New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Total War: Broken City, Book 2

Wardens to Sausage Guild
    Spoiler
    Show

We would swear to not move into Pepperstoch until the allotted time or in any other way act to impede your investigation, and to not attempt any sort of subterfuge against your agents.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

SGA[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wardens, Chosen and Blackfists
    [i dont know what we will do about the whole printing press incident, since GM has not responded yet.]

The Guild plans to split its assets between helping you defend, retaking Drydocks and perhaps stealing other areas from the Wardens depending on how things go...

expect atleast 2 ESP or so to help you. normally i would offer all of it to you but i refuse to let the Wardens get too comfortable in the Drydocks and plan to do something about it. they are sending in a company of the Gatekeepers Guard to patrol the area. cant say i have ever heard of them...in other words i will see what i can do depending on if i find it possible to retake Drydock.

i just had another idea regarding a way to help me in Drydock. you can read my message to the Shipwrights and the subsequent message to GM. my goal is to take the neighbourhood outright but plan B is just eliminating any real hold the Wardens have over the area

plan C is of course torching the area...(to be avoided at all costs)

Infrastructure

[I support turning the Hall into a Symbol of Authority.]

[i have the firearms but we need to improve the factories infrastructure so we can produce them.]

to Shipwrights Guild
    Spoiler
    Show
    We of course realize that armed soldiers are not welcome, but in order to promote peace between us, would you be willing to accept a team of my engineers? they are well-trained and could help improve your ships.

to GM
    Spoiler
    Show
    sending Sorenson and the rest of my engineers from the Gear to help the Shipwrights would give me some influence over them correct? this would of course be coupled with WEL and ESP among other things.

would i need to contend with the Wardens morale or just the Shipwrights? i understand there is whatever stats Murska put towards this but i think morale could be the deciding factor here.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Stigbalbalathad [4]
    Spoiler
    Show

I respect personal choice. If a man in a late age, choses to endanger his life in reckless adventures, should I, as Doctor force him to stay at home with his loving wife? No. It’s that man’s personal choice and as it doesn’t harm others, what right do I have to interfere with it? I can however, do my best to lessen the negative consequences of person’s choices. And in case of recreational substances, a more reliable supplier from Elfwatch, which I know to maintain standards and class, would be a safer option.

Lord Wallen [6]
    Spoiler
    Show

Two things. You persuade the nobles*, that they can do better with a different supplier of the recreational substances. And should a Sky Watch be formed, well, they let people to have their hobbies, if they don’t hurt anybody.

[*Checked with Zemalac – MOR action. Do note that MOR gives only 50% returns in most actions, so it’s less useful then other stats in growth. I’ll arrange for either compensation or favor owed.]

SGA [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Monopoly: if Bookbinders and Gears reach no compromise, we declare Gears as wanted men – subject to paying fines or jail, should they fail to pay those fines. Between SGA and neighbourhoods, that respect ESBA law, we’ll have a considerable part of the city barred to them. If this doesn’t work, we’ll think of a more direct approach. Hopefully, by that time the situation with Pepperstoch attack would be resolved and we’ll have a free hand to act.

Wardens: if Mercantile Guild is in favour and there are no objections, we’ll make an offer to a neighbourhood under Wardens control to come under our protection, just as it happened with the Shipwrights. And as the Guild said…

Pepperstoch: Sausage Guild determines our response, which I believe is currently investing [ESP] into finding the truth and protecting against new espionage attacks.
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

SGA[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    i agree with the solution to the Gears-Chosen. the EBSA has already offered its support.

i will of course support the SGA in persuading a Warden neighburhood to join us...i am happy as long as the Wardens walk away a little bit weaker...

5. - Top - End - #215
    Barbarian in the Playground

NinjaGuy

To Dwimmercant Families [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Madame Beteoui sat down in her hall. The Dwimmercant representative had arrived not long ago.

After the proper introduction, she asked him something directly.

"We have had the most interesting proposal from Doctor Vassari. He wishes to colaborate and create a Watch, to better control crime around the neighbourhods. He would want that Watch to be... Let's say blind when regarding certain minor crimes."

She paused.

"He has proposed to make the nobles change their suppliers of... Recreational substances.

You have always been a great trader and an honorable noble, and now you are one of the most respected Party Members. How would you feel about such a proposal?

I believe it would be a good idea to keep the supplier the nobles always had, as long as he is a friend of us. Then, it would be better to have the Watch turn a blind eye about HIS actions, don't you think?

By the way, you wouldn't know if the Nobles of the Old families use this substances, right?"

6. - Top - End - #216
    Bugbear in the Playground

oblivion6/SGA (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

Brother Told: You could indeed arrange to meet him with Warlord Contacts. As for the rest, you'll have to learn that for yourself.

Bookbinder's Guild to Gear's Chosen (8)
    Spoiler
    Show

While your proposal has some merit, I do not believe it is truly a practical one, if only because the editorial staff that manages the Standard must remain in Mewlings so as to keep in close contact with the rest of the Guild. Moving the entire production of the Standard to the factories district, therefore, would be unwise. However, using your press to create the Lower City's portion of the broadsheet is not a bad suggestion, and I believe at the very least a trial run is in order to determine how effective that might be.

Rhodarner to Champions (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

"The embassy I can see to easily, so long as certain orcs now living under the auspices of your city don't run into my ambassador too often. Trade may be more difficult, simply because the orcs were the labor force in Gregoria. Replacing them, and thereby acquiring something worth trading, may take some time."

Bookbinder's Guild to Doctor Vassari (7)
    Spoiler
    Show

Of course, sir. The Chosen, currently, have put forth the proposal that we take control of their press in Factories South and use it to print copies of the Sav Altulas Standard and other broadsheets for the Lower City, a proposal that I cannot say is without merit. I believe we may have come to an understanding, though I do hope to find some way of expressing that this sort of defiance of Guild monopoly is entirely unacceptable.

Vassari/SGA (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

In response to these questions:

1) Mainly Imperial First, but to a lesser extent the entire district.

2) Yes.

Evening Games Club/Silver Blood Gentlemen's Association to Church of Neposh (7)
    Spoiler
    Show

Well, we'll see what we can do. At the very least it'll be better than throwing good money after bad into Blackfist territory.

Bookbinder's Guild to EBSA (15)
    Spoiler
    Show

If possible, I think we may wish to settle this issue with the Chosen outside of court.

Imperial Contacts to Wardens (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

Thank you for alerting us to Royal agents in your city. We will send someone to investigate the matter.

As for your request for equipment and trainers, we can spare the former but not the latter at present time.

Verdan Contacts to Wardens (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

Not all that expensive at all, I expect. Utilizing them may be more difficult--barring extreme strength, most find it much easier to mount dragon guns and the like on swivels, to be used as defensive emplacements or on ships. Your infantry force may have more difficulty with them.

Gerald Neilson to SGA (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

"Indeed, I have heard of the Wardens leaving the city once more, though I hadn't heard of the Stone Wolves yet. I imagine they will push outward successfully for another month or two, before getting bogged down as the rest of the minor warlords and despots around here band together. It will certainly be good for business, either way."

"As for methods of communication, there are as many as there are artificers. However, I should note that Verdan is a small island, and most of the people on it are either in Veras, the Ascension Monastery, or are natives who distrust technology. There is not, I fear, much understanding of the sort of distance which exists in the Shattered Lands and elsewhere. If you want something that can deliver messages to someone else in the city, quickly and efficiently, that can certainly be arranged; but elsewhere, I am afraid that a lack of a need for innovation in Veras has sadly left us lacking in some matters."

Mine-Lords to Wardens (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

The response from the mine-lords is mixed. Some immediately cede, some respond insultingly, some attempt to kill the messengers. Some don't respond at all, either out of fear, defiance, or because they're too busy cramming their saddlebags with as much gold as will fit.

The Conductor to Sausage Guild (7)
    Spoiler
    Show

suCh a tHInG WOUlD Be uSEFuL tO Me, tO BE SuRE. veRy usEFUl......,i. I AmGlad yOU BRouGHT THE IdEA tO MY attention, and of course I am interested in the project.

House Wallen/Sausage Guild (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

RE: Andouir: Read your EoT again more carefully, Arcane. He did not ask for Lord Wallen.

I wonder who else it might be?

Shipwright's Guild to Mercantile's Guild (4)
    Spoiler
    Show

Sir, with all due respect, your engineers are men trained for land-based issues. We, meanwhile, have worked for a good long while on our ship designs. Frankly, I doubt your men could have anything to lend to our discussions, though I hate to be so blunt.

Dwimmercant to Madame Beteoui (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

The Dwimmercant representative accepted a cup of tea before responding.

"I see no reason to change our arrangements in who supplies us with, as you say, certain substances," he said, amusement tinging his tone. "And I greatly respect your coming to us before proceeding with such a plan. Undue change in such matters has a tendency to bring them to the attention of those who might otherwise have passed by in blissful ignorance. To use a metaphor that one of the Fisher houses as yourself might better understand, this is a boat that I do not feel is in particular need of rocking. And I must say, no watch, no matter what the good Doctor says, is going to do anything but turn a blind eye to certain things in Sky District." His smile did not quite reach beyond his mouth. "One of the benefits of holding a patent of nobility, I suppose."
    Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ran: Boundless Isles
    IC
    OOC

Sixth Nexus: THE VIGIL

Total War: Cape City
    Spoiler
    Show

LOCKWOOD-COBAN AUGMENTED INDUSTRIES

Total War: Serillia
    Spoiler
    Show

The Crimson

Ran: Broken City
    First IC Thread
    First OOC Thread

7. - Top - End - #217
    Troll in the Playground

SGA
    Spoiler
    Show
    So to be clear I am going to be working on the Security Grid, working to actually secure myself with hopefully some SGA agents, and work on the infrastructure for the Commerce House.

Also does anyone know a Lord Sallen?

To the Conductor
    Spoiler
    Show
    Excellent then we shall begin at once. Now as we said we intend to start with a Grid under Gilded that will detect humans and perhaps animals since living things are our area of expertise. Do you have any ideas of how we can tag non living objects. We believe we once heard that you were able to do so with coins.

8. - Top - End - #218

NinjaGuy

To Dwimmercant Families [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Of course, of course". Madame Beteoui smiled. She knew what to do next.

"I believe we will go on with the good Doctor's proposal of a combined watch.

It will look good, and give us more power in the long run, specially if we get to name the Commander.

Except we will make sure we are the ones pulling the strings around here, as always. We intend to have the Watch turn just one eye blind. We will make sure it's the one pointing to our friends, of course.

The other one will remain forever vigilant, and even more than before, now that we know that our friends are not the only fish in this particular barrel.

On other matters, you have not responded to one of my last questions.

Do you think we would be able to gain leverage on some of the older families by the knowledge of their... Consumption of these substances? Perhaps make them better supporters of our opinions?

Of course there would be something in it for you. I'd love to be able to buy you a Mansion in Risen Court."

To SGA
    Spoiler
    Show
    I will be colaborating for the Network, then.

To doctor Vassari
    Spoiler
    Show
    While we agree on the subject of Police colaboration and small, private crimes, it would not be convenient to alter the balance of forces in this matter.

The Nobles are already the most healthy sector of town; there is nothing wrong with their products.
    I thank you for your concern. I believe that we should reach a legal decission to legalize certain substances, to take all tha hassle away from the guard.

In those matters; I'd like to propose Ser Wallenstein as Commander of the Sky Watch.

OOC: Do I need to invest anything to create the Watch?

To Board of Education and Zemalac
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Greetings. My family bussiness and my duties to the City and the Party have prevented me from following what has been one of my dreams: Getting my second degree in Magic.

Now I see an oportunity for that: I offer to pay 3 Wealth for my scholarship; and my services to organize a Student's comitee to improve camaraderie amongst them, and create the kind of critical thinking and teacher-student feedback that is vital for the well-being of educational institutions as our venerable Daimot University.

Sincerely, Lord Henry Wallen
    (Third Class Mage*)"

*It would be a basic Magic degree.
    OOC: Lord Wallen goes back to the classroom to level up. I would use up his action for 3 turns, paying 3 wealth per turn.

In exchange, Lord Wallen would level up and research specific spells (That would be between me and Zem, if I'm accepted)
    Last edited by Ragnar Lodbroke; 2012-11-15 at 11:12 PM.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground

Gear's Chosen (8)

To Bookbinders
    Spoiler
    Show
    That sounds like an excellent compromise, and we would be happy to accept your offer. If we're printing the papers so much closer to the lower city ,we might also have the opportunity to sift through more stories of local interest, properly screened of course. At the moment we are somewhat disturbed by the consolidation and spread of those outfits dedicated to spreading foul poisons and opiates through the city.
    Spoiler
    Show

played the Space Pope in Total War 2125
    ..and the Papal States of Luna in Total War 2260

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light

10. - Top - End - #220
    Troll in the Playground

Zemalac
    Spoiler
    Show

I intend to use the dragon guns with three-man weapon crews. One man carries the gun, another the mount and a third the ammunition. If one man is killed, the ammo is split between the others. When a threat is detected, they set up the gun, with a loader, spotter and gunner, and open fire from behind the cover of friendly infantry. Would this work?
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Board of Education/Lord Wallen [PM-ish, I won't be spending my MOR every turn for it...]
    Spoiler
    Show

Daimot Budget:

I request 2 WEL allocation for printing of Talidor History Books. I will shift 2 MAG to teaching bright students, like Lord Wallen, arts of magic.

History of Talidor

I also request Lord Wallen's assistance in reconstruction of the History of Talidor. If the nobles of Sky District could provide access to their private libraries or share the histories of their families, it would be of great assistance to rediscovering the heritage of Sav Altulus.

Bookbinders Guild/ESBA [7]
    Spoiler
    Show

I'm glad to hear that your issues with the Gear's Chosen are resolved.

Ah. Well, I believe people will see the reason, why SGA strictly enforces monopolies soon enough. Soon enough indeed.

SGA [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

''It appears the conflict between Bookbinders and Gear's Chosen is resolved.''

''However, there is a certain loose end, that I plan to deal with personally. If any of you are doing any joint projects with Gear's Chosen, I advise that you delay them, until the situation is resolved.''

Lord Wallen & ESGE [4]
    Spoiler
    Show

I withdraw my proposal then, as it appears it’s unwelcome.
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

12. - Top - End - #222

ESGE

Board of ed. To Wallen
    Spoiler
    Show
    If I could have access to your previous education records, we will take you into consideration. I have no doubt that you will be elegible, however it is a matter of formality, you see.

Champions of sovreignity
    Spoiler
    Show
    Many thanks. Indeed, we will travel with limited personal guard, and others. It depends on the spesific expedition, though.

Bloodhaven
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ah, well that is another matter entirely. It would do well to advocate a more safe alternitive. However, I am afraid I cannot be seen to take money from smugglers to support the college. You understand it would be a public relations nightmare.
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show
    TW: Broken City

Lord Founder needs no pants to face the beasts of the world, to descend into the darkest pits of the Earth and ascend above the divine clouds!
    TW: Cape City

TW: Supers!
    Image to come

TW: Dystopia
    Peoples Syndicalist Federation of China

Buy my music here

13. - Top - End - #223
    Troll in the Playground

Ram Revolution (D ESP 9)

RamFistWrenGear (pm)
    Spoiler
    Show

So, do we have any actions that are actually taking place this turn? Do I need to hold my forces in reserve, just in case, or am I free to use them for other projects?

Go Tigers!

14. - Top - End - #224
    Colossus in the Playground

Ramfistgearwren [PM]

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC:
    Indeed we do. The Sausage Guild does not want to negotiate, they are making ridiculous demands. Therefore, the Wren and I have decided to pool our espionage (and, hopefully yours). We are sending 1 point of military to the Sausage guild as a first round of consolation. As part of that 1 point, we are also sending a good deal of double agents, so for that, we want to use as much espionage as possible.

I say we should use as much as possible of the rest of our resources to prepare for war.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackRamGearWren
    Spoiler
    Show

Well, as I said, I can contribute 3 Mil and the Gilded Pyramid this turn. I'm also working on a few projects that will hopefully greatly boost my troops efficiency over the next few months.

Oh, by the way, I've come to an agreement with the bookbinders guild. I've got two months of free use of the Press, then it will be used to Print the Sav Atlus Standard's editions for the Lower City. As well, they've promised to induct all those who work and operate the Press as Journeymen into the Guild. I trust the opportunities are somewhat obvious?
    Spoiler
    Show

played the Space Pope in Total War 2125
    ..and the Papal States of Luna in Total War 2260

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light

16. - Top - End - #226
    Troll in the Playground

To the Wardens
    Spoiler
    Show
    Very well then we will swear to hand our control of Pepperstoch over in two months time, and not to attempt to subvert that control, if you will swear not to move into Pepperstoch until the allotted time or in any other way act to impede our investigation, and to not attempt any sort of subterfuge against our agents.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Dwarf in the Playground

Orc Uprising from Gregoria
    (Def.Esp.5)

While most of the Orcs were toiling to make Tregon their new home, a considerable group of them was instead exploring the fabled city of Sav Altulas. Mostly they started conversing with local Orcs, finding out more how the life here is like and the various everyday rules, bussiness ettiquette and other things one would have to consider when living in a new and unknown society. They did not get beyond the first district much this month though.
    During one of the walks Krien Roadhand grabbed one of those "Sav Altulas Standard" pamphlets everyone was reading. After a concentrated reading and a quick laugh he handed the pamphlet to his companion Dor.
    "You've gotta read this. We're in their news!"

To GM:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I don't know how much scouting I am actually allowed to do in this round beyond the bridge, but if I do get to scout, please tell me what I find out, assuming I only explore the Stacks and taking my negative trait into account. My Orcs are especially looking on how the city Orcs make their lives in the various neighbourhoods of Stacks and will probably converse with quite a few of them. I am also expecting to hear who has say in this area and how they are seen by the people, especially after the lecture of Sav Altulan politics by Ambrose.

Also I don't know if it is warranted to post more info about my negative trait. It is something others would be aware of after all.

Bookbinder's Guild:
    (Def.Esp.?)
    Spoiler
    Show
    To: Bookbinder's Guild

I saw that Sav Altulas Standard and you seem quite informed about the city's day to day happenings. If there are any older versions of the Standard, could you send a copy of them over to Tregon?

To Bloodhaven Hospital:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dear Doctor Morden Vassari.
    We have heared only good things about you, although no one told us you were a member of the Guilds too. We would first like to settle in a bit before we start buying and selling on such a scale. Having our own clinic outside of the city sounds interesting, but where would you find enough people that actually want to work with us back in Tregon?
    Don't be discouraged but give us some time.

Brigwa Stonecutter, Krien Roadhand

To Wardens:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The houses in Tregon seem to be in quite a good shape, but we may take up your offer if we need more space.
    There are still some things we will have to discuss with the rulers of the city before pledging ourselves to it's defence. For now expect us to do what we can to keep us and the city safe.

To Champions of Sovereignty:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "We are ready to help your efforts and do our part in defending the city. Especially if you want to give us our own land.
    There are a few conditions, however. [Brigwa hands the Champion's representant the letter they recieved from the Wardens.] Tregon is declared autonomous and under permanent Orcish rule. Any adjacent farm and forest land can be freely used by us. Tributes will only be asked if we are also granted the freedom of conducting our own bussiness in the city and are officially accepted as equal citizen of Sav Altulas.
    I know that you may still not have the full authority for all this, so maybe we should also make sure that the council accepts all that. How about we visit it next month and you speak on our behalf? We would of course send our warriors with you as long as you accept our conditions."

To Ram Revolution:
    Spoiler
    Show
    We already heared of your Revolution. Not all we heared was good. But what you say interests me and we are all more then willing to hear from your side of the conflict for ruling the city.

To all SGA (answering Technists question):
    (Def.Esp.4)
    Spoiler
    Show
    I don't know how much some of us are skilled in the finer arts, but each one of us knows how to work and is probably more enduring than any elf or human labourer. We have farmers, miners, hunters, lumberjacks, guards, fishermen, builders, water carriers and pretty much any other jobs that bring you the raw materials for goods.
    But could you tell us more about the Sovereign Guilds Association and it's inner workings? Also we heared that one of your members is the United Alliance of Labor. We have no idea though what exactly they do and if we will have to negotiate with them first about things concerning labor. We don't want to get into a debacle like the one with the presses I read about in the Standard.
    Looking forward to hear from you.
    Krien Roadhand

To Official City Council:
    (Def.Esp.4? Or is it open to the whole city?)
    Spoiler
    Show
    We want to inform you that we were officially invited into Sav Altulas by King James himself and that we will be settling in the village of Tregon to the east. We hope to be accepted as equal and free citizen by you.

Signed by the Orc Council in Tregon:
    BS, DB, [a few zigzag scribbles], KR & various smaller scribles underneath from elders and ex-overseers.

{OOC: All my posted backround can be treated as in character knowledge}
    Last edited by Rafinius; 2012-11-16 at 11:37 AM.

Current Status: Awake

Total War Factions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Co-GM of Imperial City.

Shards of War: The Caliphate of Ethiopa. Faithful inheritor of Kherans godly empire.

Broken City: Orc Uprising. Liberated Orcs that want to build a new life at the outskirts of Sav Altulas.

Voyage: Free Folk - Green Star. Your friendly neighbourhood anarchist pirate community.

[Defunct]
    Warhammer 40k: Gronarks Band. Kunning Blood Axe Warband.

GMT +2

18. - Top - End - #228

Blackfist to the Orcs [?]

Spoiler
    Show
    "The Ram may have some strnage ideas, but overall, there is only one line being drawn in this city. Between the people and James, who would be our king.
    Read his promises. He is willing to promise everything to everyone, and then not give anything to them when they have delivered. He promises a democracy, but one where he would rule supreme and the population would have nothing to say.
    On the other hand, some want to help the population to achieve what you orcs actually have. The strength to take their own freedom, and to regulate their own affairs. Is that not a noble goal?

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

The Champions of Sovereignty:

To the Orcs of Gregoria:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Those conditions are acceptable to me. I will sign to their effect now if you wish, though you are right that I do not have the authority to speak for much of the city."

"You should bring the matter to the council. I am confident they will accept you, and will gladly speak in your favour if necessary."

- King James I

To the Blackfist:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Blackfist, would you please not lie to our new Orc neighbours?."
    Last edited by razovor; 2012-11-16 at 12:06 PM.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Bugbear in the Playground

School Board/ Lord Wallen (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

I will assist with the history this month. While we do not have funds to donate, we will search through the Bleak Cathedral and we will have our priests looking through books. (5 MAG worth)

Also Lord Wallen, We would be honored to have you in our school. If you need any training in Healing or Enchantment, the churches priests will be glad to assist.

EDIT to Gears Chosen
    Spoiler
    Show

We would like it, but we do not have the finances to pay for such a service. We are currently working on that and we will revist the proposition in a few months.
    Last edited by HerbieRAI; 2012-11-16 at 02:19 PM.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Troll in the Playground

Ram Revolution (D ESP 9)

RamFistGearWren (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

We can contribute 4 ESP to the double agent tactic. It's all we have left after starting the police force's investigation unit. We will also keep much of our available military available for defense, should it be needed.

Orcs of Gregoria
    Spoiler
    Show

Excellent. I am glad to hear that you are not easily influenced by others, but prefer to make your own judgements. General Krodok, leader of the Revolutionary Army, will come by your town next month for talks, assuming the city doesn't burst into civil war before then. I would come myself, but pressing business in the city will likely keep my tied up here for some time.

-The Ram

Go Tigers!

22. - Top - End - #232

The Blackfist

"Dear James.

We have never lied to anyone.

Sincerely,
    The Blackfist."

23. - Top - End - #233
    Troll in the Playground

To the University Board
    Spoiler
    Show
    Notice:
    Since no one has informed us of any projects we will direct our archivists to continue working on the library. (The mag I control.)

(Guess who is on the University Board, but not the Education Board where everyone is talking in PMs.)

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Orks of Gregoria [7]
    Spoiler
    Show

It’s a policy of Bloodhaven to turn away no one in need. You can make arrangements with the Education Board of the Daimot University to be accepted to the Medical Faculty, to obtain your own professionals. This will require tuition payment, but you’ll have your own doctors. I personally have certain sway with the Doctors of Sav Altulus and I believe, it would be possible to convince them to work with you.

Candlelight Gala at Daimot University

Lord Founder, Lord Wallen, Davan Eldermoss and Chrine Blizzardmarch are cordially invited to Candlight Gala at the Daimot University.

This event is dedicated the Blackspell Watch and its generous supporters.

[Invitation is for fluff, no need to use VIPs]

25. - Top - End - #235
    Troll in the Playground

To the Blackfists
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your representative appears to have gone comatose. We are concerned for her health. Do you wish for us to send for a doctor.

(poke poke )

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Education Board/Sausage Guild [PM/MOR]
    Spoiler
    Show

''Actually, I believe I have a better proposition. My Mages are currently studying the Wards, Desoui used in her Palace. They would allow creating an environment without decay or pests. Just imagine the possibilities – a meat, that doesn't go rotten, eaten by rats or spoil for as long as a ward is active.''

''My own use of wards would be in the medicine, as sterile environment would be invaluable in hospitals.''

''As for your membership, the Sausage Guild’s blood mages are rather famous. I’ll await for ESGE’s opinion on the matter.''
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2012-11-16 at 02:48 PM.

27. - Top - End - #237

To the Sausage Guild

Spoiler
    Show
    "I'm not deaf, sonny. Just gimme a second, will you? These old bones don't work as they used to.
    Well, it just does not look like the Warden's style to me, you know? They would stomp in with their soldiers, not start a riot."

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ogre in the Playground

The Order of the Wren [8]

To Mercantile Guild/Bloodhaven [4]
    Spoiler
    Show
    It is my regret to be forced to decline your offer. At least for this month.

Blackfist, Ram, Gears Chosen [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    My military will be on hand in case of attack. More importantly, my men will assist in preparing the ground. The Prison in particular should be fortified, and preparations made to deal with Sausage Guild Tunnellers.

To Orcs of Gregoria [5]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings, Orcs of Tregon.

I am delighted to see the plan I suggested come to fruition. I believe the solution was best for all. Gregoria keeps its homeland, you gain your freedom.

I write this letter with no agenda, simply to wish you welcome, and warn you to be careful not to believe everything you hear in this city.

I will be watching your progress closely, and hope to your people thrive in Sav Altulas.

The Wren

Merdallan Meeting [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Indeed. A government friendly to the Kingdom will benefit us all. I hope I can count on you for some assistance, if it is needed?"
    The Wren waves away any response, continuing to speak.
    "A final question, if I may. The organisation known as the Ram Revolution. They have been in contact with a secret ally, who offered them an opening with which to assassinate the King. Yours are the only messages in this city I cannot easily identify, so I must ask. Are you this mysterious ally?"
    Last edited by Imperial Psycho; 2012-11-16 at 03:31 PM.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Troll in the Playground

To the Blackfists
    Spoiler
    Show
    If you say so.

Very well then. The terms are acceptable to us. A gift of [1 Mil] and we will swear to find the true villains who attempted to set both of us up for conflict. We are sure you are as eager to bring them to justice as we are.
    Last edited by ArcaneStomper; 2012-11-16 at 03:35 PM.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Dwarf in the Playground

Orc Uprising to Blackfist Brotherhood [5]:
    Spoiler
    Show
    It is such. When it is actually warranted. Of what I know King James still does not actually rule the city. So it may be early to decide to have him removed already. Shouldn't we first see if he is truly so oppresive as you suggest? In any case, we will keep your warnings in mind.

Orc Uprising to King James I [5]:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Expect General Brownshield to join you in the conquest then.

Orc Uprising to Ram Revolution [5]:
    Spoiler
    Show
    We happily expect the general and will provide for him as long as he stays.

Orc Uprising to Bloodhaven Hospital [5]:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I do not know if we can afford a full tuition or if any in our number are educated enough to become studied doctors. We would prefer something like an apprenticeship for some of our people to learn the basics of your arts and the underlying magics. Maybe we could negotiate a small field clinic to be opened here in the future with Orcs working under two or three of your doctors to both help and learn at the best of their ability. How much money would you ask for that?

Orc Uprising to the Wren /Champions of Sovereignty [5]:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your plan? We hear of you for the first time and don't know what you mean. We thank you for your good welcome, but would still like to know what you are speaking about.

To Sir Ambrose: Could you explain?

Current Status: Awake

Total War Factions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Co-GM of Imperial City.

Shards of War: The Caliphate of Ethiopa. Faithful inheritor of Kherans godly empire.

Broken City: Orc Uprising. Liberated Orcs that want to build a new life at the outskirts of Sav Altulas.

Voyage: Free Folk - Green Star. Your friendly neighbourhood anarchist pirate community.

[Defunct]
    Warhammer 40k: Gronarks Band. Kunning Blood Axe Warband.

GMT +2