New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: World of Warcraft XIV: Fish Felreed, and the Reed Pond fish

While trying to get shards for a guildmate's Shadowmourne (mostly bragging rights, at this point), I discovered that the Fury of Frostmourne ability that the Lich King uses deals "only" 1 million shadow damage.

My Blood DK is over 600k hp unbuffed. With Stamina and the +30% buff from the zone, that became 858k hp. So, between Will of the Necropolis, the flat damage reduction from Blood Presence and Bone Shield (I think Bone Shield may have been still up), I lived through it. And found out that while the whole rp routine is scripted (you do not interrupt the monologue), Terenas resurrecting the raid is dependent upon the encounter still being in progress. If the Lich King is no longer alive... the rest of the raid stays dead.

Three-drake Sarth also proved soloable. Although in blood spec it was a challenge to beat when the Shadron acolyte shows up and makes Sarth immune, I was eventually able to do so by deliberately building up Vengeance by standing in fire. (My frost spec, while much higher on damage, couldn't take the low health enrage melee hits from Sarth and Tenebron long enough to make the kill.) Probably not new news to anyone, but I actually finally got the drake off of the boss...

Raiding seems to be slowing as we've had roster churn. Still in Heart of Fear. I've spent far too much time on pet battles (no, really, I am only one pet shy of Zookeeper...).

I think that taking a couple weeks off over the holidays made the game more fun again.
    "Chess, like love, like music, has the power to make men happy." --Siegbert Tarrasch

2. - Top - End - #392
    Ettin in the Playground

Which of the level 90 gems tend to be valuable(valuable being "often sells for at least twice vender price")?
    On my jewelcrafting I've only been able to actually get anyone to buy (level 90 blue rarity)gems when I price them at about 1-5 gold...
    Am I just selling the wrong ones? Or are non-mount(usually in the AH for 30-50k, with the combo one going for 120-300k)/pet(usually 2-8k) jewelcrafting recipes just not profitable this expansion?
    Semi-related; do items with 3k+ gold prices actually tend to sell? Or do they usually just end up reposted?
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

3. - Top - End - #393
    Ettin in the Playground

sorry for double posting.
    *is there any way to report an entire account?, I just encountered not only a bot, but also a case of hacking(characters used by it were identical level 85 paladins, in the same gear, in the same spot, without any talent points or glyphs, camping an outland merchant for at least an hour on end).
    On the plus side, at least the botter was too stupid to know about pandaria, and therefore could only buy things from the merchant that were available in the "paladin" tab.
    Last edited by Togath; 2013-01-20 at 03:06 PM.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

4. - Top - End - #394
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    sorry for double posting.
    *is there any way to report an entire account?, I just encountered not only a bot, but also a case of hacking(characters used by it were identical level 85 paladins, in the same gear, in the same spot, without any talent points or glyphs, camping an outland merchant for at least an hour on end).
    On the plus side, at least the botter was too stupid to know about pandaria, and therefore could only buy things from the merchant that were available in the "paladin" tab.
    Just report each name. The account will get banned if he is breaking the rules.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

5. - Top - End - #395
    Ogre in the Playground

I finally decided to depart from my old guild and server. While having everyone see me and say "Wow, there are still Greywolves around?" was nice, every time just reminded me that so many people whom I knew on the server had left, and how lonely I was there.

So I moved to Argent Dawn (EU) and found myself and nice new guild, all of whom seem very friendly. I've even started practicing my healing spec again, which I haven't done in months. I'm reminded much more now of how fun this game can be once you're enjoying it with friends instead of on your own.

On another note: Does anyone know of a good guide to Elemental PvP? Most of what I find on google seems to be qq about how bad they are at it.
    Last edited by Aidan305; 2013-01-21 at 04:35 AM.

6. - Top - End - #396
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aidan305 View Post
    On another note: Does anyone know of a good guide to ~snip~
    www.icy-veins.com
    Sorry, I got behind on my weekly plugs.
    www.tankspot.com <---They do have a pretty decent PvP community, non-vitriolic.

So, Karoht is finally rocking a 4pc T14 Resto Set. Yes, it was totally worth swapping out my 496 gloves for a 483 piece. Why? Because having Swiftmend/Efflorescence on a 12 second CD instead of a 15 second CD? Adds up to a surprisingly high amount of extra healing over the course of a 6 minute fight.

I'm only 8 dungeon achievements away from getting my the meta. As such I've started on Cloud Serpent dailies. Rather fun those.
    Also, I should be done my Dominance Offensive dailies by the end of the week. My next story part is the Purge of Dalaran, I can't wait to see how that goes down.

Spoiler-y bit under spoiler tag:
    Spoiler
    Show

Yeup. Sadly the neutrality of the Sunreavers is pretty much chucked out the window with their involvement in Darnassus, helping the Horde steal the Divine Bell back. I can see why Jaina would be ticked off. As to the degree she takes it to in the retaliation? Well, I have to wait and see that part. I've heard rumors, but don't spoil it for me.
    ~~Courage is not the lack of fear~~
    Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    If the party wizard can't survive a supersonic dragon made of iron at epic levels it's his own fault really.
    "In soviet dungeon, aboleth farms you!"
    "Please consult your DM before administering Steve brand Aboleth Mucus.
    Ask your DM if Aboleth Mucus is right for you.
    Side effects include coughing, sneezing, and other flu like symptoms, cancer, breathing water like a fish, loss of dignity, loss of balance, loss of bowel and bladder control."

7. - Top - End - #397

I hated the cloud serpent dailies. Once I got to the flying through rings thing, I kept getting lost and unable to figure out what the hell I was doing. I didnt have anyone else to race against so I couldnt really "see" the actual course.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

8. - Top - End - #398
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    So, Karoht is finally rocking a 4pc T14 Resto Set. Yes, it was totally worth swapping out my 496 gloves for a 483 piece. Why? Because having Swiftmend/Efflorescence on a 12 second CD instead of a 15 second CD? Adds up to a surprisingly high amount of extra healing over the course of a 6 minute fight.
    I finally got my 2-piece DK tanking set bonus after downing Empress for the first time last night. I never even got the LFR versions, my luck is terrible. The 40 second cooldown on Vampiric Blood is amazing. Unfortunately the itemization on the chestpiece is kind of bad, but two yellow sockets makes up for it. Worth it for the 2-piece though.

Also, we killed Protectors of the Endless on elite mode on our second try. Is it supposed to be that easy? Like, holy crap, that was super duper easy. I imagine they made the elite mode with heroic in mind, but still. Anyways, got the tanking necklace off of them (503!) which brought my ilvl up to 494.
    “Sometimes, immersed in his books, there would come to him
    the awareness of all that he did not know, of all that he had not read;
    and the serenity for which he labored was shattered as he realized the
    little time he had in life to read so much, to learn what he had to know.”
    ~Stoner, John Williams~
    My Homebrew (Most Recent) | Forum Rules
    /veɪnoɚ/

9. - Top - End - #399
    Ettin in the Playground

A lore question;
    What is it about Garrosh that makes people think of him as evil?, He seems more angry/warrior-ish than evil, and at the point I am in with pandaria quests he is now seeking an artifact that "stirs the hearts of allies, and brings fear to enemies", which sounds like the sort of thing any warrior-king would seek.
    The main argument I've seen is people claiming what he did with the trolls was evil...but is it really evil to be worried if all of the trolls went evil, including previously allied ones, excluding only a single tribe? Wouldn't that tribe seem pretty suspicious?
    As for why he's so angry...well, he's a berserker(lol), combined with the whole "having his homeland/world destroyed and his village slaughtered" thing.
    Last edited by Togath; 2013-01-21 at 08:13 PM.
    Meow(Steam page)

10. - Top - End - #400
    Titan in the Playground

do Daggers in the Dark scenario, and you'll find out what Garrosh's true colors are.

I'm not spoiling though.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

11. - Top - End - #401

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    do Daggers in the Dark scenario, and you'll find out what Garrosh's true colors are.

I'm not spoiling though.
    Can we get a spoilerblock description of what happens there for those of us without a Horde toon?
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

12. - Top - End - #402
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
    Can we get a spoilerblock description of what happens there for those of us without a Horde toon?
    kay.

Spoiler
    Show

Basically, Vol'jin and you discover that the Saurok were created by Mogu, Garroshes lackey comes and says that created warriors is exactly what Garrosh wants, then tries to kill you both so they can then go find the secret to creating Saurok without you interfering, you defeat the lackey, and then you and Vol'jin swear a blood oath about killing Garrosh.

also, if anyone ever begins an ICC run, add me at Ganrez#1109. hopefully I'll be on my warlock to run it.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2013-01-22 at 12:17 AM.

13. - Top - End - #403
    Orc in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Might be an odd question but i'll ask it anyway.

What do people do on a daily basis on WoW and do you find these things fun? This isn't an attack on daily quests or anything like that, i'm more just curious.

I'll give myself as an example just to show what I mean. If I log on for an average day I tend to find myself running a heroic or 2 to help my priest friend grab his weapon, then I tend to play 10-15 arena games followed by a bg or two.

My gear is only just good enough for LFR if I run it in full PVP gear. My dps in that gear, with a few pieces of PVE thrown in, is about 35k on an average boss fight that isn't tank and spank. No idea how i'll hold up in LFR but I might give it a run.

If my friend isn't online, which happens once or twice a week, I tend to level an alt.

Also, as an aside, it is so difficult to get members for a new guild. I've managed to level up the current one i'm in to level 4 in about a week or so, with help from friends though i'm the largest contributor. But people just don't seem interested in joining guilds that aren't already level 25, which I guess is understandable in a way but it's impossible to get a community started up.

14. - Top - End - #404
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Talesin View Post
    Might be an odd question but i'll ask it anyway.

What do people do on a daily basis on WoW and do you find these things fun? This isn't an attack on daily quests or anything like that, i'm more just curious.
    Two weeks ago I'd have done whatever faction dailies I'm doing today, run a dungeon, and maybe LFR if I hadn't already done it.
    Would I have found it fun? Maybe, but probably not unless it was something I hadn't done before. Once my main questing was finished, I found a lot less appeal in the game.

Having moved to a much more active server now, however, and having joined an active guild, I find myself once again taking time to enjoy the smaller things in the game, watching the details, finding groups for old raids, chatting in trade and guild chat, and just generally hanging around in Thunder Bluff and watching the world go by.

It's astonishing the difference these things can make to the games enjoyability.

With regard to guild levels and people joining - people look at a number of factors when joining a guild. The level of the guild shows that it has been active with a moderate membership for long enough to reach a high level. This makes this the first thing people look at. From there you look at guild achievements and activity level of membership. If a guild is small and only has one or two people, it means that throughout the game you're only going to have a couple of people online to talk with. A lot of people want a more social experience out of the game and so they look for a larger guild with an active membership because (certainly in my case) that ensures that there will be a greater chance of the guild itself being active and doing stuff.

15. - Top - End - #405

I knew going into the expansion that the faction grind could potentially be pretty intensive. Thanks beta access.
    So I decided that, rather than doing what I did in the other expansions where I would race to get all the reps maxed out ASAP, I chose instead to take on only 2 factions at a time, maximum.
    I also didn't rush to finish all the zones to get Loremaster of Pandaria. I left myself a few strategically placed story arcs to finish when I felt like it.

So, did I get stressed out about reps and gear and whatnot? Nope, not all all, not with LFR on the horizon at the time. And trust me, the current Valor gear isn't worth paying for, save for the instance that it gets you faster access to LFR to get better gear in there. So it is rather nice taking each and every faction at my own leisurely pace. If I finish dailies by the end of the expansion, I'm fine with that. I'm a guy riding around on mounts from heroic content and meta achievements. What do I need these new mounts (that I have to pay lots of gold to obtain) for? What's my hurry? Nothin! Thats what.

As such, I'm probably finished the Offensive today or tomorrow, then it's on to Klaxxi or Shado-Pan dailies. I hear that the best story is tucked into the Shado-Pan stuff, which has me pretty excited.

What do I do on a given day? One round of dailies, maybe two. Maybe play with my farm and do those dailies. Hit up LFR and hope for my last two upgrades out of there. Go dungeon achievement hunting with friends/guildies, soon to be scenario achievement hunting, followed by Challenge Modes. I figure by the time I have all that taken care of, I might have time and inclination to try out Brawler's Guild.

If I were to exhaust all of that any time soon, between now and 5.2, I would likely spend time doing Argent Tournament dailies to farm up marks and buy the pets (still a good sell on the AH), maybe solo a certain pair of Cataclysm dungeons for a mount, that's about all for now. With 5.2 content coming up, I'll find something to do on a daily basis I'm sure, and not just dailies either.
    If the party wizard can't survive a supersonic dragon made of iron at epic levels it's his own fault really.
    Side effects include coughing, sneezing, and other flu like symptoms, cancer, breathing water like a fish, loss of dignity, loss of balance, loss of bowel and bladder control."

16. - Top - End - #406
    Titan in the Playground

well I've tried doing Golden Lotus, Anglers and Argent Tournament dailies all at the same time….but after a while, it just was too much work. I think I'll stick to Golden Lotus and Anglers rep for now and get back to the Argent Tournament someday else. two rep dailies are a good limit, as you said Karoht.

17. - Top - End - #407

Golden Lotus is the worst. It's literally like doing 3 sets of dailies for any other faction all at once. I hate doing it, even with the +100% rep bonus for alts. (I'm currently in the process of gearing up my paladin, 2 weeks since he hit 90, already ilvl 475, with a neck as his only green item)
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

18. - Top - End - #408
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, I had another terrible experience with a Game Master today.

19. - Top - End - #409
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh? What happened? Poor GMing skills? Or just unable to help you out with your problem?

20. - Top - End - #410
    Ettin in the Playground

I'd like to hear the tale, too. I've never had anything but good experiences with the GMs.
    John Ling
    Frog God Games Lead Pathfinder Developer

Note: unless explicitly stated otherwise, opinions in my posts are my own and not those of Frog God Games.

21. - Top - End - #411
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, it all starts yesterday when me and my girlfriend were on our Pandaren Monks. We had just finished all the quests in Ratchet the day before and were beginning to spread out through the Southern Barrens to continue questing (specifically we were grinding up to 40+ so that the two of us could duo-solo Gnomer). We follow the quest chains all the way to Front Command, or whatever that hub zone is called, and pick up the initial quests and go about having fun.

Thinks are all great until I'm walking by this hill where the Horde grunts are fighting Alliance grunts. I'm killing time till my girl shows up, since she went herbing and exploring, and decide I'll go kill some Horde scum. Little do I realize though, till it's too late, that these aren't regular NPC mobs and that there's an Undead Warrior who's higher than me amongst them. I slaughter the mobs but notice too late that I'm flagged for PvP and the guy ends up killing me. My girl shows up shortly after, no clue what is going on and attempts to rezz me.

Cue her flag going up and the Warrior pounces on her and kills her flat dead before she realizes what has happened and before my screen has even loaded. I manage to get some distance away before the Warrior kills me again with his stunlocks. He then precedes to camp her body and keep his flag up. I rezz again at my corpse, jump on my turtle and approach so that I'm just at the range of seeing the hill loaded on my screen. I figure that I'll go in and buy time for her to escape, since she's stuck in the middle of all this crap and has no clue why she got killed.

The Warrior sees me apparently and spends the next few minutes trying to gank me, even though I made no aggressive moves since he killed me the second time. I manage to juke him long enough for my girl to rezz, mount and make a bee line for our quest hub and it's level 90 guards. I follow suit and the guy stops just outside the hub, since he knows he'll get murderstomped.

Of course, he has to take this much farther than necessary and calls in one of his 90 friends from his guild. By this time our flags are down, so we're in no danger, but she proceeds to camp the hub, slaughtering only the 90 guards and quest giving NPCs, specifically to prevent us from questing further. And she only stays for as long as we're there and only returns once we come back after managing to snag quests in-between the NPC respawning and her slaughtering them again.

My girl is distressed at this, since she very much enjoys the time we spend playing WoW together and she enjoys it even more so when it's the precious time before she has to go to her **** job until midnight. I get fed up as well after getting no help from any Ally 90s (who are in the zone) and open up a ticket.

Basic Faction Rivalry Dickery, but it gets worse.

The GM who handles the ticket, Oillennchell, makes it painfully apparent that he either didn't actually read my ticket or didn't actually investigate anything about the incident. I gave the character, guild and server name for the Hordie (as well as much information about the time, behavior, part of the zone, etc. as I could) who was harassing us and a 10 second search on their own website with just the name of them shows that they're Horde. He tells me to, in the future, click on the character, select Report Player and select "Language". He then proceeds to show me how to read up on reporting harassing language and how to use the language filter. And the ticket is then checked off as answered. You can't freaking report other faction players for Language, because you can't communicate with the other faction outside of the basic package emotes; which is blatantly common knowledge for anyone who's played the game for any actual length of time.

Mind you, the GM I talked to today, Lyveth, was much more personable and apologized up and down for the poor customer service I received and promised that she would look into both incidents.

Like I said, the Hordie being a jerk was expected, but not my basic belittlement by the Game Master.
    Last edited by Tanuki Tales; 2013-01-23 at 08:54 PM.

22. - Top - End - #412
    Ettin in the Playground

That sounds normal to me.
    I don't see the problem with what he was doing, seems perfectly fine to me, it's just standard ganking, the way out is to not keep putting your flag up.
    The GM was bad, but the hordie was fine.
    Last edited by Togath; 2013-01-23 at 09:11 PM.
    Meow(Steam page)

23. - Top - End - #413
    Ettin in the Playground

That sounds normal to me.
    I don't see the problem with what he was doing, seems perfectly fine to me, it's just standard ganking, the way out is to not keep putting your flag up.
    The GM was bad, but the hordie was fine.
    Well, seeing as I started this with, "Well, I had another terrible experience with a Game Master today", I don't think the Hordie's behavior was ever the main issue.
    Last edited by Tanuki Tales; 2013-01-23 at 09:16 PM.

24. - Top - End - #414
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tanuki Tales View Post
    Well, seeing as I started this with, "Well, I had another terrible experience with a Game Master today", I don't think the Hordie's behavior was ever the main issue.
    Ah, missed that bit.
    At least the second GM was more understanding.
    Last edited by Togath; 2013-01-23 at 09:55 PM.
    Meow(Steam page)

25. - Top - End - #415
    Ettin in the Playground

Ah, missed that bit.
    And hate to nitpick, the ganking wasn't the problem I reported in the first place. I brought that completely on myself when I rushed in without checking the mobs to see if they had PvP under them, especially since I had did the same quest the guy was doing no more than 20 minutes ago.

It was his level 90 friend specifically murdering quest givers just to prevent me and my gal from being able to quest. That's textbook harassment.

At least the second GM was more understanding.
    Yeah, I'm glad she was too.

26. - Top - End - #416
    Ettin in the Playground

This has reminded me something I've been trying to remember to ask;
    Are the Blasted Lands filled with(most of the time anyway, with about 8 hour breaks from 12pm to 8am server time as far as I can tell) level 70-85alliance(all of them pvp flagged despite the server I encountered them being non-pvp) running around killing anything attackable(including quest targets, quest givers, guards, and random mobs wandering around), even if it was being fought by someone else, common on all most servers/battle groups?,
    It gets very annoying trying to get a character through the level 55-58 gap with all of the quest targets and mobs being killed on sight by level 70-85 alliance, and has made me consider switching servers just so i don't have to go through that nightmare whenever I make an alt.
    Last edited by Togath; 2013-01-24 at 12:20 AM.
    Meow(Steam page)

27. - Top - End - #417
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
    Golden Lotus is the worst. It's literally like doing 3 sets of dailies for any other faction all at once. I hate doing it, even with the +100% rep bonus for alts. (I'm currently in the process of gearing up my paladin, 2 weeks since he hit 90, already ilvl 475, with a neck as his only green item)
    yea. only 110 rep per quest, repeating "kill 8 mogu" quests, stupid egotistical Ren Firetongue….

ugh. in fact let me make a demotivator to express my distaste:

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #418

This has reminded me something I've been trying to remember to ask;
    Are the Blasted Lands filled with(most of the time anyway, with about 8 hour breaks from 12pm to 8am server time as far as I can tell) level 70-85alliance(all of them pvp flagged despite the server I encountered them being non-pvp) running around killing anything attackable(including quest targets, quest givers, guards, and random mobs wandering around), even if it was being fought by someone else, common on all most servers/battle groups?,
    It gets very annoying trying to get a character through the level 55-58 gap with all of the quest targets and mobs being killed on sight by level 70-85 alliance, and has made me consider switching servers just so i don't have to go through that nightmare whenever I make an alt.
    Honestly? I have never seen that happen on my server, though I HAVE seen every once in awhile a bored high level doing that sort of thing at quest hubs and towns. Hell, ive done it myself as a challenge. "Exactly how much of this town can I conquer solo?" But permacamping zones for hours on end? No.

As for Tanuki, yeah that sucks, chances are there was some random keyword in your ticket that triggered a canned response from a lazy gm. I have had that happen before. Worst part is, the thing you DID complain about is generally treated as not a problem because, and I quote, "there is a pvp solution" They then proceed to ignore the fact that you already tried the pvp solution and noone on your side cares enough to help out.

Next time, just wait 5 minutes before rezzing. Apparently you made the guy feel all kinds of butthurt over the fact that the ickle lowbies escaped his grasp so he had to teach you a lesson. Dont even give him the chance to kill you again, just get a drink, come back in 5 minutes rezz and move on. Generally that ends things. In this case, resistance is worse than futile, it actually makes things worse. Like thrashing around in shark infested waters. Just play dead and go passive.

29. - Top - End - #419
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Honestly? I have never seen that happen on my server, though I HAVE seen every once in awhile a bored high level doing that sort of thing at quest hubs and towns. Hell, ive done it myself as a challenge. "Exactly how much of this town can I conquer solo?" But permacamping zones for hours on end? No.
    Yeah, I've never seen that happen myself. I mean, I fly my main (86 Dwarf Warrior) around Blasted Lands all the time, but that's because I'm farming the rare spawns for their sphere drops. I do notice a lot of high level Hordes from time to time, but I think they're there for battle pets.

As for Tanuki, yeah that sucks, chances are there was some random keyword in your ticket that triggered a canned response from a lazy gm. I have had that happen before. Worst part is, the thing you DID complain about is generally treated as not a problem because, and I quote, "there is a pvp solution" They then proceed to ignore the fact that you already tried the pvp solution and noone on your side cares enough to help out.
    Yeah, I didn't figure anything would actually get done. Blizzard tends to throw you to the wolves 9/10; not realizing that, generally, no one on your side cares if you're being camped or stalked or your time just being ruined for the sheer reason that you're breathing and happen to have your flag up for any reason and even after it goes down. So unless you're part of a big guild, you're SoL.

Next time, just wait 5 minutes before rezzing. Apparently you made the guy feel all kinds of butthurt over the fact that the ickle lowbies escaped his grasp so he had to teach you a lesson. Dont even give him the chance to kill you again, just get a drink, come back in 5 minutes rezz and move on. Generally that ends things. In this case, resistance is worse than futile, it actually makes things worse. Like thrashing around in shark infested waters. Just play dead and go passive.
    Oh, I know. But, as I mentioned, my gal has precious little time before work and she doesn't like wasting a single second she could be questing with me. Thanks though.

30. - Top - End - #420

Quote Originally Posted by Tanuki Tales View Post
    The GM who handles the ticket, Oillennchell, makes it painfully apparent that he either didn't actually read my ticket or didn't actually investigate anything about the incident.
    Mind you, the GM I talked to today, Lyveth, was much more personable and apologized up and down for the poor customer service I received and promised that she would look into both incidents.
    Like I said, the Hordie being a jerk was expected, but not my basic belittlement by the Game Master.
    Well, at least that got resolved. Sure, you may have sent a ticket that a GM couldn't really action, but at least s/he could have read the darned thing properly.

A friend of mine works in customer service with Blizzard, handles phone, email, and in game tickets. Got his 5 year service award just a few weeks back, in addition to the awards he's won over the years. He shakes his head when he hears about stuff like this.