New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony LVI:S Has Left the Playground!

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Sometimes I wish the fandom wasn't so fixated on Fallout: Equestria. It's not the end all, be all fanfic. I feel sad that fics like Dangerous Business and Tales get swept under the carpet so quickly.

Project Horizons is just beating a dead horse at this point.
    When I gave my review of FOE some time back, I said that the appeal of the story wasn't the quality of it's writing - it's that it provides, in my opinion, a completely new take on the end of the world. FOE is a new archetype and has implications far larger than just the story. It asks a bigger question than it alone can answer, which is why the fan content surrounding it is so prolific.

From what I've heard of the side stories I have no interest in them whatsoever, though. I just understand why they're there.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    When I gave my review of FOE some time back, I said that the appeal of the story wasn't the quality of it's writing - it's that it provides, in my opinion, a completely new take on the end of the world. FOE is a new archetype and has implications far larger than just the story. It asks a bigger question than it alone can answer, which is why the fan content surrounding it is so prolific.

From what I've heard of the side stories I have no interest in them whatsoever, though. I just understand why they're there.
    I understand. I just wish the fans in general would actually also focus on other quality stories for a change. Not every fanfic discussion has to revolve around FO:E.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    I understand. I just wish the fans in general would actually also focus on other quality stories for a change. Not every fanfic discussion has to revolve around FO:E.
    Now that I blame on Fallout Project Horizons. A new chapter comes up, somepony mentions it and the cycle repeats.

Wall-e ponified!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

Bwa, CR reviewed another episode

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/vid...-luna-eclipsed

Yes, I'm behind.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ettin in the Playground

Karl Franz (Warhammer) vs Celestia.
    Who's your favorite ruler? No Heretics for Karl Franz please.
    Note: I am not holding a fight since Celestia came from a children show, which means violent universe like Warhammer will beat the snot out of her easily.
    P.S- I wonder if Gryphon kingdom is like Holy Roman Empire (AKA emperor elected by noble families).
    Last edited by t209; 2012-11-06 at 10:41 PM.
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

6. - Top - End - #96
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by t209 View Post
    Karl Franz (Warhammer) vs Celestia.
    Who's your favorite ruler? No Heretics for Karl Franz please.
    Note: I am not holding a fight since Celestia came from a children show, which means violent universe like Warhammer will beat the snot out of her easily.
    P.S- I wonder if Gryphon kingdom is like Holy Roman Empire (AKA emperor elected by noble families).
    Well, by Warhammer rules, horses are pretty nice, Pegusi even more so. One with a +2 to charging thanks to a horn on the top of it's head and is a level 4 magic user with access to Light, Fire, and High magic could easily take down Franz.
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2012-11-06 at 10:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ettin in the Playground

In which deja vu emerges.

Equestria having a HRE-like model isn't implausible, given the wildly varying setting we have been shown thus far. A loose confederacy of pony nations would actually account for how segmented Equestria seems to be at times.

(Except Celestia obviously isn't an elected emperor, or has been elected by acclaim for the past thousand years, which isn't as far-fetched as it sounds either. You wouldn't want to offend a sun (demi-)goddess after all.)
    Last edited by Grif; 2012-11-06 at 10:48 PM.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    Well, by Warhammer rules, horses are pretty nice, Pegusi even more so. One with a +2 to charging thanks to a horn on the top of it's head and is a level 4 magic user with access to Light, Fire, and High magic could easily take down Franz.
    Wow! I never knew that there are pretty pretty sunshine show elements, compared to warhammer anyway, that can defeat blood blood grimdark franchise of warhammer.
    MLP Version of Karl Franz anyone? Maybe a griffon due to his mount and germanic culture of Warhammer.
    Last edited by t209; 2012-11-06 at 11:15 PM.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Apple Jack's parents

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

This made me chuckle. We were talking about Magic earlier. Go to Discussion, top rated comment.

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Ca...iverseid=12358

(it's pony-related)

Also, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QePEWG1pcxo Willy Anderson interview

Spoiler
    Show
    Weird Al is a fan of the show, and wants to do a voice
    Mando did some mandolin for season 3
    William Anderson likes pop/punk music (among others but I care more about that)
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2012-11-06 at 11:41 PM.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    I don't think Celestia would have High Magic. Necessarily anyways. Anyways Light and Fire should be enough.

Of course if it gets to melee Celestia is boned.

As far as rulers go that is tougher. Celestia has ruled peacefully for a thousand years and has pretty much acted as the protector of her entire nation by herself. (Which is my fanon explanation on why the guard is useless. Any actual threat is handled by Celestia. Anything she can't handle is handled by the Elements of Harmony.)

On the other hand Franz managed to unite a shattered and bickering Empire through mostly peaceful means. Now he's held strong in face of multiple invasions from multiple different races. In a very real way his strong leadership is what's allowed the Empire to hold through these disasters. While he's a powerful combatant in his own right, he's also an amazing general.
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

11. - Top - End - #101

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    And when the Changling invasion began, our Princess Celestia was right there on the front lines fighting back!

paid for by the committee of "Hey, guess which woobie missed the whole thing?" committee.
    Pony Election

Spoiler
    Show
    "HOW DARE THOU?
    When we were roused from our slumber, we immediate ran to the aid of the troops. Meanwhile, our dear sister was failing miserably.

And what say you of Mrs. Cradenza?
    She has not the stomach required for politics.
    We have still not received request for an honor duel from pointing out she is a trollop!"

Also I so much want Weird Al to be the husband of Screwball and run the tanks part of Pranks and Tanks
    Last edited by MCerberus; 2012-11-06 at 11:47 PM.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ettin in the Playground

Re, the pony elections.

I know which party I'll back

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Pony Election

Spoiler
    Show
    "HOW DARE THOU?
    When we were roused from our slumber, we immediate ran to the aid of the troops. Meanwhile, our dear sister was failing miserably.

And what say you of Mrs. Cradenza?
    She has not the stomach required for politics.
    We have still not received request for an honor duel from pointing out she is a trollop!"

Also I so much want Weird Al to be the husband of Screwball and run the tanks part of Pranks and Tanks
    Pony Election

Spoiler
    Show
    A duel in this day and age? This only furthers my point that we need a modern leader who is willing to treat everypony with love and harmony.

I am also promise to abolish the old practice of betting large amounts of property and sales rights on competitions. The foals of future generations will never have to worry that their inheritance would be gambled away on a race or hoof-wrestle.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

Ok, so here's a thought. Early on, Pinkie says she knows everyone's name in Ponyville. We find this to definitely be true.

However, later on, we see each of the Mane 6 calling a lot of background characters by name, and never seeming to not know someone. That's fine. Other than Twilight, it makes sense, given they've lived there a long time. Even Twilight could have learned everyone's name.

But then, we see situations where it seems like they don't know everyone. In Hurricane Fluttershy, we see a ton of characters treating Fluttershy like crap. Now, given the community nature of the town, one would assume they know her and know how she is. So either a LOT of people in Ponyville are jerks, or the show has given a wrong feeling about the town. This doesn't even go into the fact they should be the most well-known ponies in Equestria after taking out Discord. So everyone SHOULD know them, but even still, they should know at least everyone in Ponyville.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2012-11-07 at 12:02 AM.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Pony Election

Spoiler
    Show
    A duel in this day and age? This only furthers my point that we need a modern leader who is willing to treat everypony with love and harmony.

I am also promise to abolish the old practice of betting large amounts of property and sales rights on competitions. The foals of future generations will never have to worry that their inheritance would be gambled away on a race or hoof-wrestle.
    Time for
    Spoiler
    Show
    EPIC RAP BATTLE Debate.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Apple Jack's parents

16. - Top - End - #106

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    Re, the pony elections.

I know which party I'll back

Spoiler
    Show
    Time for
    Spoiler
    Show
    EPIC RAP BATTLE Debate.
    Pony Election

Spoiler
    Show
    See how our sister wishes to reduce the cultural heritage of Equestria! What shall be next we ask. We think it would be safe to say our dear sister does not support accountability for one's apprentices.

And a battle of rhymes would be out of the question. Our ill melodies would cause serious injury to the posterior of our dear sister.

We have no concerns over this war-criminal candidate.
    Last edited by MCerberus; 2012-11-07 at 12:12 AM.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Also, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QePEWG1pcxo Willy Anderson interview

Spoiler
    Show
    Weird Al is a fan of the show, and wants to do a voice
    I can't watch it right now, but man. That's awesome. Did he first find out about the show because of that "pony polka" video? I remember we used to joke that if he was ever on the show he'd be Twist's dad, but just about anything would be great.

(Also, I can't see either of your other links. They're both missing a bit in the middle for some reason.)
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Ok, so here's a thought. Early on, Pinkie says she knows everyone's name in Ponyville. We find this to definitely be true.

However, later on, we see each of the Mane 6 calling a lot of background characters by name, and never seeming to not know someone. That's fine. Other than Twilight, it makes sense, given they've lived there a long time. Even Twilight could have learned everyone's name.

But then, we see situations where it seems like they don't know everyone. In Hurricane Fluttershy, we see a ton of characters treating Fluttershy like crap. Now, given the community nature of the town, one would assume they know her and know how she is. So either a LOT of people in Ponyville are jerks, or the show has given a wrong feeling about the town. This doesn't even go into the fact they should be the most well-known ponies in Equestria after taking out Discord. So everyone SHOULD know them, but even still, they should know at least everyone in Ponyville.
    Well, Fluttershy does live out on the edge of the Everfree away from the town proper. And maybe ponies have heard how she's supposed to be one of the six legendary heroes who saved their world twice over.

Then this supposedly omnipotent hero pulls a wing power reading of 0.5, and you expect them not to be surprised? I'm not saying they aren't jerks for laughing, but expecting them to be silent and respectful because of Fluttershy's past accomplishments isn't realistic either.

On another note, I wrote a story starring an OC as the protagonist, if not the hero. Then I killed her off at the end of the story. Now I want her back. How huge of an asspull would it be to retcon away her death (with a quasi-plausible explanation. I'm not a monster) so I could use her again?
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground

Depends how she died. Depends on the ass-pull. Need more info.

EDIT - Siuis, your art request has done baking. See inside.
    Spoiler
    Show

This rather got away from me and may not entirely resemble the original request.
    I blame you entirely, of course Siuis.
    Anyone else asks? Remember that this is all Siuis's fault.

I'm secretly rather pleased with it, even with the countless issues. However I also instinctively kind of want to apologise to everypony depicted and/or involved.
    Last edited by Tiki Snakes; 2012-11-07 at 12:57 AM.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground

There was a pony election? Well:

Spoiler
    Show

This amuses the reigning autocrat of the principality

21. - Top - End - #111
    Barbarian in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by thubby View Post
    so moonstuck apparently ended. what am i going to fill my time with now? >.>
    Slice of Life, of course.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    I can't watch it right now, but man. That's awesome. Did he first find out about the show because of that "pony polka" video? I remember we used to joke that if he was ever on the show he'd be Twist's dad, but just about anything would be great.

(Also, I can't see either of your other links. They're both missing a bit in the middle for some reason.)
    Link seems to work fine for me, so I don't know. But no, all he said was he's a fan of the show and that he wants to do a voice. William ANderson seems pretty disconnected from the fandom. At least, more so than others, so it's not a surprise he doesn't know how Weird Al got into it. I just assume they were talking one day, and Willy was like "hey, Al, you should check out this show I work on. Probably enjoy it, and there's tons of adult fans of it" Of course, there's more to getting on the show than that, but given his status, it ought to be a no-brainer for Hasbro.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2012-11-07 at 01:00 AM.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    Depends how she died. Depends on the ass-pull. Need more info.
    Spoilers for The Pony Who Wasn't Special coming up.

Spoiler
    Show
    blew herself up to take out the pony that had brainwashed and tormented her, as well as to avoid what basically amounted to a lobotomy because she's a danger to ponies around her through no fault of her own.

Potential ass pull would basically amount to "should have checked the body better" as she wakes up in the morgue clinging to life and recovers from there.
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

Very minor Donkey-haulage.
    Spoiler
    Show

Especially if being blown up and left at death's door is allowed to have consequences for a while.

Especially if being left for dead becomes some kind of running theme for the character?

25. - Top - End - #115

Pony Election
    Spoiler
    Show
    PNN is now ready to call the race for best princess for...

Rarity.
    In a victory speech, best princess Rarity gave credit to the blackmail-fueled sudden marriage to Blueblood. This speech was given atop a 20 foot tall pile of jewelry.

In other news, the marriage between Best Princess Rarity and Prince Blueblood was annulled tonight. When reached for comment, the princess only stated, "Not even in his dreams, darling."
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    Spoilers for The Pony Who Wasn't Special coming up.

Spoiler
    Show
    blew herself up to take out the pony that had brainwashed and tormented her, as well as to avoid what basically amounted to a lobotomy because she's a danger to ponies around her through no fault of her own.

Potential ass pull would basically amount to "should have checked the body better" as she wakes up in the morgue clinging to life and recovers from there.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I would say it falls under the asspull category, but it really depends on how interesting her character was to begin with. Though recovering frm an explosion is a mite hard to retcon well.

Might as well go with the brain in the jar route, Evil Con Carne style.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by thubby View Post
    so moonstuck apparently ended. what am i going to fill my time with now? >.>
    Marathon ponies until Season 3 premieres?

Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    Well, Fluttershy does live out on the edge of the Everfree away from the town proper. And maybe ponies have heard how she's supposed to be one of the six legendary heroes who saved their world twice over.

Then this supposedly omnipotent hero pulls a wing power reading of 0.5, and you expect them not to be surprised? I'm not saying they aren't jerks for laughing, but expecting them to be silent and respectful because of Fluttershy's past accomplishments isn't realistic either.
    I think Fluttershy is known, but she keeps to herself and most ponies don't really know her. Think about, say, the last class you had, probably with 20-80 people in it depending on the type of class. Of those people, how many do you know really well, and how many would you assume can perform within a general range of competency under pressure even though you don't actually know them that well?

Then compare that to how Fluttershy actually performs (and the fact that most of the crazy was in her head, as I doubt the eyes thing really happened) and the reaction of the citizens is more understandable.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post

EDIT - Siuis, your art request has done baking. See inside.
    Spoiler
    Show

This rather got away from me and may not entirely resemble the original request.
    I blame you entirely, of course Siuis.
    Anyone else asks? Remember that this is all Siuis's fault.

I'm secretly rather pleased with it, even with the countless issues. However I also instinctively kind of want to apologise to everypony depicted and/or involved.
    If that's what SiuiS' fault looks like, I think more things should be SiuiS' fault.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

28. - Top - End - #118
    Titan in the Playground

Given that a) ponies have canonical superpowers, b) she has ruled a country for over a thousand years, potentially requiring her to deal with all sorts of issues and c) depends on your interpretation of Celestia as a goddess or not, that is an entirely unsubstantiated statement. Especially as we're dealing with a Warhammer human, i.e. 100% baseline with no special physical powers aside from potentially any from magic items.

On top of that, it would imply that no character from a children's show could beat Karl Franz, which is sort of laughable when you consider that encompasses, say, Megatron, Anakin Skywalker, Avatar Aang, the Justice League, Ben Tennyson... Any and all of whom would not have significant difficultly dealing with a non-superpowered human, even a fairly competant one with magic items. Warhammer World, while I have much more time for it than 40K (largely because 1st edition WFRP has an excellent series of adventure modules), is a low-powered game world at the best of times. Karl Franz is not, by any stretch of the imagination, the Emprah. Hell, even Sigmar wasn't.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    I think Fluttershy is known, but she keeps to herself and most ponies don't really know her. Think about, say, the last class you had,
    That'd be Art History Thesis II.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    probably with 20-80 people in it depending on the type of class. Of those people, how many do you know really well, and how many would you assume can perform within a general range of competency under pressure even though you don't actually know them that well?
    I was the only student.

"Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OracleofWuffing View Post
    That'd be Art History Thesis II.

I was the only student.

Congrats for making me laugh.

Have a picture about pony education
    Spoiler
    Show
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show