Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Total War: Broken City, Book 2

ESGE

House Wallen [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    If it were to come to armed conflict, as my organisation does not command any significant military force apart from the guard organisation that patrolls the district, which would be difficult to bring away from their territory to fight in the nower city, I would be unable to provide militairy assistance. I would philisophically support James, as he has been a great help in the conflict in Blacksgage. I would not do anything that would endanger the university, however, as it is this city's premier center for education. As such, I would possibly be able to supply t.wel, esp, or maj, if absolutely necessisary, but I would not wish to bring the resources of the university to favor one side or another, as likely that would disenfranchise potential students. In any event, it comes down to the situation. I would not wish to support conflict between factions within the city, but I shall be prepared to defend myself and the university. I thank you for the warning, Madame, though I suspect your motives are political in nature, indeed when are motives ever not?
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show
    TW: Broken City

Lord Founder needs no pants to face the beasts of the world, to descend into the darkest pits of the Earth and ascend above the divine clouds!
    TW: Cape City

TW: Supers!
    Image to come

TW: Dystopia
    Peoples Syndicalist Federation of China

Buy my music here

2. - Top - End - #92

NinjaGuy

To ESGE [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "My motives are indeed political. The current city Government will be divided by this conflict, and I am preparing to look for allies for those circumstances.

You haven't said much about my proposals in the Council; and perhaps you were wise in that regard, since it's hard that any of those proposals will come to happen without conflict.

I wish to propose a defensive alliance, as of now. We will defend each other should anything happen."
    Last edited by Ragnar Lodbroke; 2012-11-08 at 03:09 PM.

3. - Top - End - #93

ESGE

House Wallen [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Indeed. I have tried to keep myself out of the argument between James and the Ram Revolution representative (Nice bit of illiteration there) except wherenecessisary. I don't wish to be seen as being a threat to them, as I do not control significant military force."

Founder removed a sleek red and gold feather from his pocket and began to wave it around while he talked.

"The alliance is a good plan, so long as neither of us deliberately provokes attack. As the combat should stay in the lower city, I don't believe this will be a significant problem, but in this situation it is better to be safe than sorry."

A small tongue of flame appeared at the tip of the feather, and Founder used it to light a cigar he had produced from somewhere on his person before quickly extinguishing it in his drink.
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show

Lord Founder needs no pants to face the beasts of the world, to descend into the darkest pits of the Earth and ascend above the divine clouds!

Image to come

Buy my music here

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

The Champions of Sovereignty:

To House Wallen [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Thank you for your understanding."

"Thank you also for the offer of your agents, but they are unnecessary. Plans are already in motion so that the Ram and Blackfist significantly weaken themselves over the next few months, without us having to act directly."

"Then we shall move in for the final blow."

"If you would support us, I merely ask that next month you publicly condemn the Wardens. Condemn their attack on the mercantile guild, their violent methods, their acceptance of questionable prison wardens, their continued lack of contributions to the city. Use whatever speech you feel necessary to convey that the nobility does not support them, without being too obvious."

"I'll do the same, then we can both go off into the shattered lands, and kill warlords for a few months."

To the Council:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "No. basic education would not provide the necessary knowledge and skill-set to vote rationally and constructively. It would need to be a longer course, perhaps a year, to ensure it covers every issue a voter might encounter during their life, and it would need to be something citizens opt-into. We do not want everyone voting, we only want those motivated and keen to contribute."

"If additional funds must be granted to the university, we would ensure they are put under the permanent control of the university rather than being supplied each season anew. Perhaps they could be granted official lands outside the city, from which to collect their finances."
    Last edited by razovor; 2012-11-08 at 05:22 PM.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Troll in the Playground

Ram Revolution (D ESP 9)

Council
    Spoiler
    Show

A years education? You mean that you want only the upper class voting - no one else has a year to dedicate to nothing but learning for a year. Unlike you and the nobles, James, most of the city works for a living. Besides, if all your doing is voting, you don't have to know every issue, you simply need to know how to find a representative that does - it is then THEIR job to vote on each particular issue. Joe Schmo off the street isn't going to be voting on each and every idea, he's going to be voting to put politician X or Y into office, and then trust THEM to vote for them. They simply need to be able to recognize what's wrong with the city and then listen to find out who can fix it to their liking. That doesn't take a year, that simply takes a brain to think and ears to listen. You are still trying to rig your government to appear to give the people a choice but keep power in your cronies hands. At least the Blackfists admit to your face that they want to burn the city down, instead of trying to convince us that really, their remodeling while they strike the match.

Go Tigers!

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

To the Council:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "You are wrong. Basic education does not provide the necessary skills to vote rationally. Further education must be provided. Otherwise the system will be dominated by irrational voters, leading to weakness and instability."

7. - Top - End - #97
    Colossus in the Playground

Blackfist

"Objection! We don't want to burn the city. If that was our goal, we would have done it. Our goal is much harder. We want to free the citizens and give them all equal rights.
    And James, you should finally just admit that you don't want the people to vote at all. At least be honest once in your life, instead of fallling over your own feet in an attempt to please everyone equally, lying to them all to get their support no matter what, until you are in power and can leave lal those promises unfulfilled.
    Look at this man, people. This boy. How he is running from house to house, promising all of you the world when he is fully aware that all those promises contradict each other. What makes you think that you will be the one he is honest to, the one whose bargains he will honour? If he can not keep all of his promises, what makes you think he will keep any of them?
    Is such a man fit for any kind of office? He is false. Most likely he is a liar too, and if he isn't, then only because so far he could twist the truth without breaking it. Does such a man deserve any trust? Can he be called a leader? Is that your idea of a King, Sav Altulas?"
    Resident Vancian Apologist

8. - Top - End - #98
    Troll in the Playground

Ram Revolution (D ESP 9)

Response to Blackfists:
    The comment about burning the city was a metaphor - I didn't expect you to actually go around trying to set the city aflame. You simply state your goals outright, so that we know what to expect.

Council:
    Spoiler
    Show

The blackfist are right James. Your pathetic policy of appeasement is going to get no where. You are striving for peace in your time - and failing at that - rather than peace in everyone's time, as you should be. Either stand up and fight for what you believe in and quit lying about it, or work to compromise. But stop claiming to do one, and trying to do the other. Frankly, I'm tired of it, and I'd be willing to bet the others are as well.

Go Tigers!

9. - Top - End - #99
    Bugbear in the Playground

Gregoria to Champions (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

General Rhodarmer

Something of the sort is being arranged, yes--or at least that is my dearest hope. However, I am afraid that your presence there might be inadvisable. Certain individuals of the uprising are sure to be present at the negotiations who might not take kindly to you. Specifically, I am thinking of the individual said to have killed King George himself. As much as I wish to see Deerblood's head roll for his regicide, his continued existence is regrettably necessary at the moment, as he personally saved the leader of the uprising from execution at the very beginning of it and is something of a symbol for them. I am not entirely sure how he would react to an emissary of another king being presented to him by his most hated enemy; whatever the case, I would rather not give him any excuse to react in any way other than to follow Stonecutter's lead.

However, if you wish to speak with Stonecutter personally, I think that may be arranged. Just not at a general assembly of our side and theirs, I beg of you.

The Exchange to Sausage Guild (6)
    Spoiler
    Show

No assistance is required at the moment, thank you, unless you desire to have further input into the designs. Our men who run the Mint know their business well.

Ambassadorial Guard to SGA (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

"I will do what I can, sir," says the captain, bowing briefly to those assembled. "If I may, I will now take my leave."

Exchange to Mercantile's Guild, Doctor Vassari (4)
    Spoiler
    Show

Dear Sirs of the Mercantile's Guild:

Doctor Vassari has requested the loan of [6 WEL], to be backed by the Guild. This will mean that you will be called upon if the Doctor stands unable to make repayment: do you understand and agree with this position? We understand that you have vouched for him, but we would like to make it clear in no uncertain terms what that means in this particular situation.

Peacocks to Doctor Vassari (7)
    Spoiler
    Show

Weeeeellll...we have rather more literal ways of cutting off the supplies of competitors than you are thinking of, I believe. That aside, it is quite certain that a large faction of the nobility have their own personal suppliers, but we have in the past deemed it unnecessary to supplant them--the risk far outweighed the projected profits. Now that they are focusing on politics, however, we may look to reopen the issue.

Blackspell Watch to Doctor Vassari (7)
    Spoiler
    Show

We aren't sure what it is, sir, so we can't say if it'll be a problem or not. We'll keep an eye out, though, to be sure.

Lascelles has been working like a madman, is all I know about the progress of the play. Some gentlemen from Sky stopped by to suggest that the premiere coincide with the opening of the University, which seems to have set him off.

Thelonius (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

Prison Records

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse Prison Records
    M. Hael Redreuq
    Race: Ice elf
    Charge: Special
    Distinguishing features: White hair, amber eyes. Scarred hands, as though from acid.
    Consignment: Solitary, standard silver-warded cell. Special precautions are described below.
    Ration: Normal.
    LTTD: Normal.
    Circumstantial: Guards checking on prisoner/cleaning cell must be deaf, and armed with pistols. No blades of any kind are to be allowed near the prisoner, from swords on down to penknives and arrowheads. Bullets are to be dipped in white ash before loading. Report any unusual activity to Thousand Voices before reporting to warden Exarn.
    Orsag the Guardian

Orsag is the Shield God of the Risen Pantheon, worshiped in Merdallan, the Merchant's Water and partially in the Shattered Lands. The Imperial Mother Church of the Illarym Empire, in turn, consider him to be a king of demons.

Champions (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

The Carriage Houses, Shipwright's Guild, Host's Watch and Drovers all express interest, but they are working through the Mercantile's Guild these days and will abide by whatever the Guild decides.

puppyavenger (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

At that point, you'd have a little over half of the Bookbinder's capacity. However, that is more than they ever devote to one project, so you'd definitely be able to match or outpace their printing if you focused your efforts.
    Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ran: Boundless Isles
    IC
    OOC

Sixth Nexus: THE VIGIL

Total War: Cape City
    Spoiler
    Show

LOCKWOOD-COBAN AUGMENTED INDUSTRIES

Total War: Serillia
    Spoiler
    Show

The Crimson

Ran: Broken City
    First IC Thread
    First OOC Thread

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Mercantile's Guild

to Exchange/Dr. Vasiri[4]
    Spoiler
    Show
    while the Guild does not believe such precautions are necessary, we will agree nonetheless.

11. - Top - End - #101

The Exchange to Mercantile's Guild/Vassari (4)
    Spoiler
    Show

Normally, they are not: however, in this case the good Doctor was the first to suggest the measure, as otherwise we would have had to request time to arrange our finances first, to not only procure the sum for him but also to see to it that late or lack of repayment would not break our operations here. However, with a loan backed by a trusted party we are able to dispense with such precautions; in this case, we know perfectly well that your Guild is good for the money.

Thank you for your assistance in this matter. Doctor Vassari, you may expect the agreed sum to be along presently.
    Last edited by Zemalac; 2012-11-08 at 11:49 PM.
    Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

IC
    OOC

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

The Crimson

First IC Thread
    First OOC Thread

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Peacocks [7]
    Spoiler
    Show

''ESGE is also focusing on the Daimot University. Some of their members have been rather involved in smuggling in their past, I believe and as such would have certain influence in that area. I think a generous donation to the Daimot University may convince them to be ''supportive''. I meet Lord Founder regularly during the Board of Education meetings, perhaps I can bring up a subject of how certain situation with recreational drugs can be better managed by people with experience.''

''Lord Wallen is thoroughly involved in politics. There is a planned meeting of the Provisional Council to establish Parliament for the city. I’m a member of the Council, so I’ll keep an eye on the opportunities there.''
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

13. - Top - End - #103

NinjaGuy

To the Champions of Sovereignity [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Understood. I will keep most of my men in town for the next few months. Appaerntly the Threat of MU is not gone, and we must work against it.
    My Master will speak publicly against the Wardens [Next month]"

To the ESGE [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Madame Beteoui laughed.
    "Oh, Benett, you always manage to do the most charming things! Would you please light one for me?"
    (She took a cigarette out of her purse)
    "It doesn't smell of tobacco. I prefer mine rose-scented. Imported directly from Verdan. Aren't they splendorous?"

"On the war matter, we will support the King as much as we can, without becoming targets ourselves. He IS fighting our enemies, after all.

We can speak in any moment you want. Even though we think differently about many things, we can help each other."

(She made a smoke ring)

"Isn't that so?"

14. - Top - End - #104

ESGE

House Wallen
    Spoiler
    Show
    Indeed! And I must say those cigarettes have a most agreeable aroma. In the meantime, I have buisness to attend to. It is possible the situation may change, but if it does, you'll be among the first to know.
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show

Image to come

Buy my music here

15. - Top - End - #105

Heladuit Court

D.Esp: 4

SGA [PM]:
    Spoiler
    Show

To Silversmiths:
    Spoiler
    Show

Apologies, but understand that after your foray into Hobbespot, it was difficult to 100% trust you would follow through on your retreat from our land. It appears you took a number of our goblins with you, but we'll let that be. We are at peace, now.

OOC: So I had a paper due on Wednesday, finals week coming up, etc. I didn't pay a whole lot of attention to this game. So.... in my EOT, I mostly just looked at the SGA projects and threw my resources at them. You're welcome.
    My last breath... ...is also my mintiest...

Avatar credit goes to a strictly platonic friend.

Former Avatar credit goes to Howl.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #106

Turn 10 Results
    March, 1033 DR

The Sav Altulas Standard
    Filled With Delicious Cake

Sponsored by the Bookbinder's Guild

Internal leaks in the Technists Guild have been dealt with.

Rumor has it that the Guilds are mining emeralds deep beneath Gilded. Whatever the case, a lot of money, black powder and men have been going down into the earth, and the Silversmiths do seem to have more emeralds in their jewelery of late.

The Celestial Network, that strange lightning-capturing machine, has extended its wires into Pisser's Kingdom, Imperial Third and the Underdocks. New insulation provided by the Technists Guild has also made the system somewhat safer.

The Silversmith's Guild has been expanding its infrastructure.

The new opera house has had its first opera performed. Moidreph; A Tragedy of Stars, by Alscot Lascelles, tells the story of the archmage Adel Moidreph, the man who built Longspeak Tower and who died there when the Zancharians came calling. Notable highlights include Meridia Heladuit performing as a singing star and Moidreph's muse, elaborate costumes setting the stage for the next year of city fashion, and rumors of the Blackspell Watch chasing off demonic creatures in the shadows.

An SGA sponsored expedition to a set of nearby mines has resulted in less gain than expected.

SGA agents have performed a security sweep of the Commerce House. Rumors on whether or not they found any spies are contradictory.

The Mercantile's Guild, with SGA assistance, has completed a string of waystations and forts meant to protect caravans between the city and the Illarym Empire.

The markets of Little Zanchar are now owned and operated by the Mercantile's Guild.

The Shipwright’s Guild has held a vote of its members, the results of which has led the Guild to distance itself from the overarching structure of the Mercantile’s Guild. Shortly thereafter, a petition was sent to the Wardens requesting an expansion of patrols to their neighborhood, for the protection of Guild property and the populace at large.

Clockwork Swords have been spotted training in Factories South, under direction of a Laheim mercenary.

Towers have been raised over Factories South, with lightning flickering between them.

The Gear's Chosen have build a set of industrial presses almost large enough to rival those of the Bookbinder's Guild, who, as is their habit, immediately posted a bounty for their destruction. Appeals through EBSA and SGA channels are still ongoing, but in the meantime mercenaries are already gathering.

Patrols in Blackfist, Gear's Chosen and Wren territory have specific instructions to watch out for EBSA agents.

EBSA Greycloaks are a massive presence around their field offices this month, awaiting an attack that never comes.

A new collection of books assembled by the Church of Neposh, Bloodhaven, the Sausage Guild and the Esoteric Society of Gentlemen Explorers has been installed in Daimot University, just in time for the grand opening. This assembly of books includes Desoui's library and much of Lord Pontiss' personal collection.

Harvey Hashawk, the leader of the Church of Neposh, has been wounded by the Empty Blood Gang during an attempted assassination attempt in Annosus. Combined Militia of Order and Justice and Fist of Neposh forces have the gang on the run.

A new Bloodhaven Clinic has opened in the Stacks district, in the Traveler's Quarter.

The Peacocks are expanding their operations into Southside Black.

Riots in Pepperstoch after rumors of blood magic and Guild mistreatment of the citizenry have led to the Ansigaris losing control of the neighborhood. Rioters are prevented from entering Allscross in pursuit by the Conductor.

A band of Gregorian orcs has entered the city from across Traitor's Bridge, bringing news that the orcish uprising has left Gregoria and established itself in a formerly-ruined village near Sav Altulas, called Tregon.

A combined Warden and Champions force has routed the Stone Wolves, driving them from the area near the city.

The Wardens and the Champions are collaberating on the construction of a fortress to control nearby lumber yards.

The Order of the Wren is recruiting assassins.

The ground rumbles under Fat Tippest as the Sausage Guild metro expands.

The Ram Revolution has formed a permenant police force for areas under its control in Runner's City.

The Blackjack Boys are recruiting.

Orc scouts have been sighted near the city.

Rumor has it that the Empire recently made an attempt to test the defenses at Riven Pass, and were handily repulsed by the Winterborn Guard.

Secret Messages and Hidden Happenings

Wardens and Champions
    Spoiler
    Show

Bookbinder's Guild to EBSA (15)
    Spoiler
    Show

We would like to request your assistance in dealing with this blatant breach of Guild monopoly by the Gear's Chosen. They were warned ahead of time of what the consequences would be if they chose to pursue this route, and have gone ahead with it anyway: now they must answer to the Guild.

Bookbinder's Guild to SGA (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

We would like to request your assistance in dealing with this blatant breach of Guild monopoly by the Gear's Chosen. They were warned ahead of time of what the consequences would be if they chose to pursue this route, and have gone ahead with it anyway: now they must answer to the Guild.

Bookbinder's Guild to Gear's Chosen (8)
    Spoiler
    Show

Good day, sir. This is your first and only notice that certain items and services owned and operated by your organization are in breach of a lawful monopoly of the Bookbinder's Guild. Should you be able to prove that you were unaware of the monopoly laws before construction of your press, and that you did not intend for the breaking of those laws to occur, we would be willing to purchase your press from you at cost: otherwise, I am afraid we very much have the right to seize it (as outlined in the Guild Unity Decision of 648, copies of which you may find in your local EBSA field office).

Bounty Board
    All prices listed are in t.WEL unless otherwise stated, and will be paid out immediately upon confirmation by the bounty poster.

Elias DuKree: Red hair, close cut. Reddish-brown eyes. Scar on left cheek. Possibly a scar on right leg, depending on how the wound healed--might have a limp. Wanted dead. 4 from Lord Protector.

Unknown Raiders: Whoever stole the Imperial weapons meant for the Wardens from the caravan delivering them to the city.
    2 from Imperial Trade Ministry

Blackfist Press
    1 from Bookbinder's Guild

Unknown Murderer: Whoever killed the people found dead at the opening of the Wallen Wing at Bloodhaven Hospital last month.
    4 from Doctor Vassari

Chosen Press
    4 from Bookbinder's Guild

Turn 11 Begins
    April, 1033 DR
    Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

IC
    OOC

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

The Crimson

First IC Thread
    First OOC Thread

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

To SGA
    Spoiler
    Show
    I apologize that our discussions were obviously somewhat incomplete when the Press was being Incarnated, but it was unavoidable.

Regardless, I am regretful to say that the Press is a holy object and to remove it would be heresy of the highest order. Therefor I have a compromise. We will accept SGA censors of a sort to monitor anything printed by our Presses, and remove anything slanderous, untrue, or even factual but negative or negatively phrased regarding any member of the SGA.

To Technists
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the installation of your new safety measures, would you like to proceed with our end of the deal and electrify Gaspar's Folly this month?
    Spoiler
    Show

played the Space Pope in Total War 2125
    ..and the Papal States of Luna in Total War 2260

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light

18. - Top - End - #108
    Troll in the Playground

Ram Revolution (D ESP 9)

Militia of Order and Justice/Church of Neposh
    Spoiler
    Show

Your recent actions in Annosus, while useful for their work in driving out the gangs, have been causing harm to civilians. We request you halt these actions immediately - we suggest you take the time to actual try your criminals, rather than simply killing them in the streets. That way your not only living up to your name (in the case of the Militia) but are also capable of sorting the innocent from the guilty BEFORE killing them.

Go Tigers!

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

To Mercantile Guild, Bloodhaven, Blackfist, Wren (separately)
    Spoiler
    Show

Greetings. With the completion of our current work for the Ram, we wish to continue the expansion of the Celestial Network and are curious if any of you would be willing to help finance the bringing of Light and Progress to your territories?

Referring specifically to Little Zachnar for the Mercantile Guild

For the record, with recent innovations we can happily advertise that each neighborhood electrified aadds one to the owners stat cap
    Last edited by puppyavenger; 2012-11-12 at 11:59 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

20. - Top - End - #110
    Troll in the Playground

The Sausage Guild
    Def Esp 7

Urso Bloodhand comes out of the deeps still slick with the pale blood of underdwellers that were a bit too bold. He calmly surveys the rioting in Pepperstoch before calmly turning away and calmly writing a thank you note to the conductor.

He then calmly punches a hole in a nearby house with his fist before calmly walking away. Every sausage guild member within 50 feet has very much not calmly gotten out of the area.

To the SGA (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    First we would request that two wealth generated from the emerald mine be given to the sausage guild coffers. We note that the mine lies below the Bunkers, the expedition was largely funded by the Sausage Guild, and most importantly we are about to be engaged in what is likely to be substantial fighting and need the resources.

We are willing to forego our share of the next two or three SGA projects, although we are unlikely to be able invest much until the present threat has been dealt with.

No as to the present threat itself we have proof that the Blackfists incited the riots in Pepperstoch. We feel that these ruffians have gone unchecked for long enough and that at the very least the Blackfists need to be swept off the streets like the gangs they are. Afterwards we can rebuild their parts of Runner's City in the same manner as Dogma was rebuilt, although hopefully without the starting atrocities. It will no doubt much improve the city if the SGA handles that neighborhoods rather than the gang leaders which currently do.

We hope that the other members of the SGA will see fit to aid us in this endeavor. We will likely need aid to offset their more nefarious agents. (Apparently I wasn't supposed to see the actual stats, but I think I can safely say that they have a lot of espionage to be able to pull this off.)

To the Champions of Sovereignty
    Spoiler
    Show
    We believe that the Blackfist Brotherhood were behind the recent riots in Pepperstoch. We feel that this has crossed the line from political argument to a clear and present danger to the city. Will you aid us in dealing with them.

To the Wardens
    Spoiler
    Show
    We know we have had our differences in the past, but know that we were not responsible for the problems in Pepperstoch. No the Blackfist Brotherhood has seen fit to incite riots for who knows what reason. We would ask if you would be willing to help us deal with them. In return we will surrender any claim we might have had to reclaiming Pepperstoch and aid in the project of your choice after this has been dealt with in proportion to what you are able to aid us with.

To the Blackfist Brotherhood
    Spoiler
    Show
    We wonder why you have done this thing. We thought that we had a solid business agreement. And you know as well as us that the rumors you have spread are utter lies and that we treat our workers fairly at all times. Something you say that you strive for.

But despite this we are reasonable people. If you are willing to turn over to us one neighborhood and [2 points] we are willing to consider the matter settled. If not then we will show you how criminals are dealt with by the Sausage Guild.

To the EBSA
    Spoiler
    Show
    What is the punishment for vandalism, assault, slander, libel, forgery, impersonation of an officer, and incitement to riot?
    Last edited by ArcaneStomper; 2012-11-12 at 11:15 PM.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

To Laheim Contacts (PM?)
    Spoiler
    Show

Fair greetings and good tidings.

Given the virtuous conduct and wondrous success of the Commander we have retained, we are currently experimenting with the possibility of hiring a corp of your troops to serve as NCOs and assistants to him in his training.

As such, I'm here to inquire about a possible renegotiation of the prices you previously gave. We're willing to commit to hiring a corp to act as trainers for a full five months, and as they will almost certainly not be seeing any frontline combat we'd be willing to accept those soldiers recovering from lingering injuries, as long as they can see and correct the manifold flaws of our forces.

In return we'd ask for a slight discount, paying [3 wel] a month instead of [4]. We would be willing to make any sort of magical commitment you would like regarding the time frame we would pay for, although the reputation of your houses and the results you've shown is more then enough to guarantee that we would pay in full.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Mercantile's Guild

this is some good food... General Brador muttered to himself, stuffing his face at one of the local establishments in the Little Zancher. he had been sent over by the guild to meet with Market Guard leaders and make sure they were willing to accept the guilds backing. They were good soldiers, these Market Guards. they reminded him of the Hosts-watch and that could only mean good things for the future of the guild, he was looking forward to working with them...

to Market Guard
    Spoiler
    Show
    greetings...would you be interested in performing a joint series of war-games with the guilds own troops? this should serve to improve your own ability to guard the markets, especially as the guild troops will be led by one of the finest soldiers in the city...

to Gears-Chosen
    Spoiler
    Show
    we will see whats available after SGA contributions. have you fixed some of the safety issues the network seems to have?

SGA[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mine wealth
    I dont object to the Sausage Guild keeping the profits from the mine...

BPW IV
    we have acquired the weapons and now all thats left is establishing the necessary infrastructure and magic devices needed to develop them.

Technists: willing to improve your infrastructure? i can help with that.

Drydocks
    just a note: most of my ESP will be fixing this while situation regarding the Shipwrights guild...i believe it may involve the meralldon conspirators...the rolls suggest that, if this was a pure Esp operation, then i estimate atleast 7-8 Esp is what went into this.
    Last edited by oblivion6; 2012-11-12 at 11:33 PM.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

To Merc guild
    Spoiler
    Show

Yes, the Technist Guild has graciously provided insulation for the wiring which has greatly reduced the fires and such which annoy everyone so much. While irrelevant to the Correct Design of the city, they are not heretical and so will be fully implemented.

We are willing to provide 1 Wel towards the construction ourselves in exchange for the right to sell electricity to homes and businesses independent of the Guild, meanign you would need 2 Wel or Morale (labour) for basic wiring, and 3 for full light and heating in the district.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

SGA to Gregorian Orcs [5]
    Spoiler
    Show

''I welcome you to your new home. My name is Morden Vassari of the Medico Guild and I speak here as representative of the Sovereign Guilds Association. We represent the craftsmen and merchants of the Sav Altulus.''

''You need housing. We have the masonry guild. You need clothing, weapons, provisions, we sell them. Any resources, labor or skill of yours, we are willing to buy. Or perhaps you are in need of coin? Then we can extend a credit.''

''Now as Doctor of Bloodhaven, the hospital of Sav Altulus, I’d like to request a permission to open a small clinic in Tregon to treat your sick and wounded.''

Bloodhaven to Church of Neposh
    Spoiler
    Show

''While we are aware of your excellent healing Mages, the Bloodhaven is ready to provide treatment for your illustrious leader.''

ESGE [4]
    Spoiler
    Show

''I believe I can secure some anonymous sponsors for the Daimot University, though it might require a certain action on your part.''

[What does your ''Realpolitic'' Trait means? It might be useful for certain project.]

SGA/Bookbinders [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Gear’s Presses

We have several options.

First, take advantage of the Gears offer to send censors to control the printing, and make them be very, very slow in their work as well as creative in what constitutes slanderous or untrue things spoken about SGA.

Second, petition King James to aid us in protection of our monopoly. We’ll probably require to sweeten the deal for him, but it can be done.

Third, contribute to the bounty on the Presses.

Fourth, attempt a more direct solution to the issue.

Emerald Mine

I don’t mind granting 2 WEL to Sausage Guild, though I recommend that they sell most of the mines output to the Silversmith Guild or form a joint venture.

SGA Projects Fund

I’m prepared to contribute to organizing infrastructure for it. Should we issue shares to invite more capital*?

[*Not certain how advanced financial science is in Sav Altulus. We might consider bringing Exchange in on this.]

Pepperstoch

I would be surprised, if it weren’t Blackfists*. I would suggest we make the action official – declare our grievances publicly, give Blackfists a chance to respond and then act accordingly.

*[Blackfists: Distrust Trait]

Shipwrights

I will assist the Mercantile Guild in the issue.

Trade Policy

Illryum Empire.

We now have a defensible route there, so we can see, if there are markets for Emeralds, Merdallan Wine (we need to check if it would affect our chances of buying it from Merdallan).

(Mercantile Guild: can you check it with your Merchant Contacts?)

Andouir

I believe it’s clear what’s happening here. I believe our best course of action is to let things continue as they are.

Zemalac:

1. Our ESP action was to improve security of the SGA/Records Room. Did we achieve anything in that regard?

2. If we start selling Merdallan wine to Illaryum, would it create a problem in acquiring it?

Zemalac [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

1. What comes to mind, when one says Talidor, without extensive research. What works of theirs survived centuries in the people’s memory? Their magic? Their army? Their trade? Great men? Structures?

2. How much do I need to repay to Exchange?

3. How important is Lake Brecombe & River to the City? To the nobles (esp. Fisher Houses)?
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2012-11-13 at 06:38 AM.
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

Clinic:

King James celebrates the opening of the clinic in the stacks, reiterating his intention to build one in every district in the city. The next district intended is Lomb Circle. King James graciously requests aid from anyone who can spare finances to improve the well-being of the people of Lomb Circle.

Shattered lands:

King James requests assistance from any factions with military forces to spare, in clearing the bandits and other dangers from the shattered lands.

To the Sausage Guild:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I'm afraid the shattered lands demands the attention of all my forces. Things are getting tougher as we push further out, and we've already suffered significant casualties."
    Last edited by razovor; 2012-11-13 at 06:54 AM.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

SGA [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Blackfists

''It appears King is occupied with war outside of the city to come to our aid.''

[Okay – I’d like to hear a plan of action from Sausage Guild, before making any proposals.]

War

''The King has requested military assistance in clearing the Shattered Lands. I believe it’s an opportunity. I have reasons to believe that the nobles of the Sky District could be interested. Of course they lack an army to act. What they do have is money. So we approach them and offer to give them an army, for their money. War can be a profitable thing – selling weapons, uniforms, provisions, hosting troops in our force for a fee, you name it. And the more of the lands fall under control of friendly factions, the more coin flows from trade into our coffers.''

27. - Top - End - #117

Blackfist Brotherhood to the Sausage Guild [8]

Spoiler
    Show
    "We have seen some of the reports you have seen, and we can ensure you, it was not us. Consider this.
    Would we beat and blackmail the population we are claiming to protect?
    Would we attack the people who provide food to the refugees in Fat Tippest?
    Would we attack someone who has never done us harm, at the other end of the city, when we have the King and the nobles to repell?

We offer our condolences and want to make certain that this was very much a misunderstanding. However, we can not give up any of the neighbourhoods we control. If you want to ask us for help, we can certainly provide some men to help with rebuilding after the riots, but the territory we hold remains ours. We are also very interested to go over these reports and this so-called evidence again with you and get to the bottom of who is framing us here.

And just an aside: perhaps you should consider why James, your great and noble ally will once again not choose sides and instead promise help to everyone willing to bow to him and then not deliver it.
    Last edited by Eldan; 2012-11-13 at 07:26 AM.

28. - Top - End - #118

Blackfist Brotherhood t othe Technist's Guild [8]

Spoiler
    Show
    Any update on those firearms?

29. - Top - End - #119
    Troll in the Playground

Wardens to Sausage Guild
    Spoiler
    Show

Blackfists? That does not make much sense. May I request to see your proof?

We know from experience that Pepperstoch is a volatile neighbourhood full of demagogues of all stripes ready to incite a mob into fury. That is why we need to pacify it. If the citizens there heard of your blood magic they would throw you out on their own, without any further action necessary by an inciting party.

We will move in and pacify Pepperstoch in any case, but if your proof is indeed solid, we will consider helping you fix this wrong.

((OOC: Instead of a project, I'd like the recognition of Exarn's claim to the Prison. But not the Arena - that should lay to rest the whole blood game problem.))

Wardens to Gregorian Orcs
    Spoiler
    Show

We've taken control of large lumberyards and cleared good mining sites near the City. If you are interested in purchasing these materials for the construction of your homes, we'll provide them cheaply in exchange for you pledging to protect the eastern bank of River Tethys near Sav Altulas from any future foe. We will pledge to protect your homes against any attack from the Shattered Lands as well.

((OOC: This is basically meant to tie Tregon into the domain of Sav Altulas in the long run. Since most of the interesting parts of the game happen within or in relation to Sav Altulas, I figure you won't be against that.))

Warden Announcement

Warden patrols will be entering the Drydocks and will be placing the neighbourhood under our protection, as they have requested. Any criminals are given the options of surrender and a lighter sentence, exile from the neighbourhood or strict punishment or death according to Warden codes if caught within the neighbourhood.

Armed Mercantile Guild troops or agents are not welcome. Civilians or off-duty soldiers will not be accosted.

Wardens to Shipwright's Guild
    Spoiler
    Show

We are interested in building a fortification including a small dock some distance downriver, to better control traffic on the river and be able to defend the city in case of hostiles trying to use Tethys to advance. For this, we will need boats and other equipment. We have control over large lumberyards near the City in the Shattered Lands that could supply you with quality lumber for a fair price in exchange for your help and expertise.

Wardens to Blackfist Brotherhood
    Spoiler
    Show

We do not trust the Sausage Guild accusations. What is your side of the story?

Remember what we said the last time we fought their tunnellers. Those words still ring true.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

30. - Top - End - #120

Blackfist to the Wardens [8]

Spoiler
    Show
    Why should we do what they accuse us of? We let them tunnel under Fat Tippest. They deliver our food. They are at the other end of the city from us, and they are not nobles or "kings".

No, we haven't heard a word of this before today. It is frankly ridiculous.