New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Grimoire of the Rift (IC)

[OOC] Just a note that I'm not advancing the plot because I'm waiting for everyone else to get to lunch and the meeting with me. [/OOC]
    Prince Fraternal of Pudding, Snuzzlepal, Feezy Squeez Lover, MP, Member of The Most Noble And Ancient Order Of St. George, King of Gae Parabolae.

Lego Ergo Sum

"Everyone's cute if you just look at them the right way"~Rebekah Patton Durham, Princess of Pudding.

"If they have stats, we can kill them... I'd like to point out that we also have stats..." ~ PhoenixGuard09.

Warhammer 40K: Where the faction that is a cross between the Inquisition and Space Nazis are the good guys.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morithias View Post
    ~Tantaburs~

Mana leaves and goes to sleep. You rest for the night. Oddly enough she doesn't wake you the next morning.
    John wakes up knowing that he has slept in.

What time is it??. Well at least this should give me some time to figure out what I have to do today. Mana said we were running a shipping route from Oda to Hara I must have a log book or something of shipments coming in

John gets up and begins looking for a record of shipments coming in.

3. - Top - End - #393
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tantaburs View Post
    John wakes up knowing that he has slept in.

What time is it??. Well at least this should give me some time to figure out what I have to do today. Mana said we were running a shipping route from Oda to Hara I must have a log book or something of shipments coming in

John gets up and begins looking for a record of shipments coming in.
    You find no such logs. You find records indicating that the shipping company was in the plans. Including long lists of what is in demand and supply in all the areas of the country, not just Oda and Hara. There is strong evidence the company had long-term plans for total expansion around the kingdom. It appears that the main thing missing is a warehouse in Hara price listed at...50000 gp!!

4. - Top - End - #394
    Firbolg in the Playground

Zachary peruses the library for a while, looking for anything of note before moving on to lunch.

5. - Top - End - #395
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Zman View Post
    Zachary peruses the library for a while, looking for anything of note before moving on to lunch.
    The only thing of note that happens is "Patricia" shows up, then instantly turns around and leaves. You don't see hir after that.

6. - Top - End - #396
    Dwarf in the Playground

You find no such logs. You find records indicating that the shipping company was in the plans. Including long lists of what is in demand and supply in all the areas of the country, not just Oda and Hara. There is strong evidence the company had long-term plans for total expansion around the kingdom. It appears that the main thing missing is a warehouse in Hara price listed at...50000 gp!!
    John reads through the Records.

That's a big warehouse. So no shipping logs well i guess it is another day of winging it. Let go see if Mana is still amd at me

John gets dressed and heads downstairs.

7. - Top - End - #397
    Banned

John reads through the Records.

That's a big warehouse. So no shipping logs well i guess it is another day of winging it. Let go see if Mana is still amd at me

John gets dressed and heads downstairs.
    The guild is mostly empty. The few people left at doing paperwork or maintaining the store. Mana is nowhere to be scene, but asking around reveals she went to the wizard's school to buy scrolls.

8. - Top - End - #398
    Dwarf in the Playground

The guild is mostly empty. The few people left at doing paperwork or maintaining the store. Mana is nowhere to be scene, but asking around reveals she went to the wizard's school to buy scrolls.
    Hmm I wonder what she needed. I'll ask her when she gets back I'll just make some breakfast while I wait

John heads to the kitchen and prepares breakfast for himself.

9. - Top - End - #399
    Banned

Hmm I wonder what she needed. I'll ask her when she gets back I'll just make some breakfast while I wait

John heads to the kitchen and prepares breakfast for himself.
    Mana eventually returns, and sits outside of the guild talking to another girl they seem to be in serious discussion and are both clearly emotional.

10. - Top - End - #400
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

OOC: okay... so we should meet princess this afternoon, but will be informed about it by Danil around 6pm during our meeting... tell me if I am wrong, but isnt it evening already?
    Anyway, it is ooc knowledge so I cannot do anything about it... /OOC

Lucas

No information came till 12, so he assumed nothing urgent is happening right now.
    He tries to find out if the guid issues combat relatd missions to its members and checks where the young psions are learning how to use their abilities.

“No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.”
    ― Steven Brust

“Plan. Yes. Good idea. I should come up with a plan.”
    ― Steven Brust, Dzur

11. - Top - End - #401
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mana eventually returns, and sits outside of the guild talking to another girl they seem to be in serious discussion and are both clearly emotional.

John notices Mana in conversation outside the guild

I wonder what she is talking about. She seems worried but to be honest she has seemed worried since I met her. I won't interrupt her whatever they are talking about seems important.

John waits inside for Mana to finsih her conversation.

12. - Top - End - #402
    Banned

John notices Mana in conversation outside the guild

I wonder what she is talking about. She seems worried but to be honest she has seemed worried since I met her. I won't interrupt her whatever they are talking about seems important.

John waits inside for Mana to finsih her conversation.
    The two of them keep talking and switching from anger to laugher. They seem to be having a "Girl talk". Mana motions towards the guild, and the two of them seem to be comparing notes.

~Lucas~

The mercenary guild covers combat missions. Most of the psions are studying at the magical school.
    Last edited by Morithias; 2012-11-16 at 05:02 AM.

13. - Top - End - #403
    Dwarf in the Playground

The two of them keep talking and switching from anger to laugher. They seem to be having a "Girl talk". Mana motions towards the guild, and the two of them seem to be comparing notes.
    Okay this could take a while I should use this time to get a feel for the general layout of the Guild house.

John wanders the Guild house not searching for anything in particular but keeping his eye out for a library or study of some kind.

14. - Top - End - #404
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Lucas

'... no combat, huh? Peaceful for a bunch of people capable of burning this town to the ground with sheer force of will...'

He shrugs and walks to check the magical school. He spends there some time watching the classes. If someone asks, he answers that he would like to take an apprentice in nearest future and would like to ... learn how to teach well. He even takes some notes.

After spending around two hours there, he leaves saying that he will be back tomorrow and goes back to crafting till the group meeting at 6pm.

Spoiler
    Show

4h crafting
    In theory I can sell spells, at marvelous prices of 8 gp for 1st level or 50 gp for 2nd level. I don't think any of my 2nd level powers would be of any real use to anyone, but some of 1st level are used in crafting items.
    Do I get some money for this/ roll something/ don't sell any as there are a lot of other people doing this?

“No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.”
    ― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

15. - Top - End - #405
    Banned

Tantaburs.

Eventually Mana walks into the guild. "I need names, she says to you. I need the name of everyone who is going to the Takuga region. You said the Baron was making the group, do you have any idea of who he will pick?"

The other girl stands there with a cute smile....and fangs.

Lexin

You make 8 gp from selling a level 1 power. You make your crafting rounds, and the school is mostly just students, outside of two girls talking about how their boyfriends are acting weird.

16. - Top - End - #406
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Lucas

He looks a bit confused. He thought that there would be someone teaching students in the school.'... is it self study for everyone? Isn't it a tad bit dangerous to let them learn to throw fireballs on their own?' He thinks as he watches them.

To Loiosh "Is it normal?"
    Last edited by Lexin; 2012-11-16 at 06:07 AM.

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

17. - Top - End - #407
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lexin View Post
    Lucas

He looks a bit confused. He thought that there would be someone teaching students in the school.'... is it self study for everyone? Isn't it a tad bit dangerous to let them learn to throw fireballs on their own?' He thinks as he watches them.
    The teachers seem to focus mostly on disciple rather than teaching actual magic , putting empathize on self-study and research.

18. - Top - End - #408
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Lucas

'...good to know that...'
    Thinks Lucas, remembering it for later use.

Spoiler
    Show

No more ideas what to do, at least till the group meeting/ tea with Princess...
    So I guess, we can assume that Lucas is already near Danil's house around pm, unless something happens earlier. Any information from others etc.

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

19. - Top - End - #409
    Dwarf in the Playground

Tantaburs.

Eventually Mana walks into the guild. "I need names, she says to you. I need the name of everyone who is going to the Takuga region. You said the Baron was making the group, do you have any idea of who he will pick?"

The other girl stands there with a cute smile....and fangs.
    What's she getting at. I don't want to let on how much I know about my travelling companions

Um... hi. Who is going? I don't really know everyone the people who were at the meeting last night were Baron Danil, The Psionic Masters son Lucas, a mage named Tabetha I think and The knight who fought yesterday Zachary Smith. Why the sudden interest?

John turns to the fanged girl

Do I know this girl? might as well take a risk what the worst that can happen she thinks I'm crazy she can join the club of everyone else I've met

I'm sorry I don't think we have been formally introduced. I am John Martin. May I offer you a drink.

Did I really just offer someone with fangs a drink? Maybe I am crazy.

20. - Top - End - #410
    Firbolg in the Playground

Having time to pass before noon Zachary moves around looking for a forge.

I need cash, bad. Maybe train fighters? I made my weapons and armor, may as well profit from it...
    Last edited by Zman; 2012-11-16 at 01:42 PM.

21. - Top - End - #411
    Banned

Tantaburs

"No that's all we need!"

Mana and the vampire girl run off, apparently you said something that gave them any idea.

Zman

You find a forge in the back of the knight's quarters often used for repairing old armor and weapons by the squires.

22. - Top - End - #412
    Dwarf in the Playground

Tantaburs

"No that's all we need!"

Mana and the vampire girl run off, apparently you said something that gave them any idea.

Okay then that was a little weird. I should probably be heading to Danil's house. Maybe I should warn him about vampires.

John heads out to Danil's house

23. - Top - End - #413

When everyone shows up at Danil's:

"Well, it looks like the princess wants to see all of us (she implied that she didn't think you were really brave enough to try this). She invited us all to tea this afternoon. Needless to say, I think we should go. And how was your day? "
    Prince Fraternal of Pudding, Snuzzlepal, Feezy Squeez Lover, MP, Member of The Most Noble And Ancient Order Of St. George, King of Gae Parabolae.

Lego Ergo Sum

"Everyone's cute if you just look at them the right way"~Rebekah Patton Durham, Princess of Pudding.

"If they have stats, we can kill them... I'd like to point out that we also have stats..." ~ PhoenixGuard09.

Warhammer 40K: Where the faction that is a cross between the Inquisition and Space Nazis are the good guys.

24. - Top - End - #414
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Lucas

"Could be better, could be worse... I learned a bit about this world, some of it disappointing, but I guess I could have predicted this much."

"If princess wants to see us, then we shall go... can't keep her waiting, could we?"

He says, thinking about other things, hardly focusing on conversation.

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

25. - Top - End - #415

We then (presumably) proceed to the palace (after eating lunch and trading stories, of course).

At the gate I explain "The princess invited me and my friends to tea regarding a project for her."

Lego Ergo Sum

26. - Top - End - #416
    Banned

The guard lets you in. The princess has a basic yet formal tea ceremony set up.

"Welcome, welcome. I trust the guard didn't give you any trouble?"

27. - Top - End - #417
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Lucas
    To Loiosh telepathy "Aww, no coffee?"

He waits patiently for Danil to start the conversation... he is better suited for this...

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

28. - Top - End - #418

"No, milady." Danil bows and takes a seat. He samples the tea and raises his eyebrows.

Real tea? How did that get in here?

Lego Ergo Sum

29. - Top - End - #419
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Lucas

'...it would be a long conversation...' he thinks, as he tastes the tea himself... just enough to be polite.

"Loiosh, is the situation informal enough for us peasants to speak freely?" He asks using telepathy... better to be sure...

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

30. - Top - End - #420
    Dwarf in the Playground

The guard lets you in. The princess has a basic yet formal tea ceremony set up.

"Welcome, welcome. I trust the guard didn't give you any trouble?"

They were no trouble at all Your Grace.