New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Total War: Broken City, Book 2

Merdallan Meetings (Wren, PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

The man known to Sav Altulas as the Andouir is shorter than one might expect of a knight, and more wiry than bulky. His dark blond hair is cropped short, so to better fit inside a helmet, and the lines of his face are as hard and brittle as ice.

His voice, when he speaks, is entirely different than his appearance, warm and deep. "Indeed, good day to you as well," he says. "Your question, though abrupt, is certainly to the point, and with an answer that can be easily found: I attended one of your speeches. In the, ah, Castaways, is it? Whatever they call the damp hole where you live now. A far cry from your past life, to be sure, but while in that rough crowd I recognized a certain manner with similarities to an address given to the Chamber, many years ago." He stops, abruptly, and examines the Wren more closely. "The years since then have used you ill, it seems," he says. "But no matter. I have not invited you here to speak of royal politics, but rather of this disreputable city in which I now find myself. Specifically, I wish to speak of your guilds, and their spy-men who have been trying so blatantly to find what I am about." He is glowering, now. "What they desire, I cannot hazard a guess, save to send me to an early grave from lack of sleep when my men interrupt my rest with fresh reports."

Shipwright's Guild to Doctor Vassari/SGA (4)
    Spoiler
    Show

Ah, once again, sir, I am afraid you are mistaken. We were not part of the Mercantile's Guild structure at the time that the SGA was formed, and while we were not one of the founding members we did join shortly thereafter, along with the Bookbinders. I'm not entirely sure what the issue is here.

As for your specific questions regarding our decision, all I can say is that our last major client was the Mercantile's Guild, creating their merchant fleet for them, which as anyone can note has yet to see use, having simply rested in the Tethys for the past few months. We expected further contracts from their merchant contacts as well, but since such contracts ended up not forthcoming, we decided it might be best if we went our own way. As we were separating from the Guild's hierarchy, we could not expect the protection of the Guild's guards, and as we have no practical police force of our own, we determined that employing the nearby Wardens to preserve law and order would be the best course of action.

Gerald Neilson to SGA (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

"Indeed?" Neilson's bland expression fades into something approaching interest. "An aeroyard? That is grand news indeed, sir, and if I could be given a tour of the facilities I would greatly appreciate it. My employer's operation in the city, I understand, has been using the river, so we have not had any issues with your Wardens, but if there is an aeroyard..." He pauses for a moment, fingers flicking idly against his leg as he does sums in his head. "Excellent news," is all he says in the end. "Now, as for your business proposal, I suppose I could offer some advice, if only as recompense for the service you have done me by providing access to your city from the air. You must bear in mind, however, that conflict in the Shattered Lands is not so bad for my business as you might think." This last is delivered with a wry, self-depreciating smile.
    Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ran: Boundless Isles
    IC
    OOC

Sixth Nexus: THE VIGIL

Total War: Cape City
    Spoiler
    Show

LOCKWOOD-COBAN AUGMENTED INDUSTRIES

Total War: Serillia
    Spoiler
    Show

The Crimson

Ran: Broken City
    First IC Thread
    First OOC Thread

2. - Top - End - #152
    Colossus in the Playground

Blackfist to Chosen et al [PM]

Spoiler
    Show
    "Our primary plan for the press was to take on the EBSA with Operation Paperflood. That will have to wait for a while now, for obvious reasons."
    Resident Vancian Apologist

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

To the Group in need of a snappy name (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, we have it and we might as well use it. Anyone need any pamphlets or newletters mass-produced?
    Spoiler
    Show

played the Space Pope in Total War 2125
    ..and the Papal States of Luna in Total War 2260

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

Merdallan Meeting [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Edward Sallen smiles. "I see. My apologies for my curt introduction, but my anonymity is important to me, at this moment. As for the Guilds.. I am not their ally. The Good Doctor, Vassari, is a personal friend of mine, and I have been taking an interest in this matter for one reason"

"What does the Kingdom want here in Sav Altulas? You still serve your Duke, I assume. I would be scandalised to see an Andouir otherwise employed. All the Guilds want to know is your business. If my intelligence is correct, you disrupted trade to the Illarym. But you have been supporting efforts to move into the Shattered Lands, and other such moves. "

"Vassari has a pet theory. He believes you are trying to make the city a threat to the Illarym. Strengthen us, but stop us from developing ties with the Empire. Then, you cause war between us, to weaken the Illarym, and strengthen the position of Merdallan. Is he far off? "

5. - Top - End - #155
    Troll in the Playground

Ram Revolution (D ESP 9)

Chosen Wren Ramfists (PM):
    Spoiler
    Show

"Other than plans for the defense in case of attack, is there anything else we need to discuss at this meeting?"

Go Tigers!

6. - Top - End - #156

Gear's Chosen (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

Well, you already have them rigged up to spray lightning at random through the streets, so turning that into traps doesn't require much further work. Just the addition of triggers, mainly.

A Merdallan Meeting (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

Sir Leon is quiet for a moment. "I see," he says at last. "Your friend the Doctor is more astute than I had hoped. Indeed, he is very close to the mark, closer than I would have thought possible. Is this all that they desired, these Guilds? To determine what I was doing in this wretched city?" He sighs. "If I had not thought they would be opposed to my goals, I should have told them myself. All this skulking about, it is undignified, even if in the end it should advance my lord's grand plan."
    Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

IC
    OOC

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

The Crimson

First IC Thread
    First OOC Thread

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground

A Merdallan Meeting [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Of course, if your plans were counter to the interests of the city, they would oppose you. Indeed, I cannot countenance this plan as it is. But our aims are not so dissimilar. "

"I will not bore you with details, but I intend to take this city into my own hands. I would build it up, much like you have. But I would make it strong. Strong from trade with Merdallan, but also strong from trade with the Illarym. I would have Sav Altulas unified under one ruler, as Merdallan should be, and will have it stand as an ally of the Kingdom. An ally, though. Not a pawn to be sacrificed. As for the Guilds themselves... I do not think you will have to worry about the Guilds for much longer. "
    Last edited by Imperial Psycho; 2012-11-13 at 07:03 PM.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackRam WrenGear (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, if we're going to be having these monthly, maybe formalize things a bit? Something like the Guild Hall might be a worthwhile investment.

Beyond that, the traps shouldn't be a problem to set up with the manpower the Blackfists have put at our disposal.

So the question remains, anyone want to use the Press for anything? At the moment we can't really spare the manpower to write anything inflammatory or insightful.

As well, would anyone be interested in investing in a weapons program? We've been doing some side work on portable lightning casters, as man-portable weapons to sweep streets and clear buildings.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

The Champions of Sovereignty:

To the Orcs of Gregoria
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Any troubles settling into Tregon?"

"Also, we'll hopefully going out into the shattered lands again this month. One thing we're keen to do now is secure land and resources for you. I understand if you're not ready to help yet. Either way, is there anywhere you particularly want us to explore?"

To the Humans of Gregoria [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ambrose leaves the city to meet with the Humans of Gregoria again.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

SGA/Gerard Neilson [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

[Okay, I switched from my Kill-All mode, and can think rationally again.]

1. Illrarym Trade Plot is a lot harder to pull off, then I first anticipated, mostly because we don’t have anywhere to direct the Empire’s Trade from Spicer’s Circle. Don’t say Underground.

2. We might be getting more profits with summer from there, if we keep the trade route operational. Most people haven’t realized, it’s in place.

3. Mercantile Guild… You have a fully operational, armed, merchant fleet that just sits in the river?

Gerard Neilson

''I understand, that you don’t mind the current environment in the Shattered Lands. Wardens and Champions are intent on changing it quickly, while we are prepared to work within existing framework and foster gradual change. And gradual change can be accounted for and factored into business model. For example, a lot of small clients, turning into one larger one, would make logistics easier.''

''Depending on how things develop, Sav Altulus may require a considerable amount of your goods, and the more trade, the deeper our pockets would be in that time. Let me just say, there are certain developments that should eventually result in a business boom for you at some point in the future.''

''We are interested in increasing our trade with Agia Lonecutter. We have an armed river merchant fleet for such venture and death of Redeye could play into our favour. Do you know anything that can help us secure a lucrative agreement? I’m also personally interested in Orn Demati. Would you know anything about the situation there?''

''Any other Warlord, that can prove to be a reasonable good trading partner?''

Drydocks, SGA/Zemalac [Fluff-PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

''So…''

''Yes, sir. Mercantile Guild’s Mighty Merchant Fleet. It was built for trade, capable of carrying cargo from one side of Tethyr River to the other, faster than any other ship, currently in water. And those state of the art mortars would give any would-be pirate a run for his money. We are just waiting for orders to set sail.''

''And how long, have you been waiting for orders?’’ Vassari was choking on words.''

''Four months, since November, Sir. I... I think we've been forgotten.''

''I see.'' Vasari's stare could turn a man to stone at that point. The next word he spoke was indecipherable Shattered Lands slang.

SGA/Shipwrights Guild [4]
    Spoiler
    Show

''Ah, I apologise. Of course, you are part of SGA and thus not under such threat. And as part of the SGA, perhaps you would consider accepting a SGA funded watch? Wardens are efficient in hunting down crime, but they are also ruthless and brutal in their methods. And you realize that they’d be running Drydocks under their own laws, which are not exactly your own. Their hatred of Warlords would mean you wouldn’t be able to get any contracts from that area and the way they operate, you will be answering to them, not the other way around.''

''A SGA Watch however would be answerable to you, and although its final authority would be SGA itself, you can expect us to always act in the interest of our members.''
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

11. - Top - End - #161
    Troll in the Playground

Wardens to Technists and Gear's Chosen
    Spoiler
    Show

Well, if you cannot provide your own guards then we are currently unable to set up an expedition due to the unrest in the city.

As for being able to pursue your own lines of inquiry, no-one is stopping you - the Shattered Lands are wide open. But my men will not follow you as you wander around, and in such a case you will have to make your own way.

Wardens to Sausage Guild
    Spoiler
    Show

May I confirm I understood you correctly. Your only evidence is that a set of captives you luckily caught in an operation that took you by surprise and defeated you soundly told you that they were working for the Blackfists, then were immediately freed before any sort of real investigation could take place?

I'm sorry, but that is not enough for us to wage war upon people who have done us no wrong. The Blackfists are a force for instability and chaos in the city, and I would like to see them removed eventually, but to me it looks like here they have most likely been framed, and I refuse to do the dirty work of true criminals for them.

If I am wrong and it is them, then I apologize.

Wardens to Gatekeeper's Guard
    Spoiler
    Show

Thank you. You are good, honourable men that I am proud to be associated with.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

SGA (Medico Guild) to ESBA/Bookbinders [7]
    Spoiler
    Show

''I would like to know, what the law says about the actions of Gears Chosen, in violation of the monopoly. Can members of Gear's Chosen be fined or jailed, if they refuse to follow it? Or jailed, if they refuse to pay the fine?''

[What's the Prison status? Do we need to construct a temporary one?]
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2012-11-13 at 07:53 PM.
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Mercantile's Guild

SGA/Shipwrights
    Spoiler
    Show
    looking to the rep from the shipwrights guild, the old man responsible for representing the Mercantile's interests at these meetings just sighed and said "i believe you are misinformed...why, just this last month, these very same ships delivered the payment for the recent Blackpowder Weapons...they have also participated in several other expeditions..."

[atleast thats what i mentioned in my EoT whenever i was shipping money. mainly as fluff but it was there nonetheless. during my war with Wardens they even had orders to bombard their supply lines if they deemed it helpful to the situation.

i believe thats how my Merchant Marine trait got added to that battle.]

SGA[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Drydocks
    i will wait before making any plans regarding the shipwrights and the Drydock...i dont believe i want to antagonize the Wardens quite yet, although that day isnt far away if they keep this up...

King James
    i agree that King James is clearly attempting to play everyone against eachother for his own gain, but we cant let him manipulate us...

Blackfists/other projects
    we need to show that we are not pushovers willing to serve as everyones money bag for nothing in return...as such we will support the Sausage Guild in their investigation...again, we shall wait before pledging any amount of resources though.

i would also like to reiterate the desire for a military buildup to put on a show of force and further prove we will not stand for anyone threatening our interests...

to GM/SGA[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    is there a market for Meralldon wine in the empire?

also, Wardens mentioned something about massive war machines being deployed against them...could my warlord contacts trait provide me with more details on them?

Technists Guild: i think you should help the Wardens examine these machines. but instead of looking for weak points, you should instead figure out the best way to develop these things...

14. - Top - End - #164
    Troll in the Playground

Ram Revolution [D ESP 9]

Ramfist Chosen Wren (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

Where should we meet? I have an empty parliament building, but somehow I doubt that the fists and wren will appreciate the symbolism.
    Last edited by ForzaFiori; 2012-11-13 at 08:11 PM.

Go Tigers!

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

SGA [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

1. I think the main issue is that the merchant marina wasn’t doing any actual trading, which seems to be a waste. Is it capable of carrying out trade? I’d like to set up a trade route to Agia Lonecutter.

2. Okay. Let’s not antagonize Wardens, especially with all that Blackfists business, stabbing us in the back. However, I’ll try to get them to accept SGA Watch. This way we may lose them, but Wardens don’t gain them.

3. Can you provide 6 WEL to Exchange? And invest in Merdallan Wine trading with Market Guard of Little Zanchar? We can ship it to Illarym and Agia Lonecutter. She needs to repopulate her kingdom’s ruling class and Wine would greatly expedite that process. Also shipping other stuff.

4. A military build-up… We’ll need to consider how to do it, there are several ways to organize it.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Barbarian in the Playground

bloodhaven

Spoiler
    Show
    May I inquire as to their nature?
    [OOC]: realpolitik just gives me a passive bonus to dealing with political events, I think. I assume it's something of that sort.
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show
    TW: Broken City

Lord Founder needs no pants to face the beasts of the world, to descend into the darkest pits of the Earth and ascend above the divine clouds!
    TW: Cape City

TW: Supers!
    Image to come

TW: Dystopia
    Peoples Syndicalist Federation of China

Buy my music here

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Mercantile's Guild

to Technists Guild/GearsChosen
    Spoiler
    Show
    Technists: can you confrm you did indeed fix the wiring of the Celestial network? just a precaution you understand, since i am not on the best of terms with the Gears...hopefully that can be put behind us though...

SGA[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    1. i would certainly hope my fleet is capable of carrying trade goods. thats what it was originally developed for, despite it being needed elsewhere.

2. i agree with the SGA watch proposal. commisioning ships actually netted me some influence last time so i may eventually couple that with just a bit of ESP and bring them back into the fold.

3. i will see what i can do about the wine and the exchange...

4. ormaybe an espionage buildup...i was considering that at one point in time.
    Last edited by oblivion6; 2012-11-13 at 10:03 PM.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

To United Rabblerousers of Sav Atlus(PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fair enough. I don't suppose the Palace is available either, regardless of how magnificent the irony would be.

To Bookbinders (8)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Given the futility and needless destruction of open conflict, may I present a peaceable offer regarding our current Press? In essence, we would be willing to hand over control of the press to you giving the following three conditions.

1. The Press stays in Factories South and continues to be used, it is a holy Incarnation and must fulfill its purpose. We would have no problems per se with it being moved, but that's obviously rather impractical, especially since it is electrically powered.

2. Those Chose Initiates capable of operating the Press are granted the status of Journeymen in the Guild, in order to not render their valuable training useless. I'm sure you'll want to keep an eye on anyone with the training regardless, yes? .

3. We have two (2) months to print various forms and books for private interests who helped fun the press. We give our most solemn oath, which we are willing to back up with any magic you care to name, that none of these are intended for widespread distribution or public consumption.

In exchange, after two months, we would turn full operation of the Press in Factories South over to your own Guild-certified agents.

If you reject this sensible and well considered offer, and pressure your allies in the SGA into war, I must give you a warning. Should you direct forces to destroy us and all our work, we will retaliate We have the ability to mass produce hand presses, and if you are determined to cast us into dust we will spread them to every madman, demagogue and revolutionary in the city Let us be clear, we want to reach a civilized and diplomatic solution, but we won't die quietly.
    Last edited by puppyavenger; 2012-11-13 at 11:48 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

19. - Top - End - #169

A Merdallan Meeting (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

"Mm. Good. I do not pretend to know why you have made this city your home, and have such grand plans with it in mind; but I will not dispute that it benefits me and mine. See to your guilds, your one ruler and the strength of your city, and as for the rest, well, we shall see."

Rhodarner to Champions (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

Welcome back, Ambrose. A grand service you have done us, sir, a grand service indeed, though I am now finding myself short on labor with the absence of the orcs.

Gerald Neilson to SGA (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

"Mmm. Lonecutter. I wish you the best of luck with that one," Neilson says. "You may find her in Demati, yes, and the only advice I can give you is not to irritate her soothsayers, as her family in general and her in particular put much stock in their omens."

Shipwright's Guild to SGA (4)
    Spoiler
    Show

Nonsense, sir! We have already acquired a lucrative contract from the very corner that you say from which none will be forthcoming. As for your other suggestion, that of a Guild-sponsored watch, it is not without merit; but as we have already petitioned to the Wardens for their services, and would not want to play the scrub by rescinding our invitation, I am afraid we may want to table that discussion for a moment. Certainly it will be an option if we prove dissatisfied with Warden patrols, but we are bringing them on to apprehend criminals and protect the drydocks from arson and other vandalism, things which the Guild does not of course engage in. I am sure we will have no issues with them.

oblivion/SGA (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

Merdallan wine: Yes, but less so than elsewhere, since the Empire and the Kingdom dislike each other so much.

War Machines: Most likely the work of one Brother Told, an exiled former member of the Monks of the Ascension. He works with the Stone Wolves upon occasion.

Bookbinder's Guild to Gear's Chosen (8)
    Spoiler
    Show

Are you entirely certain that the press cannot be moved? We are indeed inclined to accept your offer, except that the press being in the Smokeyards makes things more difficult. Our location in Blacksgage gives us ready access to the University, Sky district and the banks of Gilded, all of whom are most likely to use our services; meanwhile, your few blocks of factories border the illiterate poor of Runner's City, the busy working-men of the Smokeyards and the degenerates of the Untima, none of whom require material printed in the normal course of events.
    Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

IC
    OOC

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

The Crimson

First IC Thread
    First OOC Thread

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Mercantile's Guild

SGA[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    okay, after that display, i feel inclined to level the entire Drydock area to the ground...

[in all seriousmess, i think we should divert some ESP to put some distance between Shipwrights and Wardens...]

i propose we try to convince this Brother Told to work for us...could be useful ifpush comes to shove...

GM/SGA[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    War Machines:
    Oh joy...Stone Wolves...didnt i kill their leader a while back? filthy brute of a man. his warg was probably cleaner than him...

this Brother Told character...why was he exiled from the monks? selling secrets perhaps? could my Warlord contacts arrange a meeting? what kind of man is he? and finally, would he work for someone else if they payed him more than warlords?

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

To Bookbinders Guild
    Spoiler
    Show

Assuming that you are willing to cover the ,fairly substantial, costs involved in moving the Press, there are two main problems. First of all is the fact that the Press is electrically powered, the first complex mechanism so powered in all of creation. As the Celestial Network only extends through the Smokeyards and Runners City, we cannot commit to reaching Mewlings with it for at least four or five months, possibly more if the situation in the city boils over. At the same time, such an innovation requires fairly constant upkeep and adjustments, which I presume would be somewhat unwelcome in Mewlings.

If I may suggest a solution, perhaps move the printing of the Standard to Factories South? Wit the reopening of the University much more of your resources will obviously be committed to printing academic and scholarly texts. The newspaper, meanwhile, has always been rather more plebeian in character then most of your other works, being intended for mass consumption. So why not firmly separate them?
    Last edited by puppyavenger; 2012-11-14 at 01:55 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

To Blackfist, EBSA, and Ram [5]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "We would redirect that question to the EBSA,"

"EBSA, are you satisfied suspected criminals will be tried fairly?"

To Rhodarner: [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Unsurprising. It will take a long time to recover, but such struggles improve the spirit of a nation."

"I'd like to talk about improving relations between our peoples. Firstly, I'd like to open trade between our peoples, and secondly, I'd like to propose the construction of a Gregorian embassy in Sav Altulas to facilitate further discussions."
    Last edited by razovor; 2012-11-14 at 03:55 AM.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

SGA/Zemalac [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

[Just a reminder – only people with Commerce Hall Trait can view these PMs. Those who joined SGA, but didn’t build a guildhall in Guild’s Row simply don’t have a prerequisite trait]

Mercantile Guild-Wardens

It is my belief, that Wardens have simply bribed the Shipwrights Guild into joining them. If you seek to recover it, I advise hiring House Laurier negotiators. Their silver tounges could prove invaluable.

I also believe that we should take a neighborhood or two from the Wardens in retaliation, the same way they took Drydocks. I ask SGA members to support this measure with this:

[REP], if possible [WEL]
    Sav Altulas Metro Trait
    Trade Route to Illarym Empire

We control the safest route to Illarym Empire, which gives us a certain edge in negotiations.

Zemalac:

1. What neighborhoods in Spicer’s Circle depend on trade with Illarym Empire? If no NPC is listed there, can we still negotiate with merchants in general?

2. Do we need to beat Wardens ESP to conduct secret negotiations?

Agia Lonecutter

Mercantile Guild - can you contact Agia Lonecutter with your Warlord Contact and see, if she would be amendable to increasing trade between us, as well as making sure she doesn't mistake our merchant flotilla for an pirate fleet.

I believe a cooperation with Wren would be possible in this issue.

SGA Projects

I realize the need to focus on security, but I believe a certain project can help us. I propose to sponsor research in Intelligent Birds in the Daimot University. This would both improve our communications and give us unique observers. They would also prove invaluable in support roles for the Airships or marine fleets.

[Either MAG or WEL, 1-2 points from each member].

Wren/Mercantile Guild [4]
    Spoiler
    Show

The SGA is interested in expanding our trade with Agia Lonecutter. I was wondering if you could assist with negotiations [Legendary Hunt Trait]. The better trade gets, the more jobs for the people in the Runner's City, as the factories increase their production.

ESBA, Militia of Order & Justice, Ansigiries, Blackspell Watch, Ram’s Police [5]
    Spoiler
    Show

''I was wondering, if it would be possible to organize cooperation between your watch organizations, using the ESBA field offices. An establishment of city wide ’’Wanted Criminals’’ list, information exchange, cooperation and benefiting from each other’s experience.''

''This way, a criminal fleeing Gilded, could be captured in the Old Town and if rouge Mage strikes, the anti-magic of Blackspell Watch could assist or Law Magic of Militia of Order and Justice.''

Bookbinders Guild [7]
    Spoiler
    Show

''We’d like to inform you that, the Daimot University might be making a considerable order on books. We would of course appreciate the assistance of your proof-readers. Can you keep us informed about the state of negotiations with the Gears – whether they remain a problem to be dealt with or you’ve come to an understanding.''

ESGE & Lord Wallen [4]
    Spoiler
    Show

''People have being fearing the dark, jumping from every shadow recently. I believe it’s our duty to reassure the citizenry, that Sav Altulus is a safe city. I intend to support Blackspell Watch in making a sweep of the Blackgage District of dark magic and demonic creatures. Could you aid this operation as well, with you guards? Or perhaps make a similar sweep in the Sky District?''

''I’m uncertain about it, but would you be interested in extending Blackspell Watch jurisdiction to the Sky District? If you are interested, the Blackspell Watch would need to be expanded, so they can handle such responsibility.''

Board of Education [ESGE, Church of Neposh] [PM, MOR-Based]
    Spoiler
    Show

ESGE

''The party in question have helped us in fighting the MU in the Blackgage District. Not Blackfists.''

''They are interested in certain smuggling operations in the Sky District. If you could assist them [4 MOR]*, they can provide the same service for Daimot [4 WEL]*.''

*MOR is generally less flexible, then WEL, having only 50% efficiency for most actions, so the deal is good.

Soul of Talidor

''Members of the Board. What was Talidor? A mercantile kingdom? A center of religion? A place of learning and knowledge? A powerful military state? Who were its heroes? Who were its villains? Can any of you answer those questions? No. The centuries have passed and, until only pale shadows of the memories remained.''

''What is a man without past? Without roots and ties? A tumbleweed blowing on the wind. Can there be a house without foundation? No. Sav Altulus is a broken city. So what would be the first step to mend it, if not start from the beginning? What was Talidor? What was Sav Altulus? Those questions must be answered, before we can ask, what can it be now?''

''I propose for us to restore the history of Talidor and Sav Altulus, and then bring it to the people. We must tell them, who they were. Who they can be. More than nobles, merchants, priests and commoners, but citizens of a proud, ancient nation. History is the soul of the nation.''

''And we would need to make decisions. The past is like a broken mirror with thousands of reflections. Which accounts to believe, how to interpret the dry facts, on which accomplishments are significant and which are not? We won’t be twisting history to suit our needs, but there is going to be a wide room for interpretation. And in the end, the Soul we’ll restore, will guide Talidor. We are not merely restoring history; we are directing its course. A heavy responsibility.''

[If you are interested in this project:]

[We have Library Trait, Halls of the Dead and Realpolitic to make the history lessons more relevant to current time – create a wave of patriotism.][/I]

[We might consider assistance of Lord Wallen (support of nobles & plus access to their archives), ESBA (access to their records and their field offices can distribute books) and Ram (their public education system to teach history to masses)]

[I see several books – a book for academics, a book for educated and wealthy (nobility & merchants), an educational material for schools, a small book for priests teaching reading and writing to the poor (they don’t have much time to teach, before those kids are off to work in factories) and leaflets with interesting facts to be distributed with newspapers (a mix of entertainment and education, to capture interest of general public)]
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2012-11-14 at 07:08 AM.

24. - Top - End - #174

Church of Neposh

To Ram/ Militia Order of Justice (DESP 7)
    Spoiler
    Show

Thank you, we will post guards at your property to make sure it doesn't get damaged.

To Evening Games Club/Silver Blood Gentlemen's Association (DESP 7)
    Spoiler
    Show

Obstacles come with every endeavor. If you provide funding and bring some of your men to help get factories in the Pews off the ground, we can provide 2 MOR and 3 MAG to help get things productive.

To Board of Education (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

There have been quite a few empires in the past, why have you taken such a connection with Talidor? Is there something that happened to Talidor that hasn't happened since, or perhaps it has some link to present time?
    Last edited by HerbieRAI; 2012-11-14 at 08:28 AM.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Board of Education [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Mostly, it’s because Sav Altulus was capital of Talidor*.

(Or a major city, but I'm pretty sure it's the Capital).

26. - Top - End - #176

NinjaGuy

SGA [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "The Mason's Guild will colabotare with any measures needed to stop this crisis."

To DOC VASSARI
    Spoiler
    Show
    I have requested legal watch status for my troopers, thinking in precisely that.
    I disagree in the expansion of Blackspell Watch. they have a specific training, and they should stay in the magical district, without straining to protect other parts of the city.

I would be interested in training my men to prepare them to encounter magical problems,

TO EBSA
    Spoiler
    Show
    You have not responded to a previous letter, It must have gotten lost in the way.
    Could the Wallen Troopers attain Watch status for the Sky District?

They have been guarding the streets for a while, and are experienced and honorable.

We would deliver all caught criminals directly to the Field Office in the district where the criminal was caught; and transfer custody and evidence to you for trial and sentence.

You would be free to use your forces elsewhere. I am ready to retrain my men to make them suitable watchmen if you feel it's necessary to do so.

To Council
    Spoiler
    Show
    Is it convenient to start talks? With the last things that have been happening, somehow it seems pointless.

27. - Top - End - #177

ESGE

Bloodhaven (from Julius Lance)
    Spoiler
    Show
    No, I believe it is unnecessary for the Blackspell watch to infringe upon tge territory of my Blackjack Boys. We have the area well in hand.

Board of Education [pm]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, I'll have to put you into contact with lord StigBalathad about that. As for the History of Talidor, I believe this is definitely a worthwile endeavor.

Bloodhaven (From StigBalathad)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ben, I mean Lord Founder put you up to this, didn't he? I've told him I've pur that behind me. Absolutely not! I will not be supporting smuggling through Sky, not after... oh, nevermind. At least, not without knowing more about what is being smuggled... no, perhaps not even then. t
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show

Lord Founder needs no pants to face the beasts of the world, to descend into the darkest pits of the Earth and ascend above the divine clouds!

Image to come

Buy my music here

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

To the Esoteric Society of Gentleman Explorers
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I'm planning some more exploration in the shattered lands. Would you like to join me?"

To House Wallen
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Do you have any spare men? The bandits outside the city are starting to wear away my forces."

To House Laurier
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Greetings. I have two things to ask;"

"Firstly, how much would it cost to buy a full set of proper Merdellan Steel blades for my soldiers?"

"Secondly, do you have any spare men? Trade's starting to get a bit better, as we clear away the nearby raiders, but there's still a lot of work that needs to be done."

29. - Top - End - #179

ESGE

champions
    Spoiler
    Show
    Absolutely!
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show

Image to come

Buy my music here

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

The EBSA

House Wallen
    Spoiler
    Show
    We easily accept the Wallen guardsmen as official watchmen. All they need to be trained in is correct documentation- it isn't enough to dump a criminal at the doorstep with only a watchman's word against his own- the watchman must have evidence, whether documented witnesses or actual physical evidence.

Sausage Guild
    Spoiler
    Show
    vandalism- must repay an item, or community service to fix it.
    assault- For a brawl? A light fine. For a deadly attack, a heavy fine and prison, possibly execution if murderous intent is proved.
    slander- a light fine
    libel- a light fine
    forgery- A heavy fine and prison sentence
    impersonation of an officer- An officer of the law leads to a heavy fine, and prison time or execution depending on the motive.
    incitement to riot- Usually a large fine and prison sentence.

Why?

Bookbinders Guild
    Spoiler
    Show
    We will do what we can through the law first, and we shall let you know if they will follow the law peacefully.

Gears Chosen
    Spoiler
    Show
    We have been asked by the law-abiding members of the BookBinders guild to issue a cease and desist order on your printing press. Hand the press over, and you shall be compensated for its destruction, or prepare for a full criminal investigation.

SGA
    Spoiler
    Show
    We have been asked by the Bookbinders guild to give a cease and desist order for their printing press. Do we have SGA support in actually punishing the Chosen (confiscating the press, enforcing fines) if they do not follow the law willingly?

Blackfist, Ram, and Champions
    Spoiler
    Show
    It will lengthen the process, bog it down in needless lessons, and create an inefficiency that I strongly believe is a large part of the Blackfists reasoning- but it should be fair (at least as so far as every jury being just as uneducated in law and precedent as the last).

There was a compromise brought forth that suggested that the judges be able to set a range of the punishment, and the juries take that from there. This would take less legal weight off the juries shoulders, while also keeping the power in their hands.
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph