New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Total War: Broken City, Book 2

This is the second in-character thread for Total War: Broken City. The first thread may be found here.

They found her body for the second time just after third bell, when they finally cleared away the remains of the dying enchantments on the room where she lay. It was a long, wide room around the back of the palace, near the very upper stories. The roof was made of glass and sloped down to the floor, lighting the set of comfortable lounge chairs and tables, which were covered in books and papers. A perusal of them could tell the reader anything they needed to know about the day nine months ago when city politics suddenly became very interesting. Here was a ledger of expenses accurate up to halfway through the month, here was a list of crimes that still needed to be judged, and here, open in the lap of the dead woman, were the updated records of tariffs on Traitor’s Bridge. The sorceress Desoui, inexplicably, had not yet begun to decompose, and appeared as if she were simply relaxing in the chair, head lolled back as though asleep. The only mark that she was not alive was the paleness of her skin, the thin trickle of dried blood snaking down her face from the neat red hole in her forehead, matching the neat little hole in the glass wall. It was here, in that little hole, that the magic of Daisong Palace first broke, when the assassin’s dart somehow breached the wards stretched across the window and surrounding the sorceress herself.

Welcome to Sav Altulas, once the capitol city of great and fabled Talidor, one of the three kingdoms that made up the Shattered Lands before the Zancharian Empire came and went, more than a thousand years ago. The city has gone through some rough stages since then, lying in ruin for a time before being found and rebuilt into the pit of refugees and decadent, bandit-bred nobility that it is today. It was, until very recently, ruled by Burgravet Desoui, a sorceress that everyone thought was immortal. They were, very recently, proven wrong. Desoui is dead, murdered by gods alone know who, and the power-hungry people of this ancient city are showing their true colors once again. For the first time in a hundred years, the natural-born conspirators of Sav Altulas are not held in check by the fear of magical wrath, and when the dust settles only one will rise above the nest of vipers to claim the now-empty throne.

A new year begins in the old city. Wake up, my friends; there still is much to do.
    Last edited by Zemalac; 2012-11-04 at 05:44 PM.
    Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ran: Boundless Isles
    IC
    OOC

Sixth Nexus: THE VIGIL

Total War: Cape City
    Spoiler
    Show

LOCKWOOD-COBAN AUGMENTED INDUSTRIES

Total War: Serillia
    Spoiler
    Show

The Crimson

Ran: Broken City
    First IC Thread
    First OOC Thread

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Total War: Broken City, Book 2

Gear's Chosen

Gearfist Meeting (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Alright, so if you provide 4 morale or wealth I can have it done easily by the end of the month.

Once we've finished using it to jam the wheels of bureaucracy, may I suggest another use for it? The Bookbinder Guild are almost certainly going to find out that we're creating something to rival their petty little monopoly, and with their monopoly on the Newspaper market that might have some adverse affects. So, I'd like to propose we, as well as any other sympathetic and interested factions, use our press to publish a rival newspaper.
    Last edited by puppyavenger; 2012-11-04 at 04:22 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

played the Space Pope in Total War 2125
    ..and the Papal States of Luna in Total War 2260

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light

3. - Top - End - #3
    Colossus in the Playground

Gearfist meeting [PM]

Spoiler
    Show
    "A splendid idea. We have some experience with writing from the Torch, I'm sure that can be transfered over. The Ram should be interested as well, I'd assume.

We can provide you with manpower and money [2 wealth, 2 morale].
    Resident Vancian Apologist

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

SGA/Ambassadorial Guard [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Andouir

''I realize your reluctance, but rest assured SGA will be putting considerable resources into this operation. We are an organization with certain clout and resources. It's becoming increasingly clear to me, that Ambassadorial Guard requires more funds and men to manage the troublesome visitors to our city. If we resolve this issue, I will see that you have them.''

''Mr. Bloodhand, have you managed to contact this Andouir?''

Ambassador

''Oh, Captain. While you are here, can I ask you about Elsinier Ambassador, who visited our city some time ago. I believe it was still during the reign of Burgaveti Desoui. At th very least, I'd like to know the name of the man, though more information would be appreciated.''

Militia of Order & Justice [7]
    Spoiler
    Show

[I wanted to double-check the name... And then didn't.]

''I'm not dealing with this one. But I fear, there is a ''person'' in this city, who does. I'm working on remedying the situation. Perhaps, you could be of another type of assistance. Can your Law Magic set up anti-theft wards? Do note, that I'm not talking about stopping petty theft, but preventing certain individuals from getting their hands on means of interacting with entities, like Blood-In-Black-Water.''
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

ESGE

Happy New Year! went up the cry from the island home. The gentlemen tossed back champagne and congratulated eachother, wearing silly hats around the big grandfather clock. It had been an ...interesting year, and they were looking forward to seeing what came next.
    "My good friend Pontiss has taken the liberty of thickening the ice around this island so we can go skating. Just thought I should warn you, don't go outside the area we've lit up." Founder took a drink from his glass. "Well, you can, but I don't advise it; unless you enjoy freezing to death."

"Gentlemen, to a new year!"

[edit: I guess I missed the new year by a few months. Oops.]
    Last edited by Nyrt; 2012-11-04 at 06:59 PM.
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show
    TW: Broken City

Lord Founder needs no pants to face the beasts of the world, to descend into the darkest pits of the Earth and ascend above the divine clouds!
    TW: Cape City

TW: Supers!
    Image to come

TW: Dystopia
    Peoples Syndicalist Federation of China

Buy my music here

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

The Champions of Sovereignty

To the SGA [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Commander Brandan drops by the SGA main office, and hands two transcripts directly to the guards on duty at the door, requesting they're delivered to the SGA members.

Quote Originally Posted by Gears Chosen View Post
    To Ram
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Blackfists have just approached us with an interesting offer. In essence, they're giving us an example of one of their hand presses in order to help us up size it and create something more industrial scale. Unfortunately, our budget is rather stretched at the moment, so I am curious whether you want a stake in such a project? We'd be happy to mass produce any pamphlets of leaflets of yours you wish, and in exchange we'd merely ask that you assume the full costs of electrifying your remaining territories (i.e., I wouldn't supply 2/8 of the wealth/morale necessary)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Revolution View Post
    Gears
    Spoiler
    Show
    That deal sounds exceptional. We will supply 4 MOR and 4 WEL to pay for and install your lightning wires. When you complete your printing press, I can already think of a few pamphlets we would like to have produced.
    Commander Branddan waited outside, unsure if the SGA would want to talk to him.

To the Council
    Spoiler
    Show
    To the Ram

"I'm not libelling you, Constantine. Your refusal to discuss our compromise proposal is a sign of unwillingness to compromise."

"You have had power in this city for nine months, and all you have done is gather to you the tiny minority of factions who support your ideals, then refuse to budge from your position at all."

"Will you entertain fundamental changes to your position, or do you still refuse to do so? If you continue to refuse, you are a hindrance to the meeting."

To the Council:

"We would ask for more time before a meeting of the entire city. We would have the factions of the city know our proposal before the meeting, give them time to consider it, and discuss it with us one-to-one, before initiating such a chaotic gathering."

"We would be frankly disillusioned if the Ram Revolution has not been doing the same."

To House Wallen [5]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "No, that is as I understood it. Thank you for clarifying."

"The obvious permanent members of the House would be the Esoteric Society, Heladuit Court, House Laurier, House Wallen."

"The majority of the large factions in the city already support us. The small factions have not been approached. Lets correct that now. I'll send a message to the Lodstrom Party and EGSE"

To the Lodstrom Party, House Wallen, and Esoteric Society [5]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I wish to hold a meeting, in two weeks, with all the noble factions of Sav Altulas, to discuss the formulation of a noble house, to serve as an executive organ of the government."

"Your contacts with the nobility are much better than mine, so I respectfully pass the matter onto you. Please invite all the respectable noble houses you know to attend."

((Tell me when you've spoken to them, and I'll start the meeting))

To Gregoria [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Certainly. You may relay the message to them. I hope it contributes to resolving this dispute. I will wait here, if I may, to hear their response."
    Last edited by razovor; 2012-11-04 at 06:01 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

Wardens to the Free Masons and Carpenters' Guild
    Spoiler
    Show

We've acquired a source of high-quality lumber near the City. In case you are interested in purchasing some at a fair price, we're willing to negotiate an offer of Wealth from you.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Mercantile's Guild

UAL[Commerce hall PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    [only invited them here to keep this as quiet as possible...]

the UAL representitive is let in by the guardsmen outside the commerce hall and taken to a small room offto the side of the main hall. under close watch of course...

[color="dark green"]"so i have a proposition for you and your boys...as i'm sure you have heard, there are thousands of refugee's coming in from the Shattered-lands thanks to the civil war in Gregoria...i would like you to round up some of these refugee's and organize them into special work gangs who will then be put to work on aiding in the construction of the new SGA emerald mine, which should open up a whole new world of possibilities and work oppurtunities. if necessary, come next month i could pay you for your work. what do you say?"[/color] the old merchant that was responsible for meeting with the SGA, just waited patiently for a response.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

Ram Revolution (D ESP 9)

EBSA (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

"James' poor excuse for a democracy is nothing more than a facade for his monarchy. It would be controlled by him, the nobles, and those with the money to bribe themselves into it, just like any dictatorship. The blackfists are also not attempting to seize power NOW. When they do, I'll almost certainly find myself allied with the nobles against him. The problem is that neither side likes democracy - I have few strong allies, and our relationships are quiet to the public."

EBSA
    Spoiler
    Show

Judges can be EBSA members, but if I take control of the city, I must uphold the statutes of the deal that gave me control - the jury will decide sentence and punishment, however the judge will have the job of advising them on precedence and other legalities. Also, be sure to keep your people working on their official jobs - If I find any members of the Bureaucracy trying to arrest people or other such things without the permission of the Revolutionary government, I'll kick every one of you out and run the prison with my own people.

Council
    Spoiler
    Show

You are one only of the people of this city I have been unwilling to negotiate with James, because of your insistence on handing all the power in the city to the nobles. Even in the supposedly liberal new ideas you and your followers were discussing, the nobles controlled if laws got passed, and the richest people of the city (who are nobles in all but title) can bribe their way into government, and both are more powerful than the people, not to mentioned aligned in attempts to oppress the people.

I am willing to allow the nobility to have a say in the government. But it should be the same as every other man. Your ideas for houses are not entirely useless - but the house of merchants is a shameful attempt to legalize bribery, and the other two houses should be open to all men. The nobility claims that the gods gave them the right to rule, or that they are naturally better men than the rest of us. If this is true, they'll be able to win the elections by convincing the people of the same thing.

Go Tigers!

10. - Top - End - #10

NinjaGuy

To the Champions of Sovereignity and GM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Milord; we stand by the decision of calling the Council meeting.
    The nobility is already represented there (Both Lodstrom Party and the ESGE are there). House Heladuit is made up of merchants, and to be frank their “nobility” is arguable. House Laurier is a great, honorable house, but they are mostly foreign merchants. I’m unsure of wether they should be considered nobles in the traditional sense.

Finally, your Majesty, I will take the liberty of pointing out that Lodstrom Party is currently under my direction, and willing to get representation for nobility in the new government.
    House Wallen is merely one of the founding Houses of the Party. The Council Representative is Madame Beteoui.

Your proposal would isolate the nobility from the other cores of power in the city (Mainly, the EBSA, the SGA, and the populace).

Set up like this, the Noble Chamber would have no way to set policy, no real power over external or internal politics, no mint. Not even lawyers. We would be a union of fools sitting down, writing fool’s laws nobody would respect or uphold.

The Blackfist would be right to laugh at us! I certainly would laugh at them if it were them instead of me.

So we are going to the Council, to start to work to create the New Government.
    If the Ram (Or anybody else, for the matter) refuses to compromise, then we’ll just kick them out. Everyone agrees on the necessity of advancing.
    We’ll gain nothing leaving the Council ourselves.

OOC to GM:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Is what I said about House Laurier and the Heladuits accurate? I’ll correct this statement if I’m wrong.

To SGA [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    We offer the help of the Guild in building the fort, lowering the price to 7 Wealth.

To Wardens
    Spoiler
    Show
    We are a little short in money this turn. We will happily make you an offer for the timber next turn if you haven’t sold it.
    If you ever have needs to build large buildings, feel free to ask! We offer the best budgets and workers in town!

Letter to the Council
    Spoiler
    Show
    ”We ask both the Ram and his Majesty the King to stop this meaningless discussion.

We shall discuss the formation of the new government in the Palace Hall, as the united, popularly-chosen provisional government that we are.”

Spoiler
    Show
    I.E: The italics and the underlines are written exactly like that in the original document and the copies sent to the rest of the factions. Historians would consider it a particularly amusing letter in centuries to come.

The letter continues:

“Lodstrom Party is working to improve a specific proposal, which was first presented before in the King’s Meeting. All Council representatives will be free to present their own if they like, and are encouraged to do so.

If we are ever to get out of the dreadful crisis we are in, we’ll only do it by discussing and compromising. That goes to all factions.

After the meeting next month, we’ll have an agreement for a definitive government or a civil war. There is no place in between.

Signed: Madame Beteoui, Lodstrom Party Council Representative
    Last edited by Ragnar Lodbroke; 2012-11-04 at 08:27 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

SGA/Bookbinder’s Guild [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

’’I thank Commander Brandan for bringing this to our attention.’’

’’Guildmasters. I believe we must inform Gears and Ram, that we take protection of our business interests seriously and that Bookbinder’s Guild has monopoly on printing in Sav Altulus.’’

[Also - can UAL assist with organizing workers for Fort construction as well?]
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

12. - Top - End - #12

GreataxeFighterGuy

The Silversmith's Guild

SGA (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I agree. A stern message must be composed.

13. - Top - End - #13

NinjaGuy

SGA [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Mason & Carpenters Guild agrees completely.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

SGA[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'll prep the bombs for our response. We're still working on remaking the Naplam, so it might not be as stern as we might like.
    OOC; Also, already sent in my EoT
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

SGA [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

''Well, good thing we have UAL representative visiting.''

[Let’s send the Goons]
    [I think Technists Guild was inventing something interesting for us this month... Anyway, turn is next Friday.]

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Gear's Chosen

Gearfist (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

Excellent, I will approach the Ram as well then. Are there any other factions you believe might be interested in such a venture? The Wren perhaps? Or Bloodhaven?

Ram Revolution (8)
    Spoiler
    Show

In the interests of..mitigating any blowback from the Bookbinders Guild over the creation of an independent press, the idea has been mooted to create a competing daily or weekly broadsheet, if perhaps one with a slightly more focused editorial policy. Would yo be interested in such a venture?
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

EBSA

Ram Revolution PM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Join the process. Compromise. Understand that the work will be slow, and it will be a fight every step of the way. This is how policy is changed, and governments are shifted. Your only other option will probably bloody insurrection, which will have the whole city aflame much to the Blackfists delight.

Ram Revolution
    Spoiler
    Show
    The compromise was made without our input, without the actual judiciary. A judge who cannot sentence is worthless. The entire process hinges on the blatant fact that the laymen of this city cannot comprehend the intricacies of city law- there is simply too much to know. People are transitory, uneducated, and prone to emotional ties- all things a good judge is not.

The reason for the Halls of Final Judgement is to do just that, to be the arbiters of final judgement. What purpose is a judge when he spends every waking hour of a trial not deliberating, but tutoring those who have no wish or reason passing judgement on the most basic of legal tenets. Whats worse, due to every jury is a new randomly selected group he will have to spend more time teaching again.

Is that what you want? A teacher? A chaperone to lead the sheep to the correct response? It is a farce. We would rather establish a new prison than be hamstrung in such a way.

Council
    Spoiler
    Show
    We agree whole-heartedly with the Lodstrom party. One way or another this must be dealt with, or else this fragile tower of cards is going to crash down on all of our heads and the people of the city are going to have to pay for it.
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Mercantile's Guild

SGA[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    i agree completely. we must not sit by and let this go unanswered, as that would only prove us weak.

Technists Guild: what were you working on? currently i have Sorenson and my workshops planning to help with the mine and fort construction, but i will gladly divert them to help you with your project instead...

[i dont see why UAL cant do both the mines and the fort.]

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

SGA[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    We have some explosives for the mine, and we're sending over a Codebreaker for the Shadownet.

As you know, the Gear's Chosen have devloped Electric power, and are using it to generate heat and light. However, it's not that safe. We're currently working on insulator cables to improve safety. THEN we're doing the Napalm research.

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Chosen To Technists
    Spoiler
    Show
    I apologize for the lateness of the reply, but we will be electrifying the Underdocks this month and will be happy to provide you with examples of the wiring we use and how it reacts when a current is run through it. Honestly most of their current damage being caused is from the lighting and not the wiring itself, but anyway...

On a somewhat different note, we understand that you have some experience with the creation of handpresses, corret?
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Technists to the Gears
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, we have experience, but due to the Bookbinders also being part of he SGA, we use them only for internal paperwork and memos. We are no longer in the business of selling them.

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Mercantile's Guild

SGA[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    very well. i will help with that next turn then. things should be easier all around next turn in terms of funding since i am after all spending most of mine on blackpowder weapons this turn.

however, with that said. i do think napalm is a bit overkill in this situation. as far as i understand it, the Gears and Rams are just using illegal printing presses? perhaps issue a warning and retaliate if they dont give them up?

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

SGA
    Spoiler
    Show
    We've heard rumors about things in the area. And as a great Sage once said, "When dealing with a old thing trapped underground, there is no such thing as overkill. If anything, thgere is not enough overkill."

The Napalm is not for the people who operate the illegal printing presses. It's incase we find anything else that needs some overkill.

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

To Technists
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ah, such a shame then, to be held back by such antiquated structures. Regardless, I wasn't asking to buy one. It's a bit late to get them off the market anyway I'm afraid.

Instead, I'd like to offer an exchange of expertise as it were. Thanks to the generous, if extremely unpunctual, Militia we've come into possession of the plans and designs left behind by the cults of Lead Farrows. They have some extremely interesting theoretical and planning work done on the feasibility of auto-gyro's, and given your Guilds fascination with the sky I though you might be interested in such knowledge.

In return I merely ask for your help on a few small, and completely peaceful, if controversial projects we're working on.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

Ram Revolution (D ESP 9)

EBSA (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

"I plan on it. The meetings between myself and Blackfists dealt with nothing more than contingencies for if James tried to force his demands at sword-point. I am not in a plot to overthrow the city, simply to ensure that no one marches in and forces people to agree with something.

EBSA
    Spoiler
    Show

What if the judge gave a range for the sentence, or a set of options? One man, even one highly trained man, cannot be given the right to sentence a man. The judge could, however, tell the jury that a man must serve between 15 and 45 years in prison, or pay a fine between 10 and 50 gold pieces, or serve 5 years either in a work gang or in the armed forces, and the jury decides within the range set by the judge.

Gears
    Spoiler
    Show

can you tell me any more about this broadsheet? What would be it's main focus, and where would it be distributed?

Go Tigers!

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Technists to the Gears
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, it's half because as members, they can get the other ones to take action aganist us. Otherwise, we might be convinced to lose a few near the underdocks.

But, yes that sounds intresting. Always a good thing to aquire addtional knowledge, and there might be something useful in there.

As for contraversial projects, you have no idea why Desoui cracked down on us, do you? We can handle it. We're already working on Insulator cables, add a little safety feature, but we're intrested to know what your thinking of.

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Gear's Chosen (8)

To Ram
    Spoiler
    Show
    Consider at the moment the prospective contributors and yourselves, the blackfists and ourselves it would almost certainly be much more focused on the issues and causes of the Lower City. If the Press works to specifications if could probably be distributed everywhere we have manpower to get, to be honest.

Its goal would to be providing a political, and likely radical and republican, view on the events of the city. With a strong, focused editorial policy we might be able to establish an alternate major newspaper in the areas where we have some trust among the populace. As well, I'm sure you have plenty of friends lounging in Scholars compass who would love to write a piece or two.

To Technists
    Spoiler
    Show
    Oh, no need for another unfortunate losses in your supply, we've managed to secure a specimen for ourselves through other channels. Our ambitions run somewhat grander at the moment; an electrical, industrial press. If you could provide some minor aid if this, we'd be happy to let you print runs of whatever holy books you wish, as well as those tracts on workplace safety you are so found of.

Beyond that, we would like to do some joint work on the industrial power of electricity. Something I'm sure you would be interested in regardless.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

EBSA

Ram Revolution PM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Excellent. Then there may still be hope. I urge you and your revolution to trust Lord Wallen and his Lodstrom society, as from what I've seen is that they truly want to better the city as a whole. Barring that, lets not set the room on fire, we just cleaned out that palace.

Ram Revolution
    Spoiler
    Show
    That is an... acceptable proposal to an extent. I suggest for issues that are... unimportant enough (Think most kinds of theft, public indecency, minor assault, and the like) that a judge does not need a jury, to expedite the whole situation.

If we need a jury for every burglar and drunk in the city the system will break down. Murderers, Rapists, and the like will get their time before the people. Also, until there is law legislated, consider this a temporary affair. If the system breaks down we will let you know, and we will cease being apart of it.
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Mercantile's Guild

SGA[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    okay, you will have the support of my workshops next month.

[hehe, now i feel stupid]

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

The Champions of Sovereignty

To Council
    Spoiler
    Show
    "The answer to my question then is no. You will entertain nothing less than determining all power in the city by popular vote."

"I began in the same position as you, determined to achieve absolute monarchy, but I have compromised my position for the good of the city. Now I would divide power between the nobility, merchants, and popular vote."

"I urge you to reconsider your position before the meeting, lest your stubbornness be the cities bane."

To House Wallen [5]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "The council meeting is a formality. We had the consensus in our meeting last month. We will be glad to hear what improvements the other council members have thought of since our last talk, but the overall direction will be the same."

"We consider it a forgone conclusion."

"I understand the Lodstrom party follows your lead, but there are other respectable nobility in the city, who are not part of your party, whom we would want to speak to."

"We recognise House Laurier's nobility. They have already asked us to be in the House of Lords, rather than that of merchants. The Heladuit Court will be given the same choice."

"We would not have the House of nobility isolated, which is why we have been assembling the house of merchants as well, and would soon begin on the popular house."

"If the city is to fall into chaos, let our majority have a functioning government, that we might bring order quickly, and with minimal casualties."
    Last edited by razovor; 2012-11-05 at 06:09 AM.