back we are in town. It's handy, but not incredibly handy really. It's a mild convenience, not a major one.
    And riding along with someone can actually be kind of disorienting, especially if they are very 'twitchy' drivers. Hence why I usually just prefer to bust out my own mount, or fly, or whatever. At first I was kind of surprised that they didn't do it sooner (two people can ride a horse just fine in real life), but actually seeing it in action and how little the feature (appears to) see use, I sort of get it now.

If you have a beef with it, that's fine. I'm just sort of confused as to what that beef actually is, but if you don't want to share, that's okay too.
    If the party wizard can't survive a supersonic dragon made of iron at epic levels it's his own fault really.
    Side effects include coughing, sneezing, and other flu like symptoms, cancer, breathing water like a fish, loss of dignity, loss of balance, loss of bowel and bladder control."

6. - Top - End - #306
    Ettin in the Playground

When I first got my motorcycle, a few people asked me to take them for a ride. But within a month or so, that stopped.
    John Ling
    Frog God Games Lead Pathfinder Developer

Note: unless explicitly stated otherwise, opinions in my posts are my own and not those of Frog God Games.

7. - Top - End - #307

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Yep, got my warlock to 90, and am working on my mage.
    Okay, so is the "Intelligence doesn't add to mana anymore" thing level 90 only, or did I miss something?
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

8. - Top - End - #308

Lots of ways to mess with people with some of those mounts.
    -Pull up to edge of cliff. Dangle sidecar over edge. Driver gets off mount, laughs as passenger falls.
    -Drive off cliff. Driver get's off mount, turns out the driver is a Druid, who just turned into a bird and flew away. While you plummet to your death.
    -In Thunder Bluff, you can get yourself really really really far off the edge without falling. Far enough that if someone tries to jump out of the sidecar, they'll probably fall and die. Park like that. Go make a sammich or two.
    -While in Druid Stag form, I think you can still use your Hearthstone, or teleport to the moonglade. This may work for Vial of the Sands as well, I've never tested it. Go dump someone in an unexpected place.

@Mana
    Yeah, Int to Mana bar stopped with the MoP pre-patch, and it applies to all levels. Traab's example was refering to before that time I think.
    Last edited by Karoht; 2012-12-27 at 10:43 AM.

9. - Top - End - #309

Okay, so is the "Intelligence doesn't add to mana anymore" thing level 90 only, or did I miss something?
    Doh. Sorry about that. I honestly dont pay that much attention anymore so the change slipped my mind. Ugh. Ive been working with "int=mana" for so many years in this game its become a habit. I just had a flashback to when I first rolled my mage. I was in hillsbrad foothills and was getting killed while still mounted because I had so few hp if a couple things (like those damn yetis in the snowy region) took a swipe at me as I ran past it would be enough to kill/near kill me. So since I had the opposite problem myself and it was gear related, I instantly jumped to, "Well then sacrifice a little hp or attack power and boost your mana!" without remembering the change.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

10. - Top - End - #310
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    -In Thunder Bluff, you can get yourself really really really far off the edge without falling. Far enough that if someone tries to jump out of the sidecar, they'll probably fall and die. Park like that. Go make a sammich or two.
    I've never done anything like this, but this is my new favorite. Love it.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

If your buddy DCs while traveling in the dual-passenger mounts when he logs back in he will be in the same spot. There will be no protective parachute.

12. - Top - End - #312

Snored my way through MSV last night. Topped the healing meter all night. Sometimes by pretty good margin.

I always use Stone Guards as my 'tune up fight' of the night. I work my cooldowns, I spam heal a bit, I generally push my mana management rather than being conservative. I try to end the fight with 50K mana or less.
    Last night I hit 60K HPS while the other two healers were 40K and 20K respectively. It was awesome.

So for Christmas, my fiance bought me a nice new headset. My World of Warcraft headset served me well. Served me for tail end of Wrath, all of Cataclysm, and the first 2 months of Mists. I think it's time I retire her though. The replacement is a Steelseries Diablo 3 headset.

With any such upgrade, I tend to do a pass on my UI. So I'm probably going to do that on Sunday. Probably just going to run Elvui with Healbot and DBM. I've got NeedtoKnow running for an alert on something, but now it just feels unnecessary.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Bugbear in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

I might need to get a motorcycle. Between glyph of wings and bubble, that is some serious potential for shenanegins.
    Claspedchurches: This is a mudstone dwarven fortress. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encrusted with bauxite, studded with ice, decorated with gold, and adorned with hanging rings of magma. This fortress menaces with spikes of steel, iron, bronze, and silver. On the fortress is an image of an image of cheese in pitchblende.

On the fortress is an image of a megaweapon in gold, silver, jet, obsidian and adamantine. The goblins are burning.

14. - Top - End - #314

Snored my way through MSV last night. Topped the healing meter all night. Sometimes by pretty good margin.

I always use Stone Guards as my 'tune up fight' of the night. I work my cooldowns, I spam heal a bit, I generally push my mana management rather than being conservative. I try to end the fight with 50K mana or less.
    Last night I hit 60K HPS while the other two healers were 40K and 20K respectively. It was awesome
    That sounds like a lot of work. My priest friend just does Atonement Healing, pulls 30-40k dps and roughly the same amount in HPS. Is always 1st or 2nd on heals meters, and regularly places around 10th on DPS, and it's overall way easier than managing mana and ****.

15. - Top - End - #315

That sounds like a lot of work. My priest friend just does Atonement Healing, pulls 30-40k dps and roughly the same amount in HPS. Is always 1st or 2nd on heals meters, and regularly places around 10th on DPS, and it's overall way easier than managing mana and ****.
    Ah, Discipline Priests
    Complaining on the forums about Druids and Shamans being over powered.
    Never ever willing to discuss their own situation.

It's cool, they more or less got the short end of the stick on several encounters in Dragon Soul and Firelands, they earned their time in the sun says I.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Titan in the Playground

kay, got Pandaria.

and man is it hard but fun. Its like I need to fight every inch of the way while constantly fending off 1-3 mobs in the middle of happy asian pandaland, I bet the whole continent was designed as an ironic, lying backdrop to the death world it truly is. I'm level 89, and about to go through the Dread Wastes, or the part where Pandaria stops lying about itself, and truly shows you what kind of hell it really is.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2012-12-29 at 02:43 PM.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

17. - Top - End - #317
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    kay, got Pandaria.

and man is it hard but fun. Its like I need to fight every inch of the way while constantly fending off 1-3 mobs in the middle of happy asian pandaland, I bet the whole continent was designed as an ironic, lying backdrop to the death world it truly is. I'm level 89, and about to go through the Dread Wastes, or the part where Pandaria stops lying about itself, and truly shows you what kind of hell it really is.
    The difficulty is one part I'm really enjoying about this expansion as well(though I still haven't managed to get my rogue out of the intro part...anyone have tips for playing a combat spec rogue? He seems much more frail then my other characters[a dps monk, fire mage, survival hunter, and a tank/healer druid])
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

18. - Top - End - #318
    Bugbear in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Use the finishing move that does a HoT? Energize or whatever they call it?
    Claspedchurches: This is a mudstone dwarven fortress. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encrusted with bauxite, studded with ice, decorated with gold, and adorned with hanging rings of magma. This fortress menaces with spikes of steel, iron, bronze, and silver. On the fortress is an image of an image of cheese in pitchblende.

On the fortress is an image of a megaweapon in gold, silver, jet, obsidian and adamantine. The goblins are burning.

19. - Top - End - #319

Did you stop off at the auction house before heading for pandaria? That does make one hell of a difference. I also agree with iyaerP, that is a handy move for healing. Other than that just tough it out. I hate the starting area, you have to fight too many small groups of mobs for my taste. Oh sure my blood spec dk just eye rolled his way through it, but my rogue also had a bit of a hard time dealing with constant 2 on 1 fights and more.

20. - Top - End - #320

@Dread Wastes Questing
    Karoht (my raiding Resto Druid main) is not even half way through the Dread Wastes. I stopped when I hit 7-pull packs. If I accidentally hit 2 packs at the same time, or had quick respawns, I was usually in trouble.
    My advice if you want a less stressful experience with Dread Wastes.
    1-If you haven't finished every quest in every other zone, do that first.
    2-Go do every normal dungeon you have access too, at least once, and do the quests inside, the rewards are definitely worth it.
    3-If you hit 90, go and do the Arena Scenario, the weapon is a huge boost.

I recommend doing at least two of the three above before pushing on with Dread Wastes. Do NOT waste your money on the Auction House unless you find some exceptionally good bargains. Buying gear from the AH is almost always a spectacular waste of money.

"The part where it stops lying to itself..."
    Dude, the Yuongol became the dominant power in the mountains because they discovered oil and lit their enemies on fire. A lot. Napalm pretty much became their go-to problem solving tool. They're Tauren who turned into the Mongols with fire along with mounted archery.
    And how did they get there one might ask? Oh, well, when the world exploded from the destruction of the Well of Eternity (AKA The Sundering), they happened to be a wee bit too far south. And for whatever the reason, it is likely that no one bothered to make an effort to contact the lost tribe/s, and just assumed them killed in the explosion.
    The Mantid are not some mindless bug people race intent on eating everything they way the Silithid were. They are a cold and calculating race of bug people who use amber as incredibly effective weapons and magical boosters to kick the snot out of things. And eat people.
    Understand that while yes, we fought portions of the Burning Legion in BC, we never fought a highly organized army, it was scatterings of demons across an entire continent, and we kept them from being organized by killing their commanders, and cut off reinforcements where possible. And the Silithid were largely mindless bugs, out of control but contained within AQ. The Mantid are quite different from both of those things.
    The Pandarens have a culture of alcohol to encourage them to be friends and mellow out. The reality of that is, without the booze, chances are good that their society would have torn itself a part a long time ago, either due to infighting or the Sha. That culture of alcohol really goes to the core, and isn't this happy silly thing anyone thought it was.

When you get down to it, this place is pretty hardcore.
    Last edited by Karoht; 2012-12-31 at 08:31 AM.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Dwarf in the Playground

Seems like I barely played at all after getting the T13 glory achievement. Rolled a monk at the start of MoP, then barely touched it. My main (prot/ret pally) is only level 88. However, about three weeks ago I started seriously levelling my monk. I'm at 89 now, two or three more hours in the Dread Wastes should finally get me my first 90. I loved Brewmaster so much that I wrote a guide on it. Did most of 15-85 in dungeons, but in MoP I only did them as much as needed to get the drops. The fist weapons and polearm from Mogu'shan Palace gave me better itemized 450 weapons for both tanking and DPS than anything from the Arena scenario or the final monk quest. Brewmaster over all is very fun to play tanking spec. Very active, very mobile. Can't wait to get up to some LFR level gear and really stack on the crit and haste. I don't have class until February sixth and I already have the item level to go straight into heroic dungeons. I should probably read up on Operation Shieldwall too.

22. - Top - End - #322

Holy crap I love recruit a friend. Got my brother the battle chest for christmas, and now in less than 8 hours of play time, we've got a pair of level 40s thanks to the triple exp. This seems like an easy way to get another 2-3 80s over the next month (especially with the granted levels he can give me at the end, which can boost some of my alts I haven't played in a while to 80 automatically).

23. - Top - End - #323
    Ettin in the Playground

Did you stop off at the auction house before heading for pandaria? That does make one hell of a difference. I also agree with iyaerP, that is a handy move for healing. Other than that just tough it out. I hate the starting area, you have to fight too many small groups of mobs for my taste. Oh sure my blood spec dk just eye rolled his way through it, but my rogue also had a bit of a hard time dealing with constant 2 on 1 fights and more.
    Aye, I think I mat have not been using the healing finisher enough(and the multi-target fights at the start were the ones I'm having the most trouble with on him). He is geared(armour-wise anyway, as one of my 90's is a leatherworker), so the gear is probably not a problem(main stat for a rogue is agility, correct?)
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

24. - Top - End - #324
    Ogre in the Playground

Holy crap I love recruit a friend. Got my brother the battle chest for christmas, and now in less than 8 hours of play time, we've got a pair of level 40s thanks to the triple exp. This seems like an easy way to get another 2-3 80s over the next month (especially with the granted levels he can give me at the end, which can boost some of my alts I haven't played in a while to 80 automatically).
    yea the RAF is killer. When MoP released people were using the RAF levels to get level 80 pandas and monks in the first day.
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

25. - Top - End - #325

Does the raf also still have that auto leveler? I vaguely recall doing that myself. I got my mom hooked and we played together, then we created other alts and brought them up to a good level before playing them. I think it worked that, for every two levels you gained playing, you could auto level 1 on a different alt? Either way, raf was freaking insane.

26. - Top - End - #326

Does the raf also still have that auto leveler? I vaguely recall doing that myself. I got my mom hooked and we played together, then we created other alts and brought them up to a good level before playing them. I think it worked that, for every two levels you gained playing, you could auto level 1 on a different alt? Either way, raf was freaking insane.
    Yep. I'm planning to get 2 80s leveled with triple exp then one more from the free levels. (or level a bunch of my assorted level 40-60 alts to 80)

27. - Top - End - #327

Yep. I'm planning to get 2 80s leveled with triple exp then one more from the free levels. (or level a bunch of my assorted level 40-60 alts to 80)
    See now thats a good idea. I have a couple of low to mid 70s I would like to get out of frigging wotlk. I just cant drum up enough give a damn to make me want to run through those damn zones again. Maybe if I could manage to pull that off, I could bring myself to start playing my shaman again. Its been so long that when I logged in as him and saw like 90 hotkeys all over my screen, that I just logged back out. That was the guy I USED to have as my main back when I raided, did pvp, ran alot of dungeons, etc etc etc. So I had alot of action bars setup with different combos of spells. Half of them have gaps, the other half have different icons, and I just dont want to deal with translating all that.

28. - Top - End - #328
    Ettin in the Playground

Its been so long that when I logged in as him and saw like 90 hotkeys all over my screen, that I just logged back out. That was the guy I USED to have as my main back when I raided, did pvp, ran alot of dungeons, etc etc etc. So I had alot of action bars setup with different combos of spells. Half of them have gaps, the other half have different icons, and I just dont want to deal with translating all that.
    Aye I've had that happen before(encountered when I tried going on my old 85 paladin a few days ago), took me about an hour to get it straitened out again.
    Last edited by Togath; 2013-01-02 at 03:24 AM.
    Meow(Steam page)

29. - Top - End - #329

Elvui Setup
    So I decided to give Elvui a try on the weekend.
    Yeah, it's not for me.
    Upon loading in, the Addon walks you through a customization process. Except nothing is moveable at that time. You have to end the process, unlock a bunch of things, and then stuff is mobile.
    Also, it made changes that I'm not entirely sure why it made them. It changed all my fonts around, it changed my clock settings, it removed some abilities from my bars but left others. I'm also remarkably confused as to why a UI wanted to change my graphical settings. Why the heck did my shadow detail level matter to a UI?

I might fiddle with it again another day, but at the moment it is unlikely that I will get over some of these annoyances.
    Can anyone else recommend me a UI mod? Just something to clean up the appearance, make a few things more customizeable like button/bar placing, that kind of thing?

30. - Top - End - #330

Elvui Setup
    So I decided to give Elvui a try on the weekend.
    Yeah, it's not for me.
    Upon loading in, the Addon walks you through a customization process. Except nothing is moveable at that time. You have to end the process, unlock a bunch of things, and then stuff is mobile.
    Also, it made changes that I'm not entirely sure why it made them. It changed all my fonts around, it changed my clock settings, it removed some abilities from my bars but left others. I'm also remarkably confused as to why a UI wanted to change my graphical settings. Why the heck did my shadow detail level matter to a UI?

I might fiddle with it again another day, but at the moment it is unlikely that I will get over some of these annoyances.
    Can anyone else recommend me a UI mod? Just something to clean up the appearance, make a few things more customizeable like button/bar placing, that kind of thing?
    Have you tried Bartender?