New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default Help! Need Tips on Running a One-shot of Monsters and Other Childish Things

So I recently got a copy of Monsters and Other Childish Things and someone asked me to run a one-shot of it. I have read through it a few times. I'm thinking of running the pre-made adventure at the end of the book called "What Did You Get For Christmas?". I'm just curious how long it takes to run and any tips on running it. Or if people have some better suggestions for a one-shot. I am a complete newbie to the One Roll Engine, so any advice on that front would also be appreciated.
    Last edited by Prospector; 2012-11-06 at 11:08 AM.
    Awesome Avatar by Darth Raynn.

PTA Character: Nikola Tesla Pathfinder Characters: Gilgar Nordum, Quartle, Zelgadis Greywords
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome Avatar by Szilard. Other Awesome Avatars by Darth Raynn.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Help! Need Tips on Running a One-shot of Monsters and Other Childish Things

*bump*

Anyone got any pointers for someone new to the system and GMing it?

PTA Character: Nikola Tesla Pathfinder Characters: Gilgar Nordum, Quartle, Zelgadis Greywords
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #3
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Help! Need Tips on Running a One-shot of Monsters and Other Childish Things

Go over to RPPR and have a listen to the actual plays
    http://actualplay.roleplayingpublicr...-system/maoct/

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

Thanks Fridrik Bj. Downloaded all they have and started listening to them. Any advice for preping as a GM for MaOCT?

Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #5
    Halfling in the Playground

No, I've never played Monsters. I just knew that there was a whole bunch of stuff on RPPR about it.