New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony LVI:S Has Left the Playground!

So, the ending to Background Pony was... not what I expected. Rather, it wasn't what I wanted to happen, but kind of knew would. As always, beautiful, and lyrical, and philosophical. It makes you think about life, memory, and the nature of our existence.

Overall 9 out of 10. The story has chapters that don't really advance the plot, but the total experience is good, the language fantastic, the emotions evoked like no other fic I've read.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

2. - Top - End - #392
    Titan in the Playground

Everybrony, Everybrony! Wake up, wake up, wake up! Its Season Premiere day!

3. - Top - End - #393
    Ettin in the Playground

And remember everypony, the episodes are at 10:00 AM EST, not 1 PM EST like season two's last bunch of episodes.
    Last edited by Gamerlord; 2012-11-10 at 06:58 AM.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

4. - Top - End - #394
    Titan in the Playground

To what I'm sure is the annoyance of West Coasters and the delight of East Coasters.

Being that latter I'm happy. I can pretend I will have a Saturday now.

5. - Top - End - #395
    Titan in the Playground

And to everypony living outside the US and Canada, join me in waiting an extra day or so for a good quality video to go up online.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Nameless; 2012-11-10 at 07:21 AM.

6. - Top - End - #396
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    And to everypony living outside the US and Canada, join me in waiting an extra day or so for a good quality video to go up online.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Or simply do what I do and watch a stream...

7. - Top - End - #397
    Ettin in the Playground

Ponyponyponyponyponyponyponyponypony.

See you guys all in 24 hours, cuz I have to go sleep now, and won't see it live :(

8. - Top - End - #398
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Or simply do what I do and watch a stream...
    I tried that a couple of times, but the quality left much to be desired.
    There's also the risk of something going wrong with my internet connection, although that hasn't happened in a while.

9. - Top - End - #399
    Titan in the Playground

There's also the risk of something going wrong with my internet connection, although that hasn't happened in a while.
    Well if your connection can't handle it thats one thing... but video quality is fine. Its not HD or anything but cripes I find the notion I can watch an event live anywhere in the world more then makes up for that. I also like to divide my screen with chat on one side and pony on the other, something that doesn't work as well with tv.

10. - Top - End - #400
    Ettin in the Playground

I feel you bro.

11. - Top - End - #401
    Titan in the Playground

Well if your connection can't handle it thats one thing... but video quality is fine. Its not HD or anything but cripes I find the notion I can watch an event live anywhere in the world more then makes up for that. I also like to divide my screen with chat on one side and pony on the other, something that doesn't work as well with tv.
    Really? Last time I watched an episode online, it was really pixelated, which was frustrating, because the visuals are a big part of why I watch it.
    Everything is so pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    I feel you bro.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #402
    Titan in the Playground

Really? Last time I watched an episode online, it was really pixelated, which was frustrating, because the visuals are a big part of why I watch it.
    Everything is so pretty.
    Really pixelated is pretty subjective. I'd say from a whole season IIRC its around youtube's 360p quality. Which is absolutely fine for the native size of the stream size. Now I guess if you have to have fullscreen that can begin to be pixelated. I want HD fullscreen I wait until I can get a clean itunes vid which takes the longest. For a first run through its just fine. I caught Derpy for example, even in the snow globe.

Ponies are worth watching more then once to begin with.
    Last edited by Soras Teva Gee; 2012-11-10 at 08:23 AM.

13. - Top - End - #403
    Titan in the Playground

I watch it live to be part of the early discussions of the events of the episodes, not to marvel at how nice it looks, I can always do that later. Sure, it's great to watch it in HD, but I don't mind watching it in low quality live if it means I can be part of that early thrill and then watch it in HD again later.

14. - Top - End - #404
    Titan in the Playground

That too, to be sure. Especially if you aren't doing anything in particular.

15. - Top - End - #405
    Titan in the Playground

Just so I'm sure I got it right, it does start in an hour, right? These US times always make me a little uncertain

16. - Top - End - #406
    Titan in the Playground

Yes we are 1 Hour Away at present.

17. - Top - End - #407
    Ogre in the Playground

Steamname: Atheist God, if you're lucky.

18. - Top - End - #408
    Spamalot in the Playground

BIG Update on Empress Trixie of GalCiv2:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dear Princess Luna,

The local galactic cluster officially ran out of colonizable planets in year 6. With half the races out there being evil, they began wars with each other over the little fringe worlds. This year was also marred by two terrible events of such large-scale importance that it makes an Ura Major seem like a kitten.

First, a plague spread across the galaxy, slowly killing the populations of every world. Second, the Dread Lords took advantage of this plague and showed up near the middle of the map.
    According to Twilight's galactic guide book, the Dread Lords are an ancient "HAX" race that start off with all the technologies researched. They built only 3 battleships, but their attack power was greater than... um... it was great and powerful. Like yours truly.

For the next two years I concentrated on keeping out of the petty wars over small fringe worlds and constructing a bigger fleet to take out the Dread Lords before they take us all out. Already the lords began eliminating battleships from the other races.
    Luck then shined upon the Unicorns, for we discovered not one, but four precursor battleships near planet Twilight! Huzzah!

I named them the Nightmare Moon, Chrysalis, Discord, and Crackle.
    And with a large squadron of Thanqol heavy fighters and four troop transport ships we were ready to win.

Year 9 begins and my large fleet heads straight for the Dread Lords one planet. A large, beautiful and resource rich world. Not for long once I get there because I will have to play dirty.
    As we reach the Dread Lord's planet, they launched all three battleships at us. I split my forces up: Battleships Discord and Crackle take on one ship, Nightmare Moon and Chrysalis take on take on a second ship, and then we recombine forces against the third. Combat was fast and deadly. The enemy battleships had three times the offensive power we did, but we had numbers and better defenses.

We lost battleship Crackle in the war, as well as 2/3rds of the Thanqol fighters. Battleship Discord was so heavily damaged I left it behind for repairs. The rest of the remaining fleet hits the planet. I open up with orbital bombardment and land all my troops at once.

My forces: 4000
    Dread Lords: 20
    Odds of victory: 7 in 43.

Never under-estimate technology as an advantage. However, despite this we still managed to successfully take the planet, at the heavy cost of half our forces. However, the Dread Lords are gone and we now stand proudly on a... smoking crater planet. Yeah, it isn't very usable now.

I now bid adieu my dear princess, for my economy needs tending too (wars are expensive). My scientists have developed a new missile weapon from Dread Lords tech so I will be switching from lasers to that for my next fleet upgrade. But first, a moment for Best Battleship - Crackle.

Okay, time's up. Back to work!

Your Great and Powerful student,
    Trixie Lulamoon

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    (no S3 spoilers here!)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Apple juice... riiiiight.

To what I'm sure is the annoyance of West Coasters and the delight of East Coasters.

Being that latter I'm happy. I can pretend I will have a Saturday now.
    This is what coffee is for! **Brews a large put for all of us**
    Do ponies have coffee in Equestria? I feel like I've seen it in an episode but I dunno.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

19. - Top - End - #409
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Do ponies have coffee in Equestria? I feel like I've seen it in an episode but I dunno.
    Sweetie Belle seems to be drinking coffee during their attempt to think of something to write for the Foal Free Press. It probably was very dark tea or hot cocoa, though, but it always looked like coffee to me.

20. - Top - End - #410
    Titan in the Playground

Really pixelated is pretty subjective. I'd say from a whole season IIRC its around youtube's 360p quality. Which is absolutely fine for the native size of the stream size. Now I guess if you have to have fullscreen that can begin to be pixelated. I want HD fullscreen I wait until I can get a clean itunes vid which takes the longest. For a first run through its just fine. I caught Derpy for example, even in the snow globe.

Ponies are worth watching more then once to begin with.
    Okay, Bronystate seems to have a much better stream then the one I used last time.
    *sits and waits*

21. - Top - End - #411
    Troll in the Playground

Everybrony, Everybrony! Wake up, wake up, wake up! Its Season Premiere day!
    That was just about how I was woke up today, except it was, "Hey, wake up, I need to get my hair done and then you're helping me open a bank account."

Worst! Possible! Thing!
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

22. - Top - End - #412
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OracleofWuffing View Post
    That was just about how I was woke up today, except it was, "Hey, wake up, I need to get my hair done and then you're helping me open a bank account."

Worst! Possible! Thing!
    What could you possibly do to help someone open a bank account?

23. - Top - End - #413

Reminder - Not everyone is able to watch the episodes at air time. Many others want to wait for decent quality streams. Also it could take a few days for them to get caught up to satisfaction.

The Tuesday Rule is in effect. Please use spoilers and mark them for everything even vaguely episode related. Everything
    Last edited by MCerberus; 2012-11-10 at 09:45 AM.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

24. - Top - End - #414
    Titan in the Playground

It's 72 hours, so Tuesday.

25. - Top - End - #415

Oh that's right, at some point in s2 it changed.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

26. - Top - End - #416
    Troll in the Playground

What could you possibly do to help someone open a bank account?
    The person involved does not like reading, understanding, communicating, or math. That's... Probably the fastest way to put it.

If I knew how to type out that thing where the guy flips the table, I'd do so right now.
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

27. - Top - End - #417
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Sweetie Belle seems to be drinking coffee during their attempt to think of something to write for the Foal Free Press. It probably was very dark tea or hot cocoa, though, but it always looked like coffee to me.
    Being a filly, I'd assume hot cocoa. Personally I was drinking coffee since I was about 5 years old, but I think I'm an exception here.

Hilarious 3 page CMC comic (might be slightly NSFW for implied naughtiness)
    Link here: Cutie Prank Crusaders
    Page 2 and 3 linked in desc.

10 minutes to go.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

28. - Top - End - #418
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Being a filly, I'd assume hot cocoa. Personally I was drinking coffee since I was about 5 years old, but I think I'm an exception here.
    Yeah, though curiously it does appear to be only Sweetie who's drinking it, so maybe

29. - Top - End - #419
    Titan in the Playground

10 Minutes to Pony.

30. - Top - End - #420
    Ogre in the Playground

10 a.m. is a great time to start, now I won't have to miss any football.