New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Oydssey of the Nautilus

Chapter 1-1- Escape from the darkness

A series of unfortunate events; that is one way to describe the fact that now all your paths have converged in this prison. One way or another the azurites caught you and your companions perhaps (those that were weak or injured they executed) and brought you to a stone fortress upon the Great Sea’s wall. Time, day and night would have had disappeared if it wasn’t for the predictable rhythm of your meals, foul smelling fish broth that is of excitement only to the numerous pale crabs that share your cells.

Few people speak to you and talking to those next to you is forbidden; you have learned that failing to compile with that quickly brings in Kyan the Tickler. An elderly narrow faced man with a balding crown of pale blue hair and a pointed beard, he takes you to his torture chamber (just down the corridor) where in, quiet glee, he ‘plays’ with you. Then, when you think that death has finally reached down to take you; he will heal your wounds with a gentle tap of his staff before taking you back to your cell.

There used to be others too, but either they didn’t last or where taken away… Usually they got replaced quite quickly, but a new prisoner hasn’t been brought in for a while. Kyan has also stopped visiting you and his torture chambers have gone eerily quiet. There seem to fewer guards around too. Something is amiss…

There’s been something else too. It started of quiet three weeks ago, a dull throbbing echo in your head. Than it became a more coherent voice which calls itself Grey Matter.

You can hear me.” It says in monotone “I can assure you that you are not going insane, this is merely a telepathic connection. I can help and I too want to escape. We can. I can get us out of here. But I need you to carry me and you need to work together to do that. There’s a giant nautilus chained outside, my host, take me to it, set it free and we can leave. But before you do, I have to set you free… It's not the right yet... too many enemies... but they are leaving soon...

It has been silent for the last few days. So have your guards, in fact at this very moment there are no guards in adjacent to your cells. Perhaps you should take this moment to talk to each other.

Spoiler
    Show
    Okay manged to make the damn image to work. Flickr just had to make it complicated. Starting locations are: 2W, 2S, 2O, 2K, 2G (the colored squares). You do not have to post starting locations just yet as the map hasn't started yet. I will also be posting the goal after the first bout of roleplaying.
    Last edited by Rising Phoenix; 2012-11-03 at 11:52 PM.
    Awesome FE sprites done by Penguinator

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

My characters

Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #2
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Oydssey of the Nautilus

Octamus, can you hear me? It's me Lillian. Some mage said he wants to help us, but we have to help him. Will you be okay to help? Are you injured? As well fed as can be?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

"..." Solomon waited quietly. He had heard and seen many things, and another voice in his head was nothing new.
    Last edited by Penguinator; 2012-11-04 at 09:45 PM.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

I've been better, but given the circumstances, there's no use complaining. And if it gets us out of here, I'll ally with my worst enemy, much less a random neutral-sounding voice in all of our heads.

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Aisha "the Shade", one of the best infiltrators of the Valni Underground, was not liking this situation one bit.

Upon getting wind of the news that Bergliot Vinter - a prominent researcher and fellow Valni currently residing in Enmor - had apparently survived the Azurite strike force which had struck the expedition fleet he was travelling on, and the researcher's whereabouts had been pinpointed to this particular prison, the Underground had dispatched her on this rescue mission. Apprehensive though she was - expert infiltrator she may be, but she had yet to operate in Azurite territory until now - Aisha had set out regardless, and managed to sneak in undetected from the sea in a tiny dinghy with room for two. She had hidden and tied up the dinghy in a small cove, and infiltrated the stone fortress quite easily.

A little too easily, in fact. For such an imposing fortress, the guard detail was surprisingly scanty, and Aisha barely had to evade what few guards there were in this godforsaken place. The entire operation was going smoothly; and if there was anything Aisha knew, it's that nothing ever goes smoothly unless something was up. She was taking the opportunity, but she didn't like it. It smelled of a trap.

Nevertheless, she had maybe one chance at this; it was do or bust. The Shade had penetrated into the deeper levels of the prison's dungeons, and was sneaking down a corridor when she heard the whispers; fearing an approaching guard, Aisha quickly ducked into an empty cell, and pulling her cloak over her head, faded into the shadows. Now she just had to wait for the guard to pass her by...

But no guard came. The whispers continued, and Aisha gradually realised that the voices were not those of the guards, but were coming from the occupants of the cells adjacent to her. Come to think of it, there were rather few captives in this prison than the norm, as well; maybe she had arrived at her objective? Taking a chance, Aisha crept to the wall, and began whispering as well.

"Pssst! Bergliot Vinter, are you there? Is there anyone here by that name? I am a friend, I am here to help!"
    Total War Factions
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #6

Lillian would have responded to Octamus, but she was distracted by the newcomer.

I'm sorry, miss. I have no idea who Bergliot is. But, ummm... How about you get us out of these cells so we can help cover your escape. Lillian offered.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground

Bergliot had not been having a good day. Actually, no, that was somewhat of an understatement. The cleric had been stuck in an Azurite hellhole - no, she refused to use that term - an Azurite "detention center" for about... at her best estimation, and a brief tally of the scratches on the dirt floor, about a month; so the more correct statement would have been that she, Bergliot, had been having a rather poor month, probably, a month, that is.

It was, she noted, rather difficult to measure time with any real accuracy when cut off from the sensory inputs of the outside world and subjected to the inhumane whims of a pointy-bearded man. It, the situation that was, really didn't exactly make much sense to her; why hadn't the Azurites simply not killed them all? They, the prisoners, hadn't even been interrogated for information, though, being honest, hitting up random airships for potential informants was a rather sketchy plan at best.

In fact, there didn't seem to be any point to their imprisonment beyond satisfying the jollies of some perverse elderly man. When she'd pointed that out as much, Kyan 'the Tickler', which seemed more a self-styled nickname than a given one, had "tickled" her nearly to death. She'd not repeated that mistake another time.

But that was off on a bit of a tangent; the now was a strange voice, probably an Azurite fishing for reasons to call in "the tickler", if she were being honest, that seemed to simply ooze friendliness, in a disgusting, Azurite, manner of course. A heartbeat later, one of the other prisoners, who somehow hadn't learned not to answer queries yet (because the answer would inevitably be interpreted as "yes, please 'tickle' me good sir") spoke up, responding with a light-hearted query as though they hadn't been cooped up for several weeks to, presumably, a month.

The lack of immediate crowing laughter or the sound of the Tickler's rather distinctive footsteps was more than enough “proof” to convince the cleric to respond.

"I... yes, that is me? Do I know you?"

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post

I'm sorry, miss. I have no idea who Bergliot is. But, ummm... How about you get us out of these cells so we can help cover your escape.

"Well..."

Aisha considered it for a moment, fearing a trap about to be sprung upon her. But then...

Quote Originally Posted by Sairyu View Post

"I... yes, that is me? Do I know you?"

Bullseye.

Aisha thought to herself. The objective is in sight, now for the next step.

"It is you, Bergliot Vinter? You do not know me, but be assured. I am 'the Shade', and our brothers and sisters have sent me to retrieve you. I am going to free you now, which cell are you being held in?"
    Last edited by Ascaloth; 2012-11-05 at 02:48 AM.
    Total War Factions
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

The clang of soldiers boots upon the stone floor stop your chatter. The guards are returning, but they are carrying equipment with them, your equipment. As they pass by your cells handing it over and unlocking the doors you notice something even odder: In the dim light of the pale blue flames their eyes are moving dangerously wildly, blood drips down their nose. They want to scream, they gasp for air, but not the slightest of grunts can they utter.

With the task done they return to their posts outside your cells and now Grey Matter's voice comes back too (to everyone apart from Aisha. She merely senses an odd itching sensation within her scalp), his 'voice' tired with effort

Quickly… dispose… of... them… before… alarm…raise…find… me…next…chamber...right…hurry…

Map-1
    Spoiler
    Show

Goals: 1. Rescue Grey Matter
    2. Lord arrives on O26.

Starting locations are: 2W, 2S, 2O, 2K, 2G (the colored squares, everyone except Aisha) and 2AB, 2C (Aisha only)

Stats

Spoiler
    Show

Enemies:
    Spoiler
    Show

Soldiers in prison room [U6, I6], lv 1
    Hp 18
    Str 2
    Skl 3
    Spd 2
    Lck 0
    Def 4
    Res 0
    Con 9
    Move 5
    Equipment:
    Iron Lance (45/45), door key 1/1 (U6 has the key)
    Wgt: 8, Attack Speed: 2, Accuracy: 86, Dmg: 9, Crit: 1, Avoid: 4

PC Stats
    Spoiler
    Show

Octamus Prime, Mage Lord- Lv 1- Herpestidae

EXP: 0/100
    HP: 16
    MAG: 5
    SKL: 6
    SPD: 5
    LCK: 6
    DEF: 1
    RES: 4
    CON: 10
    Move: 5

ICE Affinity. Affinity Points:-

Equipment: Fire Tome (40/40). Damage: 11, Hit: 108, Attack Speed: 5, Avoid: 16, [B]Crit[B]: 3%

Vulnery 3/3

Weapon Exp: Anima: -

Lillian, Lance Mounted Knight- Lv 1- Illven

HP: 18
    STR: 7
    SKL:6
    SPD:6
    LCK:1
    DEF:8
    RES:0
    CON:25
    Move: 7

Dark Affinity. Affinity Points:-

Equipment:
    Iron Lance (45/45). Damage: 14, Hit: 103, Attack Speed: 6, Avoid: 13, [B]Crit[B]: 3%

Vulnery 3/3

Weapon Exp: Lances: -

Bergliot Vinter, Priest- Lv 1- Sairyu

SKL: 5
    SPD: 6
    DEF: 4
    CON: 8
    Move:5

Anima Affinity. Affinity Points:-

Equipment: Heal Staff (30/30). Damage: -, Hit: -, Attack Speed: 6, Avoid: 20, [B]Crit[B]: -

Vulnery 3/3

Weapon Exp: Staves: -

Aisha, "the Shade", Lv 1 Thief- Ascaloth

HP: 16/16
    STR: 5
    SPD: 7
    LCK: 5
    DEF: 3
    RES: 3

DARK Affinity. Affinity Points:-

Equipment: Iron Sword (46/46): Damage: 10, Hit: 117, Attack Speed: 7, Avoid: 19, [B]Crit[B]: 3%
    Lock Pick: 15/15
    Vulnery 3/3

Weapon Exp: Swords: -

Solomon the Elder Jeigan Priest 10- Penguinator

MAG: 8
    SKL: 2
    SPD: 8
    LCK: 4
    DEF: 8
    RES: 8
    CON:

What Affinity is he? Affinity Points:-

Equipment: Heal Staff (30/30). Damage: -, Hit: -, Attack Speed: 8, Avoid: 20, [B]Crit[B]: -

Vulnery 3/3

Last edited by Rising Phoenix; 2012-11-05 at 09:47 PM.

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

My characters

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

"!"

Alerted by the clamour of the approaching guards, Aisha faded back into the shadows as far as she could go, all the time feeling the chill of impending failure. Had this been a trap, after all? How careless she was, and now she was going to pay for it...

But no; before her astounded eyes, the guards bypassed her entirely, and proceeded to unlock the cell doors adjacent to hers. Not just that; they even appeared to have brought the prisoners their equipment, as if they had become accessories to their escape.

What in all tarnation is going on?! Still wary, Aisha remained in her hiding spot, gritting her teeth. The guards themselves were behaving strangely; their movements were jerky, and was that blood dripping from their noses? Aisha gritted her teeth even further as she put her hand to her head; this itching sensation was driving her crazy. It didn't seem like a trap, but she still didn't like it.

Clearly, she didn't know anywhere near enough about the situation; she had to get more information. But first, she had to retrieve Bergliot...
    Total War Factions
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #11

Lillian watched as Octamus blasted one of the guards with his magic, while she got on her horse.

Lance on hand, and horse under her she rode forward impaling the other guard with her lance.

And that takes care of that. She muttered after a swift fight with the soldier. Then she noticed the soldier her lord engaged was still alive.

My, lord look out! She called, cursing under her breath.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Solomon raised an eyebrow, noticing the staff in his hand. He had long ago given up using such implements for magic, having mastered the art of time with only hand motions; but perhaps it would serve as a cane. He couldn't remember the last time he had stepped outside of the cell. He looked outside warily, and stepped out into the open.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

13. - Top - End - #13

Were she a religious man, this would have easily been a 'show of divine intervention'. However, she was neither, so the odd voice that she'd chalked up as slowly dawning insanity was now suddenly far more interesting.

"Very well, I am on my way."

The Shade could wait a few more minutes, at least until she found out just what it was that was talking in her head!

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

The clamour of fighting convinced Aisha to peek her head out at last, and she saw the erstwhile prisoners burst out of their cells, dispatching the turncoat (?) guards in short order. Trap or not, it seemed like the time to fulfil her objective, so the infiltrator abandoned her cover and dashed out of the cell, eyes darting wildly as she tried to locate her target.

"Bergliot Vinter! Where are you? Come with me, we need to get out of here!"
    Total War Factions
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Turn 1

Player Phase 1
    -Bergliot cannot reach Lillian on 6H, however, Lillian can move to 6I and I’ve made it so.
    Spoiler
    Show

1) Octamus to 6S and flames the soldier on U6 for 11 dmg. Octamus gains 11 Exp.
    2)Lillian attacks soldier on I6! Hit! Deals: 10 damage.
    Soldier: “What…What’s Happening?! Why do I hurt!... By the Flame!”- Soldier counters for 1 Dmg.
    Lillian attacks again for 8 Damage. Soldier is Slain! Lillian Gains: 31 Exp
    3) Bergliot to 6H. Heals Lillian for 1 dmg. Bergliot gains 11 Exp.
    4) Aisha to 6C
    5) Solomon to 6O

Bergliot and Lillian gain 2 Affinity points.
    Bergliot and Octamus gain 1 point of weapon exp in their respective weapons. Lillian gains 2

Enemy Phase 1
    Spoiler
    Show

What’s… what’s happening?” he looks around dazed, that looks at his smoking leather “How!? How did you get out!... You killed Yale!...AAAaaaH! I need help!”

Runs to 7R

Map-1
    Spoiler
    Show

Goals: 1. Rescue Grey Matter- Will reveal his location once door 8O is open
    2. Lord arrives on O26.

Starting locations are: 2W, 2S, 2O, 2K, 2G (the colored squares, everyone except Aisha) and 2AB, 2C (Aisha only)

Stats

Spoiler
    Show

Enemies:
    Spoiler
    Show

Soldier in prison room [U6, I6], lv 1
    Hp 7/18
    Str 2
    Skl 3
    Spd 2
    Lck 0
    Def 4
    Res 0
    Con 9
    Move 5
    Equipment:
    Iron Lance (45/45), door key 1/1 (U6 has the key)
    Wgt: 8, Attack Speed: 2, Accuracy: 86, Dmg: 9, Crit: 1, Avoid: 4

PC Stats
    Spoiler
    Show

Octamus Prime, Mage Lord- Lv 1- Herpestidae

EXP: 11/100
    HP: 16
    SPD: 5
    DEF: 1
    CON: 10

ICE Affinity. Affinity Points:-

Equipment: Fire Tome (40/40). Damage: 11, Hit: 108, Attack Speed: 5, Avoid: 16, [B]Crit[B]: 3%

Vulnery 3/3

Weapon Exp: Anima: 1

Lillian, Lance Mounted Knight- Lv 1- Illven

EXP: 31/100
    STR: 7
    SKL:6
    SPD:6
    LCK:1
    DEF:8
    RES:0
    CON:10 (Aid is 15)
    Move: 7

Dark Affinity. Affinity Points: Bergliot: 2

Equipment:
    Iron Lance (45/45). Damage: 14, Hit: 103, Attack Speed: 6, Avoid: 13, [B]Crit[B]: 3%

Vulnery 3/3

Weapon Exp: Lances: 2

Bergliot Vinter, Priest- Lv 1- Sairyu

EXP: 11/100
    SKL: 5
    SPD: 6
    DEF: 4
    Move:5

Anima Affinity. Affinity Points: Lillian 2

Equipment: Heal Staff (30/30). Damage: -, Hit: -, Attack Speed: 6, Avoid: 20, [B]Crit[B]: -

Vulnery 3/3

Weapon Exp: Staves: 1

Aisha, "the Shade", Lv 1 Thief- Ascaloth

STR: 5
    SPD: 7
    LCK: 5
    DEF: 3
    RES: 3
    Move: 6

DARK Affinity. Affinity Points:-

Equipment: Iron Sword (46/46): Damage: 10, Hit: 117, Attack Speed: 7, Avoid: 19, [B]Crit[B]: 3%
    Lock Pick: 15/15
    Vulnery 3/3

Weapon Exp: Swords: -

Solomon the Elder Jeigan Priest 10- Penguinator

HP: 22/22
    MAG: 11
    SKL: 2
    SPD: 11
    LCK: 4
    DEF: 8
    RES: 9
    CON:

Thunder Affinity Points:-

Equipment: Heal Staff (30/30). Damage: -, Hit: -, Attack Speed: 8, Avoid: 26, [B]Crit[B]: -

Vulnery 3/3

Last edited by Rising Phoenix; 2012-11-10 at 09:10 AM.

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

My characters

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #16

Bergliot cast a glance at the dark-skinned thief. Huh; he wasn't as tall as she'd imaged... or a he, for that matter. Shame, that, though the voice really should have been a tip off. For a moment, the cleric was tempted to vett her curiosity and escape with the resistance member. But the oh-so-mysterious voice 'had' done its part, and what kind of merchant would she be if she went back on their deal?

Patting down her robes, unfortunately tatty and ragged at this point, the former prisoner turned to her would be rescuer.

"Well, here I am, let's be off? I must warn you though, I intend to stop and pick up a peculiar souvenir on the way."
    Last edited by Sairyu; 2012-11-11 at 12:32 AM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well, here I am, let's be off? I must warn you though, I intend to stop and pick up a peculiar souvenir on the way."

Ah! There you are... Miss Vinter."

Aisha responded, trailing off a bit before giving her objective her full name. Hearing what Bergliot had said, Aisha's face scrunched up in distaste.

"Souvenir? Are you daft? This is no mere expedition like you may be used to, and if we tarry too long the guards will come running!"

The Shade shook her head vehemently, pointing at the sole remaining Azurite guard in the area. She had not recognised either Octamus or Lillian at the moment.

Look Miss Vinter, we have to go. I have our way out of here, but only for the both of us."

She whispered to Bergliot.

"We need to slip out of here before they try to hitch a ride with us."
    Total War Factions
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #18

Daft? Why that uneducated, loutish, culturally igno- no; no. The Shade was certainly none of those. She was just feeling the pressure of having to infiltrate an Azurite stronghold and rescue what might seem to be an addled member of her organization. Yes; perhaps she should have phrased herself differently.

Lowering her voice to match The Shade's, she responded,

"It is a prototype of an Azurite weapon that I wish to take with us. I will explain further as we make our escape."

Sure it might not necessarily be a weapon, and the entire bit may have been an utter lie, but anything that could project itself telepathically was definitely a potential asset. From its actions, the thing was no friend of the Azurites and collecting it could only be beneficial. For the organization, of course.

As for the escape, well, hopefully the other prisoners would make enough of a ruckus to cover her.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

"It is a prototype of an Azurite weapon that I wish to take with us. I will explain further as we make our escape."
    Hearing Bergliot give her reason, Aisha listened intently... and then her face took on an incredulous expression.

"A prototype of an Azurite weapon? Do you think me or the Azurites daft, Miss Vinter? I do not know much about them Azurites, Mam, but I do know they didn't become the great warriors they are by leaving prototypes lying around in jailhouses. No sense to that at all."

Aisha stared sternly at Bergliot for a bit more, than she drooped her head and sighed in exasperation.

"Look, alright. If you're going to say something this crazy to the one who came to get you out of here, whatever it is must be real important to you, no? So I'll help you out here for a bit, but..."

The Shade waved an admonishing finger at Bergliot.

"So help me, if you get us into trouble because of this, I'm pulling you out of here, even if it takes a good knock to your noggin."
    Total War Factions
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20

Darn, found out already.

"Hmph, well I'm convinced that whatever it really is, it's something useful."

Personally, telepathic projection was something that the cleric had never seen enacted before. Heard the theory, non-rigorous as it was, behind the concept sure, but seen in action? The applications for such technology or magic? Well, the Shade wouldn't be frowning for too much longer.

----------

OOC: Wasn't it a fort? I'm pretty sure that a fort is a reasonable place for a prototype weapon to be.

Edit: Okay, checked the OP: it is a fort, so we're in the dungeon/brigg/etc. Well whatever, The Shade's a keen fellow.
    Last edited by Sairyu; 2012-11-11 at 04:09 AM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

[OOC: You are currently located in a large chunk of rock on the surface of the bubble. The rock was naturally cavernous and it has been worked upon to accommodate prison-like duties. However, even so many of the caverns and chambers are flooded. These accommodate-among other things- sharks which act as an extra layer of security...Also every now and than the complex shakes violently, either due to storms or due to some large beast rubbing itself against the rock... or so you think

As to whether there is a MacGuffin here... I dunno...]

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

My characters

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

Octamus apporoaches the retreating guard. He recognized this one: he'd dragged Lily off to that Tickler character. She'd never screamed, but the idea of that deranged man having her in his clutches made his blood boil. We wanted no more than to blow the bastard's head off, but information gathering was more important. He buried his rage behind a mask of nonchalance, as Freigal had taught him.
    Who are you working for? Why have you captured us?
    He raises a glowing finger. Note that I'm killing you either way. I could make it quick and painless, or just light you up and hope you scream something coherent in the ten minutes it would take to turn you to ashes.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post

Octamus apporoaches the retreating guard. He recognized this one: he'd dragged Lily off to that Tickler character. She'd never screamed, but the idea of that deranged man having her in his clutches made his blood boil. We wanted no more than to blow the bastard's head off, but information gathering was more important. He buried his rage behind a mask of nonchalance, as Freigal had taught him.
    Who are you working for? Why have you captured us?
    He raises a glowing finger. Note that I'm killing you either way. I could make it quick and painless, or just light you up and hope you scream something coherent in the ten minutes it would take to turn you to ashes.
    Influence result: Critical Failure

The mans eyes widen as terror overtakes him. He makes a turn towards the door but bright crimson flames envelop him in a bright erruption.

"FLAMES! NO! NO! AAAAAAAAUUUGHHH! Aaaaaahh...aaa!" he whimpers a little more but soon all that is left is a smoldering heap of black ash.

Octamus recieves a door key (1/1) and 31 exp
    !

[Proper update later today or tomorrow. Any changes you would like to make before than?]
    Last edited by Rising Phoenix; 2012-11-16 at 12:14 AM.

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

My characters

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rising Phoenix View Post
    Influence result: Critical Failure

The mans eyes widen as terror overtakes him. He makes a turn towards the door but bright crimson flames envelop him in a bright erruption.

"FLAMES! NO! NO! AAAAAAAAUUUGHHH! Aaaaaahh...aaa!" he whimpers a little more but soon all that is left is a smoldering heap of black ash.

Octamus turns to his fellows, grinning sheepishly and attempting to save face. Er... it appears that this group er... really dislikes fire. Truly this information was of utmost importance.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Er... it appears that this group er... really dislikes fire. Truly this information was of utmost importance.
    Hearing that, Aisha turned to Octamus, whom she still wasn't recognising, and scoffed.

"Hmph, yes, they sure dislike it so much, they worship it without question. Not the brightest torch of the lot, are you boy? And don't get any ideas about tagging along, I haven't got your ticket out of this thrice-darned sty."
    Total War Factions
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
    Hearing that, Aisha turned to Octamus, whom she still wasn't recognising, and scoffed.

"Hmph, yes, they sure dislike it so much, they worship it without question. Not the brightest torch of the lot, are you boy? And don't get any ideas about tagging along, I haven't got your ticket out of this thrice-darned sty."

Wouldn't dream of it, dear, Octamus says, scavenging a key from the ashes of his kill. Lily and I* have our own things to do once we're out, but I don't see why we can't assist one other in escaping.

*((OOC: And Solomon, too?))

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Ignoring the conversation, Solomon looked up for a moment. "Oh, look. Door's open." He waddled through, cane tapping noisily on the floor.

He smiled warmly at anyone who happened to be outside. "Hello, friends. Pleasant day for a walk, don't you think?"

(Influence: Calm Emotions of anyone out there)

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Wouldn't dream of it, dear. Lily and I* have our own things to do once we're out, but I don't see why we can't assist one other in escaping.

"Hah!"

Aisha snorted, cocking her head.

"Lily who? That plate-clad little wench clip-clopping around the place? Assist nothing, at this rate, you two are bringing all the guards in this sty down on our heads with all this racket you're making."

The infiltrator shot back at the boy, gesturing at Lillian.

"Go ahead, boy. Tell me what's in it for me to help you two out of here. The way I see it, I'll be better off leaving you two to fend for yourself."
    Total War Factions
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post

"Go ahead, boy. Tell me what's in it for me to help you two out of here. The way I see it, I'll be better off leaving you two to fend for yourself."

His smile grew wider as he added, "Oh, yes, and there's a thief back here who wants to get her hands on any special weaponry you may be hiding. Isn't that exciting?"

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post

"Oh, yes, and there's a thief back here who wants to get her hands on any special weaponry you may be hiding. Isn't that exciting?"

"Silence, old fool. I haven't got time for that stuff at this moment."
    Total War Factions
    Spoiler
    Show