New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Default Re: Clash of the Titans

Denzen Duvaria
    Throne Room, Castle, Nysa

The gnoll king tips his head curiously at the sight, unused to seeing human children around this area. And unsupervised, at that.

"Hello, child. Do I presume too much that you are a representative of the Sonozaki Corporation?" He catches the amulet in one clawed hand, examining it. "I can provide more security if necessary, but what sort of attack are you expecting?"

Common knowledge and visible equipment:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nysa is a relatively new nation that has sprung up within the last few decades, a theocratic union of the previously divided and constantly warring gnoll tribes.

Denzen wears the clothes of royalty and the gloves and hooded cloak of the Prophet-King, which is similar to the garb the clerics among Nysan society wear. The axe he wears at his side glows with faint magic, but not much. The only other magical aura coming from him originates from the miniature silver shield hanging against his chest at the end of a chain necklace. The shield is gray-silver and etched with obsidian, a black chevron engraved near the top and a golden strip of lightning underneath. Knowledge Religion would identify more about this.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Byss Gerta
    some forest

"Ah, so either this company of yours smiles upon child labor or you are more than you appear little girl. Even if you are a child who would trust a child with such a task anyway, no, you are some other creature attempting to deceive me"
    the young centaur frowns as the bear slowly moves around behind the girl "So, what do you gain by deceit? Are you hideous? Perhaps a foul demon? Or perhaps a villain recognized on sight?" the centaur begins to flip the disc that she holds in the air.
    "Nevertheless I cannot accept this trinket from you, my faith forbids me from such vanities. Maybe instead you could tell me what the device does and what sort of attack you are expecting?"

Spoiler
    Show

I can't seem to find where true seeing says it requires a caster level check to work... is it some ability that you have?
    My character sheet is uncompleted and caster level is one of the things that's still up in the air but lets assume that I either can't roll that high or got a natural 1 if I can
    I will use detect evil though.
    Last edited by greenpotato; 2012-11-05 at 06:26 PM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show

Fine, fine.

Random city
    Kitra stretched standing and allowed her hand to gently fall and caress her sword. Deciding she had had enough of reports for the moment she went out for a walk about the town.

No doubt she was moderately surprised when Pao stopped her asking about work.

"Sadly there are few such jobs these days, and commonly people will seek mercenaries for such tasks through channels like CUP i order to more immediately recruit the muscle they need. Luckily we've just received a job if you' like to work for us...?"
    That mystical swirling of multicolored leaves as they dance in the air, that fresh fall smell, the perfect weather that makes you feel so very alive. You can almost forget that you're watching dead tissue accumulate as winter claims the world and floods it with the calming scent of death.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Firbolg in the Playground

Furude Yukari

"Indeed I am," she replies. "My name is Furude Yukari."

"More security is unnecessary. It's merely that it is better if we need not worry excessively about the safety of our attendees." Yukari shrugs and glances around aimlessly before continuing. "As for the nature of the attack, that has not yet been confirmed, nor is it very likely to be."

Spoiler
    Show
    Knowledge (religion): (1d20+127)[6](133)

Some Forest

"Me? A villain? Don't be ridiculous, Gerta-san. Why would I be a villain...?" questions Yukari, as she giggles.

Composing herself, she gives a half-hearted chuckle and sigh. "What does it do? Oh, it lets us rapidly place various magical defenses onto the wearer. It's not inherently valuable; it just works as a beacon. We can make do without, though, if it's a faith-related confliction.

"As for the nature of the attack, that has not yet been confirmed, nor is it very likely to be."

Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, it's not just anti-true seeing, it's anti-divination, requiring opposed checks to see if anything works. Incidentally, detect evil doesn't seem to work either (no reading, ala :Belkar:).
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

Byss Gerta
    some forest

"If your not a villain then what are you, you're not the little girl that you pose as, that much is sure. What manner of creature are you?" the girl now stands in between the bear and the centaur.
    Last edited by greenpotato; 2012-11-05 at 09:19 PM.

6. - Top - End - #36

PaladinGuy

Dodoran's castle
    Dodoran finishes with the patient he was checking on, a man who had both of his legs and most of his upper body blown away in a magical accident.
    "My apologies for taking so long. And please, I'm just Dodoran. Would you like to talk in private?", the paladin asks as the injured experimenter stands up and walks out of the hospital.
    My wifi is down. It should be back up by the 22nd. Sorry, snowy, morcy, drack, hat, etc.

7. - Top - End - #37

Furude Yukari
    Some forest

With a sigh, Yukari glances at her position between the bear and centaur. She chuckles. "Ah, but that, my dear Gerta-san, is classified. I can, however, tell you that I am not... well, alive in the strictest sense of the word. Not in the sense of an undead, or construct, but just... untethered to a physical body. This particular body was actually built specifically so I didn't have to rely on illusions."

Dodoran's Castle

The girl nods and follows you out of the hospital. Once in a private room, she begins to speak. "My name is Furude Yukari, of the Sonozaki Corporation. Concerning the upcoming Temporal Convention, we have received intelligence that suggests at a possible attack during the week. To prevent harm to our attendees, we have been distributing these pendants."

She gestures to the side, and a small hole opens in the air. An amulet floats out of it and over to you. The chain is thin, but made out of a strong mithril/adamantine alloy. The pendant hanging on it is in the shape of an infinity sign, half bright silver, half blood red.
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

The Lord commander had looked like he was enjoying the sparring session, but it had suddenly turned around, when he smacked him in the back of the head with the flat of Grimnir. When that happened the jubilant smile was wiped clean, and intensity and focus returned.

The crowd of War-Clerics was jeering and hooting, all manner of discipline lost, for the moment.

The ring was a large circle of green flame, the floor a checkered stone, black and white in honor of her Red lady. It was enchanted to even out the odds when two people dueled, allowing masters and apprentices to use skill of blade instead of raw power. It leveled the playing field, but when you're dueling a demigod, such things still did not help.

But Aegir enjoyed it, and so to did Felix, the Lord commander.

It had been going on for some time, and sweat beaded down the naked torso of Aegir's dark stony chest.

But it then ended as the Deputy Commander, Jaron Xil, entered the dueling chamber. Something must have been up, and so the duel must end.

Heaving his great battleaxes, he launched an up down assault against the commander, a standard routine for a dual wielder, causing the man to curse and instinctively shift his stance and defense to cope with it, opening the man up to the more deadly crescent hammer strike. Two strokes in he broke his momentum, rolled to the right with lightning speed and swung both weapons from both sides at the commanders knees and neck.

The Commander saw what was coming at him at the last moment and managed to parry the neck chop while jumping into the air to avoid the ankle swipe, he managed it, but put himself into an open position for the backswing, both blades met the man in the chest, the 'hammer' connected and sliced him in two.

The Lord-Commander disappeared in a puff of smoke, appearing next to the Deputy-Commander with a wry grin.

"You always get me with that!" he declared with a finger pointed towards Aegir.

Shaking the magic off, the ring puffed out at his will "Aye, I do." he said, with a big grin "But you fall for it, every time! whats a man to do?"

Shaking his head the man smiled and turned to his Deputy "News my Lord?"

The Deputy-Commander was a rueful man, loving War almost more than he did the Rule of man. Or simply put, rules. He was the lawmaker in the Citadel, and most of the students had dubbed him the 'grand judge'.

He nodded to the Lord-Commander "Yes Milord, a message has come for his Liege" he said pointing towards Aegir.

Aegir pointed to himself "Me?" he said incredulously, as if he was no one.

Lord Jaron showed no change in emotion "Aye"

Shaking his head at his stoic Deputy, Aegir laughed out loud, making a booming sound in the chamber "I shall take it in my chamber." With that, he tossed both axes in the air, caught them and walked out towards his room.

Spoiler
    Show

The legend of Aegir is known far and wide, a Goliath who championed Her Lady in Red (the Red Knight), gained sainthood and became her Ordained Champion gaining godhood through sheer force of will and experience. He recently opened a War academy dubbed the Citadel and recruited those men and women with like mind.
    Last edited by BelGareth; 2012-11-05 at 10:23 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare
    “Gnyðja mundu nú grísir, ef þeir vissi, hvat inn gamli þyldi” -Ragnar Lodbrok

"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus

Discord -Now with a recruitment bot!

9. - Top - End - #39

Sonozaki Akira
    Aegir's Chamber

As you walk into your chambers, you are met by the sight of a dark-haired man of medium height. You recognize him as Sonozaki Akira, leader of the Sonozaki Corporation. Beside him stands a short, blue-haired girl in a green sundress with a wide-brim straw hat. As they see you enter, they perk up and bow slightly to you.

"Hello, Aegir-dono. As you likely know, I am Sonozaki Akira, of the Sonozaki Corporation. My companion here is Furude Yukari. We have received intel that suggests a possible attack during the upcoming Temporal Convention. In order to better protect our attendees, we are issuing these amulets, which should help greatly."

He nods to Yukari, who then gestures to the air, a floating hole opening above the ground. An amulet floats out of it and over to you. The chain is thin, but made out of a strong mithril/adamantine alloy. The pendant hanging on it is in the shape of an infinity sign, half bright silver, half blood red.

Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you for the obvious prompt.

10. - Top - End - #40

EvilClericGuy

Denzen Duvaria

"And that may be, but I tend to err on the side of caution," he says aimlessly, examining the amulet. After a moment, piercing gold eyes return to the little girl. "What could this amulet possibly do to outweigh the protective efforts of a squad of my guards?"

Spoiler
    Show
    I should have just assumed you would get that check... The shield is a stylized holy symbol of Swaoul, a deity of justice and retribution that the gnolls claim as their patron. Denzen won the throne largely through the prestige his claims of dream-connection with the deity gave him, and the shows of power to back it up. Thus the title, Prophet-King.

Incidentally, what does the amulet look like under Greater Arcane Sight and True Seeing?

11. - Top - End - #41

PaladinGuy

Dodoran holds up the pendant, running the usual magical checks on it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I use detect magic, identify, etc.
    My wifi is down. It should be back up by the 22nd. Sorry, snowy, morcy, drack, hat, etc.

12. - Top - End - #42

Furude Yukari

"But a squad of guards can only protect against some attacks," Yukari points out. "This amulet will attune you to our wards, which has a much more comprehensive defensive array."

Spoiler
    Show
    The amulet looks exactly the same under True Seeing. Under GAS, however, the amulet itself is nonmagical, but there are two spells detected: Arcane Mark and Augment Object.

Dodoran's Castle

Yukari continues to stare at you with a curious and utterly adorable look.

Spoiler
    Show
    At this level, it's generally best to list out everything.

You detect a faint aura of universal and a faint aura of transmutation.

Spellcraft DC 15
    Spoiler
    Show
    Arcane Mark

Spellcraft DC 18
    Spoiler
    Show
    Augment Object

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

Byss Gerta
    some forest

"Don't you think it's a little creepy to create vessels or whatever in the shape of little girls?" Byss gives a dismissive wave and changes subject
    "Anyway, yes it's a matter of faith for me, I'm afraid I wont be able to carry the amulet but I hope that I will survive the foretold attack and be able to help in it's aftermath despite my lack of protective jewelry"

14. - Top - End - #44

Furude Yukari
    Some forest

"Eh," Yukari shrugs. "This is the self-image I have, so why wouldn't I take this form?"

She then hums, and tilts her head to the side. "Well, we don't have to have the amulet to have you attuned, but it just helps." She stares very intently into your eyes for a few seconds. A faint wash of... some form of mental energy passes around you, then Yukari smiles. "Okay! I think we can identify you closely enough that you should be fine for the Convention."
    Last edited by Morcleon; 2012-11-06 at 08:55 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

Aegir is toweling his head off as he walks into his chambers, he pauses as he see's Sonozaki Akira and his companion. He grins, obviously he was going to have to improve the Wards of this place. And soon.

He listens as he moves inside and pours himself a decanter of wine, offering some to his abrupt guests. He waits for them to finish,
    "Your pendant is well received, but you do you know there is a front door, right?"

He waves off the question, "You do have sufficient protection at this convention correct? I am more than willing to provide some assistance, be there in a completely professional manner of course. These kinds of things bore me to death. What exactly was the intel suggesting? I mean, should I bring a regiment? The Red Lady knows the boys are itching to stretch their legs"
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare
    “Gnyðja mundu nú grísir, ef þeir vissi, hvat inn gamli þyldi” -Ragnar Lodbrok

"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus

Discord -Now with a recruitment bot!

16. - Top - End - #46

PaladinGuy

Dodoran smiles, than turns back to the girl.
    "Now, exactly what sort of military force will you have at the convention?"

17. - Top - End - #47

Sonozaki Akira
    Aegir's Chamber

Akira and Yukari both accept Aegir's proffered drinks with simultaneous nods of thanks. The shorter of the two finishes the drink in one gulp and chirps, "Psh. Doors are for normal people!"

Rolling his eyes at his companion's antics, Akira takes a much slower sip, and answers Aegir. "Of course we have sufficient protection. We're the Sonozaki Corporation." He grins, and takes another sip. He continues, "If you wish, you may bring a few of your best men. But, please, make sure that they know that the Convention meant to be peaceful, and that said peace will be very strictly enforced."

Furude Yukari
    Dodoran's Castle

Yukari smiles, and giggles. As she speaks, her hands gesticulate excitedly. "Well, we'll have these giant ships guarding the place, a lot of soldiers around, and we'll have our awesome magical wards!"

She pauses to take in a breath, then continues in a much calmer voice. "Oh, and they'll all be invisible too. Nipah~!"

18. - Top - End - #48

EvilClericGuy

Denzen Duvaria

"Sufficiently skilled guards can take care of much," Denzen counters with a toothy grin. He waves a hand. "But I digress. Are there any other matters that I should be aware of before the Convention?"

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

Byss Gerta
    some forest

"So do you eat girl-thing? We were just going to the river to catch some fish if you would like to join us"

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

Random city

He would look to the being from under his hat and listened to her words and would look to her “what does this job require to be done“ he would inquire from the female that seemed to work for this cup place . His hand looked like brown muck like hand and fixed his hat and looked and paid attention to the female wondering what type information on the job the women will give him.
    Last edited by niw18; 2012-11-07 at 09:27 AM.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

Random City

"Guard duty for a convention."
    That mystical swirling of multicolored leaves as they dance in the air, that fresh fall smell, the perfect weather that makes you feel so very alive. You can almost forget that you're watching dead tissue accumulate as winter claims the world and floods it with the calming scent of death.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

Random City

He would ponder to himself for a moment before deciding it was work he had all money he needed for the monastery any money he ever made was at monastery "well count me in and all have to pay me is a place to stay and a donation from this cup place to Burning fist monastery" he would inform the female. He wondering what type convention it was he did hear in his travels of leaders of various places meeting but had no idea it was for this convention thing.
    Last edited by niw18; 2012-11-07 at 10:31 AM.

23. - Top - End - #53

Furude Yukari

Yukari tilts her head and she sways back and forth, as if contemplating quite a bit. She stops and smiles at you. "Hmm... The Convention is peaceful. Don't attack or provoke others. This peace will be strictly enforced. Other than that, there is nothing else."

Some forest

With a disappointed stare, Yukari pouts slightly. "Hey, just because I'm not a real human girl, it doesn't give you the right to call me a 'girl-thing'. I mean, how would you like it if I called you a 'horse-thing'?"

She shrugs dismissively, then nods emphatically. "But yes, I would love to join you." With a smile, she follows you.

24. - Top - End - #54

PaladinGuy

Dodoran responds, "Well, in that case I must request permission to take a force of around a hundred soldiers. You needn't worry- my honor guard are all paladins."

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

Giving the man an odd look Kitra proceeds to explain how The Committee for Unfinanced Potential (CUP) Is a non-profit community outreach program matching mercenaries with employers, and working to ensure that everyone is able to feed their families. "Currently we have a job guarding a convention for a week, for which you will be compensated five silver pieces per day. Is this not precisely what you were just asking directions for?"

26. - Top - End - #56

Furude Yukari
    Dodoran's Castle

With a nonchalant shrug, Yukari smiles. "Go ahead. But please do note that the Convention is entirely peaceful, and that the peace will be strictly enforced. That means no smiting."

She giggles at her joke, and folds her hands in front of her. "Is there anything else you would like to know?"

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

Byss Gerta
    some forest

The only response Yukaris pout gets is a hearty laugh before the centaur sets off. After a few minutes walking through the forest the sound of running water can be heard and not long after that the trees give way to a wide river with large fish leaping upstream. The bear races off ahead and leaps into the water and with a carefree laugh Byss follows. The centaur snatches up a large fish that she bites into hungrily, she waves at the girl to come and join them.

28. - Top - End - #58

Furude Yukari
    River, Some forest

With a wide smile and laugh, Yukari dashes forwards over the water, her footsteps only lightly touching the surface. She stops beside Byss and her eyes dart around, looking for a fish. One swift swipe later, a large salmon rests in her hands. She tosses it into the air, and then, with a shout, she leaps up to meet it at its peak.

A flash of metal later, Yukari lands in a crouch on the river surface. A split second later, her hastily acquired ninjato spearing through several equally hastily made pieces of fish wrapped in rice and seaweed. Where she got the sword and the rest of the supplies remains a mystery.

"Look! It's sushi!" she declares triumphantly, pulling a piece off with her teeth and enthusiastically eating it. She then pulls several more off telekinetically, and offers them to Byss and the bear.

Spoiler
    Show
    Because, obviously, all young children are taught how to make midair ninja sushi.
    Last edited by Morcleon; 2012-11-07 at 08:15 PM.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

Random City

He noticed the odd look and laughed it had been a while and it a very odd concept that not many practice anymore. He would listen to the explanations and heard her “I did but I cannot do to my training and beliefs carry anything of wealth I live a life of poverty so can you have five silver to the monastery where it be held and used to feed orphans that we take in plus get supplies we might need” he would explain to the female that was confused and looked to her again “where is the convention being held and when did you want me to be there for” he would ask her.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

Random City

Still somewhat concerned that the man was not hearing her Kitra repeated that she was not the employer and would have no power to direct his funds. "You can meet in front of the CUP office at 5O' clock in three days. It's a large brick building with an iconic cup on the front, you can't miss it."