New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Giving up smoking... Let's hope it sticks this time.

I have nothing to offer but my support and, even if you don't make it, my respect. Shaking of such a thing is never easy, and even trying is a good move.
    Si non confectus, non reficiat.

The beautiful girl is courtesy of Serpentine
    My S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripjat Let's Play! Please give it a read, more than one constant reader would be nice!

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MageOfCakes View Post
    I have quit by using smokeless cigarettes (i.e. electronic ones)

Granted this isn't like really quitting as you are still getting nicotine, but it is cheaper and you are not getting all the tar and other junk as in a traditional cigarette. I also find I use them less than I would smoke normally. Anyway, it has worked for me and I find I breathe better. Good luck to you.
    How many inhales do you get from one of those E-Cigs? I would really like to quit smoking myself(as mentioned earlier in the thread, I've had no luck in previous attempts), but I've heard these are pretty good for weening yourself off, since you don't have to commit yourself to an entire cigarette, just take a couple of puffs to get the nic you want, then put it down.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    How many inhales do you get from one of those E-Cigs? I would really like to quit smoking myself(as mentioned earlier in the thread, I've had no luck in previous attempts), but I've heard these are pretty good for weening yourself off, since you don't have to commit yourself to an entire cigarette, just take a couple of puffs to get the nic you want, then put it down.
    You get about 200 inhales form an e-cig cartridge. They are indeed good for weening yourself off. After I got mine I quickly dropped to one real cigarette a day to none. Keep in mind that your body still craves other chemicals in cigarettes so don't get discouraged too much if you try it and don't quit entirely right away.
    Last edited by MageOfCakes; 2012-11-10 at 12:15 PM.
    Epic cake powers!
    Spoiler
    Show
    I know I'm not exactly Ace of Cakes but still a fun hobby. I enjoy working with chocolate so all the pieces are hand dipped.

"Grand Squisher of Hope"

Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    *Wonders what Yaoi is*

*Goes off to find out what it is*

I...I..... I can't get it out of my head.........

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, forth day of trying to quit and I'm about >< that far from having a hissy fit because the cravings are so bad.

Thank you all for the support and I'll be looking into how much one of the e-cigs costs.

Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

5. - Top - End - #35
    Barbarian in the Playground

Just found this thread, and I have to say keep going man. I'm sure it's bad now, but you will be sure to thank yourself in the future. I personally have never smoked, but my grandmother, now 72, smoked most of her life, right up the point that she was put on permanant Oxygen because her lungs are so ravaged by emphazima (spelling?).
    Quote Originally Posted by PrometheusMFD View Post
    I don't know what made me laugh harder, the original post or Hbgplayer's response
    One of the most interesting Derailments I've ever seen!
    Great Avatar by Ceika!
    Spoiler: Characters
    Show