Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Default Re: Total War: Broken City, Book 2

to GM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Could i have an estimation of the Hosts-Watch's capabilities? I believe as of turn 1 they had about 4 MIL but I think they have conducted several buildups since then.

How much would it cost to hire a company of Laheim mercs on a permanent contract for strictly guard duty?

2. - Top - End - #332
    Ogre in the Playground

R.S.A.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I would suggest focusing on securing the bridge and the Caravansai then, as well as the workshops of the Gear. Although if we can avoid fighting any other major formations, taking the entire district would be ideal of course.

To Temples (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Excellent,

I tell them that soon some friends will be moving against the Peacocks in court, and once that happens if they could use their influence over the godsfearing masses of the city to denounce them it should help clear away any obstacles. Then we would be able to move in force, purge the district, and if some orders would like to provide militant members for the assault they
    would be granted full license and some funding to convert Painted Court into a neighborhood for Churches and Temples.

To Dreumont (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

On a few free evenings Joshua talks to the more prominent of the Dreumont, especially of the more militant bet. The conversations have three main points

a. Do they want Icy Mount Electrified?

b. Would they be willing to commit forces to making a feint at Little Zachnar this month in order to disrupt and distract SGA forces around. Some compensation could be provided, and they would not have to fight any real resistance, merely make an appearance and some sound and fury, before withdrawing when people begin to fight back in an organized fashion.

c. We would like to integrate your magical talents more firmly into our organization. Would any of you be willing to take on apprentices from the Chosen? To be educated in the traditional style of course

[/spoiler]
    Spoiler
    Show

played the Space Pope in Total War 2125
    ..and the Papal States of Luna in Total War 2260

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light

3. - Top - End - #333
    Troll in the Playground

Ram Revolution

RSA (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

How's this for a basic plan of action:
    The Gears Chosen enter through the Gear. they can shut down the factories and other mechanical works there with precision, doing enough damage that a techno-religion such as theirs can fix it, but not the Merchants guild, as well as hiting military installations. The Wren and the Revolutionary Army will march through Travelers Quarter, taking out military and industrial targets as well, and the two forces rejoin in the Caravansarai, before moving to the bridge. That should be possible with our three armies, if their forces are truely going to be missing.

Which raises another point. What do we do if we take the bridge and then their forces try to re-enter the city on their way back from the Shattered Lands?

Finally, I still need to know what sort of false information we're hoping to pass on the guilds.

Go Tigers!

4. - Top - End - #334
    Troll in the Playground

Wardens to Orc Uprising (And Champions of Sovereingty, potentially) (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

Greetings. The reason for this meeting is, on my part, to decide upon how exactly we shall be proceeding in the Shattered Lands. There's the mines we recently liberated together, the ownership and utilization of which will need to be decided upon, and also the question of where to proceed next. We could send our troops to fight the Upside Circle with you, or potentially target a different area if that seems like the best option for proceeding quickly. I fear that in the summer we will have to slow down to contend with increasing numbers of raiders.

In addition, we can hopefully touch on some political questions about Sav Altulas and the factions therein. It would be a boon to our mutually beneficial relationship to go through potential problems in that direction beforehand, so that we do not find ourselves suddenly backing two opposing groups or the like.

What are your opinions on the subjects presented?

Wardens to Gregorian Ambassador
    Spoiler
    Show

We would like to talk about the Shattered Lands. Hopefully King James will be negotiating with you some treaties, and we can also add our promise of helping you protect yourselves against any dangers if you in turn help protect Sav Altulas if something threatens both our homes. Regardless, we would currently be specifically interested in what you know of the regions to your north, northeast and also the Traitor Legion camps on the opposing bank of the river. We are currently expanding a sphere around Sav Altulas, relatively clear of raiders and other dangers, and need to assess our next direction of advance.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Ogre in the Playground

RSA
    Spoiler
    Show
    Perhaps that our main attack is just a feint, and our real effort will be to push through the Drueger Grounds into Heavensgate? With the Heladuits recent actions in Tailorsway it would be pretty easy to justify, and one of you can start making an issue of it now so it won't seem tot come out of the Blue.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

6. - Top - End - #336
    Troll in the Playground

RSA (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

Do you think that it will work, or would it pull the nobles in on the side of the merchants earlier than they would have joined normally? And would the merchants not take our planning an attack on the nobles as a good reason to hit us from behind - where they'll run smack into our army anyway, which is what we want them not to do.

Go Tigers!

7. - Top - End - #337
    Ogre in the Playground

RSA
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wait, isn't the Heladuit Court in the SGA?
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

8. - Top - End - #338
    Troll in the Playground

RSA (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

OOC: nvm any of that. I confused houses Laurier and Heladuit for a minute. Plan sounds good.

Go Tigers!

9. - Top - End - #339
    Ogre in the Playground

RSA
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wonderful, so shall you bring up the issue, or shall we leave it to the Blackfists?
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

10. - Top - End - #340
    Troll in the Playground

RSA (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

If the blackfists can handle causing a small commotion (is that really even a question?) then I will put my entire espionage force into passing false information, so it's as believable as possible.

Go Tigers!

11. - Top - End - #341
    Ogre in the Playground

The Order of the Wren

RSA [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I would suggest any feint suggests we attack the Sausage Guild directly. It will be much easier for them to believe than a sudden movement for the nobles."

"Other than that, the direction of the attack seems reasonable, though we have to be careful we do not run into more resistance any of our individual forces can handle. Still, with the Wardens attacking from the North, the meagre forces the Mercantile Guild can muster should not be able to resist. "

12. - Top - End - #342
    Colossus in the Playground

RSA PM

Spoiler
    Show
    "If we make the Sausage Guild the target of our feint, we won't be making the ones making a commotion. Officially, we are still trying the diplomatic approach with them."
    Resident Vancian Apologist

13. - Top - End - #343
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Church of Neposh/Tregon Orks [5]
    Spoiler
    Show

''I was wondering, if the interests of the Tregon Orks and Church of Neposh could coincide in the matter of the Upside Circle. Those vile criminals have stopped the logging efforts of the Tregon, and they hold hostage the Standing Stone of Talidor. If Church of Neposh was to provide Mages to counter the foul sorceries of Upside Circle to Tregon war party, Tregon can drive the Circle away. This would resume the logging and allow the Church to organize pilgrimage to the holy site, from which the old faith of Talidor can be brought to the Shattered Lands and Sav Altulus.''

Viche Whitecrane, of White-Stripe Mages
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

14. - Top - End - #344
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

The Champions of Sovereignty:

To Wardens, Orcs of Tregon [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "The Church of Neposh may be willing to join us if we go after the Upside Circle. I would welcome their support."

"I'll try to answer any questions you might have. You've been in the city a month now, I assume there are some things you're curious about."

To the Council:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I vote in favour of the Orcs being accepted as citizens

The Esoteric Society raises a good point. The Orcs are not within the bounds of the city. But they are within the bounds of the country, which is now steadily expanding outwards into the shattered lands.

It would merely be a formality, they would have exactly the same rites as any other citizen, but I do suggest we declare them citizens of the country of Sav Altulas, not citizens of the city.

15. - Top - End - #345
    Ogre in the Playground

EBSA

Orcs of Tregon
    Spoiler
    Show
    We would be greatly honored to build a Field Office in Tregon. The agents of law that staff the office will be at your service to instruct and aid you in learning the laws of Sav Altuas.

SGA and Wallen
    Spoiler
    Show
    We would accept a private meeting. Anala is at your service.

Bookbinders
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you wish our friends.

Bloodhaven
    Spoiler
    Show
    We shall let them know that this warrants an immediate investigation. Also, with supervision, you may look into the archives.

On the Celestial Network

Pending a further investigation, the EBSA suggests that the Celestial Network is temporarily shut down until experts from the Chosen, Bloodhaven, Technists, and EBSA (along with any other engineers who understand the science behind the network) have a chance to investigate the side effects more closely.

Under Code 34c, under the Civilian Hazard Clause (Originally set in place to avoid magical fallout from effecting citizens, but in this case the courts do not differentiate the two when in is potentially harmful to large numbers of city citizens). Compliance is appreciated.

If the board discovers that the side effects were overplayed, or do not exist, then the Network will be given the green light. Otherwise the network will have to be permanently shut off until modifications dealing with the dangerous emissions have been added.

Failure to comply is, by the same Code (paragraph 6, relating to the admission of guilt segment of 98-57, articles of Natural Law) an admission of guilt, and the Network will be shut down and criminal penalties shall be applied.

Consul Blizzardmarch, EBSA
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

16. - Top - End - #346
    Barbarian in the Playground

ESGE

Council
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ah, so this is now a vote for whether we consider ourselves the government of the city of Sav Altuas, or the nation of Sav Altuas, which have heretofore been synonymous. I of course would welcome the orcs into the nation of Sav Altuas -a self sufficient nation needs manual laborers- but I have some reservations as to welcoming them into our city.
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show
    TW: Broken City

Lord Founder needs no pants to face the beasts of the world, to descend into the darkest pits of the Earth and ascend above the divine clouds!
    TW: Cape City

TW: Supers!
    Image to come

TW: Dystopia
    Peoples Syndicalist Federation of China

Buy my music here

17. - Top - End - #347
    Dwarf in the Playground

Orc Uprising
    (Def.Esp.5)

To Merchantile Guild:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I believe you are a member of Sav Altulas' Council. I would be very happy if you could give your blessing for giving the Orcs in Tregon citizenship.

Krien Roadhand

To Bloodhaven/Church of Neposh:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes. We were already planning to strike them this month. We know little about the standing stone but any help is welcome.

Meeting in Tregon (Orcs/Wardens/Champions) [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    After Ambrose and Tarmin arrived in Tregon, they were led to Stonecutter's house by Dor and Krien. It looked much like the other huts, except that it had much more furniture, probably gifts by all her greatful followers. The hostess was already seated at the table, discussing something with an elder shaman. As the humans entered he quickly left. A young woman put a basket of fruit and 5 large cups of goatmilk on the table and then left too.

Brigwa begun to speak.
    "I hear that you've been fighting over the mines a while now and that we were a great help only at the last battle. So you should have the last say on this Tarmin. But the Wardens are warriors not workers, and the mines are just south from here. We would like to get full control over them. I propose a tribute of [1 wealth] and a shipment of [1 unit] of whatever you prefer from what we produce each month. Beginning from when we first get something out of them."

"Warchief Dor is planning to strike the Upper Circle this turn. Their beasts killed more than one of my loggers and they have to pay."

"We settled on Commander, didn't we? Anyhow, here is what we know about them. As I said they are mostly humans, druids I think. They control the beasts of the forest to attack anyone who touches their trees. Some say they take on the forms of the beasts themselves. We already had long trouble with them up in Gregoria, but we freed us some forest land there many years ago.
    From what the men told me, they are faced by animals of roughly [2 military] and [7 magic] of the Upper Circle.
    Now depending on the help we get, I have two plans:
    If we get at least [7 stats] I will lead the force straight in, routing the Circle and maybe putting in place a perimeter.
    Else I rather not fight too deep in the forest. So I will put my men to cut down the trees and they either show up and we ambush them, or they don't and we get to continue our work."

"We are vulnerable to raids in Tregon so you will have to tell me what I should watch out for here in this area."

"Sav Altulas is pretty overwhelming, so I don't reall know where to start asking" Krien said. "I took the time to read some of the old Bookbinder's Standard issues though, so I will just ask whenever I think of something. Tell us whatever we have to know."
    "I noticed that the animosities between your Wardens and the Merchants are increasing again. Will you go to war with them, commander? What is the Kings stance on the matter Sir Ambrose?"

{GM: Brigwa is the one actually used for this PM mechanics wise}

To EBSA:
    Spoiler
    Show
    None of us has had the chance to really look at one of your field offices. Please tell us what you require.
    {OOC: I am asking what stats I should invest into the building, taking into account that you will have to provide the personell.}

Whe were also told that there is some prosedure we have to go through to become citizen. What do you know about that?

To ESGE (Open, through Council)
    Spoiler
    Show
    It is good to know how you see our kind.

To Technists:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think we could build the school this month. Will your teachers be able to come so fast or should we better do something else?
    Last edited by Rafinius; 2012-11-25 at 06:38 PM.

Current Status: Awake

Total War Factions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Co-GM of Imperial City.

Shards of War: The Caliphate of Ethiopa. Faithful inheritor of Kherans godly empire.

Broken City: Orc Uprising. Liberated Orcs that want to build a new life at the outskirts of Sav Altulas.

Voyage: Free Folk - Green Star. Your friendly neighbourhood anarchist pirate community.

[Defunct]
    Warhammer 40k: Gronarks Band. Kunning Blood Axe Warband.

GMT +2

18. - Top - End - #348

NinjaGuy

To Roving Contract
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Dear Uncle: Have you heard of a misterious and dangerous Cult of the Blood-in-Black-Water?
    Or something about someone called Elsinier Skinwalkers?

This is a matter of the greatest importance, that might be important for the well-being of the City."

To SGA [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Madame Beteoui enters the Commercial Hall. The faces are grim, but all the representatives are talking. The president of the meeting calls for a halt, and gives the word to Madame Beteoui.

She is plainly dressed (Strange in her), but her notes are written in the classic pink paper that has become her signature.

"Are we to do nothing while one of your greatest members is destroyed? are we to be idle while a dangerous Cult spreads poison over the City and refuses to hear the rightful government?

I have asked you to be in this meeting because you are the only ones in this City I can trust with this ideas. I wish I didn't have to speak this words, but it is necessary.

I say we move now, and move in force to finish this threats before it's too late.

I offer to guide the forces we have against the Gear's Chosen, or to help the Merchants if a suitable transport is available.

I could offer my spies to help protect them; but I'm willing to hear what you have to offer.

I don't intend to move to total War. But I believe that Total War is inevitable, and that the Enemy is at the gates. Should we fail now, and we will be the next in line.
    The Wardens can't be negotiated with. The Sausage Guild did, and now their Guildmaster may be dead.
    Maybe the Wardens are to blame, maybe not. But it sure is suspicious.

I propose to do one or all of the following:
    1 - To carry out an operation to destroy the Warden's Military capabilities while they are busy attacking the Merchants. If the EBSA supports us and the Sausage Guild helps, we'll have little problem to get there. If the Wardens attack as we think, we'll have the advantage
    2 - To shut down the Network ourselves, using force if necessary.
    3 - To gather support for the Merchant's Guild, to prevent its destruction at the hands of the Wardens.

I realize that we have been peaceful for now, intervening only against direct threats to the City. I believe that this two targets are great threats. If the Wardens are left unnatended, they will conquer the whole town in little time. And none of us have a place in their town.
    The same can be said about the Gears. If the government orders something for the Public Good, the order must be carried out.

The time for petty conspiracies is over. We must fight or die."

To Council [Public]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Well, the Orcs of Gregoria now know how both sides of the nobility thinks. If you ever need something from us, feel free to ask. We'll certainly ask ourselves.

All I can do for now is to give you my best wishes, and assure you that you will have representation in the Government once we figure things out around here"

To Council
    Spoiler
    Show
    "On other matters; what are we to do on the Celestial Network issue? The EBSA has made clear that the Network is not protected by the Law, and Doctor Vassari is certain that it represents a public health danger.

The order has been given to shut it down. Are we to allow an order of the Government to remain unheard?"

To King James
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Why would Your Majesty wish to hear about the money-counters bussiness? What is your position in the Warden-Merchant issue?"

Unpattern Corridor
    "My political career... It may suffer from this, but it may also suffer if I stay in Wallen Manor doing nothing. I have already spoken my words, and I'm fairly certain that most of the town knows them to a certain extent.
    I must show I'm capable of actually working, besides talking. Otherwise, I'm just another scamming politician, selling nothing for gold.

The truth is that a lot of things will have to be changed, to be able to change society with good words only. In this regard, the Doctor has been extremely lucky. I can only wish that he stays that way."
    Last edited by Ragnar Lodbroke; 2012-11-25 at 07:18 PM.

19. - Top - End - #349
    Troll in the Playground

Ram Revolution (D ESP 9)

Council:
    Spoiler
    Show

Are we to shut down anything that someone claims is deadly? Vassari has given no proof of this danger, only claimed that he has found it. We should launch an investigation into the matter, certainly. But to shut it down based what is at this point mere rumors of danger is uncalled for. Unless Vassari provides the proof of this danger, or a 3rd party investigation shows danger, I see no reason why it should be shut down.

Go Tigers!

20. - Top - End - #350
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

The Champions of Sovereignty

To House Wallen: [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I hope the issue does not become any more pronounced. The wardens have been loyal to me. The merchants of dry-dock have the right to chose whether they want to be a part of the mercantile guild. I would hate for blood to be shed over this."

"I ask, not for this issue, but the wider political landscape. For the SGA are political players, not merely businesses. Dr Vassari is a good man, but the rest act for their own sake. I hope I have done enough to show you I care only for the peoples well-being."

Meeting in Tregon [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "You seem resolutely set against the Upside Circle. We are unsure ourselves, but they are as good a target as any. We can provide you the support you desire."

"War with the mercantile Guild? I really hope it does not come to that. To see the city torn apart over a small disagreement would be tragic. The Shipwrights guild have the right to determine whether they want to be a part of the Mercantile Guild. I hope this issue can be solved peacefully."

To the Council: [Public]
    Spoiler
    Show
    We should give them time to consider the issue, and turn the network off on their own.

21. - Top - End - #351
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Mercantile's Guild

Council[Public]
    Spoiler
    Show
    I may be part of a minority here but I say we grant the Orcs of Tregon citizenship. Most orcs I know are strong, hardy and will work hard if you treat them well. I think they could be a great addition to the city.

In order to hopefully pacify some of the more stubborn representitives here, I propose that before granting them this citizenship, we have them serve 2-3 months bettering the city economy by performing work in patrolling the trade-routes and keeping them safe from bandits.

They are already out in the Shattered-lands so that should not be too much to ask. Do the "wise" members of the council and the orcs agree to this proposal?

22. - Top - End - #352

ESGE

Council/Orcs
    Spoiler
    Show
    I apologize if I have caused offense; I speak not of my own opinions, but of public reaction. You are right, though. Giving time to allow the populous to adjust to having Orcs living among them would certainly make the transition easier.

Council
    Spoiler
    Show
    Now, where should we find the burden of proof? Do we want Vassari to prove his allegations of danger before we shut it down, or do we ask the Gear's Chosen to give proof it is safe before it is activated. Were it a risk approved and accepted by every person potentially effected, I would say to let them risk it if they wish, but as it potentially unwittingly endangers every person who so much as passes through the area, I honestly believe it is far better to be safe than sorry, as they say, in this case.
    Last edited by Nyrt; 2012-11-25 at 09:06 PM.
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show
    TW: Broken City

Lord Founder needs no pants to face the beasts of the world, to descend into the darkest pits of the Earth and ascend above the divine clouds!
    TW: Cape City

TW: Supers!
    Image to come

TW: Dystopia
    Peoples Syndicalist Federation of China

Buy my music here

23. - Top - End - #353
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Mercantile's Guild

Council
    Spoiler
    Show
    I agree that the network should be shut down until further notice.

SGA[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am open to any of your proposals but I will not be able to spare anything obviously so my voice should not matter much in this matter and will wait for others to voice their opinions...

If you do end up sending your troops to aid me, then I will ask the Carriage houses to provide transportation.

24. - Top - End - #354
    Ogre in the Playground

Gear's Chosen (8)

To Technists
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings. In the interests of avoiding any regrettable violence occurring in the Smokeyards, something which your friends in the SGA seem increasingly dedicated to causing, I am curious if we could work together on a compromise of sorts. Id like to cooperate on stopping whatever emission has the Good Doctor so terrified, and do it quickly. Would you be interested in a joint project?

To RSA (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm rather busy being menaced myself at the moment I'm afraid, and the only person who I can really credibly threaten at this point is Vasari. Although I'm willing and able if you want that done

To Wardens
    Spoiler
    Show
    My apologies, so will we be expected to construct and staff the mine ourselves in addition to the p. Wealth. Thanks to recent intrigues in the city, I'm afraid we can't afford that this turn, thugh it grieves me to say so.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

25. - Top - End - #355
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

SGA[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'll send some of our guards over. We don't have much, but we can help set up defences.

Also, we will be working with the gears to fix whatever problem there is with the celestial network. Of coursde, we'll need whatever papers, notes and data was gathered in the intial investigation.

To the gears
    Spoiler
    Show
    We'll be happy to help. We've requested the data from the doctor, and hopefuly this will be finished soon. In addtion, theres some ides we'd like to ask you about.

Technists on the Celestial Network
    At the request of the Gears Chosen and the City Counsil, the Technists guild will be using the Doctors findings, and wil atempt to resolve any problems with the network. We ask only that the network be temporiarly be shut off in selected areas, so we can examine it at the source.
    [OOC]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Not asking to shut the whole thing off, just small bits so we can look at it.
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

26. - Top - End - #356
    Ogre in the Playground

Gear's Chosen

In the interests of maintaining peace in the Smokeyards and paving the way for easier expansion of the Network once these concerns have been dealt with, we would be happy to deactivate the Network in Little Veras for study by the Technists, as well as provide our understanding and expertise of the system to help fix any problems.

To Technists
    Spoiler
    Show
    Certainly, how sensitive is it? We're rather short on personnel at this point, so we'd prefer if we could conduct it through regular channels.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

27. - Top - End - #357
    Troll in the Playground

Ram Revolution (D ESP 9)

Council/Orcs
    Spoiler
    Show

The ESGA seems to have forgotten (probably by never having been to Runner's City) that there is already a thriving orcish minority in the city. One of their more prestigious members currently heads the Revolutionary Army, in fact. I say the orcs deserve the same treatment as other refugees to they city. The older refugees have been granted citizenship, why not the orcs?

Council/Celestial Network
    Spoiler
    Show

How exactly are the Gears to prove it is safe? No matter how many tests they do, there will always be one more that an opponent can bring up that they need to do. Not to mention that there is nothing that is fully safe - your house is unsafe, the streets are unsafe, the guns that the Technists produce are unsafe. The swords that the Wardens and Militia use are unsafe, the bridge out of the city is unsafe. It's always possible for something to collapse, or people to use something stupidly. If Vassari would simply show how he knows that the network is dangerous, we can easily have an uninterested third party - the Technist's Guild has already volunteered - redo his experiment to ensure it's accurate, which won't take long, and then we know if someone is in danger and can fix it.

RSA (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

Only the Blackfists currently have a known beef with the Wardens - The Wren and The Revolution weren't ratted on during our earlier strike. It would be next to an admission of guilt to taunt them now.
    Last edited by ForzaFiori; 2012-11-25 at 11:49 PM.

Go Tigers!

28. - Top - End - #358
    Ogre in the Playground

RSA (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    An idea occurs, we still have the Press, and after the events of the month keeping our agreement with the Bookbinders is unlikely to really help us. So, if we want an excuse to attack the Mercantile Guild, we can incite a riot and spread the word of how brutally it was put down to every home in the Lower City. With that justification we can move in without much disagreement from our own constituents.

If that doesn't appeal, then we can start printing exposes of all the atrocities inflicted by the death-dealers in Elfwatch. Combined with our influence over the Temples in Mendicant Fields we can get a proper moralist outrage going quite quickly.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

29. - Top - End - #359
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Celestial network
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, we're not totaly unintrested. From a technological viewpoint, the network offers quite a few possibillities. And, from the people who came up with the safety regs for the factories, our translation of the phrase "Complety safe" is "Was never born". From what Vassari has said, it's a form of emission. We contian that, problem solved.
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

30. - Top - End - #360
    Troll in the Playground

RSA (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

That sounds excellent. All we need to do is start a riot... Blackfists, you want to handle your usual forte? I'm using nearly my entire espionage wing to pass along the false battle plans.

Go Tigers!