New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: My Little Pony LVI:S Has Left the Playground!

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Fluttershy can stare down dragons and even a cockatrice. She has a special bond with animals and is an amazing singer. Also she became a world famous model.
    don't forget..she is also world champ of Shhh!
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

2. - Top - End - #932
    Titan in the Playground

Omigosh, guys, I just saw the most amazing video and...

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Best (fanmade) pony video?

Best (fanmade) pony video.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    Tell me my friends, what does a hero truly nee---

Awww, I got pinkie'd

Yes, it is indeed awesome! Love the Spike and Rarity bits.
    ...Nuts. Why are you all so fast?

Okay, well have a game instead then. The game wherein Shining Armor throws his wife over and over and you get to control her flight and direction. Hate Cadance as a character? This is your chance to crash her into black Sombra gems over and over. Love Cadance? This is your chance to go for a record in crystal heart collection. Just want to see a silly picture of Cadance justifiably angry at Shining Armor? You should also play this game.

I also have a question I'm hoping ponythread can help me out with. Does anyone know the first fanfiction to call Derpy Hooves by name? I'm thinking it was late October or early November 2010, right after she was released, but if anyone can authoritatively point me to the first one, you'll get citation credit in my project.
    Last edited by Anarion; 2012-11-14 at 03:43 PM.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

3. - Top - End - #933
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    don't forget..she is also world champ of Shhh!
    How could I forget her most amazing ability of all?
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

4. - Top - End - #934
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post

...three rings for the griffon kings under the sky,
    Seven for the dog-lords in their halls of stone,
    Nine for mortal ponies doomed to lie,
    One for the Chaos on his chocolate throne,
    In the land of madness where friendship dies,
    One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them,
    One ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
    In the land of madness where friendship dies.
    Cue fanfic where, after a visit from the Snout of Sowron, the mane six must travel near Boardor to get to Angamare, where the great and poooowwweerful Witch Queen demands a audiance with those who shamed her mortal kin.

Expect jokes about a dragon named Smug. Also, bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    This is consistent with pony logic.
    Also Luna was using ROYAL CANTERLOT dialect.
    Indeed, the Crystal varient is mostly sobbing and quiet wimpering.
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2012-11-14 at 03:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

5. - Top - End - #935

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    I also have a question I'm hoping ponythread can help me out with. Does anyone know the first fanfiction to call Derpy Hooves by name? I'm thinking it was late October or early November 2010, right after she was released, but if anyone can authoritatively point me to the first one, you'll get citation credit in my project.
    Bubbles used the name "Derpy", but not Derpy Hooves. I'm not sure about other early fanfics, nor which ones used the Hooves last name.

Providing a little something myself, does anyone else like these? I'm not you'd call them - I'm sure there's a name for it somewhere - but they are quite catchy.
    Pinkie Pie
    Fluttershy
    Twilight Sparkle
    Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    There are no bad ideas, just bad execution.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you to zimmerwald1915 for the Gustave avatar.
    The full set is here.

Air Raccoon avatar provided by Ceika
    from the Request an OotS Style Avatar thread

A big thanks to PrinceAquilaDei for the gryphon avatar!
    original image

6. - Top - End - #936

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    Indeed, the Crystal varient is mostly sobbing and quiet wimpering.
    Actually Royal Crystal dialect is a very complex language where slight inflections change the word completely. To the untrained observer, there are only three words: "Slave", "Crystals", and "BLARG"
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

7. - Top - End - #937
    Titan in the Playground

Actually Royal Crystal dialect is a very complex language where slight inflections change the word completely. To the untrained observer, there are only three words: "Slave", "Crystals", and "BLARG"
    Stop making me laugh in public!
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

8. - Top - End - #938
    Barbarian in the Playground

Expect jokes about a dragon named Smug.
    The pony verse needs a dragon named Smug, LotR or not. He will be smug.
    Last edited by Dirtytabs; 2012-11-14 at 04:21 PM.
    Blargh slaves crystals crystals blargh zimmerwald1915. Internets: 3
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Fedora View Post
    Dirtytabs, Dirtytabs
    Friendly Ponythread Dirtytabs
    To her friends she's a gem
    She makes lovely art for them
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    I don't always save pony images, but when I do, they're usually DirtyTabs.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    +100 Exp for Dirtytabs.

9. - Top - End - #939
    Bugbear in the Playground

Yeah, the whole tone of the episode really changes when you turn on the subtitles.

S: "Oh! You there! Ponies who just got off the train! Could you do me a favor? I seem to be locked out of my city over there, somepony's put up some sort of forcefield I can't get through. Could you take a message in there for me? Tell them I'm really sorry about the whole 'dark crystal' thing. What can I say? It was the 980s. Dark crystals and eye smoke were all the rage. If you could just let me into my closet I can change out of this ridiculous outfit and we can discuss this like rational- geeze! Why are you shooting at me? I just want to talk! Wait, don't tell me those two crazy ladies from the south sent you? I don't CARE if I wasn't in compliance with the Kindomowner's Association regulations, I applied for a variance! If they don't want to show up to the monthly meetings they don't have the right to complain about the results!"

and the big finale...

S: "You finally took down that shield, does that mean we can talk about this? I've outlined a series of compromises that I think are fair to both parties... Hey! The Crystal Heart! Man I haven't seen that in ages. It was a wedding present from my late wife. That really takes me back. I couldn't look at it after she passed away, so I stuck it in the attic. She would have wanted it that way, she loved stairs you know. Would you find if I held it for just a moment? Hey! Did you... Did you just throw your wife at me? Why is everything glowing? I have a very unusual skin condition, please tone that down a little. Ow! Please, that really burns. Ow! Stop... You're killing me...

No...

All I wanted...

...was some screen... time..."
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

10. - Top - End - #940
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Eh, I think up to the end of the Chunin Exam Arc he was still salvagable. With a lot of work. I think Itachi, world-class seven-asterisking moron that he was1, just broke him with that second... thingy which I can't be bothered to look up the name of. I've read enough Naruto fanfic to believe it is possible, though maybe not probable. (And also that any opportunity to mock him via parody should be relentlessly abused, because I'm pretty sure that would really, really, grind his gears is being laughed at and have his jumped-up-selfish-wankst mocked and belittled, because he's the sort of person now who totally deserves it.)

Also, I refuse to throw out as ridiculously awesome concept as the sharigarn just because the wielders apart from Kakashi are depicted as pants-on-head bonkers. (Seriously, there must have been a few sane ones at some point in Uchiha history, they were basically the Konoha police.)
    Sure, he was alright until then.
    And then he got worse. Now he continues to get worse and my best metaphor is that he's kishimoto's spoilt kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    Yeah, the whole tone of the episode really changes when you turn on the subtitles.

S: "Oh! You there! Ponies who just got off the train! Could you do me a favor? I seem to be locked out of my city over there, somepony's put up some sort of forcefield I can't get through. Could you take a message in there for me? Tell them I'm really sorry about the whole 'dark crystal' thing. What can I say? It was the 980s. Dark crystals and eye smoke were all the rage. If you could just let me into my closet I can change out of this ridiculous outfit and we can discuss this like rational- geeze! Why are you shooting at me? I just want to talk! Wait, don't tell me those two crazy ladies from the south sent you? I don't CARE if I wasn't in compliance with the Kindomowner's Association regulations, I applied for a variance! If they don't want to show up to the monthly meetings they don't have the right to complain about the results!"

and the big finale...

S: "You finally took down that shield, does that mean we can talk about this? I've outlined a series of compromises that I think are fair to both parties... Hey! The Crystal Heart! Man I haven't seen that in ages. It was a wedding present from my late wife. That really takes me back. I couldn't look at it after she passed away, so I stuck it in the attic. She would have wanted it that way, she loved stairs you know. Would you find if I held it for just a moment? Hey! Did you... Did you just throw your wife at me? Why is everything glowing? I have a very unusual skin condition, please tone that down a little. Ow! Please, that really burns. Ow! Stop... You're killing me...

No...

All I wanted...

Headcanon'd in the part of my head where the princesses are huge derps.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

11. - Top - End - #941

and the big finale...

No...

All I wanted...

The real issue that arose was that he contacted the royal sisters after his banishment. Some of his smoke got in his nose, he coughed while saying "Crystals", and it came out to an unspeakable insult. They just went 'welp he's still evil'.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

12. - Top - End - #942

and the big finale...

No...

All I wanted...

....This is wonderful. Also, I now wish to see the foes the ponies have faced in glam-rock style outfits.

In other news, the pink one is hungery.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Show

13. - Top - End - #943

In other news, the pink one is hungery.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes... that's right avatar... weaken the veil!
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #944
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

ok..2 questions for ponythread
    QUESTION THE FIRST: Twilight dropped the rock and it fell for nine seconds before hitting bottom. Someone break out the geekfu and calculate how deep the stairwell went

QUESTION THE SECOND(ok..more of a request actually):
    anyone with some decent photoshop skills wanna make me a "time for pony" pic? i see a photo of current badass wrestler Ryback but instead of being captioned with his tagline of "feed me more" its "show me pony"

and the big finale...

No...

All I wanted...

since i cant say it any better myself...
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxtronaut View Post
    Last edited by otakuryoga; 2012-11-14 at 05:29 PM.
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

full size avatar

15. - Top - End - #945

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    ok..2 questions for ponythread
    QUESTION THE FIRST: Twilight dropped the rock and it fell for nine seconds before hitting bottom. Someone break out the geekfu and calculate how deep the stairwell went
    Assuming Earth-like conditions for G, air resistance, etc. d= 4.9 T^2, so 396.9 meters in 9 seconds
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

16. - Top - End - #946

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post
    ...You think Twilight Sparkle is a Mary Sue? Or like one?

Aroo? @_@
    I'd comment on this, but it's been done by everyone on the previous page. However, I have noted many times Sparkle's more Sueish tendencies.

Cue fanfic where, after a visit from the Snout of Sowron, the mane six must travel near Boardor to get to Angamare, where the great and poooowwweerful Witch Queen demands a audiance with those who shamed her mortal kin.

Expect jokes about a dragon named Smug. Also, bacon.
    And the Great and Powerful Witch Queen shall appear as a fiery flaming face.

and the big finale...

No...

All I wanted...

...Headcanon'd. You, sir, have earned this win. May you use it well.

Quote Originally Posted by Otakuryoga
    QUESTION THE FIRST: Twilight dropped the rock and it fell for nine seconds before hitting bottom. Someone break out the geekfu and calculate how deep the stairwell went.
    Distance formula for time spent falling. Distance d for time t:

d=.5gt^2.
    d=.5(9.8 meters per second squared)9^2
    d=396.9 meters, or 1302.1654 feet.

So, Twilight just fell down a .2466 miles. She fell down almost a quarter mile of stairs, and was only mildly dazed at the bottom.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

17. - Top - End - #947
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post

d=.5gt^2.

So, Twilight just fell down a .2466 miles. She fell down almost a quarter mile of stairs, and was only mildly dazed at the bottom.
    I believe our resident lich has a picture explaining this phenomenon; something involving superpowers or somesuch .
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

18. - Top - End - #948
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    I believe our resident lich has a picture explaining this phenomenon; something involving superpowers or somesuch .
    That or "wacky mechanisms of injury that don't actually injure anyone are just conventions of the genre".

19. - Top - End - #949
    Colossus in the Playground

You subscribe a level of organisation to the fandom that did not exist at that time. The name bounced around in 4chan memes and in thread semi-spontanious RPs. Fanfiction evolved slowly and haltingly, much of which was lost to time or unpublished.

Bubbles is about as good an example as you'll get, but I remember several that existed before it did.

20. - Top - End - #950

Anyway, back to pony: no comment on that ludicrously awesome Pony LotR video link thing I posted earlier?
    Does it need additional comment? I thought it was good when it got linked two days ago, and I think it's good now.
    Level 4 Bibliophile/Level 3 Bard, working toward the Bibliomancer Prestige Class

Brandon Sanderson recommender... In The Playground!

21. - Top - End - #951
    Dwarf in the Playground

d=.5gt^2.
    Actually, you're off by at least 30 meters. The stone has enough time to reach terminal velocity so drag is a significant factor. Let's assume rock density rho=2.5 g/cm, spherical shape and radius r=4cm
    Because these variables are basically guesses, I won't bother with more then one or two significant figures from here on, so g=10 m/s^2

this handy tool will give us terminal velocity of about V=60m/s. Without drag the rock would reach this after 6 seconds, which is less then 9, so the effect of drag is indeed noticeable.

Because I can't be bothered to remember how to solve differential equations, let's approximate the rock's trajectory thusly: first it falls under acceleration g for t1=6 seconds, then falls with terminal velocity for t2=3 seconds. This will give us a distance a bit longer then the real answer, but with the quality of given data it's good enough.

10*6*6/2 + 60*3 = 180 + 180 = 360 meters

If we take a smaller rock that would more comfortably fit in a pony mouth
    r=2cm, V=45m/s, t1=4.5, t2=4.5
    10*4.5*4.5/2 + 45*4.5 = 1.5*45*4.5 = 300 meters

22. - Top - End - #952
    Titan in the Playground

So, is anypony else seeing possible underlying recurring plot points and overarching plot happening this season?

Twilight Advanced to next level of her studies, and Luna and Celestia are doing a lot of knowing mystical mentor stuff, more so then normal, and the book felt like a big hint.
    "I Burn!"

23. - Top - End - #953
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

just finished up This Story, and must say it is pretty good..and features Twilight at her maximum adorkableness
    Spoiler
    Show
    i mean..come on..she has a hot mare cuddling up on her right, another hot mare cuddling up on her left, a 3rd hot mare cuddling up from behind and using her rump as a pillow
    ---and she dreams...of a library with the other 3 there debating the theory of magical dueling........

Assuming Earth-like conditions for G, air resistance, etc. d= 4.9 T^2, so 396.9 meters in 9 seconds

d=.5gt^2.

well, i believe that the good lich

damn ninjas
    Last edited by otakuryoga; 2012-11-14 at 07:03 PM.

full size avatar

24. - Top - End - #954
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kd7sov View Post
    Does it need additional comment? I thought it was good when it got linked two days ago, and I think it's good now.
    I was mainly trying to steer the conversation away fromthe sue discussion...

Well, since you bring it up...

And as you can't fail to make use of it at every. Single. Juncture...

Ponies have superpowers.

Superpowers.

Spoiler
    Show

A fact which is confirmed more and more steadily with each passing season...
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2012-11-14 at 07:47 PM.

25. - Top - End - #955
    Spamalot in the Playground

LOL, yeah the Cadence Toss flash is totally fun Anarion. The game over screen made me spittake... this is what I'm talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Best (fanmade) pony video?
    Best (fanmade) pony video.
    Second best, but totally awesome!!
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2012-11-14 at 08:00 PM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

26. - Top - End - #956

I was mainly trying to steer the conversation away fromthe sue discussion...

Well, since you bring it up...

And as you can't fail to make use of it at every. Single. Juncture...

Ponies have superpowers.

Superpowers.

Spoiler
    Show

A fact which is confirmed more and more steadily with each passing season...
    Good sir, I have a request: You seem to be good with numbers, and considering what we know about ponies, how freakishly powerful is Iron Will to the point he has roughly two stallions worth of muscle mass in each of his biceps?
    Show

27. - Top - End - #957
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    You subscribe a level of organisation to the fandom that did not exist at that time. The name bounced around in 4chan memes and in thread semi-spontanious RPs. Fanfiction evolved slowly and haltingly, much of which was lost to time or unpublished.

Bubbles is about as good an example as you'll get, but I remember several that existed before it did.
    It's true, I do subscribe too much organization in the interest of making my life easier. But Bubbles is too late. That story ended up on EQD in March, after Hasbro had already inserted back into the show with the gag in Feeling Pinkie Keen. At the time that Feeling Pinkie Keen first came out, people got excited because Derpy was in it. That means people already knew about the Derpy character including the muffins gag and the idea that she works as a mailmare because it had gotten enough attention that the animators stuck it back in.

If there was some kind of preserved piece of fiction, especially one that came out before "Feeling Pinkie Keen" it would make a much better case that Hasbro doesn't own the character. If there isn't, I'll have to settle for an explanation about how the character evolved. I'd much prefer to cite an actual story or work of some kind than to cite the know your meme page.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”

28. - Top - End - #958
    Ettin in the Playground

It's true, I do subscribe too much organization in the interest of making my life easier. But Bubbles is too late. That story ended up on EQD in March, after Hasbro had already inserted back into the show with the gag in Feeling Pinkie Keen. At the time that Feeling Pinkie Keen first came out, people got excited because Derpy was in it. That means people already knew about the Derpy character including the muffins gag and the idea that she works as a mailmare because it had gotten enough attention that the animators stuck it back in.

If there was some kind of preserved piece of fiction, especially one that came out before "Feeling Pinkie Keen" it would make a much better case that Hasbro doesn't own the character. If there isn't, I'll have to settle for an explanation about how the character evolved. I'd much prefer to cite an actual story or work of some kind than to cite the know your meme page.
    Well, this one appears to have been published in December 2010?

Ironically, I found that by following the footnotes on the KYM page for Derpy

29. - Top - End - #959
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    Well, this one appears to have been published in December 2010?

Ironically, I found that by following the footnotes on the KYM page for Derpy
    *hugs*

Apparently I should be giving KYM more credit.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

30. - Top - End - #960
    Titan in the Playground

*hugs*

Apparently I should be giving KYM more credit.
    It is one of the more useful internet culture websites.
    KYM and Encyclopedia Dramatica are far, far more useful for this kind of thing than they have any right to be.