New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Art Requests

1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Art Requests

Alright, Just a quick question before I do anything stupid by acident.
    Would It be withen the forum Rules To Request (In the Arts&Craft thread) Someone to do a Character portrait? For free?
    "All things must end, and you will be among the first."
    I love Ceika <3

Quote Originally Posted by Kymme View Post
    You've got good reasoning, though the Akastarepti is never the best example.

Extended Sig

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Art Request's

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowFireLance View Post
    Alright, Just a quick question before I do anything stupid by acident.
    Would It be withen the forum Rules To Request (In the Arts&Craft thread) Someone to do a Character portrait? For free?
    Yes, I've seen a lot of threads like that, and they are perfectly within the boundaries of the forum rules. It's more or less the same principle by which you request an oots-style avatar.

Just be sure to acknowledge the artist and respect their wishes in matters regarding crediting, hosting and use, and you should be fine, I think.

"Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot" - N.Gaiman, The Sandman

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Art Request's

Alright,
    Going to leave a link just in case...
    "All things must end, and you will be among the first."
    I love Ceika <3

Quote Originally Posted by Kymme View Post
    You've got good reasoning, though the Akastarepti is never the best example.

Extended Sig

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Art Requests

While in this case it's probably fine (I can't imagine why there would be a rule against this.) it's a really bad idea to do something you're at all unsure about without input from a mod first.

Good rule of thumb: If you're at all unsure, and you haven't gotten permission from a mod yet, don't do it. Could very well save you from an infraction or banning.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2012-10-28 at 11:43 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Default Re: Art Requests

Submitting or fulfilling a request for artwork through the site is perfectly ok, as long as there is no offer of, request for, or exchange of money. If you wish to commission paid artwork or sell your services as an artist, that will need to be done offsite.

Note that while an artist can link to their own personal site, you cannot link to your site if all the site provides is information on how to commission you as an artist. You must provide free works of art online (e.g. a webcomic, backgrounds, high quality samples - all free for personal use).

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak