New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Clash of the Titans

"That it would be. And more power to you for defying the stereotypes that seek to define you."

Jena smiles, quite peacefully, and nods. "As to my origin, no. Not as far as I can tell. The gift given to me was a...culmination of sorts. Something my sister had worked on for...a...long time." She shrugs. "Our people had always had some ability, but my sister...she was something else. I think you would have liked her." She quirks an eyebrow. "She was - I believe - the first member of our race to actually start delving into the secrets of our gift. Perhaps it was folly - considering the reaction to me - but I think not. I think rather that...well." She shakes her head.

"I found my purpose a long time ago, willingly and in full knowledge of its cost." She says finally, a single finger painting patterns in the air above them. "The gift I was given was an...understanding more than anything else. A way of looking at my abilities, and that of others, and was quite unique. And I have made it my life's work to complete that understanding." Her finger traces strange letters on the edge of the pattern, before moving to its heart. "Watch."

She lays the tip of her finger on the center of the pattern, and the world blows away in a haze of light.

Spoiler
    Show

And as suddenly as it began, it ends, the seemingly endless torrent of lights and symbols fading back into the world around them. And Jena sighs. "Every time, a little more revealed."
    Last edited by Snowfire; 2012-11-25 at 09:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuintonBeck View Post
    Many thanks to Snowfire for collating all these. He's a madman, but he's a helpful madman.
    Spoiler: Things
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    Damn you Snowfire. I cried.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon777 View Post
    T_T I swear, you just made me cry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Well, here's another for your sig, Snowfire.

<struck dumb>

2. - Top - End - #242
    Firbolg in the Playground

Sonozaki Akira

"..." Akira blinks a few times in the aftermath of the light show. An admiring smile crosses his face. "Just when you think you seen everything, life finds a way to surprise you. That was quite the sight. The fundamental formulae for your gift, I presume?"

He quirks an eyebrow back at Jena. "And perhaps I would have liked her. But unless the doorway to your original realm is reopened, I probably won't meet her. I've met her sister, though, and I have to say, I do quite like her."
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Troll in the Playground

"I believe so." She replies. "Now, I think, you might understand why the powers of this world find such little purchase on my body, soul and mind. To them, I am simply...not there."

Her eyes turn sad though, at mention of her sister. "Even if the doorway could be re-opened, I doubt that you would have more than a passing glimpse of her before she was slain." She says finally. "She tapped a power that the Gods of our universe had never intended to be controlled. Not beyond simple magics. Theory, theory was safe. But practicing such theory... She shook her head. "That was a death sentence, passed down from the Highest in fear that the gift of Silver granted to my people would be let us steal their power away. And in giving me the understanding she did - even fragmented - we defied them beyond their paltry ability to forgive."

Her hand turns under his, squeezing gently. "But in the end, she did the right thing. And whilst I know she would like you, if she was to come here, now, I might be forced to take her somewhere far away: where she could be safe from all those who would wish to take her understanding by force - and where you might be safe from her." She smirks. "For I think even you might find yourself out of your depth if confronted by both me and her at once."
    Last edited by Snowfire; 2012-11-25 at 10:40 PM.
    Many thanks to Snowfire for collating all these. He's a madman, but he's a helpful madman.
    Show

<struck dumb>

4. - Top - End - #244
    Titan in the Playground

"Ah" Kitra replies sagely pretending that she knows who the lady is talking about. Practically dragging the lady towards the "wheel of iron" kitra "Say lady, how do you see yourself?" Kitra asks as she pushes her way through the crowds.
    That mystical swirling of multicolored leaves as they dance in the air, that fresh fall smell, the perfect weather that makes you feel so very alive. You can almost forget that you're watching dead tissue accumulate as winter claims the world and floods it with the calming scent of death.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ogre in the Playground

Pitfiends

Pao noticed the eyebrow raise and heard her words and laughed "how smart of you but simple mined that you did not notice a right fit of heaven and left fist of hell guess and I have meet him we have a natural non interference agreement with understanding that balance must be kept" he say to the pitfiend that was being careful. He found this pit fiend very interesting that was to say for sure.

6. - Top - End - #246

Sonozaki Akira

"Yes, I believe so," he muses. "Still, it's quite curious that two worlds, so similar, can be so different..."

He listens to her talk of her sister, and returns the hand squeeze. Finally, he smiles wistfully. "A power not meant to be controlled... it reminds me of the circumstances of our escape from our original planet. Our science so surpassed even the greatest of the magical beings that they waged a war on us to preserve their supremacy, under the pretense that this power would corrupt us. We fled, of course, and eventually found our way here."

He glances over and gives her a quirked eyebrow. "So it seems I'll never be able to meet this sister of yours then. A shame, I suppose. Although I do rather disagree with that final statement." He grins and chuckles. "My abilities have generally been able to carry me through anything, and sheer arrogance and willpower shall do the rest."

Kitra

"With a mirror," Miyoko replies with a wry smile, letting herself be dragged along amiably. "But to actually respond to your question, in what way do you mean, look at myself?"

Pao

She smiles, a devious grin, and chuckles. "And what, then, would our little balancer like to know of my master?"
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Titan in the Playground

Continuing to push through the crowd Kitra chuckles. "A good answer were that by question, but I asked not how you look at yourself, but how you see yourself. When you look in your mirror of mirrors, what is it you see?"

Finally reaching the wheel Kitra sighs in exasperation at the length of the line.
    That mystical swirling of multicolored leaves as they dance in the air, that fresh fall smell, the perfect weather that makes you feel so very alive. You can almost forget that you're watching dead tissue accumulate as winter claims the world and floods it with the calming scent of death.

8. - Top - End - #248

Kitra

Giggling, Miyoko nods and smiles. "Ah, you make a good point. How I see myself, hmm...?"

She pauses, then shrugs. "I see a woman too foolish and arrogant in her youth, who couldn't see properly the consequences of her actions, whose hubris blinded her to what she had done, and who, in her old age, is trying to fix everything she had done wrong."

9. - Top - End - #249
    Titan in the Playground

Kitra responds without turning "Well I'm just a small time farm girl trying to survive to tomorrow and have some fun. Must be nice having regrets, frets, and goals. What do you have to regret so much anyways. I'll bet I killed more people then you did, and probably lead to the deaths of more friends too."

10. - Top - End - #250

Kitra

"Regrets and goals are purpose. And it is purpose that creates us, purpose that connects us, purpose that guides us. Without purpose, we would not be here." Miyoko smiles at Kitra, her eyes glittering with amusement.

"What have I to regret? Much. I suppose my primary regret is killing my beloved's family. Yuki-kun has forgiven me for that yet." She laughs dryly, with a hint of of sadness. "Ah, but quantity is not everything, yes? You may have killed more, but those who died by your hand at least were allowed to travel to their respective afterlives. Those I killed... I didn't just kill them," she whispers . "I utterly destroyed their souls."
    Last edited by Morcleon; 2012-11-27 at 08:30 PM.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Titan in the Playground

As kitra turns it becomes clear she's pouting (and has been) "no...no, they weren't allowed to their afterlives... does this mean I have no purpose tethering me to life...?"

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ogre in the Playground

"Your some kind of spirit?" Byss asks.

13. - Top - End - #253

Kitra

Giggling slightly at Kitra's pouting, Miyoko pats her gently on the head. "Everyone has a purpose in life. I guess you just haven't found yours yet."

Byss Gerta

Negitas smiles kindly and nods. "Yes, I am the spirit of this tree. Sort of." He chuckles and then tilts his head over to one side. "Yukari told me that you were a Druid of some sort? I can feel the power within you..."

14. - Top - End - #254
    Titan in the Playground

Kitra squints at the lady "Can't fool me with cop-out answers. No purpose is no purpose, and kitra don't want one!"

15. - Top - End - #255

"Then what sort of answer would you prefer, Kitra-chan?" Miyoko raises an eyebrow. "Besides, it may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others."

16. - Top - End - #256
    Titan in the Playground

I don't wanna be a sign, I wanna be a shadow claw. That's what kitra told me to be so now I'm a kitra, with no meaning, only fun and life.

Seeing the line dwindling Kitra gives a "Yippee" before mounting the treacherous wheel of iron.

17. - Top - End - #257

Kitra

Miyoko shrugs and follows her new companion onto the wheel of iron. She sits down amiably beside Kitra and continues speaking. "Then that would be your purpose, yes? To be a shadow claw, to have fun, and through those actions make an impression, however unintended, on the world."

The wheel begins to spin, slowly raising their compartment into the air, lights flashing across its outside.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Titan in the Playground

Kitra resumes pouting mumbling something about not having ever asked for a purpose in life.

19. - Top - End - #259

Kitra

Gazing at the pouting woman, Miyoko sighs and gives her cloaked companion a small hug. "If you don't want to have a purpose, why not just do what you want, regardless of what I may tell you? After all, I can only show you the possible doors. You are the one to decide your own fate, yes?"

20. - Top - End - #260
    Titan in the Playground

Kitra harrumphs and continues to pout until the wheel begins turning, carrying her spirits up with it. "Hay, look, they're all tiny!"

21. - Top - End - #261

Kitra

Miyoko laughs brightly, the first legitimately happy noise she's made so far. Still grinning, she gives Kitra an amused look. "Yes. Yes they are. I love this ride. It's so simple, yet it's sooo cool!"

22. - Top - End - #262
    Titan in the Playground

Kitra looks about from her new and heightened vantage point taking in the sights while looking for another fun and entertaining ride.
    Last edited by drack; 2012-11-29 at 08:25 AM.

23. - Top - End - #263

Kitra

As the wheel goes around, you take note of a few particularly flashy rides. One far above, a twisting, floating track, only touching the ground where the train loads and unloads. One that appears to send small floating craft directly into a large ocean of water. And one that is labeled simply, "The Tunnel", with a dark, somewhat creepy decoration around it.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Troll in the Playground

"But would it not be boring, so very boring, if our worlds had been that similar, K'ren'fa." Jena replies with a smile, which sours as Akira continues speaking. "And I see your world was similar enough." She shakes her head. "Established power is never willing to accept a match, so scared of losing the supremacy which it has held. Seemingly regardless of world and situation, it always ends the same way. The powers meet in battle, the older trying to obliterate the younger before it can become a 'true' threat."

She shakes her head again, this time much more sharply. "Too bad that the old almost always forgets that the young can simply escape." She slips off the bed, standing - her naked back to Akira.

"Do you think vengeance is wrong, Akira?" She asks softly.
    Show

<struck dumb>

25. - Top - End - #265

Sonozaki Akira

"..it's a cycle, you know." Akira muses, smiling enigmatically. "The young grows to be old, and ends up simulating that which they had escaped or defeated. And eventually, another 'young' will come to rise up against them." He pauses, and chuckles. "It'll happen to us, eventually. It's why we've tried to keep any first contact situations peaceful, and then tried to either coexist peacefully, or convince them to join us."

He glances over as Jena rises from the bed. Carefully considering her question, he steeples his fingers and finally says, "What is 'wrong'? How do you define 'wrong'? If by wrong, you mean a subjective sense of good and evil, then wrong is merely a paradigm about the world, an opinion coming in through your own senses. But if you believe it to be right, then to you, it is." He tilts his head to one side, and continues. "Of course, if you want a more solid answer, then no, I don't believe vengeance is always wrong. It always depends on the circumstances."

26. - Top - End - #266
    Titan in the Playground

"Say, lady..." Kitra begins producing a funnel cake from nowhere. "Where do you get all these funny foods?"

27. - Top - End - #267

Kitra

Glancing the funnel cake, Miyoko brightens. "Oh, we sometimes travel to parallel worlds where we pick up a few ideas here or there... Also, can I have some?

28. - Top - End - #268
    Titan in the Playground

"Mine!" Kitra declare taking an indignent bite before breaking some off, and with a suspicious glance adding "But you can have a little."

29. - Top - End - #269

Kitra

Accepting the offer eagerly, Miyoko begins munching on it happily. She chuckles at Kitra. "You're really protective of your stuff, aren't you Kitra-chan?"

30. - Top - End - #270
    Titan in the Playground

"My stuff is mine" Kitra replies matter-o-factually before frowning over her shoulder at her empty scabbard.