New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Banned

Default Re: Grimoire of the Rift (IC)

Quote Originally Posted by Zman View Post
    "I had no chance of victory. And her vile sapping magics would have been my ruin. So I chose not to fight and did not lose."
    The squire nods. "I pray you do not regret your choice." He follows you and helps you get out of your armour and so on. After match-post stuff.

After the matches are over the Princess takes the um...amplify sound spell, and makes a speech, eventually given the rosewood crown as a symbol that she is now the heir.

The arena starts to empty, and the Princess sits back down again with Leila back at her side.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Firbolg in the Playground

Trying to hold in his frustration, "I would have regretted staying and being cheated far more."

3. - Top - End - #303
    Bugbear in the Playground

Danil scooches over and addresses Leila.

"That was a wonderful match to watch. I see now why you were picked to be the princess's guard. What better defender than the warrior who can simply stand in an asssassin's way until their own attacks wear them out?"
    Prince Fraternal of Pudding, Snuzzlepal, Feezy Squeez Lover, MP, Member of The Most Noble And Ancient Order Of St. George, King of Gae Parabolae.

Lego Ergo Sum

"Everyone's cute if you just look at them the right way"~Rebekah Patton Durham, Princess of Pudding.

"If they have stats, we can kill them... I'd like to point out that we also have stats..." ~ PhoenixGuard09.

Warhammer 40K: Where the faction that is a cross between the Inquisition and Space Nazis are the good guys.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ReaderAt2046 View Post
    Danil scooches over and addresses Leila.

"That was a wonderful match to watch. I see now why you were picked to be the princess's guard. What better defender than the warrior who can simply stand in an asssassin's way until their own attacks wear them out?"
    "Princess, may I speak?" Leila asks her.

Teru - "Speak"
    Leila - "Why did you have me fight him, I'm clearly far above his level, and the whole "Iron Wall" form doesn't make for good entertainment."
    Teru - "I wanted to see what he was going to do. I am debating about Takuga."
    Leila - "The undeveloped country?"
    Teru - "I am debating about building there, but I can't have Mouri or Shimazu build there, it needs to be a new noble house. I was testing him. How did you feel about fighting him?"
    Leila - "My armor is all dented, he clearly knows what he's doing, and the shattering of the sword was genius."
    Teru - "Leila?"
    Leila - "Yes?"
    Teru - "Summon Minax. I have a job for her."
    Leila - "Yes my lady."

5. - Top - End - #305

(Danil's Conciousness) I think we have our plot hook!
    (Whiny Thoughts) How come Zach gets a whole country! I thought I was supposed to be the noble! It's not fair!
    (Danil's Conciousness) Shush! Something will come up for me. Maybe the princess will split this new country between the six of us. That'd be good.
    Prince Fraternal of Pudding, Snuzzlepal, Feezy Squeez Lover, MP, Member of The Most Noble And Ancient Order Of St. George, King of Gae Parabolae.

Lego Ergo Sum

"Everyone's cute if you just look at them the right way"~Rebekah Patton Durham, Princess of Pudding.

"If they have stats, we can kill them... I'd like to point out that we also have stats..." ~ PhoenixGuard09.

Warhammer 40K: Where the faction that is a cross between the Inquisition and Space Nazis are the good guys.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Banned

(Danil's Conciousness) I think we have our plot hook!
    (Whiny Thoughts) How come Zach gets a whole country! I thought I was supposed to be the noble! It's not fair!
    (Danil's Conciousness) Shush! Something will come up for me. Maybe the princess will split this new country between the six of us. That'd be good.
    "Danil." - Teru suddenly speaks. "You are associated with many sorts of people correct?"

You look around and note it's only the three of you left.

7. - Top - End - #307

"Yes, I suppose so."

I hope that means what I think it means...

Lego Ergo Sum

8. - Top - End - #308
    Banned

"Yes, I suppose so."

I hope that means what I think it means...
    "Go find me a scholar, a merchant, a knight, a noble, and anyone else you think will be interested in the Takuga advancement. Send message when you have gathered your people, I will talk more with you then."

She gets up and leaves, Leila follows clearly confused, and down the hall you can hear the two of them talking, Leila clearly asking her what the hell is going on.

9. - Top - End - #309

Before she leaves.

"Milady, do I count as the noble or do I need to find a second one?"

Lego Ergo Sum

10. - Top - End - #310
    Banned

Before she leaves.

"Milady, do I count as the noble or do I need to find a second one?"
    "If you feel you are up for the job, yes."

11. - Top - End - #311

"I will do my utmost to satisfy you, and believe I know just the group to fill out what you requested."

He quickly runs back to Lucas.

(whispering) "Lucas, we need to get the others together fast. The princess has literally asked me to find a group of adventurers exactly matching our roles and get them together. I think we'd better get everyone together at my house, and then I can share the princess's offer with everyone at once. Do you have any clue where Zach went after forfieting his match?"

Lego Ergo Sum

12. - Top - End - #312
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morithias View Post
    "This is going to be a long fight. Leila is able to take a ton of damage, and she's slow to injure her opponents. It's what makes her such a good bodyguard, she can block off a doorway and no one can break through her...except for Aisha obviously."
    After watching the fight John notes the dissappointment in the crowd and turns to Mana

Hmm... He shouldnt have left. He was always going to lose but the goal was to put on a good show. It wouldn't do to have the Royal Body guard lose either. It makes the princess look vulnerable at such an important date. What did you think Mana?

13. - Top - End - #313
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tantaburs View Post
    After watching the fight John notes the dissappointment in the crowd and turns to Mana

Hmm... He shouldnt have left. He was always going to lose but the goal was to put on a good show. It wouldn't do to have the Royal Body guard lose either. It makes the princess look vulnerable at such an important date. What did you think Mana?
    "That was too one sided. The Iron wall technique doesn't even need you to hit them. The fact she put him against such a powerful opponent means she has an alternative motive....the fact it was her bodyguard even more so. Also note there just HAPPENED to be someone there ready to take over."
    Last edited by Morithias; 2012-11-13 at 11:07 PM.

14. - Top - End - #314

Zach, fuming paces around the outskirts of the arena, still dressed in his armor...

15. - Top - End - #315
    Banned

Zach, fuming paces around the outskirts of the arena, still dressed in his armor...
    Katie walks up to you with a piece of cake on a plate.

"Um...sir...do...you...want...some...food?" She shyly asks.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Dwarf in the Playground

"That was too one sided. The Iron wall technique doesn't even need you to hit them. The fact she put him against such a powerful opponent means she has an alternative motive....the fact it was her bodyguard even more so. Also note there just HAPPENED to be someone there ready to take over."
    "Hmm... Interesting thought. I wonder what he was being tested for."

'I need to go talk to Dan he should have a better idea of what is going onbut how can I leave Mana without having her actually kill me. I've got it.'

"Now if you will excuse me Mana, I;ve got to go see a man about a horse"

John turns and walks away moving towards the nobles box.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tantaburs View Post
    "Hmm... Interesting thought. I wonder what he was being tested for."

'I need to go talk to Dan he should have a better idea of what is going onbut how can I leave Mana without having her actually kill me. I've got it.'

"Now if you will excuse me Mana, I;ve got to go see a man about a horse"

John turns and walks away moving towards the nobles box.
    "Alright, but be sure to be back by nightfall." She exits the arena and heads back to the guildhall.

18. - Top - End - #318

Katie walks up to you with a piece of cake on a plate.

"Um...sir...do...you...want...some...food?" She shyly asks.
    Zachary graciously takes the cake, "Thank you."

Even I dnd dreamland I eat when I'm depressed...

19. - Top - End - #319
    Banned

Zachary graciously takes the cake, "Thank you."

Even I dnd dreamland I eat when I'm depressed...
    "You...are....welcome..."

She waits for you to finish in silence.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

"I will do my utmost to satisfy you, and believe I know just the group to fill out what you requested."

He quickly runs back to Lucas.

(whispering) "Lucas, we need to get the others together fast. The princess has literally asked me to find a group of adventurers exactly matching our roles and get them together. I think we'd better get everyone together at my house, and then I can share the princess's offer with everyone at once. Do you have any clue where Zach went after forfieting his match?"
    Lucas

"Adventurer's party? Man... and here I thought I need to find my own quests...
    Zachary could be in one of three places... Arena, fixing dents in his armor ad pride... Eating something ... or in his room, in Knights Quarters, weeping in the corner of his room...
    he says with a smile, looking around.
    "Hmm... now that I think about it... Food... I know where he could be." He adds and leads the way to the place where the Maid Cafe had their stand, looking for Zachary both on the way and there.

“No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.”
    ― Steven Brust

“Plan. Yes. Good idea. I should come up with a plan.”
    ― Steven Brust, Dzur

21. - Top - End - #321
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lexin View Post
    Lucas

"Adventurer's party? Man... and here I thought I need to find my own quests...
    Zachary could be in one of three places... Arena, fixing dents in his armor ad pride... Eating something ... or in his room, in Knights Quarters, weeping in the corner of his room...
    he says with a smile, looking around.
    "Hmm... now that I think about it... Food... I know where he could be." He adds and leads the way to the place where the Maid Cafe had their stand, looking for Zachary both on the way and there.
    You find Patricia and Lee arguing there, with Kris watching looking like he's about to burst into laugher.

Kris - "Hey, want some last minute cake and chocolate before we pack up?" He says watching Lee and Patricia argue in Draconic.

If you can speak Draconic

Spoiler
    Show
    Patricia: I do not care how much gold it pays I am not working at the cafe!
    Lee: Look you're a girl now, you're going to have to accept that, besides the maids makes a ton of money.
    Patricia: Patricia is a scholar! A researcher! I work at the university!

22. - Top - End - #322

Zachary finishes his cake and makes his way back to the cafe.

23. - Top - End - #323

If you can speak Draconic

Spoiler
    Show
    Patricia: I do not care how much gold it pays I am not working at the cafe!
    Lee: Look you're a girl now, you're going to have to accept that, besides the maids makes a ton of money.
    Patricia: Patricia is a scholar! A researcher! I work at the university!
    Danil, also in Draconic

Spoiler
    Show
    I think I have a better idea. The princess has dropped a plot anchor with a lampshade on each end on me. I'm trying to round up the whole gang and take them back to my home so we can discuss strategy and the plot.

Then he spots Zach.

He runs over and whispers to him. "Hey, Z, the princess wanted to test you for something. I've been instructed to round up a group of adventurers for a secret quest. Once I've collected eveyone we can go to my home and discuss our group, the plot hooks, and other relevant things."
    Last edited by ReaderAt2046; 2012-11-14 at 06:57 AM.

Lego Ergo Sum

24. - Top - End - #324
    Banned

Danil, also in Draconic

Spoiler
    Show
    I think I have a better idea. The princess has dropped a plot anchor with a lampshade on each end on me. I'm trying to round up the whole gang and take them back to my home so we can discuss strategy and the plot.
    Lee - "Well I'm assuming this doesn't involve me. I'm going to go help Kris wrap up with the Cafe stuff." He leaves with Kris.

Patricia - "Dropped a plot anchor? And what exactly do you mean by that?"

25. - Top - End - #325

Lee - "Well I'm assuming this doesn't involve me. I'm going to go help Kris wrap up with the Cafe stuff." He leaves with Kris.

Patricia - "Dropped a plot anchor? And what exactly do you mean by that?"
    "Like a plot hook, but bigger and more obvious."

Lego Ergo Sum

26. - Top - End - #326
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Lucas

He listens for a while to the conversation in draconic and slowly... very slowly his neutral expression changed to a wide smile... and he starts to laugh uncontrollably for half a minute.

When he calms down a bit.
    Draconic
    Spoiler
    Show
    "...Mori *hahaha* ... a MAID! *ahahaHAha*...
    researcher in a MAID CAFE *hahahha* ...
    I am calm now...
    ... *hahahha* plot Anchor! *ha ha*..."

He calms down finally and with 100% serious expression says to Kris.
    "Yes, I would like some cake."

“No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.”
    ― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

27. - Top - End - #327
    Banned

Lucas

He listens for a while to the conversation in draconic and slowly... very slowly his neutral expression changed to a wide smile... and he starts to laugh uncontrollably for half a minute.

When he calms down a bit.
    Draconic
    Spoiler
    Show
    "...Mori *hahaha* ... a MAID! *ahahaHAha*...
    researcher in a MAID CAFE *hahahha* ...
    I am calm now...
    ... *hahahha* plot Anchor! *ha ha*..."

He calms down finally and with 100% serious expression says to Kris.
    "Yes, I would like some cake."
    Kris gives you your cake. Patricia looks positively pissed off, and storms off towards the university.

"Geeze, I think you guys overteased her. I was just talking to her about the money she could've made. Maids in the cafe are paid very well, even when they don't do that great of job, cause clumsy and nervous maids are MOE!" He says the last word with a large amount of ham.

Katie shows up again and says a small "Hi" before helping to pack.

28. - Top - End - #328
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Lucas

"I really tried to calm down there... Ehh, I think ... Patricia would forgive us... if not we will apologize... and bring a cake or something.
    Unless... Danil, do you need everyone right now?"
    He says to Kris, and turning to Danil near the end, while eating cake.

When he sees that Cafe Kitten is packing their stuff he asks
    "Oh, do you need help with this?"

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

29. - Top - End - #329

Lucas

"I really tried to calm down there... Ehh, I think ... Patricia would forgive us... if not we will apologize... and bring a cake or something.

"I just want us all to stick together. We still have three more members of our band to find, and I want to have the meeting as soon as possible. But following Mori is as good a way of looking for the... John! Praise the Lord! Listen, the princess has dropped a plot hook right in our laps and hung a lampshade on it with a cherry on top. I'm trying to get everyone together so we can go to my house and discuss strategy and I can explain what that truly atrocious metaphor meant."

Lego Ergo Sum

30. - Top - End - #330
    Banned

Lucas

"No we can handle it." Says Kris. "She might not look it, but Katie can lift a fair amount, and of course I'll be helping too. AH! Kiku!" Another maid runs up and starts to help him pack.

Kiku - "So sorry I'm late. We had some last minute customers!" The maid is a tall one, with what looks like purple hair, you think she might be some sort of crossbreed or shapeshifter. Her eyes have the look of a warrior however, and given what you know of Mori "Ninja Maids" are not outside of the possibility in this setting. She quickly starts helping to pack up with the grace and speed of a seasoned veteran.