Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 300 of 1473
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Soras Teva Gee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: My Little Pony LVI:S Has Left the Playground!

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Yet another season 3 opening clip It really is getting a bit much
    Spoiler
    Show
    Huh, if Shining's magic was only now countered by Sombra, why wasn't he helping Cadance previously?
    Assuming the second song is in the first episode we basically are only missing a final cliffhanger scene now I think.

    Given the arc of the first episode was pretty clear with from any number of the things... but yeah.

  2. - Top - End - #272
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Lix Lorn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Missing her corner
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: My Little Pony LVI:S Has Left the Playground!

    I like my spoiler policy. I read summaries, I don't watch clips, but I feel free to read all spoilers in this thread. I get the shadows cast by the spoilers xD
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

  3. - Top - End - #273
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Anarion's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Washington DC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: My Little Pony LVI:S Has Left the Playground!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    I like my spoiler policy. I read summaries, I don't watch clips, but I feel free to read all spoilers in this thread. I get the shadows cast by the spoilers xD
    So what do you think happens in the season premiere then?

    Unrelated, but best villain team-up (no S3 spoilers) right here
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lawyer Pony Avatar by Dirtytabs, exalted as an Eclipse by Elemental, now with a fancy robe.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    Dulce Et Decorum Est Pro Anarion Mori?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    You just highlandered an entire city block into a glass-filled storm by road-runnering down it in your underwear.

  4. - Top - End - #274
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Lix Lorn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Missing her corner
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: My Little Pony LVI:S Has Left the Playground!

    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    So what do you think happens in the season premiere then?

    Unrelated, but best villain team-up (no S3 spoilers) right here
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hmm. Well.

    Spoiler
    Show
    They go to the crystal empire with cadance and shining, and shining is remarkably incompetent in the face of king sombra being some kind of jerk.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

  5. - Top - End - #275
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Deadly's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    The Wasteland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: My Little Pony LVI:S Has Left the Playground!

    Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    good for you on correcting it before i had to sic 2nd best pegasus on you
    (it HURTS when she whacks you upside the head with her scooter)
    though i still had to make a minor correction to your text that you mistyped
    You rate them higher than Rainbow Dash?

    deviantArt | FiMFiction | Twitter | Skype : athecoon
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Fedora View Post
    Deadly, a delightfully daring drawer and drafter of dissertations. Defying the dictations of our disparate denizens, Deadly decides his direction with a dirth of dependence on the decisions of despotic desperados. Deadly detests dismissive derision, and will debate any dude or dame that dares to detest discussion.

  6. - Top - End - #276
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Soras Teva Gee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: My Little Pony LVI:S Has Left the Playground!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    I like my spoiler policy. I read summaries, I don't watch clips, but I feel free to read all spoilers in this thread. I get the shadows cast by the spoilers xD
    That's not a bad one actually. Though I'll stick with just plain old not caring. I find real spoilers so much rarer and just plain not there most of the time. Like we now can know most of one part of a two parter... but know nothing of the second. Yours isn't bad though

    Then again I'd probably like any policy that would obviate the silver buttons of doom.

  7. - Top - End - #277
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Maxtronaut's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    My personal dreadnaught.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: My Little Pony LVI:S Has Left the Playground!

    Guys.

    Guys.

    Hey, Guys.

    Buy this game. You will not regret your decision to do so.

    Oh, it seems Doctor Who is canon now with the pony universe.
    Last edited by Maxtronaut; 2012-11-08 at 06:01 PM.
    (Un?)official ponythread element of airships.

  8. - Top - End - #278
    Troll in the Playground
     
    BlasTech's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: My Little Pony LVI:S Has Left the Playground!

    Buy is a bit of a misleading word, because it's free. Just go download it.

    Been playing it a fair bit, I just got Pinkie Pie back in town. So far it seems rather vanilla city building; put buildings down, staff them with ponies, collect bits. You level the ponies up by playing minigames, higher levels equate to more profitable jobs I think.

    Anywhoo, it's definitely fulfilling my OCD citybuilding needs, and I like both the music and the fact they have the real VA's doing the character voices. Not sure about longevity though and I really want the android version to come out so I can play it on my tablet rather than the dinky iphone screen.

  9. - Top - End - #279
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Anarion's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Washington DC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: My Little Pony LVI:S Has Left the Playground!

    Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    Buy is a bit of a misleading word, because it's free. Just go download it.

    Been playing it a fair bit, I just got Pinkie Pie back in town. So far it seems rather vanilla city building; put buildings down, staff them with ponies, collect bits. You level the ponies up by playing minigames, higher levels equate to more profitable jobs I think.

    Anywhoo, it's definitely fulfilling my OCD citybuilding needs, and I like both the music and the fact they have the real VA's doing the character voices. Not sure about longevity though and I really want the android version to come out so I can play it on my tablet rather than the dinky iphone screen.
    Did you get the book shop and hat shop yet? They have much longer timers, which makes opening it up once a day to collect around 1000 coins and buying stuff/playing one round of minigames totally viable. I assume the later buildings have even longer timers, making it more of a once a day skinner box with ponies than anything else.

    Oh and I'm in process of making a gameloft account because I need friends so I can buy Scootaloo. Ironically, Scootaloo can only be purchased with the friendship currency. Poor dear.

    Edit: and done. Anarion55 if you want to add me on gameloft.
    Last edited by Anarion; 2012-11-08 at 06:24 PM.
    Lawyer Pony Avatar by Dirtytabs, exalted as an Eclipse by Elemental, now with a fancy robe.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    Dulce Et Decorum Est Pro Anarion Mori?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    You just highlandered an entire city block into a glass-filled storm by road-runnering down it in your underwear.

  10. - Top - End - #280
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Trixie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    TGaPT

    Default Re: My Little Pony LVI:S Has Left the Playground!

    Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Someone needs to find the comic where Lyra proclaims to Bon-Bon that the world was not made by ponies.
    Sure

    Spoiler
    Show


    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Like Trixie could ever beat Twilight...
    Yes, because bookworms with zero real world experience are obviously best at everthing

    Please, canon Twilight not only was defeated by mooks, pretty much every time she managed to defeat any obstacle it was after reading something like "How to cheat out way out of wet paper bag instead of actually fighting - for dummy purple unicorns". Name one instance where Twilight resolves anything without help of books or some friend basically solving it for her. If anything, all three independent attempts of solving in S3 horrifically backfired.

    Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Google/Wiktionary seems to indicate it is spanish for "offer".
    Spanish? -.-
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

    Spoiler
    Show


    >Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava ETsofu

    "Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

  11. - Top - End - #281
    Troll in the Playground
     
    t209's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: My Little Pony LVI:S Has Left the Playground!

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxtronaut View Post
    Guys.

    Guys.

    Hey, Guys.

    Buy this game. You will not regret your decision to do so.

    Oh, it seems Doctor Who is canon now with the pony universe.
    Soon!
    Spoiler
    Show
    We will discover the truth of Rarity's earth pony heritage, if Magnum (rarity's dad) take his hat off.
    Pony Minecraft Avatar by Dirtytabs
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

  12. - Top - End - #282
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    erikun's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008

    Default Re: My Little Pony LVI:S Has Left the Playground!

    Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Spanish? -.-
    It is a spanish word, to be fair. Although it seems I missed it being a polish and portuguese word as well, sorry.
    Thank you to zimmerwald1915 for the Gustave avatar.
    The full set is here.
    Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    There are no bad ideas, just bad execution.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Air Raccoon avatar provided by Ceika
    from the Request an OotS Style Avatar thread



    A big thanks to PrinceAquilaDei for the gryphon avatar!
    original image

  13. - Top - End - #283
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    otakuryoga's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Ashland, Kentucky

    Default Re: My Little Pony LVI:S Has Left the Playground!

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    You rate them higher than Rainbow Dash?
    i rate a LOT of ponies higher than Rainbow Dash


    Quote Originally Posted by Maxtronaut View Post
    why u so slow?
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

    And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

    full size avatar

  14. - Top - End - #284
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Pokonic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Malbolge
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: My Little Pony LVI:S Has Left the Playground!

    Quote Originally Posted by thubby View Post
    i would say AJ is a zombie, or maybe a ghoul/ghast.
    under-appreciated, but solid and dependable. you couldn't have an undead takeover without them.
    Ghoul, probably. Smart-ish, neverless.
    Quote Originally Posted by One Tin Soldier View Post
    I'm fond of Sin-Eaters, myself. Though they're probably too specific of a reference. Which is a shame, because they are so much fun.
    Essentially people who have a sort of symbiotic possession deal with a ghost/spirit/avatar of Death. They're a World of Darkness splat.
    Ahem, I give you: The Main Six in a all-line WoD game, with backrounds!

    Spoiler
    Show

    Twilight, after digging deep into the Canterlot Archives, manages to track down one of Starswirls personal writings. However, she notices something...odd: Little snippits involving something called the "Mysterium" peppered in amongst otherwise normal letters. Before she knows it, she's a full-blown Obrimos.

    Rarity's grace led to her end, as a "dragon" wished for her to be a jewel in his hoard. To be exact, she ended up excaping as a Fairest of the Treasured Kith. To be frank, she's taken it well, besides when Spike is around. To her shock (and mild amusment), her friends thought she was on a short leave to Canterlot the whole time she was in the flaming furnace of the dragons lair.

    Applejack has a pretty normal route to magical-creaturehood. Big Mac was out at a week-long fair, and it was up to her to watch over the fields. Unfortunatly, while she has had her fair experiance with Everfree beasts, her first encounter with a vampire ended up being her last. Now a Gangrel with no little confusion about her currant situation, she's taken up being "sick" and coming out to buck apples at night.

    While she vaugly understands what she is, and has worked out a "agreement" with Betsy and the other cattle of SAA to lend some blood to fill a pail every other week, she's prepared to go off to Zecora and see what she can do. At the moment, she is on her way to being a literal Shepherds.


    Fluttershy had the strangest of nights.

    I mean, ponies just don't black out while walking in the Everfree, right? I mean, some do, but they do not find there way back home. The only other pony Fluttershy knows who has a tendancy to have blackouts like that was her uncle Stormheart, who, dispite his name, was nice and friendly, if slightly off. Perhapes it would be worth tracking him down to see if it's a issue of genetics.


    Pinkie Pie is a lucky punk. She was told to bake a cake with a opening so that she could jump out of it, but she got the order mixed up and baked herself in the cake. But she lived, because Fate is a sucker for slapstick. Well, a talking bag of flour thats actualy made of tiny white maggots that each sound like a pony she knows showed up after she somehow survived, but he's gone all silent on her after she threw him a party.

    Actualy, Apple Bloom claims to have saw a bunch of ghosts in a forgotten village in the Everfree, but it sounds all sunny and stuff. What could possibly go wrong?


    Rainbow Dash...is a Hunter. Turns out that she signed the wrong form in the mail: what she thought was a invite to a Wonderbolt's conferance was in fact a invite to a secret order that protects ponykind. Before she knew it, she was in a small tent in the middle of the Samara.


    Also, on Zecora: Apple Bloom once asked her how she knew so much about the world. She replied:

    To ask of the ways death had died, the birth of a Ulgan is but a lie.

    I cannot rhyme, but one can get the point.

    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post


    Pinkie invents airplanes?
    No, heliocopters.


    Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    New headcannon: Silent Night is really a genderbent Twilight Sparkle from an alternate dimension.
    Naw...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    With completely different goals, personality, personal history, methodology and appearence.
    ...he's the genderbent VS version of Twilight, apparently.


    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    *Wights
    *Phylactery


    I feel you may be just a little bias. :P
    Ah, english, how I loath thee.
    Well, one time at Bard camp...
    Former avatars & Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

    Former avatar, had it since I started realy posting here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.

    It involves high fantasy and ponies. Take a look!

  15. - Top - End - #285
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Deadly's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    The Wasteland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: My Little Pony LVI:S Has Left the Playground!

    Argh, I just got yet another fan fic idea! And it even looks like the concept might not have been done before (based on a quick search), which is amazing if true.

    I have to write this one! I can't possibly not write it! But I have so many to write already

    Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    i rate a LOT of ponies higher than Rainbow Dash
    But ... but she's Best Pony!

    Why?

    deviantArt | FiMFiction | Twitter | Skype : athecoon
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Fedora View Post
    Deadly, a delightfully daring drawer and drafter of dissertations. Defying the dictations of our disparate denizens, Deadly decides his direction with a dirth of dependence on the decisions of despotic desperados. Deadly detests dismissive derision, and will debate any dude or dame that dares to detest discussion.

  16. - Top - End - #286
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Forum Explorer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: My Little Pony LVI:S Has Left the Playground!

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    Ghoul, probably. Smart-ish, neverless.


    Ahem, I give you: The Main Six in a all-line WoD game, with backrounds!

    Spoiler
    Show

    Twilight, after digging deep into the Canterlot Archives, manages to track down one of Starswirls personal writings. However, she notices something...odd: Little snippits involving something called the "Mysterium" peppered in amongst otherwise normal letters. Before she knows it, she's a full-blown Obrimos.

    Rarity's grace led to her end, as a "dragon" wished for her to be a jewel in his hoard. To be exact, she ended up excaping as a Fairest of the Treasured Kith. To be frank, she's taken it well, besides when Spike is around. To her shock (and mild amusment), her friends thought she was on a short leave to Canterlot the whole time she was in the flaming furnace of the dragons lair.

    Applejack has a pretty normal route to magical-creaturehood. Big Mac was out at a week-long fair, and it was up to her to watch over the fields. Unfortunatly, while she has had her fair experiance with Everfree beasts, her first encounter with a vampire ended up being her last. Now a Gangrel with no little confusion about her currant situation, she's taken up being "sick" and coming out to buck apples at night.

    While she vaugly understands what she is, and has worked out a "agreement" with Betsy and the other cattle of SAA to lend some blood to fill a pail every other week, she's prepared to go off to Zecora and see what she can do. At the moment, she is on her way to being a literal Shepherds.


    Fluttershy had the strangest of nights.

    I mean, ponies just don't black out while walking in the Everfree, right? I mean, some do, but they do not find there way back home. The only other pony Fluttershy knows who has a tendancy to have blackouts like that was her uncle Stormheart, who, dispite his name, was nice and friendly, if slightly off. Perhapes it would be worth tracking him down to see if it's a issue of genetics.


    Pinkie Pie is a lucky punk. She was told to bake a cake with a opening so that she could jump out of it, but she got the order mixed up and baked herself in the cake. But she lived, because Fate is a sucker for slapstick. Well, a talking bag of flour thats actualy made of tiny white maggots that each sound like a pony she knows showed up after she somehow survived, but he's gone all silent on her after she threw him a party.

    Actualy, Apple Bloom claims to have saw a bunch of ghosts in a forgotten village in the Everfree, but it sounds all sunny and stuff. What could possibly go wrong?


    Rainbow Dash...is a Hunter. Turns out that she signed the wrong form in the mail: what she thought was a invite to a Wonderbolt's conferance was in fact a invite to a secret order that protects ponykind. Before she knew it, she was in a small tent in the middle of the Samara.


    Also, on Zecora: Apple Bloom once asked her how she knew so much about the world. She replied:

    To ask of the ways death had died, the birth of a Ulgan is but a lie.

    I cannot rhyme, but one can get the point.


    What's Fluttershy? (I'm thinking Werewolf.) Actually what's Pinkie supposed to be as well.

    Because I'm most familiar with Changling here's what I think they'd be as each changling type

    Twilight: Wizend

    Fluttershy: Beast

    Rarity: Fairest

    Pinkie Pie: Darkling

    Rainbow Dash: Elemental

    Applejack: Ogre
    Last edited by Forum Explorer; 2012-11-08 at 07:10 PM.
    In order to understand recursion you must first understand recursion.


    Thanks to Elder Tsofu for my new Lancer Avatar

  17. - Top - End - #287
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Weimann's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: My Little Pony LVI:S Has Left the Playground!

    So something that struck me.

    BronyCon: The Documentary has changed its name to "Bronies: The Extremely Unexpected Adult Fans of My Little Pony". My first reaction was that the subtitle was a bit unwieldy, but then I realised it was more than than: it was actually wrong.

    Let's look at this. It begins with "Bronies", fair enough. The subtitle then goes on to clarify this term. So bronies are the "Extremely Unexpected Adult Fans" of My Little Pony.

    My first reaction is to leave out "Extremely"; it's an unnecessary amplifier that makes the title sound garish and sensationalist, like it can't stand on its own but has to shout to convince the audience to pay attention. The next words are "Unexpected" and "Adult". "Unexpected" is... debatable, but "Adult" is, in my head, flat out false. While that may describe the public image of the bronies, I feel that it excludes many, for example the intended audience of the show. I ask, is not enjoying My Little Pony enough to make one a brony? Does one have to be "Adult" as well?

    If I get to have my ways, which I don't, but if I could, I'd have changed the title to "Bronies: The Fans of My Little Pony". Because in my head, that's all there is to it.
    Quoth the raven, "Polly wants a cracker."

    Pony avatar by the Great and Powerful DirtyTabs. Lotsa hugs!

    Scourge Caste avatar by the illustrious Akrim.elf. Thank you!

  18. - Top - End - #288
    Troll in the Playground
     
    BlasTech's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: My Little Pony LVI:S Has Left the Playground!

    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Did you get the book shop and hat shop yet? They have much longer timers, which makes opening it up once a day to collect around 1000 coins and buying stuff/playing one round of minigames totally viable. I assume the later buildings have even longer timers, making it more of a once a day skinner box with ponies than anything else.

    Oh and I'm in process of making a gameloft account because I need friends so I can buy Scootaloo. Ironically, Scootaloo can only be purchased with the friendship currency. Poor dear.

    Edit: and done. Anarion55 if you want to add me on gameloft.
    I've got the carrot farm and the bookstore, but no hat shop yet. I won't be making a gameloft account until the android version comes out, but I'll look you up when I do ^^

    Any idea on what you use harmony shards for? I keep feeding laughter ones to the shrine but only get about 5 bits at a time. Don't want to use them all up in case of parasprite attack.

  19. - Top - End - #289
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Pokonic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Malbolge
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: My Little Pony LVI:S Has Left the Playground!

    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    What's Fluttershy? (I'm thinking Werewolf.) Actually what's Pinkie supposed to be as well.
    Flutter's is a Werewolf with relations in the Storm Lord tribe, albet one with no idea about her initate powers.


    Pinkie is a Sin-Eater of the Forgotten...whatever that series calles there classes. Anyway, the evil sack of flour was her Geist, but Pinkie out-crazied it and now sits very still in Sugercube Corner.
    Well, one time at Bard camp...
    Former avatars & Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

    Former avatar, had it since I started realy posting here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.

    It involves high fantasy and ponies. Take a look!

  20. - Top - End - #290
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Aotrs Commander's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Derby, UK and Bleak Despair battlestation. Species: Spirit-Bound Skeletal Lich (Lawful Evil)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: My Little Pony LVI:S Has Left the Playground!

    Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    meh..that doesn't sound so bad..we get that all the time here and are used to it

    ...

    ...

    wait, you meant by something OTHER than friendship cannons didn't you?
    Yes.

    Yes, I did.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    I feel you may be just a little bias. :P
    Nope. I am entirely backed up by science. We've done studies. And, as the Aotrs has been a functional organisation for over two thousand five hundred years, we have commissioned a LOT of studies.

    And they have all pointed to the superiority of the Spirit-Bound Lich over all other forms of Undead (and forms of life, come to that).

    It's SCIENCE. I'm totally justified.

    Also, the fact that in the same post as you corrected Pokonic's linguistic mistakes, you made one of your own (it's biased) is hilarious.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Name one instance where Twilight resolves anything without help of books or some friend basically solving it for her.
    ... Subduing the Ursa Minor, which Trixie had previously failed to do...?

  21. - Top - End - #291
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Alabenson's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: My Little Pony LVI:S Has Left the Playground!

    Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    ... Subduing the Ursa Minor, which Trixie had previously failed to do...?
    To be fair, Twilight was implied to have just spent an extended period of time studying the Ursa Minor, so I'm not sure if that would count as succeeding sans books.
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

    When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

    My Homebrew


  22. - Top - End - #292
    Troll in the Playground
     
    MCerberus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    St. Louis
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: My Little Pony LVI:S Has Left the Playground!

    Important random question:

    Pinkiepool or Spider-Pie?
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show


    Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

    Ask blogs: Screwball and Derpy | Gummy

  23. - Top - End - #293
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Aotrs Commander's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Derby, UK and Bleak Despair battlestation. Species: Spirit-Bound Skeletal Lich (Lawful Evil)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: My Little Pony LVI:S Has Left the Playground!

    Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Important random question:

    Pinkiepool or Spider-Pie?
    Imma gonna stick with the aforepictured Jubipinkiee, personally...
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2012-11-08 at 07:55 PM.

  24. - Top - End - #294
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Alabenson's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: My Little Pony LVI:S Has Left the Playground!

    Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Important random question:

    Pinkiepool or Spider-Pie?
    Neither.
    Spoiler
    Show
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

    When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

    My Homebrew


  25. - Top - End - #295
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Forum Explorer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: My Little Pony LVI:S Has Left the Playground!

    Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Important random question:

    Pinkiepool or Spider-Pie?
    Pinkiepool



    Also my I-phone can't run the new Pony game.
    In order to understand recursion you must first understand recursion.


    Thanks to Elder Tsofu for my new Lancer Avatar

  26. - Top - End - #296
    Troll in the Playground
     
    MCerberus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    St. Louis
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: My Little Pony LVI:S Has Left the Playground!

    Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Imma gonna stick with the aforepictured Jubipinkiee, personally...
    Heresy

    Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    Neither.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Not Applejack, not batmare.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show


    Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

    Ask blogs: Screwball and Derpy | Gummy

  27. - Top - End - #297
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Soras Teva Gee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: My Little Pony LVI:S Has Left the Playground!

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxtronaut View Post
    Noooope.

    Big Mac is right you need to check the description. In general NEVER trust a comic book cover to have more then a tertiary relationship with the content in this era. Here its evidently not even that, just a great mythology gag.

  28. - Top - End - #298
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Maxtronaut's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    My personal dreadnaught.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: My Little Pony LVI:S Has Left the Playground!

    Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Noooope.

    Big Mac is right you need to check the description. In general NEVER trust a comic book cover to have more then a tertiary relationship with the content in this era. Here its evidently not even that, just a great mythology gag.
    Faust dammit.

    Wait, so are the comic books canon with the show or not? If so, I'm gonna have some serious problems in the near future.
    (Un?)official ponythread element of airships.

  29. - Top - End - #299
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Tiki Snakes's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Crystal Wasteland

    Default Re: My Little Pony LVI:S Has Left the Playground!

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    Ghoul, probably. Smart-ish, neverless.


    Ahem, I give you: The Main Six in a all-line WoD game, with backrounds!

    Spoiler
    Show

    Twilight, after digging deep into the Canterlot Archives, manages to track down one of Starswirls personal writings. However, she notices something...odd: Little snippits involving something called the "Mysterium" peppered in amongst otherwise normal letters. Before she knows it, she's a full-blown Obrimos.

    Rarity's grace led to her end, as a "dragon" wished for her to be a jewel in his hoard. To be exact, she ended up excaping as a Fairest of the Treasured Kith. To be frank, she's taken it well, besides when Spike is around. To her shock (and mild amusment), her friends thought she was on a short leave to Canterlot the whole time she was in the flaming furnace of the dragons lair.

    Applejack has a pretty normal route to magical-creaturehood. Big Mac was out at a week-long fair, and it was up to her to watch over the fields. Unfortunatly, while she has had her fair experiance with Everfree beasts, her first encounter with a vampire ended up being her last. Now a Gangrel with no little confusion about her currant situation, she's taken up being "sick" and coming out to buck apples at night.

    While she vaugly understands what she is, and has worked out a "agreement" with Betsy and the other cattle of SAA to lend some blood to fill a pail every other week, she's prepared to go off to Zecora and see what she can do. At the moment, she is on her way to being a literal Shepherds.


    Fluttershy had the strangest of nights.

    I mean, ponies just don't black out while walking in the Everfree, right? I mean, some do, but they do not find there way back home. The only other pony Fluttershy knows who has a tendancy to have blackouts like that was her uncle Stormheart, who, dispite his name, was nice and friendly, if slightly off. Perhapes it would be worth tracking him down to see if it's a issue of genetics.


    Pinkie Pie is a lucky punk. She was told to bake a cake with a opening so that she could jump out of it, but she got the order mixed up and baked herself in the cake. But she lived, because Fate is a sucker for slapstick. Well, a talking bag of flour thats actualy made of tiny white maggots that each sound like a pony she knows showed up after she somehow survived, but he's gone all silent on her after she threw him a party.

    Actualy, Apple Bloom claims to have saw a bunch of ghosts in a forgotten village in the Everfree, but it sounds all sunny and stuff. What could possibly go wrong?


    Rainbow Dash...is a Hunter. Turns out that she signed the wrong form in the mail: what she thought was a invite to a Wonderbolt's conferance was in fact a invite to a secret order that protects ponykind. Before she knew it, she was in a small tent in the middle of the Samara.


    Also, on Zecora: Apple Bloom once asked her how she knew so much about the world. She replied:

    To ask of the ways death had died, the birth of a Ulgan is but a lie.

    I cannot rhyme, but one can get the point.



    No, heliocopters.




    Naw...


    ...he's the genderbent VS version of Twilight, apparently.




    Ah, english, how I loath thee.
    Applejack as a vampire and Rarity as a Changeling? That's....interesting.

    Personally, I'd shuffle it a bit. Rarity fits too well with the blood-suckers, Applejack and the apple family make a great pack of werewolves, (especially with the whole granny smith, zap apples, timberwolves thing), and Fluttershy would make a pretty good changeling (Taken by a Fae because she is pretty and ornamental and won't make any irritating noises? To the Fae, she would be a perfectly adorable decoration, or a pretty little servant, or even an exhibit in a glass cage, like a pinned butterfly).

    Edit - I doubt very strongly the comics will be a source of show-canon, rather their own thing.
    More importantly, it's just a limited edition cover, not anything to do with the contents of the book.
    Last edited by Tiki Snakes; 2012-11-08 at 08:38 PM.

  30. - Top - End - #300
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Pokonic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Malbolge
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: My Little Pony LVI:S Has Left the Playground!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    Applejack as a vampire and Rarity as a Changeling? That's....interesting.

    Personally, I'd shuffle it a bit. Rarity fits too well with the blood-suckers, Applejack and the apple family make a great pack of werewolves, (especially with the whole granny smith, zap apples, timberwolves thing), and Fluttershy would make a pretty good changeling (Taken by a Fae because she is pretty and ornamental and won't make any irritating noises? To the Fae, she would be a perfectly adorable decoration, or a pretty little servant, or even an exhibit in a glass cage, like a pinned butterfly).
    Well, Rarity is the perfect Fairest, and whats more fitting for a pony that can find gems to spend a few....daycycles as a gem? Also, as a bonus, her Fetch was actualy getting increadably popular up in Canterlot because it forgot Rarity had friends, hence no need to spend time away from Fancy-Pants related activites. As such, she comes back not only emotionaly broken, but with a distinct fear of dragons and being forced between equaly viable paths.


    But Applejack's and Fluttershy's situations are nigh-interchangable, realy. Flutters developing a taste for her animal friends and the Apples being Werewolfs, or at least Kinsfolk, are both options. However, I would like to think that Applebloom, at the very least, would be moderatly supernaturaly aware if we go with the idea that something akin to The Story of The Blanks happened at some time, and the Vampire gameline, strangely enough, mix's better with Geist than Werewolf's.

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxtronaut View Post
    Faust dammit.

    Wait, so are the comic books canon with the show or not? If so, I'm gonna have some serious problems in the near future.
    Not realy, unless stated otherwise.
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2012-11-08 at 08:51 PM.
    Well, one time at Bard camp...
    Former avatars & Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

    Former avatar, had it since I started realy posting here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.

    It involves high fantasy and ponies. Take a look!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •