New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Banned

Default Re: Grimoire of the Rift (IC)

Quote Originally Posted by Lexin View Post
    Lucas

"Nothing wrong with them... they just don't really fit to everything else... like Fey Forest on the moon..."
    He says deep in thoughts, not noticing for a short while, who is he talking to...
    "Oh, nice to meet you by the way, I am Lucas."
    "I'm Lee. Why don't you think they fit? We have maids. Maids are considered attractive to certain people. We have cake and tea. People like cake and tea. Put two and two together...."
    Last edited by Morithias; 2012-11-13 at 02:57 PM.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Bugbear in the Playground

Alright, if there's going to be a surprise it'll probably be now. With Leila gone, any traitor or assassin won't get a better chance. God, please let Lucas come up here for some reason. I could use help if there's a trap.

Danil climbs up and takes a seat just a few places away from the princess's box, and keeps a close eye on it as the Leila-Zach spar starts up.
    Prince Fraternal of Pudding, Snuzzlepal, Feezy Squeez Lover, MP, Member of The Most Noble And Ancient Order Of St. George, King of Gae Parabolae.

Lego Ergo Sum

"Everyone's cute if you just look at them the right way"~Rebekah Patton Durham, Princess of Pudding.

"If they have stats, we can kill them... I'd like to point out that we also have stats..." ~ PhoenixGuard09.

Warhammer 40K: Where the faction that is a cross between the Inquisition and Space Nazis are the good guys.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Zman View Post
    "You know me, couldn't have lived with myself otherwise."

Seeing her anger and not wanting to lose his partially finished meal, "Hey, did you really have to piss herhim off like that?"

Zachary chuckles to himself about his joke.
    Eventually a young boy comes up to you. "Sir Smith, I have been told to report to you, that you should return to the arena to get ready for your spar with Lady Leila." He bows trying to show respect.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Lucas

"Uh huh. I see that The Big Fight is coming! Okay, I need to find a place in the audience, so I don't miss the moment when Leila wipes the floor with you.
    ... Man, I would really like to have a camera here..."

He says to Zachary when he hears the news... and yes, he is making fun of him...

To Lee "Well, in our world it's like a place from our time sent few hundreds years into the past... now sorry, but my friend has a fight and I wouldn't like to miss it, so I guess we will continue this conversation another time..." He says and turns to walk away, but stops after few steps to add "Could you tell Mori about the fight? He wouldn't like to miss it."

After saying all of this he walks towards arena and tries to find a free place to sit and notices Danil.
    "Hello m'lord, wanna share comments on the big fight with an old friend?" He asks with a wide smile on his face.

“No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.”
    ― Steven Brust

“Plan. Yes. Good idea. I should come up with a plan.”
    ― Steven Brust, Dzur

5. - Top - End - #275

"Lord be praised! I was hoping you'd come up!" (whispers) "I'm afraid someone will try to assassinate the princess while Leila's sparring with Zach, so be ready to act fast if something does happen. Can you do anything with your awesome brain to help in battle?"
    Prince Fraternal of Pudding, Snuzzlepal, Feezy Squeez Lover, MP, Member of The Most Noble And Ancient Order Of St. George, King of Gae Parabolae.

Lego Ergo Sum

"Everyone's cute if you just look at them the right way"~Rebekah Patton Durham, Princess of Pudding.

"If they have stats, we can kill them... I'd like to point out that we also have stats..." ~ PhoenixGuard09.

Warhammer 40K: Where the faction that is a cross between the Inquisition and Space Nazis are the good guys.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by ReaderAt2046 View Post
    "Lord be praised! I was hoping you'd come up!" (whispers) "I'm afraid someone will try to assassinate the princess while Leila's sparring with Zach, so be ready to act fast if something does happen. Can you do anything with your awesome brain to help in battle?"
    Lucas

"Umm... Don't you think you are acting just a little bit paranoid?
    ... That and, you know, in every setting the rulers are quite high level NPC, usually with PC classes... In other words, if her guards couldn't do anything, we would be too weak too..."
    He says, first in reassuring voice, later matter-of-factly.

“No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.”
    ― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

7. - Top - End - #277

Quote Originally Posted by Lexin View Post
    Lucas

"Umm... Don't you think you are acting just a little bit paranoid?
    ... That and, you know, in every setting the rulers are quite high level NPC, usually with PC classes... In other words, if her guards couldn't do anything, we would be too weak too..."
    He says, first in reassuring voice, later matter-of-factly.
    "It's clear that at least some of my fellow nobles are backstabbing snakes, some of them hinted at things during brunch, I have no memory, and the princess's best bodyguard is missing. This seems like a textbook time for Improved Paranoia. Plus, I've got nothing better to do. And we're the heroes, so saving the day is our job."

Lego Ergo Sum

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by ReaderAt2046 View Post
    "It's clear that at least some of my fellow nobles are backstabbing snakes, some of them hinted at things during brunch, I have no memory, and the princess's best bodyguard is missing. This seems like a textbook time for Improved Paranoia. Plus, I've got nothing better to do. And we're the heroes, so saving the day is our job."
    Lucas

"Ahh, we are heroes now. I see. Okay then. Just tell me when the assassination- saving part starts and I will unleash all my power upon the ones who dare to interrupt my chance to see a girl... sorry a lady, handing Zachary his own ass..." He answers with only a slightest hint of irony... but tells Loiosh to observe the Princess just in case...

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

9. - Top - End - #279
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morithias View Post
    "It's fine." she says coldly, soundly slightly hurt. You are right about one thing, this girl does not hide her emotions well.

Well this isn't good. Okay John damage control time.

Mana listen, I know I've been acting strange lately and I know you want an explinatition but just trust me for now and I'll explain everything when we get hack to the guild. It just not something I want to discuss in such a crowded place.

There. That should buy me a few hours to come up with a reason. And if I can't then hell I'll tell her the truth Insane Asylums can't be that bad can they?

10. - Top - End - #280
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tantaburs View Post
    Well this isn't good. Okay John damage control time.

Mana listen, I know I've been acting strange lately and I know you want an explinatition but just trust me for now and I'll explain everything when we get hack to the guild. It just not something I want to discuss in such a crowded place.

There. That should buy me a few hours to come up with a reason. And if I can't then hell I'll tell her the truth Insane Asylums can't be that bad can they?
    "Alright, I'll give you another chance." She grabs your arm in a romantic manner, so fast you're surprised she didn't get emotional whiplash. "You better be honest though...I don't like liars."

11. - Top - End - #281
    Firbolg in the Playground

Zachary acknowledges and dismisses the page as nobly as possible, looking to Lucas, he say, "Thanks...I don't think I wished to be beaten by a girl..."

Sir Zachary Smith stand sup, bids his new acquaintances goodbye and makes his way to the arena...

12. - Top - End - #282
    Banned

Zachary acknowledges and dismisses the page as nobly as possible, looking to Lucas, he say, "Thanks...I don't think I wished to be beaten by a girl..."

Sir Zachary Smith stand sup, bids his new acquaintances goodbye and makes his way to the arena...
    Most of the fights have already passed. You're given some basic reminders of the rules.

(All damage is non-lethal, you take a -4 to your attacks due to attempting to do non-lethal damage).

Leila stands on the other side of the arena, the crowd cheers and the stadium is fairly packed. Out of the correct of your eyes you see signs made with illusion magic supporting your both.

Leila readies her defensive pose.

"Do your worst" She taunts you.

You get to go first.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Alright, I'll give you another chance." She grabs your arm in a romantic manner, so fast you're surprised she didn't get emotional whiplash. "You better be honest though...I don't like liars."
    Mana trust me there is nothing I would like more to do then tell you the truth. It looks like the main event is starting.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Orc in the Playground

Rupert

He entered the cafe, seemed a nice place, he went directly to the bar.

"Bartender, please something strong..."
    Last edited by Blue Lantern; 2012-11-13 at 05:24 PM.
    After years of disintoxication I'm back in the D&D tunnel

"I don’t understand God. I don’t understand how He could see the way people treat one another, and not chalk up the whole human race as a bad idea. I guess He’s just bigger about it than I would be."
    Jim Butcher-Dresden Files, book 3

15. - Top - End - #285
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tantaburs View Post
    Mana trust me there is nothing I would like more to do then tell you the truth. It looks like the main event is starting.
    "This is going to be a long fight. Leila is able to take a ton of damage, and she's slow to injure her opponents. It's what makes her such a good bodyguard, she can block off a doorway and no one can break through her...except for Aisha obviously."

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Lantern View Post
    Rupert

He entered the cafe, seemed a nice place, he went directly to the bar.

"Bartender, please something strong..."
    He gives you what looks like a cheap ale, but judging from the smell, "Strong" is the proper word to describe it.
    Last edited by Morithias; 2012-11-13 at 05:36 PM.

16. - Top - End - #286

Zachary studies his opponent before the match begins, his eyes glowing a faint silver....

When the match is sounded Zachary crosses his arms defensivy and mutters in Draconic weaving arcane protections around himself... His silvered Greatsword is held at the ready...

Let's hope I didn't show her all my tricks yesterday....err...

Spoiler
    Show

As we are waiting I'm detecting magic on her... How is she equipped?

Cast Shield

How far apart are we?

17. - Top - End - #287
    Banned

Zachary studies his opponent before the match begins, his eyes glowing a faint silver....

When the match is sounded Zachary crosses his arms defensivy and mutters in Draconic weaving arcane protections around himself... His silvered Greatsword is held at the ready...

Let's hope I didn't show her all my tricks yesterday....err...

Spoiler
    Show

As we are waiting I'm detecting magic on her... How is she equipped?

Cast Shield

How far apart are we?

You are 60 feet apart. Her armor, and shield are magical in nature.

She uses the total defense action and studies you in return, your turn.

Edit: Round 1 is passed.
    Last edited by Morithias; 2012-11-13 at 08:12 PM.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Orc in the Playground

He gives you what looks like a cheap ale, but judging from the smell, "Strong" is the proper word to describe it.
    Rupert

He smelled the liquor cautiously then he took a sip...
    "COUGH COUGH... Holy dwarf in a barrel, that's something"
    He drank the remaining ale in a single long gulp, almost suffocating himself for the fire in his throat, then sprawled himself in a chair, yes he was making a scene, but at the moment it didn't mattered too muck.

Spoiler
    Show
    Not sure if I need to roll against the alcool but when in doubt.(1d20+4)[23]
    Last edited by Blue Lantern; 2012-11-13 at 06:01 PM.
    After years of disintoxication I'm back in the D&D tunnel

"I don’t understand God. I don’t understand how He could see the way people treat one another, and not chalk up the whole human race as a bad idea. I guess He’s just bigger about it than I would be."
    Jim Butcher-Dresden Files, book 3

19. - Top - End - #289
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Lantern View Post
    Rupert

He smelled the liquor cautiously then he took a sip...
    "COUGH COUGH... Holy dwarf in a barrel, that's something"
    He drank the remaining ale in a single long gulp, almost suffocating himself for the fire in his throat, then sprawled himself in a chair, yes he was making a scene, but at the moment it didn't mattered too muck.

Spoiler
    Show
    Not sure if I need to roll against the alcool but when in doubt.[roll0]
    You pass your save.

The bartender laughs. "Skullwhomper ale is the strongest stuff there is, it was invented by a dragon. So that should tell you about it's kick right there. It's free ale though, the dragon just gives the stuff away, apparently he invents stuff for fun."

20. - Top - End - #290

Zachary eyes the bulwark of a girl and looks to penetrate her defenses, he moves in slowly at first, then it clicks... And Zachary charges bringing his mighty Greatsword to bear with all his might, infuses with his innate arcane strength...but not against her, against her long sword...

It's not magical and I've got a two handed weapon... Here goes nothing!

Spoiler
    Show

I take an AoO. I have AC22(20 on the Charge)

Charging Sunder(d20+13)[29] vs her CMD(10+BAB+StrMod+DexMod(Limited by armor))
    Damage(2d6+10)[16] vs Longsword (Hardness 10, HP 5)

Edit: Barring anything crazy, that should win the fight, or at least make it easier!

Last edited by Zman; 2012-11-13 at 08:13 PM.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Banned

Zachary eyes the bulwark of a girl and looks to penetrate her defenses, he moves in slowly at first, then it clicks... And Zachary charges bringing his mighty Greatsword to bear with all his might, infuses with his innate arcane strength...but not against her, against her long sword...

It's not magical and I've got a two handed weapon... Here goes nothing!

Spoiler
    Show

I take an AoO. I have AC22(20 on the Charge)

Charging Sunder(1d20+3)[18] vs her CMD(10+BAB+StrMod+DexMod(Limited by armor))
    Damage(1d3+2)[3] vs Longsword (Hardness 10, HP 5)

You shatter her sword. She looks at you shocked. "Well that's painful, but I don't need the sword to beat you!"

She gets into a fighting defensive pose and attempts to punch you. Due to her using gauntlet she is considered armed so no AOO.

(1d20+3)[18]
    (1d3+2)[3]

Edit: I forgot the -4 for fighting defensively. That should be 14 not 18

Round 2 has passed.
    Last edited by Morithias; 2012-11-13 at 08:17 PM.

22. - Top - End - #292

"We didn't practice that!"

Zach takes the opportunity to press the attack...

Spoiler
    Show

Arcane Power Attack(d20+3)[13]
    Damage(2d6+10)[12]

Poor girl, needs a 20 to hit me when she is fighting defensively.

And a miss at minimum damage....this could take a while. Good thing I have 28 rounds of shield left!
    Last edited by Zman; 2012-11-13 at 09:14 PM.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Banned

"We didn't practice that!"

Zach takes the opportunity to press the attack...

Spoiler
    Show

Arcane Power Attack(1d20)[5]
    Damage[roll1]

Poor girl, needs a 20 to hit me when she is fighting defensively.

And a miss at minimum damage....this could take a while. Good thing I have 28 rounds of shield left!
    Her Ac is 33. You need a natural 20 too.

(10 (base) + 9 (full plate) + 5 (tower shield) + 5 (combat expertise) + 2 (defensive) + 1 (dodge) +1 (Study opponent))

She attempts to punch you again

(1d20)[5]

Round 3 has passed.
    Last edited by Morithias; 2012-11-13 at 09:15 PM.

24. - Top - End - #294

Zachary keeps fighting, trying to penetrate the bulwark of an opponent... But again, her defenses are too strong..

Spoiler
    Show

Attack(d20)[8]
    Damage(2d6+10)[16]

Can we just roll multiple rounds at once?
    Last edited by Zman; 2012-11-13 at 09:30 PM.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Banned

Zachary keeps fighting, trying to penetrate the bulwark of an opponent... But again, her defenses are too strong..

Spoiler
    Show

Attack(1d20)[15]
    Damage[roll1]

Can we just roll multiple rounds at once?
    After this next round will we start to roll 3 rounds at a time.

(1d20)[15]

Her defensive style is slowly draining your energy.

Make two fortitude saves, both DC 15.

If you fail the first, you are fatigued until the end of the fight.

If you fail the second you take 1d6 non-lethal damage.

Edit: From now on her style no longer relies on you being hit.

Every round the second fortitude save (to resist 1d6 damage) increases by one.

Once you fail the fatigued roll, once 3 more rounds pass, start making a DC 15 rolls as exhaustion.

To drain you she doesn't even need to hit you. Just start rolling saves and try to take her down before you collapse.
    Last edited by Morithias; 2012-11-13 at 09:42 PM.

26. - Top - End - #296

Continuing the fight Zachary keeps swinging with all of his might... To no avail.

Spoiler
    Show

Fort Save(d20+8)[17]
    Fort Save(d20+8)[9]
    Nonlethal(d6)[5]

Arcane Power Attacks(3d20)[6][14][18](38)
    Damage(2d6+10)[2][1](13)

Last edited by Zman; 2012-11-13 at 09:44 PM.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Banned

(9d20)[14][6][5][13][15][16][4][10][8](91)

(9d3)[3][1][1][2][2][3][3][1][3](19)

Edit: no hits for the next 9 rounds.

Remember

Fort save DC 15 every round against fatigue until fails, 3 rounds after fails roll DC 15 for exhausted.

Every round she attacks you roll a fortitude save versus 1d6 non-lethal damage, the save goes up by 1 every round.
    Last edited by Morithias; 2012-11-13 at 09:46 PM.

28. - Top - End - #298

Seeing no possible way to defeat his enemy Zachary, angry, simply walks away, "No one shall earn a true victory today."

I won't give her the satisfaction...

29. - Top - End - #299
    Banned

Seeing no possible way to defeat his enemy Zachary, angry, simply walks away, "No one shall earn a true victory today."

I won't give her the satisfaction...
    "HEY!" Leila yells at you. "This isn't about you or me, it's about the princess!"

She turns towards the noble box, and sighs. "I'm going to be in so much trouble..."

You pass someone on the way out then she runs into the arena. It's a young woman who seems to be a monk. "Leila! I will face you!"

The crowd looks shocked.

The two of them then proceed to take over for the fight.

You're met by your squire. "But...why sir?"

30. - Top - End - #300

"I had no chance of victory. And her vile sapping magics would have been my ruin. So I chose not to fight and did not lose."