New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Clash of the Titans

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You have time to establish things and do what you want. You basically have a week's worth of buff time/rp/head start compared to the other people. So do what you want but keep the collateral damage to a minimum. Traps/ambushes/whatever are fair game though.
    Extended Hombrew Signature

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Clash of the Titans

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show

So are we still doing the science convention thing?

If so I assume we're before then, but t sounds fun.
    That mystical swirling of multicolored leaves as they dance in the air, that fresh fall smell, the perfect weather that makes you feel so very alive. You can almost forget that you're watching dead tissue accumulate as winter claims the world and floods it with the calming scent of death.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Oooh, it begins...
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare
    “Gnyðja mundu nú grísir, ef þeir vissi, hvat inn gamli þyldi” -Ragnar Lodbrok

"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus

Discord -Now with a recruitment bot!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by drack View Post
    OOC
    Spoiler
    Show

So are we still doing the science convention thing?

If so I assume we're before then, but t sounds fun.
    OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yep. Hosted by yours truly.

Except it's less of "science", and more of "those people who got displaced" + various important people.
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

IC:

Kitra, chairmen of CUP, sat at her desk finishing the last of the paperwork on the grotrid incident...
    Last edited by drack; 2012-11-03 at 10:50 PM.
    That mystical swirling of multicolored leaves as they dance in the air, that fresh fall smell, the perfect weather that makes you feel so very alive. You can almost forget that you're watching dead tissue accumulate as winter claims the world and floods it with the calming scent of death.

6. - Top - End - #6

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Putting "IC" is not necessary. Everything will be assumed to be IC unless placed in spoilers with a tag such as this post. Also, try and keep the OOC at the bottom of the post and the IC at the top unless there is something important OOC we need to know before the IC part.
    Extended Hombrew Signature

7. - Top - End - #7

A knocking is heard on the door to Kitra's office. A male voice, seeming at once both playful and tired, sounds from beyond the threshold. "Hello? Kitra-dono...? May I come in?"
    Last edited by Morcleon; 2012-11-10 at 05:06 PM.
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Kitra looks up before smiling a cynical smile. "enter" she replies in a sing-song voice as she slips the completed paperwork under a much more pleasant report.

9. - Top - End - #9

Sonozaki Akira

The handle turns, and the door opens. Into the room steps two figures. One is a dark haired man of medium height in a white shirt and black vest, with a slowly turning monocle-esque device on one eye. The other is a short blue hair girl with a green sundress and wide straw hat. She gives you a wide, happy smile.

The taller of the two you recognize as Sonozaki Akira, head of the Sonozaki Corporation. The short child is unknown to you, however.

"Hello there Kitra-dono." Akira nods his head to Kitra with a small, knowing smile at the reports on her desk. He reaches into a pouch at his side and pulls out a small amulet and tosses it to you. The chain is thin, but made of a mithril/adamantine alloy, and the pendant is of an infinity sign, half bright silver, half blood red. "Here, you might need it for the upcoming Temporal Convention. Intelligence has it that there might be an attack during the Convention, so I'm passing these out for protection."

10. - Top - End - #10

PaladinGuy

Dodoran, clad in magnificent silver and gold robes, calmly strolled into the hospital portion of his castle. He moves from bedside to bedside, pausing to lightly touch the more serious cases and instantly heal them.
    My wifi is down. It should be back up by the 22nd. Sorry, snowy, morcy, drack, hat, etc.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

At Kitra's office

catching the amulet with her clawed hand Kitra nods silently. Kitra had always been a rather intimidating figure, Born albino with hair as white as snow, and eyes the vibrant shade or red that most see only in witnessing bloody deaths. Her skin had also been turned a ruddy shade of grey by some sort of magic on the battlefield. (Everyone knew there was too much of it to be good for anyone.) Dark cloths wrapped around her covered most of this Beyond a small gap of cloth over her eyes.

Idly she clicked the amulet between the metal plated finders of the renown claw that had killed an unkillable man with his own weapon. "I don't suppose you have decided to reconsider your options and hire some faithful members of CUP after all? You do know that we have a surplus of labor in these times and every little job helps..."

12. - Top - End - #12

Sonozaki Akira
    Kitra's Office

Akira leans against the wall, gazing around the room. With a raised eyebrow, he chuckles lightly. "Aren't the ten you're taking with you to the Convention enough to gather information?"

"Although if you put it in terms of jobs..." he mutters, glancing off to the side. "I suppose I could hire some to guard the portals that we'll be using to transport attendees to and from the Convention. At least that way the place will actually look protected..."

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

Kitra's office

"Shame, how could you think so little of me? I only want to prevent the world from descending into anarchy again. Surely you can see the merit in CUP's operations?" Through that kerchief you're pretty sure she's smiling, but she continues as if she isn't. So how many innocent souls would you like to save from malnutrition again?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Any ranks in sense motive?

14. - Top - End - #14

Sonozaki Akira
    Kitra's Office

As Kitra is talking, the young girl silently pulls on Akira's pant leg and looks up to him questioningly. He nods back, and she fades away. Turning back to Kitra, Akira muses, "Hm. We'll have four locations total, and each site will be rather large, so perhaps a complement of... 20 of your men per site, 80 total?"

His face takes on an amused expression. "And yes, we'll feed all of them with the best food we have."

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sense Motive check is 120.

??? (Young Girl in a Green Sundress)
    Hospital, Dodoran's Castle

Behind the robed man, a short, blue-haired girl appears in a burst of sparkles. She is dressed in a green sundress and has a wide-brim straw hat on her head. A curious expression appears on her face as she speaks.

"Excuse me? Are you Dodoran-san?"
    Last edited by Morcleon; 2012-11-04 at 05:49 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Kitra's office
    Good, good... I would still advise more for an event of this scale, but I can hardly convince you otherwise... So would you like those to be paladins, common-folk, or trained guards?

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show

Figured. Kitra is a bad lair.

You can tell that Kitra seems to care about getting jobs for her soldiers, and that averting scocial anarchy is at least part of it, but she certainly seems to be keeping her part in keeping them fed and employed. So far there are plenty of jobs that could have fattened her own pocket that she's passed on to the mercenaries that believe in her, though at the same time she is rather mocking and sarcastic in her manner.
    Last edited by drack; 2012-11-04 at 05:26 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16

Sonozaki Akira
    Kitra's Office

With a shrug, Akira smiles. "Well, as I said before, it's not so much for the extra protection (although it does help somewhat), but more for the visible presence of protection."

"Trained guards would be preferable. Paladins may send out the wrong message to some of our less than holy attendees, and common-folk would send an even worse message that we don't have skilled defenses."

He pauses for a moment, then raises an eyebrow and gives Kitra a wry smile. "I suppose this is the part where we haggle over the payment? Name your price, then."

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Kitra's office
    Vary well, shale we go with the going rate of five silvers per man per day?

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show

level 1 merks, an Kitra gets none of the profits as these are goons of the organization, not her personal subordinates)
    Last edited by drack; 2012-11-04 at 06:25 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18

Sonozaki Akira
    Kitra's Office

Akira stares blankly at Kitra for a few seconds before shrugging. "Eh, that seems alright. I was actually expecting more... The Convention is planned for a full seven days, so that's 35 silver per man, 2800 silver to the CUP total."

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

Kitra's office
    Vary well, you can distribute the funds to the men as earned, and we will simply monitor that you do so. Naturally the offices of CUP are maintained by donations from our upper echelon, so fear not, your donations will go where they are needed.
    Spoiler
    Show

mercenaries by DMG are 2sp/day, so I figure it's enough to put some coin in their pockets too.
    Last edited by drack; 2012-11-04 at 08:20 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20

EvilClericGuy

Denzen Duvaria
    Castle in Nysa, Throne Room

Kneeling before the vacant throne, Denzen says his prayers before rising to take his seat. He settles onto the throne, a paragon of gnoll-kind with dust brown fur and piercing yellow eyes, draped in the fine garb of his position and wearing an ornamental axe at his side. Before him, citizens of Nysa enter slowly, forming a line to make their pleas in the audience with the king.

The throne room is warded against teleportation, but if any see fit to visit him other than his own people, they are ushered in by a tall gnoll in an important-looking black and silver suit, who introduces them to the Prophet-King of Nysa.

DM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Denzen is currently affected by my Divine Blessing and Possess Mortal abilities, though he has control and I am only looking through his eyes. Also, 6 Avatars are going out into various major cities controlled by the player characters, disguised as common (human) businessmen, and seeking to pick up as much information on the government, plans for attending the upcoming convention, and the leader himself as they can without being overly noticed.
    Gather Information: (1d20+411)[414]
    Bluff (for hiding intentions if questioned): (1d20+409)[425]
    Last edited by Moonlitdreams; 2012-11-04 at 11:11 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Byss Gerta
    some forest...

A healthy young centaur woman accompanied by a bear walks through a secluded glade deep in a temperate forest. "Well, it's not often I get invited to a party" the centaur directs at the bear "What ever shall I wear?" she says with a smirk as she flips a crystal disc absently in one hand, a commoner watching would be surprised to hear the bear give a deep chuckle and a quip in return "I think I'll wear my tuxedo"
    Last edited by greenpotato; 2012-11-05 at 05:06 AM.

22. - Top - End - #22

Sonozaki Akira
    Kitra's Office

With a grin, Akira nods. "Very well. They shall be paid, rest assured."

"Oh, by the way,"
    he pauses, then continues. "We're removing the total disarmament clause, again due to the intel we've received. Don't bring in anything too blatantly powerful, but basic weaponry is fine. We can enforce the peace sufficiently."

Throne Room, Castle, Nysa

After quite a few citizens of your kingdom come to plea their cases, you see a short, blue-haired girl in a green sundress and wide-brimmed straw hat. She is escorted by tall gnoll in a black and silver suit, as expected. As she stops in front of your throne, she bows and speaks in a small, rather innocent-sounding voice.

"Hello, Duvaria-sama. For the upcoming Temporal Convention, we have received intelligence that there may be an attack. Please take this amulet. It shall help in case we are correct."

She gestures, causing a small hole opens in the air. An amulet on a thin mithril/adamantine chain floats over to you. The pendant on it is in the shape of an infinity sign, half silver, half blood red.

Some Forest

You see a short, blue-haired girl in a green sundress and wide-brimmed straw hat walking around. She's humming a strange tune, but stops once she sees you.

A radiant smile appears on her face as she calls out. "Hello there Gerta-san! Nipah~!"

OOC: Sonozaki Corporation/Atriol
    Spoiler
    Show
    The two terms "Sonozaki" and "Atriol" are often incorrectly used as interchangeable. They are not. The former refers to the military/commercial company, while the latter is the civilization.

There are more rumors than fact about both, but there are a few consistent facts.*They are extremely powerful and well-supplied, and*seem to be able to do quite a bit with impunity.

They have also developed and released a wide scale communication phenomenon known as the PsiPhone. Due to the cost (200 gp) only the nobility and adventurers can consistently afford them.

More data will come with Gather Information checks specifically on this topic (and when I feel like typing it up )

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

Kitra's office
    Vary well, I suppose what I have on now is fine then?

Also be sure nothing goes wrong. I have decided in place of my ten I will take the whole of the board. they can defend themselves well, but if people threaten them I bear no responsibility for damages that may ensue...

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show

The board is mostly epic NPCs of all avenues of life.

Ah yes, and I assume we each have appraise high enough to make out what each other has so lets list visible equipment.

Claw: plain metal claw, looks to be more for decoration, though if the stories are even half true it's far more dangerous then anything else
    Sword: plain bastard sword, a touch stylized
    cloths: plane cloth
    Rings: Two brass bands inter-lain with diamonds that are non-magical
    Shield: a sleek non-magical buckler half concealed around the clawed arm.
    The rest is the cloths described above.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Random city

Pao would walk into the city as he was looking for adventures office of a mayor office to seek work. He would stop next approaching person to see if he can get information on any type of work the city might have to be done. He really did not care it could be stopping goblin raiders to guard work as long as it gave him something to do and scratch his adventurers itch that he has.

Spoiler
    Show

gather information (1d20+8)[27]

25. - Top - End - #25

Sonozaki Akira
    Kitra's Office

Akira shrugs. "Very well then. We have sufficient preventative measures to prevent most conflicts."

Spoiler
    Show
    Indeed I do.

Eye-gadget thing- It looks magical, with the flashing lights and turning, but it's not. It appears to be made of something similar to copper.*Nonmagical.
    Clothes- Cotton, with some other fibers weaved in. As stated before, white shirt, black vest, black pants, black shoes, fingerless grey gloves. Nonmagical.
    Katana- Made of a blood red jade, stylized with a pattern of fiery red and orange stars.*Nonmagical.
    Wakizashi- Made of a matte black metal, stylized with a pattern of cold blue nebulae.*Nonmagical.
    Rings- One of silver with an embedded sapphire, one of gold with an embedded ruby. Nonmagical.
    Last edited by Morcleon; 2012-11-05 at 07:59 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

Kitra's office
    ... I hope so... In any case is there anything else?
    Spoiler
    Show

Cool, another person with no items with magic/special mechanical features and the like.

27. - Top - End - #27

Sonozaki Akira
    Kitra's Office

"Hmm, I believe so," Akira nods. He winks and throws a casual salute. "Then, I shall see you again in a week, at the Convention. May your weather stay clear, Kitra-dono."

Spoiler
    Show
    Um, yeah... Let's go with that.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

Kitra's office
    And may there ever be blood and coin to feed you blade. Kitra returns.
    Spoiler
    Show

Well if they o have such feature an appraise check is prone to spotting them...

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Byss Gerta
    some forest...

"Hello little girl, how do you know my name?" She smiles down while the bear sniffs cautiously at the stranger.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I don't suppose true seeing is telling me anything about her?

Common knowledge and visible equipment:

Spoiler
    Show

Byss is naked and carrying only that crystal disc which is non-magical. A knowledge check would identify it but if I say which one people will immediately metagame what it is.

You may not of heard of Byss Gerta but most soldiers and mercenaries have heard fairy tales and stories by campfire of a mighty warrior said to be stronger than a god called "the fist of the earth", not many people know that the beast of legend and the centaur before you are the same person but I think most PCs with the kind of skill ranks we have would.
    Last edited by greenpotato; 2012-11-05 at 04:56 PM.

30. - Top - End - #30

Sonozaki Akira
    Kitra's Office

Akira nods, then disappears in a swirling burst of shattered light. The faint remnants of his teleportation slowly fade into nothingness...

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, even an epic Appraise is only enough to detect magical auras...

But, eh, you having more data won't exactly hurt me, will it? *murphy's law, activated*

Eye-gadget thing- it seems to be used for scanning and identification and eye-based stuff like that.
    The rest of Akira's accoutrements seem to be just there for show (and, in the case of the swords, for cutting things).

Psicraft 24:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Transport travelers" function of reality revision.

Furude Yukari
    Some forest

The girl giggles at the bear, then bows to you. "Well, if we knew your location well enough to send you an invitation to the Temporal Convention, it stands to reason that we know your name, yes?"

She smiles knowingly, and, for a second, seems far older than she appears. But then her innocent visage returns, and she chirps, "Ah, I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Furude Yukari, of the Sonozaki Corporation!"

"We've recently received some intelligence that there may be an attack during the Convention, so please, take this amulet. It will protect you to some extent during your week in Ostia."

She gestures to the side, and a small hole opens in the air. An amulet floats out of it and over to you. The chain is thin, but made out of a strong mithril/adamantine alloy. The pendant hanging on it is in the shape of an infinity sign, half bright silver, half blood red.

Spoiler
    Show
    To the bear, she smells like a young, blue-haired girl in a green sundress.

You can't see anything unnatural about her. She appears to be, for all intents and purposes, a young, blue-haired girl in a green sundress. However, your true seeing seems to wavers slightly.

Make a caster level check of DC (1d20+64)[76] for more information.

Despite the fact that you are one of the few (read: the PCs) who know any significant information about the Sonozakis, you have never heard of a Furude Yukari, although her voice does sound vaguely similar to the insane laughter that often preceded a Sonozaki invasion during the War of Ages... Yay, character development!

I'm assuming that I've sent invitations to all the PCs, and they have been received and accepted.
    Last edited by Morcleon; 2012-11-05 at 05:23 PM.