New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1473
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony LVI:S Has Left the Playground!

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    I think I hear the buzzing of uneducated plebians.
    I feel rather offended by this. Then again, I'm not sure if you're talking about high school or college.

2. - Top - End - #992
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Inconceivable!
    Spoiler
    Show

Deadly, I hope you don't mind that I used your image to make a point.
    Not at all

TwiDash is best Dash

WOOHOO! Final exam done! Assuming I don't horribly fail it, I am now hold the titles of Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Commerce!

I can finally say for reals that I have a degree in creative writing! I outrank everyone here! Except Phoe, I think she's got a degree and is a magical pony princess. I got nothing on that.

And to celebrate, I am finally turning all of my chat programs back on. Internet, I am yours fully once again.
    'grats!

Don't we have a PhD or two around here, though? I seem to remember someone was pretty well educated, but maybe I just dreamed that

3. - Top - End - #993
    Troll in the Playground

First, I approve of this message

Quote Originally Posted by t209 View Post
    Crystal Empire scary implications:
    Did King Sombra exterminated Pegasus and Unicorns during his reign? For another information, his palace was designed to proof from anyone (Earth Pony can't catch or open the door, Unicorn will be caught by fear spell and he or she (At least average) has to get up the stairs forever, and Pegasus will can't catch or open the door).
    Why exterminate?

We can assume CE started as gem mining outpost for nobles in the south, something with a few unicorns as detectors and a lot of earth ponies as labour. Over time, it accumulated enough wealth to become a state in its own right, crystal heart being just defence system made by old unicorns.

Also, come to think of it, isn't Celestia's line 'King Sombra, a unicorn whose heart was black as night' a stealth insult at her sister?

Buzz buzz.
    At M.A./M.Sc. level, the buzzing is twice as loud. Hurr
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

4. - Top - End - #994
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post

damn ninjas
    Well when we all subscribe to the same feeds...
    And this is why any reasonably large thread should keep pirates and robots among its ranks for the safety of its thread posters. Thus, Sweetie Bot:
    Spoiler
    Show

Did King Sombra exterminated Pegasus and Unicorns during his reign? For another information, his palace was designed to proof from anyone (Earth Pony can't catch or open the door, Unicorn will be caught by fear spell and he or she (At least average) has to get up the stairs forever, and Pegasus will can't catch or open the door).
    Or maybe there have been previous attempts to usurp his throne by Pegasi and Unicorn factions outside the Crystal Empire, thus Sombra created the traps to thwart would-be invaders from procuring the heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    <_<

I suspect he didn't talk because he was insane.
    I agree with you. Sensory dep is pretty harsh on us non-immortal types.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

5. - Top - End - #995
    Troll in the Playground

I'm not sure if it's been posted yet, but for those of you waiting on the MLP comic, it's been delayed until the 27th.

WOOHOO! Final exam done! Assuming I don't horribly fail it, I am now hold the titles of Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Commerce!
    Congratulations!
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

6. - Top - End - #996
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    I'm not sure if it's been posted yet, but for those of you waiting on the MLP comic, it's been delayed until the 27th.
    Hah. By the time it comes out, I may well be down to it and Regeneration One, as it looks like the last of the ending titles of X-Men arrived this morning, which gives the remaining two only a short time to convince it's worth continuing.

On the other hand, the MLP comic creators must be nervous, because 100,000 preorders as it suggested last time on EQD is within the top ten (and looking over the last few months, top six) distribution numbers of comics floating out there. That's pretty astonishing. If it ain't good, they are seriously going to get it...!

Actually, looking over the stated distribution numbers of comics generally, the numbers are surprising; most are in the tes of thousands at most, and quite lot are down into only a few thousand. Now, I don't think even these numbers are the whole story (as I think they only cover one distributor), but even so, the relative magnitudes are surprising. Circulation figures are a lot lower than you might expect.

Which, of course, makes one's personal buying power a little more potent, meaning that one can feel that voting with one's wallet does make a difference - a small one, but not entirely unoticable...

7. - Top - End - #997
    Titan in the Playground

I can finally say for reals that I have a degree in creative writing! I outrank everyone here! Except Phoe, I think she's got a degree and is a magical pony princess. I got nothing on that.

And to celebrate, I am finally turning all of my chat programs back on. Internet, I am yours fully once again.
    Congratulations! You enjoy that smug superiority now, y'hear?

Speaking of this, now I have time for reading things again!

EVERYPONY, IF THERE IS ANYTHING YOU'D LIKE ME TO READ AND REVIEW ON YOUR BEHALF, TELL ME!
    Welp! Links and questions to my latest chapter are on the previous page, and I'm pretty sure you quoted them in this post too. So there y'go.

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    You can try here or here.

I'll try to get to it later. I been meaning to read but I kept losing the links. ;_;
    Thanks! For both links and attempts/intentions to read. I was just making sure it didn't get completely buried in the post-episode boom.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

8. - Top - End - #998
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    And now for something completely different!

Some of you may remember my story Flowers for Twilight. If memory serves, the last update was, what, sometime in June? May? Either way, it's been a while. Turns out writing in Japan ended up being impossible, what with the eye strain, massive workload, and other such nonsense keeping me busy. But after months of getting in odd tweaks and scenes here and there, I'm happy to announce that the next chapter is daggum finally ready for pre-reading!

Chapter 3

(old chapters, in the quite likely case you need to jog your memory)
    Chapter 1
    Chapter 2

Finally getting to the actual meat of the story. Specific pre-reader questions are below, please check them out after you've read it:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Concerns with the group study scene:
    1. It’s dialogue heavy. It may have a purpose, it may not. Either way, does it work for you?
    2. The whole “That was two questions ago”. Does it work? Did it leave you confused?
    3. If you had to cut anything in this scene, what would you cut?

Concerns with magic scenes:
    1) How’s the description? Too much? Too literal? Too ethereal?
    2) Did you have a clear idea what was going on?

General Concerns:
    1) How is Rose's character? Do you think you have a good feel for her, or is she getting the AJ treatment of "straight pony means boring pony"?
    2) How is the pacing? Do you feel like the story has been dragging on? I'm a little worried that three chapters to get to the kick-off point of one of the main plots is a bit much, but I don't see any other way to do it.

Any and all critique would be appreciated. Even if you can't get to this story for a while, belated feedback is still feedback.
    Derp. While "Permission denied" is quite the story, I'm sure you could come up with a more original take on MLP fanfic.

PS: Allowing comments would also greatly speed up matters.
    Last edited by Grif; 2012-11-15 at 10:02 AM.

9. - Top - End - #999
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post

While I understand your sentiment, pony actually contains several deconstructions. For example:
    1. Dog and Pony Show: Spike's repeated melodramatics while Rarity saves herself is essentially a deconstruction of the damsel in distress.
    2. The entirety of Sweet and Elite is a deconstruction of the "character punished for lying" story archetype.
    3. The entire show was designed as a deconstruction of the idea that all little girls' characters are the same.
    Yep! Deconstructions doesn't have to be like Neon Genesis Evangelion Dark. Sometimes it can be a parody or just light hearted.
    I thought Deconstruction is like "this is what would really happen instead of this". Plus,
    Lesson Zero- Deconstruction of "Knowing is Half the Battle" and Friendship Report.
    Last edited by t209; 2012-11-15 at 10:14 AM.
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

10. - Top - End - #1000
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Not at all

TwiDash is best Dash
    Spoiler
    Show

Flutterdash OTP.

'grats!

Don't we have a PhD or two around here, though? I seem to remember someone was pretty well educated, but maybe I just dreamed that
    Having delayed my education by two years to go on a mission, I'm only a freshman at BYU-Idaho. However, I plan to go all the way to a doctorate to pursue a course in psychology.

So, here. Have a psychologist pony.

Largish image
    Spoiler
    Show
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

11. - Top - End - #1001
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Buzz buzz.
    No need to be so patronizing. I know you have a latin temper, but this is just vulgar. I have run out of roman social class puns so soon :C
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

12. - Top - End - #1002
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Flutterdash OTP.
    Spoiler
    Show

ALL PAIRINGS ARE BEST PAIRINGS.

Any objections?
    (Un?)official ponythread element of airships.

13. - Top - End - #1003
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Derp. While "Permission denied" is quite the story, I'm sure you could come up with a more original take on MLP fanfic.

PS: Allowing comments would also greatly speed up matters.
    I think I have the proper response to this.

Should be fixed now. I'll go ahead and switch comments on for the other chapters; they'll be going on FIMFiction anyhow.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

14. - Top - End - #1004
    Ettin in the Playground

Nerfnow just released MLP+Mario Crossover.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Little Yoshi! My Little Yoshi!

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    First, I approve of this message
    On second thought, nevermind.
    Last edited by t209; 2012-11-15 at 01:17 PM.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Apple Jack's parents

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    So, did anypony get around to checking this out? Plan to check it out at some point? Actively spit on it and toss it out the window?

It seems like a lot of our prereaders (myself included for various reasons) don't really pre-read things all that much anymore. Anypony else have places they go to get work reviewed before formally releasing it?
    Ah yes I meant to mention that you really really need to post links to the next and previous chapters at the top or bottom of the chapter pages. I read chapter one, and couldn't proceed since I couldn't find your post again.

Quote Originally Posted by ICN View Post
    Nah, I just think there weren't any Pegasi or Unicorns to begin with. Head canon time!

Cut back to the time frame of the Hearth's Warming Eve story. Some of the Earth ponies decided to stay and continue farming the land that had been in their families for generations instead of joining the others in their mass exodus. In spite of their efforts they were still unable to get anything to grow, and now they even lacked their scapegoats (Scape-ponies?) to blame it on. Instead of just waiting for the end the remaining Earth ponies pooled the last of their resources and had a festival so they could go out with a smile. The resulting happiness powered the Crystal Heart and BAM! They once again had farmable land. The land now being maintained by the power of crystals, the Earth ponies intrinsic connection with said land caused their metamorphosis into Crystal ponies.

And that's how Pinkie Pie got her cutie mark!

Yeah, I put way too much thought into these things.
    That's a really well thought out idea. I like it!

But that means the migration was actually a really short distance. So I'm just going to go with that the Crystal Empire was a completely unique group of ponies in comparison to Equestria and it's ancestors.

EVERYPONY, IF THERE IS ANYTHING YOU'D LIKE ME TO READ AND REVIEW ON YOUR BEHALF, TELL ME!
    Congrats!

Buzz buzz.

Deep Purple, "Clearly Quite Absurd".

If I have theme music, that is it.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

16. - Top - End - #1006
    Ogre in the Playground

Piece of Mind! Contest deadline is Saturday, and I'm busy revising it as we speak. Can't post a link due to contest rules, but PM me or pester me on MSN for a link.

And congratulations! Exams are killers, I know!
    Last edited by PhantomFox; 2012-11-15 at 12:05 PM.

17. - Top - End - #1007
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    Yay, I just had my first "thirty-year-olds who watch MLP are pedophiles and I wouldn't let one near my hypothetical kids" argument. Do I get an official patch or something? It's got to be at least a space on Brony Bingo.

Also, apparently it's becoming hip in certain places to assign the label "brony" to the drama-magnet fans without self-awareness or shame, and just call yourself "someone who watches MLP". Interesting development.

Related to the previous two... I'm actually kind of surprised at how much it took to just turn off my inner skeptic for the Season 3 opener, and how enjoyable it was when I turned it off. Like, I'm excited about ponies again, even though part of me wants to be sour and curl up on itself to avoid any hint of blame for being a geeky fan.

Still a bit hard to watch Rarity as a character as opposed to cipher or symbol. Takes a bit of conscious effort.

Spike deserved this episode.

Wife Caber Toss.

What more is there to say?

Congratulations, sir. May all your books find the right publishers and sell beyond your wildest dreams.

I've been working hard at being someone you'd nod to, and may have ended up as someone you'd shake your head at. More testing is necessary for final verdict re: character arc.
    I watched Raz respond in real time!

He is the best at reacting to television shows. The best.

My avatar is more foxish than yours what is going oooonnnn

Come to the IRC sometime! @_@

18. - Top - End - #1008

Quote Originally Posted by Metahuman1 View Post
    So, is anypony else seeing possible underlying recurring plot points and overarching plot happening this season?

Twilight Advanced to next level of her studies, and Luna and Celestia are doing a lot of knowing mystical mentor stuff, more so then normal, and the book felt like a big hint.
    Then's there's Sombra's horn flying off toward the camera in the big destruction scene. The horn we've already seen him regenerate, while using the severed tip to spread darkness. Yeah, no foreshadowing there.
    Blue Star Topaz is my name
    Equestria's my station
    The Elements define my creed
    The Herd's my destination

19. - Top - End - #1009
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post
    My avatar is more foxish than yours what is going oooonnnn
    Fox Raz Fox was hunted down by Monobear. Perhaps this is why?

20. - Top - End - #1010
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    Fox Raz Fox was hunted down by Monobear. Perhaps this is why?
    ;_;

Monobear is the worst pony.

21. - Top - End - #1011

Nerfnow just released MLP+Mario Crossover.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Little Yoshi! My Little Yoshi!
    ...I'm half tempted to feed AJ 10 apples now.

Also would be hilarious to see AJ launch Pinkie off her back.
    "Can your magical feathers... do this?!"

Mario themed Ponies Image Dump? "Let's a go!"
    Spoiler
    Show

Mane 6 cosplaying as Mario characters (1240 pixel wide):
    Spoiler
    Show

MLP vs. Brawl (1014x1442):
    Spoiler
    Show
    Digo Dragon - Artist

22. - Top - End - #1012
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post
    ;_;

Monobear is the worst pony.
    No he's not; he's a bear. Weren't you paying attention?

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    MLP vs. Brawl (1014x1442):
    Spoiler
    Show
    Please; that's not even a fair fight. Consider the fact that ponies have Three-and-a-half physical gods on their side vs. a turtle that got killed by a plumber.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

23. - Top - End - #1013
    Titan in the Playground

Well, a bear is a pretty poor pony

24. - Top - End - #1014
    Ogre in the Playground

Please; that's not even a fair fight. Consider the fact that ponies have Three-and-a-half physical gods on their side vs. a turtle that got killed by a plumber.
    You know, the creator of Mario and stuff said he thought about his characters like how video game dudes are protrayed in Wreck-It Ralph: Animated actors! So... they probably wouldn't even tussle it up unless it was for show. ^_^
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Well, a bear is a pretty poor pony
    The worst sort, I'd venture. o.<

25. - Top - End - #1015
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Also, come to think of it, isn't Celestia's line 'King Sombra, a unicorn whose heart was black as night' a stealth insult at her sister?
    Crack theory/headcanon time!

This is why Luna looked so grumpy at the beginning of the episode. She was able to hear Celestia explain the situation to Twilight, and got offended. She was trying to give Twilight a reassuring smile to boost her spirits, but was so angry at her sister that it came off condescending instead.
    She confronted Celestia about it later, who profusely apologized. She honestly hadn't connected the phrase to Luna, but simply adopted it along with all the other modern pony speech habits. They then left and discussed Twilight's [DATA EXPUNGED] over ice cream.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtronaut View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

ALL PAIRINGS ARE BEST PAIRINGS.

Any objections?
    Just wanted to say that this is one of my favorite gifs of all time. The pairings message isn't bad, either.
    One Tin Pony avatar by Balmas

Current Projects: Dragon: the Inheritance

26. - Top - End - #1016

Three and a half? I could see a case for three, or for four, or for one or zero, depending on one's base assumptions, but unless you're assuming a Cadance that I don't see I don't know how you're counting.
    Level 4 Bibliophile/Level 3 Bard, working toward the Bibliomancer Prestige Class

Brandon Sanderson recommender... In The Playground!

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kd7sov View Post
    Three and a half? I could see a case for three, or for four, or for one or zero, depending on one's base assumptions, but unless you're assuming a Cadance that I don't see I don't know how you're counting.
    I think Luna + Nightmare Moon = 1.5

Since they are technically the same person and all.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

28. - Top - End - #1018
    Troll in the Playground

I have a personal announcement to make in picture/image macro form.

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by OracleofWuffing; 2012-11-15 at 03:05 PM.
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

29. - Top - End - #1019
    Ettin in the Playground

So Thanksgiving Day is Near. What is the chance of Pinkie Pie Balloon in Macy Day Parade?
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Apple Jack's parents

30. - Top - End - #1020

Having played all three Smash Bros games, I can attest that "fair" isn't the intent when the character move-sets in those games were created.

Quote Originally Posted by OracleofWuffing View Post
    I have a personal announcement to make in picture/image macro form.

Spoiler
    Show
    Woohoo! So what was your favorite part?
    Fluttersuit? Missile Mare? Celestia and Luna pulling out their little black book of hotties?

So Thanksgiving Day is Near. What is the chance of Pinkie Pie Balloon in Macy Day Parade?
    Haven't seen any ponies listed in the lineups yet.
    Unless its a surprise, I'm thinking they'll not have one.
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2012-11-15 at 04:46 PM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist