New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1473
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Banned

Default Re: My Little Pony LVI:S Has Left the Playground!

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    That's the most terrfying Minccino I've ever seen. And I've seen a few.

Yeah, don't ask.

Green - Grape or kiwi
    Purple - Black cherry would work

Not sure about indigo.
    Green - Mint!

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Troll in the Playground

Good green is Gooseberry

S3:

Spoiler
    Show
    It's interesting to see Pinkie by herself. She's usually complementing the rest of the group. She's had alone time before, like in Party of One, but here she's not being crazy, she's going on her own adventure. It's kinda neat.
    Spoiler
    Show
    You mean, like in a A Friend in Deed?
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

3. - Top - End - #1113
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kairaven View Post
    I imagine zap apple jam taste like every jam/jelly colors.....

Time to go mix jam/jelly into rainbow colors.....

red - strawberry
    orange - marmalade
    yellow - apple jelly
    green - ???
    blue - blueberry
    indigo - ???
    purple - Rasberry?
    Blueberries generally aren't blue. I'd put it with purple. Decaisnea fargesii is very bright blue, though, and I hear it's sweet. Green can be kiwi, grape, or pear jelly, and black cherry jelly for indigo, if any of those exist. Mmm, all of those in zap apple jam...
    Blargh slaves crystals crystals blargh zimmerwald1915. Internets: 3
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Fedora View Post
    Dirtytabs, Dirtytabs
    Friendly Ponythread Dirtytabs
    To her friends she's a gem
    She makes lovely art for them
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    I don't always save pony images, but when I do, they're usually DirtyTabs.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    +100 Exp for Dirtytabs.

4. - Top - End - #1114
    Bugbear in the Playground

Fun fact: There are (basically) no blue foods. Here's one hypothesis for why that might be

...Still looping Giddy Up. Ingram's gonna head-desk if this end up being the standout song from the premiere
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

5. - Top - End - #1115
    Titan in the Playground

I'm not sure Zap Apples and their jam even include indigo.
    Spoiler
    Show

Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue and Purple only. Which is one less to worry about, yes?

6. - Top - End - #1116
    Ettin in the Playground

My Little Pony, is it the only fantasy settings to have African Culture (Zecora), along with Elderscrolls (Redguards are more of an arab than black!) and Diablo 3 (Witch Doctor). We could put in Rich Burlew's New World (Source) as one of them.
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

7. - Top - End - #1117

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    I'm not sure Zap Apples and their jam even include indigo.
    Spoiler
    Show

Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue and Purple only. Which is one less to worry about, yes?
    To be fair, Indigo is a Tertiary color that only made it onto the rainbow in the first place because Isaac Newton was convinced the number seven was lucky

Quote Originally Posted by t209 View Post
    My Little Pony, is it the only fantasy settings to have African Culture (Zecora), along with Elderscrolls (Redguards are more of an arab than black!) and Diablo 3 (Witch Doctor). We could put in Rich Burlew's New World (Source) as one of them.
    There's plenty of works that portray Africans and their culture, the problem is finding one that isn't also kinda racist. Pre-colonial african history hasn't exactly permeated western culture the way European, Chinese, and even Middle Eastern history has.
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

8. - Top - End - #1118
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    Paul "Pudding" Pierce Passively Pondered the Possibility of Positively Prodigious Piles of Perfect Pretty Pink Prancing Party Ponies in Pairs of Pajamas Politely Pilfering Plates of Pralined Pecan Pie Pieces.

..that is all
    i was wrong... I can't stop "P"ing...someone help me!

Petite but Powerful Polish Polo Player Paul "Pudding" Pierce Passively Pondered the Possibility of Positively Prodigious Piles of Perfect Pretty Pink, Purple, and Puce Prancing Party Ponies in Pairs of Pajamas Politely Pilfering Plates of Pralined Pecan Pieces Perhaps while Preparing to Pugilisticly and Painfully Punish Penzancian Pirates Plundering and Pillaging Pittsburgh Pennsylvania Produce Purveyors Providing Peach, Pear, Pineapple, and Peyote Pastries to Penurious but Prideful Poor People for Plaid Pussycat Plushies, Plastic Pinkie Pie toys, Packages of Pinecones,or Paltry Pouches of Pennies, Pesos, or Pakistani rupees.
    Last edited by otakuryoga; 2012-11-16 at 09:54 PM.
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

9. - Top - End - #1119
    Ettin in the Playground

Petite but Powerful Polish Polo Player Paul "Pudding" Pierce Passively Pondered the Possibility of Positively Prodigious Piles of Perfect Pretty Pink, Purple, and Puce Prancing Party Ponies in Pairs of Pajamas Politely Pilfering Plates of Pralined Pecan Pieces Perhaps while Preparing to Pugilisticly and Painfully Punish Penzancian Pirates Plundering and Pillaging Pittsburgh Pennsylvania Produce Purveyors Providing Peach, Pear, Pineapple, and Peyote Pastries to Penurious but Prideful Poor People for Plaid Pussycat Plushies, Plastic Pinkie Pie toys, Packages of Pinecones,or Paltry Pouches of Pennies, Pesos, or Pakistani rupees.
    Perfection.

10. - Top - End - #1120
    Titan in the Playground

Peyote pastries are illegal prohibited. We're going to have to place them in prison pending possibility of parole.
    Last edited by Anarion; 2012-11-16 at 10:59 PM.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

11. - Top - End - #1121
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Peyote pastries are illegal. We're going to have to place them in prison pending possibility of parole.
    I think you can replace them with "on the Prohibition list".
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Apple Jack's parents

12. - Top - End - #1122
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    S3:

Spoiler
    Show
    You mean, like in a A Friend in Deed?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Um...yeah....

Well, not exactly. She spent the majority of that episode pestering Doodle. Here, she appears to be going out and having an adventure, a real adventure. Now, granted, it's only that short clip, the rest of the episode is probably her and her and her and her and her going nuts. Still though.

13. - Top - End - #1123
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    Perfection.
    not yet....

Perched Perilously atop, Perchance, a Peruvian Plataeu amid Posies, Petunias, Pampas and Phlox, Powerful Peregrines and Peculiar Platypii Passing by; Petite but Powerful Polish Polo Player Paul "Pudding" Pierce Passively Pondered the Possibility of Positively Prodigious Piles of Perfect Pretty Pink, Purple, and Puce Prancing Puking Party Ponies in Pairs of Pajamas Politely Pilfering Plates of Pralined Pecan Pieces,Platters of Pasta, and Parboiled Peanuts Perhaps while Preparing to Pugilisticly and Painfully Punish Penzancian Pirates Plundering, Pillaging and Poisoning Popular Pittsburgh Pennsylvania Produce Purveyors Providing Peach, Pear, Pineapple, and Prohibited Peyote Pastries to Penurious, Prideful and Peckish Poor People for Plaid Pussycat Plushies, Plastic Pinkie Pie toys, Packages of Pinecones,or Paltry Pouches of Pennies, Pesos, or Pakistani rupees.

which puts me at 88 i think(i dont think i can push it to 100)--anyone wanna count up the P words for me..i am a little crosseyed atm
    --no duplicate P words(i dont think)
    --only one non P word in a row
    --yes it rambles on(and on and on and on), but it does actually make sense(of a sort)

--I think I am going to save this and enter it into the Bulwer-Lytton contest

how did this get started?
    i was trying to think what might beat Gak Gak Gak as next thread title and came up with
    Positively Prodigious Piles of Pretty Pink Party Ponies

then i thought..hmmm someone will try to add a few more p words on there, so i will beat them to it....and i just couldnt stop..............

but i think i am done..i hope i am done..i, dare i say it, Pray that i am done.
    ..its like i was being Punished by some Phantasamal muse...........
    Arrggh, im sorry, please stop Pelting me with Pebbles and Pilfered Pipes
    Last edited by otakuryoga; 2012-11-17 at 12:10 AM.
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

full size avatar

14. - Top - End - #1124
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm actually concerned that show Twilight is becoming increasingly social and close to her friends due to Character Growth - and that's going to blur some perceptions in people's heads.

I don't think anything needs to be cut, but I do think your next move has to be a good one. I think three chapters to fully set the scene and premise is about right but something needs to happen in the next one. Some... acceleration. The results of the ritual, perhaps, could be an extremely debilitating long-term illness or the beginning of Twilight's mental degeneration rather than just 'wake up fine with a lecture from the Princess'.
    More responses to responses!
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm becoming increasingly convinced that this story needs some sort of tag at the start, indicating that this is not ShowTwilight as we see her. As this idea was conceived pre-S2, the whole bit in the Royal Wedding where she outright says, "I had no friends other than my brother" will likely throw some people off. Combined with the point you brought up, I'm going to need to think through the intro/description paragraph VERY carefully.

Good point/feedback. I had been planning on drawing out the suspense a little more, making the effects a little harder to spot, but you know what? *cracks knuckles* Forget that noise. This story is a tragedy, and it's high time we show it.

Giddy up Giddy up up.........

Why can't I stop!?!?!?!

I dread when the remix hits.

BTW, like the lyrics version or the chorus only version?
    I should hate this. The irritating, chipmunk-esque voice, the nonsense-sounding lyrics, the odd inflection, the random rap-like segment in the middle, all logic dictates that I should despise this song with every fiber of my being.

SO WHY IS IT STILL ON REPEAT.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-11-17 at 12:09 AM.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

15. - Top - End - #1125
    Barbarian in the Playground

I think you can replace them with "on the Prohibition list".
    Phooey. People prefer peyote pastries.

Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    To be fair, Indigo is a Tertiary color that only made it onto the rainbow in the first place because Isaac Newton was convinced the number seven was lucky
    And because there're seven notes in the musical scale. He had five, then added orange and indigo to make the number fit. I'd like the initialism to be ROYGCBV instead, since the blues are such a long band on the spectrum.
    Blargh slaves crystals crystals blargh zimmerwald1915. Internets: 3
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Fedora View Post
    Dirtytabs, Dirtytabs
    Friendly Ponythread Dirtytabs
    To her friends she's a gem
    She makes lovely art for them
    I don't always save pony images, but when I do, they're usually DirtyTabs.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    +100 Exp for Dirtytabs.

16. - Top - End - #1126
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    An observation of pony pairs... not that kind.

It seems like the series has been wanting to play sets of ponies off of each other. Rarity and AJ are the hard-working ones that manage to get in trouble by getting too much work and half-truths, but they both of very different views on social etiquette. Twilight and Pinkie make the "Dexter's Lab" pair where you have the bookish genius confounded by a bright but almost alien intellect.

Then why Fluttershy and Dash? They don't seem similar enough for their differences to have much weight. I theorize that trying to answer this has lead to the path of least resistance for the community: Shipping.
    I challenge your original assertion! Really we haven't got that much Twilight and Pinkie stuff. Not in comparison to the FlutterDash and Rarity and AJ stuff.

not yet....

Perched Perilously atop, Perchance, a Peruvian Plataeu amid Posies, Petunias, Pampas and Phlox, Powerful Peregrines and Peculiar Platypii Passing by; Petite but Powerful Polish Polo Player Paul "Pudding" Pierce Passively Pondered the Possibility of Positively Prodigious Piles of Perfect Pretty Pink, Purple, and Puce Prancing Puking Party Ponies in Pairs of Pajamas Politely Pilfering Plates of Pralined Pecan Pieces,Platters of Pasta, and Parboiled Peanuts Perhaps while Preparing to Pugilisticly and Painfully Punish Penzancian Pirates Plundering, Pillaging and Poisoning Popular Pittsburgh Pennsylvania Produce Purveyors Providing Peach, Pear, Pineapple, and Prohibited Peyote Pastries to Penurious, Prideful and Peckish Poor People for Plaid Pussycat Plushies, Plastic Pinkie Pie toys, Packages of Pinecones,or Paltry Pouches of Pennies, Pesos, or Pakistani rupees.

which puts me at 88 i think(i dont think i can push it to 100)--anyone wanna count up the P words for me..i am a little crosseyed atm
    --no duplicate P words(i dont think)
    --only one non P word in a row
    --yes it rambles on(and on and on and on), but it does actually make sense(of a sort)

--I think I am going to save this and enter it into the Bulwer-Lytton contest

how did this get started?
    i was trying to think what might beat Gak Gak Gak as next thread title and came up with
    Positively Prodigious Piles of Pretty Pink Party Ponies

then i thought..hmmm someone will try to add a few more p words on there, so i will beat them to it....and i just couldnt stop..............

but i think i am done..i hope i am done..i, dare i say it, Pray that i am done.
    ..its like i was being Punished by some Phantasamal muse...........
    Arrggh, im sorry, please stop Pelting me with Pebbles and Pilfered Pipes
    I can't believe you haven't used Pegasus yet.
    Last edited by Forum Explorer; 2012-11-17 at 12:25 AM.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

17. - Top - End - #1127
    Firbolg in the Playground

...Still looping Giddy Up. Ingram's gonna head-desk if this end up being the standout song from the premiere
    *headdesk* Why did you mention that song? I'd finally gotten it out of my head!

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    I should hate this. The irritating, chipmunk-esque voice, the nonsense-sounding lyrics, the odd inflection, the random rap-like segment in the middle, all logic dictates that I should despise this song with every fiber of my being.

SO WHY IS IT STILL ON REPEAT.
    Pony masochist?

Sentence using pegasus

Pretty pink party pony pulls pranks per prismatic pegasus mandate.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

18. - Top - End - #1128

green - ???
    That would be lime.
    (Un?)official ponythread element of airships.

19. - Top - End - #1129
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kd7sov View Post
    Harpsy, I believe.
    No, that's Lyra silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
    Does Battlestar Galactica count?

And having the Crystal Heart on her butt probably didn't hurt.
    Sssshhhh!

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Oh dear frag, she is so queen of the trolls.

No. No, I am officially elevating her to God-Empress of the Trolls.

I still don't think that's really high enough, but it's a start...
    A human Pegasus unicorn, with a huge bust tattooed on her hip. Could work.

Also apparently not putting a space between a and huge ends up with shugenja. Which it then goes on to tell me is not a word.

TAAAAARAAAAAA

An observation of pony pairs... not that kind.

It seems like the series has been wanting to play sets of ponies off of each other. *Rarity and AJ are the hard-working ones that manage to get in trouble by getting too much work and half-truths, but they both of very different views on social etiquette. *Twilight and Pinkie make the "Dexter's Lab" pair where you have the bookish genius confounded by a bright but almost alien intellect.

Then why Fluttershy and Dash? They don't seem similar enough for their differences to have much weight. *I theorize that trying to answer this has lead to the path of least resistance for the community: Shipping.
    One, I somewhat look askance on the idea that shipping two ponies is the lowbrow, can't think I anything else solution.

Two, they are both defined by their insecurities, but one is an extrovert who starves without constant affection while always wondering if it's real or if they all worship the graven image she has carved of herself through lies an daring, and the other worries constantly that all it will take is a slip or a misstep and her friends will stop caring, as she is caught forever in a gilded cage of quiet and demurity.

Giddy up Giddy up up.........

Why can't I stop!?!?!?!

I dread when the remix hits.

BTW, like the lyrics version or the chorus only version?
    What is this and suddenly my humming?

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    I realized this morning that Saturday now means new pony. *And I am excited.
    I'm getting there!

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    Ahhh, thank you.

EDIT: In comic related news, there will now be a 6 issue mini-series of spin-off comics, each one focusing on one of the mane 6, with Twilight up first. (link contains plot synopsis spoilers for the first issue, and also issue #4 of the main series)
    "Plot synopsis, huh? Well, it's well-rounded. I mean, it's solid all around, the kinda tail you can sink your teeth into."

"You mean 'tale', right? Because they mean the story."

"Whhhyyyy yeeees. Story."

"..."

"What did yooou think I meant?"

Indigo made no appearance on either color wheel.

This throws me for a loop though. I thought that RYB was for pigment and RGB was for light? This gives me the impression that common wisdom on the subject isn't an equal and separate set of parameters, it's just wrong.

There's plenty of works that portray Africans and their culture, the problem is finding one that isn't also kinda racist. Pre-colonial african history hasn't exactly permeated western culture the way European, Chinese, and even Middle Eastern history has.
    Heck, pony fandom was one of them. How many cannibalism because Africa and Watermelon because hurr hurr did we get early on?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtytabs View Post
    Phooey. People prefer peyote pastries.
    Nah, you need an enzyme inhibitor for that to work.

And because there're seven notes in the musical scale. He had five, then added orange and indigo to make the number fit. I'd like the initialism to be ROYGCBV instead, since the blues are such a long band on the spectrum.
    I was under the impression it wasn't lucky or whatnot, but a belief in the divine nature of numerology. They went with seven because it was holier.

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    Pony masochist?
    *ears perk*

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtronaut View Post
    That would be lime.
    Lime? Eww. Terrible jelly. No, you'd want either some sort of mint, or possibly candied jalapeño (remarkably sweet!).

Oh! Or ripe coffee berries, to give the apples their zap!

-

In other, more goofy news: Commodore, what would you do if I told you where Gilda was hiding? Transport and covert feeding are expensive, and she keeps insisting she has "rights" and stuff and I can't keep her locked up.

20. - Top - End - #1130

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    I challenge your original assertion! Really we haven't got that much Twilight and Pinkie stuff. Not in comparison to the FlutterDash and Rarity and AJ stuff.
    If you mean shipping-wise, then yes, and that's kind of the point. Flutter and Dash don't seem to be personality and viewpoint-wise similar enough to play off each other well and it all goes down to friend and regular-ships.

If you mean in the series, Playing Twilight off Pinkie is pretty common... like... it starts at "it was under 'E'" to all of season two and continuing on.

edit- RYB is a holdout from back before things were really understood. It's mostly sticking around as a cultural artifact, kind of like how silly imperial measure is
    Last edited by MCerberus; 2012-11-17 at 01:32 AM.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

21. - Top - End - #1131

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Ahaahahahahahahahahahahaoh wait, you were serious.
    Did you ever see "Galactica: 1980"? That's a low bar.
    Blue Star Topaz is my name
    Equestria's my station
    The Elements define my creed
    The Herd's my destination

22. - Top - End - #1132
    Troll in the Playground

Wow, I was amazed today. 3 Bronies came forward in the D&D I'm a part of and were talking about it before the meeting started. Far braver than I. I just said I'm a dragon enthusiast cuz I'm not sure I'm cut out the be a part of this fanbase.
    There is no emotion more useless in life than hate.

23. - Top - End - #1133

What is this and suddenly my humming?
    Yeah, far catchier than it should be. Listened to it once and kinda hated it. Listened to it 5 times and it started to grow on me. Listened to it... let me check... 47 times and I guess it's grown on me. A lot.

Seriously, they even name check Monkey Island!

Indigo made no appearance on either color wheel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    The names for the twelve quaternary colors are more variable, if they exist at all, though indigo and scarlet are standard for blue–violet and red–vermilion.
    Oh, sorry, it's NOT EVEN a tertiary color. My point being that Newton included it for superstitious reasons either way.

Heck, pony fandom was one of them. How many cannibalism because Africa and Watermelon because hurr hurr did we get early on?
    I'm sure plenty of bronies are also racists. I don't think that makes Zecora, as portrayed in show, a racist interpretation of African culture. She's got the 'foreign' thing going, but that's mostly because she rhymes everything. Beyond that (outside of her intro episode) I can't think of any time she's been portrayed as a negative influence, OR as magically solving everything in a swoop. She contributes to the solution more than once, but she's never solely responsible for fixing everything with foreign magic.

EDIT
    Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    Wow, I was amazed today. 3 Bronies came forward in the D&D I'm a part of and were talking about it before the meeting started. Far braver than I. I just said I'm a dragon enthusiast cuz I'm not sure I'm cut out the be a part of this fanbase.
    With the number of times you've posted here, and if you've watched the show, I'd say that having three real-life bronies come out around you is an absolutely GOLDEN opportunity. Broach the topic! Make conversation! Might not be 100% comfortable but it's a phenomenal chance to make some new friends.
    Last edited by Eakin; 2012-11-17 at 01:51 AM.

24. - Top - End - #1134
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

O DEAR GAWD WHY CAN'T I STOP???

I must try for 100+
    That is Madness!

I must....FOR SCIENCE!

Perched Perilously atop, Perchance, a Peruvian Plataeu amid Posies, Petunias, Pampas and Phlox, Powerful Peregrines and Peculiar Piebald Patterned Platypii Passing by; Poznan Polands Petite but Powerful Pioneering Poker and Pachinko Playing Polo Player Paul "Polish Pudding Pop" Pierce Passingly Pondered the Possibility of Positively Prodigious Piles of Perfect Pretty Pink, Purple, and Puce Prancing Puking Pegasus Party Ponies in Pairs of Pajamas Politely Pilfering Plates of Pralined Pecan Pieces,Platters of Pasta, and Parboiled Peanuts Perhaps while Preparing to Pugilisticly and Painfully Punish Pitiless, Penniless Penzancian Pirates Plundering, Pillaging and Poisoning Popular Pittsburgh Pennsylvania Produce Purveyors Providing Peach, Pear, Pineapple, and Prohibited Peyote Pastries to Penurious, Prideful, Pitiful, Pathetic and Peckish Poor People for Plaid Pussycat Plushies, Plastic Pinkie Pie toys, Packages of Pinecones,or Paltry Pouches of Pennies, Pesos, or Pakistani rupees. (103)

I

I did it...My Gawd!...It's packed with pulsars.

full size avatar

25. - Top - End - #1135
    Ettin in the Playground

Welcome aboard the Herd train, my Initiate. You can watch MLP Episode on youtube.
    Ironically, I initially watched MLP to mock it before I got hooked to it on September.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Apple Jack's parents

26. - Top - End - #1136
    Troll in the Playground

Welcome aboard the Herd train, my Initiate. You can watch MLP Episode on youtube.
    Ironically, I initially watched MLP to mock it before I got hooked to it on September.
    Still prevented from latching on to any fanbase. Such is the burden of my baggage :/.

27. - Top - End - #1137
    Banned

If you mean shipping-wise, then yes, and that's kind of the point. Flutter and Dash don't seem to be personality and viewpoint-wise similar enough to play off each other well and it all goes down to friend and regular-ships.
    There was the kiss scene, however accidental that woul he. And also all the heavily implied relationship stuff. But yeah, discounting that...

edit- RYB is a holdout from back before things were really understood. It's mostly sticking around as a cultural artifact, kind of like how silly imperial measure is
    But pigment does work via RYB, and not so much RGB. I've tried. many a fimo clay was lost that day. So I don't think it's solely an artefact. But I've Ben wrong before.

I'm sure plenty of bronies are also racists. I don't think that makes Zecora, as portrayed in show, a racist interpretation of African culture. She's got the 'foreign' thing going, but that's mostly because she rhymes everything. Beyond that (outside of her intro episode) I can't think of any time she's been portrayed as a negative influence, OR as magically solving everything in a swoop. She contributes to the solution more than once, but she's never solely responsible for fixing everything with foreign magic.
    I know. That's why I specified the fandom. I don't remember why, though.

With the number of times you've posted here, and if you've watched the show, I'd say that having three real-life bronies come out around you is an absolutely GOLDEN opportunity. Broach the topic! Make conversation! Might not be 100% comfortable but it's a phenomenal chance to make some new friends.
    This. Seriously. It reminds me of that pseudo-parable. "Why didn't you save me from the flood?" "I sent a man, a boat and a helicopter. Why didn't you accept my help?"

O DEAR GAWD WHY CAN'T I STOP???

I must try for 100+
    That is Madness!

I must....FOR SCIENCE!

Perched Perilously atop, Perchance, a Peruvian Plataeu amid Posies, Petunias, Pampas and Phlox, Powerful Peregrines and Peculiar Piebald Patterned Platypii Passing by; Poznan Polands Petite but Powerful Pioneering Poker and Pachinko Playing Polo Player Paul "Polish Pudding Pop" Pierce Passingly Pondered the Possibility of Positively Prodigious Piles of Perfect Pretty Pink, Purple, and Puce Prancing Puking Pegasus Party Ponies in Pairs of Pajamas Politely Pilfering Plates of Pralined Pecan Pieces,Platters of Pasta, and Parboiled Peanuts Perhaps while Preparing to Pugilisticly and Painfully Punish Pitiless, Penniless Penzancian Pirates Plundering, Pillaging and Poisoning Popular Pittsburgh Pennsylvania Produce Purveyors Providing Peach, Pear, Pineapple, and Prohibited Peyote Pastries to Penurious, Prideful, Pitiful, Pathetic and Peckish Poor People for Plaid Pussycat Plushies, Plastic Pinkie Pie toys, Packages of Pinecones,or Paltry Pouches of Pennies, Pesos, or Pakistani rupees. (103)

I

I did it...My Gawd!...It's packed with pulsars.
    I haven't actually read this. I can't. It tastes like pecans. Your writing tastes like pecans. Gods help me what have you done?!

No, he's been around for a while. He is just worried about the eventual ramifications of actually giving in and allowing himself to like the show. I think he just sticks aroun for the hugs and well-wishing at this point.

28. - Top - End - #1138

Still prevented from latching on to any fanbase. Such is the burden of my baggage :/.
    If you're latching onto a fandom, you're doing it wrong. If you like this particular TV show about technicolor ponies, then don't avoid talking to people about it because you're afraid they'll think of you as 'one of those fans.' If you aren't comfortable talking to all three at once pick one or two of them and approach them separately.

You can like ponies and not be a brony. Don't ever let fear of being associated with some of the more... exuberant... elements of the fandom stop you from saying that you like a thing.
    Last edited by Eakin; 2012-11-17 at 02:09 AM.

29. - Top - End - #1139
    Troll in the Playground

If you're latching onto a fandom, you're doing it wrong. If you like this particular TV show about technicolor ponies, then don't not talk people about it because you're afraid they'll think of you as 'one of those fans.' If you aren't comfortable talking to all three at once pick one or two of them and approach them separately.

You can like ponies and not be a brony. Don't ever let fear of being associated with some of the more... exuberant... elements of the fandom stop you from saying that you like a thing.
    Don't know whether it's fear or whatever. I've just never been able to form close associations with much of anything. Tried but maybe I'm going about it in the wrong way. Though I don't think I should be posting this here as it is not on topic and therefore probably wasting forum space.

30. - Top - End - #1140

But pigment does work via RYB, and not so much RGB. I've tried. many a fimo clay was lost that day. So I don't think it's solely an artefact. But I've Ben wrong before.
    But CYMK works even better than that!
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC