New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Total War: Broken City, Book 2

Blackfist, Public announcement

"The Bureaucracy seems to misunderstand our terms. We negotiated them with the King, who ensured us that he had the power to decide such issues entirely on his own without consulting anyone else.
    We have his promise that juries, not judges, will decide all cases, guilt and sentence. The justice will be back in the hands of the people.
    If that is not the case, if that promise is changed, we will keep the prison. We will not have citizens, even criminals, thrown into the maw of the bureaucracy for processing. It's that simple."
    Resident Vancian Apologist

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

The Champions of Sovereignty

Public Statement:

"I said I would be willing to accept it. I did not say the bureaucracy would be willing to accept it. But we assumed you had spoken to the Ram, and agreed with them not to allow the bureaucracies influence. If the Ram has broken your trust, raise the issue with them."
    Last edited by razovor; 2012-11-05 at 06:13 AM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

SGA to Ram/Gear’s Chosen & Bookbinder’s Guild [7]
    Spoiler
    Show

''It has come to our attention, that you are planning to build printing equipment. This would unfortunately interfere with the Bookbinder’s Guild monopoly on printed word. Unless you receive permission from the Bookbinder’s Guild, SGA requests that you refrain from pursuing this course of action.''

SGA [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Mercantile Guild

I estimate value of Little Zanchar for you to be 16 [WEL]. This covers 10 Credit, leaving 6 [WEL]. I ask either payment this month or for you to guarantee my credit with the Exchange.

[I think 6 WEL is fair price.]
    [I also request, that income from Little Zanchar this turn goes to me – I sort of already budgeted it in.]
    [Just a note – Market Guard are my business partners. They aren’t a private army and you shouldn’t expect from them more than protecting the Little Zanchar.]

Peacocks [7]
    Spoiler
    Show

''It appears somebody was stealing my Morphine. I’ve arranged for oversight over it [1 MOR], but I admit, I was mostly counting on my reputation to prevent thefts. Unfortunately it wasn't enough and what’s worse, a tainted batch of Morphine ended up being stolen. I don’t have the right resources for it, but would it be possible for you to locate those responsible and demonstrate, what happens, when one steals from Peacocks?''

''I’m working on several venues of expansion for business.''

''First, if you have interest, I can arrange for girls with good vocals or dancing ability, as well as class, to work in the Opera. It’s a good place to catch an eye of wealthy merchant or a nobleman. Their patronage can be most valuable.''

[Cue Moulin Rouge plot]

Second, I can arrange with Mercantile Guild to allow for unimpeded flow of supplies to our enterprises.

[Not certain where Peacocks get poppy seeds right now]

Third, an expansion in either Stocks or Blackgage Districts is possible – which one would you prefer?

''I’m also providing you with access to Prison Records from Gatehouse Prison. I’m certain, that you’ll be able to put that information to good use. I must say Blackfists have been most sincere in their apology over that earlier incident. Perhaps we can revive that project with the Football games?''
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Mercantile's Guild

SGA[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Little Zancher:
    its a shame most of my funds are tied up then. otherwise i wuld gladly pay up front...as it stands right now however, i think i willl speak to the Exchange on your behalf and pay later.

[of course you can keep the incomes from this turn...they probably wouldnt be of any use to me this turn anyways]

[i assure you, i know the Market Guard is not my personal army. sounds to me like our relationship will be somewhat like what i have going with the Hosts-watch responsible for protecting the Travelers Quarter.]

[you looking for a loan from the Exchange?]

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

Ram Revolution (D ESP 9)

Blackfists
    Spoiler
    Show

Calm down. Juries will be deciding both the guiltiness, and punishment of anyone convicted of the crime. The judge will be there to provide advice, if asked for, and to suggest appropriate punishments based off of past cases. Neither will be enforced unless the jury decides upon it. If this is unacceptable, then convince the EBSA not to attack, and we will keep your and James' agreement.

EBSA
    Spoiler
    Show

The jury process may be skipped, IF the criminal pleads guilty and requests to skip the process. He has the right to wave his rights, if you will. Other than that, judges will take a mostly advisory role, informing juries of precedent relevant to the case at hand. While it takes years to master the law, I doubt it takes a long to get a brief course on a single case.

Gear's
    Spoiler
    Show

so, what now? I don't want to have to take on the SGA and their cronies just for a newspaper. Do you and the fist have a plan for this?

Council
    Spoiler
    Show

Dammit James, your creating a "democracy" where 2/3 of the government isn't elected! You claim your compromising, when your just finding new ways to keep the nobles and the rich in charge! Either admit your creating a monarchy and no more willing to compromise than myself, or actually let the people have a say in the government. All I'm asking is for a share of the power. How can I compromise my position further without going back to having no power like I did before this mess. You ask for all the power, giving you endless room to compromise, yet give only token change. Your giving away baubles, while keeping the true treasures for yourself.

That being said, what if the three houses are kept, are voted in by the public, but your only eligible for office if you are a noble, or have donated some ungodly sum of money to the government? The people get to pick which of your cronies get in the government, which means they have to at least pretend to care in order to get elected, but you'll still keep most of your power? It'd be a start, at least.

Go Tigers!

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

To the Council:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "If we're going to give the people power that way, then we don't need the house of commons. Just the house of nobles and merchants will suffice."

"We would also need a way to stop the merchants or nobility from consorting with each other. If there are only five positions in the house of merchants, and only five merchants nominate themselves, the people would have to accept them."
    Last edited by razovor; 2012-11-06 at 06:51 AM.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

Ram Revolution

Council
    Spoiler
    Show

The House of Commons is so the people can have a DIRECT influence on their government. As for the problem of the nobles and merchants consorting with one another, when have the entirety of the nobles been able to agree on the 5 of them that are the most important? the same question can be asked for the merchants. Look at all the trouble your going to to keep all their power intact. Are they really going to give up their one way to get true power again, even to another noble? Though if it is that worrisome, we could invest in the house of commons the power to have a vote of no confidence, kicking out an officeholder whom a 3/4 majority of the common house feels is not fit for government, and barring him from running during the next election, as well as the election to find his replacement.

Go Tigers!

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

The Champions of Sovereignty:

To the Council:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I'll accept a reshuffling of the popular power, but simply increasing it? You're not in a position to bargain for that."

"The noble house is supported by six factions of the city. The merchant house is supported by six factions of the city. The house of commons is supported by one, you."

"Frankly, giving equal power to the house of commons is an extravagant gift. That you do not accept it I can not understand"

9. - Top - End - #39
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ambassadorial Guard to SGA (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

Elsinier Ambassador

Ah, yes. I remember that one. He was the last true ambassador we had here, and I'm not too sure what became of him. Mr. Hael Redreuq--I hope I'm pronouncing that right, I was terribly embarrassed to have gotten it wrong a few times when he was still in the city. He vanished one day, and Desoui ordered the embassy shuttered, and that was the last I heard of him. Charming fellow, though a bit dour. Ice elf, you know.

Militia of Order and Justice to Doctor Vassari (7)
    Spoiler
    Show

That is a goal that the Militia wholeheartedly supports. We could certainly construct such anti-theft wards for such a purpose.

Gregoria to Champions of Sovereignty (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

General Rhodarmer

"Thank you for your patience, Mister...or, ah, Lord? My apologies, I'm not sure what your title is. Lord Ambrose seems appropriate. The response from the orcs has been, so far as I can tell, positive--the reactions of the important individuals, at any rate. There is a small faction that has reacted to the whole mess by hating humans in general, but I think I managed to frame your message in such a way as to appeal to the more moderate members of the uprising." The General chuckled. "Your arrival here has really been a godsend, you know. I'm not entirely sure that your masters will end up feeling the same, but that will, in the end, be their problem rather than mine."

He hands Ambrose a letter, written in the precise, clear hand of someone who is painstakingly making sure that they don't give even the slightest impression of illiteracy.

Orc Uprising

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your message to our people. We are not entirely happy with the idea of kings at the moment, for reasons that should be obvious, but reading kind words is always a pleasure, even if these particular ones may have passed through the hands of and been edited by the good General. He is using you as a tool to push for reconciliation and displacement, as I am sure you are aware, but he has good intentions and desires the end of this war as much as I do. I must admire the man, at least, for coming up with a solution that looks like victory to both sides.

We will be seeing each other in person soon enough, I think.

Yours sincerely,
    Brigwa Stonecutter

UAL to SGA/Mercantile's Guild (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

Aye, we could do that, boss. Might even say that's what we're best at, yeah? You want miners, we can get you some miners.

Ragnar Lodbroke (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

Your statements about the Heladuits and the Lauriers are accurate, though the Heladuits certainly like to present themselves as nobility.

Bookbinder's Guild to SGA (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

This is very, very disturbing news. An industrial-scale press owned and operated by three of the most revolutionary factions in Sav Altulas could set Runner's City aflame within the month with uncontrolled and poorly-planned rhetoric. We must act quickly.

Peacocks to Doctor Vassari (7)
    Spoiler
    Show

A good reputation is nice to have, but we find that coin sometimes weighs more. And there is a lot of coin in morphine and other such drugs, Doctor. We'll see what we can do, but we are perhaps more inclined to see such leakage from your supply as the natural order of things than you are.

Your proposal for the opera has excellent merit, I must say. The operation with the Mercantile's Guild, perhaps less so--we would rather not increase the supply of opium, as that would tend to cheapen our wares. Besides, we already have some friends in the mountains who deliver product of known quality to our doors.

As for expansion, I can see merits to either one. Stacks has the Traveler's Quarter, where business would be brisk indeed, while Blacksgage has the University, which is soon to have students trapped in its dark and musty halls. Both are enticing opportunities, though the more immediate one would be the Quarter, as I do not believe the University has opened its doors quite yet.
    Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ran: Boundless Isles
    IC
    OOC

Sixth Nexus: THE VIGIL

Total War: Cape City
    Spoiler
    Show

LOCKWOOD-COBAN AUGMENTED INDUSTRIES

Total War: Serillia
    Spoiler
    Show

The Crimson

Ran: Broken City
    First IC Thread
    First OOC Thread

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

Ram Revolution

Council
    Spoiler
    Show

You tell me to compromise, then admit that your giving up nothing as well. You are nothing more than a hypocrite. How do you expect the reshuffling of power to change things, if it doesn't increase public power? We have no power as it is, there is no place to go but up. You will "reshuffle" our power until we are back to where we started, downtrodden and oppressed.

I am willing to compromise and give you two houses of three where the popular people cannot be elected, and this is not enough for you? You would be king, your cronies will control the government, all I ask is that you let the people chose which cronies. I've given you as much as I can without going back to what we started with under the sorceress. Now it is your turn to compromise, you arrogant *******. For one in the history of monarchy, be willing to do yourself what you tell others to do.

Go Tigers!

11. - Top - End - #41

Blackfist to the Ram [8]

Spoiler
    Show
    See? We never talked much to James, I must admit, but then, there was never much sense in that. He doesn't want the population to have any say in the government. At least not to a degree that makes a change. He wants your support, without having to buy it, because currently the support of nobles and merchants means more to him.

Face it. We and our allies are on our own, whether we like it (and each other) or not.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

To Gregoria [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    General Rhodarmer:

"Sir will suffice, I haven't earned anything greater. Thank you for the letter, it is good to hear their are reasonable parties on both sides. I hope you can find a resolution to this conflict that satisfies both sides. I will offer what aid I can."

"Is there to be a meeting between the sides of the conflict any-time soon? If I may, I would attend. I'd like the chance to speak to everyone in person."

Orc Uprising:

Dear Brigwa Stonecutter,

"Thank you for your response. I of course understand your reluctance, your people have gone through hardships a thousand times worse then any man should endure. Hopefully I might prove to you in the years to come, that it is people that ruin a land, or make it great, not the system by which the land governs itself."

"I know little about the complexities of this conflict, and my lord does not wish to put any pressure on your negotiations with the humans. He would merely provide aid, for whatever decision you make. If migration of your people is necessary, we would gladly help you carve out a portion of the shattered lands for yourself"

13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground

Ram Revolution (D ESP 9)

Blackfists
    Spoiler
    Show

I know, James can be a bit of a ass. I have hopes that not all the nobles are willing to go to war just to keep their monopoly. You never answered if I was able to negotiate slight changes in your system for the prison, by the way. The details can be found in my previous message to you. Considering how vocal you are about things you dislike, I'm inclined to take your silence as an OK.

Go Tigers!

14. - Top - End - #44

Blackfist to the Ram [8]

Spoiler
    Show
    Small changes, yes. But we still want the jury to decide the sentence. Part of this proposal to the king was to create division between him and the EBSA when he accepted.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground

Ram Revolution (D ESP 9)

Blackfists
    Spoiler
    Show

understandable. Had you told us before hand, we would have refused to cooperate from the start. I will ensure that the jury decides the sentencing and guilt.

Go Tigers!

16. - Top - End - #46
    Troll in the Playground

Sausage Guild
    Def Esp 6

SGA (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Shattered Lands
    Unfortunately we do not feel that we can contribute anything to patrolling the Shattered Lands this month. Most of our Ansigaris division is committed to patrolling the Gilded District. The rest we had allocated for the Under City expedition, especially if a mine is planned. And we would also prefer to keep our guards on hand in case this threat to the Bookbinder's Guild escalates.

Shadow Web
    We can contribute (4 Esp) to the sweeping of the SGA's assets. We would propose first securing the Commerce House then sweeping Gilded as their are known foreign agents there, then moving through the rest of the SGA's territories.

We also have a proposal for this Shadow Web. It is not particularly common knowledge, but the Conductor in his tower manages to track all financial affairs through the city simply by analyzing what happens in his neighborhood. We have confirmed that he is even capable of locating distinct acts of forgery that would otherwise go unnoticed. We believe this proves that careful analysis of information can reveal much. Even beyond what agents in the field can overhear. And as merchants we of the SGA are much more capable at analysis than anyone else. So we propose that the Shadow Web, rather than being a physical network of agents, incorporates an information analyzing organization which can track the movements of the city from the scraps of information that most would consider useless and uninformative.

To the Mercantile Guild
    Spoiler
    Show
    You have 10 Esp? We wonder if you would be willing to something for us. Nothing overt, but as we mentioned above we are interested in knowing what goes on in the city. Even scraps of otherwise mundane information can prove valuable when taken as a whole. As such we have taken a contract with the Blackfist. We provide Runner's City with food at cut rates and in return they provide us with their take of information. However they are somewhat unreliable, and what's more have less than 10 Esp, at least that they are willing to allow us to know about. So if possible we would like to transfer our contract to you. Of course changing the discounted sausages to something more suitable to your business.

Emerald Mine
    We are willing to offer the other [3 Econ], but we note that there are more things than just Emeralds down there. Things which could quite frankly be described as horrors of the deep. We are quite confident of our ability to deal with any horrors, but note that doing so will preclude most of our other SGA involvement, besides the Shadow Web.

(If I'm going to be fighting literal Lovecraftian Horrors I need everything down there in the tunnels. Zemalac will my new diggers provide any bonus here?)

Archeological Dig
    Knowing the danger are the other members of the dig still interested in going? We are after all going to be clearing out those tunnels anyway for the mine.

Blackpowder Weaponry
    We are willing to fund this up to [4 Econ] now. Possibly more depending on how fast these weapons can be put into production. We are most anxious to better equip our forces in the tunnels. However we believe that using domestic mages for this matter is much better than relying on foreign agents. After all there is a far cry between providing technicians for limited maintenance and providing enough mages to actually produce weapons. One of those is a sound business strategy which increases reliance on you, the other lessens it and may in fact introduce competitors to your own field.

(Have I mentioned that my EoT has made me really nervous yet. Also I thought that the technists already have weapons to reverse engineer. They were just limited on production.)

Stat Cap OOC
    I can increase stat caps by neighborhood. I have no idea how to bring this up IC.

Andouir
    He is refusing to talk to us beyond the letter saying that he is refusing to talk.

Bookbinder's Guild's Rights Infringement
    A serious matter indeed. Have the Gears and Ram responded yet?

To the Exchange
    Spoiler
    Show
    There is no need to rush production. We simply wondered if you required any assistance.

To the Gear's Chosen
    Spoiler
    Show
    We are not in a hurry, but we would prefer not to pay that far in advance of actual construction. For one thing we have yet to see any actual evidence that this power would be of use to us. We will wait and contact you again next month.

To the Ram Revolution
    Spoiler
    Show
    That is perfectly acceptable and was in fact our original plan. However certain efforts require the attention of our engineers and diggers elsewhere and we now expect a slower expansion than we had anticipated when we first contacted you. We doubt that our Metro will reach you this month, but we will contact you again once we are ready to extend it through Runner's City.

To the Champions of Sovereignty
    Spoiler
    Show
    We tentatively accept your invitation to the House of Merchants. However things have come up which make it possible that we will not be able to attend any House meeting this month.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Barbarian in the Playground

ESGE

Council
    Spoiler
    Show
    Gentlemen, mind your tongues! While entertaining, nothing is less beneficial to efficiency than a profanity contest.
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show
    TW: Broken City

Lord Founder needs no pants to face the beasts of the world, to descend into the darkest pits of the Earth and ascend above the divine clouds!
    TW: Cape City

TW: Supers!
    Image to come

TW: Dystopia
    Peoples Syndicalist Federation of China

Buy my music here

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

To the SGA[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    So, theres bad stuff under the city eh? Well, we'll make guns. And we'll send our guards down there soon.
    OOC; I only have 4 MIL, and I'm kinda defence oriented. So, we'll fortify the tunnels.

Zemalac
    Spoiler
    Show
    Small change to me EoT. The Econ that would be using the Blasting powder is instead fortifying the joint. From what Arcane says, we need some serious defences down there.
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

19. - Top - End - #49
    Barbarian in the Playground

NinjaGuy

To ESGE
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I must say I aprove what you said, Lord Founder.

May we meet in private before the Council Meeting? I feel that we nobles have to arrange some private situations.

Madame Beteoui."

To SGA
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I'll be honest with the different Houses of the SGA: I'm surprised you prefer the Merchant's Chamber (Where you only get to decide taxes so far) to the place you would have in the Commoner's Chamber (Definitely the first force, you would probably get more votes than the Ram) and the Noble's Chamber (Second or third force but with no trouble to gain support for anything you needed).

I can't help but to think that the strategy of gaining your own chamber only to have the power of paying low taxes is a bit narrowsighted.

If you postulated representatives from your districts to the Commoner's (And they would win, in your districts at least), and supported the Merchant families that have noble ties to send representatives into the House of Nobles; you would have a valuable place to decide everything that comes and goes in the city.

And that's beyond taxes... Think of the foreign trade oportunities; of the economic reliefs should you need them; the possibility to further support industry; the control you would have on the work policies, the possibility of creating laws that further punish copyright infringement and Guild rights....

I believe that it lies in your best interest to support a two chamber sistem like the one I'm proposing, with you in both sides of the power.
    I am open to suggestions; however.

If you think I'm wrong, I'd like to know the reasons to improve my proposal; including the Merchant's Chamber as a separate part of the government should I be convinced of its value.

Respectfully, Lord Henry Wallen"

To Doctor Vassari
    Spoiler
    Show
    Doctor; may I be so bold as to inquire your opinion in the latest Council discussions?

I believe it would be best to the city if they could stop expressing their emotins for a second.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Mercantile's Guild

SGA[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Shattered Lands
    i believe we should have enough forces to maintain the forts this month even without our support. most of the potential bandits and raiders will likely be busy with the Wardens

Blackpowder Weapons
    put your wealth towards something else...i just decided to pay the entire price up front myself, so i wont need your funds. i probably should have done this several turns ago but better late than never i suppose...

Shadow-Web
    i would be open to that, but you will have my support either way.

[i just marked in EoT that i will help with the Shadow-Web. very general so my ESP helps no matter what...]

Sausage Guild
    Spoiler
    Show
    [yeah, that merger with UAL really helped...]

hmm...aye, i suppose we can help with that...

[the way i understood your deal with blackfists is you just use my ESP in terms of reading others messages. that correct]

Bookbinders Guild
    no, they have not responded yet...however, the Rams have already expressed their desire to not get involved in a feud with us over such a trivial matter.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

Gear's Chosen (8)

To SGA
    Spoiler
    Show

I'm sorry, I was unaware that the monopoly extend outside of the guilds themselves. Are we likewise prohibited from attempting to treat our wounded, from the Incarnation of new designs, or from working fine metals? If so, I'm afraid that we must respectfully decline to recognize your authority, and if not then why the inconsistency?

Gearfist (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

Well, that's certainly a bit more of a response then expected. Shall we continue our efforts and try to exact some concessions, or just give up on the enterprise? I must warn you that such as construction will be pretty much impossible to keep secret, at least to those who know what to look for.

Also, just in terms of what messages I can see, you espionage is now 12, correct?

Technists Guild
    Spoiler
    Show

So, any response?

Sausage Guild
    Spoiler
    Show

Ah, unfortunate. If you can tell us what sort of uses you might have for it, we could perhaps do some research for you?
    Spoiler
    Show

played the Space Pope in Total War 2125
    ..and the Papal States of Luna in Total War 2260

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Technists to Gears
    Spoiler
    Show

We're currently doing Insulator research, but what do you want us to look into?
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

To Technists
    Spoiler
    Show
    Um, did you see my last post? number..27?

Although at this point I would instead settle for keeping sausage guild enforcers from collapsing Factories South and leaving my work in peace

And of course, joint work on industrial potential for electricity.

To Champions of Sovereignty
    Spoiler
    Show

Greetings. Both as a representative of the Gear's Chosen and the various faiths and temples of the Mendicant's Fields, may I ask what position exactly institutions of faith would have in your proposed government?
    Spoiler
    Show

played the Space Pope in Total War 2125
    ..and the Papal States of Luna in Total War 2260

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

SGA [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Ambassadorial Guard

At this point, we will limit ourselves to uncovering the Andouir’s Scheme. We require your expertise and knowledge of Ambassadorial Row and assistance of any agents and informants [ESP] you have.

Espionage Spending

A. Secure Commerce Hall & establish protection for SGA Records Trait [ESP + MIL]
    B. Uncover the Andouir’s Scheme [ESP + certain Trait]

[So… MG: 10 ESP, Silver: 4 ESP, Sausage: 4 ESP, BH: 4 ESP = 22 ESP? A: 8, B: 14 or A: 10, B: 12?]

[It would be better if at least 1 MIL is protecting Commerce Hall… Trust me. If all your MIL is away, bad things can happen. Ansigiries?]

Sausage Guild Proposal:

The analyzing of information method would require MOR action to organize information collection, organization and analysis. Commerce Hall Trait should help, since it provides for a place where all records would be stored.

Merchant’s Guild: Traitor’s Bridge Traffic, records on Diplomatic Missions
    Medico Guild: Patient Records
    Silversmith & Heladuit: (?, though Patron of Arts with new Opera may help…)
    Sausage Guild: (?, people using tunnels & meat orders?)
    Technist Guild: (?, organize aerial surveillance?)

Sausage Economy

''You can put it into making rations to keep our forts supplied, if you know how to preserve meat long-term. Or into Archaeological Mission.''

Archaeological Mission

''I assume, we’ll be digging in places with less monsters and more books. [Library Trait is 90% done].''

''Also, if possible can you provide specimens of the creatures, you’ve encountered below for Daimot University. I won’t ask for live specimen, though one would be perfect, but even dead ones could give us great insight in the workings of their organisms.''

[My MAG is all spent, but if you want to study them, my Traits can help.]

Increasing Stat Caps

I figure it’s not that hard. I just have like 4 free stat caps, even with transfer of Little Zanchar, so I don’t bother.

Exchange/Mercantile Guild [4]
    Spoiler
    Show

I’d like to take a loan of 6 [WEL]. You can check with Mercantile Guild, they’ll back this loan.

Peacocks [7]
    Spoiler
    Show

''You are right. As long as these thefts don’t grow excessive, they can be overlooked.''

''I’ll make arrangements about the Opera.''

''As for Mercantile Guild. I admit I haven’t been paying attention to the underworld goings. Do you have competition, whose supply we should cut?''

SGA/Lord Wallen [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

''This assumes we won’t try to dominate Commoner’s Chamber as well. Which I believe would make sense to do. We’ll have guaranteed seats in the House of Merchants, and as you’ve said – people in our Districts will vote as we tell them, electing our men to House of Commoners.''

''Well, we can always put the issue to vote.''

Lord Wallen [7]
    Spoiler
    Show

It’s a power struggle. Which I would say, I prefer to fight in the streets.

SGA & ESBA to Gears’s Chosen [7]
    Spoiler
    Show

''You mean to say, you’ve been violating the Bloodhaven’s monopoly on practice of medicine as well? I’ve went to a considerable effort to rid the city of the Quack Doctors, with their bloodletting, leeches and counting birthmarks. I suggest, that you get your ''medicine men'' to take a medical certification test at the nearest ESBA office as soon as possible.''

''As for working on fine metals, as long as it’s not a commercial enterprise, you don’t need to register with SGA.''

Blackspell Watch [5]
    Spoiler
    Show

''The Opera should go smoothly. That creature, that you sighted - does it look like a problem? Anyway, I expect a good security in the Opera House and would like you to make a sweep of the building, before the performance, just in case. If everything goes well, you can expect fatter purse, when your salaries come this month.''

[Opera performance is this month?]

Zemalac [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Mr. Hael Redreuq: check in the Prison Records.

Who is Orsag (some sort of Deity?)

A Cold Morning

''I suspect it could be done as a favour to another nation, but that’s just a speculation. The man’s name is Andouir.''

Vasari paused, waiting to see, if Wren recognized the name.

''You should have met, his representative. A woman, I believe. I don’t know, if you’ve exchanged words with her, though the fact that she attended that event, while Andouir now refuses any attempts at communication are telling. I suspect, that she has informed him, that the city lacked proper government to interfere with his operations.''

''There’s been disturbances in the Gilded. I suspect their aim was to sabotage trade, though again, that’s speculation. I’ll give you full report on those.''
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2012-11-07 at 05:56 AM.
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

25. - Top - End - #55

Gearfist [PM]

Spoiler
    Show
    I say continue. The entire idea of monopolies is silly.

And we do indeed have 12 espionage.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

The Order of the Wren

To Blackfist, Ram [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Well , gentlemen. Given the current situation, I would like to make the proposed move, splitting the SGA and the Wardens this month. However, due to the sensitivity of such an operation, I won't move unless I have your support. This sort of operation cannot be allowed to fail."

"I trust you both will support me in sowing dissent between the Sausage Guild and Wardens?"

27. - Top - End - #57

Gearfist [PM]

Spoiler
    Show
    "Absolutely. However, we won't be able to use our full resources for this, as we also must hunt certain criminals and prepare the anti-ESBA measures.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

To the Gear's Chosen
    Spoiler
    Show
    "You said yourself your church did not want a position in the government. Has this changed?"

"My current government plan has room for a house of commons, granting executive power to an elected body of city representatives. As an organisation of significant clout, I'm sure you would have no problem getting your followers elected into this body, if you so desired."

"I however, have a bit of trepidation regarding this House. Namely, few people in this city seem to think it is a good idea. I do not want to include it if it merely complicates things. Would this house be to your satisfaction?"

To House Wallen:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "It seems your 'house of commons' does not have the support you thought it would. I still hold it would weaken the government if introduced, but I was willing to take that loss if it helped form a united government."

"It does not seem to be achieving that. Tell me why the House of Lords, and House of Merchants would not suffice on their own?"

To the Council:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Constantine, you represent 5% of the cities people. Your position warrants I offer you six times less power then that which I offer the merchants."

"I am not doing that. I am offering you equal power to both the house of Merchants, and the House of Lords. Why?"

"I certainly don't need your approval. A new government can be formed without. It would be stable and stronger than most."

"But it would not be the best it could be. It would not be supported by everyone. I want your support Constantine, and you've shown you're not willing to accept a proportionate amount of power, so I'm offering you more."

"A House of Commons with equal power to both the House of Lords and House of Merchants. Equal power, just to satisfy you. Why must you still refuse it?"
    Last edited by razovor; 2012-11-07 at 07:37 AM.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Troll in the Playground

Ram Revolution

Sausage Guild
    Spoiler
    Show

That's fine. Simply give us warning before you start boring into our territory.

Fist/Wren (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

I'm for it. Taking away some of James' supporters might get him to stop being a pretentious twit in the council. How are you planning on going about it?

Council
    Spoiler
    Show

Why do I not accept it? because it will mean next to nothing. Were the merchants and nobles as opposed in their thinking as they are to the commoners, it would work. As it is now, however, both answer to YOU. You can control 2/3 of the government, which makes your plan no more than a sham of a democracy, especially when you consider that neither house actually has elected members.

I am not asking for all that power for my 5% of Sav Altulas. I'm asking that power for the 90% of the city that is disenfranchised, whether they live in The Pits, The Factories, Downline, The Sky District, or wherever else someone is who right now has NO SAY in their government. The people who had the terrible misfortune to have the last name Smith instead of Wallen, who only have enough money to feed their family, rather than enough to buy a mansion and pay for entrance to the Merchant house. Those people outnumber you and your cronies James, even if you don't realize it yet. If you continue to try to promise change and give nothing in actuality, they'll prove it to you, even if I try to stop them. You cannot oppress a people forever.

I'm not even asking you to let these people control the government, just to pick who does. Your cronies are in charge still. All the people want is to choose which ones. You ask for a compromise, and this is it: I want the people to be able to elect everyone, you want a government of non-elected nobles. Why can we not compromise on elected nobles? The house of commons will do little more than write laws with the other two houses arranged against it, you know this. Give the people some form of real say in their government James. Prove to them your a king worth following, rather than just some kid from Runner's City who's forgotten his roots.

Go Tigers!

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

To the Council
    Spoiler
    Show
    "You are conflating democracy, with the well-being of the populace."

"No man in this city has done more to help the people than I have. As King, my first priority would be the people. I would feed the hungry, provide houses for the homeless, jobs for the unemployed. Free health care for everyone, Free education for everyone, fair courts for everyone."

"The people want these things. They do not want democracy, I am only offering it for your sake."