New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Vs Play: Dungeons of Dredmor!

After too much waiting, I bring you the short life and death of Karma!
    Spoiler
    Show

Here is the girl herself, fresh out of Law School, and ready to bring Dredmor to justice! His crime? Failing to appear for jury duty.

After almost getting herself killed in the second room, Karma gains a level in Killer Vegan. Afterwards, the first floor seems to be a bit of a cakewalk, considering that the majority of 1st floor monsters are also Animals.

Karma completes her first sidequest and earns an Ash Ring. Not bad.

Things Karma has learned: #1, the Camera can break down walls. #2, Apparently there is nothing but the black abyss beyond them.

As Karma levels up, she puts her skill points into Perception. You can't escape from the eyes of the law! No fine print is illegible for her!

Upon completion of her second quest, she receives a rusty polearm. It has a slight debuff to hit rate, but with Perception, this is negligible, and so trades the Razor Sword for it.

Beige Warlock's robe!? He must be running around in the dungeon! And he left his wizard keys too! Karma will nab him for public indecency! In the meantime, she'll wear this robe.

Karma receives a third quest! Who is this evil doer?! A potato? Those monsterous ne'er-do-wells will-

Bees? A simple matter though, as it seems Karma's presence as triggered a revolution.

And Karma receives a new crossbow!

Spirits high, Karma descends further down the dungeon.
    "I'm the best! Around! Nothing ever gonna to keep me down!"

*Adrupt record scratch.* Oh. Oh this isn't going to end well...
    Karma valiantly throws her diggle companion into the hungry mouths of the monsters. Unfortunately, they are sick of diggle meat for days, and chase after her. One in particular, an Ent named Krunkarpkull the Eater of Fjords, rams into her.

VEGETABLES! HER ONLY WEAKNESS!!!

Sorry if some of the text in the images are hard to read, I have a huge monitor (1920x1080), so rather than keep it Large McLarge Huge, I've opted to resize each image by 50% so it won't stretch everyone else's screens.
    you know that I'm more than just a doll do you?-Geno
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Thecrimsonmage and By Shades of Gray by Akrim.elf

and current made by me.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

Everybody, say hi to Dill! Remember Dill? Dill is the poor schmuck with 3 different weapons skills, high Smithing, and nothing to Smith or Weapon with. Dill has been leaning on Psionics quite heavily. Dill is about to enter Dungeon Level 3. (Dill's situation is not quite so dire right now, having managed to acquire a not-completely-terrible weapon and some better armor at the end of the prior update.)

Dungeon Floor 3:
    Spoiler
    Show

5 rooms in.. Dill finally finds a Lutefisk Cube! This essential piece of adventuring gear allows him to transform useless items into marginally-less-useless lutefisk! This can be fed to Lutefisk Statues for artifacts, although with the smaller floors of NTTG Dill probably will not be able to acquire enough 'fisk to get anything decent. Mostly it allows Dill to play janitor and sweep clean the halls of Dredmor.

Then Dill finds another one in the next room. Okaaay. Little too much generosity there, game.

Dill cracks a monster zoo. It's a small one, single room. Nothing really notable. Dill levels halfway through it and attains the ultimate power of Psionics, Pyrokinesis (Unconditional Love is mostly just a neat gimmick. I shall not be taking it unless I actually run out of more useful levels to take.) This transforms the rest of the zoo from 'interesting tactical exercise' to 'BWAHAHAHA BURRRRRRRN!', with the exception of one annoyingly fire-resistant boss Raven that requires the application of Dill's remaining Acidball charges...

Until Dill gets a wee bit stupid and overconfident when clearing the back half of the zoo and hangs around a bunch of Octos and Djinns at low health. These spellcasting monsters are a pretty big risk to any build that can't effectively AoE clear, and in two rounds of at least of them choosing to cast rather than mill about aimlessly they bring Dill's luckless career in the Dungeons of Dredmor to an end.

Dilletante "He Fainted Like Lava"
    Killed by an Octo
    Floor 3

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh! Hi there thread! I forgot about you.
    The Adventures of Eyebrowsia will return no later than Wendsday, Eastren Standard Time.

Well, I completed the dungeon level and even took screenshots.
    I'm having trouble getting the screenies up.

She died to a Zomby in a Zoo on level 2.
    I hope you're happy.
    Last edited by Thanatos 51-50; 2013-01-02 at 08:50 PM.
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me
    Red and the Phasmavore by LCP