Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 1473
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Thanqol's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Canberra, Australia

    Default Re: My Little Pony LVI:S Has Left the Playground!

    Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Sometimes I wish the fandom wasn't so fixated on Fallout: Equestria. It's not the end all, be all fanfic. I feel sad that fics like Dangerous Business and Tales get swept under the carpet so quickly.

    Project Horizons is just beating a dead horse at this point.
    When I gave my review of FOE some time back, I said that the appeal of the story wasn't the quality of it's writing - it's that it provides, in my opinion, a completely new take on the end of the world. FOE is a new archetype and has implications far larger than just the story. It asks a bigger question than it alone can answer, which is why the fan content surrounding it is so prolific.

    From what I've heard of the side stories I have no interest in them whatsoever, though. I just understand why they're there.
    "Army of robots is such a loaded term.
    I prefer society of robots!"

  2. - Top - End - #92
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Grif's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008

    Default Re: My Little Pony LVI:S Has Left the Playground!

    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    When I gave my review of FOE some time back, I said that the appeal of the story wasn't the quality of it's writing - it's that it provides, in my opinion, a completely new take on the end of the world. FOE is a new archetype and has implications far larger than just the story. It asks a bigger question than it alone can answer, which is why the fan content surrounding it is so prolific.

    From what I've heard of the side stories I have no interest in them whatsoever, though. I just understand why they're there.
    I understand. I just wish the fans in general would actually also focus on other quality stories for a change. Not every fanfic discussion has to revolve around FO:E.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    We don't have enough pony to fill a subforum. We have enough friendship to fill a ponythread.
    Awesome Sliverpine ponytar by Dirtytabs.

    Placeholder for former avatars.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Excellent Ponytar thanks to Dirtytabs.

  3. - Top - End - #93
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Forum Explorer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: My Little Pony LVI:S Has Left the Playground!

    Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    I understand. I just wish the fans in general would actually also focus on other quality stories for a change. Not every fanfic discussion has to revolve around FO:E.
    Now that I blame on Fallout Project Horizons. A new chapter comes up, somepony mentions it and the cycle repeats.


    Wall-e ponified!
    Spoiler
    Show
    In order to understand recursion you must first understand recursion.


    Thanks to Elder Tsofu for my new Lancer Avatar

  4. - Top - End - #94
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Pendulous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Treno
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: My Little Pony LVI:S Has Left the Playground!

    Bwa, CR reviewed another episode

    http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/vid...-luna-eclipsed

    Yes, I'm behind.

  5. - Top - End - #95
    Troll in the Playground
     
    t209's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: My Little Pony LVI:S Has Left the Playground!

    Karl Franz (Warhammer) vs Celestia.
    Who's your favorite ruler? No Heretics for Karl Franz please.
    Note: I am not holding a fight since Celestia came from a children show, which means violent universe like Warhammer will beat the snot out of her easily.
    P.S- I wonder if Gryphon kingdom is like Holy Roman Empire (AKA emperor elected by noble families).
    Last edited by t209; 2012-11-06 at 10:41 PM.
    Pony Minecraft Avatar by Dirtytabs
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

  6. - Top - End - #96
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Pokonic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Malbolge
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: My Little Pony LVI:S Has Left the Playground!

    Quote Originally Posted by t209 View Post
    Karl Franz (Warhammer) vs Celestia.
    Who's your favorite ruler? No Heretics for Karl Franz please.
    Note: I am not holding a fight since Celestia came from a children show, which means violent universe like Warhammer will beat the snot out of her easily.
    P.S- I wonder if Gryphon kingdom is like Holy Roman Empire (AKA emperor elected by noble families).
    Well, by Warhammer rules, horses are pretty nice, Pegusi even more so. One with a +2 to charging thanks to a horn on the top of it's head and is a level 4 magic user with access to Light, Fire, and High magic could easily take down Franz.
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2012-11-06 at 10:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    Spoiler: Old avatars
    Show


  7. - Top - End - #97
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Grif's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008

    Default Re: My Little Pony LVI:S Has Left the Playground!

    Quote Originally Posted by t209 View Post
    P.S- I wonder if Gryphon kingdom is like Holy Roman Empire (AKA emperor elected by noble families).
    In which deja vu emerges.

    Equestria having a HRE-like model isn't implausible, given the wildly varying setting we have been shown thus far. A loose confederacy of pony nations would actually account for how segmented Equestria seems to be at times.

    (Except Celestia obviously isn't an elected emperor, or has been elected by acclaim for the past thousand years, which isn't as far-fetched as it sounds either. You wouldn't want to offend a sun (demi-)goddess after all.)
    Last edited by Grif; 2012-11-06 at 10:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    We don't have enough pony to fill a subforum. We have enough friendship to fill a ponythread.
    Awesome Sliverpine ponytar by Dirtytabs.

    Placeholder for former avatars.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Excellent Ponytar thanks to Dirtytabs.

  8. - Top - End - #98
    Troll in the Playground
     
    t209's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: My Little Pony LVI:S Has Left the Playground!

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    Well, by Warhammer rules, horses are pretty nice, Pegusi even more so. One with a +2 to charging thanks to a horn on the top of it's head and is a level 4 magic user with access to Light, Fire, and High magic could easily take down Franz.
    Wow! I never knew that there are pretty pretty sunshine show elements, compared to warhammer anyway, that can defeat blood blood grimdark franchise of warhammer.
    MLP Version of Karl Franz anyone? Maybe a griffon due to his mount and germanic culture of Warhammer.
    Last edited by t209; 2012-11-06 at 11:15 PM.
    Pony Minecraft Avatar by Dirtytabs
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

  9. - Top - End - #99
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Pendulous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Treno
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: My Little Pony LVI:S Has Left the Playground!

    This made me chuckle. We were talking about Magic earlier. Go to Discussion, top rated comment.

    http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Ca...iverseid=12358

    (it's pony-related)


    Also, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QePEWG1pcxo Willy Anderson interview

    Spoiler
    Show
    Weird Al is a fan of the show, and wants to do a voice
    Mando did some mandolin for season 3
    William Anderson likes pop/punk music (among others but I care more about that)
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2012-11-06 at 11:41 PM.

  10. - Top - End - #100
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Forum Explorer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: My Little Pony LVI:S Has Left the Playground!

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    Well, by Warhammer rules, horses are pretty nice, Pegusi even more so. One with a +2 to charging thanks to a horn on the top of it's head and is a level 4 magic user with access to Light, Fire, and High magic could easily take down Franz.
    I don't think Celestia would have High Magic. Necessarily anyways. Anyways Light and Fire should be enough.

    Of course if it gets to melee Celestia is boned.


    As far as rulers go that is tougher. Celestia has ruled peacefully for a thousand years and has pretty much acted as the protector of her entire nation by herself. (Which is my fanon explanation on why the guard is useless. Any actual threat is handled by Celestia. Anything she can't handle is handled by the Elements of Harmony.)

    On the other hand Franz managed to unite a shattered and bickering Empire through mostly peaceful means. Now he's held strong in face of multiple invasions from multiple different races. In a very real way his strong leadership is what's allowed the Empire to hold through these disasters. While he's a powerful combatant in his own right, he's also an amazing general.
    In order to understand recursion you must first understand recursion.


    Thanks to Elder Tsofu for my new Lancer Avatar

  11. - Top - End - #101
    Troll in the Playground
     
    MCerberus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    St. Louis
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: My Little Pony LVI:S Has Left the Playground!

    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    And when the Changling invasion began, our Princess Celestia was right there on the front lines fighting back!

    paid for by the committee of "Hey, guess which woobie missed the whole thing?" committee.
    Pony Election

    Spoiler
    Show
    "HOW DARE THOU?
    When we were roused from our slumber, we immediate ran to the aid of the troops. Meanwhile, our dear sister was failing miserably.

    And what say you of Mrs. Cradenza?
    She has not the stomach required for politics.
    We have still not received request for an honor duel from pointing out she is a trollop!"


    Also I so much want Weird Al to be the husband of Screwball and run the tanks part of Pranks and Tanks
    Last edited by MCerberus; 2012-11-06 at 11:47 PM.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show


    Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

    Ask blogs: Screwball and Derpy | Gummy

  12. - Top - End - #102
    Troll in the Playground
     
    BlasTech's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: My Little Pony LVI:S Has Left the Playground!

    Re, the pony elections.

    I know which party I'll back

    Spoiler
    Show

  13. - Top - End - #103
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Forum Explorer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: My Little Pony LVI:S Has Left the Playground!

    Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Pony Election

    Spoiler
    Show
    "HOW DARE THOU?
    When we were roused from our slumber, we immediate ran to the aid of the troops. Meanwhile, our dear sister was failing miserably.

    And what say you of Mrs. Cradenza?
    She has not the stomach required for politics.
    We have still not received request for an honor duel from pointing out she is a trollop!"


    Also I so much want Weird Al to be the husband of Screwball and run the tanks part of Pranks and Tanks
    Pony Election

    Spoiler
    Show
    A duel in this day and age? This only furthers my point that we need a modern leader who is willing to treat everypony with love and harmony.

    I am also promise to abolish the old practice of betting large amounts of property and sales rights on competitions. The foals of future generations will never have to worry that their inheritance would be gambled away on a race or hoof-wrestle.
    In order to understand recursion you must first understand recursion.


    Thanks to Elder Tsofu for my new Lancer Avatar

  14. - Top - End - #104
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Pendulous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Treno
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: My Little Pony LVI:S Has Left the Playground!

    Ok, so here's a thought. Early on, Pinkie says she knows everyone's name in Ponyville. We find this to definitely be true.

    However, later on, we see each of the Mane 6 calling a lot of background characters by name, and never seeming to not know someone. That's fine. Other than Twilight, it makes sense, given they've lived there a long time. Even Twilight could have learned everyone's name.

    But then, we see situations where it seems like they don't know everyone. In Hurricane Fluttershy, we see a ton of characters treating Fluttershy like crap. Now, given the community nature of the town, one would assume they know her and know how she is. So either a LOT of people in Ponyville are jerks, or the show has given a wrong feeling about the town. This doesn't even go into the fact they should be the most well-known ponies in Equestria after taking out Discord. So everyone SHOULD know them, but even still, they should know at least everyone in Ponyville.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2012-11-07 at 12:02 AM.

  15. - Top - End - #105
    Troll in the Playground
     
    t209's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: My Little Pony LVI:S Has Left the Playground!

    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Pony Election

    Spoiler
    Show
    A duel in this day and age? This only furthers my point that we need a modern leader who is willing to treat everypony with love and harmony.

    I am also promise to abolish the old practice of betting large amounts of property and sales rights on competitions. The foals of future generations will never have to worry that their inheritance would be gambled away on a race or hoof-wrestle.
    Time for
    Spoiler
    Show
    EPIC RAP BATTLE Debate.
    Pony Minecraft Avatar by Dirtytabs
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

  16. - Top - End - #106
    Troll in the Playground
     
    MCerberus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    St. Louis
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: My Little Pony LVI:S Has Left the Playground!

    Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    Re, the pony elections.

    I know which party I'll back

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by t209 View Post
    Time for
    Spoiler
    Show
    EPIC RAP BATTLE Debate.
    Pony Election


    Spoiler
    Show
    See how our sister wishes to reduce the cultural heritage of Equestria! What shall be next we ask. We think it would be safe to say our dear sister does not support accountability for one's apprentices.

    And a battle of rhymes would be out of the question. Our ill melodies would cause serious injury to the posterior of our dear sister.

    We have no concerns over this war-criminal candidate.
    Last edited by MCerberus; 2012-11-07 at 12:12 AM.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show


    Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

    Ask blogs: Screwball and Derpy | Gummy

  17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Kindablue's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: My Little Pony LVI:S Has Left the Playground!

    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Also, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QePEWG1pcxo Willy Anderson interview

    Spoiler
    Show
    Weird Al is a fan of the show, and wants to do a voice
    I can't watch it right now, but man. That's awesome. Did he first find out about the show because of that "pony polka" video? I remember we used to joke that if he was ever on the show he'd be Twist's dad, but just about anything would be great.

    (Also, I can't see either of your other links. They're both missing a bit in the middle for some reason.)
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

  18. - Top - End - #108
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Eakin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007

    Default Re: My Little Pony LVI:S Has Left the Playground!

    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Ok, so here's a thought. Early on, Pinkie says she knows everyone's name in Ponyville. We find this to definitely be true.

    However, later on, we see each of the Mane 6 calling a lot of background characters by name, and never seeming to not know someone. That's fine. Other than Twilight, it makes sense, given they've lived there a long time. Even Twilight could have learned everyone's name.

    But then, we see situations where it seems like they don't know everyone. In Hurricane Fluttershy, we see a ton of characters treating Fluttershy like crap. Now, given the community nature of the town, one would assume they know her and know how she is. So either a LOT of people in Ponyville are jerks, or the show has given a wrong feeling about the town. This doesn't even go into the fact they should be the most well-known ponies in Equestria after taking out Discord. So everyone SHOULD know them, but even still, they should know at least everyone in Ponyville.
    Well, Fluttershy does live out on the edge of the Everfree away from the town proper. And maybe ponies have heard how she's supposed to be one of the six legendary heroes who saved their world twice over.

    Then this supposedly omnipotent hero pulls a wing power reading of 0.5, and you expect them not to be surprised? I'm not saying they aren't jerks for laughing, but expecting them to be silent and respectful because of Fluttershy's past accomplishments isn't realistic either.

    On another note, I wrote a story starring an OC as the protagonist, if not the hero. Then I killed her off at the end of the story. Now I want her back. How huge of an asspull would it be to retcon away her death (with a quasi-plausible explanation. I'm not a monster) so I could use her again?
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

    Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

  19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Outside

    Default Re: My Little Pony LVI:S Has Left the Playground!

    Depends how she died. Depends on the ass-pull. Need more info.

    EDIT - Siuis, your art request has done baking. See inside.
    Spoiler
    Show

    This rather got away from me and may not entirely resemble the original request.
    I blame you entirely, of course Siuis.
    Anyone else asks? Remember that this is all Siuis's fault.


    I'm secretly rather pleased with it, even with the countless issues. However I also instinctively kind of want to apologise to everypony depicted and/or involved.
    Last edited by Tiki Snakes; 2012-11-07 at 12:57 AM.

  20. - Top - End - #110
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Soras Teva Gee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: My Little Pony LVI:S Has Left the Playground!

    There was a pony election? Well:

    Spoiler
    Show


    This amuses the reigning autocrat of the principality

  21. - Top - End - #111
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location

    Default Re: My Little Pony LVI:S Has Left the Playground!

    Quote Originally Posted by thubby View Post
    so moonstuck apparently ended. what am i going to fill my time with now? >.>
    Slice of Life, of course.

  22. - Top - End - #112
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Pendulous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Treno
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: My Little Pony LVI:S Has Left the Playground!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    I can't watch it right now, but man. That's awesome. Did he first find out about the show because of that "pony polka" video? I remember we used to joke that if he was ever on the show he'd be Twist's dad, but just about anything would be great.

    (Also, I can't see either of your other links. They're both missing a bit in the middle for some reason.)
    Link seems to work fine for me, so I don't know. But no, all he said was he's a fan of the show and that he wants to do a voice. William ANderson seems pretty disconnected from the fandom. At least, more so than others, so it's not a surprise he doesn't know how Weird Al got into it. I just assume they were talking one day, and Willy was like "hey, Al, you should check out this show I work on. Probably enjoy it, and there's tons of adult fans of it" Of course, there's more to getting on the show than that, but given his status, it ought to be a no-brainer for Hasbro.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2012-11-07 at 01:00 AM.

  23. - Top - End - #113
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Eakin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007

    Default Re: My Little Pony LVI:S Has Left the Playground!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    Depends how she died. Depends on the ass-pull. Need more info.
    Spoilers for The Pony Who Wasn't Special coming up.

    Spoiler
    Show
    blew herself up to take out the pony that had brainwashed and tormented her, as well as to avoid what basically amounted to a lobotomy because she's a danger to ponies around her through no fault of her own.

    Potential ass pull would basically amount to "should have checked the body better" as she wakes up in the morgue clinging to life and recovers from there.
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

    Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

  24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Outside

    Default Re: My Little Pony LVI:S Has Left the Playground!

    Very minor Donkey-haulage.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Especially if being blown up and left at death's door is allowed to have consequences for a while.

    Especially if being left for dead becomes some kind of running theme for the character?

  25. - Top - End - #115
    Troll in the Playground
     
    MCerberus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    St. Louis
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: My Little Pony LVI:S Has Left the Playground!

    Pony Election
    Spoiler
    Show
    PNN is now ready to call the race for best princess for...

    Rarity.
    In a victory speech, best princess Rarity gave credit to the blackmail-fueled sudden marriage to Blueblood. This speech was given atop a 20 foot tall pile of jewelry.


    In other news, the marriage between Best Princess Rarity and Prince Blueblood was annulled tonight. When reached for comment, the princess only stated, "Not even in his dreams, darling."
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show


    Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

    Ask blogs: Screwball and Derpy | Gummy

  26. - Top - End - #116
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Grif's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008

    Default Re: My Little Pony LVI:S Has Left the Playground!

    Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    Spoilers for The Pony Who Wasn't Special coming up.

    Spoiler
    Show
    blew herself up to take out the pony that had brainwashed and tormented her, as well as to avoid what basically amounted to a lobotomy because she's a danger to ponies around her through no fault of her own.

    Potential ass pull would basically amount to "should have checked the body better" as she wakes up in the morgue clinging to life and recovers from there.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I would say it falls under the asspull category, but it really depends on how interesting her character was to begin with. Though recovering frm an explosion is a mite hard to retcon well.

    Might as well go with the brain in the jar route, Evil Con Carne style.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    We don't have enough pony to fill a subforum. We have enough friendship to fill a ponythread.
    Awesome Sliverpine ponytar by Dirtytabs.

    Placeholder for former avatars.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Excellent Ponytar thanks to Dirtytabs.

  27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Anarion's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Washington DC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: My Little Pony LVI:S Has Left the Playground!

    Quote Originally Posted by thubby View Post
    so moonstuck apparently ended. what am i going to fill my time with now? >.>
    Marathon ponies until Season 3 premieres?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    Well, Fluttershy does live out on the edge of the Everfree away from the town proper. And maybe ponies have heard how she's supposed to be one of the six legendary heroes who saved their world twice over.

    Then this supposedly omnipotent hero pulls a wing power reading of 0.5, and you expect them not to be surprised? I'm not saying they aren't jerks for laughing, but expecting them to be silent and respectful because of Fluttershy's past accomplishments isn't realistic either.
    I think Fluttershy is known, but she keeps to herself and most ponies don't really know her. Think about, say, the last class you had, probably with 20-80 people in it depending on the type of class. Of those people, how many do you know really well, and how many would you assume can perform within a general range of competency under pressure even though you don't actually know them that well?

    Then compare that to how Fluttershy actually performs (and the fact that most of the crazy was in her head, as I doubt the eyes thing really happened) and the reaction of the citizens is more understandable.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post

    EDIT - Siuis, your art request has done baking. See inside.
    Spoiler
    Show

    This rather got away from me and may not entirely resemble the original request.
    I blame you entirely, of course Siuis.
    Anyone else asks? Remember that this is all Siuis's fault.


    I'm secretly rather pleased with it, even with the countless issues. However I also instinctively kind of want to apologise to everypony depicted and/or involved.
    If that's what SiuiS' fault looks like, I think more things should be SiuiS' fault.
    Lawyer Pony by DirtyTabs

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    Dulce Et Decorum Est Pro Anarion Mori?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    You just highlandered an entire city block into a glass-filled storm by road-runnering down it in your underwear.

  28. - Top - End - #118
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Aotrs Commander's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Derby, UK and Bleak Despair battlestation. Species: Spirit-Bound Skeletal Lich (Lawful Evil)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: My Little Pony LVI:S Has Left the Playground!

    Quote Originally Posted by t209 View Post
    Note: I am not holding a fight since Celestia came from a children show, which means violent universe like Warhammer will beat the snot out of her easily.
    Given that a) ponies have canonical superpowers, b) she has ruled a country for over a thousand years, potentially requiring her to deal with all sorts of issues and c) depends on your interpretation of Celestia as a goddess or not, that is an entirely unsubstantiated statement. Especially as we're dealing with a Warhammer human, i.e. 100% baseline with no special physical powers aside from potentially any from magic items.

    On top of that, it would imply that no character from a children's show could beat Karl Franz, which is sort of laughable when you consider that encompasses, say, Megatron, Anakin Skywalker, Avatar Aang, the Justice League, Ben Tennyson... Any and all of whom would not have significant difficultly dealing with a non-superpowered human, even a fairly competant one with magic items. Warhammer World, while I have much more time for it than 40K (largely because 1st edition WFRP has an excellent series of adventure modules), is a low-powered game world at the best of times. Karl Franz is not, by any stretch of the imagination, the Emprah. Hell, even Sigmar wasn't.

  29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    OracleofWuffing's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008

    Default Re: My Little Pony LVI:S Has Left the Playground!

    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    I think Fluttershy is known, but she keeps to herself and most ponies don't really know her. Think about, say, the last class you had,
    That'd be Art History Thesis II.

    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    probably with 20-80 people in it depending on the type of class. Of those people, how many do you know really well, and how many would you assume can perform within a general range of competency under pressure even though you don't actually know them that well?
    I was the only student.

    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

  30. - Top - End - #120
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Forum Explorer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: My Little Pony LVI:S Has Left the Playground!

    Quote Originally Posted by OracleofWuffing View Post
    That'd be Art History Thesis II.


    I was the only student.

    Congrats for making me laugh.


    Have a picture about pony education
    Spoiler
    Show
    In order to understand recursion you must first understand recursion.


    Thanks to Elder Tsofu for my new Lancer Avatar

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •