Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Total War: Broken City, Book 2

Order of the Wren [8]

Orcs of Gregoria [5]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Simple. I suggested the scheme which saw you take yourselves from Gregoria to Tregon, to the King. I consider the King a personal friend, but I also act in an advisory role when I am able.

As for myself. I am not overly important in and of myself. Do you know of the killer Redeye? He was known throughout the continent as a madman and a murderer. If I have some small notoriety, it is in the slaying of Redeye.

I hope I have not caused undue confusion.

The Wren.
    Last edited by Imperial Psycho; 2012-11-16 at 03:44 PM.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Troll in the Playground

Ram Revolution

WrenFistGearRam (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

An excellent point. We will see to fortifying the Prison this month, provided the deal where we take control of it goes through. If anyone wishes to offer assistance, it would be appreciated. If the blackfists remain in control, it is their choice to fortify or not, though we will provide aid if they choose to.

Go Tigers!

3. - Top - End - #243
    Troll in the Playground

Wardens to Sausage Guild
    Spoiler
    Show

Let it be so. We swear to uphold this agreement on the honour of the Warden Order and the names of our Founders.

Wardens to Gregorian Orcs
    Spoiler
    Show

That is as much as we can wish for, of course. Hopefully you will be able to settle down without trouble.

We have a long history with the Shattered Lands and know your kind to be hardy and, more importantly, reliable - a rare trait in these gods-forsaken lands. Our dream is to one day return civilization and order into the region, but there is no doubt that we are too weak to do it alone. We hope that we may count you as an ally or, at least, a friendly force in this task.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Barbarian in the Playground

EGSE

University Board
    Spoiler
    Show
    There are several cooperative projects in the works at the moment. Among them, there is a plan to collect and publish a comprehensive official history of Sav Altuas and Talidor, which would be included in the university library.

Lord Wallen has applied to study at the university (3 wel per turn for 3 turns in exchange for leveling up a VIP). He has met with approval so far.

A warded meeting room was planned for construction, however it is not finished yet as there are other priorities for many of the university magi at this point.

On the topic of Dr. Vassari's proposal, I believe this is a most worthwhile endeavor. However, I believe this must be undertaken with the utmost care. Desoui's magic is incredibly powerful, and I would not wish to lose mages to backlash from her enchantments.

[OOC: I'd forgotten that the University Board was separate from the Board of Education. Sorry! I should probably keep university-specific discussion here in the future.]
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show
    TW: Broken City

Lord Founder needs no pants to face the beasts of the world, to descend into the darkest pits of the Earth and ascend above the divine clouds!
    TW: Cape City

TW: Supers!
    Image to come

TW: Dystopia
    Peoples Syndicalist Federation of China

Buy my music here

5. - Top - End - #245
    Troll in the Playground

Wardens to Jungle Contacts (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

I'd like to put out a subtle call to see if there was any chance of getting my hands on some of those 'poisons with no known antidote', preferrably one that would not be curable by any sort of magic whatsoever, especially blood magic.

In addition, I'd like to know if there was some way to use the Contacts traits without spending Wealth, which I don't have, and, for example, instead using Morale or Espionage or something to convince Jungle tribes to act in a manner benefiting me. I'd have a mission for a single-time use of 4-6 Mil of mercenaries with no ties to the City, but if it costs Wealth I can't get that done.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

University Board
    Spoiler
    Show

I would like to correct, respected Chancellor, that while the History of Talidor and Sav Altulus would be included in the library, it’s my sincere wish to publish it and bring to the people of Sav Altulus. Our history would be taught in the schools and discussed in parlors and coffeehouses of the city.
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

The Champions of Sovereignty:

To the Orcs [5]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Thank you. We'll be moving out next month."

((Next turn, not this EoT))

8. - Top - End - #248

NinjaGuy

To University Board
    Spoiler
    Show
    The proposal of writing the History of the City has been met with aproval and emotion by us.

We'll spend some time gathering documents, and transcripting the ones we can't give to the University (Some of these Documents are personal Family Relics; and many of my friends are Honor-bound not to give them away).

We will send the documentation to you [Next turn].

Lord Henry Wallen

To the Silversmith's Guild
    Spoiler
    Show
    Would you be willing to meet in private next turn?

I believe we should have a talk.

Madame Beteoui
    Last edited by Ragnar Lodbroke; 2012-11-16 at 08:18 PM.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Mercantile's Guild

SGA to Orcs of Gregoria
    Spoiler
    Show
    as one of the most influential factions in the Stocks, i would like to welcome you to the city. to answer your questions:

the SGA is a collection of the various guilds of Sav Altulas all come together for mutual defense and joint projects. together, we comprise the largest concentration of wealth in the city and our combined military might combined is nothing to shabby.

UAL is not technically a member of the SGA, though many of them work for me. they organize the work and labor-gangs of the city, drawing from refugees and the hard workers others have just thrown out on the street. decent group of people overall.

if you are ever in need of work, contact us, i am sure we could arrange something for you.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Troll in the Playground

University Board
    Spoiler
    Show
    We will direct our researchers to help study Desoui's Wards.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Dwarf in the Playground

Orc Uprising to SGA (curious who will answer me this time )
    Spoiler
    Show
    We are not interested in hiring people at the moment. We are more interested regarding what the UAL is supposed to do for us in case we want to labour for other factions in the city.

Current Status: Awake

Total War Factions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Co-GM of Imperial City.

Shards of War: The Caliphate of Ethiopa. Faithful inheritor of Kherans godly empire.

Broken City: Orc Uprising. Liberated Orcs that want to build a new life at the outskirts of Sav Altulas.

Voyage: Free Folk - Green Star. Your friendly neighbourhood anarchist pirate community.

[Defunct]
    Warhammer 40k: Gronarks Band. Kunning Blood Axe Warband.

GMT +2

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Mercantile's Guild

SGA[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    i propose that next turn, we initiate our military buildup by buying a massive shipment of goods from Venden...i already have the prices for everything we may need...

SGA to Orcs of Gregorian
    Spoiler
    Show
    [i meant if you ever wanted work, we could hire you, not the other way around]

as far as i know, you do not need the permission of the ULA to work in the city so going through them is unnecessary.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Bugbear in the Playground

The Conductor to Sausage Guild (7)
    Spoiler
    Show

coiNs arE EASY. ONe muSt simPlY melT tHe meTAL AROUND the rune, aNd tHEN KEEP TRACK OF all instances of that rune. a simplE ENOUGH PRACTicE, if one is pROPERLY INSTRUCtED IN THE HIGHER SORCERIES.

Dwimmercant to Madame Beteoui (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

"No, no," said the Dwimmercant man, waving the question aside, "That wouldn't do at all. There are niceties one must follow, Madam! If we were to begin pointing out certain flaws, certain vices in those we may disagree with politically, then they might be perfectly willing to drag out certain skeletons from certain closets that we would much rather remain closed. I cannot in good faith condone any such effort, and I am surprised that you would even consider it."

Bookbinder's Guild to Gear's Chosen (8)
    Spoiler
    Show

So long as you bear in mind that the final form of the Standard must be shaped by our editorial staff, I see no harm in the collection of stories to submit to them. Certainly others have exercised that right before.

Bookbinder's Guild Public Announcement (0)
    Spoiler
    Show

We have come to an amiable agreement with the Gear's Chosen over the new Guild press currently operating in Factories South.

Murska (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

It would, I suppose, though the fire rate may leave something to be desired. That is, however, true of any muzzle-loading weapon.

Rafinius (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

Most of the orcs in Stacks are working in the Drover's Associations, though there are a handful of merchantmen, caravan guards, etc. You also hear rumor of an orc in fine clothes doing some work for the SGA.

Bookbinder's Guild to Gregorian Orcs (5)
    Spoiler
    Show

Certainly, if such can be found. I must warn you that such a thing may take some time.

OOC: Do you want me to find and link you to each of the past turn reports? Because frankly I don't know where they all are in the thread.

A Merdallan Meeting (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

Sir Leon snorts inelegantly. "And what if I say yes?" he asks, clear amusement in his voice. "Indeed, why would I say yes, even if I were? You say you desire to see this pitiable city united under one ruler, and frankly you have just given me some idea of who that ruler might be. You are not so foolish enough to take anything I might say at face value, sir." He shakes his head. "If you wish to know the truth, no. I have no interest in speaking with democrats, and especially not on matters of politics. Bad enough that my task here requires me to spend more time out of armor than in it without voluntarily associating with more rabble than I need to. Look for your assassin elsewhere, Sir Edmund. Wren."

Jungle Contacts to Wardens (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

With most contacts, that wouldn't work so well. With painted elves, however, that would most likely work better than WEL. They do not exactly have the same values system as everyone else does.

House Laurier to Gear's Chosen (8)
    Spoiler
    Show

While we are interested in your lightning systems, we are somewhat leery of the costs and dangers they represent. I believe a limited trial might be in order, if your engineers are willing.

House Laurier to Champions of Sovereignty (5)
    Spoiler
    Show

I am afraid that House Laurier does not actually support much in the way of a military force, my lord. Certainly not anything to compare with the following that you yourself have, or that of the Wardens.
    Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ran: Boundless Isles
    IC
    OOC

Sixth Nexus: THE VIGIL

Total War: Cape City
    Spoiler
    Show

LOCKWOOD-COBAN AUGMENTED INDUSTRIES

Total War: Serillia
    Spoiler
    Show

The Crimson

Ran: Broken City
    First IC Thread
    First OOC Thread

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ogre in the Playground

Gear's Chosen

To Bookbinders Guild
    Spoiler
    Show
    Excellent. We'll have the Presses ready to hand over in two months time. We are glad we could come to a peaceable solution to this.

To House Laurier
    Spoiler
    Show
    Certainly, what do you have in mind?

To Millitia
    Spoiler
    Show
    So, any response to our offer
    Spoiler
    Show

played the Space Pope in Total War 2125
    ..and the Papal States of Luna in Total War 2260

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light

15. - Top - End - #255

ESGE

University Board/board of education
    Spoiler
    Show
    Indeed, I had meant that the act pf collecting this knowledge would enrich the library. As for publication, we will have to go through the bookbinder's guild, unless we want to upset their monopoly by printing magically, however it is within their power and rights to give us all manner of bad press should we do so.
    Last edited by Nyrt; 2012-11-17 at 12:54 AM.
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show
    TW: Broken City

Lord Founder needs no pants to face the beasts of the world, to descend into the darkest pits of the Earth and ascend above the divine clouds!
    TW: Cape City

TW: Supers!
    Image to come

TW: Dystopia
    Peoples Syndicalist Federation of China

Buy my music here

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

University Board
    Spoiler
    Show

Of course all University printing is done by Bookbinder's Guild - I have requested, that 2 [WEL] from Lord Wallen's Tuition funds this month be used to print the books in question.

ESBA [7]
    Spoiler
    Show

I haven't received your reply on whether you allow access to your archives in the study of the history of the city.
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ogre in the Playground

The Order of the Wren [8]

A Merdallan Meeting [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "There is no need to be coarse, sir. Do not presume to know my mind. Everything I have ever done, has been done to keep James from harm. "

Edmund wraps the silk around his face, and takes up his cloak. "I think this conversation come to its end. I expect you will keep the matter of my identity to yourself? Good day, sir."

The Wren leaves.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Dwarf in the Playground

Orc Uprising to SGA:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Good to know. At the time we are still rebuilding, but we will take you up on your offer. If you need any urgent manpower just call us and we will negotiate.

Total War Factions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Co-GM of Imperial City.

Shards of War: The Caliphate of Ethiopa. Faithful inheritor of Kherans godly empire.

Broken City: Orc Uprising. Liberated Orcs that want to build a new life at the outskirts of Sav Altulas.

Voyage: Free Folk - Green Star. Your friendly neighbourhood anarchist pirate community.

[Defunct]

GMT +2

19. - Top - End - #259

NinjaGuy

To Dwimmercant Families [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "It's understandable, My lord. forget I even thought about it.

I just had to ask; since expansion amongst the Old Families could be a great step in the growth of our Party.

Is there anything your House needs particularly? You have made great efforts to help our Party, and I believe you deserve some extra help.

I will take the trouble to tell you this: Our soldiers will be making a swipe in the neigbourhoods. We fear something may be hidden, specially regarding all that University troubles we had some time ago. They will be instructed to steer away from uncomfortabe closets; so if you could find a way to help them, we would be grateful.

Thanks for this meeting, Milord. I hope our friendship continues to grow."
    Last edited by Ragnar Lodbroke; 2012-11-17 at 11:11 AM.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Mercantile's Guild

SGA
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sausage Guild: is the deal we worked out regarding my intelligence network still acceptable to you? i am of course not expecting any payment this month though.

in other news, for this month only i am temporarilly allowing Dr. Vasiri access to my network due to a potentially nasty situation that has arisen.(probably nothing)

what was the verdict of the recent stat-gains? are we using them to turn the Commerce Hall into a sort of [Symbols of Authority]?

to GM
    Spoiler
    Show
    dont want to clutter inbox with something so small.

my merchant fleet will be working on protecting trade between SGA and warlords

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ogre in the Playground

The Order of the Wren [8]

To Gears Chosen [8]
    Spoiler
    Show
    My apologies for having to message you on such matters, but something has come up which will benefit greatly from the use of some of my wealth. Would you be willing to supply the subsidy offered before?

If not, do not trouble yourself. You shall be paid in full, this month.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ogre in the Playground

To Wren
    Spoiler
    Show

Gah, sorry, been rather busy all weekend.

Anyway, we'd be happy to supply the Subsidy previously discussed. Our interested seem to be fairly similar at this point anyway, so it is not a particularly large loss to us.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

23. - Top - End - #263

House Laurier to Gear's Chosen (8)
    Spoiler
    Show

My hope was that you could put a limited number of wires, heating systems and whatever else it is you are selling in Tremorous. Then we could observe the effects and gauge whether the benefits outweigh the costs.

Militia of Order and Justice to Gear's Chosen (6)
    Spoiler
    Show

This space intentionally left blank.

A Merdallan Meeting (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

"My apologies for any offense I may have given. Doing so was not my intention, though I know my tongue sometimes runs ahead without me. Take care, Lord Sallen, and trust that whatever secrets you may have are safe in my hands."

Dwimmercant to Madame Beteoui (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

"Of course, madam. Thank you for your kindly words, but I cannot think of a single thing that I, for one, should desire from the Party that has already given us much. I will consult with the rest of the families, of course."
    Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

IC
    OOC

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

The Crimson

First IC Thread
    First OOC Thread

24. - Top - End - #264
    Dwarf in the Playground

Orc Uprising to Wardens [5]
    Spoiler
    Show
    To: Commander Tarmin of the Wardens.
    I will lead my men alongside yours in your next ecscursion in the shaterred lands. I trust that this help will be remembered. May the odds be in our favor.

{OOC: I completely forgot to tell you. I hope this message prevents any akwardness that would otherwise have happened next turn. EoT is already sent and has contingiency in case you are not actually doing anything in the Shattered Lands. And yes, the spelling mistakes are on purpose. Be happy Dor writes as well as he does at all.}

Total War Factions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Co-GM of Imperial City.

[Defunct]

GMT +2

25. - Top - End - #265
    Troll in the Playground

Wardens to Orc Uprising/Zemalac (You might want to pick a proper name at some point.)
    Spoiler
    Show

Ah, thank you for the unexpected assistance, Captain. Your help will be most welcome. Together we may deal a great blow to the rabble infesting the lands neighbouring us.

((OOC: Yeah, I've got a small operation to finalize my control over the mines that I drove the Stone Wolves from last turn. I was planning on handing some of them over to you for some Wealth, but if you help me take them then I guess it's pretty fair that you get your share for free. If the GM distributes the gains based on the military employed, then I'd like to note that since I've been working on this for a couple turns I'd like at least one Wealth. I currently have 3 and it's really hindering my use of foreign contacts.

As for Zemalac, do note that I've now been informed of the Orc help and won't be surprised when they show up. Hopefully. ))
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #266

Turn 11 Results
    April, 1033 DR

The Sav Altulas Standard
    In Event of Misinformation, Run

Sponsored by the Bookbinder's Guild

An assassination attempt has left Urso Bloodhand, head of the Sausage Guild, either dead or grievously wounded. The Guild has secreted his body in their tunnels and has of yet not revealed his current condition.

Investigators from the Champions of Sovereignty and the Sausage Guild have been moving through Pepperstoch, inciting grumbling from the locals.

Blackfist territories have been steadily barricades and armed over the past month. Rumors of electrical systems being laid in place are unconfirmed at this time.

The Empty Blood Gang has been destroyed by the Church of Neposh and the Militia of Order and Justice, putting Annosus firmly into the hands of the Church.

Select gentlemen from Silvathrien are investing in Pews, attempting to build factories outside of the Smokeyards.

A Mercantile's Guild attempt to control the flow of Illarym trade to the city had less of an impact than expected due to the Wardens headquarters in Imperial First unnerving merchants who would otherwise have responded far better to the Guild's enticements.

Doctor Vassari has hosted a gala in support of the Blackspell Watch, and secured donors to fund the Watch's expansion.

A new report issued by Doctor Vassari of Bloodhaven has come to the conclusion that the electricity used in the Celestial Network of the Gear’s Chosen is giving off harmful emissions, leading to an increased chance of illness and birth defects in those exposed to it. The amount of exposure that has currently occurred is not yet large enough to pose a threat, but the good Doctor is strongly recommending that the Network be shut down until it can be granted a health safety certification from Bloodhaven.

Doctor Vassari has left the city on a trip to Burnelli, leaving Doctor Blaine in charge of the hospital.

The Order of the Wren is recruiting soldiers.

The Wardens have ordered the construction of a small river patrol fleet from the Shipwright's Guild, and have begun constructing fortifications that will let them control river traffic.

An ambassador from Gregoria has arrived in the city.

Lord Wallen is attending Daimot University, to further his own understanding of magic.

An ESGE-backed effort to create a magically powered personal flying machine has seen limited success. In unrelated news, sightings of demons and angels flying through the sky have increased.

The Ram Police are giving petty criminals the option to serve in the Revolutionary army for a period of time instead of being fined or jailed.

The Technists Guild is building a massive sky dreadnaught.

A combined Warden and orcish force has smashed the mine-lords in the hills to the southeast of the city, claiming the mines for the city.

Greater SGA infrastructure has been constructed in Guild's Row.

A team of Laheim trainers is beating the Clockwork Swords into shape.

The Celestial Network has expanded to Old Jack's Run, Little Veras and the Tragic Court.

A gala at the Opera House in Dogma is well attended by the city's elite.

Orcs from Tregon are buying farming equipment in the city.

Rumor has it that the Upside Circle has halted orcish logging operations in their forest.

The Heladuit Court has relocated any and all undesirables from Tailorway, and turned the run-down tenements into upscale apartments.

The Executive Breuacracy has expanded the law college at Daimot University.

The Madman of Foth has been sighted near the city. Do not question the Madman of Foth.

Hidden Ways and Secret Happenings

University Board (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

Due to the expansion of the Law College by the EBSA, degrees of control over the University Board have changed.

Current degrees of control are as follows, from largest to smallest: ESGE with 57%, Bloodhaven with 20%, EBSA with 8%, Church of Neposh with 5%, House Wallen with 4%, Sausage Guild with 4%, and Champions of Sovereignty with 2%. This means that the ESGE controls 7 of the University’s MAG, Bloodhaven controls 2, the EBSA controls 1, the Church of Neposh controls 1, and House Wallan and the Sausage Guild between them control 1.

Bounty Board
    All prices listed are in t.WEL unless otherwise stated, and will be paid out immediately upon confirmation by the bounty poster.

Elias DuKree: Red hair, close cut. Reddish-brown eyes. Scar on left cheek. Possibly a scar on right leg, depending on how the wound healed--might have a limp. Wanted dead. 4 from Lord Protector.

Unknown Raiders: Whoever stole the Imperial weapons meant for the Wardens from the caravan delivering them to the city.
    2 from Imperial Trade Ministry

Blackfist Press
    1 from Bookbinder's Guild

Unknown Murderer: Whoever killed the people found dead at the opening of the Wallen Wing at Bloodhaven Hospital last month.
    4 from Doctor Vassari

Chosen Press
    4 from Bookbinder's Guild

Turn 12 Begins
    May, 1033 DR
    Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

IC
    OOC

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

The Crimson

First IC Thread
    First OOC Thread

27. - Top - End - #267
    Colossus in the Playground

The Torch of Sav Altulas: Lighting a Fire in the Heart of the Righteous

What the Hell, James? So-called King shows his true colours

By request of our friends in the Sausage Guild, the Blackfist has sent investigators to Pepperstoch, to find out who was behind the riots our enemies have accused us of starting.
    They did not find any clues. They found their deaths. These innocent men and women, whose names shall live on as those of martrys, were murdered in cold blood by agents of the Champions. Clearly, the boy James has something to hide in Pepperstoch, and he is not afraid to have people killed to hide it.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ogre in the Playground

Gear's Chosen 8)

To Wren/Ram/Blackfist
    Spoiler
    Show
    Would you amenable to meeting once again? We've got several things of rather large important to talk about.

To Bloodhaven Hospital
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings. If I may ask, why did you not request our assistance in your studies of the Celestial Network? If you had informed us ahead of time we would have been happy to provide you access to the core of the Network itself to gain more accurate readings. As of now, we would like to request that you rescind the report until something more through can be completed.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

29. - Top - End - #269
    Troll in the Playground

The Wardens to Mercantile Guild

We warned you that your agents were unwelcome in our territory. You sent them in anyway. Unless you pay us reparations of 3 t. Wealth and cease sending in any more of your men, we will be forced to take punitive action in measure with the severity of your transgressions.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ogre in the Playground

Order of the Wren

To Gears, Ram, Blackfist
    Spoiler
    Show
    Certainly.