New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Clash of the Titans

Random City

He would nod "alright but can pass message to person that does have the power to redirect the funds" he would say to her and nod "I shall be their nice and early" he say to her and respectful bow to her before going to look around the town it was not really worth to steal from him since he only has clothing he has on to steal.
    Last edited by niw18; 2012-11-08 at 05:17 PM.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

Byss Gerta
    some forest

The bear sniffs cautiously at the sushi but he shakes his head and he back to eating the still wriggling salmon in his paws. Byss tastes the strange morsel but you could assume by the look on her face that like the bear she likes her fish wriggling. "Ah, that's a... different.. way to eat fish"

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

Random city
    Nodding Kitra continued to her meeting. Knocking four audible knocks of varying pitch a heavy panel slid to reveal a bulky face, which nodding opened the door. Within kitra headed straight for the private room in which she was to meet Arrasil Sah
    That mystical swirling of multicolored leaves as they dance in the air, that fresh fall smell, the perfect weather that makes you feel so very alive. You can almost forget that you're watching dead tissue accumulate as winter claims the world and floods it with the calming scent of death.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Barbarian in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Denzen Duvaria
    Throne Room, Castle, Nysa

"Of course. In fact, as a show of good faith, I will lay down my weapon now. Do keep it safe." Denzen passes Yukari the axe, hilt first. "It has been good to meet you."

5. - Top - End - #65
    Firbolg in the Playground

Furude Yukari
    Some forest

Yukari shrugs. "Eh, I guess that's to be expected. It is an acquired taste, after all."

She finishes off the sushi and then, with a curious look, places her head under the water to stare at the fish close up.

With a gracious nod, Yukari accepts the axe from Denzen. She flips it around, admiring the design. "It's a wonderful weapon, Duvaria-sama. I shall be sure to keep it safe. May your weather be ever clear."

She bows again, and leaves the room, toting the axe on her shoulder. Upon leaving the castle, she teleports away in a flash of shattered light.

Spoiler
    Show
    The axe will undergo the following spells/powers:
    Analyze Dweomer
    Greater Arcane Sight
    Legend Lore
    Object Reading
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

6. - Top - End - #66

EvilClericGuy

Denzen Duvaria

"And yours..."

Denzen hums after the girl leaves, and he rubs his hairy chin in thought before looking back at his citizens.

Spoiler
    Show

Analyze Dweomer: There is minor transmutative magic on the axe that is identified as the Morphing property of a weapon.
    Greater Arcane Sight: The spells you identify on the axe are Arcane Mark and Greater Magic Weapon.
    Legend Lore: This item is not legendary by itself, but legend has it that Denzen has been seen channeling great power through it.
    Object Reading: How long are you planning to study the axe with this? Tell me if it is more than this.
    Last owner’s race: Gnoll
    Last owner’s gender: Male
    Last owner’s age: 38
    Last owner’s alignment: Lawful Evil
    How last owner gained and lost the object: Given by his god; handed to you.
    Last edited by Moonlitdreams; 2012-11-08 at 10:11 PM.

7. - Top - End - #67

PaladinGuy

Dodoran's palace
    "My men know better than to act unprovoked. But first, if you don't mind..."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Using detect magic, greater arcane sight, identify, detect good/evil/law/chaos, etc on Yukari.
    My wifi is down. It should be back up by the 22nd. Sorry, snowy, morcy, drack, hat, etc.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Bugbear in the Playground

Sehrul Rahman
    A hidden mountain valley

Sehrul sits in the center of the clearing with legs crossed and eyes closed in meditation. To any observer, it seems like he has been like this for at least a week.

His meditative state is soon disturbed, however, as he notices a disturbance in the area.

In a calm and gentle voice, he addresses the visitor in his midst. "There is no need to hide. My grove is welcome to all."

9. - Top - End - #69

Furude Yukari
    Dodoran's Castle

"Hmm...?" Yukari gives you a perplexed look. A few seconds later, she realizes what you are doing. "Oh! No, I don't mind at all. Just a second..."

She furrows her brow in concentration, temporarily flicking down her wards long enough for your spells to go through.

Spoiler
    Show
    Detect Magic/GAS: You detect a single overwhelming aura of universal.
    Identify: She is not a magic item.
    Detect (alignment): Strong chaos, none else. Canceled roll (forgot that I had lowered wards): (1d20+64)[16](80)

Hidden Mountain Valley

A young, blue-haired girl in a green sundress steps out from behind a rock. You recognize her as Furude Yukari, the primary liaison from the Sonozaki Corporation. She smiles at you.

"Hello, Rahman-san. For the upcoming Convention, intel has been received that there may be an attack. Please, take this amulet. It will allow you to be protected by our wards."
    Last edited by Morcleon; 2012-11-09 at 05:35 PM.
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Bugbear in the Playground

Sehrul Rahman
    Hidden Mountain Valley

Ah, little Yukari! How nice of you to drop by!" Plucking one of the rare fruits that only grow from this valley from a nearby branch, Sehrul offers it to her. "Would you care for some fruit?" Not many have tasted have braved the peaks to sample them, but the last time I was away from here I have heard nothing but praises for these sweets."

"I apologize for Titania's absence. She's currently away on one of her...excursions. But I assume that finding her would be well within your clan's means. I am sure that at least some of your chroniclers would be interested in her accounts of her...unusual time period. Spirits only know if how much the tales about her have warped and changed from her own time until I heard them as a young boy. I wouldn't even dare to imagine how much they have changed more since my childhood until the present day."

Yukari can really feel the weight of these words since local legends regarding the "Man in the Mountain, Sehrul Rahman" have, in one form or another, been circulating for at least several millennia.

Resting his chin on his hands in a contemplative pose, he peers deep into the depths of her eyes. "Now tell me more about this attack little one. I am sure Titania would be interested in what she would call "some honest bloody fun".

Titanomach, "Titania"
    Somewhere deep in one of the many red light districts in Sigil

A woman with bright red hair exits a room with nothing but a bedsheet wrapped around her. Strewn unconscious all around the room are various angels, demons, devils and other beings both mortal and immortal.

Before closing the door, the redhead tilts her head back and bids them goodbye with a smile. "Ta! Everyone! Try to keep up next time or risk being more of a disappointment to me."

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    I assume that this iteration of Yukari looks the same as the others under the guise of True Sight and Arcane Sight?

11. - Top - End - #71

Furude Yukari
    Hidden Mountain Valley

Nodding gratefully, Yukari receives the fruit, and takes a large bite. "It tastes great! Thank you!"

Pausing for a second, she chuckles. "Yes, I've already found her. She's just finished her 'excursion', as you called it. Quite the excursion too..."

"We actually don't know the nature of the attack, nor when it will happen. We'll just have to be vigilant the entire time,"
    she sighs. From a small hole in the air, an amulet floats out and over to you. Its chain is of mithril and adamantine, and the pendant is shaped as an infinity sign, half bright silver, half blood red.

Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, she looks the same under true seeing and GAS.

...actually, make an opposed CL check against (1d20+64)[6](70)

Red Light District, Sigil

As the scantily-clad redhead walks out of the room, a small figure watches her. After a few seconds, she jumps and lands on the lower figure, hugging her tightly.

"Hiiii 'Tania-chaaaaan~! How are you?" she squeals. With a bright smile, she giggles and gives her a mock disapproving look. "So, how many did you take on this time? Nipah~!"
    Last edited by Morcleon; 2012-11-09 at 05:32 PM.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

Byss Gerta
    Some Forest

"The idea that someone would attack the convention is troubling, the powerful warriors and figures that are going to be there would make such an attack quite a brazen move, the assailant must be quite confident in his power. Lets hope he's overconfident."
    Byss says with her look becoming more serious.
    "How did you get wind of the attack? please tell me all you can so that I can best prepare."

Spoiler
    Show

you didn't notice it before but she has a single slim crystal horn rising vertically out of her forehead and her fingernails are in fact the savage talons of a bird of prey (DM just approved some stuff that changed appearance)

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by drack View Post
    Random city
    Nodding Kitra continued to her meeting. Knocking four audible knocks of varying pitch a heavy panel slid to reveal a bulky face, which nodding opened the door. Within kitra headed straight for the private room in which she was to meet Arrasil Sah
    Arrasil Sah Kallathar

Random City

Kitra walks in, going through the halls, until she reaches the office area of Arrasil. A servant leads her to a library, where Arrasil waits for her. He is sitting in a wide armchair with a thoughtful expression on his face. There is another, empty armchair opposite to his and a small table with two glasses of wine between them.

As Kitra approaches he nods to acknowledge that he noticed her.
    "So, why did you want to meet?"
    He asks in quiet voice. And points to chair encouraging her to sit down.

Arrasil
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Lexin; 2012-11-09 at 07:18 PM.

“No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.”
    ― Steven Brust

“Plan. Yes. Good idea. I should come up with a plan.”
    ― Steven Brust, Dzur

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

Private library

Kitra slips across the room as cooly as a cat accepting the glass before taking a seat on the arm of Arrasil's chair.
    Casually she sips her beverage before replying "We've been invited to that science convention thing. You'll be expected to come." Kitra had found it always best to be direct and honest. he was such a bad liar that she would never have gotten anywhere without honesty.

Kitra
    That mystical swirling of multicolored leaves as they dance in the air, that fresh fall smell, the perfect weather that makes you feel so very alive. You can almost forget that you're watching dead tissue accumulate as winter claims the world and floods it with the calming scent of death.

15. - Top - End - #75

Furude Yukari
    Some forest

Shaking the water out of her hair, Yukari sighs. "Alright, but first, some precautions."

She holds up two fingers in front of her face and mutters something under her breath. For a moment, nothing happens. Then, a wave of magic explodes outwards from her. Nothing seems to change, save for a sense of total detachment from the world outside of the large bubble of magic.

"There, that should do it," she says, stretching a little. "Now, as for the details. One of our recent divinations came across what appeared to be some details for an attack upon the Convention. We attempted to look deeper, but were blocked by something that we could not penetrate. This in and of itself is disturbing, but we have found out that the origin point of this signal is not from the Prime Material. This means that the most likely source of these attackers are from one of the Outer Planes, which means that they may have divine support."

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Arrasil Sah Kallathar
    Private library

Arrasil nods slowly "Sounds fascinating... said with only a slightest hint of irony ... but there would be 'everyone that matters'... so I guess I would come too. Place and time?"

“No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.”
    ― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

It is later today, so we may as well just come together.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Darned OOC-IC time gap

Swirling her wine she takes another sip, good stuff, before continuing. "And our host doesn't want us to bring any non-mundane armaments with us."

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Arrasil Sah Kallathar
    Private library

"Good, just inform me when it's time."

"Oh, so I guess I should leave my letter opener here in this case..." Said with slightly amused expression "Do they expect trouble?"

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show

Just in case... armaments mean weapons, not all magic equipment?
    Last edited by Lexin; 2012-11-10 at 06:41 AM.

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

Private library

Spoiler
    Show
    Yes.

"Hmm. They claim to have airtight security, and hired eighty of our guards to keep up appearances, but I'm suspicious... I'm always suspicious when the whole board travels..."
    Kitra, taking another sip, ended up taking a swallow or two this time.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Arrasil Sah Kallathar
    Private library

"It is not like we are defenseless, although you are right, it's better to be prepared..."
    He stares in space for a while, thinking how to prepare, but then focuses back on Kitra.
    "More wine?"

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

Private Library

Absently Kitra holds out her now empty glass. "Yes"

"Naturally I have no need of the stuff, but I fear for the rest of you..."

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

Byss Gerta
    some forest

"Divine intervention and creatures from another plane. That gives me some hint as to how to prepare but why? what would they have to gain from attacking?" Byss asks as she turns the crystal disc thoughtfully in her hand.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Arrasil Sah Kallathar
    Private library

A servant shows up and pours wine.

"I will manage... he says with slight smile on his face ...as for others... they know when to watch out, I suppose they can at least defend themselves."

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

Private Library

Kitra sighs "I suppose you're right. Though what do you think we should do if something does happen?"

Removing the sword from her back such that it wouldn't ruin the nice cushion Kitra allows herself to sink back into it.
    Last edited by drack; 2012-11-10 at 07:24 AM.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Arrasil Sah Kallathar
    Private library

"Deal with every problem in an appropriate way. Take it as you like." He answers with a thoughtful expression on his face. He sips some wine and adds "Just don't show mercy... it would be impolite..."

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

Private library
    True, but they seem worried of an attack, look they even gave me a "special amulet" with which to ensure my safety. Here, take a look, but don't touch it least it be rigged... Perhaps it was odd, but while Kitra would take countless risks to herself as if they were nothing, she had a certain aversion to expecting others to do the same, especially those under her protection.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Troll in the Playground

Private library
    "Mothering as always, aren't you Kitten?" A wry tone drawled from the door, a blonde haired woman dressed in soft greens in the doorway. "I got bored of making the puppets dance, remembered your message, and came over to see if you were in." The delicately featured woman, beautiful beyond the means of words to properly describe, stepped into the room.

"So what's the amulet? Beyond one of those things that Sonozaki keep on trying to locate me about so that they can give me one." She chuckled as she crossed the room, sinking into the other chair. "I wonder if they'll give up any time soon..." She mused. "Anyway, it's good to see you two. It's getting harder and harder to find people who don't fall over drooling whenever they see me...."

She actually sounded annoyed by the last point.
    Last edited by Snowfire; 2012-11-10 at 11:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuintonBeck View Post
    Many thanks to Snowfire for collating all these. He's a madman, but he's a helpful madman.
    Spoiler: Things
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    Damn you Snowfire. I cried.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon777 View Post
    T_T I swear, you just made me cry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Well, here's another for your sig, Snowfire.

<struck dumb>

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

Private library
    "Twinkle Star! What took you?! We were beginning to think you'd gotten lost in the heavens with all those comments about fallen angels..." Kitra's tone is light and taunting as she gestures for the old friend to take the vacant seat.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Troll in the Playground

Private library
    "Eh, once you've seduced twenty Archangels away from Heaven, you've seduced them all." The woman replied with a rather satisfied grin. "I've considered a few times letting one of the Sonozaki's lackeys find me just so I could try them out...but there just isn't the same thrill."

"So Kitten, what's the new jewelry from them about? Got on the 'inside' with one of their execs?" Her blue-grey eyes twinkle with teasing amusement.
    Last edited by Snowfire; 2012-11-10 at 11:45 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuintonBeck View Post
    Many thanks to Snowfire for collating all these. He's a madman, but he's a helpful madman.
    Spoiler: Things
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    Damn you Snowfire. I cried.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon777 View Post
    T_T I swear, you just made me cry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Well, here's another for your sig, Snowfire.

<struck dumb>

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Arrasil Sah Kallathar
    Private library

"Interesting... Let's see." Arrasil whispers something trying to find out what's the purpose of the amulet.
    He nods politely again, as another guest comes in.
    "...And nice to see you too."
    He says just a short while before a servant shows up serving wine... or accepting other requests.

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur