New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony LVI:S Has Left the Playground!

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Alright, something serious, then ...

The parasprites are back with a vengeance, and you have to save Ponyville! You have Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy (who is scared out of her hide, as usual), Lyra and Flitter at your disposal. Nopony else. You also have only what can reasonably be assumed to be available in the Sugarcube Corner and Bon Bon's candy workshop. Which means, you probably have lots and lots of sugar, flour and other foodstuffs, but no musical instruments to speak of, and besides it seems the parasprites are now immune to music anyway.

What is your plan of action? How will you get all the parasprites back into the Everfree?
    I'm somewhat curious why Lyra doesn't have her lyre, but whatever.

Anyway, in order to get rid of the parasprites, we ask Pinkie Pie to break the fourth wall, and then shove the parasprites through the fourth wall to the planet Kalamazoi. Have you ever heard of Kalamazoi? No? That's why.

On a more serious note, I'd probably get Flitter to herd the parasprites towards the Everfree forest, led by a cupcakes-throwing Pinkie Pie. (Bread crumbs to the everfree forest, with Flitter catching any stragglers.)
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

2. - Top - End - #752

GnomeWizardGuy

The parasprites are back with a vengeance, and you have to save Ponyville! You have Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy (who is scared out of her hide, as usual), Lyra and Flitter at your disposal. Nopony else. You also have only what can reasonably be assumed to be available in the Sugarcube Corner and Bon Bon's candy workshop. Which means, you probably have lots and lots of sugar, flour and other foodstuffs, but no musical instruments to speak of, and besides it seems the parasprites are now immune to music anyway.

What is your plan of action? How will you get all the parasprites back into the Everfree?
    Regular parasprites, or eat-anything parasprites?

Spoiler
    Show
    Probably the best strategy would be having Flitter scout around town for any strays, and have Fluttershy round up and keep the sprites together. Get Pinkie and Lyra gather up all the sugar and edibles, then set up a trail (or run their tails off) leading them back into the Everfree. Flitter would ideally be on-hand to keep any strays with the group as they were being led away from Ponyville, with Fluttershy coaxing any single parasprites left behind to follow her into Everfree.

Once they get into the Everfree, probably the best way to lose the parasprites would be to dump the candy into the river. The parasprites would follow it downstream, which means the ponies could run off and avoid being followed.

I hope you meant for a story, rather than something about that new iOS game. If the second, then I just made a big fool of myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    There are no bad ideas, just bad execution.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you to zimmerwald1915 for the Gustave avatar.
    The full set is here.

Air Raccoon avatar provided by Ceika
    from the Request an OotS Style Avatar thread

A big thanks to PrinceAquilaDei for the gryphon avatar!
    original image

3. - Top - End - #753
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    I'm somewhat curious why Lyra doesn't have her lyre, but whatever.

Anyway, in order to get rid of the parasprites, we ask Pinkie Pie to break the fourth wall, and then shove the parasprites through the fourth wall to the planet Kalamazoi. Have you ever heard of Kalamazoi? No? That's why.

On a more serious note, I'd probably get Flitter to herd the parasprites towards the Everfree forest, led by a cupcakes-throwing Pinkie Pie. (Bread crumbs to the everfree forest, with Flitter catching any stragglers.)
    Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Regular parasprites, or eat-anything parasprites?

Spoiler
    Show
    Probably the best strategy would be having Flitter scout around town for any strays, and have Fluttershy round up and keep the sprites together. Get Pinkie and Lyra gather up all the sugar and edibles, then set up a trail (or run their tails off) leading them back into the Everfree. Flitter would ideally be on-hand to keep any strays with the group as they were being led away from Ponyville, with Fluttershy coaxing any single parasprites left behind to follow her into Everfree.

Once they get into the Everfree, probably the best way to lose the parasprites would be to dump the candy into the river. The parasprites would follow it downstream, which means the ponies could run off and avoid being followed.

I hope you meant for a story, rather than something about that new iOS game. If the second, then I just made a big fool of myself.
    Yes, this is for a story. It's a slightly modified scenario, but in short, the crazier the plan the better

Lyra can have her lyre, I just want to avoid the solution from the show. Also let's go with eat-everything parasprites to make things really interesting. The actual scenario doesn't actually have parasprites, but they work just as well. Just think of anything small, really annoying, in vast numbers and causing lots and lots of trouble.
    Last edited by Deadly; 2012-11-12 at 03:05 PM.

4. - Top - End - #754

Simple solution: leave an offering of arsenic/cyanide-laced items in the center of town, and herd the parasprites in that general direction
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

5. - Top - End - #755
    Titan in the Playground

Simple solution: leave an offering of arsenic/cyanide-laced items in the center of town, and herd the parasprites in that general direction
    That's a little ... dark, isn't it?

6. - Top - End - #756
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

So I was thinking about alicorns. In the show so far they've generally just been called unicorns, and some people prefer "winged unicorn". There seems to be a pretty clear unicorn bias here.

I mean, why not horned pegasi? And then it struck me, horny pegasi! I know, I know, I'm awful and should be ashamed, but I'm not!
    yeah...i made that point a few threads ago
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

7. - Top - End - #757
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    It's horrible. No-one should be subjected to it.
    Really it was just Pinkie acknowledging that even she has to sleep sometimes.

Well my version was to bake Poison Joke into food and feed that to the Parasprites. What's a funny version of Parasprites? Pacman. Thus population control has been established as well as limiting them to small mouse food pellets with the occasional cherry.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

8. - Top - End - #758

GnomeWizardGuy

Yes, this is for a story. It's a slightly modified scenario, but in short, the crazier the plan the better

Lyra can have her lyre, I just want to avoid the solution from the show. Also let's go with eat-everything parasprites to make things really interesting. The actual scenario doesn't actually have parasprites, but they work just as well. Just think of anything small, really annoying, in vast numbers and causing lots and lots of trouble.
    Oh no, Ponyville is being invaded by Furbys!

Refinement of plan: Everypony spreads out and herds the parasprites towards the center of town. Fluttershy keeps them distracted while Pinkie and Lyra load up saddlebags with candy from their respective shops. Pinkie/Lyra hoof it through the parasprite crowd and into Everfree forest, then dump the candy in the river to lead the parasprites away.

Now the fun part comes not from the plan being crazy, but from the plan falling apart from unexpected variables. Such as, say, the (so far passive) parasprites turning out to be the eat-anything variant, and after chasing ponies and chewing holes in the saddlebags, they aren't interested in following the candy.

Oh, and Lyra can have her lyre. Pinkie needed to make a full band to lead the parasprites away, and it isn't guaranteed that it would work without the right combination of instruments.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The full set is here.

original image

9. - Top - End - #759
    Ettin in the Playground

Lord of the Rings + Ponies

Very long, very enjoyable, and some of the lines are so delightfully cheesy when redone in FiM lingo.

10. - Top - End - #760
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    yeah...i made that point a few threads ago
    I can't say I'm surprised

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Well my version was to bake Poison Joke into food and feed that to the Parasprites. What's a funny version of Parasprites? Pacman. Thus population control has been established as well as limiting them to small mouse food pellets with the occasional cherry.
    I don't imagine there are a lot of poison joke lying around anywhere in Ponyville, much less Sugarcube Corner or BonBon's place, though

Oh no, Ponyville is being invaded by Furbys!

Refinement of plan: Everypony spreads out and herds the parasprites towards the center of town. Fluttershy keeps them distracted while Pinkie and Lyra load up saddlebags with candy from their respective shops. Pinkie/Lyra hoof it through the parasprite crowd and into Everfree forest, then dump the candy in the river to lead the parasprites away.

Now the fun part comes not from the plan being crazy, but from the plan falling apart from unexpected variables. Such as, say, the (so far passive) parasprites turning out to be the eat-anything variant, and after chasing ponies and chewing holes in the saddlebags, they aren't interested in following the candy.

Oh, and Lyra can have her lyre. Pinkie needed to make a full band to lead the parasprites away, and it isn't guaranteed that it would work without the right combination of instruments.
    Indeed. Music might aid, possibly, but I wouldn't expect it to be the solution.

11. - Top - End - #761
    Bugbear in the Playground

Using the combined resources of Sugarcube Corner and Bon Bon's whatever, they bake a lifelike costume of the parasprite queen. With Flitter inside to make it really fly and Lyra using her magic to give it Authentic Parasprite Movements™, the deception is sure to win over the entirety of the parasprite population. With their new army of nigh invulnerable little critters, our quartet marches on Canterlot and seizes control of the govenment from the incompetent hooves of Celestia.

Alternatively, you take a page out of a certain goblin's book and get rich off of a new line of parasprite pies.

EDIT: Oh deary me, what was I thinking? This is Equestria, that should be a parasprite princess.
    Last edited by ICN; 2012-11-12 at 03:57 PM.

12. - Top - End - #762
    Titan in the Playground

Flour dust, suspended in air is quite explosive.
    Lure them all to the town square, fill the air with flour, light a match and stand well back.

Nobody messes with the Pastry Chef.

13. - Top - End - #763
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ICN View Post
    Using the combined resources of Sugarcube Corner and Bon Bon's whatever, they bake a lifelike costume of the parasprite queen. With Flitter inside to make it really fly and Lyra using her magic to give it Authentic Parasprite Movements™, the deception is sure to win over the entirety of the parasprite population. With their new army of nigh invulnerable little critters, our quartet marches on Canterlot and seizes control of the govenment from the incompetent hooves of Celestia.

Alternatively, you take a page out of a certain goblin's book and get rich off of a new line of parasprite pies.
    Oooh, I like this idea

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    Flour dust, suspended in air is quite explosive.
    Lure them all to the town square, fill the air with flour, light a match and stand well back.

Nobody messes with the Pastry Chef.
    Hmm, nothing a good explosion can't solve

14. - Top - End - #764
    Titan in the Playground

Alternatively;
    Spoiler
    Show

A pair of bellows, a big sack, some Pinkie Pie wacky-machine-engineering and a little bit of burning wick at the end, near the nozzle, and you have a one or two pony extermination team. Possibly a good way to clean up the survivors of the flourspolsion in the town square.

15. - Top - End - #765

GnomeWizardGuy

If you're looking for silly plans, there's always the pegasus-powered vaccuum-tuba (provided by Lyra, retrofitted by Pinkie) that would suck up the parasprites and store them in a bag.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The full set is here.

original image

16. - Top - End - #766
    Titan in the Playground

If you're looking for silly plans, there's always the pegasus-powered vaccuum-tuba (provided by Lyra, retrofitted by Pinkie) that would suck up the parasprites and store them in a bag.
    That is ... also a possibility How would pegasi power it exactly, though?

17. - Top - End - #767

GnomeWizardGuy

That is ... also a possibility How would pegasi power it exactly, though?
    You'd attach bike pedals to it, of course, and use their wings to cycle it for the vaccuum. (Don't start asking how a Pinkie Pie invention actually works, though. )

[Edit] Oversized bike pedals, with one pegasus on each. One pushes down while the other pushes up, pedaling the whole thing.
    Last edited by erikun; 2012-11-12 at 04:29 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The full set is here.

original image

18. - Top - End - #768
    Titan in the Playground

You'd attach bike pedals to it, of course, and use their wings to cycle it for the vaccuum. (Don't start asking how a Pinkie Pie invention actually works, though. )

[Edit] Oversized bike pedals, with one pegasus on each. One pushes down while the other pushes up, pedaling the whole thing.
    I ... think this could actually work

19. - Top - End - #769

Hey, if it works...

I do like the poison joke idea, but how could you guarantee that they'll mutate into pacmen?

20. - Top - End - #770
    Titan in the Playground

Hey, if it works...

I do like the poison joke idea, but how could you guarantee that they'll mutate into pacmen?
    Well, instead of cyanide perhaps something less drastic like ... laxatives? I kinda wonder what'll happen if you give parasprites laxatives, but I'm not sure I want to know the answer

21. - Top - End - #771
    Titan in the Playground

I don't imagine there are a lot of poison joke lying around anywhere in Ponyville, much less Sugarcube Corner or BonBon's place, though
    Pinkie's been storing it to use in pranks.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

22. - Top - End - #772
    Spamalot in the Playground

I mean, why not horned pegasi? And then it struck me, horny pegasi! I know, I know, I'm awful and should be ashamed, but I'm not!

Spoiler
    Show
    Haha...
    Spoiler
    Show

Dance Fight.
    I have Pinkie Pie, logic is invalid.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    No, I mean he's done all the season 1 episodes up to the sleepover episode.
    Ah, even better! Some background to listen to on my upcoming holiday time.

We can feed them during the day!
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2012-11-12 at 04:56 PM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

23. - Top - End - #773

GnomeWizardGuy

Well, instead of cyanide perhaps something less drastic like ... laxatives? I kinda wonder what'll happen if you give parasprites laxatives, but I'm not sure I want to know the answer
    Give them olive oil. Olive oil tends to make people feel quite full, so they don't eat as much. Perhaps it would even make them sick enough to stop eating?

It's sure better than trying to explain a pony baking cynaide or explosives. Unless that is the kind of fic you are writing...
    Spoiler
    Show
    The full set is here.

original image

24. - Top - End - #774

Quote Originally Posted by Ravian View Post
    Also: Why!!! The pony app requires IOS or whatever it is! Curse you regular iPod touch, you are exspensive to replace and were suited to my purposes perfectly until now!
    Yeah, the iStore says my three-year-old bottom-end iPod Touch is too old to be able to run the game (I think it needs iOS 5 and mine is stuck at 4.2.1).

I was thinking of replacing it with the 5" Samsung Android-based player anyway.
    Blue Star Topaz is my name
    Equestria's my station
    The Elements define my creed
    The Herd's my destination

25. - Top - End - #775
    Titan in the Playground

Give them olive oil. Olive oil tends to make people feel quite full, so they don't eat as much. Perhaps it would even make them sick enough to stop eating?

It's sure better than trying to explain a pony baking cynaide or explosives. Unless that is the kind of fic you are writing...
    Super Locusts without genre appropriate weaknesses (The music thing or something comparable) deserve absolutely everything they get.

26. - Top - End - #776
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah. I have some explosions already, but cyanide is definitely too dark for this story. It's just a random, silly adventure rated for everyone, much like the show itself.

I think I'm going to go with your vaccuum idea, mixed with Pinkie's crazy chopper, because then I can have Lyra playing "Ride of the Valkyries" as they suck up parasprites. I even have a super silly name for the sucker

27. - Top - End - #777
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post

Very long, very enjoyable, and some of the lines are so delightfully cheesy when redone in FiM lingo.
    That was incredible. Clean animations, top-notch voice acting, corny horse puns, and all the epic they could possibly pack into one video. I'd watch the entire movie done in that style.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

28. - Top - End - #778
    Titan in the Playground

Poor Aotrs. Less than 15 hours after his post, and it looks like EqD is holding a writing contest for King Sombra backstories. I'm sure there will be more than a few that cast him in a sympathetic light. Ah well, it'll be good drawing practice... right?
    This - I've just seen it myself - unfortunately sort of invalidates the experiment, actually, since with a contest on it, it is going to skew the "natural" results. And there is an upper limit to the amount of time I'm prepared to devote to this (both in the analysis (did we ever get any more suggestions on that point than the last one) and in the drawing. As if it gets too big, it'll become a chore and then there's no point anymore. (Much as I hate to back out of anything, I also know my limits. When I first posted the idea, I was banking on having to draw one picture if and only if the brony fandom surprised me by not doing it; I'm already stretching a bit beyond that. I just don't have the time or inclination to spend days on this; especially given that this is really all extraneous to my point, as we had the first sympathetic portrail in just over twenty-four hours.)

So we'll have to see how many results come out of it. It might only be practical to do a proportional analysis (and, given the small size of the contest submissions - which of course will likely mean higher volumes - count a submission as a fraction of "one" for the purposes of my final count.) Or disregard the contest result completely, though that's not very satisfactory either. I dunno. We'll have to see.

Actually, scrub all that, on examination, Seth means the "contest" is in the comments section, rather than something semi-official like the holiday fanfic contests or drawing events that Phoe organises (whose name escapes at the moment). So I think I have to say, on that basis, it doesn't count as "fanart/fanfiction" (especially as it's 300 words or less, and not "no more than 300 words") for my purposes; I'm not gonna count anything that short as viable, no matter how silly or sympathetic it is (I'm not going to devote time and energy to assess or draw something on a two-or-three line thing that took somepony two minutes to write, sorry.) If we get some "proper" fanfiction out of it, that will still count and I'll take my lumps (within reason).

(Unless something there is of utterly stupendously quality - which might happen - but I'm not personally going to trawl through nearly three hundred comments already looking for that.)
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2012-11-12 at 05:59 PM.

29. - Top - End - #779
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post

Huzzah!

I am surprisingly OK with OctaJack
    and Fluttershy as the ENT...how utterly perfect
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

30. - Top - End - #780

RogueGuy

For the smartphone game, are we basing friend names off of Gamesloft or Facebook?
    R.I.P. Wrecan, he was a true organizer and a gentleman.