New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Total War: Broken City, Book 2

RSA
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, one of us is going to have to start acting threatening or I fear the SGA is gong to put all it's forces to defend the Mercantile Guild as they'll the only threat is the Wardens. Regardless, I'll start the presses now. Te easiest way at this point would be some petty racism against our new Orcish comrades sparking a reaction and things spiraling out of control. Or the reverse, but the first option is certainly ideologically preferable to support.
    Spoiler
    Show

played the Space Pope in Total War 2125
    ..and the Papal States of Luna in Total War 2260

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light

2. - Top - End - #362
    Troll in the Playground

Wardens to Gear's Chosen
    Spoiler
    Show

The details need to be negotiated, but there already are several copper mines and we might be able to work them ourselves or with the Orcs, just selling you the produce. But of course if you want a safe, controlled supply, you'll need your own ownership over some mines.

Meeting in Trebon (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

"As you mention, the tensions with the SGA are on the rise. While we do not intend to attack them, we will guard our own and we will also prepare to force them into negotiating instead of their current dishonourable methods of attacking our image and integrity from the shadows.

But this means that we're currently under threat and can spare little for an attack on the Upside Circle. We can contribute 2 Magic and 4 Military this month.

As for the mines, I feel that agreeing to such a division before we have any idea how much the mines will actually produce is unwise. Indeed, I believe a joint venture would be better. We can provide security and transport for the goods produced, and you can provide the workers and administrators for the mines themselves. We import some technical assistance in surveying and machinery from the City, and then sell what we produce to those within. We've got several negotiators within the City right now looking to see how much interest for cheaper, local materials there is. The Gear's Chosen wish to purchase preferential access to our copper mines, for example.

Also, I believe it would be prudent to build a fortification in a commanding position over the mines. It would deter larger raids or any attempt to fully wrest them out of our control, while we would have to add watchtowers and patrols to prevent small raiding parties, but having a permanent base of operations in the close vicinity would greatly add to the effectiveness of any response to an attack."

Tarmin produces a copy of a map from one of his pockets.

"Here is a summary of what we know of the current situation around Sav Altulas. Perhaps you can fill in some of the blanks."

Secret Map
    Spoiler
    Show

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Ogre in the Playground

Chosen to Wardens
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, we would be willing to transfer 1 p. wealth in order for control and ownership of some of the mines you already have running then. It is only the start-up cost that has us balking at the moment.

GM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Would a steady and free supply of copper make doing stuff with the Network easiercheaper?
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

4. - Top - End - #364
    Troll in the Playground

Wardens to Chosen
    Spoiler
    Show

All right. We'll send you the necessary information and finalized agreement once we've finished our own inventory of the mines themselves, their condition, the amount they produce and of course the negotiations with the Orcs.

Zemalac
    Spoiler
    Show

How much copper can we mine out? For example, if I own 50% of the mines currently operational and give half of the output of that (25% of total) to the Gears Chosen, how much would that be worth in terms of being able to do projects with it? Roughly - would it suffice for the needs of the electrical networks being created or would it be too small for any real impact?
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Ogre in the Playground

To Wardens
    Spoiler
    Show
    Excellent, we'll await your next missive eagerly.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

6. - Top - End - #366
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Ram Revolution

''Mr. Ram, I do not know if you or anybody you know has been to the Bloodhaven Clinic in the Runner’s City, but did you question doctors judgments there as ''rumors'' or rejected treatment, because it may hurt a little? I do not deny we have patients like that. Their stories seldom end well.''

''The fact that nothing is safe doesn’t mean that a person souldn't try to minimize risks to her life, unless she is suicidal or stupid. Confidently, that’s the only type of people who get hurt by their own swords. I believe that Wardens and Militia don’t hold any such men in their ranks.''

Melissa Blaine, Bloodhaven Hospital

Celestial Network

''I agree to the Technists Guild examination, though how much do they know of the workings of Celestial Network and medicine to render judgement?''

''I would however insist that the Network is shut down in all populated areas. At this point it would create only minor inconvenience, due to unlit streets. If Gear’s Chosen are confident, the issue is fixable, they can simply use this time to make sure their network isn't causing fires and electrical burns as well. Something they should have done from the start, instead of doing partial fix with the aid of the Technists Guild, after many people lost their possessions and lives from it.''

''Melissa Blaine, Bloodhaven Hospital''
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

7. - Top - End - #367
    Ogre in the Playground

On the Network

You are, necessarily given your unenlightened nature of course, showing a woeful ignorance of how the Network actually works. We could theoretically turn off all of the Networks exterior connections, but then what exactly would we do with all of the energy? It has to be released, and surely a massive beam of Aetheric power striking through the heart of the City is slightly more hazardous to peoples health then whatever emissions you are so worried about? To turn off the entire network is, beyond being the height of blasphemy we would not countenance until our dying breaths, impossible. The closest thing possible would be to stop feeding the Aetheric conduits and stabilizers which control the skies above and corral the lightning. That lightning storm has been maintained and kept stable for several months by the Network, are you willing to wager that it will simply disperse once it is no longer held in place? Do you really want it to be on your head if the Storm instead unleashes all its gathered power upon us and sets the city alight? No, the network must remain operational, the Will of the Divine is not defied lightly once it is brought unto the Earth.

-Grand Designer Marius Van Ryan, Executor of the Divine Will
    Last edited by puppyavenger; 2012-11-26 at 02:45 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

8. - Top - End - #368
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Bloodhaven

''I… am rendered speechless. Gear’s Chosen.''

''If your Celestial Network malfunctions, sabotaged or you lose control, the lightning storm will burn the city down, killing thousands upon thousands of innocent men?''

''I didn't know of the Celestial Networks workings, only of the hazards of electricity itself. Now I would agree that the health issues, that were identified, pale in the comparison to the massive damage the Celestial Network is poised to deliver.''

''Can you specify the blast radius? Will it affect only Smokeyards or would Triphage Untima and Runner’s City burn as well?''

''Are you mad?''

''Well, no need to answer that question.''

GM Only
    Spoiler
    Show

Did Gear's Chosen just publicly say, that their Network can burn the city down? Like building a nuclear plant in the center of the city by the people with shoddy safety record and questionable sanity. What do people of the city think about this situation?
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2012-11-26 at 03:24 AM.
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

9. - Top - End - #369
    Colossus in the Playground

RSA (PM)

Spoiler
    Show
    "So, to sum up: racism against orcs and dealing in weapons? We can certainly spread those rumours. INject a bit of the old "corrupt rich men" and "oppressive factory owners" as well."
    Resident Vancian Apologist

10. - Top - End - #370
    Barbarian in the Playground

ESGE

Council/celestial network
    Spoiler
    Show
    Of course there is risk inherent in any action, such as living in a house, but any one of us would want the constructor to show us it will not collapse and kill us while we sleep before chosing to live therein. Indeed most sensible housebuilders will stress-test their buildings before completion.

I propose that a small, isolated section be left live, to allow for testing, and the rest be shut down. This way we avoid exposing unwilling citizens to harmful radiosity.

Council/Orcs
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ah, yes, I had forgotten- it goes to show how small our current orcish population is- small enough that most citizens rarely, if ever, see one. Such a deluge into the city would have profound impact. My vote is still in favor of citizenship after a term of residence. One must live in a place to be considered a citizen, after all.
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show
    TW: Broken City

Lord Founder needs no pants to face the beasts of the world, to descend into the darkest pits of the Earth and ascend above the divine clouds!
    TW: Cape City

TW: Supers!
    Image to come

TW: Dystopia
    Peoples Syndicalist Federation of China

Buy my music here

11. - Top - End - #371
    Troll in the Playground

Ram Revolution:

Bloodhaven (Public Response):
    "If I go to the doctor for a routine physical, and he informs me my arm (which, to this point I thought perfectly healthy) was actually shattered and slowly killing me, Yes, I'd ask him how he knows that. Were the doctor to provide any sort of evidence what-so-all, I'd be inclined to believe him. However, if the doctor refuses, and just constantly says "no, no, trust me, that arm of yours that works fine, and is incredibly helpful to you? We must cut it off. No, I won't show you my proof why. Yes, I have it, but you can't see it.", I would leave, and never seen that doctor again. I am not saying that the Bloodhaven clinics and doctors aren't good. I am simply asking for the damn proof of your accusations, same as would happen if anyone else accused anyone else of anything! If they are well founded, you will have my support. The network extends into my house, you know. If it's killing me, I'd like it to stop. But I want to see the proof.

It is also worth pointing out that you do not trust the Technist Guild - a group of some of the top researchers and scientists in the city - to test the celestial network because they do not know enough of the network, yet you presume that a bunch of doctors who have had no engineering training do? A pathetic excuse to hide the fact that you have done no research of your own, in my opinion. Otherwise, why would you refuse to show us how you know the network is dangerous?"

Council/Celestial Network
    Spoiler
    Show

How hard is it to show the research you've done behind calling something dangerous? Vassari's refusal to put it forth must mean one of three things - Either he never actually tested it and is committing slander, he tested it and it passed and he's still committing slander, or he committed some more egregious crime in collecting his data that will come out when he shows it too us. I say the council stops taking advice without proof from a man who runs opium dens! Which, by the way, there is concrete proof of the harmfulness of, yet the 'good' doctor prescribes it. I'd be willing to bet my hat that his opium is more dangerous than the Chosen's network while it's running.

Go Tigers!

12. - Top - End - #372
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Bloodhaven

''In the light of the fact, that shutting down the Celestial Network would destroy a large portion of the Sav Altulus, I withdraw my request to shut it down. I do however, ask for the Gear’s Chosen to present a report on the scale of the damage, that would occur, if the worst was to happen, so some measures for citizen evacuation and relief could be prepared.''

''If Technists Guild have the expertise, then there is no problem. I've simply assumed, they are not familiar with workings of a different Cult.''

13. - Top - End - #373
    Ogre in the Playground

Celestial Network

I can't say the worst case scenario as ever been of much concern to us, as it will simply never happen. Not well there is a single Initiate or Designer left alive anyway. Regardless, we can stabilize and maintain the storm and keep its output relatively stable, we hardly posses any imperium over it. The heavens flow whence they will and an unchained Storm would hardly be different.

Regarding the Technists possible expertise with the Network, I have already offered the support of some Initiates to help explain and work with the Network to ensure everything goes smoothly.

RSA
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, ideally we need a riot sparked by some petty racism getting out of hand. Just make sure that the riot can actually be put down. Turning the Caravanserai into a second Pepperscotch would certainly cut the Guild down to size, but not the degree we need, and the brutal suppression is our causis belli.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

14. - Top - End - #374
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Technists Guild

We have part of the network in Little Veras, and to be honest? We are not as profecient in Electrical Engineering as the Gears Chosen are. However, we have made a good bit of progress in Meatulrgy and Chemical Engineering. But, we do have some knowledge. Which is why we need the data from Bloodhaven records, and are welcoming the assistance of any healers, as we assume the good Doctor used Magical means to examine the network and that is not our strong suit.

Also, if the Doctor could remeber, we were at least familiar with the network to design the cables.

To the Gears/Bookbinder Guild/Various Remaining Tech Cults
    Spoiler
    Show
    We are intrested in furthering the total sum of knowledge, and to that end, we wish to establish a scientfic journal. We understand if you do not wish to.

To the Board of Education
    Spoiler
    Show
    We'll be establishing a school in Tregon. Would it be possible for them to qualify for the university programs from it?

To the gears
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, we'll drop off the thesis paper when we're working on the problem.
    Last edited by Grimsage Matt; 2012-11-26 at 10:50 AM.
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

15. - Top - End - #375
    Ogre in the Playground

To Technists
    Spoiler
    Show
    We would be interested in the Journal to a degree, although I'm afraid that many of our more esoteric techniques are only allowed to be shared with those who have been Initiated.

Also, I'm not sure I understand your other comment I'm afraid?

Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

16. - Top - End - #376
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

The Champions of Sovereignty:

To House Laurier: [5]
    Spoiler
    Show
    I have something important I'd like to discuss with you. I'd rather not be overheard by cultists and anarchists. Are you able to spare the time for a private meeting?

17. - Top - End - #377
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Bloodhaven

''I don’t feel much reassured by claim that as long as a single Gear’s Chosen remains, considering your numbers*. A single spoiled soup** served at the Gears Chosen Mess Hall can leave your entire cadre of Initiates and Designers bedridden with explosive diarrhea, and the city simply exploding.''

''Technists Guild will be supplied with everything necessary for the investigation, and we thank them for it and for not endangering city with their creations.''

[*Fanatical Minority]
    [**The Soup That Killed The City or Terrible Tales of Red-Faced Cook Greasefingers]
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2012-11-26 at 11:26 AM.

18. - Top - End - #378

Blackfist

"Well, if manpower is a concern, we can certainly offer some boys to be trained as initiates."

19. - Top - End - #379

ESGE

University Board
    Spoiler
    Show
    A school is being constructed in the town of Tregon for the Orcs. Should the Orcs be able to qualify for the university?

Technists
    Spoiler
    Show
    I have brought your question up with the University Board.

Council
    Spoiler
    Show
    So they admit that it is dangerous. It is a matter now, to my regret, not whether it should be shut down or not, as they appear lack the capacity to stop themselves without significant damage to the city. However, I believe that we ought to have been consulted before the construction of something that is even potentially dangerous to the city, whether or not the danger is passive. I propose a system of building permits- any large-scale public works endeavor must be approved for safety before construction.

University Student Body
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am looking for research assistants for the gathering of information for a book which I am planning to author, titled Thaumic Energy, in three volumes: Fundamentals, theory, and applications. Assistants would likely be collecting and cross-referencing information from the library, as well as conducting experiments and confirming results.
    This is strictly voluntary, however a compensation for time would be provided.
    -Dean Pontiss
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show

Lord Founder needs no pants to face the beasts of the world, to descend into the darkest pits of the Earth and ascend above the divine clouds!

Image to come

Buy my music here

20. - Top - End - #380
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

University Board (edited)
    Spoiler
    Show

''The addition of a new book to the Library is compensation enough. However, the amount of resources the White-Stripe Mages would commit would depend on the value of the research project. What is the value of this book?''

Viche Whitecrane

As for the question of Orks, I'm concerned, that their inclusion might frighten away some of our potential students. I'm all for providing education for everybody, but a program to soften the negative image of Orks should be enacted first, so as not to lose prestige of the University.
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2012-11-26 at 02:17 PM.

21. - Top - End - #381

ESGE

University Board
    Spoiler
    Show
    Indeed. I am of that opinion also.

As for the inquiries into the book I am writing, it is intended to be educational in nature. Many of the tomes in our library, and indeed nearly all of the books I have been able to find on the subject of magic have been highly esoteric in nature. They often make the assumption that the reader already has a basic understanding of the principles they discuss, which is often not the case. As such, one inevitably needs a learned elder to teach the fundamentals of magic before one can truly delve into study of the more inaccessible tomes.

The book I am writing would be used as an aid in our lower-level magic classes and provided to schools around the city to aid in the teaching of fundamentals of magical theory and application. Allowing the students to learn some of the material that don't require a teacher on hand outside of class could speed up the progress of the class and increase retention immensely.

The three tomes, Fundamentals, Theory, and Applications will be progressively more advanced:
    the first teaching rudimentary mental exercises that prepare one for magic and explain some very basic theory, along with small, simple cantrips and magical demonstrations to keep the students interested;
    the second will teach more advanced theory, and allow the students to begin constructing basic incantations -as basic as is safe for beginners- and analyzing some common spells;
    the third will delve into actual application of magical forces and energy, and will go more deeply into the interactions between spells and enchantments.

The book will not bias itself towards any one field of magic, but will lay a groundwork from which students could understand already written tomes such as Alcubierre's Treatise on Magical Kinetics, or Celin's Sanare, an excellent tome on healing magic which I, when I was first learning, tried to read and found the level of the magic therein far beyond my meager ability at the time.

Because of my broad approach- grouping magic by different difficulties, rather than by specific category, I will have to collect information from a great many sources, and will need to cross reference and confirm historical results with experimentation to ensure accuracy in the finished book. Doing this alone would take a great many years of dedication, but now that we have access to the library and a body of interested students, it is more within reach.
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show

Image to come

Buy my music here

22. - Top - End - #382
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

University Board
    Spoiler
    Show

''I’m uncertain about this project. Such book can allow anybody to learn magic – a degenerate, criminal, madman or one simply lacking in moral fortitude. Magic must be taught from Master to Apprentice, as in this way, the development of the student can be observed and those among them in danger of misusing the great power can be either reformed or if one is completely unfit, cast out. And it sounds like the book would make study of magic easy and enjoyable, an approach I disapprove of. The magic tomes must be a crucible, a puzzle, a challenge. The path to wisdom and power is that of thorns and blood.''

23. - Top - End - #383

ESGE

University Board
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, yes. The tome would be provided only the University and to educational institutions subordinate to the university. You bring up a good point though Perhaps we could even put enchantments on the book to prevent it from being taken from campus. A novel idea, certainly. The book is meant as a compliment to the courses at the university, not as a sole teacher for independent students. Throughout the book, I will of course fully advocate the value of a proper magical education. And perhaps against the eventuality of the book getting to an undesired person, I will build into the spells, all except the most basic of course, a failsafe that causes them to fail without the attention of a master.

Your sentiment, however, is a remnant of the age of the archmagi, which has perished with the late Desoui, and one I can hardly afford to foster personally. We could not possibly contain all magical knowledge from the world, and with the death of the Librarian, the last archmage in the city has perished. We run a learning institution. If need be, it can be put in the restricted books section of the library, but our library contains a great many books more dangerous than a basic theory lesson. We already keep the most advanced tomes from the less experienced students. This would merely allow us to teach the students more to the best of our ability.

And anyway, the library and campus are already warded against books being removed without permission. I don't intend to sell the book to anyone who will buy it, but to put it in our library as an aid to our students. If you object to the book being used at subordinate schools, I suppose this is acceptable, but it would prove a boon to our university.
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show

Image to come

Buy my music here

24. - Top - End - #384
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

University Board
    Spoiler
    Show

''I would agree to such conditions, though it might be prudent to make requirements for enrollment in classes of magic more thorough. I would still prefer smaller classes, with clear Apprentice-Master relation, as I believe it’s a foundation of proper magical education, that will prevent Mages from succumbing to dark temptations.''

''The Age of the Archmagi is something we should bring back. Not the twisted mockery of the Desoui’s reign or naked violence of the Librarian. The Talidor’s tradition of Archmages, of the Great Moidreph must be revived. There are wards, that would save countless lives, yet we lack a Mage strong enough to cast them. There is a risk of the Standing Mage returning – who do we have to stand against him? I know of certain individuals in the University, who I believe show both discipline and strong ethical core, that may be worthy of the mantle of the Archmage.''

''I shall assist with the Book, though this month, a lot of the power shall go to the healing magic in support of the Bloodhaven, for I fear, there’ll be a great need for it. I will also seek the return to the greatness of Talidor and Longspeak Tower Archmage.''

25. - Top - End - #385
    Troll in the Playground

Ram Revolution (D ESP 9)

RSA (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

I can pull a few orcs from the ranks of the army, if the blackfists can have some people hurl insults and PRETEND to hurt them. Might get the party started, then both groups working together can get their sides riled up just enough.

Also, no one mentioned anything about my extradition idea. Was it so horrible as to not even get a response?

Council:
    Spoiler
    Show

Building permits would be an excellent idea. Help ensure the rest of the city stays safe.

Gears:
    Spoiler
    Show

Can you explain what exactly would happen should the Celestial Network shut down? If it's possible, I'd like to be able to prepare the citizens of my neighborhoods in case the worst should occur.
    Last edited by ForzaFiori; 2012-11-26 at 07:38 PM.

Go Tigers!

26. - Top - End - #386
    Bugbear in the Playground

oblivion6 (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

Host's Watch still has 4 MIL. They can't support very much, since they only have one neighborhood.

It costs the same to hire Laheim permanently as it does to hire them for one action. The difference is, you lose that WEL permanently. Also, I should note that they don't actually make particularly good long-term guards--theoretically, they are trained for that sort of thing, but they kind of get bored after a while and start to feel that their skills could be put to much better use elsewhere. It's the equivalent of having spec ops guys standing in front of your house to guard it from burglars.

Temples to Gear's Chosen (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

We will rise when you give the word, brother, never fear.

Dreumont to Gear's Chosen (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

A. They are a little leery of electricity after Doctor Vassari's announcement, and would prefer to wait on getting the Mont lit up.

B. Sure, we could do that. It'd be easy enough.

C. It would be a pleasure.

Gregorian Ambassador to Wardens (6)
    Spoiler
    Show

First, I am afraid I must start the conversation by saying that I cannot pledge very much on behalf of Gregoria at the moment. Things are still very much in flux there at the moment, what with the orcish uprising and all, and most of our attention--both militarily and civilly--is going to be focused on getting our house in order. As for your very reasonable request for information, however, that I can assist you with. To the north of my fine kingdom is the Maltin moor, which is well-known to be haunted by witches and men who have made grave and unseemly pacts with demons. To the northeast, there is not much, to be honest. No one goes in that direction, generally speaking--it is a place of ill reputation. I think there used to be a fortress belonging to some cult up that way, but certainly no one lives there anymore.

The Traitor Legion is a more pressing matter. The man who leads them calls himself Tinman, which while certainly not his real name is a most apt descriptor. He tells his men wild tales of gold and jewels, but beneath the surface all is gilt and glass. He and his men are deserters from one of the Illarym wars. My understanding is that they were ordered to fire on a crowd of protestors near the beginning of the Lead Prophet's attempted revolution, and they did so, then fled when certain members of the Imperial bureaucracy tried to censure them for it after the rebellion had been put down. Something about it not being fair for being punished for following orders. In the here and now they are just another group of bandits, in my mind, and Tinman no better than any local-grown warlord.

Roving Contact to House Wallen (6)
    Spoiler
    Show

Gods above, boy, what have you been meddling with? Whatever it is you've gotten yourself involved in, get out. Blood-in-Black-Water isn't a cult, it's one of the official gods of the ice elves, and that should tell you all you need to know about that one. I don't know about skinwalkers or whatever, but Black-Water is not something to be lightly toyed with, even among that barbaric pantheon. The only thing--only thing--held as evil by that thing's priests is cannibalism. All else is justified, glorious and right. Demons are scared of Blood-in-Black-Water.

Take a step back, nephew, and let pass whatever it is that caught your attention here, because pursuing it will not be worth what you might find.

Take care,
    Uncle Orville

puppyavenger (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

Having access to your own supply of copper would indeed make expanding the Celestial Network easier.

Murska (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

It would at the very least help with the Celestial Network, though there are costs associated with refining the ore and whatnot that keep the cost from being reduced to zero.

Thelonius (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

There's been a giant thunderstorm lurking over Factories South for months now. The Chosen coming right out and saying that it's dangerous doesn't really change anyone's opinion, except making some people think "Well, at least they're being honest about it."

Bookbinder's Guild to Technists Guild (6)
    Spoiler
    Show

We would of course be interested in printing and editing your journal. Such a thing is precisely why this Guild was founded.

House Laurier to Champions of Sovereignty (5)
    Spoiler
    Show

Certainly, my friend. Any time that is good for you is good for me.

??? to Mercantile's Guild (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

OOC: I was going through my inbox and deleting stuff, not realizing that I still had this open and hadn't responded to it yet. Since I can no longer reply to the message by PM, since I deleted it, I figured I'd reply here.

"I know many of you have old scores to settle with the band of mercenaries and thugs known as the Wardens. I am currently fighting the Wardens within the city of Sav Altulas, which means they will have less forces opposing you out in the Shattered-Lands. With these 2 things going for us, it is likely the Wardens could cease to be a threat.

My proposal is this; You rally together and push against the Warden holdings out there, while my allies and I in the city push their holdings here, thus forcing them to fight major battles against both of us, splitting their forces which is not a good way to run a war.

This way we manage to eliminate a major threat to all of us. In order to sweeten the deal, on the condition you make it look like a bandit attack and send the garrison home safely after a small ransom is paid, I am prepared to offer you my forts along the imperial trade-routes..."
    Tinman: Well now, that's an interesting proposition, yeah? Very interesting. Question I got is who, specifically, is going to get those forts of yours afterwards? There's a lot of fellows out here who'd want them, and I'm none too sure that I want to be fighting some of them in the aftermath, as good as it would be to hit the Wardens where it hurts.

Brother Told: I would be happy to assist in this matter, on the additional condition that you acquire certain documents for me from the Technists Guild.

Viktor Av'Dulas: We strike with the fall of the sun.

Maximillian Greeves: Hey little fellow! Got your message from a man begging for his life. Thought it was an interesting plan. Your Warden friends have those lumber mills in the Fallen Stars forest, am I right? 'Course I'm right. My suggestion, humble as my opinion may be, is that those crazy fellas in the wood might prove a bit useful for your purposes, if you can lure them out someplace. I ain't in a position right now to help you directly right now or nothing like that, but I do like looking out for the little guy, so you need anything just holler, you hear?
    Last edited by Zemalac; 2012-11-26 at 08:05 PM.
    Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ran: Boundless Isles
    IC
    OOC

Sixth Nexus: THE VIGIL

Total War: Cape City
    Spoiler
    Show

LOCKWOOD-COBAN AUGMENTED INDUSTRIES

Total War: Serillia
    Spoiler
    Show

The Crimson

Ran: Broken City
    First IC Thread
    First OOC Thread

27. - Top - End - #387

NinjaGuy

Wallen Manor

Lord Wallen returned from the University late that day. The sun was dying when he went out of his balcony, and sat at a table to have dinner.

Most days, Madame Beteoui, Ser Wallenstein and several Party members were there, and laughter frequent at such dinners, but not that day.

That was the day of the week that Lord Wallen reserved for Ser Wallenstein (Whom he sometimes called “My second father”). Lord Wallen remained grim that night.

“What’s going on’, Kid?” Ser Wallenstein asked “You are not yerself tonight. Someone made ye work too much, right? stolen yer meal like when ye were an actual kid, huh?”

Lord Wallen laughed, and nodded.

“No, Wall. Not at all. I’m just tired… And this feeling…”

“What feeling?”

“I don’t know, Wall. I really don’t. Something’s off. Things are not as they should be, and I feel the City… Changing. And not in a good way.

“Aye. I understand. Lots of dark news recently”

“You know how it is, right? That feeling that the storm is about to begin?”

“Aye, like when you see the little bird on the cage drop dead”

“What an odd comparison”

“Hehehe. My Grandfather used to say that. My people were miners, back in the Old Days, before airships and mechanics. They always took a caged bird down there. When gas leaks through the walls, the bird dies first and gives the miners a minute or so to get out of there.”

“A good comparison, then. Well, my friend, the storm will come, but nobody will be able to say we didn’t try to stop it.”

“Let’s just hope we are not the bird”

Lord Wallen finished his wine glass.

“Yes. Let’s hope so. I will keep on working. Working and hoping, that’s all we can do. Isn’t it?”

“Yes it is. Yer a good kid, and smart. Someone will think of something”

“You were always the optimist one, Ser Wallenstein”

“Well, that’s what I do.”

To University Board
    Spoiler
    Show
    “I have received word that voluntary students were needed for a book, to be authored by Dean Pontiss.
    I would be delighted to participate as a research assistant in the project, if my skills are considered worthy of the task, and my knowledge is adequate. Consider me your first volunteer.

Lord Henry Wallen.“

To Council (Gears issue)
    Spoiler
    Show
    “My dear colleagues of the City Council, please allow me to ask a few things; I’m just making sure that I fully understand the situation.

Some of you authorized, funded, and supported the construction of a network of technology of dubious origin in your neighbourhoods with little questions about its safety; you took your support as far as to accuse the man of taking the risks into account of being a liar; the same man who (And it’s important to say it out loud) has saved thousands of wounded and sick citizens from death and suffering; the very man who, not content with that, saved this very city from its doom at least once; and now it turns out that on top of the probable, deadly radiations, should that technology fail, we will all be utterly destroyed in a horrible neverending apocalyptic thunderstorm?

Oh my, another beautiful day in Sav Atulas!”

“I must say I agree fully on the building permits project. These problems need to stop.

We’ll end up destroying the city with one of this “accidents” one day.

We should at least advice the neighbourhoods who don’t have its technology to refrain from acquiring it until we know its dangers and how to prevent them.”

“I don’t feel comfortable pointing to the dragon in the room, but there is the little matter that the Council is not recognized as government in many parts of the city; and that at least two of our members have been at war recently.

Does anyone think of that when proposing how to set policy?”

Madame Beteoui

To Council [Public, Orc’s issue]
    Spoiler
    Show
    “I don’t think you are alone in this. I am sure that the Merchants representative; the Ram Representative and me support the motion of granting them the citizenship. Who votes otherwise?
    However, I believe that the last compromise offered by the Merchants Guild is a good one.”

To Bloodhaven
    Spoiler
    Show
    “Blood-in-Black-Water isn't a cult, it's one of the official gods of the ice elves. The only thing held as evil by its priests is cannibalism. All else is justified, glorious and right. Demons are scared of Blood-in-Black-Water.

Nothing was heard of the person you mentioned.”
    “That is what my sources found. I have been told to stay out of those matters, and will. If you need further help, I will help you. But only if you tell me what you know.”

To King James
    Spoiler
    Show
    A letter to the King:

“Your Majesty: What I have seen is a man who will promise things that are sometimes impossible in order to get ahead and gain power.
    I must say that one of your last mistakes resulted in the formation of a political force that may soon sink us in a Civil War.
    By remembering that, you may understand my hesitation to comply in your request.

Our position is bad already; and I fear what might happen should that mistake be repeated.

If you are attacked, I will help you as I can, because such is my duty.
    If you have a project to actually get us ahead in this dire times, I will listen, and help you in getting the support of the SGA if it’s feasible.
    If I come up with something, you will be the first to know.

I will tell you this: If you manage to stop the conflict between the Wardens and the Merchants, and get them to focus on the enemy that matters (You know as well as I do who that is); you will gain my undying loyalty; and I will make sure the SGA follows us.

Until then, I remain your lawful ally.

Lord Henry Wallen”

To SGA [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    “I would like to hear the opinion of the Silversmiths, the Heladuits, and Bloodhaven.”
    Last edited by Ragnar Lodbroke; 2012-11-26 at 11:04 PM.

TOTAL WAR WIKI: Come out and play
    http://totalwar-mechanicsrepository.wikispaces.com/

28. - Top - End - #388

RSA [PM]

Spoiler
    Show
    "Another thing. With the recent developments, I fully expect someone try and sabotage the heart of the Celestial network, and soon. We need to increase the security."

29. - Top - End - #389
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

The Champions of Sovereignty:

To House Wallen: [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Yes, I did force the Ram Revolution into an alliance with the blackfist, one that has tarnished their name and revealed to all their corruption. And yes, I brought the Gears Chosen into the prime-light, showing their dangerously insane nature to all."

"These powers may be united, but they united as a clear enemy of the people. They would always have been our enemy. Now they are an enemy we can fight, with the strength of the city behind us."

"You have influence with the SGA. Calm them! We need unity for this city to function."

30. - Top - End - #390
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

SGA [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Bloodhaven representative, a tall, broad shouldered man with thinning hair and worried look replies: ''Medico Guild will contribute to the war purse and to the defence against assassins, but as far as strategy goes, it’s whatever the leaders of SGA decide. Gear’s Chosen and Wardens are terrible threats to the city and something must be done about them.''

[Yeah… Vasari’s out of town.]

Whitecrane to Lord Wallen [7]
    Spoiler
    Show

I greatly suspect that there is a priest of the Black-Blood-in-Water in the city. I have called on the Blackspell Watch to investigate, while providing them with prison records, as the man was briefly imprisoned within the Gatehouse Prison, before the Blackfists let him out. Desoui should have had his ritual book, yet it wasn’t found in Daisong Palace. I have asked Ambassadorial Guard to allow search of the Elsinier’s Embassy, as the suspect was a diplomat of Ice Elves.

Perhaps it would be prudent to contact Church of Neposh, the Godslayer and ESBA to assist with this search.