New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony LVI:S Has Left the Playground!

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    Flutter's is a Werewolf with relations in the Storm Lord tribe, albet one with no idea about her initate powers.

Pinkie is a Sin-Eater of the Forgotten...whatever that series calles there classes. Anyway, the evil sack of flour was her Geist, but Pinkie out-crazied it and now sits very still in Sugercube Corner.
    Gangrel, I'm telling you. Best pony should be best Vampire clan.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Titan in the Playground

Rarity does make a great fairest, but if your going for one pony per line, that means someone has to be a vampire, and I don't think that Applejack is more Vampire than Rarity.

As for the Wolves, I just think that the Apple Family angle makes them the more obvious wolves, as the whole pack thing should be a significant theme.

I know next to nothing about geist. But what does vampire mixing well with geist have to do with anything? Applejack and Pinkie do so very little together.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtronaut View Post
    Faust dammit.

Wait, so are the comic books canon with the show or not? If so, I'm gonna have some serious problems in the near future.
    Its a tie-in, which are overwhelmingly separate canons. Unless we have a particular reason too, like the staff saying they are.

Seriously everypony needs to figure out that if it isn't on air its pretty much not canon.

Mayor Mare for example, still is canonically only known by her title.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Ogre in the Playground

Ghoul, probably. Smart-ish, neverless.

Ahem, I give you: The Main Six in a all-line WoD game, with backrounds!

Spoiler
    Show

Twilight, after digging deep into the Canterlot Archives, manages to track down one of Starswirls personal writings. However, she notices something...odd: Little snippits involving something called the "Mysterium" peppered in amongst otherwise normal letters. Before she knows it, she's a full-blown Obrimos.

Rarity's grace led to her end, as a "dragon" wished for her to be a jewel in his hoard. To be exact, she ended up excaping as a Fairest of the Treasured Kith. To be frank, she's taken it well, besides when Spike is around. To her shock (and mild amusment), her friends thought she was on a short leave to Canterlot the whole time she was in the flaming furnace of the dragons lair.

Applejack has a pretty normal route to magical-creaturehood. Big Mac was out at a week-long fair, and it was up to her to watch over the fields. Unfortunatly, while she has had her fair experiance with Everfree beasts, her first encounter with a vampire ended up being her last. Now a Gangrel with no little confusion about her currant situation, she's taken up being "sick" and coming out to buck apples at night.

While she vaugly understands what she is, and has worked out a "agreement" with Betsy and the other cattle of SAA to lend some blood to fill a pail every other week, she's prepared to go off to Zecora and see what she can do. At the moment, she is on her way to being a literal Shepherds.

Fluttershy had the strangest of nights.

I mean, ponies just don't black out while walking in the Everfree, right? I mean, some do, but they do not find there way back home. The only other pony Fluttershy knows who has a tendancy to have blackouts like that was her uncle Stormheart, who, dispite his name, was nice and friendly, if slightly off. Perhapes it would be worth tracking him down to see if it's a issue of genetics.

Pinkie Pie is a lucky punk. She was told to bake a cake with a opening so that she could jump out of it, but she got the order mixed up and baked herself in the cake. But she lived, because Fate is a sucker for slapstick. Well, a talking bag of flour thats actualy made of tiny white maggots that each sound like a pony she knows showed up after she somehow survived, but he's gone all silent on her after she threw him a party.

Actualy, Apple Bloom claims to have saw a bunch of ghosts in a forgotten village in the Everfree, but it sounds all sunny and stuff. What could possibly go wrong?

Rainbow Dash...is a Hunter. Turns out that she signed the wrong form in the mail: what she thought was a invite to a Wonderbolt's conferance was in fact a invite to a secret order that protects ponykind. Before she knew it, she was in a small tent in the middle of the Samara.

Also, on Zecora: Apple Bloom once asked her how she knew so much about the world. She replied:

To ask of the ways death had died, the birth of an Ulgan is but a lie.

I cannot rhyme, but one can get the point.

Yes, wonderful. I'm going to have to let this play out in my head a little bit. In fact, I'm almost tempted to write something, if I had any idea where the story would go and I wasn't currently crushed by schoolwork.

Zecora in particular fits really well. Though the Disquiet must either have less power in Equestria, or something very strange is up with Apple Bloom. I'm not terribly familiar with Promethean, but I do know that even other supernaturals get hit by Disquiet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    Applejack as a vampire and Rarity as a Changeling? That's....interesting.

Personally, I'd shuffle it a bit. Rarity fits too well with the blood-suckers, Applejack and the apple family make a great pack of werewolves, (especially with the whole granny smith, zap apples, timberwolves thing), and Fluttershy would make a pretty good changeling (Taken by a Fae because she is pretty and ornamental and won't make any irritating noises? To the Fae, she would be a perfectly adorable decoration, or a pretty little servant, or even an exhibit in a glass cage, like a pinned butterfly).
    I can see Applejack as a vampire, mostly because of that one Halloween fic that got passed around. Though your ideas are neat as well. I'd see Fluttershy ending up as either a Wizened or a Fairest under those conditions. Rarity is obviously a Deava. Applejack's auspice and tribe are a bit harder to pin down. I can see arguments for both Rahu and Elodoth, with Rahu being a bit stronger. Maybe the Apple family works on its own outside of the Tribes.

Hmm, now I want to go and see how WoD mythology could transfer over to Equestria. I'll get back to you guys on that...
    One Tin Pony avatar by Balmas

Current Projects: Dragon: the Inheritance

5. - Top - End - #305
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post

But Applejack is a Grangrel....

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    Rarity does make a great fairest, but if your going for one pony per line, that means someone has to be a vampire, and I don't think that Applejack is more Vampire than Rarity.
    While one could have Rarity swept off her hooves by some charming stallion, only for him to attack her jugular and leave her for dead, thats nearly, dare I say it, typical. Most !!vampire!! fics in the fanbase revolve around either her or Twilight, so Vampyjack-

As for the Wolves, I just think that the Apple Family angle makes them the more obvious wolves, as the whole pack thing should be a significant theme.
    -makes less sense then apple-themed werewolf pack, but-
    I know next to nothing about geist. But what does vampire mixing well with geist have to do with anything? Applejack and Pinkie do so very little together.
    - I have to admit I just pulled this list from notes about a fanfic that I almost helped create.

More notes include the Everfree being a prime source of unhappy spirits of both Werewolf and Geist flavor, Rex and Katrina showing up as a pair of wayword Changelings, with Katrina nearly at the brink of going True Fae, Sunnytown getting its first party in a few hundred years, and Zecora being the first entity most of the main six goes to talk to about there respective conditions.
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2012-11-08 at 09:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

6. - Top - End - #306
    Ogre in the Playground

While one could have Rarity swept off her hooves by some charming stallion, only for him to attack her jugular and leave her for dead, thats nearly, dare I say it, typical. Most !!vampire!! fics in the fanbase revolve around either her or Twilight, so Vampyjack-

- I have to admit I just pulled this list from notes about a fanfic that I almost helped create.
    ...So, it was going to involve ApplePie? That's the only reason I can think of why the two splats getting along would particularly matter.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Ogre in the Playground

I thought Applejack was Toreador. Then again, I forgot what Toreador are.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Ogre in the Playground

I thought Applejack was Toreador. Then again, I forgot what Toreador are.
    Well for a start Toreador are oWoD, not nWoD, which is what we are discussing. (Well, technically they still exist, but only as an offshoot bloodline.)

9. - Top - End - #309
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by One Tin Soldier View Post
    Well for a start Toreador are oWoD, not nWoD, which is what we are discussing. (Well, technically they still exist, but only as an offshoot bloodline.)
    Oh...well. See, I know Vampire: The Masquerade. I know nothing beyond that.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Name one instance where Twilight resolves anything without help of books or some friend basically solving it for her.
    Resolves anything?

Season 1, episode 3. Twilight makes a decision regarding the tickets.
    Season 2, episode 2. Twilight restores her friends so that the Elements of Harmony can be used.
    Season 2, episode 24. Twilight discerns precisely who vandalized Pinkie's cake.

There are other examples I thought of, but I figured they were too close to your conditions for comfort.
    Level 4 Bibliophile/Level 3 Bard, working toward the Bibliomancer Prestige Class

Brandon Sanderson recommender... In The Playground!

11. - Top - End - #311

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Important random question:

Pinkiepool or Spider-Pie?
    Pinkiepool all the way.

So you're saying that Rainbow Dash is a vampire, then?
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

12. - Top - End - #312
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    Pinkiepool all the way.
    Seconded, thirded, and seventeenthed.
    (Un?)official ponythread element of airships.

13. - Top - End - #313

...So, it was going to involve ApplePie? That's the only reason I can think of why the two splats getting along would particularly matter.
    No, but the three (Applejack, Fluttershy, and Pinkie) would be among the first to find out each-others "situation", and all of them would eventualy deal with things in the Everfree Forest (Sire-finding, spirit-dealing, and spirit-partying accordingly). By contrast, Twilight would have a general idea that Rarity is..off during "her" stay in Canterlot, while Dash would return to Ponyville knowing something odd is going down but has no clue that the activity she is half-investigating is being caused by her own friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

14. - Top - End - #314
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    I don't follow.
    XD

This of course assumes you don't simply go the most obvious route and make them all Spirit-Bound Liches, which would be easy for Twilight to do. (Okay, it might take her some effort to do it to herself, but it's Twilight. She could totally manage it.) Because then they be Best Undead and well as Best Ponies.
    Best for an egalitarian dynastic military economic superpower with the technology and science necessary to distill the concept put of its theological and philosophical roots, and actuality it maybe. Best? No. Because if everyone could divine the matter and reach that level of understanding, we wouldn't have lesser undead.

Well.

Um.

Yes.

That... clearly happened.
    The question is what is it that happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    You'll need to be more specific.

The Pony Castlevania demo can be found in the description of this YouTube video.

The Gameloft My Little Pony game is out on iOS devices in America, Germany, and Australia. Just search "My Little Pony" on the app store and look for one by Gameloft. I think it's the third or fourth one in the search results.

Luna's pumpkin launcher, which Deadly and I posted about around Halloween can be found here.

And if you're just itching for pony games in general, check out Futzi01's gallery. His stuff is really good.
    Castlevania demo? Glee~

Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Well I just finished the first Ulrika the Vampire Warhammer book (Bloodborn) so this has been on my mind for the last day or so.

Wouldn't grimdark mostly be just horror? I mean, it is a setting where everything is bad and everything that happens just makes things worse, where there are no good endings, and where the only ones getting out of it are the ignorant and the monsters. The biggest difference I've seen between the two are the protagonists - grimdark tends to have heroic characters fail while horror uses mundane ones - but that seems to make it more of a heroic horror genre.

Of course, I realize that grimdark has changed a bit from it's "original" meaning. It originally was used to describe W40k in an overly dramatic manner, as both GRIM and DARK and thus GRIMDARK. W40k is grim and it is dark, but it does throw a lot of humor in the form of parody around. Calling W40k horror might be as accurate as calling Diskworld heroic fantasy - technically correct but it kind of ignores the whole self-parody aspect of it.

Then again, most of the stories I've read that could be described as "grimdark" involve a single Space Wolf omnibus and various Warhammer vampire books. Perhaps my image of the term is just slanted towards the horror genre.

(Not meant to single out SiuiS, just making conversation. Everyone, feel free to respond with your own thoughts as well.)
    Less a horror film, more a slasher one. SAW is Grimdark. Horror is usually just dark, I think. Things which naturally acrete to make you feel the world is a terrible place... But in which joy can still spring. People, added to Asari setting, who are not themselves taken over by darkness can shine.

Grimdark is where two factions of evil fight over the bloated corpse of good for the choicest bits.

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    New headcannon: Silent Night is really a genderbent Twilight Sparkle from an alternate dimension.
    What ho, genderbent? When's the last time you checked under the hood? Who knows.

You know, given the number of bronies in the military, I have to wonder if there are any Abrams tank crews that have nicknamed their vehicle "the party cannon".[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    A pretty good Rainbow Dash cosplay
    Spoiler
    Show

It's very rare that cosplays works, in my opinion. This one could use a little more tan, this being Dash, but the hair works surprisingly well and the dress is excellent.
    Nice. Love the hair, and it looks like its hers too.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Huh ... how is it provocative?
    Lollipop near mouth = erotic intent.

Trixie is the kind of pony that likes to fight dirty. It's written right there in her character.
    Spoilers guys. You are all TERRIBLE at this.

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    What's Fluttershy? (I'm thinking Werewolf.) Actually what's Pinkie supposed to be as well.

Because I'm most familiar with Changling here's what I think they'd be as each changling type

Twilight: Wizend

Fluttershy: Beast

Rarity: Fairest

Pinkie Pie: Darkling

Rainbow Dash: Elemental

Applejack: Ogre
    Nah, I would actually place AJ as a plant elemental critter, Pinkie as a fairest who partied for her master, and Rarity as a wizened gem fifer with Striking Looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Weimann View Post
    So something that struck me.

BronyCon: The Documentary has changed its name to "Bronies: The Extremely Unexpected Adult Fans of My Little Pony". My first reaction was that the subtitle was a bit unwieldy, but then I realised it was more than than: it was actually wrong.

Let's look at this. It begins with "Bronies", fair enough. The subtitle then goes on to clarify this term. So bronies are the "Extremely Unexpected Adult Fans" of My Little Pony.

My first reaction is to leave out "Extremely"; it's an unnecessary amplifier that makes the title sound garish and sensationalist, like it can't stand on its own but has to shout to convince the audience to pay attention. The next words are "Unexpected" and "Adult". "Unexpected" is... debatable, but "Adult" is, in my head, flat out false. While that may describe the public image of the bronies, I feel that it excludes many, for example the intended audience of the show. I ask, is not enjoying My Little Pony enough to make one a brony? Does one have to be "Adult" as well?

If I get to have my ways, which I don't, but if I could, I'd have changed the title to "Bronies: The Fans of My Little Pony". Because in my head, that's all there is to it.
    Yeah.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post

Any idea on what you use harmony shards for? I keep feeding laughter ones to the shrine but only get about 5 bits at a time. Don't want to use them all up in case of parasprite attack.
    I think it's just parasprite removal. However, they seem to be linked to particular buildings, so I don't recommend using them up, as building them up if needed later will probably require a bunch of annoying time assigning ponies to different buildings and then checking your iOS device frequently or waiting several days.

Also go check your game. There's a sale, you can afford Zecora or Scootaloo without having to friend anyone over the network and all buildings and ponies are 60% off right now.

Buy all the ponies!

Faust dammit.

Wait, so are the comic books canon with the show or not? If so, I'm gonna have some serious problems in the near future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Its a tie-in, which are overwhelmingly separate canons. Unless we have a particular reason too, like the staff saying they are.

Seriously everypony needs to figure out that if it isn't on air its pretty much not canon.

Mayor Mare for example, still is canonically only known by her title.
    The author has said that they're playing by show canon rules for the comics and he's trying to keep every story as something that could have passed muster for the show. That doesn't make the comics canon by any means, but it makes them as close to canon as non-canon can get, if that makes any sense.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

16. - Top - End - #316
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Less a horror film, more a slasher one. SAW is Grimdark. Horror is usually just dark, I think. Things which naturally acrete to make you feel the world is a terrible place... But in which joy can still spring. People, added to Asari setting, who are not themselves taken over by darkness can shine.

Grimdark is where two factions of evil fight over the bloated corpse of good for the choicest bits.
    Hmm. Not so sure. At least, as far as the first film goes. I didn't bother with the unnecessary sequels. (Usually the best way with Horror franchises, to be fair).

But I'm not sure I'd call Saw Grimdark, personally. It's just...a horror story.
    Now, if I were to make Saw Grimdark instead of just grim and dark, what would I do?
    (Spoilers for Saw)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Struggle, because I can only recall bits of the plot, mostly. But to summarise, Saw is a film in which there are two people trapped in a room by a third, the only way to escape appears to be for one of them to cut off their own leg/arm/something (I forget). There are things happening elsewhere, mainly to build up the context, involving similar deathtraps and some guy trying to find and stop the killer. The killer is a bitter (cancer?) patient, angry at people for some nebulous reason to do with not valuing their own lives highly enough, or something. The big twist is that the killer is lying face down in the middle of the room the whole time.

Grimdark take on the above;

Two men are trapped in a room, the only way out of which will be for one of them to cut off a limb. The killer is not a cancer patient with a weirldy murderous grudge, he is a man possessed by a spirit of pure murder. He is feasting on their suffering, lying face down in the middle of the room. If one of them dismembers themselves to escape, he will devour the other one, leaving only an empty, soul-less husk with a thirst for human flesh behind. There is a person trying to find them. He is a brutal, corrupt cop and will execute them if he finds them, for the horrible things they have all done. If one of the two escape the room, they will discover they have not escaped at all, as they are trapped in a world made entirely of saw style deathtrap scenarios wherein their eventual death is uncertain but their constant torment is guarenteed. The Seeker/Cop will go in after them, kill them for their crimes and run out of bullets before he can turn the gun on himself, damning himself to spend the rest of his life trying not to die in a horrible SAW deathrap world. He only went looking for the two criminals because he was secretly the underworld figure that hired both of them to do their horrible crimes and was trying to tie up loose ends. The two criminals were only doing the horrible things to get by in a hostile, uncaring world. If any of the three somehow escape the deathrap dimension, the Murder Spirits will escape with them.
    The Murder Spirits were imprisoned in Deathtrap-dimension as punishment by other, more powerful spirits for not being wicked enough.

They all have hilarious accents, dress in ridiculously over the top outfits and there are skulls everywhere. The sky is probably made of fire sometimes, and it rains blood over an ocean also made of blood at some point.

Only with ponies? Or not. Not is good too.

It would be a pretty terrible movie, but might make a slightly amusing WoD campaign idea if done appropriately over the top and hammy.

Comic; Yes. Sounds about right. The comic will try and follow show canon, but does not itself influence show-canon. This sounds like a sensible and potentially excellent setup.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Ettin in the Playground

For those who is playing the IOS My Little Pony (Spoilered for Suprise),
    Spoiler
    Show
    Is Rarity's dad an earth pony? I mean he could have hat removal animation or pony species categories. Soon we will confirm Rarity as canon- mixed race main character.
    Last edited by t209; 2012-11-08 at 11:15 PM.
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

18. - Top - End - #318
    Titan in the Playground

I can see Applejack as a vampire, mostly because of that one Halloween fic that got passed around. Though your ideas are neat as well. I'd see Fluttershy ending up as either a Wizened or a Fairest under those conditions. Rarity is obviously a Deava. Applejack's auspice and tribe are a bit harder to pin down. I can see arguments for both Rahu and Elodoth, with Rahu being a bit stronger. Maybe the Apple family works on its own outside of the Tribes.

Hmm, now I want to go and see how WoD mythology could transfer over to Equestria. I'll get back to you guys on that...
    I see Fluttershy being kept as a sort of pet, (think Songbird or adorable huggable critter) and ends up being a Beast.

Because I forgot to quote,

SiuS: who would be the Darkling then? I was going for one each though if I wasn't I wouldn't put any of them as a Ogre.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

19. - Top - End - #319
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    I think it's just parasprite removal. However, they seem to be linked to particular buildings, so I don't recommend using them up, as building them up if needed later will probably require a bunch of annoying time assigning ponies to different buildings and then checking your iOS device frequently or waiting several days.

Also go check your game. There's a sale, you can afford Zecora or Scootaloo without having to friend anyone over the network and all buildings and ponies are 60% off right now.

Buy all the ponies!
    Got Scootaloo. I am both amused and frustrated that her place of residence is the CMC clubhouse

Now I just need another 9 crystals for sweetie belleeeawwww ... the sale is over already?

Quote Originally Posted by t209 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Is Rarity's dad an earth pony? I mean he could have hat removal animation or pony species categories. Soon we will confirm Rarity as canon- mixed race main character.
    IOS spoiler?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Apparently the guy is named Magnum, but he's fairly expensive so I won't be able to buy him anytime soon. He's wearing his hat in the only picture I have so far.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Titan in the Playground

Got Scootaloo. I am both amused and frustrated that her place of residence is the CMC clubhouse

Now I just need another 9 crystals for sweetie belleeeawwww ... the sale is over already?

IOS spoiler?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Apparently the guy is named Magnum, but he's fairly expensive so I won't be able to buy him anytime soon. He's wearing his hat in the only picture I have so far.
    My exact reaction. But it's cool since Scootaloo is best CMC.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”

21. - Top - End - #321
    Ettin in the Playground

IOS spoiler?
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think I will wait.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Does the ponies have animation of their action?
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Apple Jack's parents

22. - Top - End - #322
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    I see Fluttershy being kept as a sort of pet, (think Songbird or adorable huggable critter) and ends up being a Beast.

Because I forgot to quote,

SiuS: who would be the Darkling then? I was going for one each though if I wasn't I wouldn't put any of them as a Ogre.
    Ok, I can see that. Though I don't know how you could possibly make Fluttershy cuter than she is.

23. - Top - End - #323
    Ogre in the Playground

Ok, two unrelated questions.

First, I watched the interview with Lauren Faust at EQLA. She seems to be rather discontent with leaving Hasbro. Obviously, they don't have her story to go by anymore, but it seems there's more behind that. Is there something deeper there?

Second, on the first episode, Twilight is reading a book about the "prophecy" that will bring Nightmare Moon. But...who wrote that prophecy? Who could have? In hindsight, it wasn't much a prophecy as just something bad that happened. I mean, it's Celestia's sister. And it seems the only one who could have written that was Celestia herself. And she knew about it in present time.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Titan in the Playground

Hand picked student provided with books on the subject, sent to the exact place Nightmare Moon made her re-appearence and with instructions requiring her student to meet all of the leading pillars of Ponyville society. A town she basically had founded generations ago. In easy walking distance of the resting place of the Elements of Harmony.

... I'm sure Celestia had absolutely nothing to do with the book.

25. - Top - End - #325
    Troll in the Playground

There is no emotion more useless in life than hate.

26. - Top - End - #326

GnomeWizardGuy

Second, on the first episode, Twilight is reading a book about the "prophecy" that will bring Nightmare Moon. But...who wrote that prophecy? Who could have? In hindsight, it wasn't much a prophecy as just something bad that happened. I mean, it's Celestia's sister. And it seems the only one who could have written that was Celestia herself. And she knew about it in present time.
    Pretty much anyone could have, from people researching the Nightmare Moon incident to astrologers noting that a particular star arrangement would weaken magical bonds to Princess Celestia herself. Heck, given that it's a prophecy, it could have been a prediction by Princess Luna for all we know, with Celestia amending it to its current form after Nightmare Moon was banished.
    Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    There are no bad ideas, just bad execution.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you to zimmerwald1915 for the Gustave avatar.
    The full set is here.

Air Raccoon avatar provided by Ceika
    from the Request an OotS Style Avatar thread

A big thanks to PrinceAquilaDei for the gryphon avatar!
    original image

27. - Top - End - #327

Quote Originally Posted by t209 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Why is whether or not he's an earth pony so important? You mention it a lot.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

28. - Top - End - #328
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    Why is whether or not he's an earth pony so important? You mention it a lot.
    Well, that was the reason of why my favorite pony is rarity. It is my desire to know her as token mixed race pony (well, genetical percentage wise) that made her my favorite, other than her coat and mane. Still, I don't like her snotty attitude.
    Then again, I think I should end my foolish quest.
    Last edited by t209; 2012-11-09 at 01:33 AM.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Apple Jack's parents

29. - Top - End - #329
    Titan in the Playground

Blastech, what's the highest score you've gotten in the iOS app ball-bouncing game? I get that there's a timing with the rings around the ball getting smaller for more points, but I can't seem to break 324 no matter what, and that seems low compared to the 400+ it's possible to get picking apples.

Ok, two unrelated questions.

First, I watched the interview with Lauren Faust at EQLA. She seems to be rather discontent with leaving Hasbro. Obviously, they don't have her story to go by anymore, but it seems there's more behind that. Is there something deeper there?
    There was almost surely a falling out of some kind given that Lauren has expressed hurt feelings multiple times about no longer working on ponies anymore. Although I suspect that Phoe has an inkling as to the why, the rest of us are in the dark and I wouldn't hold your breath getting info.

It's hard to tell if it's even something malicious or not and I really think there's no way to draw a conclusion beyond the fact that Lauren Faust isn't happy that she's not working on ponies.

Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    Oldie, but goodie.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

30. - Top - End - #330
    Titan in the Playground

So I'm playing pony fantasy 6 and I got to the part where you feed Seth fish

Spoiler
    Show
    Is there any way to actually save Sethisto? I mean I fed him fast fish but his dialogue started to loop and I gave up, killing him instead.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.