New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: World of Warcraft XIV: Fish Felreed, and the Reed Pond fish

Our guild is pretty consistently up to Elegon now, and hopefully he should be dying soon. We also did some pulls on Vizier in Heart of Fear, and were making pretty good progress.

I managed to get the shield from Gara'jal last night for my Elemental Shaman. I went ahead and upgraded it with Valor, since it's BiS(mostly, aside from an offhand in Heart of Fear, but since I'm one of two classes that can uses shields, it makes more sense to not compete on the other offhand) for this tier. The fact that the shield is Troll themed makes me even happier!
    CEO of Evil Incorporated: "Subjugating humanity for a better tomorrow."

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    Pretty much. Being able to boost my alts rep gain is handy.
    Is this for all reps (well, most, I assume) everywhere? Or just Mists? For example, could I get the boost for, say, Timbermaw?

I hit exalted on Tillers last night. I only have one best friend as of now, though, so I'll have to continue on that. Maybe I'll spend some time flying around looking for dark soil - there's an addon that uses the Tomtom addon to direct you to known locations.

My Cloud Serpent rep is close. Probably another three days, maybe 4, of dailies for that one.

My freelance work is pretty booked between now and Christmas, so I don't know that I'll be spending a lot of time in-game. I'm close to the point where I'm going to switch to another character (likely my horde rogue) and do the quests again. I'm interested in seeing things from the other side.

I'm also looking to play my panda monk a little more, but for now I'm reserving that game play for when I can also play with my friend - which is tough to line up at the moment, though we're planning on it tomorrow night.

In the past, I've mentioned my health issues being a culprit in reducing my game playing time. I have a rant about that, but since it's not directly related to the game, I'll spoiler it.

Spoiler
    Show

So back in October, I went to the doctor again, and she did a bunch more tests. I was supposed to get the results "about a week" later. Well, about a week later Hurricane Sandy hit and knocked out power in our area for 3-5 days (depending where you lived - 3 days at my house, 5 days at the doctor's office). So, understandably, the results weren't in when they were expected.

So once a week, I've been calling. At one point, they had no indication of two of the tests - only the cholestorol level (which was normal). Then two weeks ago, the lab guy found the results. Yay! "The doctor needs to talk to you about the results." Oh. I guess that means something turned up. Tests I'm waiting on? Thyroid, diabetes, testosterone levels. having one of those as the problem isn't exactly a walk in the park, but at least all three are treatable. But getting my doctor to actually call me with the news? Yeah, I'm still waiting. I was told yesterday she'd call by end-of-day today. I'm not holding my proverbial breath...

I also go for a sleep study in a week, to see if my apnea is back. (I had surgery for it back in '02).

So I have some vague progress on my health, and I'm hopeful that by end-of-year I know what the problems are (finally!) and can get started on whatever needs to be done to treat them. Seriously. Exhaustion sucks! I'll never use the phrase, "I'm exhausted" lightly again. Getting out of bed is an effort. Getting anything resembling productivity done at work is an effort. Staying awake long enough to eat dinner and help my kids with homework is an effort. Coaching soccer? It takes me at least a day to recover. Thyroid, testosterone, diabetes, sleep apnea? yeah, all those are sucky. But at least they're all treatable; I'll take treatable over exhaustion. (Although if I get any say in it, I'd really prefer to not have diabetes. Just sayin'...)

Anyway, thought I'd toss out an update, since I've mentioned the health issues here in the past. And, frankly, I needed to rant - such as it is - about how terrible my doctor is at getting back to me. Which is a shame, because she's terrific otherwise.
    John Ling
    Frog God Games Lead Pathfinder Developer

Note: unless explicitly stated otherwise, opinions in my posts are my own and not those of Frog God Games.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zherog View Post
    Is this for all reps (well, most, I assume) everywhere? Or just Mists? For example, could I get the boost for, say, Timbermaw?
    Um, I mentioned that they have a big giant post concerning the matter on mmo-champion.com
    But no. It's Mists only. Specifically, it is for the rep you purchase it from.

IE-Shado-Pan
    So your main hit's revered with Shado-Pan. Go to the rep vendor. Buy the commendation. Use the commendation. Now ALL characters on that account gain double rep with Shado-Pan. This includes your main pushing from revered to exalted with Shado-Pan.

The Tillers commendation is really worth picking up. Bigger farm, faster, with your alts.

@Health Issues
    Sorry to hear that.
    Best of luck.
    ~~Courage is not the lack of fear~~
    Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    If the party wizard can't survive a supersonic dragon made of iron at epic levels it's his own fault really.
    "In soviet dungeon, aboleth farms you!"
    "Please consult your DM before administering Steve brand Aboleth Mucus.
    Ask your DM if Aboleth Mucus is right for you.
    Side effects include coughing, sneezing, and other flu like symptoms, cancer, breathing water like a fish, loss of dignity, loss of balance, loss of bowel and bladder control."

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ettin in the Playground

mmo-champ is blocked at work, and I'm forgetful enough to not remember to check when I get home.

And I apologize that my question wasn't clear. What I meant was can you buy the commendation for all reps, including non-Mist ones. (you did answer that part, so thanks.)

On the health saga: while I was in a meeting with my boss, she called. *sigh* when I called back, she was with a patient and "will have to get back to me later." *double sigh*

edit: she called back already. Results aren't bad, but are spoilered for those who don't give a flying fig about my health issues.

Spoiler
    Show

So she tested for a lot more than I thought. The good news is that my cholestorol, thyroid, testostorone, liver, kidney, and blood sugar were all normal. Yay! The bad news, such as it is, is that I have low levels of vitamin D, and that can indeed lead to exhaustion. So I have to take a prescription dose of D once a week for 8 weeks. From there I have to either alter my diet and/or take an over-the-counter supplement to keep the levels up.

I also still have to go for the sleep study, to either rule out or treat apnea.

All told, I'm very glad she found something. And given the list of things she tested, this was the best-case scenario. I mean, if you offer me the choice of a pill once a week for 2 months or insulin the rest of my life, well.. give me the pill!

Yay! Potential light at the end of the tunnel!

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread...
    Last edited by Zherog; 2012-11-28 at 02:00 PM.
    John Ling

Note: unless explicitly stated otherwise, opinions in my posts are my own and not those of Frog God Games.

5. - Top - End - #185

Seriously, if you ever want to go do Timbermaw rep, your best bet is to toss out some spam in a main city for about 5 or so minutes. Then just go up to the north end of Felwood (spam general some more if you feel generous) and let the slaughter begin. If you kill them all before they respawn, fly to Winterspring and repeat the process with the few furbolgs right outside the cave mouth. Don't turn in feathers until you are revered. Oh, and I heard that they boosted the rep gain back in Cataclysm, it goes pretty fast now.
    If the party wizard can't survive a supersonic dragon made of iron at epic levels it's his own fault really.
    Side effects include coughing, sneezing, and other flu like symptoms, cancer, breathing water like a fish, loss of dignity, loss of balance, loss of bowel and bladder control."

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ettin in the Playground

Yep, yep. I just tossed out Timbermaw as an example. For whatever reason, when I tried to think of an older rep, it was the first one that came to my mind.
    John Ling

7. - Top - End - #187
    Colossus in the Playground

Maybe we will get lucky with the rep thing. After evaluating its effect on pandaria rep gains, they may start adding it to useful factions going back further. Say I want to buy stuff off the cata quartermasters. If I got revered with one guy I can buy the commendation and my alts will be able to max out way faster. That way I could, say, buy my exalted cenarion gear while im only halfway through with hyjal.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

8. - Top - End - #188
    Titan in the Playground

Got my first character to 75 today, a troll warlock.

said warlock is also a skill 314 engineer with a flying machine mount. and a character just one rep up away from Ambassador of the Horde.

and I'm like "how did I get so far?" on one hand…and on the other, I'm busy wondering how to possibly get enough gold to buy myself artisan riding…

just….sharing is all.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

9. - Top - End - #189

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Got my first character to 75 today, a troll warlock.

said warlock is also a skill 314 engineer with a flying machine mount. and a character just one rep up away from Ambassador of the Horde.

and I'm like "how did I get so far?" on one hand…and on the other, I'm busy wondering how to possibly get enough gold to buy myself artisan riding…

just….sharing is all.
    Don't worry about gold, just keep on questing and you'll get it. Leveling through cata content is like 5k gold. Leveling through Pandaria content is like 10k gold. I don't remember how much from wrath, but either way you'll have more than enough money soon enough.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

10. - Top - End - #190

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    just….sharing is all.
    Yeah, that's mostly what we do around here =D

Type in the command /played some time.
    I had money for artisan riding by about 78 on my last alt. But while leveling, I buy absolutely nothing and live on quest rewards.
    Cataclysm quest rewards jump up rather nicely, as do Pandaria rewards. You'll have that money before you know it.

Speaking of money, I'm going to finally tick over the 100K mark probably today. Bear in mind I started the expansion with less than 20K, and I've made 80K in 2 months of nothing but buying and selling. Herbs and Enchants and Cloth are my big three money makers. Gems will probably make their way into my 'portfolio' pretty soon though.
    When I hit the 120K mark, I'm going to start pet/mount trading. Why? Get lucky and you net thousands at a time, and I see people selling pets at a severe undercut all the time.
    Especially with the popularity of the new pets in MC, BWL, AQ40 and Naxx. Those are going to sell pretty well for a long time to come.

11. - Top - End - #191

Money in Panda is really easy. Like I started out the expansion with no gold at all. I had quit before 4.1 hit, and gave away basically anything I had of value to friends. I also started playing again late, only about a month ago.

As of right now I have only 3k gold, but have bought like 40k worth of gear, leveled Blacksmithing from 400 to 600, JC from 520 to 600, and probably put another 10k or so worth of stuff into random stuff; ie gems, enchants, void storage, and especially reforges (seriously Reforge costs add up, I end up spending 100-200 gold every time I get a new piece of gear). So in about a month without actually trying to hard to earn gold beyond standard questing/dungeoning, I've made somewhere between 50 and 60 thousand gold. And now that I have BSing leveled and Tillers at exalted, I can make an easy 10k or so every 5 days until 476 epics stop selling well.

12. - Top - End - #192

Pretty much. Money comes easier. Not to the point where one can casually buy and sell 100K or higher mounts as though they were candy, but enough that the gold sinks stop being gold sinks after a while. I won't say they become meaningless, but they definitely become less meaningful pretty quickly.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

Woohey... raiding was fun yesterday...

We started with a random healdruid and about 30 minutes later than usual due to certain problems atm. Our MT is moving and doesn't have internet at the moment so our Heal-Paladin switched to tank our Monk-Tank FINALLY switched back to his Druid-Tank and so we ran off with 2 Druids, 1 Shaman as heals. Stone Guard was pretty easy killed but I somehow had less DPS than last ID unsure why, logs give no indication of change. Feng was easy as well and Bonusloot gave me... another damned Ring. Deciding between sparing it for second or disenchanting it for it's bloodspirit. Garajal was finally in the mood to give me his shoulders and through that I have finally nothing of rare quality anymore. Spiritkings were failpulled but we managed to kill them. Elegon again was pricky about a Mainhand or a Trinket (as I have it already this would've been for our Mage or Warlock). The Will of the Emperor was (although our Tankpaladin was a bit "undergeared") easy... a quite funny thing that once you slay a boss you can repeatedly slay him. Afterwards we ran into the Heart of Fear and killed the first two bosses. Ending the raid sooner than thought at 22:45. Additionally I bought a cloak for valor points and now can start investing in Item Upgrades... I'm weighting my Light of the Cosmos against other items I now have... unsure which item will win. Next raid is on Saturday.
    Have a nice Day,
    Krazzman

14. - Top - End - #194

Raid Night Updates
    4/6 MSV all one shots.
    Also, I'm streaming again. For the time being I am still streaming@
    www.livestream.com/karoht
    But I may change up to twitch.tv fairly soon.

Also, this weekend I'm considering doing a change to my UI. Everyone I know has recommended Elvui, so I'll give it a go and see what's what.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Bugbear in the Playground

Elvui is very good. I just can't for the life of me get disattached from the vanilla ui, which is a crying shame because there is some info that'd be nice to not have to glance at 3 diff corners to get.

Also, I have just found something that made me actually have much more ease and fun with my mage while out doing dailies: the Frost Blast Shatter combo; SO MUCH BURST, and then a FFB on top of that, and maybe even a Lance! I'm not going to lie, I wish mage pve was built more around this, building up combos for bombs and such.

Ironically, if anything, it is prob only go to see nerfing as time goes on; alot of people hate it in pvp (I wonder why... really why they need to be more willing to just make abilities do different things in pve and pvp.)

So, what are some ways to make money with current content, since it is clear that my server is too focused on that to really benefit from older, albeit interesting, stuff? I am doing dailies so I can get recipes for enchanting and tailoring, and to max out the Tillers farm and such, but besides that... anything?
    Awesome avatar by Abscondcrow

Spoiler
    Show
    Former awesome avatar by Zefir.

16. - Top - End - #196

Ok, so right now I am playing a 86 fire mage, and I was wondering, what stats are most important? Crit, mastery, or spell power? I love the big blasts, I think I have been hitting for 56k crits on pyro so far, not too shabby really, but im also enjoying those ignite ticks as well. Should I ignore mastery and pump up tons of crit and spellpower? Mastery and crit and dont worry about spellpower? some other odd combo?

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

17. - Top - End - #197
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Ok, so right now I am playing a 86 fire mage, and I was wondering, what stats are most important? Crit, mastery, or spell power? I love the big blasts, I think I have been hitting for 56k crits on pyro so far, not too shabby really, but im also enjoying those ignite ticks as well. Should I ignore mastery and pump up tons of crit and spellpower? Mastery and crit and dont worry about spellpower? some other odd combo?
    I want 56k crits. My 85 mediocre geared Moonkin can get a 24k starsurge crit. On a good day. I get crits alot (I love you crit gear) but I feel like I should be doing alot more damage. Wrath only does 12k!

What non-hunter class has the most fun burst? I've been wanting to try a non-druid class.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

Int, Hit, and Crit are the big ones for fire. Mastery doesn't add enough to warrant an overflow of it. And a bit of haste is always nice.

Also I feel I should mention that fire mages got nerfed rather hard (like, the nerf dropped them pretty much to last place in dps meters)

From the Nov. 29th hotfix notes:

Spoiler
    Show
    Mage
    Fire
    The periodic damage from Combustion has been reduced by 50%.
    The critical strike chance multiplier from Critical Mass has been reduced to 1.25 (was 1.5).

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    I want 56k crits. My 85 mediocre geared Moonkin can get a 24k starsurge crit. On a good day. I get crits alot (I love you crit gear) but I feel like I should be doing alot more damage. Wrath only does 12k!

What non-hunter class has the most fun burst? I've been wanting to try a non-druid class.
    Lets see...

Arms War: Pop all CDs and watch the 150k+ crits come rolling out.

Frost mage: Nether tempest to start, frozen orb, pop TW, icy veins, and trinket, and just burst the crap out of something with ice lance, insta cast frostfire bolts, and one second cast frostbolts.

Feral Druid: pop cds with improved fearie and jungle kitty.

Ret Pally: They can get insane burst if RNG is on your side.

Warlocks: not so much burst, but seeing 300k crit chaos bolts is always fun
    Last edited by Antonok; 2012-12-02 at 01:38 PM.
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ettin in the Playground

Are there any battle pets other then the flayer hatchling that have the reflect attack? And are there any non rare spawn dragon/magic types?(other then the nether fairie drake).

edit: Also fire mages are not that bad now, despite the nerfs, they still do decent dps in heroics and scenarios from what I've seen(both playing one and being in groups with them).
    Last edited by Togath; 2012-12-02 at 01:37 PM.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    Are there any battle pets other then the flayer hatchling that have the reflect attack? And are there any non rare spawn dragon/magic types?(other then the nether fairie drake).

edit: Also fire mages are not that bad now, despite the nerfs, they still do decent dps in heroics and scenarios from what I've seen(both playing one and being in groups with them).
    VERY comprehensive guide to the pet battle system.

It takes some digging but you can find the abilities of every single pet.
    (battle pet families/abilities, then click on a type)

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?

Steam Profile

21. - Top - End - #201
    Troll in the Playground

One of my core group of three Battle Pets is the Mana Wyrmling, which got Reflection at level 20.
    Last edited by The Linker; 2012-12-02 at 01:48 PM.

22. - Top - End - #202

Warlocks: not so much burst, but seeing 300k crit chaos bolts is always fun
    300k Chaos Bolt Crits. You're cute. I'm pretty sure I've seen my guildy hit that hard with a Chaos Bolt before, I've heard crits upwards of 600-800k. Unless you're talking about PVP I guess. Either way, it's enough to make me want to level my Lock.

Arms with CDs up does get lots of big numbers though, especially when the RNG is rolling in your favor and you have lots of TFB procs. I'm certain I still haven't seen it go as high as it can because it's so rare, but I have had 500k Heroic Strike crits. I've managed 450k on a Dummy with self-buffs only. I'm pretty sure it could scratch 600k or more if I got the stars to align and had everything running at once (a weapon enchant proc, trinket procs, spec into avatar instead of bloodbath, Banner up, full raid buffs, and strength pot).

But if you just like lots of big numbers flying across your screen at once it's almost worth it to use Recklessness on AoE trash, because there's nothing quite like seeing 20+ crits pop up on your screen at once 3-4 times back to back.

As an aside, those Fire nerfs are hilarious. The crying from mages on the forum is nothing short of amazing. I'm sure they'll get it at least partially reverted in a week or two, but for now watching the complaints about the nerfs has been making for some good :popcorn:

23. - Top - End - #203
    Troll in the Playground

So... my 150k Ravage crits aren't such a big deal?

Aww...

24. - Top - End - #204

So if fire sucks so bad, should I go back to arcane? Or is frost a lot of big dps fun? And keep in mind, im talking pre raid, pre epic gear kind of stuff. 86-90

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ettin in the Playground

So if fire sucks so bad, should I go back to arcane? Or is frost a lot of big dps fun? And keep in mind, im talking pre raid, pre epic gear kind of stuff. 86-90
    Fire is just fine to be honest. I haven't encountered a significant drop.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

26. - Top - End - #206
    Titan in the Playground

I'm on the Pandaria free trial now.

been playing monk, and its awesome, especially when you play a Blood Elf with blond spiky hair, name them "Supersaying" and macro all their moves to shout out moves like "FALCON PUNCH" or "DO A BARREL ROLL" heheh.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

27. - Top - End - #207
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

So, I missed Friday's raid, where we killed 4 bosses, apparently, and came in tonight to spend 3 hours banging our heads against Elagon. I loooooove looooove love this fight. Even though we aren't even close to getting him down, it feels possible and it's challenging and exciting for every role. I think we need better healers though, cause I'm way out healing the other two and have quite a bit worse gear than they do. We can't even think of two healing yet because neither of them can keep up a side by themselves in the focuses stage.

I was outzombied by the baby!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Amotis View Post
    Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
    -snip-
    Most of that is coming from a pvp perspective since I lost the will to raid back in WotLK, and cata did nothing to stir it.

I know they can go higher, just only stated what I've personally seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    Fire is just fine to be honest. I haven't encountered a significant drop.
    Fires perfectly fine for leveling, 5 mans, and LFR, but just be expecting a few more changes to it since this nerf was a bit overboard. (And as funny as alot see it, it was still overboard.)

Steam Profile

29. - Top - End - #209
    Orc in the Playground

We managed to go 6/6 MSV last week. Tihan, Scepter of the Sleeping Emperor dropped. I managed to get one on my bonus roll. I was very happy.

We're hoping to repeat, and start work on Heart of Fear this week. We did some attempts on Vizier, and he's not too hard.
    CEO of Evil Incorporated: "Subjugating humanity for a better tomorrow."

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ogre in the Playground

Traab, I would test Frost if I were you. It makes leveling soooo much easier...

Our Raid so far doesn't really brought something up in weapons. Our Mage got his Mainhand through Bonus Loot, the 2-hand sword dropped three times already, our Druid stole my off-hand from Feng (and now still can't wear it because not having a mainhand.... yes not even a blue one... and well I'm sitting there with "suboptimal" MH/Offhand choices... Although having epic items in every slot now still has a nice feeling again.
    Have a nice Day,
    Krazzman