New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Three Goddesses (IC) Thread #3

Zippy curses as the spell resistance of the dracolich gives him protection against the fireball.

Atarath up, Dot on deck, Seraciel in the hole, Taleira to follow.
    Last edited by Debbie_D; 2012-11-18 at 09:31 AM.
    The problem here is between the keyboard and the chair.

Life is full of questions. Chocolate is the answer.

Thanks to Telasi for the custom avatar.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

The angel flies in like a hammer-headed dart, swinging twice at the dracolich (the first time with a truly righteous fury), before zooming out of any counterattack. As she attacks, she says, "Resist that!"
    Spoiler
    Show
    First attack is a smite
    Hammer 1: (1d20+48)[68], damage (1d20+32)[43]
    - DC 14 Will save or be destroyed outright
    Hammer 2: (1d20+35)[43], damage (1d20+23)[26]
    - DC 14 Will save or be destroyed outright

The weapon's base quality for overcoming damage reduction includes a combination of adamantine+bludgeoning+good+magic. On the off-chance that this super-soup doesn't overcome some bizarre DR, then the transmuting property of Targe-Wrecker will take care of that next round.

Dracolich is dodge-buddy, and Spring Attack and high speed should more than clear me for my Bounding Assault without counterattack. If it moves into range, then AC = 62.

(I had forgotten to apply "Worn" to my Armor in my last post.)
    Last edited by PSinger; 2012-11-18 at 03:17 PM.
    Current Games
    Curse of the Crimson Throne: Dušana Essert(Zeta), & Fathi (Phi) and Hülya (Eta) Sharif of House al-Din
    Legacy of Fire: Water Prince Rafiq Karim
    Rise of the Runelords: Keghart Valdemar & Valbard the Velociraptor
    Savage Tide: Rabbi Eliezer "Lazer" Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth
    Serpent's Skull: Harsk! (yes, that one)
    Shattered Star: Lilim
    Strange Aeons: Dorn

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

Critical threat on first attack ... but the damage was rolled with wrong dice. So here is total amount of damage, one with and one without crit damage.

Crit threat (1d20+48)[68]
    Initial damage (1d8+32)[37]

Crit bonus damage (2d8+64)[77]
    Current Games
    Curse of the Crimson Throne: Dušana Essert(Zeta), & Fathi (Phi) and Hülya (Eta) Sharif of House al-Din
    Legacy of Fire: Water Prince Rafiq Karim
    Rise of the Runelords: Keghart Valdemar & Valbard the Velociraptor
    Savage Tide: Rabbi Eliezer "Lazer" Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth
    Serpent's Skull: Harsk! (yes, that one)
    Shattered Star: Lilim
    Strange Aeons: Dorn

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Dot

Dot launches herself from Clyde's shoulder and zips back down the hallway. Deciding that sometimes a more direct approach is warranted, she fires off a blast of intense green light down the hallway at the massive skeletal dragon in the room beyond. Almost immediately, she gestures again, and there are nine of her clustered in the vicinity of the hallway ceiling.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move action to get 60' back down the hallway towards the combat. Firing a Disintegrate through the doorway at the dracolich. Attack: (1d20+16)[23] Damage: (40d6)[132], Fort DC 28 reduces the damage to (5d6)[19].

Swift action to cast greater mirror image to generate 8 duplicate images.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

CL check vs SR for disintegrate: (1d20+23)[41]
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

The big hammer of Atareth connects twice with the dracolich, one of the blows might have felled a lesser creature, but the bizarre construction of undead gives it immunity to these sorts of extra damage. However, both connections do real enough damage anyway. Dot, hustling to get back into the battle, casts a Disintigrate at the beast, it too does damage (pending a spell penetration roll) but it is still (oh heres that word again) alive.

Setaciel up, Taleira on deck, dragon in the hole.
    Last edited by Debbie_D; 2012-11-18 at 07:04 PM.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

Setaciel

Seta moves 60 ft. (Through the doorway, into the room). Upon recognizing the Dracolich, she readies a Dispel Magic, Greater to counter any spells.

Spoiler
    Show
    Immune to Frightful Presence. I might interject the order to counter a spell, but if it is targeted at me and eligible for Absorption, I'll just absorb it.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2012-11-18 at 09:18 PM.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Bugbear in the Playground

Taleira Ulharvyth

A slightly scorched and now very angry Taleira barrels through the door, casting Wraithstrike as she runs. At full speed, she ducks past the dracolich's defenses to deliver a flurry of powerful blows to the monster. Given the danger posed by the monster, she circles away from the party so it has to choose between dealing with her and attacking her friends.

Spoiler
    Show
    Full-round: Dervish Dance full attack, Movement Mastery to avoid AoOs. Swift: Wraithstrike, extended w/Metamagic Mastery. Karmic Strike active (AC 52, maximum AoO rolls below). Dervish Dance +5/+5, Power Attack -17/+34. Dot's buff list shows Haste among the buffs on the group, also accounted for. If that's inapplicable, -1 to the attack rolls and ignore the extra attack.

Attack 1
    Hit: (1d20+23)[7](30) vs. Touch AC.
    Damage: (2d4+58)[62] (adamantine, slashing, evil, chaotic)
    Attack 2 (Haste)
    Hit: (1d20+23)[8](31) vs. Touch AC.
    Damage: (2d4+58)[61] (adamantine, slashing, evil, chaotic)
    Attack 3
    Hit: (1d20+18)[15](33) vs. Touch AC.
    Damage: (2d4+58)[64] (adamantine, slashing, evil, chaotic)
    Attack 4
    Hit: (1d20+13)[16](29) vs. Touch AC.
    Damage: (2d4+58)[61] (adamantine, slashing, evil, chaotic)
    Attack 5
    Hit: (1d20+8)[2](10) vs. Touch AC.
    Damage: (2d4+58)[63] (adamantine, slashing, evil, chaotic)

AoO 1
    Hit: (1d20+23)[3](26) vs. Touch AC.
    AoO 2
    Hit: (1d20+23)[16](39) vs. Touch AC.
    AoO 3
    Hit: (1d20+23)[4](27) vs. Touch AC.
    AoO 4
    Hit: (1d20+23)[19](42) vs. Touch AC.
    AoO 5
    Hit: (1d20+23)[13](36) vs. Touch AC.
    AoO 6
    Hit: (1d20+23)[6](29) vs. Touch AC.
    AoO 7
    Hit: (1d20+23)[12](35) vs. Touch AC.
    Snickett avatar by me.

I draw custom OotSatars. I'm wearing one now, and you can check out samples in my Gallery.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

The massive dracolich might have power to spare, but not even he has enough to take in what Taleira can dish out. By about the third attack, he is ready to fall, and her last two crumble him to dust.
    Finally able to take stock of where the party finds itself, they are in the middle of an octagonal shaped room, each wall being about 30 feet long. They entered on the western most wall, and there are two doors, one in the north wall, and one in east wall. The ribbon of Find the Path leads out the eastern door.
    The more avaricious members of the party also note a huge pile of gold and gems in the room, the hoard of the mighty dragon.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Troll in the Playground

Coquika
    Once again, Coquika rises out of her fighting stance. The novelty of watching these two valkyries smite everything in their path had begun to dull. And of course, the glitter of gold and gems held very little interest for her. Instead, she devotes a spell or two to repair some of the damage from that initial blast of fire.
    (4d8+17)[36]
    Satisfied at the returned lustre of her skin, she listens at the door to the North.
    Last edited by The Great Skenardo; 2012-11-19 at 10:43 AM.
    If there's nothing out there, then what was that noise?

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

There seems to be no sounds issuing forth from the door to the north.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Firbolg in the Playground

Furude Setsuna

"Well, that was certainly interesting." Setsuna lands and ripples back into the visible spectrum. "But now we have to find the dracolich's phylactery too..."

Her eyes brighten up at the large pile of coins and gems, and an excited smile appears on her face. "Ah... the best part about dragon hunting... the hoard..." She walks over and begins to sift through the coins and jewels with her telekinetic hand, attempting to gauge the general worth of the golden hill.
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

Setaciel

Sera dispels her Superior Invisibility. It has proven about as useful as a splinter, and she tired of not being targeted.

"I wonder the value of the dracolich's ill-gotten gains as well, but this is not the time for avarice. I believe we should keep moving."

She gives a small "tut-tut" as she examines the beast. "Hardly worth noting. To think to have lived that long and still amounting to nothing. Maybe it will have better luck in its next life. I doubt it though. This creature reeks of incompetence." She gives the skeletal mass a kick.

The abjurer turns to her friend. "Furude-kun, I seem to have gotten myself burned. It there anything you can do about this?"
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2012-11-19 at 11:58 AM.
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Dot

As Taleira finishes dismantling the dragon, Dot nods, and drifts forward down the passage into the room where the dragon had been. She pauses briefly near the bubbling remains of Tasha, and glances back at Clyde.

The demon zips forward, landing lightly near the remains of the succubus. He glances up at Dot, then nods as he tosses the slightly scorched gloves to Zippy. He slides the armbands onto his own thick forearms, and tucks the quiver of arrows and greatsword into a bag at his belt.

Zippy experimentally slides the gloves on, and grunts in approval. Both slaad and Demon fly off after Dot. Already, the burn marks are disappearing from Zippy's skin.

As Dot looks around dispassionately, she takes in the horde with an appraising eye, but makes no move towards it.

"Stay to count gold if you like, but we can come back for this later. Melinda's magic is showing us this path."

She gestures towards the east door. As soon as Zippy and Clyde rejoin her in the room, Dot settles onto Clyde's shoulder again. A new earth elemental rises up out of the floor and opens the eastern door. She waits only for a moment for the others to gather themselves before launching herself down the new path.

Spoiler
    Show
    Redistribution of Tasha's surviving stuff as indicated.

Dot is looking around the room with true seeing and Greater Arcane Sight, to make sure they're not missing any major magical auras or hidden things.

Large earth elemental is summoned to open the eastern door.

Basically, in about two rounds, Dot will head off down this new passage way. She's not particularly patient about pausing for lewt at this point. Maybe someone can open an enveloping pit under the hoard?

15. - Top - End - #135

Furude Setsuna

"...okay. But we should at least take it with us. It's not as if it'll weigh us down more." mutters Setsuna, and opens her enveloping pit beneath the pile, letting it all fall in to be more carefully counted at a later date. A few seconds of rapidly falling gold later, she snaps closed the pit and grins. "All done!"

Turning back to Sera, a concerned look appears on her face and she begins hurriedly checking over her friend. "Senpai? Where did you get burned? Is it bad?"
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

The door to the east opens up, and the party sees a hall running to the east. After about 20 feet, there is a branch to the north, while the hall continues on in an easterly direction. The red ribbon of the Find the Path spell turns on the northern passage.
    Assuming you follow the ribbon, you see a corridor that goes 30 feet north, and then ends in a door.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

Seraciel

"I-it's not that bad." Seeing the look on Furude's face, she seemed to be regretting to have brought it up in the first place. She ceases cradling her broiled right arm. "I don't want to bother you..."

18. - Top - End - #138

Furude Setsuna

Setsuna cringes as she sees the state of her friend's arm. "Oh... senpai... This should help." She gently lifts the burnt arm and runs her fingers, shimmering with shadows, over the flesh. They pour out from her, and Sera feels Setsuna's essence flow inside of her, healing, calming.

Spoiler
    Show
    Healing Touch (x2). Heal target for equal amount of damage taken.
    Heal/damage amount 1: (9d6)[27]
    Heal/damage amount 2: (9d6)[43]
    Total Healed: 70

Hakkera's Aid spell will be recast on Setsuna before each Healing Touch, reducing her damage taken from healing by 28 total.

BTW, could we perhaps have about a four minute travel/break time while Setsuna's fast healing runs its course?

Conditions/Effects:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spells:
    Aid (entire party): 21 min
    Arcane Sight: Permanent
    Blur: 36 hrs
    Energy Immunity (fire, cold): 24 hrs
    Freedom of Movement: 3 hrs
    Imbue Familiar with Spell Ability (dimensional anchor, dispel magic, glitterdust, solid fog): 18 hrs
    Mage Armor: 18 hrs
    Mind Blank: 24 hrs
    Mirror Image, Greater: 26 min
    Moment of Prescience: 18 hrs
    See Invisibility: Permanent
    Superior Resistance: 24 hrs

Silent shadow Ball Lightning: 33 rounds

HP: 89/129
    Spells per day: 12 (16) 14 (12) 13 (13) 12 (12) 7 (0)

Condition and Effects (not including spells):
    +5 to saves against death effects, negative energy, energy drain; 1/day reroll failed save.
    +5 to saves against poison and disease; 1/day reroll failed save.
    +2 bonus to overcome SR.
    50% chance of deflecting a ranged attack if move 10 or more ft.
    Fast Healing 1.
    Resistance to fire 5, cold 5, electricity 5.
    Doubled carrying capacity.
    Ignore all hostile planar effects.
    Invisible.
    Breathe in any environment, ignore harmful vapors/gases.
    Suppress all confusion, fear and stunning conditions in allies in 20 ft radius.
    No need to eat or drink.
    Sleep 2 hours to gain effects of 8.

Immune: blinded, confusion, dazzled, exhaustion, fatigue, fear, grappling, mind-affecting, movement penalties, stunning.
    Last edited by Morcleon; 2012-11-19 at 02:10 PM.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

Seraciel

Sera looks away. She looks nothing more than ashamed at what has transpired thus far. "I did not want to be a burden..."

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Dot

Dot glances back at her new colleagues.

"You're both doing admirably. Time for self-recriminations when we're not on a rescue mission. Let's go."

21. - Top - End - #141

Furude Setsuna

"..." With a sigh and a faint bemused smile, Setsuna steps forwards and embraces Sera tightly and whispers in her ear. "Sera-senpai. You mean more to me than you know. Never think of yourself as a burden."

She steps back and smiles brightly. Taking Sera's hand, Setsuna pulls her forwards, toward the north. "Dot-san's right. We should get going now. Come on!"
    Last edited by Morcleon; 2012-11-19 at 03:07 PM.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Troll in the Playground

Coquika
    Coquika shakes her head in exasperation as she walks past the simpering duo and joins Peridot at the hallway. Glancing from side to side, she prepares to head down the Northern hall at the branch.
    I think we have kicked the hornet's nest now. The next trap will be even worse, I predict.
    If there's nothing out there, then what was that noise?

23. - Top - End - #143
    Titan in the Playground

Seraciel

Sera quietly obeys Furude once more. Upon reaching the door she murmurs a quiet "Peridot is right. Time is of the essence. I don't want this door to be here."
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2012-11-19 at 03:23 PM.

24. - Top - End - #144

Furude Setsuna

Quirking an eyebrow at her friend's last comment, Setsuna gently tugs Sera slightly away from the door. "Then, ah, in that case, perhaps we should step back and let the earth elemental remove said door..."
    Last edited by Morcleon; 2012-11-19 at 05:36 PM.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Titan in the Playground

Seraciel

Sera looks around, and comes to a realization. She figures that her problems are the fault of the necromancers her. Perhaps she may find a way to make them feel powerless as well...

"... but you could do it faster, couldn't you? Perhaps these people have made one too many transgressions to warrant leaving their facility intact. Destroy the next room as well. I will not protest this time."

The steely glare in her eyes relaxes a little. Entertaining this train of thought may not be productive. She shouldn't be using her best friend for her own gain either. Perhaps she should back down? Be less pushy? It's not like this is Furude's fault...

26. - Top - End - #146
    Bugbear in the Playground

"We shouldn't lose time," agrees Melinda. She creates water over her own head, unceremoniously quenching herself. Had she been alone, she would have left a token amount for the fifteen steps of safe passage it would have taken to cross the room, and a note in Draconic reading that negotiation instead of halitosis probably would have added to the hoard instead of diminishing it.

Apparently her more quick-fingered companions were prone to disagree. Melinda shoots them a wary glance. "All right, Setsuna. If that dragon comes back and gives our churches any trouble, dealing with it is now officially your problem," she simply says. Friends came and went, but enemies accumulated. The more they stole from the hoard, the more it was guaranteed that the dragon would come roaring back looking for blood. "And don't forget to set aside a portion for Kasia."
    Of the Core classes, Bard is the best. It optimizes the most important resource of them all: play time.

Grieve not greatly if thou be touched a-light, for an after-stroke is better if thou dare him smite.
    The Play with the Two-Hand Sword in Verse, circa 1430. British Museum manuscript #3542, ff 82-85.

Current avatar: Sascha Kincaid, a lost country girl in a big city. Aldhaven: Vicious Betrayals

27. - Top - End - #147

Furude Setsuna

Startled at her friend's sudden change in personality, Setsuna stands frozen for a moment. She stares back into Sera's grey eyes, her mouth a baffled 'o'. What had happened? Why the change? Was it something she had done...?

But then her hesitant expression changes into a (mostly) determined one. "...hai. I- I will do so."

She turns her gaze to the door, and slashes her hand down. The sound of nothing happening fills the chamber. Then, from the previous corridor, an orb of silently crackling electricity flies over and crashes into the door, slowly bending it through pure electromagnetic force.

As her lightning does its job, Setsuna turns to Melinda and nods with a slight chuckle. "Don't worry about the dragon. If it comes after us again, we can just take it out. Permanently, next time. As for Kasia's share, I'll do that once we get out of here."

Spoiler
    Show
    The same Ball Lightning spell from the skeleton part of the fight. Objects (in this case, the door) auto succeed on the Will save for 80% damage.
    Damage (w/o 80% adjustment): (15d6)[51]
    40 damage, with 80% adjustment.

Conditions/Effects:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spells:
    Aid (entire party): 21 min
    Arcane Sight: Permanent
    Blur: 36 hrs
    Energy Immunity (fire, cold): 24 hrs
    Freedom of Movement: 3 hrs
    Imbue Familiar with Spell Ability (dimensional anchor, dispel magic, glitterdust, solid fog): 18 hrs
    Mage Armor: 18 hrs
    Mind Blank: 24 hrs
    Mirror Image, Greater: 25 min
    Moment of Prescience: 18 hrs
    See Invisibility: Permanent
    Superior Resistance: 24 hrs

Silent shadow Ball Lightning: 32 rounds

HP: 90/129
    Spells per day: 12 (16) 14 (12) 13 (13) 12 (12) 7 (0)

Condition and Effects (not including spells):
    +5 to saves against death effects, negative energy, energy drain; 1/day reroll failed save.
    +5 to saves against poison and disease; 1/day reroll failed save.
    +2 bonus to overcome SR.
    50% chance of deflecting a ranged attack if move 10 or more ft.
    Fast Healing 1.
    Resistance to fire 5, cold 5, electricity 5.
    Doubled carrying capacity.
    Ignore all hostile planar effects.
    Breathe in any environment, ignore harmful vapors/gases.
    Suppress all confusion, fear and stunning conditions in allies in 20 ft radius.
    No need to eat or drink.
    Sleep 2 hours to gain effects of 8.

Immune: blinded, confusion, dazzled, exhaustion, fatigue, fear, grappling, mind-affecting, movement penalties, stunning.
    Last edited by Morcleon; 2012-11-19 at 06:15 PM.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    This group never just opens a door?

The door is splintered out of its frame, revealing the room beyond. The wall that the party is entering on is a 30 foot section, and the room itself is 30 by 40. The find the path spell leads right through a blank section of the wall beyond, however in between that wall and the party are 4 mummies. As one the mummies turn to the party, moving to attack. Many people in the party have seen mummies in the past, but at first glance, they can tell that these mummies are a lot bigger than the ones they have battled in the past.

(Roll initiative, OOC. Remember the order of the party, if you are in the back row, you will not be able to make an ordinary attack)

29. - Top - End - #149
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Drifting up towards the ceiling for a better view, Zippy's lip curls back as he sees the mummies.

"Now THESE will burn! Bandages are great kindling."

Gesturing, he sends another streak of fire toward the far side of the room, aiming to engulf all four mummies in the blast.

Spoiler
    Show
    5' step up to get a better view, and stay out of the way of others below. Standard action Fireball SLA - (10d6)[40], reflex save DC 17 for half. CL check vs possible SR: (1d20+15)[24].

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

Zippy's fireball explodes with great satisfaction. Unfortunately, when the smoke clears, the mummies do not appear to be singed in the least.

Taleira up, Drisae on deck, Setsuna in the hole, Dot to follow