New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Total War: Broken City, Book 2

On The Celestial Network

The Network is a Holy Incarnation, a miraculous creation made possible by the will of the Divine. To shut it down would be sacrilege of the highest order and greatly disturb our efforts to Perfect the City. Although we are willing to work with out friends in the Technists Guild in order to improve the safety of the Network, We are never going to shut it down, and if anyone else intends to we will be forced to take preemptive action in order to stop them.

Ruffians
    Spoiler
    Show
    In terms of spoils, I'd like to claim the Gear for ourselves, and a large chunk of the guilds Wealth, as we can get more use out of it then the rest of you thanks to our relationship with the Divine (read, Technoreligious trait).

Oh, and we will also be able to provide 3 Magic for the assault.
    Spoiler
    Show

played the Space Pope in Total War 2125
    ..and the Papal States of Luna in Total War 2260

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light

2. - Top - End - #302
    Troll in the Playground

Ram Revolution (D ESP 9)

Ruffians of S.A. (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

The Revolution would take the caravanserai, if possible. The poor workers there are the exact people whom are message takes root in easily.

Go Tigers!

3. - Top - End - #303
    Barbarian in the Playground

ESGE

Council/orcs
    Spoiler
    Show
    I fully support any resident of the city being considered a citizen, but I don't believe the orcs in question actually live within city limits. It would be rather strange, I think, to consider a person who does not live in a place to be a citizen. Now, should the city limits be expanded to include neighboring towns, perhaps it is reasonable.
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show
    TW: Broken City

Lord Founder needs no pants to face the beasts of the world, to descend into the darkest pits of the Earth and ascend above the divine clouds!
    TW: Cape City

TW: Supers!
    Image to come

TW: Dystopia
    Peoples Syndicalist Federation of China

Buy my music here

4. - Top - End - #304
    Ogre in the Playground

R.S.A.
    Spoiler
    Show
    And I suppose the Wardens will ideally be taking the Turnaround to maintain land connection with his holdings?
    Last edited by puppyavenger; 2012-11-23 at 10:34 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

5. - Top - End - #305
    Troll in the Playground

Ram Revolution:

RSA (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

That leaves Stockyard's Deep and Traveler's Quarter for the Wren and Blackfist, if they're agreeable to the plan. Each of us will eventually gain one territory, once we crush the guild.

Where exactly would the attack be taking place, by the way? We must march either through James' territory, or House Laurier, neither of which I see as being sympathetic to our cause, or most of our members.

On another note, I would like to suggest a collaboration between our collective police and detection agencies. Basically, an agreement to extradite people wanted for crimes in each others territory, as well as lend assistance if any large scale criminals - such as Redeye - ever attempt to set up in the areas. Since we are all neighbors, it would be extremely beneficial, and make a larger part of the city calm.
    Last edited by ForzaFiori; 2012-11-24 at 12:16 AM.

Go Tigers!

6. - Top - End - #306
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

ESBA [7]
    Spoiler
    Show

Is Celestial Network protected by law as Ram claims? I find it hard to believe that anything that harms citizens of the city would be afforded such protection. As legal experts, can you make a public ruling?

Dr. Melissa Blaine, Chief Doctor of Bloodhaven Hospital

Church of Neposh [7]
    Spoiler
    Show

The Gear’s Chosen claim, that the Celestial Network is a will of the Divine. Is it truly such? I admit I find it hard to believe Gear’s claims, as certainly no miracles of the Divine would injure innocent people. As the shepherds of faith, I hope you can make a public statement to tell people, whether it’s indeed a miracle or just a work of mortal sorcery.

Dr. Melissa Blaine, Chief Doctor of the Bloodhaven Hospital.
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

7. - Top - End - #307
    Ogre in the Playground

Yhe Order of the Wren [8]

RSA [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "We will be going through the Kings lands. Do not worry. The Wren is on good terms with the King, and it will be arranged so that he can take his men through. "

"Their lands will be almost empty regardless, as all their military forces are busy in the Shattered lands, and will remain there."

"As for territory, I expect the Wardens will want the Bridge more than anything else. Regardless, petty things like that can be decided when our enemies have fallen before us."

8. - Top - End - #308
    Colossus in the Playground

The Blackfist

"Alcohol harms the people, and yet, there are bars throughout the city. The people can choose for themselves whether they want heat and light or not, and at what cost. So we are truly grateful to Doctor Vasari for revealing this."
    Resident Vancian Apologist

9. - Top - End - #309
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

The Unpattern Corridor

''Lord Wallen, I have just received information, that a dangerous cultists of the Blood-in-Black-Water. I have heard you have contacts all around the world. Would you know anybody, who would know anything of the Elsinier Skinwalkers? Or said Cult?''

House Laurier [7]
    Spoiler
    Show

''Greetings. I’m Liche Whitecrane of the White-Stripe Mages Daimot. I have received information of a highly dangerous individual, who may present a supernatural danger to the entire city. Would you be able to assist me? I require Tome V of Tyrone Desloke, as it may contain certain vital information to help apprehend the criminal. His books are quite popular in Merchant's Water.''

Blackspell Watch [6]
    Spoiler
    Show

''I’m Liche Whitecrane, serving in the place of Dr. Vassari on the Board of Founders of the Watch. The recent donation drive was a success, as your fatter salary purses at the end of the month may attest to. If you demonstrate now, that those coins didn’t go to waste, the support and prestige of the Blackspell Watch will continue to grow.''

''I have information on an individual, who presents danger to the entire city. Magical danger. You are the most equipped to pursue and stop him. His name is Hael Redreuq. You would have information on him from the [Prison Records] in the Daimot Library. He is a worshipper of the Blood-in-Black Water, a demonic entity of great danger. Redreuq arrived to the city, posing as an ambassador for Elsinier. I will arrange with the Ambassadorial Guard, for the search of the embassy.''

Ambassadorial Guard [7]
    Spoiler
    Show

''I believe Mr. Hael Redreuq was involved in something unsavoury, hence the reason for his disappearance. As such it would be prudent to search the embassy. Would it present a problem?''

Zemalac [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Is Warden Exarn of Gatehouse Prison now a Warden’s VIP or a semi-independent one?
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

10. - Top - End - #310
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

To the wardens
    Spoiler
    Show
    We'd be intrested in buying the mines, but have you considered taking the SGA as a partner in this? In anycase, what will you want for them?
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

11. - Top - End - #311
    Troll in the Playground

Wardens to Technists
    Spoiler
    Show

Well, that depends on the amount of mines you wish to acquire. We want p. Wealth for them, of course. We'll discuss the specifics once you've surveyed what you need and we've discussed the matter further with the Orcs.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

The Champions of Sovereignty:

On the Network

If Doctor Vassari's report is correct, then alcohol is not a good analogy for electricity. Alcohol harms those that consume it, electricity harms any within vicinity of it.

A man can turn off his own lights, but he can't turn off his neighbours lights, the street lights, lights in the town hall, or at the local shops.

If it is harmful, the network must be turned off entirely, for the sake of those who do not want their neighbourhood flooded with harmful emissions.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Ogre in the Playground

Gear's Chosen (8)

RSA (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Excellent, and agreed.

So, shall we grant someone overall command, or just work out strategy communally here? (That is, should I just grant someone command of my troops for the month, or will we just attack as a coalition?)

To the Temples of the Mendicant Fields (Internal)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Feelers are sent to all the major militant orders that are cooperating with me to determine the answers to two things

a. What is there opinion of the Opium Dens and Brothels of the Untima

and

b. Would they amenable to destroying them, and establishing a more virtuous regime over the district.

Wardens
    Spoiler
    Show
    Regarding the mines, we are extremely interested in securing a reliable supply of local copper, and would be willing to fund the construction of mines to exploit such a supply entirely by ourselves.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

14. - Top - End - #314
    Bugbear in the Playground

Church of Neposh

On the Network
    - You have stated that the network is divine. Are you saying it is a god itself?

To Bloodhaven
    Spoiler
    Show

ooc: The church is more atheist. We believe that all gods are manipulating, evil, and should be destroyed. Neposh himself was the human who realized this and killed a few of their number. Therefore he is the only god worthy of worship.

With the empty Blood Gang removed our military will jump at the chance for a crusade. If you can give us the location, we will work to secure it.

To Militia Order of Justice
    Spoiler
    Show

We thank you for your help with the empty Blood gang, their removal shows what we can achieve through cooperation. We would like to begin preaching in your territory. Will you allow it and not move against us?

15. - Top - End - #315
    Ogre in the Playground

Order of the Wren

RSA [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Well, the Wren will be present to direct forces at the battle itself. Field commanders should be appraised of the situation before they move out, but if all here agree, The Wren can take operational command when we move out. "

16. - Top - End - #316
    Ogre in the Playground

On the Network:

Church of Neposh:
    Of course the network itself is not a god, it is a sacred working and an Incarnation of the Divine Will, but the division between the Material and the Divine is absolute. It is folly to claim anything can truly partake of both essences.

In General:
    Indeed comparing the Network to alcohol is rather fallacious, although if the symptoms are as severe as the Good Doctor claims then a comparison to some of the other things he peddles might be warranted. But unlike the debased substances our citizens can choose to partake of, the Network provides benefits. It allows the city to built higher and greater, it heats the hearths of those who would otherwise freeze. If you would demand that the poor of the city render themselves destitute buying firewood and oil, you're welcome to do so in person.

RSA (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Certainly, the Gilded Pyramid will provide a spearhead and serve as a command hub for our forces. Although I'm afraid I may have to reduce my commitment in case Vasari can incite the Church of Neposh to anything. Even in the worst-cast scenario we should still be able to provide the Pyramid, 5 Mil and 3 Mag however.
    Last edited by puppyavenger; 2012-11-24 at 01:21 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

17. - Top - End - #317

RSA [PM]

Spoiler
    Show
    "The Middle Finger is in fact preparing a plan to strike Vasari from an unexpected direction. He was very helpful and friendly in the past, but it seems he got what he wanted from us, and he's getting arrogant and demanding.

The first part of the plan? The Blackfist and the Wren will accuse the Peacocks in court. We hope that a jury will decide that their opium dens and other illegal activities should be persecuted. This will either bring the law down on Vasari's pet military, or it will demand his attention, while we only send one man who would not directly contribute much to the fighting. Call it a diversion.

Wasn't the Church of Neposh on relatively friendly terms with the Ram? There should be an opportunity for diplomacy there. Talk a little less of Divine Incarnation with them, though, they are fanatic about it. Talk of the practical benefits, not the religious aspects."

18. - Top - End - #318
    Ogre in the Playground

RSA (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    That would work. We have a fair amount of influence with the more conventional churches of the city from our role in the Mendicant Fields, and we could probably arrange a denunciation of the Peacocks if you would like. Although, what time frame are you thinking of doing this in? I'd imagine the sooner the better.

Also, something that came to mind, the Mercantile Guild currently controls Little Zachnar. I could see if my friends in the Dreumont could make an attack, but they're likely to require some support.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

19. - Top - End - #319

RSA (PM)

Spoiler
    Show
    "The Wren and I talked about saving Little Zanchar as a diversion. It is a very obvious target, surrounded by our forces as it is. But I think we can leave it for l ater. It was the Wren's opinion that all false intelligence should point towards the Sausage Guild, not the Mercantile guild at all.

Another thing we need to talk about. Public Relations. Whta official reason do we claim for this attack?"
    Last edited by Eldan; 2012-11-24 at 01:38 PM.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Ogre in the Playground

The Order of the Wren

RSA [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Indeed. Though, if these... Dreumont can stage a diversionary attack there, that might be of use. Chaos and confusion are our friends. They should not risk their lives overmuch though, since they are presumably a small force. Just a feint would do."

21. - Top - End - #321
    Ogre in the Playground

RSA (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    That depends on how much of fig leaf we want I suppose. Inciting riots should prove simple enough for your combined covert abilities and aid us in the assault, but it would be an extremely thin justification. Find or fabricate some proof of cooperation with warlords, and we would seem like we were overreacting at the very least. I'm not sure we can come p with an excuse that's more then paper-thin, really.
    Last edited by puppyavenger; 2012-11-24 at 01:47 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

22. - Top - End - #322
    Troll in the Playground

Wardens to Gear's Chosen:
    Spoiler
    Show

If you wish to send surveyors to the area we can accommodate them. We're willing to sell you rights to enough of the current copper mines to sate your current demand as well as to any new claims you make, provided they do produce copper, in exchange for 1 p.Wealth. We will also handle the guarding of the mines and the transport of the goods into the City free of charge.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

23. - Top - End - #323
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Mercantile's Guild

SGA[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    If no one objects, I plan to invite the UAL here to the hall once again. If the Wardens do come then I will need aid to fend them off and the UAL could be of great use for such a situation.

Also, I fear they may try some more covert attacks against me...Could I ask that those of you with spare agents, send them over to help cover me?

To GM[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    So how much MIL/ESP do my other neighbourhoods have guarding them? namely the Hosts-watch, Little Zancher and the carriage houses. plus whatever the Drovers can muster in the way of guards...

Also, how much would it cost to hire some Laheim mercs on a permanent contract? hopefully their job wouldnt be too much work, just guarding my neighbourhoods.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

To the Orcs
    Spoiler
    Show
    We would like to extend the offer of opening a school in Tregon. We'd need a bit of help building it, but we can supply the teachers and school related meterials.
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

25. - Top - End - #325
    Dwarf in the Playground

To the Technists [5]
    Spoiler
    Show
    A school for our people to learn basic reading and writing and other stuff would be great. But I do not know if we can build it this month.

GM:
    Spoiler
    Show
    What effect would a school have on my faction, taking into consideration that Orcs are slow, but also that the Gregorian Orcs have probably much more they could learn than city Orcs after being enslaved?

How many teachers and what for other stuff does morale represent and how many rooms do I need per Morale?

Does a better quality building have any positive effects?

Seeing that I may soon have a clinic, a school and an EBSA field office in my village, each one with Humans taking the main positions in it, and that Tregon is a fair distance away from Sav Altulas, is there anything I should take into consideration? Would housing have any tangible positive effect?

Current Status: Awake

Total War Factions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Co-GM of Imperial City.

Shards of War: The Caliphate of Ethiopa. Faithful inheritor of Kherans godly empire.

Broken City: Orc Uprising. Liberated Orcs that want to build a new life at the outskirts of Sav Altulas.

Voyage: Free Folk - Green Star. Your friendly neighbourhood anarchist pirate community.

[Defunct]
    Warhammer 40k: Gronarks Band. Kunning Blood Axe Warband.

GMT +2

26. - Top - End - #326
    Troll in the Playground

Ram Revolution (D ESP 9):

Church of Neposh (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

Constantine approached the headquarters of the Church, and took a deep breath before knocking on the door. When it opens, he speaks bluntly. "I'm the Ram. I'm here to speak to the highest Church official who can see me immediately."

RSA (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

I will sound out the Church, and see if I can convince them to stay their hand, at least for now. Our relations haven't been great recently however - territorial disputes in Annosus differences of opinion on the Council may have driven a wedge in.

For the false information I'm hoping to give the Mercantile Guild, what should it say?

I'm afraid the Wren may be right. It's doubtful we'll be able to find anything to even come close to justifying an outright attack, unless we can make it seem like they attacked first...

General Krodok will be present at the attack as well, leading the Revolutionary Army. Will James allow the army to go through his territory, even if it's not under the command of the Wren, or should we join with you for the march across his territory? Finally, when we get there, where should everyone attack? James' territory boarders 3 of the Guild's territories: The Gear, Traveler's Quarter, and Stockyard's Deep. We could each (Gears, Ram, and Wren) hit one, or concentrate our efforts on one to be sure.

Orc Uprising
    Spoiler
    Show

We apologize, but General Krodok will not be able to come and meet with you, do to pressing matters. However, we would like to caution you to be wary of James and his cronies once again. And to try to keep your eyes and mind open. Monarchies and oligarchies of the rich have failed the people again and again. Why shouldn't we try something new?
    Last edited by ForzaFiori; 2012-11-24 at 05:02 PM.

Go Tigers!

27. - Top - End - #327
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

The Champions of Sovereignty:

To the Orcs of Tregon [5]
    Spoiler
    Show
    To: Krien Roadhand

I invited the Gregorian ambassador to set up an embassy here, that we might talk. I hope after this recent shaking of the foundations of their society, that they might rethink the way they govern themselves, and become a more moderate, liberal nation. It's a longshot, but I'll see what progress I can make. If successful, we could open trade, sign a few pacts, generally strengthen both our nations.

I'll walk down to Tregon now.

To House Wallen: [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    You have representation in the SGA. You can see all their private conversations. I would like access to those conversations.
    Last edited by razovor; 2012-11-24 at 05:41 PM.

28. - Top - End - #328
    Ogre in the Playground

The Order of the Wren

RSA[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "The King will allow all of our forces through. Either way, he won't have men to stop us, with them being in the Shattered Lands. Of this, I am certain."

"As for a vector of attack, I suggest we concentrate our forces and sweep through, aiming for military forces and wealth. The aim is not take territory, but to damage the Mercantile Guilds ability to fight back."

"Once they are crippled, dealing with their territory will be simple enough."

29. - Top - End - #329
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Unpattern Corridor

''The White-Stripe Mages are about hierarchy and discipline. We provide a structured, supportive environment for our members to grow and develop their abilities. We prize skill, but also such qualities as integrity, loyalty and ambition.''

''I’m curious. Your education – won’t it affect your political career? Sometimes a lot more things can be changed by a skilled orator and politician, then an Archmage.''

Bloodhaven to Tregon Orks [5]
    Spoiler
    Show

You need to wait for the Doctors to arrive of course. Hopefully it won’t take long.
    [Okay, I’ll mark it in my EoT]

30. - Top - End - #330
    Bugbear in the Playground

Gregorian Ambassador to Wardens (6)
    Spoiler
    Show

Of course. I'll have my aide set up an appointment to speak with you.

Carriage Houses/Host's Watch to Mercantile's Guild (4)
    Spoiler
    Show

We'll see what we can do.

Market Guard to Mercantile's Guild (4)
    Spoiler
    Show

I think that unlikely, but we will keep an eye on the streets just in case.

oblivion6 (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

Neilson was in the city last turn, passing through. He is no longer around.

Church of Neposh/Militia/Bloodhaven (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

Nearest standing stones are the ones directly to the east of the city, within the forest there. However, that forest is known to be inhabited by the Upside Circle, who do not take kindly to intruders. The second closest standing stones are to the south, quite a bit further away, just off the Mercantile's Guild caravan route to the Empire.

Artists to Viche Whitecrane (0)
    Spoiler
    Show

It's been a thousand years and more since then! No one knows any of the Talidor songs any more, not really, and the borders may as well be cloud for all their strength.

??? to Mercantile's Guild (4)
    Spoiler
    Show

Cautus cim vestris calamum, mercatori. Scientes nimium of vestri melioribus 'opus aliquod potest esse dira quidem. *

* Translated from the Royal Trade Tongue: Careful with your pen, merchant. Knowing too much of your betters' work can be dire indeed.

Artists to ESGE (0)
    Spoiler
    Show

Of course, my lord!

House Laurier to Bloodhaven (7)
    Spoiler
    Show

An easy enough thing to acquire. We will have a copy delivered as soon as the passes clear.

Blackspell Watch to Bloodhaven (7)
    Spoiler
    Show

We'll see what we can do, sir.

Ambassadorial Guard to Sausage Guild (12)
    Spoiler
    Show

One Mr. Liche Whitecrane has asked something of us that we thought we ought to clear with you first.

''I believe Mr. Hael Redreuq was involved in something unsavoury, hence the reason for his disappearance. As such it would be prudent to search the embassy. Would it present a problem?''
    Mr. Redreuq was the ambassador from Elsinier who was here a year or two ago.

Thelonius (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

Malcolm Exarn is a Warden VIP. He wasn't at first, but they've taken pains to gain his loyalty.

Of course, any VIP can potentially be persuaded to change sides...

Temples to Gear's Chosen (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

Vile and sinful lot. Burn them all.

Militia of Order and Justice to Church of Neposh (6)
    Spoiler
    Show

I see no harm in it.

Rafinius (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

1. Having a school and an educated populace allows you to grow certain stats faster, particularly MAG and WEL.

2. I don't track those numbers. It's more abstract than anything.

3. Better quality buildings reduce seasonal penalties (cold weather, storms, etc).

4. I feel like that would be giving away too much.
    Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ran: Boundless Isles
    IC
    OOC

Sixth Nexus: THE VIGIL

Total War: Cape City