New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Grimoire of the Rift (IC)

Quote Originally Posted by Morithias View Post
    Mana walks up to you after you arrive. "So read any good books lately? Any kind of...say...Grimoires?"
    John

This is not going to go well

Okay Mana just calm down and let me explain some things.

2. - Top - End - #482
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tantaburs View Post
    John

This is not going to go well

Okay Mana just calm down and let me explain some things.
    "Oh I know all about what happened. Patricia told me. But let's hear your side of things.."

3. - Top - End - #483
    Bugbear in the Playground

Danil spends most of the time until the meeting going over his house finances, seeing where he can squeeze out a few extra coppers.
    Prince Fraternal of Pudding, Snuzzlepal, Feezy Squeez Lover, MP, Member of The Most Noble And Ancient Order Of St. George, King of Gae Parabolae.

Lego Ergo Sum

"Everyone's cute if you just look at them the right way"~Rebekah Patton Durham, Princess of Pudding.

"If they have stats, we can kill them... I'd like to point out that we also have stats..." ~ PhoenixGuard09.

Warhammer 40K: Where the faction that is a cross between the Inquisition and Space Nazis are the good guys.

4. - Top - End - #484
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Oh I know all about what happened. Patricia told me. But let's hear your side of things.."
    John

A group of friends and me read from this book. When I woke up the next day I was here. I have no idea who I am, What I do or who I know. My first instinct was to keep it secret because... I mean it sounds crazy to me and I know it's true. Plus it would limit the shock on people who knew the person I became.

5. - Top - End - #485
    Banned

John

A group of friends and me read from this book. When I woke up the next day I was here. I have no idea who I am, What I do or who I know. My first instinct was to keep it secret because... I mean it sounds crazy to me and I know it's true. Plus it would limit the shock on people who knew the person I became.
    She reaches up as if she's going to slap you. "No..you're not him. There's no point in slapping you. You lied to me yes, but you did what you thought was best to the best of your abilities." She lowers her hand but still looks cross. "But...I can't shake it...I still have feelings for you..the other you.." she hugs herself sadly.

6. - Top - End - #486
    Dwarf in the Playground

She reaches up as if she's going to slap you. "No..you're not him. There's no point in slapping you. You lied to me yes, but you did what you thought was best to the best of your abilities." She lowers her hand but still looks cross. "But...I can't shake it...I still have feelings for you..the other you.." she hugs herself sadly.
    John

John moves up to Mana and put his arm around her

I am sorry I lied to you. I wanted to tell you but... I didn't know how to say it. If it makes you feel any better you can slap me.

7. - Top - End - #487
    Banned

John

John moves up to Mana and put his arm around her

I am sorry I lied to you. I wanted to tell you but... I didn't know how to say it. If it makes you feel any better you can slap me.
    She looks sad, and then suddenly kisses you on the lips. She then breaks the kiss. "You kiss like he did...he's in you...I can feel it..." She takes your hand. "I'm not going to hold you to his promise to marry me. Our childhood promise, but will you please try a relationship with me?" She looks heartbroken almost. Like a child you just found out his parents had been replacing his pet hamster whenever it died. "Please?"

8. - Top - End - #488

[OOC]Awwww.....[/OOC]
    Prince Fraternal of Pudding, Snuzzlepal, Feezy Squeez Lover, MP, Member of The Most Noble And Ancient Order Of St. George, King of Gae Parabolae.

Lego Ergo Sum

"Everyone's cute if you just look at them the right way"~Rebekah Patton Durham, Princess of Pudding.

"If they have stats, we can kill them... I'd like to point out that we also have stats..." ~ PhoenixGuard09.

Warhammer 40K: Where the faction that is a cross between the Inquisition and Space Nazis are the good guys.

9. - Top - End - #489
    Dwarf in the Playground

She looks sad, and then suddenly kisses you on the lips. She then breaks the kiss. "You kiss like he did...he's in you...I can feel it..." She takes your hand. "I'm not going to hold you to his promise to marry me. Our childhood promise, but will you please try a relationship with me?" She looks heartbroken almost. Like a child you just found out his parents had been replacing his pet hamster whenever it died. "Please?"
    John

I can't marry you Mana I don't know.

John can tell that his words have greatly upset her

Listen. We are leaving soon to get aid from the other lords to help rebuild Takuga. Come with me let me get to know you before you propose.

10. - Top - End - #490
    Banned

John

I can't marry you Mana I don't know.

John can tell that his words have greatly upset her

Listen. We are leaving soon to get aid from the other lords to help rebuild Takuga. Come with me let me get to know you before you propose.
    "I will come with you." She says softly. "Let me get my things ready."

11. - Top - End - #491
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I will come with you." She says softly. "Let me get my things ready."
    John

I have to go meet with the others but I'll be back later tonight. We can talk more then.

12. - Top - End - #492
    Banned

John

I have to go meet with the others but I'll be back later tonight. We can talk more then.
    She nods and lets you leave.

13. - Top - End - #493

When the others arrive Danil opens the discussion (over dinner) with his slightly underwhelming report.

"I've been over my House finances and even with the best management, I'll only be able to secure a few golds a week. If you guys have things to do in Oda, I can spend the time spreading word and trying to raise a little coin, but for myself, I'd be in favor of moving out as soon as possible.

One other idea I had, though. Lucas, you mentioned something about making magic items. Would it be possible to make items using my magic, if I helped? Healing potions and stuff of that sort."

Lego Ergo Sum

14. - Top - End - #494
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Lucas

"If you learn how to do these... yes, I can make only one item at the time anyway... You could help me with specific items though... I could save some money on spells needed for crafting. It would be only needed if you wanted me to craft items for any of us. If it is for earning money, I think that cloaks of resistance are a good source of money and I have the spells needed for it...
    Although, if anyone was able to lend me... 150 gold, I would be able to earn a lot more daily, as I wouldn't need to borrow resources every time...
    If we were to leave tomorrow it wouldn't make any difference. I won't do much crafting while travelling.
    ... at least not until I get some specific... tools...

Mori... ow sorry, Patricia, could you tell us how much time do you need for your research?"
    He answers Danil's question in a tone... like he was a teacher during a lecture... probably the influence of this world's experience...
    Then he turns to Patricia, with a bit of concern and waits for the answer...

“No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.”
    ― Steven Brust

“Plan. Yes. Good idea. I should come up with a plan.”
    ― Steven Brust, Dzur

15. - Top - End - #495

Danil raises his hand. "I'll lend you up to 450 gold, but I'll be wanting a cut of the profits in that case. And I was mainly thinking of building up more healing energies. I can't hold much of God's power at once yet, and being able to brew potions or prepare wands or whatever else would be a big help."
    Last edited by ReaderAt2046; 2012-11-21 at 03:42 PM.

Lego Ergo Sum

16. - Top - End - #496
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Lucas

"I can't help with potions, but I could make belts... they hold few charges and recharge every day...
    It would take some time, but I could make few of these..."
    He says after a short while of thinking on this subject.

Spoiler
    Show
    Healing belt MIC

“No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.”
    ― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

17. - Top - End - #497
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lexin View Post

Mori... ow sorry, Patricia, could you tell us how much time do you need for your research?"[/B][/COLOR] He answers Danil's question in a tone... like he was a teacher during a lecture... probably the influence of this world's experience...
    Then he turns to Patricia, with a bit of concern and waits for the answer...
    Patricia blushes when you address her. "It depends, I can easily get basic info on the Lords, but if you want more detailed stuff I'll need to research them one at a time." She's wearing a formal dress, as although he's a minor lord, there are standards for university students. You can tell she's not used to this yet.

18. - Top - End - #498
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Patricia blushes when you address her. "It depends, I can easily get basic info on the Lords, but if you want more detailed stuff I'll need to research them one at a time." She's wearing a formal dress, as although he's a minor lord, there are standards for university students. You can tell she's not used to this yet.
    "We would probably need detailed information... Starting with Tokugawa? The one with Dragon Princess...
    We could wait till you gather information about this Lord, go there, try to convince him/her... Could you find information there, or do you need the resources from this city to work?"
    He asks, trying to find different options.

"Also, quite a crucial question. Do you want to travel with us, or focus on theoretical part of this adventure? Just sending us your notes, I mean..."

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

19. - Top - End - #499
    Banned

"We would probably need detailed information... Starting with Tokugawa? The one with Dragon Princess...
    We could wait till you gather information about this Lord, go there, try to convince him/her... Could you find information there, or do you need the resources from this city to work?"

"Also, quite a crucial question. Do you want to travel with us, or focus on theoretical part of this adventure? Just sending us your notes, I mean..."
    "I'm not made for combat." I say. "I can get you information on every lord in about 16 days."

20. - Top - End - #500
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

"I'm not made for combat." I say. "I can get you information on every lord in about 16 days."
    Slight confusion on his face "16 days per lord, or would it cover all of them? And if you choose to travel, it doesn't mean you need to fight... Don't you want to see other places in this world? Meet other lords?" He asks somehow excited about the idea.

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

21. - Top - End - #501

"Pat, what happened to Lee? He could be really helpful in approaching the Dragon Princess, and it sounds like he's somewhat aquainted with you already."

Lego Ergo Sum

22. - Top - End - #502
    Banned

Slight confusion on his face "16 days per lord, or would it cover all of them? And if you choose to travel, it doesn't mean you need to fight... Don't you want to see other places in this world? Meet other lords?" He asks somehow excited about the idea.
    "16 for all of them. And not really...not..yeah.." she grabs her chest. "Sorry, but I'm going to lock myself in my study room and stay there. I'll see if I can contact Lee."

23. - Top - End - #503
    Dwarf in the Playground

John

I should be able to help with information about the shipping routes but im not sure how far my influence spreads yet. I'll find out more later tonight. Mana has agreed to accompany us and she should know more then me.

24. - Top - End - #504
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Lucas

"So, we are staying here for 16 days? ... sounds like a long time... Patricia, could you focus on every Lord, whose lands are east from here? We would get information about the west half on our way back. We could set off in a week this way..." He says after few minutes of quiet thinking, then turns to others.

"A week... it should be just enough to prepare... What do you think?"

Spoiler
    Show

I would also suggest to skip this week, everyone would just list their money-gathering actions etc.
    Maybe Zman would want to talk to his squire, other than that we are probably ready... (tell me if I am wrong)

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

25. - Top - End - #505

(Addressing Lexin)

"So about that loan you were requesting. Here's what I'm thinking: I provide the cost of raw materials, and you make the item and probably sell it (though John might be able to do that better, not sure.) When the item is sold I get back the raw material cost I put up in the first place and then a quarter of the profits. Sound good?

"Also, how much juice do you need for one of those healing belts? I can do up to three CLWs and three CMWs a day."

(turns to Patricia)

Oh, and have you got any idea where we could find Lee? And does he know what's really happening?"
    Last edited by ReaderAt2046; 2012-11-23 at 07:57 AM.

Lego Ergo Sum

26. - Top - End - #506
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ReaderAt2046 View Post

(turns to Patricia)

Oh, and have you got any idea where we could find Lee? And does he know what's really happening?"
    "I know where I" I emphasize the I. "can find Lee, but I can't give you his location. Rules of the game and all. You might be able to try the Cafe, he says it's one of his favourite spots."

I blush. "Yes...Lee knows what happened to me, he was the first person I talked to...he's been teasing me about it ever since."

27. - Top - End - #507

"Just some thoughts on strategy. It seems to me that the four most important houses for the conquest phase of our campaign are Hojo (for the paladins), Miko (for the clerics), Tangshima (firearms would be a huge advantage), and Shimazu (to get together enough juice and lore to figure out how to permanently close the portal). The settlement phase will require mostly Asakura and Ashikaga."

"Also, are we all agreed on calling ourselves The Order Of The Pebble?"

Lego Ergo Sum

28. - Top - End - #508
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ReaderAt2046 View Post
    (Addressing John)

"So about that loan you were requesting. Here's what I'm thinking: I provide the cost of raw materials, and you make the item and probably sell it (though John might be able to do that better, not sure.) When the item is sold I get back the raw material cost I put up in the first place and then a quarter of the profits. Sound good?

"Also, how much juice do you need for one of those healing belts? I can do up to three CLWs and three CMWs a day."

(turns to Patricia)

John

I can talk to Mana about shipping belts to other cities. By Increasing the size of the market we won't oversaturate this one and may get a better price in towns where there are fewer crafters.

29. - Top - End - #509
    Banned

All while during the meal Patricia is acting weird. Patricia will start doing subtle feminine things occasionally, then go right back to acting like Mori. Occasionally saying weird things that would only make sense from a feminine side of things, you think she/he might be experiencing feedback, and you're not sure if it's just she who's affected or whether you might eventually start experiencing it too. Every time you question it, she just nods and says she's fine, apparently not noticing her odd behaviour.

(Basically imagine she's glitching, similar as if she was programmed wrong)
    Last edited by Morithias; 2012-11-22 at 09:57 PM.

30. - Top - End - #510

Danil's activities over the next week are mostly quite simple, and devoted to scraping out the extra resources he wants. He pulls complex tricks with investments and interest rates to free up coin for his long-term use, he sells a little of his healing energy to raise extra funds, and he casually mentions the Takuga project.

His one major side project is to make contact with Lee, and to that end he drops by the Cafe every day at least once.

Spoiler
    Show
    Taking ten on my Profession check nets me 8 gp at the end of the week. Selling one CLW per day is another 56 gp, and I don't know how much a CMiW would sell for, so I'll fill that in when I know. If I meet Lee at any of these visits, tell me and I'll RP it from there.

Lego Ergo Sum