New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Total War: Broken City, Book 2

Wardens to Gear's Chosen and Technists' Guild
    Spoiler
    Show

Our expeditions to the Shattered Lands have come upon enemies utilizing large numbers of massive machines of war, alight in unholy flame and almost unstoppable by conventional means. If your people would have the time and inclination to study and pinpoint weaknesses in these things, you would be free to take a pick of their remains.

Wardens to Gatekeeper's Guard
    Spoiler
    Show

Our troops are being stretched thin as of late. I would like to request some of your men to bolster the initial patrols in Drydocks, just in case the Mercantile Guild attempts something they would later regret. We would be grateful of any assistance you can provide. This would not be a long-term solution, but instead just a stopgap to tide over the transition in the neighbourhood.
    Last edited by Murska; 2012-11-13 at 09:47 AM.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

The Order of the Wren [8]

To the Gears Chosen [8]
    Spoiler
    Show
    If you have fixed the issues with fires, perhaps. How much wealth would be required to manage this?

To Blackfist, Ram, Gears [8]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Are you able to meet again this month? I think recent developments merit a new discussion.

To the Andouir [?]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Very well. If you wish to converse with me, I will oblige you. Name a time and a place, and I will be there.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Colossus in the Playground

Blackfist to the Wren [8]

Spoiler
    Show
    We certainly can.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

SGA Press Release

Trade with Illaryum

The SGA is happy to announce, that we have completed defences of the trade routes to the Illaryum Empire, making travel and trade much safer. Of course the costs borne by SGA to ensure security of the trade must be compensated, so as such there is a possibility of tariffs on all merchants traveling this route. I wouldn't lie to you in that they may appear rather heavy at first.

However, let me assure you, that should such tariffs be instituted, they will be waived for merchants operating their businesses in areas under control of SGA, such as Mercantile Guild and House Laurier. In fact the SGA would act to accommodate merchants, who would decide to shift their operations from other areas of the city, by constructing new warehouses, trading houses and market areas.

Shipwrights

We are saddened to see Shipwrights to leave the aegis of SGA and wish you the best of luck. We should warn you, that with this, Shipwrights Guild is no longer under trade protection that SGA extends to all of its members. As such we can expect establishment of alternative ways of water transportation. I’m sure the boys of Technist Guild can surprise us. Await new press releases by SGA.

SGA [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

First – scrap my proposal to fund noble’s army. We don’t have resources right not. I believe SGA should reassert it’s position in the city – Blackfists, Wardens, Gears… They must be shown our power. I ask all members of SGA to give to this fight.

I hope you won’t begrudge me for making a press release. Fighting Wardens with swords is suicide. So let’s crush them with our purses. We just need to take control of the trade with Illaryum, which is almost in our pocket with those forts and then direct all of it to our Districts. Their troops must be fed, clothed and armed. Let’s see them do it with no collections from the Spicers Circle, while our profits grow.

I’ll wait for Sausage Guild to detail his plan for Blackfists and we must decide on action regarding Gears.

Zemalac/SGA [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Coin-Speak Translation: Merchants of Spicers Circle. We’ll ruin you with heavy tariffs, unless you move your operations to SGA controlled areas. Toodles.
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2012-11-13 at 10:14 AM.
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

5. - Top - End - #125
    Troll in the Playground

Wardens to Imperial Trade Ministry (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

The guilds in Sav Altulas have constructed a series of fortifications within the Shattered Lands now that we've started eliminating the raiders again. While a safer route to the Empire and a following surge in trade is very much welcomed, they plan on monopolizing that route by establishing massive tariffs on everyone using the road that is not one of their own merchants, including Imperial trade.

I would like to humbly ask of you to announce that if the tariffs are not kept to manageable levels for all traders, you will increase your own tariffs in response for the Guild merchants. The threat should be enough to force them to back down, after investing so much into the forts.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

The Airyards

Due to requests, and rumors of possible invasions, the Technists guild will be embarking on the creation of a Sky Dreadnought, in order to better protect the city and serve her intrests in the shattered lands.

To the Blackfists
    Spoiler
    Show
    At this time, we are slightly wary of giving weapons to you. It is nothing personal, but as the sausage guild, is currently having problems with you, we would perfer not to provide you with the weapons out of hand. However, if you could look into some rumors for us?

To the Gears Chosen
    Spoiler
    Show
    We would perfer Little Veras be connected first. Mostly as a trial run, and to see how effective they are.

To the Wardens/Gears
    Spoiler
    Show
    We would be intrested, but would also request that those who head out be allowed to invesitage other leads as well.
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

7. - Top - End - #127

Blackfist to the Technists

Spoiler
    Show
    "In that case, we will simply hold on to Tippest a bit longer, then. No payment, no delivery. I think the citizens like our support anyway.

What rumours, and what would the payment be for that? And why should we trust you to pay up?

To the Chosen [7]

Spoiler
    Show
    Certainly! Network away! We'll send some money your way for the installation, though we don't have much. If you need workers, recruit in Tippest, there's still unemployment there.

Incidentally... could the electricity be used as a defensive weapon? Would electrifying things like fences, doors or windows be possible? What about traps?

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

To the Blackfists
    Spoiler
    Show
    We're trying to track down something that a Man called Morvec left behind, or rather, his vaults. It's just that you are better at gathering and shifting through information then we are, so we were just wondering if you were intrested.

Or, you could patch things up with the sausage guild. We'll give the guns reguardless.
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

9. - Top - End - #129
    Troll in the Playground

Ram Revolution (D ESP 9)

Blackfists/Wren/Gears
    Spoiler
    Show

I can meet this turn.

Go Tigers!

10. - Top - End - #130
    Troll in the Playground

The Sausage Guild
    Def Esp 7

To the Champions of Sovereignty
    Spoiler
    Show
    If you really believe that clearing out warlords who are not directly threatening the city is more important than dealing with people willing to actually incite riots inside the city, then we probably can't change your decision. Bear in mind however that loyalty is a two way street.

To the Blackfist Brotherhood
    Spoiler
    Show
    We don't know why you would do such a thing. Perhaps because we are allied with King James for one. However quite a few of the men who incited the riots confessed to working under your orders. So we'd say it's not so much a matter of if you did it, but what convoluted rationalization took you down this path.

To the Wardens
    Spoiler
    Show
    Our proof is the words of the inciters themselves. We were able to capture several of the men behind the rioters and they all claimed to be working under the orders of the Blackfist. Admittedly their compatriots managed to rescue them when our forces on the scene were pushed back, so we no longer hold them prisoner for further interrogation, but the claim seems credible and consistent.

We would be willing to support Warden Exarn's claim to the prison. We have never been particularly impressed with the way that the Blackfist released throngs of unrepentant criminals on the streets of the city.

SGA (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Gear's Press
    We are willing to support the SGA in whatever is eventually decided on. However we would not be able to provide any actual troops if a more direct solution is required. At least not until this situation with the Blackfist is resolved.

SGA Projects
    In fact we will not be able to contribute to any projects materially until this situation is resolved. It is regrettable, but we simply must make sure that our current assets are protected before moving on to a new endeavor.

The Blackfists
    Spoiler
    Show
    In the privacy of this hall we will admit that our proof against the Blackfists is not solid. In fact it's downright shaky and quite likely a frame up, although a sloppy one. It consists of confessions that the members of the riots we managed to capture gave us. Ones that they started speaking almost before we asked any questions. And all those captives were subsequently lost when our guards were pushed back completely. We also have some paperwork implicating House Wallen, but it's even more circumstantial than the confessions.

We believe that someone was trying to fool us into attacking the Blackfists or Lord Wallen. Or possibly the aim was simply to get us to attack anyone so long as we attacked. I believe the intent was to use the riots in a similar manner to waving a red flag at a bull. With the intent that the Sausage Guild would go charging head long into battle. Then the next step would be to reveal another source as the cause of the riots, which would likely be another frame up, but one put together more carefully than the first. Not only would the Sausage Guild have weakened itself, but our credibility, and possibility the image of the whole SGA would be damaged.

They however have made a mistake if they believe that the Sausage Guild is composed of brutes who act first and think later. A common mistake admittedly as most do not see beyond the veneer of our butcher's aprons, but a mistake nonetheless. We will not go haring off into Runner's City after the Blackfist. After all we remember what we ourselves did when the Wardens were foolish enough to commit their entire army elsewhere. No we will contain these riots and we will investigate the true culprit. Once we have found them we will exact a vengeance on those who attempted to use. Not with a bloody rampage, but with the full force of the law. We will not let it be said that the Sausage Guild acted illegally when we finally act. And if the perpetrators refuse to submit, then and only then will we use the force of steel rather than words.

As to who actually committed it we have no solid suspects. The Wardens perhaps, we know they have been acquiring substantial numbers of agents, and as we said earlier if they could provoke us into sending all our forces elsewhere it would leave us open for a reversal of our attack on them. Perhaps King James whose possible reasons we will get to in a moment. And of course the Blackfist themselves are not out of the question. Framing yourself and then revealing the frame is a classic criminal misdirection to remove yourself as a suspect.

Now as to our actual plan we will need support to both prevent any additional agent provocateurs from inciting more riots and to investigate the true culprit. Since Andouir is not apparently a problem we think the SGA's agents can be redirected to this without leaving us open elsewhere. Although we understand if the Mercantile Guild wishes to deal with their own issue first.

We should note that if this enemy is trying to provoke us into an unthinking attack then we think it would be a good idea to keep them thinking that. As such we will continue to act as if we mean to attack the Blackfist in retaliation right up until the point where our forces don't move out.

King James
    Spoiler
    Show
    We would note that as much as the Blackfist are arrogant ruffians who probably need to be wiped out of the city they do have a point about King James. We have never seen him do anything to actually help us or another member of the SGA. If any of you have we are willing to hear it, but it is our opinion that King James is trying to promise everyone the moon and then keep it for himself.

Consider also the fact that he has refused us aid. Deeming actual rioting and a neighborhood burning down less important than dealing with a bunch of warlords who have never bothered the city, and in fact provide one of our principal sources of trade. Quite frankly whether he is behind the riots or not we believe his intention is to move his forces out of the city, wait for the fighting to commence in full, and then move back in when everyone else is weakened. Not only can he claim to be restoring order to the city, but everyone else will either be too weakened to fight him or to grateful for being reinforced to care, or both. As such we will not support anything that would help King James at this point until he actually shows himself to be willing to back his words with deeds.
    Last edited by ArcaneStomper; 2012-11-13 at 12:27 PM.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

SGA [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

[I think with our investment into Commerce Hall Security we can do double PMs]

Sausage Guild & Events [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

''I'm prepared to supply my agents or an equivalent assistance to finding the truth. I would recommend contacting Militia of Order and Justice as a neutral third party to assist with restoring order and verifying the findings of our agents.''

''I have trusted and spoke in support of King James, because he seemed to be able to keep the Wardens from attacking us. It was my sincere hope, that SGA and King could work together to rebuild Shattered Lands and his rejection of my honest offer was a bitter surprise. With the recent happenings and his lack of reaction, this trust has grown thin. I don’t know, if James supports the machinations against us, but he doesn’t condone them either. The Sausage Guild's words about promising us the moon and then keeping it... I must say I'm sceptical about democratic principles, but I have an open mind and that Parliment idea of Lord Wallen and Ram might have some merits. But King's refusal to compromise there seemed a little unreasonable to me. ''

''I would urge Sausage Guild to reconsider about providing [WEL] to the project to control the Illarym Empire’s trade. Wardens are one clear foe in front of us. They wish to destroy SGA and King James leash proved to be a thin string, instead of chain I hoped for. This is a perfectly legitimate way to strike against them, and it’s a strike they’ll have trouble countering.''

''I’ll need to hear others thoughts about the ways to deal with Gears situation, before advocating a course of action.''

Last edited by Thelonius; 2012-11-13 at 01:21 PM.
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

12. - Top - End - #132
    Bugbear in the Playground

Church of Neposh

To Ram Revolution, Militia Order of Justice (DESP7)
    Spoiler
    Show

The Men who are killed in the streets are assassins who were caught red handed killing civilians or Church/Militia soldiers and then chased to your people. They are using your influence in the area to hide and act like civilians, trying to bring our forces to arms against eachother. The Church/ Militia are more than capable of capturing and convicting the gang in the area. We would ask that for the next few turns you remove your people from the area so we can clear the reminants of the Gang without incident.

To Bloodhaven (DESP 7)
    Spoiler
    Show

Thank you for your concern, but I should be back on my feet in a month or so. One of the Anarchists got a good nife in my back. There is a small way you could assist. Could you ask the Ram to move out of Annosses until we have the area cleaned up. We are trying to track down the Empty Blood Gang and their group is accedently protecting gang members who are posing as civilians after their hit and run attacks. We know they mean well, but we have the situation under control.

To Evening Games Club/ Silver Blood Gentleman’s Association (DESP 7)
    Spoiler
    Show

We understand that some of your current sources of income have come under some problems of late. We are offering to let you relocate your factories to the Pews and Orn Torte, where workers are present, cheap, and do not persecute those who have higher stature.
    Last edited by HerbieRAI; 2012-11-13 at 01:26 PM.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Ram, Militia of Order & Justice, Church of Neposh [7]
    Spoiler
    Show

''Everybody knows that Militia of Order and Justice always keeps their word. If they promise to act in good faith, while your withdraw your men, you have nothing to fear.''

Militia of Order & Justice [7]
    Spoiler
    Show

''I'd like to inquire, if Militia could send some men to assist in restoring order to the Pepperstoch. As you know, there were rumors of blood magic and dark rituals. Those are completely false, and I believe Militia is the best suited to dispel them. The sooner order is restored, the sooner assistance can be brought to the people. If you require compensation or a service in return, the SGA will be prepared to arrange one.''

14. - Top - End - #134
    Troll in the Playground

Ram Revolution (D ESP 9)

Church of Neposh/Militia of Order and Justice
    Spoiler
    Show

Do you have any proof of these claims? For each of the civilians you killed? While I have no doubt that some, or even many of those you killed last month were criminals, if even one wasn't, then you and your men are murderers, just like those you were hunting. The Revolution will not stand by and allow innocent civilians to be killed. Capturing and trying your suspects will prevent this from happening, and you'll still get to kill them. We would even be willing to lend assistance, if you wish.

Go Tigers!

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

Order of the Wren [8]

To Ram, Blackfist [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    This time, once again, it is Lonecutter who greets the representatives of the Ram and Blackfist. "Gentlemen. An interesting month. The little jaunt into Pepperstoch worked, but some of our lads got caught, and before they got freed, claimed to be Blackfists. Not ideal. Not ideal at all, and I apologise for the miscommunication that caused that. "

"I reckon the Sausage Guild will be on the attack within the month. They don't know about our involvement, so they're sure to go for the Blackfist, if they come. Best prepare some surprises for them, no?"

"Personally, I like the idea of cutting the head off the snake. Take out Bloodhand. Between us, shouldn't be an overly hard job, and I have on good authority that the Wardens will lend us their Assassin to do the deed. Additionally, they plan to be harassing the Mercantile Guild, so he shouldn't be able to count on support from that particular ally."

"The King and the Nobles should stay out of things. Between us and the Wardens? I venture we'll have ourselves some cooked Sausages. All we have to do is prepare the oven."

16. - Top - End - #136
    Troll in the Playground

Ram Revolution (D ESP 9)

Blackfist/Wren (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

We can offer a military detachment, as well as the use of our paramilitary police force and some of our militia (a total of 6 MIL, 7 MOR, 1 MAG, the police [2 MIL/2 ESP] and Gen. Krodok.) in order to help hold off the Sausage guild while you take out Bloodhand. We would also be able to offer a small amount of help with the take down of Bloodhand, if needed (4 ESP), though we would prefer to have them for other plans this month.

Also, Blackfist, what happened to the prison deal last turn? I was under the impression that we had made a solid deal.

Go Tigers!

17. - Top - End - #137

To the Ram, Wren [PM]

Spoiler
    Show
    "Unexpected perhaps, that we would do this, but we recommend caution. There are enough false leads that the Sausage guild may not come after us. And we have an ace or two up our sleeves.
    By all means, let us plan for the worst. But we don't have to throw the first stone, in this war.

About the prison.... well, we still haven't had any word back about James actually accepting this, even though he told us so in the first round of talks. We first want actual word from the EBSA and James that they will accept the deal as proposed."
    Last edited by Eldan; 2012-11-13 at 01:56 PM.

18. - Top - End - #138

Church of Neposh

To Militia Order of Justice/ Ram Revolution (DESP 7)
    Spoiler
    Show

That is what we are telling you. This is a war against a group that kills for joy that is currently in progress. They currently kill civilians at every oppurtunity. We, and I'm sure the Militia Order is right along with us, can assure you that we are not causing the death of any innocents.

Again, your assistance is thanked, but isn't nessicary. We would prefer your men leave the area for the next month to keep this kind of misscomunication from happening.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Troll in the Playground

Ram Revolution (D ESP 9)

Blackfist/Wren (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

"I don't suppose you'll clue us in on these "aces"? I do agree with you that we should not launch the first overt strike. Let James and Bloodhand soil their good name by officially throwing the city into civil war. But planning will prevent us from being destroyed off hand, before we can manage to strike back."

Church of Neposh/Militia of Order and Justice
    Spoiler
    Show

The Revolution holds property in Annosus, in the form of a small cafe, commonly referred to as the "freedom arches". If you give us your word that it will remain our property, and that our people will be offered safe passage there and back to our territory, we will agree to back out. Don't think this means we won't continue to watch out for the people of the city though. Be sure your only taking out the criminals.

Blackfist/EBSA/King James
    Spoiler
    Show

Is everyone involved in agreement with the prison deal we started last month? James and the Fist don't try to kill each other, I take over the prison, where the verdict and punishment for each case is decided by a jury chosen from the city at large, and advised by a judge provided by the EBSA, should they wish it?

Go Tigers!

20. - Top - End - #140

Speaker for the Houses to Gear's Chosen (8)
    Spoiler
    Show

A most suitable arrangement. As they are only to be used as trainers, I am sure the Houses of Laheim will agree to the proposed change in price. I will see them to your door as soon as is possible.

SGA (GM PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

In answer to Thel's questions:

1) Indeed, though you also discovered that no one had attempted to infiltrate your proceedings.

2) I do not believe so, no, so long as what you're doing with it does not come to the attention of some of the more radical lords in the Chamber of Nobles. The merchant-princes of the Water do similar things all the time.

Thelonius (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

1) The old roads and the standing stones are the more common structures associated with Talidor, as well as various other massive architectural projects--Longspeak Tower, the cistern in Orn Demati, etc. A general respect for specific locations has endured as well, as seen in the Orn/Sav prefixes.

2) 8 WEL.

3) The lake is largely seen as belonging to the nobility, while the river is used for trade and industry. Both are of course important to the city, it being bound by their paths.

Shipwright's Guild to Wardens (4)
    Spoiler
    Show

Certainly, sir. It will be good to have some business on our own, apart from the Mercantile's Guild.

Gatekeeper's Guard to Wardens (6)
    Spoiler
    Show

We'll see what we can do. Our men have signed on to patrol Milanus, but I am sure we can find some volunteers if we offer a small bonus for the time spent in Drydock.

??? to Wren (8)
    Spoiler
    Show

Sir,

Any time after noon this coming Thursday would suit, at the Merdallan place on Embassy Row. Understand, I more wish to learn what your compatriots in the Guilds mean for my work here, and believe I will find in you more genteel conversation than among their number.

Regards,
    Sir Terrance Leon, of the House of Andouir

Shipwright's Guild to SGA (4)
    Spoiler
    Show

In regards to the recent announcement by Doctor Vassari, I am afraid that the good Doctor is in error. We have not left the Sovereign Guilds Association, and indeed never intend to; we merely thought it best for the future of our guild to begin working beyond the structure of the Mercantile's Guild, as we had not been receiving much work under the auspices of that organization. Already, we have begun arranging new orders with new clients while working on our own, leading many withing the guild, as well as me personally, to believe that it was the right decision to make. I am sure that an organization dedicated to working for the independence and rightful sovereignty of the Guilds will not begrudge us our new direction.

Imperial Trade Ministry to Wardens (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

Such measures are already common tactics for this Ministry. Thank you for the warning: we will keep a wary eye on the situation, and make any response necessary.

Regards,
    Trade Minister Moth

Evening Games Club/Silver Blood Gentlemen's Association to Church of Neposh (7)
    Spoiler
    Show

Hm. An interesting proposal, sir, and one not without merit; yet, also not one without its own host of problems.

Militia of Order and Justice to Doctor Vassari (7)
    Spoiler
    Show

Under normal circumstances, we would be glad to assist: however, in this one, I am afraid we must see to the ending of Empty Blood first. Aside from that, I believe the territory is currently disputed by the Wardens, and I see no merit in getting into a dispute with them over so trivial an issue.

Gerald Neilson to SGA (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

Good day, sirs. I understand that you requested my presence for some discussion?
    Last edited by Zemalac; 2012-11-13 at 03:43 PM.
    Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ran: Boundless Isles
    IC
    OOC

Sixth Nexus: THE VIGIL

Total War: Cape City
    Spoiler
    Show

LOCKWOOD-COBAN AUGMENTED INDUSTRIES

Total War: Serillia
    Spoiler
    Show

The Crimson

Ran: Broken City
    First IC Thread
    First OOC Thread

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

The Order of the Wren

To ??? [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Wren makes his visit at the agreed upon time, travelling alone, though with a blade at his side. Once beckoned inside, he removes his cloak and face coverings, showing his true face.

It is fairly unremarkable. Grey eyes, faint red patches underneath them the mark of Redeyes poisons. A strong chin. Brown hair, cut short, somewhat unevenly. His expression is unreadable as he greets his host. "Good afternoon. As a courtesy to you, Sir, I have not hidden my face. However, I must ask. You knew of my identity - How?"

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

SGA to Shipwrights [4]
    Spoiler
    Show

''Well the issue here, is that you’ve joined SGA as part of the Mercantile Guild, not independently*. As such you’ll need to apply for membership once more.''

''I’m rather surprised with your explanation – was Mercantile Guild preventing you from taking independent contracts? I’d have assumed that within the Mercantile Guild structure, you’d have more jobs, from their contacts with merchants [Trait]. Your decision to invite Wardens, to protect your territory, is also a bit puzzling, considering their reputation. If you were in need of protection, you could have petitioned SGA to either form an independent watch or extend protection of one of our watch organizations.''

''You know, that there is a certain bad blood between Wardens and SGA, due to their opposition to trade and desire to crush any power structure, capable of threatening their dominance. If they extend their control to the river fleets, they’ll be able to eliminate trade, they deem undesirable and place a sword to the Mercantile’s Guild throat. So you can see how this issue is rather sensitive to SGA.''

[*If I’m mistaken and Shipwrights Guild applied to join SGA separately, then of course the issue is moot.]
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2012-11-13 at 04:41 PM.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

Wren/Ram/Fist
    Spoiler
    Show
    We can attend as well

To Wren/Ram/Fist (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

The Ice Elf Joshua represents the Chosen.
    When it comes to defense, I'm afraid some projects of our own and the need to protect the Press limit the amount we can commit. But I can offer [4 Mil] and the Gilded Pyramid to help defend the Blackfist.

The offensive operation is completely and utterly beyond our means to help with I'm afraid. Subtlety is really not our thing.

Oh, and just to keep thing somewhat private, the defensive measures possible with the Celestial network are...well lets say that our idea's were rather less subtle then yours. You see, there are vents designed to shoot off any excess energy in the event of a surge. It would be perfectly possible to create such a condition purposefully in a local area in order to activate a vent. that is, to flood somewhere with lightning and fry everyone there. As I said, we are not a subtle faith.

Technists/Wardens
    Spoiler
    Show
    Are we expected to provide our own guards? If so, I'm afraid current tensions in the city make it impractical for us to go. If not, Van Ryan himself will go accompanied by some Incanters and Designers.

We must also second the request of the Technist guild.

To Wren, Blackfist
    Spoiler
    Show
    Regarding electrification, it would be 4 wealth to power and provide light and heat for a neighborhood. We can partially pay for it, providing 1 Wel and reducing your cost to three. Since we only really need the manpower, this can be paid in morale as well.

Thanks to the Technists Guild, fires are now much less common.

To Technist Guild
    Spoiler
    Show
    Little Veras works just as well.

To Sausage Guild
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm afraid our research last turn was rather inconclusive. However, in order to reduce current tensions and act as a toke of good will, if you can link up to Little Veras with your tunnels we'd be happy to provide you with a electrical font for only the initial payment of [2 Wel]
    Spoiler
    Show

played the Space Pope in Total War 2125
    ..and the Papal States of Luna in Total War 2260

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

The Champions of Sovereignty:

To the Sausage Guild: [5]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Okay. Let's hear your proof. If it's convincing, I'll give you my full military support."
    Last edited by razovor; 2012-11-13 at 05:00 PM.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

SGA/Gerard Neilsen [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

''I and my fellow Guild Leaders are glad to meet you Mr. Neilson. We’d like to discuss several business issues with you.''

''First, in a conversation we once had, you expressed a desire to have an operating Aeroyard in Sav Altulus. Well, we have one now. I hope it would make things much more convenient for you*.''

''Second, I would like to reassure you, that SGA supports trade. I realize your college, MecLochire had run into some difficulties, due to Wardens, but we’ll make sure the same won’t extend to affect your own shipments.''

''Third, I believe of organization, dedicated to promotion of trade and craftsmanship could be a good business partner to your organization. We’d be interested to cooperate and provide support for your ventures.''

''Now, our interests are simple. We wish to establish a flow of trade to feed the factories of the Smokeyards and we wish to preserve our organization, against those who would destroy it, as well as destroying trade of this city or making it much more difficult for honest merchants, such as you. Your knowledge of the Warlords would be a great asset in this. I realize, how valuable your time is, but we are not without resources to provide compensation.''

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

The Order of the Wren

To the Gears Chosen [8]
    Spoiler
    Show
    There will be no need for your subsidy. I can pay my part in it's entirety. I would suggest not wiring up Castaways for the time being, however. The buildings are...close, and wooden. Being slums. I would fear for the whole neighbourhood. When I have the time and resources, I will see them rebuilt in stone.

When that time comes, I will gladly see your wires reach them. Until then, some of the more sturdily built neighbourhoods under my control can use your assistance.

27. - Top - End - #147

Blackfist/Chosen/Ram/Wren [PM]

Spoiler
    Show

The Thumb, the Blackfist's General and greatest fighter takes the stage.
    "Perfect. Currently, we are in peace talks with the Sausage Guild. They claim to be willing to make peace, but I do not believe it. They demand payment without making any guarantees. And payment that we will not deliver. Specifically, attacks on our own allies. Provoking riots in their territories, the way we did in theirs. Of course, this can not happen.

However, the Littlefinger will use these talks to delay them long enough to give us time for preparation.

Together, our troops outnumber theirs by a good deal, our intelligence indicates that. Furthermore, our agents are so much better than theirs that they will be fighting blind. They will be fighting across several neutral districts, in our territory. We have the Wild Mages on our side, trained Guerilla troops, the support of the population and the home advantage. We can defeat them.

Now, the Index, our scholar has prepared several plans for simple electric traps. In essence, we want ot use the Celestial network, if it can be expanded to our territories this turn, to build simple electrical traps. Electrified tripwires and doorhandles should be easily enough possible, he tells me. Flooding tunnels, corridors and doorways with electrified saltwater should be possible as well. Could we hope on the Chosen's support in setting this up?

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

Wren/Ram/Gear/Fist (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Joshua nods somewhat hesitantly While we'd be happy to provide our technical support and the use of the network itself, there is the issue of cost. We have prior commitments to the Technists guild we must honour, although we may get some recompense form that depending on how things work out.

Regardless, the traps themselves are easy, although I still don't see the problem with just flooding any streets or tunnels they advance down with arcs of lightning. We were hoping to do some work on a battery of some kind this month, but we can put the resources into that as well. The Problem is, what neighborhoods do you want electrified, and how much can you contribute?

Also, we have an industrial press, what are we going to use it for?

To Wren
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wonderful. given the..problematic nature of All Gods Hallow, perhaps The Tragic Court this month?
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

29. - Top - End - #149

Wrenchosen Ramfist [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Ah, yes. Certainly. We can provide money [2 t.wealth] and manpower [8 morale]. Would that help?
    We think that the advantage of traps over large-scale electrifiying would be twofold. One, we can lure enemies into traps. Two, our own troops are more adapted to hit and run fighting on a small scale, not battles out in the streets."

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

Order of the Chosen of the Revolutionary Brotherhood (PM)+ GM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Assuming that you don't really care for the amenities like lighting and heat to be immediate, and since Tippest and the Underdocks are already wired, that should be enough to wire everything but Downline. And Van Ryan was quite clear that none of us are ever going back into Downline after last time.

I'll have to get back to you about the cost of developing and implementing the traps.

GM: How much would developing and implementing the traps he mentioned cost?
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp