New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony LVI:S Has Left the Playground!

Quote Originally Posted by t209 View Post
    Well, that was the reason of why my favorite pony is rarity. It is my desire to know her as token mixed race pony (well, genetical percentage wise) that made her my favorite, other than her coat and mane. Still, I don't like her snotty attitude.
    Then again, I think I should end my foolish quest.
    Funny. For me, Rarity's attraction is that she's such a complex and contradictory character.

On the surface, she seems like a shallow fashion designer, overly prissy and fussy. She seems to be greedy and focused only on worldly goods. She is jealous, and could easily be considered the most vicious of the main six, in the sense of vice and virtue.

Then she has bursts of generosity; she spends hours to make two pairs of dresses for each of her five friends, sacrificing her own.

She is prissy and fussy about her appearance, yet is willing to toss that out if she comes to extremes, such as with the Sisterhooves Social.

She wields social manipulation like a surgeon's scalpel, yet is often overblown and melodramatic in her personal affairs.

To me, a slight chance of an earth pony father is nothing but a footnote.

Out of curiosity, if Magnum turns out to be a unicorn, would you still like Rarity just as much?
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

2. - Top - End - #332
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    Funny. For me, Rarity's attraction is that she's such a complex and contradictory character.

On the surface, she seems like a shallow fashion designer, overly prissy and fussy. She seems to be greedy and focused only on worldly goods. She is jealous, and could easily be considered the most vicious of the main six, in the sense of vice and virtue.

Then she has bursts of generosity; she spends hours to make two pairs of dresses for each of her five friends, sacrificing her own.

She is prissy and fussy about her appearance, yet is willing to toss that out if she comes to extremes, such as with the Sisterhooves Social.

She wields social manipulation like a surgeon's scalpel, yet is often overblown and melodramatic in her personal affairs.

To me, a slight chance of an earth pony father is nothing but a footnote.

Out of curiosity, if Magnum turns out to be a unicorn, would you still like Rarity just as much?
    Yes! I'll still be more interested of her. I also saw that Spike and Rarity has opposite side, like Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy. Rarity can be greedy but can be generous. Spike can be generous but can also be greedy.
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

3. - Top - End - #333
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Although I suspect that Phoe has an inkling as to the why,
    Wait, why is that?

4. - Top - End - #334

Yes! I'll still be more interested of her. I also saw that Spike and Rarity has opposite side, like Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy. Rarity can be greedy but can be generous. Spike can be generous but can also be greedy.
    You know, each and every character has their contradictory moments.

Fluttershy: Painfully shy, except when she's making giant dragons cry and outstaring cockatrices.

Twilight: Supremely organized, except when she's driving the town mad with magic.

Rainbow Dash: Confident to the point of brashness, except when she's having a nervous breakdown or hiding the facts that shes reading.

Pinkie Pie: Bubbly, happy, always willing to party... so long as she has guests. If she doesn't... well, you've seen Party of One.

Rarity: Greedy and Prissy, except when she's giving things to her friends or kicking manticores in the face.

Applejack: Reliable, dependable, honest--except when she's overworked or throwing a party.
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

5. - Top - End - #335
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Wait, why is that?
    She's EQD staff and has met Lauren Faust in person. Now, I'd actually rather drop the topic, as I'm sure that it's confidential and is only going to put somepony in an uncomfortable position if we speculate too much.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

6. - Top - End - #336
    Bugbear in the Playground

WHY IS IT NOT SATURDAY YET?

Seriously, how long was the break between seasons this time? 6 and a half months? That's way worse than last year, and next year will probably be worse...
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

7. - Top - End - #337
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    Hand picked student provided with books on the subject, sent to the exact place Nightmare Moon made her re-appearence and with instructions requiring her student to meet all of the leading pillars of Ponyville society. A town she basically had founded generations ago. In easy walking distance of the resting place of the Elements of Harmony.

... I'm sure Celestia had absolutely nothing to do with the book.

I always loved that picture of Gendo!Celestia.

It helped that I always imagine Celestia as being manipulative, though in a good way.

8. - Top - End - #338
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post

Seriously, how long was the break between seasons this time? 6 and a half months? That's way worse than last year, and next year will probably be worse...
    Well, they sacrificed a few days so the opening can be on 10/11/12, for the 13-episode season :B (I think I'm late to the party seeing this coincidence).
    Blargh slaves crystals crystals blargh zimmerwald1915. Internets: 3
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Fedora View Post
    Dirtytabs, Dirtytabs
    Friendly Ponythread Dirtytabs
    To her friends she's a gem
    She makes lovely art for them
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    I don't always save pony images, but when I do, they're usually DirtyTabs.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    +100 Exp for Dirtytabs.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtronaut View Post
    Guys.

Guys.

Hey, Guys.

Buy this game. You will not regret your decision to do so.

Oh, it seems Doctor Who is canon now with the pony universe.
    Bah. Won't work with my old iPhone. Not that it matters, it looks like the gameplay is exactly the same as the Simpsons game I downloaded a while back, and I got REALLY bored of that REALLY quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Also my I-phone can't run the new Pony game.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

10. - Top - End - #340
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

So I'm playing pony fantasy 6 and I got to the part where you feed Seth fish

Spoiler
    Show
    Is there any way to actually save Sethisto? I mean I fed him fast fish but his dialogue started to loop and I gave up, killing him instead.
    Spoiler
    Show
    It should work just like the FF6 version. Catch and feed him only the fastest moving fish. And don't dawdle. He gets worse with every passing second.

11. - Top - End - #341
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    Hmm. Not so sure. At least, as far as the first film goes. I didn't bother with the unnecessary sequels. (Usually the best way with Horror franchises, to be fair).
    Ah. I meant the franchise more than the plot of the first movie. Sorry.

Conceptually, he's a bad guy, you're a bad guy, it's not about who's good, but who can pretend the best; not about who is heroc but go can outsmart and thus rewrite the books.

Also, it says something about my free time that my phone thought adark was Asari and not 'a dark'. Hmm.

For those who is playing the IOS My Little Pony (Spoilered for Suprise),
    Spoiler
    Show
    Is Rarity's dad an earth pony? I mean he could have hat removal animation or pony species categories. Soon we will confirm Rarity as canon- mixed race main character.
    I don't think so. Several ponies have worn hats which would be physically impossible with their horns, but they wear them anyway. A hat on the head which would have a horn poking through it isn't proof they don't have a horn.

SiuS: who would be the Darkling then? I was going for one each though if I wasn't I wouldn't put any of them as a Ogre.
    Dunno. I wasn't bothering with one of each.

Ok, two unrelated questions.

First, I watched the interview with Lauren Faust at EQLA. She seems to be rather discontent with leaving Hasbro. Obviously, they don't have her story to go by anymore, but it seems there's more behind that. Is there something deeper there?

Second, on the first episode, Twilight is reading a book about the "prophecy" that will bring Nightmare Moon. But...who wrote that prophecy? Who could have? In hindsight, it wasn't much a prophecy as just something bad that happened. I mean, it's Celestia's sister. And it seems the only one who could have written that was Celestia herself. And she knew about it in present time.
    Faust, dunno.

Prophecy, "in one thousand years, the stars shall aid in her escape". Definitely prophecy, that. And probably written by a wizard.

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    Bah. Won't work with my old iPhone. Not that it matters, it looks like the gameplay is exactly the same as the Simpsons game I downloaded a while back, and I got REALLY bored of that REALLY quickly.

I tried to help! But my boss took "You owe me vacation time" as "please cut me back to less than part time", so I haven't even able to scrape postage yet.

And Simpsons game? Perchance. I could look for ya, let you know. What Simpsons game?

Speaking of, I am playing this IOS pony game. I new friends. Give them to me!

StarryNotions
    BrazenShield

s'il vous plaît.

12. - Top - End - #342
    Titan in the Playground

Best for an egalitarian dynastic military economic superpower with the technology and science necessary to distill the concept put of its theological and philosophical roots, and actuality it maybe. Best? No. Because if everyone could divine the matter and reach that level of understanding, we wouldn't have lesser undead.
    No, no. Definately best.

Aotrs studies.

Best. Clearly.

And I did say Mane 6, not everypony else. They could all be lesser Undead, if they were needed. ('Cept the Princess and Spike, of course.)

13. - Top - End - #343
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    No, no. Definately best.

Aotrs studies.

Best. Clearly.

And I did say Mane 6, not everypony else. They could all be lesser Undead, if they were needed. ('Cept the Princess and Spike, of course.)
    Aren't the princesses already sorta undead? They do appear to possess immortality. The fact that whatever they did to get it made them look like pretty pony princesses instead of the more standard skeletal undead seems beside the point.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”

14. - Top - End - #344
    Titan in the Playground

Because the government has a secret plot to keep it Friday forever. Every time we go to sleep and wake up the next morning, it'll be Friday again.

15. - Top - End - #345

Spoiler
    Show
    Is there any way to actually save Sethisto? I mean I fed him fast fish but his dialogue started to loop and I gave up, killing him instead.
    FF6 spoils (obviously):
    Spoiler
    Show

It's... annoying to save him. It always has been in the game to do it. You just have to keep trying. I'm trying to remember the point system surrounding the fish feeding. It's something like "Good Fish: 5 points, Regular Fish: 1 point, Bad Fish, -X points" with the goal getting to a certain point total. Which has regular fish basically maintaining his health.
    It really doesn't affect things whether he lives or not, but I usually try to.
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: The Thread, The Game, The Tumblr.
    Human Crossings Avatar made by Thanqol

16. - Top - End - #346
    Titan in the Playground

Aren't the princesses already sorta undead? They do appear to possess immortality. The fact that whatever they did to get it made them look like pretty pony princesses instead of the more standard skeletal undead seems beside the point.
    Immortal =/= Undead. Undead are (typically) immortal, but not all immortals are Undead.

Elves (proper Elves) are immortal, technically and they aren't Undead; nor are gods, typically; and a lot of high-tech or high-magic can make people functionally immortal without ever dying.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2012-11-09 at 05:26 AM.

17. - Top - End - #347
    Colossus in the Playground

18. - Top - End - #348
    Spamalot in the Playground

Linking to a neat artwork of Celestia & Luna with their Element of Harmony friends. Linking to DA cause the image is about 4400 pixels wide.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    I want these! I want them so much! But I can't afford to bid on them
    Spoiler
    Show
    Same here. They're the cutest background ponies I've seen on the show. Darn my low income already taken by my modest lifestyle!
    Ah well, its not like I could do much with a bunch of plushies. My daughter would probably end up taking them for her pillow collection.

Like Trixie could ever beat Twilight...
    Aww, come on. Everypony likes Trixie!
    Spoiler
    Show

Buy this game. You will not regret your decision to do so.
    I think I would regret it as my phone is only capable of taking calls and dropping calls.

Lollipop near mouth = erotic intent.
    The internet has ruined us all.

Spoiler
    Show
    There is.
    Spoiler
    Show
    It takes a LOT of fast fish to save him because fish add to a timer that keeps counting DOWN. Honestly, even in the original VI it took me a long while to save Cid. Personally, I don't think it's worth it, as him dying leads to a much better dramatic scene on the cliff.
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2012-11-09 at 09:15 AM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

19. - Top - End - #349

Speaking of, I am playing this IOS pony game. I new friends. Give them to me!

StarryNotions
    BrazenShield

s'il vous plaît.
    I am StrifeWarzeal, would have been my other internet handle but apparently somewhere within "IAmNotFromEarth" is some banned or offensive word.

It's a fun little game, though I'm learning the hard way I shouldn't have paid for the 1k bit games early on. The Android version seems a bit buggy; hopefully things will get smoothed out with updates.
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: The Thread, The Game, The Tumblr.
    Human Crossings Avatar made by Thanqol

20. - Top - End - #350
    Bugbear in the Playground

It's on Android now!

Oh, I totally forgot to say that my username for that game is Maxtronaut. Who would've thought?!
    Last edited by Maxtronaut; 2012-11-09 at 10:04 AM.
    (Un?)official ponythread element of airships.

21. - Top - End - #351

It's on Android now!

Oh, I totally forgot to say that my username for that game is Maxtronaut. Who would've thought?!
    Hmmm. No iOS. No android phone...

We'll have to wait for the PC release

22. - Top - End - #352
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtytabs View Post
    Well, they sacrificed a few days so the opening can be on 10/11/12, for the 13-episode season :B (I think I'm late to the party seeing this coincidence).
    Well I for one didn't see it, mainly because I'm in AMURICA and thus the date reads as 11/10/12. For that reason, I'd say it wasn't on purpose, too. Oh right, that was a joke.
    One Tin Pony avatar by Balmas

Current Projects: Dragon: the Inheritance

23. - Top - End - #353

What's that? Android?

To the Galaxy!
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

24. - Top - End - #354
    Troll in the Playground

I tried to help! But my boss took "You owe me vacation time" as "please cut me back to less than part time", so I haven't even able to scrape postage yet.
    x_x Yikes. Are they even allowed to do that?

And Simpsons game? Perchance. I could look for ya, let you know. What Simpsons game?
    This Simpsons game. Homer destroys Springfield, has to rebuild it. Seems like a similar premise to the pony game, but there are no minigames. Also you'll have to shell out real world money if you want anything decent (there was one building which was about £60! That's $95!)

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Eye candy?

Speaking of the pony game...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Show

25. - Top - End - #355
    Titan in the Playground

StarryNotions
    BrazenShield

s'il vous plaît.
    Missed this earlier, accepted your friend request.

Also, for those that didn't notice because I forgot to bold, I'm Anarion55 on this thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Not actually funny...

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post

Speaking of the pony game...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Why is Dash blushing?
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

26. - Top - End - #356
    Ogre in the Playground

She's EQD staff and has met Lauren Faust in person. Now, I'd actually rather drop the topic, as I'm sure that it's confidential and is only going to put somepony in an uncomfortable position if we speculate too much.
    It's ok, I don't actually know who he or she is. I just see the name get thrown around here sometimes.

Well, this season is shorter, so they're probably going for a decent time to end the season. Expect more breaks in between episodes too.
    Faust, dunno.

Prophecy, "in one thousand years, the stars shall aid in her escape". Definitely prophecy, that. And probably written by a wizard.
    Well, there's also the theory that "stars will aid in her escape" is not referring to Nightmare Moon escaping from the moon, but of Twilight (her cutie mark is stars) aiding in Luna's escape from Nightmare Moon's control.

27. - Top - End - #357
    Troll in the Playground

Not actually funny...
    Agreed.

Why is Dash blushing?
    I... dunno actually. Didn't notice before. Maybe she's blushing because the Princess is so pretty?

I got nothing.

Here, have some super pretty asian ponies.
    Spoiler
    Show

Used to be Diego Havoc
    Show

28. - Top - End - #358

Why is Dash blushing?
    She knows Celestia is watching her.
    Also my game name is MCerberus1
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

29. - Top - End - #359
    Ogre in the Playground

nWoD ponies
    Spoiler
    Show

The first concrete idea I've had about converting nWoD to Equestria is that pony werewolf forms will look quite different from human werewolf forms. Different enough, in fact, that they deserve description. These are the ideas I've had so far about the forms. They can undoubtedly use work, especially when it comes to coloration. (Because let's face it, no matter how horrifying Gauru anatomy is, it loses some of its punch when it's pink and yellow.) Also, it's worth figuring out more thoroughly how unicorn and pegasus abilities interact with shapeshifting.

So, here we go, descriptions of the forms in order of pony -> wolf.

Hishu (Pony)
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the default form of a werewolf, the original form that they had before their First Change. In Hishu, a werewolf is indistinguishable from any other pony, causing no Lunacy, though they retain their supernaturally fast healing.

Dalu (Near-pony)
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Dalu form looks like that of a pony with vaguely wolfish features. Their coat becomes longer and shaggier, while the mane and tail become shorter and more wild. Their muzzle elongates slightly, and their teeth become sharper. Their hooves split into four parts, the leading edge of each segment sharp, though each digit's range of motion remains very limited. Their overall form becomes a little bit bulkier. Their senses become more keen, able to identify a pony by their smell.
    This form incites a low level of Lunacy, just enough to make a pony feel distinctly uncomfortable in the werewolf's presence. In dim lighting or from far away, the werewolf can be mistaken for a normal pony, albeit a muscular one with a long coat.

Gauru (Pony-Wolf) (War Form)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Midway between pony and wolf, this is the most terrifying of all of a werewolf's forms. Most notable is its size, towering over any pony or wolf. Its musculature is best described as hulking, rippling with lethal intent with every move it makes. The head shifts to resemble that of a monstrous wolf, retaining only a few hints of pony shape. The legs elongate to freakish proportions, long and powerful. The split hooves seen in Dalu extend up to the fetlock, allowing the digits to spread apart on the ground. The flat hooves change into wickedly curved blades, digging into whatever ground the werewolf stands on. Their coat elongates even more, and their mane shortens and spreads out over their withers and down their back, almost like that of a lion. The tail changes into that of a wolf, though the fur on it remains longer than that seen on a normal wolf. Unicorn horns recede into the head, and pegasus wings can no longer bear them aloft.
    This form inspires the highest level of Lunacy, causing ponies and animals to flee in blind terror from the monstrosity. They know on a primal, instinctual level that it is coming to kill and eat them. And they should run, because a werewolf in Gauru is utterly filled with rage. In this form, it takes an effort of will to simply not attack the nearest opponent, and non-violent action is practically not an option. Most werewolves change into this form voluntarily only as a last resort, when killing everything their path is the only option remaining.

Urshul (Near-wolf)
    Spoiler
    Show
    This form looks like a large wolf, with only vague pony-like features. The freakish hoof/claws of the Gauru fuse into wolf paws, though the digits remain longer and the claws sharper than full Urhan. Similarly, their jaws remain larger, and their teeth longer and sharper. Pegasus wings recede completely.
    Lunacy is moderately strong in this form, clouding the minds of observers, but not totally removing their sense of rationality the way Gauru does.

Urhan (Wolf)
    Spoiler
    Show
    This form looks like that of a normal wolf. Under the right conditions, the werewolf could conceivably disguise themself as simply a large dog, though it likely won't stand up to close scrutiny.
    This form does not inspire Lunacy.

Thoughts?
    One Tin Pony avatar by Balmas

Current Projects: Dragon: the Inheritance

30. - Top - End - #360
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Linking to a neat artwork of Celestia & Luna with their Element of Harmony friends. Linking to DA cause the image is about 4400 pixels wide.
    Not that that isn't stunning art and all but it bothers me that I don't know who the first pony is. Also that's a lot of alicorn.

However it did remind me I don't think anypony posted this yet:

Spoiler
    Show

That's Bonnie Zacherle btw, MLP creator