New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Banned

Default Re: Grimoire of the Rift (IC)

Lee eventually shows up on the third day at the cafe, do you approach him?

2. - Top - End - #512
    Bugbear in the Playground

Certainly.

"Hello, Lee! I presume Patricia has kept you up to date? There are a few things I'd like to discuss with you."
    Prince Fraternal of Pudding, Snuzzlepal, Feezy Squeez Lover, MP, Member of The Most Noble And Ancient Order Of St. George, King of Gae Parabolae.

Lego Ergo Sum

"Everyone's cute if you just look at them the right way"~Rebekah Patton Durham, Princess of Pudding.

"If they have stats, we can kill them... I'd like to point out that we also have stats..." ~ PhoenixGuard09.

Warhammer 40K: Where the faction that is a cross between the Inquisition and Space Nazis are the good guys.

3. - Top - End - #513
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ReaderAt2046 View Post
    Certainly.

"Hello, Lee! I presume Patricia has kept you up to date? There are a few things I'd like to discuss with you."
    Lee is sipping his drink. "Of course, have a seat. 'She' has been oddly pleasant to work with. I'll order you something. Coffee?"

4. - Top - End - #514

"Coffee would be nice, thanks. So you know about the Takuga project?"
    Prince Fraternal of Pudding, Snuzzlepal, Feezy Squeez Lover, MP, Member of The Most Noble And Ancient Order Of St. George, King of Gae Parabolae.

Lego Ergo Sum

"Everyone's cute if you just look at them the right way"~Rebekah Patton Durham, Princess of Pudding.

"If they have stats, we can kill them... I'd like to point out that we also have stats..." ~ PhoenixGuard09.

Warhammer 40K: Where the faction that is a cross between the Inquisition and Space Nazis are the good guys.

5. - Top - End - #515
    Firbolg in the Playground

Zachary, with little to do, continues to train. He makes a couple of rounds each night disguised in an old brown scrap robe patrolling the seedy streets as he brings some vigilante justice. He also keeps his ear to the ground about monsters or other supernatural threats.

Spoiler
    Show

Well, I can't really make money like Lucas, xp is shared, etc. I have absolutely nothing to do while others make a lot of money...

6. - Top - End - #516
    Banned

"Coffee would be nice, thanks. So you know about the Takuga project?"
    "Yes, Patricia told me the basic outlines." He orders you a coffee and one of the maids comes over to poor it. "So you're actually going to do it?"

7. - Top - End - #517

"Definitely. That's why I'm here, actually. We're heading out to the Dragon province soon and I wanted to know beforehand if you wanted in on the Takuga project."

Lego Ergo Sum

8. - Top - End - #518
    Banned

"Definitely. That's why I'm here, actually. We're heading out to the Dragon province soon and I wanted to know beforehand if you wanted in on the Takuga project."
    Lee sips his coffee. "Is Patricia going? I'm only really interested in her. Some same that given her level of training, she's one of the most knowledgeable people in the kingdom." He has a slightly perverted grin on his face. "Plus there aren't that many beautiful girls in Takuga, at least not ones that don't try to kill you."

He smirks and finishes his cup asking for another. "So you're going to Tokugawa huh? Going to see Nova Ryu?"

9. - Top - End - #519

"Her and anyone else that's willing to help. I would imagine that your bloodlines would be particularly interested, since you'd be particularly good at killing devils. I mean, I know from the histories that a dire wolf who's had his teeth filled with silver can really hurt devils, so I'd imagine your teeth and claws and such would work the same way. Speaking of which, can you give me a referral to the head of your bloodline?"

Lego Ergo Sum

10. - Top - End - #520
    Banned

"Her and anyone else that's willing to help. I would imagine that your bloodlines would be particularly interested, since you'd be particularly good at killing devils. I mean, I know from the histories that a dire wolf who's had his teeth filled with silver can really hurt devils, so I'd imagine your teeth and claws and such would work the same way. Speaking of which, can you give me a referral to the head of your bloodline?"
    "Head of my bloodline?" He looks at you confused. "What are you talking about?"

11. - Top - End - #521

"Whoever the leader of the silver dragons (or your particular line of silver dragons) is. Like a Lord for humans."

Lego Ergo Sum

12. - Top - End - #522
    Banned

"Whoever the leader of the silver dragons (or your particular line of silver dragons) is. Like a Lord for humans."
    "Nova Ryu. She is the princess of all dragons. With the exceptions of those who decide to leave and go either independent, or serve other lords."

He sips his coffee. "Our focus is mostly on the game. You see, warfare is but a game to us. Take your Crescent Dragon lady, do you think she could beat a Great Wyrm? That is why we invented the game. Fighting between two or more dragons directly would create mass problems, major damage to the land and cityscape. Making the act of fighting having rules and so on prevents such things. It also puts the fighting in the hands of the humans. If a dragon is so powerful that no human would challenge it, they effectively can't fight, and if they do try to fight directly, everyone turns on them. It keeps us in check."

He finishes his second cup. "Ultimately our slow breeding and lack of numbers prevents that sort of thing from happening too often. There are hundreds of thousands of humans in this kingdom, there are at best a few thousand dragons."

13. - Top - End - #523

"That reminds me, I was wondering about Lady Aisha's title. Is there any such thing as a Crescent Dragon? Just figured that you, if anyone, would know what that meant."

Lego Ergo Sum

14. - Top - End - #524
    Banned

"That reminds me, I was wondering about Lady Aisha's title. Is there any such thing as a Crescent Dragon? Just figured that you, if anyone, would know what that meant."
    "The Crescent Dragon is just a title. However she is named that cause she is probably the only human worthy of being called a Dragon. Yes there are humans that could fight say, a wyrmling one on one, but she's probably the only one that could take a dragon of her own age, that is to say a young adult, one on one."

He sips his third cup. "A few of the dragons asked Princess Ryu to ask her to change her title, but out of a combination of respect for Teru, and of Aisha's power, she declined the movement. Some suggested trial by combat, but there was no way to make the trial fair, and just. A human and a dragon's fighting style are too different to make a fair fight out of."

He downs the third cup, if it wasn't for the fact this guy was a dragon and not a human he'd probably need a bathroom.

"Of course there are all kinds of rumours surrounding the various humans who run around this kingdom, from Aisha, to Teru, to the various lords of the realm. Everyone has a rumour about them, some multiple."

15. - Top - End - #525

"I've already heard a few of the rumors surrounding Aisha and the Princess, and learned first-hand that they aren't accurate. Say, are dragon nobles as schemy as human ones, or do you have more diffused scheming due to having more time at your disposal?

But to get back to the main topic, do you have any advice on dealing with Nova Ryu, or with the demons for that matter?"

Lego Ergo Sum

16. - Top - End - #526
    Banned

"I've already heard a few of the rumors surrounding Aisha and the Princess, and learned first-hand that they aren't accurate. Say, are dragon nobles as schemy as human ones, or do you have more diffused scheming due to having more time at your disposal?

But to get back to the main topic, do you have any advice on dealing with Nova Ryu, or with the demons for that matter?"
    He smiles. "Nova is the dragon who judges the game, show yourself as a just person, think tactically, she is impressed by intelligence and reason. As well as an ethical centre. She is not one to be bribed with money."

17. - Top - End - #527

"Sounds perfect. I'm good at reason and logic."

Lego Ergo Sum

18. - Top - End - #528
    Banned

"Sounds perfect. I'm good at reason and logic."
    "Good to hear. She may be interested in Takuga, she may not, it all depends on what good she thinks it will do for the Dragons...give her a reason to care and you'll be well ahead."

19. - Top - End - #529
    Dwarf in the Playground

John

John spends the next week finding out as much about his new life as he can from mana. What he does, what his ranking within the guild is, what my source of income is etc..

20. - Top - End - #530
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tantaburs View Post
    John

John spends the next week finding out as much about his new life as he can from mana. What he does, what his ranking within the guild is, what my source of income is etc..
    Your primary job is to do whatever they tell you to. You're mostly assigned to work with Mana due to your ummm.. "former closeness". Your ranking is the lowest rank due to you having no actual merchant training. Your source is small commission on random jobs.

Mana is helpful in this, and encourages you to try and keep learning. She also tries to keep your chin up, as shippers always need bodyguards, and your fighting skills are far above hers.

21. - Top - End - #531
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Lucas

In the week, they have he focuses mostly on crafting. Unless somebody (either from our group or from the guild) wants something from him.

Spoiler
    Show

Outcome- 2100 gp and Healing Belt
    100 for Danil for initial loan

If you need anything just tell me, as I have the highest money-making rate, I suppose we could treat it more like a group funds.
    (Although if you don't tell me what you want I would just use it from time to time...)

“No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.”
    ― Steven Brust

“Plan. Yes. Good idea. I should come up with a plan.”
    ― Steven Brust, Dzur

22. - Top - End - #532
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lexin View Post
    Lucas

In the week, they have he focuses mostly on crafting. Unless somebody (either from our group or from the guild) wants something from him.

Spoiler
    Show

Outcome- 2100 gp and Healing Belt
    100 for Danil for initial loan

If you need anything just tell me, as I have the highest money-making rate, I suppose we could treat it more like a group funds.
    (Although if you don't tell me what you want I would just use it from time to time...)
    At the end of the week your father comes in and looks over your work. "See you don't need my help to do work." He looks over your papers and healing belt. "Healing belts are good items to have, and you made a fair bit of money too. Of course it's always good to experiment some, that's how you learn the fastest, book learning will only get you so far."

He pats you on the back. "I have something to ask of you before you go to Tokugawa. There is a young woman from there, who needs to go back, I was wondering if she could hitch a ride with your caravan."

Edit: Also I checked your sheet. Didn't I give 1000 xp for the festival not 100? Or am I missing something?
    Last edited by Morithias; 2012-11-25 at 08:36 AM.

23. - Top - End - #533
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Lucas

Lucas frowns for a second, then shrugs and says
    "I have no reason to say no to that. Who is that woman?"

Spoiler
    Show

I mentioned that I have 2 sheets, the pathfinder one is where I added 1000 xp, gp changes and healing belt (I have no idea why I added 100 xp to the other sheet)

“No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.”
    ― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

24. - Top - End - #534
    Banned

Lucas

Lucas frowns for a second, then shrugs and says
    "I have no reason to say no to that. Who is that woman?"

Spoiler
    Show

I mentioned that I have 2 sheets, the pathfinder one is where I added 1000 xp, gp changes and healing belt (I have no idea why I added 100 xp to the other sheet)
    "Just a young woman from the Tokugawa area. Came here for some business, and now needs to go back."

Spoiler
    Show
    Ah okay. I will change the link in the OOC thread.

25. - Top - End - #535
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Lucas

"I already agreed to that. I would like to know her name though, to know who to expect and how to call her on the way..." He says.

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

26. - Top - End - #536
    Banned

Lucas

"I already agreed to that. I would like to know her name though, to know who to expect and how to call her on the way..." He says.
    He smiles. "Kolth, I believe is her name, it's hard to tell cause the Tokugawa have often many names, a human name, a game name, etc. I'll be sure to talk to her. She's fairly young, but I promise you she won't be any trouble."
    Last edited by Morithias; 2012-11-25 at 02:17 PM.

27. - Top - End - #537
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Lucas

He nods and asks further "Should I know something about her? Treat her like a friend of family or more like a business partner?"

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

28. - Top - End - #538
    Banned

Lucas

He nods and asks further "Should I know something about her? Treat her like a friend of family or more like a business partner?"
    "Treat her like a human being. Treat her like you would any other person, therefore treat her well. You're a good person aren't you?"

He smiles. "This is a world where there are shapechangers, and shapeshifting magic, you should treat everyone well on that reason alone."

He leaves, leaving you to ponder this sentence.

29. - Top - End - #539
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Lucas

'Huh, it was a bit weird...' he thinks.

'Is he often as cryptic as this time?' he asks Loiosh.

After this one week he goes once again to their group meeting. Hoping to get the necessary information from Mori/Patricia and to see others well prepared to this trip.

Edit
    Spoiler
    Show

Yes I think it would be nice to start the Big Quest finally.
    Last edited by Lexin; 2012-11-25 at 05:56 PM.

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

30. - Top - End - #540
    Banned

Lucas

'Huh, it was a bit weird...' he thinks.

'Is he often as cryptic as this time?' he asks Loiosh.

After this one week he goes once again to their group meeting. Hoping to get the necessary information from Mori/Patricia and to see others well prepared to this trip.

Edit
    Spoiler
    Show

Yes I think it would be nice to start the Big Quest finally.
    Loiosh: "Being cryptic is often a good way to teach people things. It makes them rely on their own skills, and develop independently. He's not always this way."