Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Total War: Broken City, Book 2

The Order of the Wren

To Blackfist/Ram [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "It is simple enough. The Wardens have indicated to me that they dearly wish revenge upon the Sausage Guild for their attack and the loss of territory that came with it. If it were to appear that the Sausage Guild was suppressing anyone in Pepperstoch who once or currently supports the Wardens... they would be outraged."

"Indeed, we may even be able to incite riots against the Guilds men. The stronger reason we can give for the Wardens war, the better. When war breaks out, the King must choose his allies. I believe he will choose neither side, but whatever he does, his position is weakened. Additionally, I believe that if we offer to support the Wardens, they can be brought to our side. They have been dissatisfied with the King since he halted their war with the Mercantile Guild."

2. - Top - End - #62
    Barbarian in the Playground

NinjaGuy

To the Champions of Sovereignity
    Spoiler
    Show
    That seems like it, your Majesty, for two reasons. One, I originally designed the traders and peasants to be together in that chamber.
    Actually the traders wish to do a double: Taking the Trade Hall and having representatives in the Commons as well as in the Noble's.

And the second reason: The commoner's seem small because because the people of many neighbourhoods in town have no representatives in the current government.

I'll make you a quick list:

- Blackfist neighbourhoods: Fat tippest Factories North, Dockside.
    - Wren neighbourhoods: All God's Hollow, Lack's Own, Tragic Court, Castaways.
    - Gears neighbourhoods: Factories south Mendicant's Fields, Icy Mont Old Jack's Run.

Of course that was caused by the factions controlling those neighbourhoods who refuse to negotiate.

And I would have to list Doctor Vassari's neighbourhoods, who despite having high representation in the Trade Hall, would have a right to send representatives to the Commons.

Further more, the Militia if Order and Justice territory; the Warden's territory; and Your own territory.

Of course I believe that the Peasants in Guild or Noble controlled territory should have a right to send representatives.

They currently have no voice, so they are not listened to.

And that should give some hindsight as to why I want that Hall so much: If we create a government where the commoners have a voice (A real one, as small as that may be), we will break the spirit of the Wren and the Blackfist's revolutionary movements and give their people something to rally to.
    The people want free education, and free healthcare as you said. Some of them want a say in how things are done.

Your Majesty; I will be blunt. We will have to go to war with the Blackfist and the Wren someday.
    It will be better for us if we are the head of a bigger government that appeals to all of the City's social classes.

Some of the proposals presented here are, some aren't.

I have a new proposal that I will send to the Council in short time.
    Last edited by Ragnar Lodbroke; 2012-11-07 at 10:32 AM.

3. - Top - End - #63

EGSE

Council
    Spoiler
    Show
    If I may just bring your attention to the historical precedent, which you seem to be ignoring, no democracy has ever succeeded. People would be more inclined to believe that the populus is qualified to govern if there was any evidence for the fact at all. There simply is not. I can name a dozen cases in which some revolutionary set up a 'democracy,' and every time, whomever was chosen to lead has become a dictator because they did not know how to handle power.
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show
    TW: Broken City

Lord Founder needs no pants to face the beasts of the world, to descend into the darkest pits of the Earth and ascend above the divine clouds!
    TW: Cape City

TW: Supers!
    Image to come

TW: Dystopia
    Peoples Syndicalist Federation of China

Buy my music here

4. - Top - End - #64

NinjaGuy

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nyrt your lack of response to my last message... Was it deliberate?

To Council
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lord Founder is; well.... Right. Full democracy is too unstable to work.
    That doesn't mean that the traditional way of ruling has no problems. We should aspire to more here.

I will say however, that despite some things that it would have been better to leave unsaid, I believe I have a compromising proposal that will make averyone unhappy. And that is the whole purpose of this isn't it?

I'll give what Richter is proposing some credit. Why not make some seats permanent some elective?

The King would be... The King of course. Head of the Executive, with power to name Ministers and so on.

Then two or three Halls... Depending on the will of the people.

We could have 15 fixed seats in the Noble's (For the Old Families) and 50 elected seats.

Then 15 fixed seats in the Commercial and 50 elected seats.

We add 30 Commoner seats there that can be occupied by anyone in the city, noble or peasant alike; except for people who are already occupying a seat in other Hall.

I'd give the Commercial Hall more power; by letting them prepare all economical Laws.

The Commoners could have the power to create laws in social matters.

In criminal or political matters they would act together.

All laws would pass through Noble's for review and aproval.

Let city-wide elections to decide who gets to go to those seats.
    Constantine may be angry because he gets less seats than the rest; but after all; the people of the City would decide who gets the other ones.

And since the government will be formed by peple who actually know how to rule, it will be harder to corrupt it.

Finalliy, the EBSA should prepare a Commission of Experts to help the Halls observe and modify the Law, creating a new more comprehensible code adapted to our times.
    Last edited by Ragnar Lodbroke; 2012-11-07 at 10:36 AM.

5. - Top - End - #65

OOC: @Ragnar
    Spoiler
    Show
    no, sorry. I've been really busy lately and have probably missed a few things. I'll take a look. Thanks for telling me.

[edit] Madame Betoui
    Spoiler
    Show
    I would love the oppertunity to speak to you in person.
    Last edited by Nyrt; 2012-11-07 at 10:49 AM.
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show

Lord Founder needs no pants to face the beasts of the world, to descend into the darkest pits of the Earth and ascend above the divine clouds!

Image to come

Buy my music here

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

The Champions of Sovereignty:

City-Wide Healthcare:

The Champions propose a city-wide effort to raise money, to establish a Bloodhaven clinic in every district in the city, and train the necessary doctors to run them.

The Stacks, Lomb Circle, Spicers Circle, Gilded, Oldtown, Blacksage, Sky, Heavensgate, and the Smokeyards are still lacking clinics, and people are dying because of it.

To House Wallen [5]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I have a few things to discuss with you in private. Commander Bran is at the SGA offices. I understand you have representation there. Would you be so kind as to go and talk with him?"

To the Shipwrights guild, Carriage houses, Hosts watch, and Drovers [5]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Greetings. Are any of you able to contribute to the establishment of a bloodhaven clinic in the Stacks?"

To the Mercantile Guild [5]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Do you have any spare funds to help with the establishment of a Bloodhaven clinic in the Stacks?

To the Bloodhaven [5]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Greetings. Obviously I'm going to need to be collaborating with you quite a bit to get these clinics set up. Let's start with the basics. What do I need to know?
    Last edited by razovor; 2012-11-07 at 01:33 PM.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Colossus in the Playground

The Gear's Chosen, the Wren, the Ram [PM]

Spoiler
    Show
    "One more thing we should talk about. The King's government. I have a suggestion there. As we have all seen, for now, the chamber of elected commoners will have no power whatsoever.
    We have one proposal for this. We sabotage that system. I propose the factions of Runner's City pool their resources (and the power of our press, when we have one) to get members of the Blackfist elected. We will promise that we will use those positions not to further our power, but to be as obnoxious and disruptive as possible."

To James:

"A good idea. We can provide [2 t.wealth[ for that. Our entire income for the month. We'll send ito Doctor Vasari. Along with the bodyguards [2 p.military] we gave the Doctor last turn and our other earlier donations, we hope that this will be an adequate contribution for now."
    Last edited by Eldan; 2012-11-07 at 02:32 PM.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

Gear's Chosen (8)

Gearfist (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Very well, could you perhaps dedicate some of that to ensuring that there's no sabotage efforts on the Press? I'll do my best, but my spy network is kind of laughable.

Also, I think you may have meant to be talking to other people in those last two messages? I'm not in Runners City to start with.

SGA
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm sorry, I was unaware a license was required to give a man a splint if he broke his arm working at the factory. And the Celestial Network currently composes the largest amount of worked copper in the city, as we charge a fee for wiring it into people's homes.

Beyond which, if your guilds all hold monopoly's, surely we are horribly violating that of the Technists with every waking action? We are willing to compromise to ensure peace, but we're only going to recognize a groups monopoly if they have proven more competent in the field then we could hope to be, The Sausage Guild with regard to blood magic and such for example. Or Vasari's work with serious medical issues. But we are not going to recognize the Bookbinders' monopoly merely because they have held since antiquity and put pitiful bounties on any who violate it. If anything we'd put ourselves forward as a replacement.

Champions of Sovereignty
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'll be frank with you, going on the reasonable assumption that you would rather not create a chamber of priests to represent the faiths of the City, I would like to petition for a pledge, preferably enforced by the Militia's Law Magic, that yo will not interfere with the autonomy and rituals of the city's legitimate faiths. And a list of what those are including ourselves and those we represent of course.
    Spoiler
    Show

played the Space Pope in Total War 2125
    ..and the Papal States of Luna in Total War 2260

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

To the Gear's Chosen [5]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "A few months ago the sausage guild confirmed the nature of my blood. It posses a unique magical signature, one which identifies me as a direct pure descendant of the ancient kings of Sav Altulas."

"This signature granted the ancient kings magical gifts that assisted them in leading their people, and was a symbol from the gods that these men had divine authority to rule."

"You don't worship those ancient gods. What do you think of it?"
    Last edited by razovor; 2012-11-07 at 02:38 PM.

10. - Top - End - #70

The Chosen [PM]

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: I'm just bad in geography. I meant you, the Wren and the Ram.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Troll in the Playground

Sausage Guild

To the Gear's Chosen and Champions of Sovereignty [5]
    Spoiler
    Show
    We apologize for this intrusion into a private conversation, but we would like to clarify that we have neither confirmed nor denied the origin of King Jame's blood properties. The sample was too small and our study time insufficient.

We can confirm that the blood has certain magical properties which make it's bearer more suitable for kingship, we will let King James decide if he wants to say what those are, but not where those properties came from.

We are willing to research this if necessary and if more samples are provided.

To Gear's Chosen
    Spoiler
    Show
    Unless you happen to have a large supply of shaper mages we doubt you can determine the compatibility of what we need. We have certain ideas, but they require experimentation with the raw lightning you would provide to verify. However if you can determine if it can be converted into pure magical power that would be helpful.

To Ram Revolution
    Spoiler
    Show
    If all goes well we will be near your districts by next month. We simply need to get through the Smokeyards first.

SGA/Lord Wallen
    Spoiler
    Show
    As Dr. Vassari says we never said that the inclusion of the Merchant House would mean that we would refrain from participating in the Commons House. We assume that the member of the SGA that are nobles will also be participating in the House of Lords. We simply wished to ensure that the area of taxes is subject to the group of people most knowledgeable as to what effect those taxes will have on the economy of Sav Altulas rather than those who have a smaller understanding of economics. Especially since taxes have habit of falling most heavily on the merchant guilds.

SGA
    Spoiler
    Show
    Blackpowder Weapons
    (Enough to buy the weapons or enough to build the factories?) As long as we are able to outfit our guards with these new weapons we are willing to provide, or not provide, any necessary funding.

Mercantile Guild
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes read messages that you can for [1 Econ/Turn]

Espionage Spending
    (I vote for a 10 12 split)

(There will be mil in the area, I usually send a good sized patrol around Gilded every turn. It won't be specifically concentrated on the Commerce Hall though.)

Sausage Economy
    We may not have been clear. Any extra funds we have available will be put towards the continued construction of our Metro.

Archaeological Mission
    We cannot dig anywhere else until you tell us where you actually want us to dig.

We certainly plan to capture as many specimens as we can though.

Stat Caps
    (I haven't hit my caps either, but I know how for those of us with less neighborhoods.)

Monopoly Issue
    What are we going to do about the Gear's Chosen continued insistence on denying the Bookbinder's Monopoly?
    Last edited by ArcaneStomper; 2012-11-07 at 03:06 PM.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

A Cold Morning

The Wren pauses a moment after hearing the name. "Andouir? You have no other name?"

"Andouir is a noble house in the Kingdom. Many of the kingdoms knights come from that House. Loyal men. Famously so. They serve a Duke, who was named... " Another silence stretches.

"Agima. Duke Agima. Not a bad man, near as I remember. One of the few in the Chamber who actually wanted to do something. Strengthen Merdallan so it didn't fall to the Empire. There was talk of him making an attempt at kingship... But no chance of that after the most recent coup. I hear he has become much more conservative since that mess."

"If your man's an Andouir, I have no doubt he'll be in the Dukes service. Notoriously loyal, as I said. As to what motive he'd have for disrupting Sav Altulas... I do not know. "

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

A Cold Morning

''Famously loyal? Desoui was clearly going senile. I can see how that assassin got to her.''

Vasari sighed. ''Well. She’s gone and we are left with the bucket. Worst case scenario, it could be part of a ploy to set Empire on us. By sacrificing Sav Altulus, Duke will give Merdallan breathing room. Well, Stormwings at our walls might or might not happen; hopefully it’s something more innocent. We need to learn what game Andouir is playing and see what should be done. I would prefer good relations with Merdallan, but pawns we must not be.''

Healthcare

''I’m currently working on attracting students to the Daimot Univercity, Faculty of Medicine. Hopefully with time we’ll have enough doctors to provide full coverage to the city.''

''I’m prepared to supply 4 [WEL], half of it King’s Tax, half my personal funds. I will continue to finance this project, as the funds become available to me.''

SGA & Bookbinders to Gears [7]
    Spoiler
    Show

''Considering improperly treated broken hand can heal wrong and make that person a cripple for life, certainly you see the need for proper certification. It helps to maintain standards. What if somebody with less expertise then you did copper wiring with lightning and it caused fires or shocked people? This might turn people against the very idea of lightning wires and ruin your reputation.''

''I’ve thought that what you and Technist Guild were doing was different or they didn’t mind competition, as they haven’t brought any complaints against you.''

''Well, I see no indications that you can provide superior quality over the well-established and respected Bookbinder’s Guild. How do you intent to back your challenge?''
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

A Cold Morning

The Wren considers the idea. "Weakening Sav Altulas for Illarym attack? No. I can't see it. If he wanted the Empire to attack Sav Altulas, he would want us strong, to waste the Empires resources. Besides, in that situation he would also want strong trade relations between the Kingdom and the City. Such good relations would frustrate the Empire, and make Sav Altulas a tougher nut to crack."

"Still, the opposite is also unlikely. I don't think Merdallan could conquer Sav Altulas himself. I have no idea what he is playing at, if Agima does have a hand in this."

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

Gear's Chosen

Champions of Sovereignty
    Spoiler
    Show
    This does raise a question, what do you claim to be king of, exactly? Sav Atlus was not a city state in ancient times after all.

Anyway, we worship the Supreme Will, a transcendent presence who grants inspiration and revelation to correct the flaws in this world and enact its correct alignment. At the moment, we don't really consider the political arrangements of mortals to be that important compared to more physical and metaphysical things, but if you can more solid proof, who knows? Maybe your kingship is part of the Plan.

This, however, is rather different fro mthe question we asked.

Sausage Guild
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, we'll see what we can do.

Blackfist (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fair enough then, if I can wring the concessions I want out of James right now, you're welcome to use our representation for yourself. Otherwise we'll need to maintain a voice for our core territories but you can have the rest.

SGA
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, ourselves and the Technists Guild enjoy cordial relations, but we are both fundamentally in the business of progress and invention.

Efficiency? Scale? With the Celestial Network and a few other projects currently just being implemented, we can produce much more for the same investment in power and with much less manpower.
    Last edited by puppyavenger; 2012-11-07 at 03:57 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Mercantile's Guild

King James
    i agree with the need for Bloodhaven clinics in every district, but i simply dont have the available funds this month. next month however, i should be able to contribute a fair amount of wealth.

SGA[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Blackpowder Weapons
    To buy the weapons. i believe we are holding off on the factories this month so me/Technists can put more resources towards it....

Sausage Guild
    Spoiler
    Show
    sure, sounds good to me...just dont tell the Blackfists, your transferring the deal to me. i would rather not give them a reason to bring their ESP to bear on me...

Espionage spending
    10 and 12 split should work. i will just put 5 towards both...will also have my trade and diplomatic records sent over.

Exchange/Dr. Vasiri
    Spoiler
    Show
    i will vouch for the good doctor.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

Zemalac (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quick question, it's 6 wealth to build a industrial press suitable for the Blackfist's purposes, right? How well does it scale? That is, how close to rivaling the Bookbinders would I get with 10 Wealth/Morale, Van Ryan, and Undead Labour, as well as being in Factories South to take advantage of my location trait?
    Last edited by puppyavenger; 2012-11-07 at 08:33 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

18. - Top - End - #78
    Troll in the Playground

Ram Revolution (D ESP 9):

Fist/Wren (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

I see no reason why the plan to split the Wardens and SGA can't go ahead and start. I'm afraid my agents are all already on assignment this month, but I think I can find some people to assist next month, if you need them.

Champions
    Spoiler
    Show

Sadly, my meager funds for the month have been allocated already. I would be willing to donate funds to your hospital building next month, however.

Council
    Spoiler
    Show

I can agree to such a proposal... If James is willing to compromise for once, as he has often accused me of being unable to do, we may have an arrangement the entire city can live with.

Go Tigers!

19. - Top - End - #79

NinjaGuy

To the Champions of Sovereignity
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your Majesty:
    1 - I'm paying back the loan I took to rebuild Dogma, so I have no money left to contribute. I can offer 3 Wealth for next turn.

2 - If it's a Military matter, Ser Wallenstein can go. He understands those matters better than me. I'd be a burden in such a talk

ESGE [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Madame Beteoui arrived at the Founder Manor, exactly at tea time.

"Lord Founder, I have been wanting to discuss certain matters of importance to us and the city.

How dependant do you think we should be on the King?"

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry to ask, but what is Lord Founder's first name? I figure she would call him by that name, instead of "Lord Founder".

To Council
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, what does the rest think?
    Last edited by Ragnar Lodbroke; 2012-11-08 at 08:48 AM.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

SGA/Bookbinders to Gears [7]
    Spoiler
    Show

''Efficiency and scale are not proper grounds to challenge Bookbinder’s monopoly. It’s not like the current demand for the literature goes unsupplied. The main issue is the quality of the product. Books are the repositories of knowledge and culture. Now, Bookbinder’s Guild has standards and quality, honed over generations. Can your men tell a good book from bad? Because if you expose city to a deluge of subpar books, riddled with typos, bad grammar and poorly worded rhetoric… Why the standard of culture would go down, words would lose their meaning, foolish ideas would mix with wise, until one couldn't tell them apart. We’ll soon have savagery, panic and riots on the streets. Books are serious business. You must see, why we feel such pressure to maintain monopoly, as civilization itself is at stake here.''
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2012-11-08 at 09:01 AM.
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

The Order of the Wren

To Blackfist/Ram [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "That depends how much the Blackfist are prepared to contribute. We can't risk failure on an operation like this. It could destroy us."

22. - Top - End - #82

Blackfist to Ram/Wren [PM]

Spoiler
    Show
    "Our military will be unoccupied, but probably be of little help here. All of the Fingers are available, of course. And we can use at least half of our manpower and espioange [6 esp, 4 morale?]

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

The Order of the Wren

To Blackfist/Ram [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    I can contribute many of my spies to this. (10 ESP) Every small contribution counts, however. The difference between success and failure may be a knifes edge.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

The Champions of Sovereignty

To Council:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I will not accept this proposal."

""A house of commons was my compromise. I was willing to accept that utterly unnecessary weakening of the state to satisfy the Ram. This is too much."

"That weakness would be significantly reduced, if the irrationality of the populace could be limited. Requiring all voters to be educated in politics would be a good first step."

To House Wallen: [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Commander Bran is waiting outside the SGA Halls, sitting on the base of an old worn-down statue.

As Ser Wallenstein approaches, he turns and hails him, dropping down to stand beside the man.

"Glad you could make it."

Bran takes a final look around, making sure there was no-one within earshot.

"I'll get straight to the point. The Ram and I may be able to find a compromise, but it will be a sham. Neither of us are actually willing to accept it, it is merely a delaying tactic."

"The Ram will not stop until they have complete democracy. Themselves, the Blackfist, Wren, Gears Chosen. They will plot in the shadows, use their agents to turn us against each other. Weaken us to the point where they can eliminate us completely, or force us to accept their proposal."

"Ironically, if we are to instate a stable House of Commons, we must destroy the Ram Revolution. The Blackfist as well."

To the Gears Chosen
    Spoiler
    Show
    "While I do think religions should be free to practice, so long as they do not break the law, I must question the ramifications of legitimising a religion that works actively against my rule."

"You consort with the blackfist, direct enemies of order and stability, a threat to the well-being of the citizens of this city."
    Last edited by razovor; 2012-11-08 at 10:22 AM.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Troll in the Playground

Ram Revolution (D ESP 9)

Wren/Fist
    Spoiler
    Show

Looking over my plans, I could defer part of them to next month, and supply 3 ESP and 1 MOR to help. I'm afraid that is the most that I can spare right now.

Council
    Spoiler
    Show

a proper political education? Says the boy from Runner's City? Tell me James, who was your tutor growing up? Who led you in your political education? Or have you not had a formal one, and are therefor unfit to rule?

Both of us made our original compromises, and we were still to far apart. Building a working government requires more than simply a single compromise James. If you had been properly educated, you'd know that. Now quit acting like a child and try to act like the king of a ruined city that you wish you were. It's not about what you want anymore, or what I want. It's what can get all the city to work together in peace. If your too stubborn to budge slightly for that, then you're no better than the Blackfists.

Go Tigers!

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

To the Council:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "You did not address my point. The Government would provide free education for all citizens. All citizens would learn the basics. After this is complete all citizens would have the option of taking an in-depth study of politics."

"Any citizen that wants to influence the government could study this course for free. After it's completion they would be eligible to vote."
    Last edited by razovor; 2012-11-08 at 11:08 AM.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Troll in the Playground

Ram Revolution (D ESP 9)

Council
    Spoiler
    Show

Will they be eligible to vote after the basic course, or the intensive study? I would assume the basic course would give you everything you need to decide who to vote for, while the intensive study would be to prepare someone for running for office or other government jobs, but I could be wrong.

I would assume you plan to wrap this into any sort of childhood education that they city might offer? There would also need to be some sort of class for adults that they can take at night or other times of day, due to their needing to work a job.

If only a basic course is needed, you can take the class within... say 3 months in an adult education class, and it's incorporated into childhood education so that when your old enough to get a job and move out, your old enough to vote, I can agree to your voter requirements, if you agree to the revised government.
    Last edited by ForzaFiori; 2012-11-08 at 02:27 PM.

Go Tigers!

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

Gear's Chosen (8)

To SGA
    Spoiler
    Show
    And how does what you describe differ from what the city periodically descends into regardless? And are you really going to commit yourself to defending their rag of a newspaper as something full of well researched and calmly considered facts? And I can assure you that our Initiates and typists will be extremely precise and correct when it comes to the grammar of syntax of things.

To Champions of Sovereignty
    Spoiler
    Show
    Consorting is a rather dramatic way of phrasing it. Like the Ram, they are helping to fund various exalted projects of my order, mostly centered around electrification. If anything we've stymied them in their ambitions to fully control the Underdocks.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

29. - Top - End - #89

ESGE

Council
    Spoiler
    Show
    Free education? Certainly not at the university. I wouldn't have it government-funded either. Then it could simply be denied funding if it doesn't comply. A government-funded lower education is acceptable, but the board of education, not the government, must control the funds.

Betoui[pm[
    Spoiler
    Show
    Perhaps we ought to keep our distance from him. He seems to be picking a fight with both the Ram and the Blackfists. Ooc:
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's Bennet, Ben to those who know hom really well.
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show

Image to come

Buy my music here

30. - Top - End - #90

NinjaGuy

To ESGE [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "That does sound reasonable, Bennet.
    Surely we must make sure that the city gets throgh this crisis, right? Many of our members are already discussing about the future. Do you think that war is inevitable?

If a war was to happen, what would be your position?"

To the Champions of Sovereignity [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I understand, and agree. What should be the first step? We are far from the conflict zone, but can offer a good deal of agents starting [next turn].

Are we alone in this, or is anyone else our ally?

We could try to separate the Ram from the Blackfist."