New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Clash of the Titans

Private library
    That's not fair Twinkle Star, you know what happens in the heavens stays in the heavens! Besides, it's not like that time with you in the enemy camp int he battle of Borgloth... you better hope they don't find out the real story behind that... Besides I havn't been myself lately. With all this CUP work I'm lucky I can even see you two. No, this was given by a formal representative who invited us and told me to relay the message that we all three need to leave our letter openers home this time. They claim they're expecting an attack, so I hope you haven't grown to be a dull little Twinkling Star."
    That mystical swirling of multicolored leaves as they dance in the air, that fresh fall smell, the perfect weather that makes you feel so very alive. You can almost forget that you're watching dead tissue accumulate as winter claims the world and floods it with the calming scent of death.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Troll in the Playground

Private library
    "Only stays in the heavens if the guy in question is still there afterward." Jena replies with a wink. "And seriously Kitten, Borgloth?" She chuckles again. "That's in one of the 'totally-not-based-on-me' graphic novels of the War. Thought you knew.

"As to Sonozaki's worries...well I guess considering their rep then it could be something vaguely serious." She shrugged. "As to my twinkling, Kitten?" She whistles softly, a single pure note that causes the entire world to slow - senses heightening and racing with joyous light. Then the sound cuts off as she stops. "I think it's still going strong." She smirks.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuintonBeck View Post
    Many thanks to Snowfire for collating all these. He's a madman, but he's a helpful madman.
    Spoiler: Things
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    Damn you Snowfire. I cried.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon777 View Post
    T_T I swear, you just made me cry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Well, here's another for your sig, Snowfire.

<struck dumb>

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

Private library
    "Borgloth... don't try pulling wool over my eyes. I was there.

Regardless I think we should keep on our toes. Anyone who would threaten an assembly of the top brass at CUP can't be minor-league... I suppose I'll leave our escape plans to you Twinkle Star"
    That mystical swirling of multicolored leaves as they dance in the air, that fresh fall smell, the perfect weather that makes you feel so very alive. You can almost forget that you're watching dead tissue accumulate as winter claims the world and floods it with the calming scent of death.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Firbolg in the Playground

Furude Yukari
    Some forest

Yukari shrugs, and mutters. "Our destruction, I guess. We have a lot of enemies from the Outer Planes. The most likely ones would be Mechanus or the Nine Hells, or even some militant faction of Celestia."

Spoiler
    Show
    Greater Arcane Sight on the crystal disc?

Private Library

You hear a tapping, as of some one gently rapping, rapping at your chamber door.
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Troll in the Playground

Private library
    "Well, it mainly depends on if you want me to do something sensible or crazy, Kitten." She shrugs. "As to specifics..." She trails off at the knock on the door. "Did either of you invite anyone else? Because I swear, if that's one of those Sonozaki drones, I'm blaming you." She (half) jokes.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    As a note, any form of diviniation type effects attempted on 'Twinkle Star' (not her real name) simply fail or show you a fake reading.

So you won't know she's here until you walk in
    Last edited by Snowfire; 2012-11-10 at 12:52 PM.
    Many thanks to Snowfire for collating all these. He's a madman, but he's a helpful madman.
    Show

<struck dumb>

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

Private library
    No, chances are they won't return for me, and you're untraceable. Chances are it's just a vary poorly trained servant.
    Shrugging kitra pockets the amulet. the man had likely run a verity of tests on t by now, and chances weren't good that it would matter much. "Truthfully I feel little need for sensibility, after all we are walking unarmed into a place with minimal security, and mention of potential danger. No, whatever keeps us alive will do..."
    Last edited by drack; 2012-11-10 at 12:57 PM.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Troll in the Playground

Private Library
    "Except I doubt that any servants of Arrasil would be that criminally untrained." Shrugging, she gestures at the door, swinging it open with a casual display of magic, turning slightly in her chair to face the door. "Yes?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Will save vs DC 51 or be affected as Charm Monster please.
    Last edited by Snowfire; 2012-11-10 at 01:57 PM.
    Show

<struck dumb>

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

Private library
    Kitra lazily allows her gaze to travel to the source of their interruption unmindful of how her hand brushed the hilt of her sword.

9. - Top - End - #99

Furude Yukari
    Private Library

As the door swings open, you see a short, blue-haired girl in a green sundress. Her face shows a cute little pout as she mutters, "I'm not a drone, dammit!"

She walks in and, pulling a chair out of her pocket, sits down. Nodding to Kitra, she addresses Jena and Arrasil with a small smile. "Hello, Arrasil-san, Jena-san. I take it that Kitra has already briefed you on the basics behind the amulet? Good. Then I need not give you the same regurgitated speech I have given so many times."

She floats over an amulet each to Arrasil and Jena. Then, noticing the wine bottle, her eyes light up. "Ooh, wine! Can I have some? Please?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Oh, I don't need a divination... Also, unless it's an epic anti-divination, metafaculty still has a chance of piercing it.

The spell fails to affect Yukari at all.
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

Private library
    Swooping in Kitra takes the bottle emptying the remnants into her glass. "No wine for children-drones." Snatching the other amulets from the air Kitra continues "...and no odd trinkets for the band."

Out from the office, and standing before her recruits she somehow seemed more dangerous. Those albino eyes no longer looked albino, but those of inhuman creatures that walk the night. "Tell me." she begins her voice a dark purr. "Why didn't you simply conclude our business in the office rather than interrupting my lunch break?"

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Arrasil Sah Kallathar
    Private library

He stares for a while at the newcomer with a visible hint of disgust on his face.
    "...And tell me please how did you get in here? It is quite important question as I would have to either fire my servants or ressurect them... your answer would speed up things."

“No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.”
    ― Steven Brust

“Plan. Yes. Good idea. I should come up with a plan.”
    ― Steven Brust, Dzur

12. - Top - End - #102
    Troll in the Playground

Private Library
    "Quite right, Kitten." Jena nods in thanks to Kitra. "And children should learn not to interrupt where they're neither needed, nor wanted." She shakes her head. "It's quite sad really, parent's used to teach their kids right."

Spoiler
    Show
    I am utterly, flat immune to all forms of detection via the use of anything but extraordinary abilities. This is an Epic defense. And it's Ex.

So little Yukari - presuming that's her - will have had no idea that Jena was here until she - Jena - opened the door. That's the only reason I put in the "Sonozaki keep on trying to locate me" and drack said "you're untraceable".
    Last edited by Snowfire; 2012-11-10 at 04:18 PM.
    Show

<struck dumb>

13. - Top - End - #103

Furude Yukari
    Private Library

Yukari gives the now empty bottle a dark look and mutters under her breath, "...meanie." She pulls a bottle of sake and a cup from her pocket, and pours herself a drink.

Then, with an innocent expression, she tilts her head over to one side, and looks to Kitra. "Oh, our business is concluded. I just came here for the other two. I'm sorry if I disturbed you."

Turning to Arrasil, she takes a large gulp of her beverage before giving him a radiant smile and giggling. "Magic! Nipah~!"

At Jena's words, Yukari raises her eyebrow incredulously and snorts. "Oh please. If anyone's a child, it's you."

Spoiler
    Show
    Unless it's to her benefit not to, Yukari will always act as if everything is happening just the way she planned. So it's not as if her behavior will change, she'll just adapt instantly to the new situation.

But vision is (Ex), no?
    Last edited by Morcleon; 2012-11-10 at 04:31 PM.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

Private Library
    Kitra seems completely unperturbed, walking over to the child and squatting until they're at eye level.No, not at all, though I fear business with those who serve under me is as business with me myself. So what is our business again?

15. - Top - End - #105

Furude Yukari
    Private Library

Yukari stares confidently back into Kitra's eyes, her gaze never wavering. In a steady voice, she says, "My business is none other than the highest level of protection we can offer for all of the attendees to our Convention. If you wish to deny your friends access to our wards, feel free. But don't come crying to me when they die because you were saved by our wards and they were not."

16. - Top - End - #106
    Titan in the Playground

Private Library
    Kitra considers this, the knowing smile never vanishing from her face, and still never reaching her eyes. "I see, so it is something that you consider a threat even to the board of directors of CUP. Tell me, what is it we should fear so little one?"

17. - Top - End - #107
    Troll in the Playground

Jena laughs, almost sadly, at the child's response.

"Oh, Yukari-san, if only you could open your eyes." She sighed, the melancholy sparkle remaining in hers for a moment, before clearing. "Sidestepping an argument that would likely get us nowhere though, I believe I must decline your no doubt kind offer.

"We did not reach the here and now by being careless, jel'sutho'enedra." She said, voice gently. "And on that note, I believe I agree with Kitten here. What is it we should fear?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Ok, question and a note:
    What does Yukari look like under an Epic True Seeing type effect?

And if Yukari has Tongues or something similar in effect, she'll understand that word as meaning something along the lines of "forever-younger-sister".
    Last edited by Snowfire; 2012-11-10 at 05:30 PM.
    Show

<struck dumb>

18. - Top - End - #108

Furude Yukari
    Private Library

Taking another long drink, Yukari sighs and rests her hand on her face. "And that's the main threat, isn't it? We don't know what the attack is going to be. The unknown is always the most dangerous, yes?"

"But, we do have some information. We know that it will originate from the Outer Planes. Thus, one can assume it will come from one of our enemies, likely Mechanus or the Nine Hells, or even a particularly militant faction of Celestia."

She then stops, glancing at Kitra. A barely suppressed smile appears on her face. "...Kitten? That is so cute and disturbing at the same time."

Spoiler
    Show
    Under epic true seeing, Yukari looks like a short blue-haired girl in a green sundress. So exactly the same.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Troll in the Playground

Private Library
    "You should hear what she calls me, jel'sutho." Jena snickered wickedly.
    Last edited by Snowfire; 2012-11-11 at 07:28 AM.
    Show

<struck dumb>

20. - Top - End - #110
    Barbarian in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

???
    Dodoran's palace

It is nearing the time of the Convention, perhaps two hours before, when Dodoran will be informed by his guards that there is someone here to speak with him.

A wiry young gnoll sits with a shaman's walking stick that he taps against his hairy knees as he waits.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

Private Library
    Ah, well it's better then the enemy that we have no idea about. If it's the outer plans then perhaps you will be able to handle it. Were it on the other hand the deep reaches of the shadow plane, or the outer astral, then we could have been facing trouble... Turning her back Kitra reminds the girl "Perhaps you should be helping your master begin the opening ceremony?"

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

Knowledge the planes for the win!
    Last edited by drack; 2012-11-11 at 07:26 AM.

22. - Top - End - #112

Furude Yukari
    Private Library

Raising a curious eyebrow, Yukari replies with a smirk, "Oh? And what does she call you?

To Kitra, she shrugs. "Yeah, I guess so. The Outer Planes really don't have much going for them but their deities and their infinite size." She says this in a serious manner, but you can tell that she's quite confident about the whole affair.

"Indeed. The Convention is about to start. Would you three like to rendezvous with the rest of the board, and then accompany me to Ostia?"

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

private library
    "We should get going."

After everyone begrudgingly forsakes the warm room, the comfortable chairs, and the nice wine, Kitra leads the group back to the CUP headquarters where eighty merks wait. With a look that says "you better pay them" Kirta announces to the merks that the little girl is their employer telling them to play nice. After that she gathers the CUP board members inside giving them the standard schpeal on how they represent CUP today, and how not to screw it up before they all head out to the convention.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Troll in the Playground

Private library
    "A lady never tells, alsh'leeka'aen." Jena replies with a knowing wink. "Especially not to one of your tender years." She chuckles at the next question. "And we shall make our own way I think, little one. No doubt we will see you again, but for now I ask you to leave us. We know the way."
    Show

<struck dumb>

25. - Top - End - #115

Furude Yukari
    Private Library

Yukari nods politely at Jena, a strained smile upon her face. "Very well then, Jena-dono, I shall see you at the Convention. May your weather be ever fair."

She snaps her fingers, and disappears in a burst of shattered light, taking the entire mercenary group with her. The shards slowly fall to the floor, fading away to nothing.
    Last edited by Morcleon; 2012-11-11 at 07:39 PM.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

Afterwards the above happens, hopefully with the employer returning to accept/lead the merks, and Kitra happily follows snow to the convention.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

No rush, jut leaving an opening for you to post when you get to it

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

Pao was in front of place that the convention was going happen it was two days early and went from sitting to pacing back and forth to sitting and in between meditation. He would stay their waiting he had traveled and walked whole city already and got bored so he decided to wait for the day the job started. He would also chant mantra going between two odd sounding tongues one seemed gentle kind and soothing the other harsh and seemed have an evil soul chilling quality to it.

The next day he would do the same and also watched as people pasted by. He would then stand as the sun and moon had raised and lowed three times which meant that the day of the convention was at hand and waited wondering if that strange women would be here to give guidance or some other person from this cup place would appear to him.

28. - Top - End - #118

Spoiler
    Show

Temporal Convention, Perlucidum Ostia

The long awaited day of the Convention has arrived. One way or another, you arrive at a single large platform, floating above the clouds and filled with milling beings of all shapes and sizes. Elves and dwarves, faeries and dragons, angels and devils and demons, even a few cosmic horrors, have come to attend this Convention. Uniformed figures (they appear to be male and female humans, but they do seem a little... off) dart about the area, marking in those who have arrived, and checking them in for customs.

After some time of this bureaucratic mess, the uniformed officials, apparently finished with their business, depart and take their positions at the edges of the platform. A figure steps up to the front, and his visage is broadcast to several screens scattered around the border, his voice booming through multiple sound amplifiers. All recognize him as Sonozaki Akira, the leader of the Sonozaki Corporation, and the legendary "Undying Scientist" from the War of Ages.

"Welcome, welcome, beings from across the multiverse, to the First Temporal Convention! For those who may not know me, I am Sonozaki Akira, your host for these seven days. This week, you shall be able to meet those whom have never before seen or been seen in the cosmology, you will see strange and wondrous devices from exotic locales, and you will see a preview of the world of the future, a place of post-scarcity, post-need, of intelligence and understanding."

He pauses, and glances around at you. In a somewhat softer voice, he continues. "Most everyone here is a veteran of the War of Ages, that terrible thing that killed so many, and forever changed the status quo of this world. It is very likely that you may see a former, or even current, enemy of yours. I ask you, do not attack or provoke them. This is a place for peace and understanding, for a self-sustaining society cannot be run off of aggression and impulse. We will be enforcing this total mutual cease-fire very strictly."

In a more cheerful tone, he claps his hands and gestures widely. "But enough of that! This is a time for exploration and new things, new ideas! Enjoy yourselves! Any information you need is likely already on your invitation; any more questions or comments may be directed to me, or any of our officials scattered around the grounds."

He steps off of his podium, and the vessel you are on descends through the clouds. Barely a quarter minute later, the barrier parts, and you can see the great city of Perlucidum Ostia. It is an intricate mass of vast floating platforms, interconnected through skywalks, gravity tunnels and portals. Small vessels fly between these structures, as metallic schools of fish, following a pattern known only to them. And in the center of it all, is a massive spire of metal and crystal and light. It stretches from the ground up, extending hundreds of stories high. It is known simply as, the Spire of Ostia. This is where you shall begin.

You estimate that the platform you are standing on will take a few minutes to descend to the point of debarkation.

Spoiler
    Show
    These few minutes gives you a chance to speak to Atriol officials, Akira, and/or each other. Enjoy the RP time.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

Still distracted by this mention of an attack Kitra quickly surveys the geography off the area.

Spoiler
    Show

could I have some mention of geography of the convention/wards around it?
    Last edited by drack; 2012-11-13 at 07:33 AM.

30. - Top - End - #120

Geography of Ostia
    Spoiler
    Show
    The actual Convention will be located outside, on the various platforms around the Spire. Your living quarters and the various other amenities are inside the Spire. All of this is very much freeform, due to the sheer complexity of the event.

The area below Ostia is a mostly flat grassy plain, with scattered trees and bushes. Upon closer inspection, the trees and bushes are actually arranged in a subtle circular pattern. Beyond this is a tall mountain range, jagged and icy at the peak, yet glittering gloriously in the sunlight.

As for the wards, you can tell from the faint, sporadic shimmers that they cover a large dome, extending out to the far side of the mountain range. They don't seem to be doing anything to you now. For any details on these wards, you will need a detect psionics-type effect and a psicraft check.