New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony LVI:S Has Left the Playground!

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    This - I've just seen it myself - unfortunately sort of invalidates the experiment, actually, since with a contest on it, it is going to skew the "natural" results. And there is an upper limit to the amount of time I'm prepared to devote to this (both in the analysis (did we ever get any more suggestions on that point than the last one) and in the drawing. As if it gets too big, it'll become a chore and then there's no point anymore. (Much as I hate to back out of anything, I also know my limits. When I first posted the idea, I was banking on having to draw one picture if and only if the brony fandom surprised me by not doing it; I'm already stretching a bit beyond that. I just don't have the time or inclination to spend days on this; especially given that this is really all extraneous to my point, as we had the first sympathetic portrail in just over twenty-four hours.)

So we'll have to see how many results come out of it. It might only be practical to do a proportional analysis (and, given the small size of the contest submissions - which of course will likely mean higher volumes - count a submission as a fraction of "one" for the purposes of my final count.) Or disregard the contest result completely, though that's not very satisfactory either. I dunno. We'll have to see.

Actually, scrub all that, on examination, Seth means the "contest" is in the comments section, rather than something semi-official like the holiday fanfic contests or drawing events that Phoe organises (whose name escapes at the moment). So I think I have to say, on that basis, it doesn't count as "fanart/fanfiction" (especially as it's 300 words or less, and not "no more than 300 words") for my purposes; I'm not gonna count anything that short as viable, no matter how silly or sympathetic it is (I'm not going to devote time and energy to assess or draw something on a two-or-three line thing that took somepony two minutes to write, sorry.) If we get some "proper" fanfiction out of it, that will still count and I'll take my lumps (within reason).

(Unless something there is of utterly stupendously quality - which might happen - but I'm not personally going to trawl through nearly three hundred comments already looking for that.)
    I think this is fair.

Although the amount of backstory concepts being thrown around do make it slightly more likely that people will write actual fics about Sombra, which does increase the chances of you having to draw us pretty ponies.
    So, you know, it's not all bad.

2. - Top - End - #782
    Ogre in the Playground

I really don't like Brushin' Bones, but have an hour and a half episode review of the new episodes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M946OfQRxdI

3. - Top - End - #783
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Well, instead of cyanide perhaps something less drastic like ... laxatives? I kinda wonder what'll happen if you give parasprites laxatives, but I'm not sure I want to know the answer
    Um. Well, normally parasprites vomit up their youth. So, if you give them laxatives... Bad image. Bad pony. Bad pony.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Yeah. I have some explosions already, but cyanide is definitely too dark for this story. It's just a random, silly adventure rated for everyone, much like the show itself.

I think I'm going to go with your vaccuum idea, mixed with Pinkie's crazy chopper, because then I can have Lyra playing "Ride of the Valkyries" as they suck up parasprites. I even have a super silly name for the sucker

Out of curiosity, how will you keep the parasprites from devouring the vacuum cleaner from the inside out?

RE: Lord of the Ring ponies:
    Squeeeee!
    Last edited by Balmas; 2012-11-12 at 07:41 PM.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

4. - Top - End - #784
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    Um. Well, normally parasprites vomit up their youth. So, if you give them laxatives... Bad image. Bad pony. Bad pony.
    Assuming parasprites have two... ends, laxatives shouldn't affect the way their offspring turn out, right?
    Blargh slaves crystals crystals blargh zimmerwald1915. Internets: 3
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Fedora View Post
    Dirtytabs, Dirtytabs
    Friendly Ponythread Dirtytabs
    To her friends she's a gem
    She makes lovely art for them
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    I don't always save pony images, but when I do, they're usually DirtyTabs.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    +100 Exp for Dirtytabs.

5. - Top - End - #785
    Titan in the Playground

Given how quickly they reproduce, it's entirely possible that every scrap of matter they take in is vomited back up as new baby Parasprites.

But as these aren't parasprites, but rather a standin for whatever gribbly Deadly is actually going to write about, that might not be relevant.

6. - Top - End - #786
    Titan in the Playground

On the subject of promises to Ponythread...

Some of you may remember about a year ago, I extended the challenge of "How long until I screw up and say 'somepony' instead of 'somebody'?" Sort of a little challenge to see how long until ponies absolutely corrupted my brain. Well, I just did.

The only problem is I was talking to myself. Alone. With the door closed. But it was still an honest-to-goodness slip-up. I meant to say, out loud, "somebody", and out came "somepony." But I was technically talking to myself, which some may argue that means my defenses were naturally down, and thus, doesn't count. So I'm turning it over to you all: Should I call this the moment when I finally slipped up, or should I wait until I'm talking with others and it happens?
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

7. - Top - End - #787

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtytabs View Post
    Assuming parasprites have two... ends, laxatives shouldn't affect the way their offspring turn out, right?
    Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post

Some of you may remember about a year ago, I extended the challenge of "How long until I screw up and say 'somepony' instead of 'somebody'?" Sort of a little challenge to see how long until ponies absolutely corrupted my brain. Well, I just did.

The only problem is I was talking to myself. Alone. With the door closed. But it was still an honest-to-goodness slip-up. I meant to say, out loud, "somebody", and out came "somepony." But I was technically talking to myself, which some may argue that means my defenses were naturally down, and thus, doesn't count. So I'm turning it over to you all: Should I call this the moment when I finally slipped up, or should I wait until I'm talking with others and it happens?
    Keep going, I say, until you actually do it in conversation. See if anyone notices.

On that topic, I don't say "anypony," but I think it a whole lot.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

8. - Top - End - #788
    Titan in the Playground

What is the forfeit?

9. - Top - End - #789

Griffon

I say that you were just lucky in that no one was there to notice.

10. - Top - End - #790
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    What is the forfeit?
    A short way of saying "letting the enemies take you to their prison camp where you'll start an uprising later, which will be made into a film 30 years in the future."
    (Un?)official ponythread element of airships.

11. - Top - End - #791
    Titan in the Playground

What is the forfeit?
    Among a few side wagers, I would have to record myself singing a song of the winner's choice from the show. A bunch of folks put wagers on how long it'd take me to crack.

For the record, I am not a song pony.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtronaut View Post
    A short way of saying "letting the enemies take you to their prison camp where you'll start an uprising later, which will be made into a film 30 years in the future."
    That too.

Heck, just earlier today, I managed to make a fantastic parallel between a fictional vampony race and my personal beliefs, which I won't go into due to board rules. But needless to say, the infection runs pretty deep now.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-11-12 at 08:39 PM.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

12. - Top - End - #792
    Titan in the Playground

On careful deliberation entirely unrelated to the above revelation, as the goal was to see how long it would take until your brain was corrupted by pony, NOT how long until you gave your corruption by pony away in public, it probably does count. The best thing to do would be to check directly with those who have made wagers, directly and collectively.

You should at least consider just ponying up though, so to speak.

Now, you might have promised to draw ponies for people or something like that. This wouldn't have affected my reading of the situation AT ALL and if I happened to be more adamant that you had indeed triggered the forfeit it would be PURE COINCIDENCE.

13. - Top - End - #793
    Titan in the Playground

doesn't count. It needs to be in a legit conversation with non-bronies.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

14. - Top - End - #794
    Titan in the Playground

On careful deliberation entirely unrelated to the above revelation, as the goal was to see how long it would take until your brain was corrupted by pony, NOT how long until you gave your corruption by pony away in public, it probably does count. The best thing to do would be to check directly with those who have made wagers, directly and collectively.

You should at least consider just ponying up though, so to speak.

Now, you might have promised to draw ponies for people or something like that. This wouldn't have affected my reading of the situation AT ALL and if I happened to be more adamant that you had indeed triggered the forfeit it would be PURE COINCIDENCE.
    I'm with Tiki, only lacking the obvious bias (at least, I don't recall being promised anything if I correctly guessed when your brain would fail you). Since the challenge was when you'd say somepony without intending it, the fact that you happen to talk to yourself out loud doesn't invalidate the slip-up.

Long story short, somepony needs to start paying his wagers.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

15. - Top - End - #795
    Bugbear in the Playground

I honestly can't believe it took the fandom this long to cross ponies with Bliss Stage. Relationship-powered giant robots? It actually make sense if you don't think about it which is more than I can say for most crossovers.

As for parasprites: Glue traps, scented like something edible. Then either release them far away or let them starve to death if you're feeling cruel
    Last edited by Eakin; 2012-11-12 at 09:36 PM.
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

16. - Top - End - #796
    Troll in the Playground

well, would you talk to yourself around others? if yes, it counts. if no, it wouldn't.
    I've never had that particular slip-up, but then im rather open and unapologetic about pony.

also, the obvious solution to parasprites is to call tom and get some of his friends to take care of it.
    Last edited by thubby; 2012-11-12 at 10:23 PM.
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

17. - Top - End - #797
    Colossus in the Playground

I am struck by a sudden thought.

I have never seen an Elvis pony.

Does anypony have an Elvis pony picture? Or will I have to make one?
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2012-11-12 at 10:24 PM.

18. - Top - End - #798
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    I am struck by a sudden thought.

I have never seen an Elvis pony.

Does anypony have an Elvis pony picture?
    Depends, do you want a drawing or a modified toy?
    If a drawing, the closest thing I could find was Fluttershy with his hair style.
    Last edited by Gamerlord; 2012-11-12 at 10:26 PM.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

19. - Top - End - #799

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    Drawing. And not a ponygenerator drawing.

20. - Top - End - #800
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

21. - Top - End - #801
    Titan in the Playground

Drawing. And not a ponygenerator drawing.
    Does this count?
    Spoiler
    Show

It's from this guy's gallery.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

22. - Top - End - #802

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    You can't see it, but tears of joy are pouring down my face.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Does this count?
    Spoiler
    Show

Eh, guess so. Still gonna draw Pony Elvis.

23. - Top - End - #803
    Ettin in the Playground

I wonder what he'll be singing?

Burning Love?
    Earth Angel (Bunny)?
    Hound (Diamond) Dog?

24. - Top - End - #804

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    If a drawing, the closest thing I could find was Fluttershy with his hair style.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Does this count?
    Spoiler
    Show

It seems everyone remembers the fat Elvis in the spangly white suit instead of the twentysomething from the 50s. :(
    Spoiler
    Show
    So of course I fix that with a drawing.
    Last edited by Dirtytabs; 2012-11-13 at 12:07 AM.
    Blargh slaves crystals crystals blargh zimmerwald1915. Internets: 3
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Fedora View Post
    Dirtytabs, Dirtytabs
    Friendly Ponythread Dirtytabs
    To her friends she's a gem
    She makes lovely art for them
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    I don't always save pony images, but when I do, they're usually DirtyTabs.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    +100 Exp for Dirtytabs.

25. - Top - End - #805
    Banned

It seems everyone remembers the fat Elvis in the spangly white suit instead of the twentysomething from the 50s. :(
    Spoiler
    Show
    Any Elvis is best Elvis.

26. - Top - End - #806
    Titan in the Playground

Got a live one for you Bleakbane.

I'm certainly not going to read it, but it's called I'm Sorry Sombra. So it really doesn't look good for you.
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

27. - Top - End - #807
    Ettin in the Playground

I wonder if we want Elvis Pony for Advisor in Civilization.
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

28. - Top - End - #808

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Got a live one for you Bleakbane.

I'm certainly not going to read it, but it's called I'm Sorry Sombra. So it really doesn't look good for you.
    It could be at some point, but right now, it is just Sombra being resurrected by someone who is (to quote) "5x larger than the ponies that lived in Equestria" and was once capable of "teleporting anywhere on the entire planet [by] snapping my fingers."

Then again, it has indicated that Sombra was forced into doing somthing, but it's been rather vague on just which thing he was forced to do. Losing intentionally during the Crystal Empire episode is kind of the implied thing he was forced into doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    There are no bad ideas, just bad execution.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you to zimmerwald1915 for the Gustave avatar.
    The full set is here.

Air Raccoon avatar provided by Ceika
    from the Request an OotS Style Avatar thread

A big thanks to PrinceAquilaDei for the gryphon avatar!
    original image

29. - Top - End - #809
    Ogre in the Playground

Eh, guess so. Still gonna draw Pony Elvis.
    Godspeed.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I really like his... pompadour?

And I just remembered: wasn't there a fat pony in a spangly costume in the H&H Day song? Does he count?
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

30. - Top - End - #810
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    It could be at some point, but right now, it is just Sombra being resurrected by someone who is (to quote) "5x larger than the ponies that lived in Equestria" and was once capable of "teleporting anywhere on the entire planet [by] snapping my fingers."

Then again, it has indicated that Sombra was forced into doing somthing, but it's been rather vague on just which thing he was forced to do. Losing intentionally during the Crystal Empire episode is kind of the implied thing he was forced into doing.
    That is beyond awful. I'm so glad that I'm not reading that fanfiction.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show