Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: World of Warcraft XIV: Fish Felreed, and the Reed Pond fish

Hmm unsure if our Recount logs Aura Mastery... but for damage... well we cleared yesterday but... Stone Guard, good dps #1 in recount. Feng and Garajal were... well it sucked. 58/59k dps and 60k dps. While the Warlock is rocking on his higher dps (unsure because we rushed on, so I couldn't track everything). Uptime was 100% for Garajal and 99%/96% for Feng. I installed HaloPro now to get better usage of my Halo but I hardly believe that this makes a difference of over 50%. My thoughts are: my equipment isn't that suited for this... in one fight I had to fight with our Warrior and our Monk-Tank but I'm not sure if it was a kill or just a wipe try.
    Our Monk-Tank got his Pandaria Epic-Achievement yesterday... I got a nice Leg item that I will be changing for the T-Set Legs as soon as I get them. Well Spirit Mastery... while I need haste badly.
    I know not every item can/should be BiS... but at least an alternative would be nice. Instead I have 1 Boss where I have to fight for 2 Items with the 2 other cloth-dds (luckily one of them had it as bonus loot already). And one item from other bosses... where the others already have them/don't need them... We already disenchant stuff... not like the Sha-Crystals of that won't be used for enchants...actually I'm thinking about dropping alchemy or herbalism and get Enchantment... but then I would need to get a twink of mine to 90 to farm some herbs for potions and stuff...

@Karoth, have you thought about switching servers to a better timezone?
    Have a nice Day,
    Krazzman

Currently Playing:
    Drako:[3.5] Human Warblade 3/Fighter 2(Hiatus)
    Desmond:[3.5] Human Cleric of Tymora 3/Warlock 1(Hiatus)
    Nikolas:[PF] Human Sage Sorcerer 11(Hiatus)
    Tokias:[PF] Tiefling Heretic Lamashtu Inquisitor 4
    "Ed"uardo:[3.5] Azurin Totemist 4(Hiatus)
    Garm Frost(currently called Hinz):[SWSE] Human Scout1/Jedi3

2. - Top - End - #62
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzman View Post
    @Karoth, have you thought about switching servers to a better timezone?
    It's been a very solid consideration.
    I need to move a minimum of 3 characters, plus my fiance and whoever she wants to move. Not something I have the money for right now.

I haven't quite got to the point where I'm spamming trade channel looking for a guild with more favorable times. I think I'll spend this weekend pugging normal mode and see where I get with things, drop hints that I'm looking for a guild, etc. If that doesn't get me any leads, then I'll think about changing up.

Krazz, was that an invitation by any chance?

@Professions
    Yeah, I highly recommend Alchemy and Enchanting. Specifically, I would put Tailoring + Enchanting on a clothie character you plan on playing, and leave Alch + Something on someone else. Though, Alch + LW on Karoht is pretty darned awesome. I should have made this switch ages ago.
    As for leveling up crafting professions, in reality it is very possible to do it now by just buying materials. My jewelcrafter went from 525-575 on 3 stacks of green quality gems, which I picked up for under 100g total. 1-300 sucks but it isn't as bad as 1-300 Blacksmithing, and from 375 onward it just gets easier and easier. I'm confident that oen could level jewelcrafting from 1-max for under 2K if you were clever about your purchases and followed an up to date guide.
    Right now none of my characters with gathering professions are leveled beyond 85. But all my crafting professions are maxed or very close. Yeah.
    Last edited by Karoht; 2012-11-09 at 11:20 AM.
    ~~Courage is not the lack of fear~~
    Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    If the party wizard can't survive a supersonic dragon made of iron at epic levels it's his own fault really.
    "In soviet dungeon, aboleth farms you!"

3. - Top - End - #63
    Troll in the Playground

I've given up. I'm going to try the 10 day trial of MoP and maybe even level past 81. But I'll probably wind up leveling alts anyways. So that. And It'll take an hour just to re-relearn druid. Augh.
    Warning: I'm bad at making sensical statements. Readers of this post, beware.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

Many thanks piled to Teddy's Skeetches for custom avatar.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    It's been a very solid consideration.
    I need to move a minimum of 3 characters, plus my fiance and whoever she wants to move. Not something I have the money for right now.

I haven't quite got to the point where I'm spamming trade channel looking for a guild with more favorable times. I think I'll spend this weekend pugging normal mode and see where I get with things, drop hints that I'm looking for a guild, etc. If that doesn't get me any leads, then I'll think about changing up.

Krazz, was that an invitation by any chance?

@Professions
    Yeah, I highly recommend Alchemy and Enchanting. Specifically, I would put Tailoring + Enchanting on a clothie character you plan on playing, and leave Alch + Something on someone else. Though, Alch + LW on Karoht is pretty darned awesome. I should have made this switch ages ago.
    As for leveling up crafting professions, in reality it is very possible to do it now by just buying materials. My jewelcrafter went from 525-575 on 3 stacks of green quality gems, which I picked up for under 100g total. 1-300 sucks but it isn't as bad as 1-300 Blacksmithing, and from 375 onward it just gets easier and easier. I'm confident that oen could level jewelcrafting from 1-max for under 2K if you were clever about your purchases and followed an up to date guide.
    Right now none of my characters with gathering professions are leveled beyond 85. But all my crafting professions are maxed or very close. Yeah.
    Sadly no. We don't need a Heal Druid atm and we play on a German server... + I am not in a position to give raidslots... in December we will leave our guild and make something together with a Holy Priest and a Prot-Paladin.
    Switching proffessions... the main point against this is... I would have to depend on my GF strongly... which I dislike, as she hates farming and I can't play with her UI...
    My main Concern is that I just paid 10k for the Darkmoon card. And I am now at 31k Gold (all chars added up) and I dislike skilling through AH... costs too much.
    Have a nice Day,
    Krazzman

Currently Playing:

5. - Top - End - #65
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    I've given up. I'm going to try the 10 day trial of MoP and maybe even level past 81. But I'll probably wind up leveling alts anyways. So that. And It'll take an hour just to re-relearn druid. Augh.
    Cat, boomkin, and tree druids are about the same as always, though wardens are different
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sawagakure: Village Hidden by the Valley Marsh
    OOC: I, IC: Team 1(I), Team 2(I)
    Lereth: Stormport
    OOC: I, IC: I
    Verden
    Homebrewer's Link(+PBP)

Modding in the Playground ^w^

6. - Top - End - #66

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    Cat, boomkin, and tree druids are about the same as always, though wardens are different
    Yeah, we were lucky, we didn't see incredible differences in how we play, apart from Bear. Bear has some pretty radical designs. I recommend a guide site if I were you.
    www.icy-veins.com
    Oh look, my weekly plug!
    If the party wizard can't survive a supersonic dragon made of iron at epic levels it's his own fault really.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Halfling in the Playground

Another week of attendance problems. Tuesday we breeze though the first 4 bosses. Next day we can't find anyone to help us with elegon (next time we recruit, we have to know that 6/6 may mean 6/6 LFR). We haven't had much practice on him, but from other runs people have done on him they haven't gotten past enrage. Haven't even tried HoF as we've heard it is really hard, and trying to get people to come for long raids is not easy.

Personally, I got though the last of the NPC pet battles, and I don't really feel like trying to level up more pets to 25. I don't do enough dailies anymore to get valor capped so I need to do dungeons to catch up.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

Haha, hit 83. IM SO PROUD OF MYSELF. I almost took 2 Ally pallies, there was a massive bunch wandering through Hyjal today with asdefrvd keyboard smack-names. I play with myself flagged (I try to challenge to duels so there isn't the 'dying' thing, though) because PvP server memories. I then cruelly pounced one of them when she was alone with a magic bear-charge of doom. And then summoned a quest-summon-mob-guy-item on her corpse and flew away. 'Cuz evil.
    I might be able to get some heirlooms someday. What's the fastes way to get them, outside of the guild-pure-gold-purchase that you need revered with to get? I'm gonna level a pally and find out what the hell they do, ebcause my two paladins 45/64... I dunno how to make their Ui and I don't want to spend the time digging through it.
    Warning: I'm bad at making sensical statements. Readers of this post, beware.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

Many thanks piled to Teddy's Skeetches for custom avatar.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground

That reminds me, how does halfhill inn work on pvp servers?, on PvE servers it's open to pvp(I've managed to get at least 8 kills with my hunter by ambushing people in the inn, or by chasing people into it), but I can't see how anyone could log out there on a pvp server
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sawagakure: Village Hidden by the Valley Marsh
    OOC: I, IC: Team 1(I), Team 2(I)
    Lereth: Stormport
    Verden
    Homebrewer's Link(+PBP)

Modding in the Playground ^w^

10. - Top - End - #70
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    What's the fastes way to get them, outside of the guild-pure-gold-purchase that you need revered with to get? I'm gonna level a pally and find out what the hell they do, ebcause my two paladins 45/64... I dunno how to make their Ui and I don't want to spend the time digging through it.
    Honor or JP. Honors probably faster (though theres only 2 or 3 for it)

Its not hard to get revered with a guild, or get the money for BoAs. I got all 3 dps leather pieces in a day, then got the shoulders from the darkmoon faire. All funded by selling pets and and going thru jade forest.
    Last edited by Antonok; 2012-11-10 at 09:57 AM.
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Joke of the Day: A Roman walks into a bar, holds up 2 fingers and says, 'Five drinks please.'

If you ever think English isn't a screwed up language, just remember that read and lead rhyme and read and lead rhyme, but read and lead don't rhyme and neither do read and lead.

Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile Anything there is pretty much up for trade

11. - Top - End - #71

Found a guild.
    Thurs-Fri-Sun, monday is optional day, 1am -3am server. Which works very well for me.
    They run 3x 10 groups. Also, Tues and Wed are probably going to be dedicated Challenge Mode days.

Excellent.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

Found a guild.
    Thurs-Fri-Sun, monday is optional day, 1am -3am server. Which works very well for me.
    They run 3x 10 groups. Also, Tues and Wed are probably going to be dedicated Challenge Mode days.

Excellent.
    Congratulations. I ditched Herbalism for Enchanting... cost me about 3 or 4k gold and now am nearly max skilled (and haven't sold anything yet).
    Have a nice Day,
    Krazzman

Currently Playing:

13. - Top - End - #73

Remember, sell your Enchants and Mats on tuesday. Just don't be the first to list them. By Wednesday, the prices drop due to undercutting, though mat prices tend to stay pretty stable.

Have a Jewelcrafter friend with lots of green quality gems and no idea what to do with them?
    Have your friend turn the gems into green quality rings/amulets. They occasionally get lucky and proc a blue quality sometimes. Either way, disenchanting those items tends to yield really well for materials, about 3-4 dust on average, and an essence about 1-10. Sell dust or make into enchants, sell, give your friend a cut, enjoy.
    As for compensating your friend, there is a hassle free way to do it.
    A stack of green quality gems will yield about 20g vendor price (I think that's if they cut them, not uncut). That's a stack mind you, not individual gems.
    I give my fiance 4x the vendor price to give me disenchantables. 80G to 100G for 20 green quality items (and a few blues) to disenchant isn't bad. It's quick math, it doesn't rely on me selling, and gives me a price point for the materials that works. It works out to around 5g per item, and with 3 dusts per item, it means I'm paying 1.6g per dust, better or 'lucky' results not withstanding.
    I also compensate my fiance further by growing more of the Ore on my farm (all my farms will be Ore producing soon, except for Karoht who will be Mote/Spirit producing once the others are up and running) which just means I get more supply, more consistantly, and faster. It does the job rather nicely.
    Dust pricing under this model, means my break even point on dusts is 2g or less. I try not to sell them unless the average price is 3g or better. As for convenience pricing, I recommend stacks of 4, for some reason they always seem to sell better than stacks of 5, even with the same price, or a slight discount on the stacks of 5.

As for specific Enchants, the best seller I've found has been Windsong. DPS and Heals use it, sometimes tanks use it, so there is a broad market. My second best seller has been the off-hand intelligence booster. My third best is probably Pandaren Step (Mastery + Movement on boot).

Once you have the rep for it (August Celestials, revered) the three enchants of STR/AGI/INT on (bracers? gloves? Whatever, it's the rep one) do sell well and sell high, from what I can gather.

Best of luck.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

ARGH! I hate the new instancing thing in zones. It used to be, if there was 3-4 people doing the same quests as me, I could log out for 10 minutes, come back, and everyone is done and gone. Now it seems like no matter when I log on there will always be at least 3 people from multiple servers all doing the exact same quest chain as me. Im trying to level up my worgen druid, (I freaking hate the 2 druid race thing) from the starting area, and everywhere I turn there are people doing the starting quests. When THAT isnt an issue, im getting buggy quests! Last night I had to stop playing because I was on that rescue the drowned gilnaens quest and those stupid buggers wouldnt get off my back for love nor money. No credit, no way to get rid of them, no way to grab more, nothing. It finally worked today, but it still took forever because the damn things wouldnt get off me. I found copious swearing in chat helped somehow, so I kept it up till the quest was over.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

15. - Top - End - #75

/non-serious response
    Some dislike a world that is empty.
    Some dislike a world where the population is greater than 1.
    Some just hate everything universally.

/serious response
    Party up rather than compete. You honestly get about the same amount of XP given that you complete quests faster.
    You'll find that past level 20 it seems to become less and less a problem as time goes on. Until you hit daily hubs at 90. And then everyone is spamming general chat to form groups to make daily questing go faster.

Personally, I like it. I make new friends all the time now. I don't even bother reading general chat to find a group, I just swoop in and help someone who looks like they need it (Typhoon the cluster-foop of mobs off the shadow priest and then spam some heals, throw out Mark of the Wild), and BOOM invite city. And we blast things, we goof off, we save other people or groups of people, we get dailies done in a timely manner. Fun times.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    ARGH!
    Yea, someone at blizzard decided to throw in CRZ when it wasn't ready. There's a lot of bugs with it and it seems 2 person mounts are useless now.

The biggest complaint I've heard (and felt) was on a PvP server, now you have people from 5 different servers invading the quest hubs.
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Joke of the Day: A Roman walks into a bar, holds up 2 fingers and says, 'Five drinks please.'

If you ever think English isn't a screwed up language, just remember that read and lead rhyme and read and lead rhyme, but read and lead don't rhyme and neither do read and lead.

Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile Anything there is pretty much up for trade

17. - Top - End - #77

Complainers wanted more World PvP, they got exactly what they deserve.
    Don't like getting ganked, don't roll on a PvP server. Which has been the motto since Vanilla.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

I would also like to throw in my pet peeve, speaking of level 90 quest hubs.

Hey, hey you! You on the giant fricking flying mount! Do you mind terribly dismounting and NOT standing directly on top of the quest giver npc? Or at least not going afk on top of them?

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

19. - Top - End - #79

I would also like to throw in my pet peeve, speaking of level 90 quest hubs.

Hey, hey you! You on the giant fricking flying mount! Do you mind terribly dismounting and NOT standing directly on top of the quest giver npc? Or at least not going afk on top of them?
    Because we haven't dealt with this problem for the last 8 years. /sarcasm

Actually, I hear tell that they might impliment a fix for that in 5.1
    Similar to that invisible wall they had for the valor/jp vendors.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Orc in the Playground

To be honest, if they just added a menu option from their target frame, I'd be happy.

Then I could just /tar <npc> and right-click.
    CEO of Evil Incorporated: "Subjugating humanity for a better tomorrow."

21. - Top - End - #81

Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    To be honest, if they just added a menu option from their target frame, I'd be happy.

Then I could just /tar <npc> and right-click.
    Hit Control V to bring up nameplates
    Click (right click) the appropriate nameplate, ignoring the n+1 people on mounts completely. Assisted further if you have the tidyplates addon (which is actually remarkably good and helpful) but addon is not necessary.
    Though the menu option is actually pretty darned clever too. The two together would be keen.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Orc in the Playground

Yeah, targeting has never really been the issue. It's just the inability to bring up the options(although I think there are some macro options for that even.) It would just be really handy for an option on the menu that said "Interact" or something, that does the same thing as right-clicking on the npc.
    CEO of Evil Incorporated: "Subjugating humanity for a better tomorrow."

23. - Top - End - #83

Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    Yeah, targeting has never really been the issue. It's just the inability to bring up the options(although I think there are some macro options for that even.) It would just be really handy for an option on the menu that said "Interact" or something, that does the same thing as right-clicking on the npc.
    I completely agree.
    I think there may already be an Addon which can do this, but ultimately I believe that this would make an excellent addition to the standard interface.
    Simple and brilliant.
    Have an internet and a cookie.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

Hit Control V to bring up nameplates
    Click (right click) the appropriate nameplate, ignoring the n+1 people on mounts completely. Assisted further if you have the tidyplates addon (which is actually remarkably good and helpful) but addon is not necessary.
    Though the menu option is actually pretty darned clever too. The two together would be keen.
    Or people could just, you know, NOT be asses. Im just glad there is no collision detection. I HATED that in everquest. Some fat ogre could sit down in front of the only entrance to the bank or whatever, and noone could get by him, often for hours as he was intentionally not letting himself get logged out due to inactivity.

25. - Top - End - #85

Or people could just, you know, NOT be asses.
    Welcome to the internet? People could just not teabag in Halo, or swear at each other over xbox live, but I doubt we'll see that ever change.

Im just glad there is no collision detection. I HATED that in everquest.
    Implimented on just NPC's (and select ones at that) I think it would work out fine. Implimented on everyone? Yeah, that's asking for trouble, as many examples have pointed out for us.

I wonder if they could change the hitbox area of the larger mounts or something? That could help too.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Bugbear in the Playground

I just got my Netherwing Drake. I am extremely happy.

Now it is my mission to get the pattern for the Greater Stats enchant for chests.
    Awesome avatar by Abscondcrow

Spoiler
    Show
    Former awesome avatar by Zefir.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

Im working on cloud serpent faction. Just hit revered and of COURSE the race course trainer quest is buggy as hell. She keeps warning me to keep up, then poof, she vanishes, but the tether remains and never goes away. Is there a trick to keeping this from happening? Or am I just that unlucky that I keep hitting all thes (^&%I*&^%*&&^% buggy quests on every class I try to play?

28. - Top - End - #88

Im working on cloud serpent faction. Just hit revered and of COURSE the race course trainer quest is buggy as hell. She keeps warning me to keep up, then poof, she vanishes, but the tether remains and never goes away. Is there a trick to keeping this from happening? Or am I just that unlucky that I keep hitting all thes (^&%I*&^%*&&^% buggy quests on every class I try to play?
    I think you are just unlucky. I don't know a single person who has had a problem with that quest. And I know people who are still running serpent dailies because they enjoy them, having hit exalted a while ago.

Do you run a custom UI mod of any kind? I've heard that in some cases they play a role in bug reports and buggy quests, though not commonly so.

Also, I've rarely run into a bug where reloading my UI didn't solve it. Type /reload and see what happens.
    Last edited by Karoht; 2012-11-13 at 02:51 PM.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

I have no mods or anything special, just what the game gives me. I havent tried today, today im busy finding even more bad luck playing medal of honor limited edition and having THAT damn thing bug out on me. Im at one of the early missions where im stuck because my freaking npc teammates wont move on and open the door so I can move along. Im stuck in a damn building and nothing fixes it. I think i will have to start over from the beginning of the mission at this rate. I just. . . seem to have horrible horrible luck with everything bugging out on me, and I, like my guitar, am gently weeping.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ettin in the Playground

Thumbs up, at least, for the Beatles reference.
    John Ling
    Frog God Games Lead Pathfinder Developer

Note: unless explicitly stated otherwise, opinions in my posts are my own and not those of Frog God Games.