New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Three Goddesses (IC) Thread #3

Taleira Ulharvyth

"Believe it. Nocticula, Sabrina, and Tishtina have all personally appeared to give their blessings to our mission. All at once, even."
    Snickett avatar by me.

I draw custom OotSatars. I'm wearing one now, and you can check out samples in my Gallery.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Troll in the Playground

Coquika
    Coquika lifts a hand in gentle reproach.
    "Sisters... should we not go elsewhere to discuss prophecy?" she glances around the battle-scarred crypt, significantly.
    "This place of death is no place to discuss the rebirth."
    If there's nothing out there, then what was that noise?

3. - Top - End - #303
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Dot

Dot grunts her amusement at Harlan's last statement, and nods at Taleira's retort.

"Those priestesses would be in excellent company. Half the faiths in the world seem to be lining up to try to stop the unification. But first, the scotch. I still have two bottles of the Bordansa back in the creche, although why I should forgive you for stepping out without even leaving a note is far, far beyond me. You beautiful, beautiful moron."

She turns to take in the others who have participated in the raid, both those that are in and out of earshot, and sends a quick mental message. The normally cold mage seems to be holding back emotions.

"I'm very, very grateful for everything that you've done today. It was bold and magnificent, really.

Harlan and I have a great deal of catching up to do. I'm about to take us to a place of refuge, one that you won't be able to leave without access to planar travel. You're welcome to come and dine with us as our guests, and then I can bring you back home in a day or two. Or, well, I suspect that you have enough other talented individuals among you to get you back to Coquika's."

True to her word, Dot gestures, and a bright blue circle appears on the wall. Barely visible as a shimmering outline on the far side of the circle is a reception hall, an area now familiar to Melinda and Taleira. Zippy nods in response to some unheard order, and flies through to deactivate the layers of passwords and protections ringing the tiny plane.

With a sudden shyness that surprises even her, Dot extends a hand to Harlan.

"Shall we?"
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

4. - Top - End - #304
    Colossus in the Playground

Good scotch, good meal, good transport?

Drisae is all in!
    20MAR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: The Worldwound (2013, Jacobs, Keith, et. al.).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    bcool999: On hiatus through 01APR2024.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Titan in the Playground

Seraciel

Sera doesn't receive the message, since she removed her necklace. She does, however, recognize what Dot was doing. "That's not fair, Setsuna. If I was captured, do you think I would need saving? Or that you needed to do it? Or that I even deserve it?"

She was crying again, as she looked at the necklace. It was not her typical curious look, but something akin to a slave staring at her shackles. "I have spell prepared to get us out of here. Anyone else wish to return to the Glendiran Temple?"
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

6. - Top - End - #306

"You sure you wouldn't rather have some time to yourselves?", Melinda asks rhetorically. She points a finger at Dot. You deserve a break. Have one. Call me no sooner than when you've had a real chance to wind down.

She takes Coquika's hand with a smirk. "Meet you there, Tali?" She, on the other hand, wouldn't get one. There was still so much work to be done. There always would be.

[If Dot and Drisae are going to the Creche, and the rest of us are traveling with Coquika, we're going to the City of Gardens first? I feel the lot of us who aren't going with Dot are unlikely to argue about exactly where we end up until after we're first out of this dreadful tomb.]
    Last edited by Kalirren; 2012-12-14 at 01:04 PM.
    Of the Core classes, Bard is the best. It optimizes the most important resource of them all: play time.

Grieve not greatly if thou be touched a-light, for an after-stroke is better if thou dare him smite.
    The Play with the Two-Hand Sword in Verse, circa 1430. British Museum manuscript #3542, ff 82-85.

Current avatar: Sascha Kincaid, a lost country girl in a big city. Aldhaven: Vicious Betrayals

7. - Top - End - #307
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Dot

Dot glances back, barely perceiving out of the haze of her own mishmash of pressing concerns the crisis of the other woman. Her brow furrowed. She was clearly sympathetic, but at a loss. She noticed the removal of the necklace.

"Go as you wish, of course. You are also welcome to whatever hospitality I can muster this evening, which will mostly come down to a simple meal and a lot of wine. Or...I'll have to find a way to thank you for your help later."
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

8. - Top - End - #308
    Titan in the Playground

Seraciel

"No, Melinda, we have tarried long enough. I have not forgotten your holy mandate. Do you have any information on the location of the next cup?"
    It's hard to imagine this was the same sniveling woman you were looking at just now. It's even harder to believe that this was the same girl who tried to protect you from the lich's spells a few moments before. Still, she seems to be doing better with a definite and productive goal in mind.
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

9. - Top - End - #309

"The next cup? You mean the next verse? We should consult Scripture," suggests Melinda. She didn't know what to make of Seraciel's mood-swings, other than that instability was just a failure waiting to happen. She hadn't expected to be arguing already, before Dot was even gone. "And we have business in Varstok. We should remove ourselves with all haste, so that we are at liberty to speak further."

Having taken Coquika's hand, she extends her own other hand to Seraciel. She didn't know who was going to initiate the teleport.
    Of the Core classes, Bard is the best. It optimizes the most important resource of them all: play time.

Grieve not greatly if thou be touched a-light, for an after-stroke is better if thou dare him smite.
    The Play with the Two-Hand Sword in Verse, circa 1430. British Museum manuscript #3542, ff 82-85.

Current avatar: Sascha Kincaid, a lost country girl in a big city. Aldhaven: Vicious Betrayals

10. - Top - End - #310
    Firbolg in the Playground

Furude Setsuna

Setsuna's expression goes from silent amusement to worried compassion as she hears Sera's mutterings. Replying in a soft whisper, she says. "In order? No, yes, and I don't care. You're good enough to get out of most situations, and I would always come to your rescue. And senpai? You may think you aren't worth rescuing, but I do. I... do..."

She trails off and looks away. With a sigh and a small, encouraging smile, she continues, in a slightly louder voice. "Come on, let's get out of this place, okay?"

Taking Sera's hand, she gently reaches out to Melinda, completing the link for teleportation.
    Last edited by Morcleon; 2012-12-14 at 04:09 PM.
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Titan in the Playground

Seraciel

Sera casts her Greater Teleport, landing the group of people going her way in the lobby of the Glendiran Temple. "Melinda, please consult the scriptures. I will be making preparations to leave again. Furude-kun, please organize of newly obtained cache. I want to see if I can exchange some of my portion with other casters in the area."

12. - Top - End - #312
    Ogre in the Playground

Selena and Oscar were having an extremely irrelevant debate about cookies during this whole time. Talking with Oscar about thing that doesn't matter is probably the only thing that keeps Selena's mind sane after a stressful day. And dealing with hordes or undead is a bit traumatic to a Sabrina worshipper.
    However, there's something that she was interested in doing for a long time, which is copying the spells of her colleagues.

"All right ladies, who want to trade spells with me? There's Glass Strike and Freezing Fog, two spells that showed their worth. I'm particularly interested in Mindblank, Sleet Storm and the Heart of (...) series."
    Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    Nicollo Corleone - The Scoundrel Malconvoker

Dante Levasseur - The Crimsom Inquisitor (avatar) and his Lumi cohort, Eveline Dawn now being followed by an old acquaintance, Aurora, the voice of Barachiel.

Minaerva - The Wild Caller from Rokiri Island.

Requiem Macabre Doc

13. - Top - End - #313

Taleira Ulharvyth
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalirren View Post
    "Meet you there, Tali?"
    "Of course." Once the main group is away, Tali teleports herself over to join them.
    Snickett avatar by me.

I draw custom OotSatars. I'm wearing one now, and you can check out samples in my Gallery.

14. - Top - End - #314

Furude Setsuna

"Okay, senpai!" Setsuna nods, and smiles, and starts on her assigned task. Dashing off, she returns a several minutes later and spreads the money amongst the group. "Here you go!"

And then, as she really has nothing else to do at the moment, she begins to follow Sera around!
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Troll in the Playground

Coquika
    Coquika is quiet as the group returns to the city. All in all, the raid on the lich's lair had taken perhaps twenty minutes, of which ten at least consisted of bickering and counting the treasure. She shook her head in silent wonder at the collective power of her new Sisters. Although she hadn't so much as thrown a punch throughout the entire ordeal, she felt that she had grown greatly, just witnessing how others used their power.
    [COLOR="rgb(0, 100, 0)"]I see now,[/COLOR] she thinks, walking the halls of the academy quietly, That I have been blind in my studies. I have valued the mind only so much as it has advanced the body. I have seen my Sisters at their weakest, and even so I was forced to stand dumb and silent as the statue I have worked so hard to become.
    With silent resolve she executes the whip-crack of a punch at the open air. [COLOR="rgb(0, 100, 0)"]"I must react more quickly,"[/COLOR] she decides, [COLOR="rgb(0, 100, 0)"]"In a handful of seconds, so much can change!" [/COLOR]
    Coming to herself finally, she responds to Selena. [COLOR="rgb(0, 100, 0)"]"Mind blank? I could teach you that; I think one should try to be invulnerable to such weapons as one uses, don't you?"[/COLOR] She ignores Oscar's presence entirely,and offers her hand to Selena.
    [COLOR="rgb(0, 100, 0)"]"Come. Let us go to the scrivener's hall. I admit, I'm curious how the Glass Strike differs from its cousin of Flesh to Stone."[/COLOR]
    If there's nothing out there, then what was that noise?

16. - Top - End - #316
    Ogre in the Playground

Atareth will go with the rest of the party to the City of Gardens. She is beaming because lovers are reunited! No need to cramp their style, especially since the rest are heading out. She sees Drisae's interest in what might be some bizarre Nocticulan voyeurism, so she grabs Drisae by the nape of the neck. "I've got better sights to show you, dark priestess."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Not PvP .... one of the advantages of rooming with a fellow player.
    Current Games
    Curse of the Crimson Throne: Dušana Essert(Zeta), & Fathi (Phi) and Hülya (Eta) Sharif of House al-Din
    Legacy of Fire: Water Prince Rafiq Karim
    Rise of the Runelords: Keghart Valdemar & Valbard the Velociraptor
    Savage Tide: Rabbi Eliezer "Lazer" Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth
    Serpent's Skull: Harsk! (yes, that one)
    Shattered Star: Lilim
    Strange Aeons: Dorn

17. - Top - End - #317
    Colossus in the Playground

"Ow-ow-ow-ow-ow!" yips Drisae as she is pulled off the floor into the air. "Okay, alright, already. But a midget and a cambion? C'mon, you have to admit that'd be one f***ing awesome view for the sexual history books!"
    20MAR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: The Worldwound (2013, Jacobs, Keith, et. al.).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    bcool999: On hiatus through 01APR2024.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Titan in the Playground

Seraciel

Sera notices her friend following her. She turns to Furude. "Setsuna, thank you." It was the first in a while that she had spoken Furude's given name while happy. She pulls her spellbook out her secret chest and begins reading through it, but not before grabbing her partner's hand.

She seemed to be doing better than earlier. Furude's touch and the adrenaline high leaving have calmed her down considerably.

19. - Top - End - #319

Furude Setsuna

Setsuna smiles, a small flicker of surprise flitting across her face. She grasps Sera's hand, pulling herself a little closer to stare curiously over at the spellbook. "Ah, you're welcome… but what for?"

20. - Top - End - #320
    Titan in the Playground

Seraciel

Sera has just finished logging the energy destroyed by her Chain Dispel (Artists are weird when it comes to that sort of thing) and is now re-examining her Transmutations.

"For being with me today. I was in a bad place earlier, and I don't think I would have left of my own volition. I am afraid a lot of things will be changing in my life, and I don't want us,"
    she looks away from the book and into Furude's eyes, "to be one of them."
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2012-12-15 at 11:12 PM.

21. - Top - End - #321

Furude Setsuna

"Of course I would be with you," Setsuna grins. "I did promise, after all."

Her eyes widen at Sera's next words and she blushes, glancing away slightly before smiling happily up at Sera. "I... I don't want... us to change either..."

22. - Top - End - #322
    Titan in the Playground

Seraciel

Sera closes her spellbook, a satisfied look on her face. She leans over and gives Furude a small kiss. "I have something I want to pick up from a Transmuter. After that I am free until Melinda can gives us our next destination." She gives her most cherubic smile, which probably looks like be smiled at by a Demon Prince.

She drags Furude up some stairs, and up to someone's quarters, and knocks. "I hope the little gnat is here today..."

23. - Top - End - #323

Furude Setsuna

"Okay! Let's go!" She beams with anticipation, and a slight bit of apprehension at Sera's smile.

Happily following her friend, Setsuna mutters, "Who's the gnat?"
    Last edited by Morcleon; 2012-12-17 at 03:49 PM.

24. - Top - End - #324

Taleira Ulharvyth

"So, 'Linda, you said something about consulting the Prophecy? Given our assorted mages seem to have found distractions for themselves, did you want me to hop over to Varstok and check for you, or shall we just wait until the others are done?"
    Snickett avatar by me.

25. - Top - End - #325

"Feel free to do that," responds Melinda. There's a bit of apprehensive, admiring wonder in the bardess's voice, and Taleira knows it's probably because she's not looking forward to two teleports in a row, and couldn't imagine anyone else doing so. "It looks like we have time. We should do so mostly for confirmation. Give Dot twenty minutes tops to get his clothes off. We'll know by then..." she says, giggling.

"I'm fairly sure that Harlan was the one, though. A priest of Sabrina is quite unique enough. And he represents enough of what is new in our future to have warranted our collective effort, regardless of whether or not he was the one referenced." She lets herself be openly pleased with the outcome. "He should meet Tallesin," ponders the First Priestess aloud as an afterthought. "Or more accurately, Tallesin should meet him."

"Tali," she adds, "If you do go to Varstok in person, would you also ask Desiria on my behalf to tell her Kasian contact that his church can be prepared to receive my share of the spoils as a gesture of due respect?" Melinda still didn't presume to order around Zanthia's right-hand woman.

26. - Top - End - #326

A voice sounds from inside the room, a moderate tenor, and sounding rather tired. "Yes, yes, I'll be there in a second..."

The door opens, and a surprised looking young man is shown, with dark hair and dressed in a bright red and gold that is probably designed to be quite flashy and attractive. "Oh, Sera! Good morning. I had no idea you were going to be visiting me today. Please, come in."

Setsuna glares at him. How dare someone act that familiar with her senpai! The transmuter raises an eyebrow at Setsuna and mutters, "Oh, it's the short one..."
    Last edited by Morcleon; 2012-12-17 at 11:44 PM.

27. - Top - End - #327

Taleira Ulharvyth

Tali catches the shift in tone, and shrugs by way of response. Magic's been in her blood for over a decade now, and this is even more innate than most of her other powers. "I doubt it'll take her even that long, given her reaction on the spot. Checking the scroll won't take much time, either, though. I'll confirm through the necklaces, and then pass on your message to Desiria."

Unless somebody interjects, Tali will teleport to Varstok and do exactly as indicated. GM's call on whether that errand's worth RPing through.
    Snickett avatar by me.

28. - Top - End - #328
    Titan in the Playground

Seraciel

Sera gives him a hug and a kiss."Eli, Furude-san is my friend and student, so she is your friend, too." Her voice was artificially high, accented, and she pouted slightly for extra appeal. She frequently played these games with people, mostly men, that she had no attachment to. No one has caught on so far. "Actually, Elijah-daaaahling, I need some Pearls of Power. I have the gold, but I've had some had a hard time finding them. Can you please help me?"

29. - Top - End - #329

"If you insist, my dear. If you insist." Elijah returns both the hug and kiss with a smile, oblivious to Setsuna's continued glare. He looks thoughtful at Sera's request, and nods. "Pearls of Power? I think I still have some. Which ones are you looking for?"

Stepping back to let the two women in, he gives Sera a curious look, and grins slightly. "...you seem a bit different today. In a good way, I mean!" he hurriedly adds. "Learned something new?"

30. - Top - End - #330
    Titan in the Playground

Seraciel

"Level 4, please, daaaahling. I know they are valuable for experiments and rather hard to come by, but it would mean the world to me. I would do anythiiing."

Sera looked at the now-bare arm subconsciously. The Dracolich's breath had burned more of the material there, so Sera discarded it. Her Ring of Enduring Arcana was clearly visible due to this. Other than that, she did pick up a few tricks she could use on her next fight, but she would play dumb. Besides...

"We have recently returned from spelunking,"
    She gives Furude a quick look. "I can say I learned something about true companionship." The wink she made, was given to the man across from her.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2012-12-18 at 12:39 AM.